Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Truth and Decay [ANBU Class]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to walk threw the corridors he had been away from for so long, it was still early but that didn’t matter to Takeshi as he allowed himself to slowly walk down a cup of coffee in his hand and his mouth opening to allow a yawn to come out, he wasn’t going to a make a meal out of today this was simple touching the water for those that didn’t know what the Branch was and to see if they would be worthy of progressing, though Takeshi hated to use the words it would be considered an entry exam into the branch with the questions he would be asking today, he knew better than to scare the students out of the gates by calling it that.

Takeshi allowed himself to enter the room unlocking the door and walking into the classroom that he had assigned for this class, as he allowed himself to sit the coffee mug down and look around to get a gauge of who had already shown interest in this class, though he wanted to make sure that everyone was prepared to do the hard work that they had signed up for. Takeshi allowed himself to take a few minutes as he looked around to see what the surroundings where like and get a better view of everything as a whole.

Takeshi allowed himself to reach into a bag that he had brought earlier and grab out the chalk he also grabbed out a pile of paper and pens and dispatched them threw the desks, everyone had a different question and their answers would determine if they were able to have the mental attitude that would be looked at to join the Branch, though Takeshi was still unsure if there would be anyone turning up at all but it was better to be prepared once the pen and paper had been dispatched out he allowed himself to gently write his name on the board as he glanced at those well known words.

Reaper

It seemed he was becoming that more and more as time passed by but he knew it was a price to pay for what he did. As he allowed himself to take a sip from the coffee mug he did the final part in preparation as the day was about to start for everyone, the ANBU Sennin put his mask on as he allowed his hand to pull the hood up from behind him completely covering him from the outside world and becoming that well known person that everyone saw as the Sennin. Waiting patiently it was now time to see who would rock up to this lesson and what replies he would get today.

[TWC:454/1,500]
[Topic Entered]
OOC Rules:
- You each have 48 Hours from my post to reply
- Failure to do so resolves in 1 strike, 3 strikes and you fail this class
- 1,500 word and 5 posts is required to get rewards
- No post order is in place go nuts
- Enjoy!

Arashi Takejo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
For once Arashi was up before the sun. It was strange when he thought about it. In his 10 years, he hadn't seen a live sunrise. Kinda dumb when you think about it. Well not so dumb when you keep doing errands during the night, running around the city. Waking up late was a given. One of his few saving graces from joining the academy was that now he was allowed a good night’s sleep. As he rose from his bed and brushed aside his messed up hair, he realised the state of his room, if you could call it a room. It seemed more messy than usual for some reason or was it always like this? He rubbed his eyes to forgo any hints of sleepiness. Ordering and arranging his room was a must but that would have to wait for another early day. Doing his laundry was further down the list. Fortunately he still had some fresh pairs of wearable garments. He washed up real quick, and donned his hand Jacket cargo combination, something he had gotten way too familiar with. His trusty kunai was in its usual place along with the rest of his gear. After grabbing an apple and saying his farewell to his brother and his lackeys, he was on his way to the most civilised place he knew. He hadn’t been at the academy for long at all, but it was definitely all he had hoped for. A peaceful and quiet place where he could just go on with his business. The classes were beneficial and he was making new acquaintances, which was pretty rare for him. Maybe people do change with their surrounding.

Lost in his thoughts, Arashi trundled past the main gate greeting all students. The place didn’t seem familiar to him yet, but he was getting on somehow. It was a pleasant morning, as he was enjoying the morning breeze more than usual. The premises were sparsely populated this early and he wanted to practice some new jutsu and chakra control by himself. As he moved past the big notice board, there was a strange notice on it. There seemed to be special classes today on the ANBU and that too conducted by a veteran ANBU themself. His stomach did a 180 as he almost spat out the bite of the apple he had taken. He has only heard about these black ops divisions, which were under direct supervision of the Hokage. An opportunity to meet one was very rare, but to get to learn from one even rarer. He decided without doubt, this was an opportunity that could not be squandered. He brushed of his clothes, rearranged his hair and rechecked his gear. The notice said that participants needed to be ready for anything and he wanted to make sure that he didn’t make a fool out of himself at the very least.

