Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Training for the Games

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

The yell of panic would echo throughout the underground as a figure would come plummeting down from the surface level. While this was an issue that happened in more frequency back during the move to above ground, it was still something that happened nearly three times a year, which was barely a blip on the radar of public concern. Yet, this instance, while it would most certainly be counted, wasn't the normal scenario for this. Instead of someone falling through a sinkhole or accidentally uncovering an unpatched pathway back down here, this individual was actually looking for a way to go down into the ruins below. This individual was Okami Roku.

"What a rather bizarre and mundane way to die!!! I could have sworn my end would be much more painful!!!"

He believed his words, which would be rather silly if anyone else had heard them. From the height he was falling, his inevitable crash would be plenty painful. In fact, the odds he would actually survive the crash due to his hybrid constitution were actually worse for him. He would then be forced to feel all of the pain that most would have been spared in death.

If we die here because you are too stupid to exist another day, then I will be incredibly pissed!

"Awwwwww, is that your way of saying you care about my safety?"

You idiot, my existence is linked to your own... I am saying that I would be pissed that some moronic monkey ended up getting me killed!

"Wouldn't you just reincarnate or something?"

What if it wasn't that simple, huh? You ever think about that you bag of flesh and shit? What if my existence rebirths but my mind, my personality, is no longer this?

"Well... you really aren't giving me the drawbacks here..."

Just die!

He would smirk as he would begin to place his hands together to form a series of seals.

Wait a minute... you aren't... YOU IDIOT!!!

Releasing the molded chakra, he would craft a sphere of water, a jutsu known as Water Prison, and then would motion towards the creation's intended target; himself. The water would quickly gulp him up, encasing him in exactly what the jutsu stated it would do; in a prison of water. Holding his breath would be a given, but what he had failed to realize is that the jutsu would not be as forgiving as just trapping him in water. No, the pressure within the orb would continue to condense, giving a sensation that he was being drug deeper in a large body of water.

Maybe this was a bad idea...

If I could consume you... no, wait, you would only make me dumber... you deserve to be crushed in such a dumb manner.

It would now be a battle to maintain his consciousness, so he could maintain the jutsu, hold his breath, and withstand the pressure within the prison. It would only take a few moments as the water prison would crash into the ground below. Thankfully the design of the binding orb was to make it tough to break out of or destroy, which is why he assumed it would have protected him from slamming into the underground floor. Unbeknownst to him, a strange chakra would begin to emanate from his body. This chakra would coat him giving him a second wind in his struggle to maintain his composure. This was a gift bestowed by his Hunger.

Ultimately he was right on his gamble, he had successfully landed. Quickly he would release the hold of the jutsu and free himself from the trap. Gasping, he would roll over to his back and look up at the ceiling above himself.

"First stage, cleared."

mft - 623 words
Kinjutsu App - 623/1500

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Looking around the debris, rubble, and ruin of the old village, he couldn't help but be in awe of the sight. He had not seen a lot of villages, and he for sure had never seen a dead village, but now he was getting one in the same. A time capsule of the society that now lived above now lived below.

Serves them right, they should have remained under here and died for their sins...

He would ignore his Hunger. For whatever reason, being down in this new location seemed to have agitated him more than usual. This wasn't strange, in fact this was perfect. One thing he knew he had to start to grasp was the voice within if he was going to stand any chance with the Sennin Games. There was a power, and maybe it was singularly his power, but the voice, the Hunger, gatekeeping that power. He wasn't sure if the voice was purely psychosis, an actual separate entity, or maybe a fracturing of his own mind... which to him felt different than just psychosis, but honestly he was still a kid. But that was the thing, that was the crux of all of this, figuring out fully what this was inside of him and making it his own.

So in that effort, he would push onward, deeper into the ruins of old Suna.

"Ok, so if the layout was similar to how it is above ground, that would mean that..." his eyes would scan the area before locking onto an image out in the distance, "bingo!"

He would begin to make his way towards the image, a tower far off in the distance that had a considerable amount of damage done to it, far more than just the damage from the move and any falling debris. Something had happened at this tower, but in the same vein, he felt like this was the most ideal place to start in provoking his Hunger.

We use the same mind, you know that right?

"We do?"

"Don't seem so sure now that I have questioned it, huh?"

So why go there, what could you possibly hope to find there?

"The old Kazekage tower... I believe there will be something there that will outright piss you off, so let's go!"

The Hunger grew agitated.

To Be Continued

MFT - 385
1008/1500 for Kin App

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back