He carefully approached the designated classroom, not knowing what to expect. His brother had once told him ANBU were mysterious masks and use code names to conceal their identity, leaving only the Hokage informed. He didn’t pay attention that time and now wished he had. The door was open and he peered inside. Sure enough a hooded figure was awaiting. Behind the figure, he saw the word 'reaper' written on the black board. The entire setting felt a little ominous. Arashi quickly jerked back and after composing himself, approached the door formally. The figure turned towards him and sure enough he was left in awe. Not wanting to dawdle like a fool, Arashi quietly bowed after getting inside and proceeded to take a seat. He saw that he was the first one to arrive. He quietly took his place scanned the interiors of the classroom, not wanting to meet the constant pensive gaze he felt on himself.

WC = 640/1500

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Izumi had an idea that he was going to be late. He rushed out of his bed, started to change his clothing on the way. He jumped down the stairs in his home while he was working on redressing himself. Quickly brushing his teeth and take a quick shower. Skipping to dry his hair.
When he picked the bread out of the toaster he grabbed his weapon. That was when he saw the time. He relaxed a lot when he saw he had a whole extra 60 mins. He was wondering how this had happened.
He started to clean his bow again, wanting it to have a good go at showing it instead of an old untaken care of rag. Besides he knew that better-taken care of equipment would take longer. When he was done with his bow clean-up he would place it all together and carry it battle ready on his shoulder. He was proud of it.
A soft silent chuckle left him and he started to ready check everything. And make himself neat. He wanted to make a good expression towards the teacher.With a little sigh, he started to move slowly towards his goal. He was quickly happy as he started to move a little bit and looking upwards. Seeing birds chatter above him. He walked like he was the only one currently here.

When he entered the school buildings he started to search a little around. He had to find where the classes were going to be held. He eventually saw a person getting inside somewhere and had decided for himself that that was a good place to go towards. Slowly he got closer to the classroom and once he peeked his head in... He saw a familiar mask. He was at least glad he knew this person a little. And so far this person had been very nice towards him. He made a little wave to him before looking around. Seems there weren't many others currently in the room yet.

Slowly he made his way towards the bench and looked around a little more only he and a black haired so far... But he didn't want to be a top-class nerdy student... so he let his bag packed in so far. A little unsure as he was usually the first with unpacking his bag to get book word ready... So instead he got a pencil ready and started to play a little with it. Nervous? You wouldn't say that the kid was... Alright, maybe a little as for his idea he jumped into the deep.

WC: 430 / 1500

Yozora Akihito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was an odd day for Akihito. For once he, voluntarily, decided to join an optional class. Usually slacking off would be far more important for the young boy but something told him this would be a very important class. Maybe because it was ANBU related... Oh well, he would find out when he got there. He just hoped no poison would be involved, not after the Tsukasa-sensei incident...

Having said goodbye to his parents, Akihito left his new home at the clan district and ran towards the academy. I wonder how this will go... I hope the sensei doesn't just decide to toy with us cause we're academy students... The village appeared to be calm so Akihito took a bit of time to watch his surroundings. It always felt nice to see the people going about their daily business. It meant nothing too bad was going on. He hoped.

Having arrived at the academy, Akihito searched for the classroom this class was assigned to. It took a bit but he eventually found the right door, said a greeting and entered.
The first thing he noticed was the man at the desk, with his head covered and wearing a mask. Probably the sensei... We're going to be taught by an actual ANBU! I wonder how high he ranks and how strong he is. Behind the teacher was the word 'Reaper' written in chalk on the board. That is really ominous... I hope it does not mean I've screwed myself over by coming here. Feeling his sensei's stare on him, Akihito quickly went to grab a seat in order to avoid the uncomfortable feeling it left within him.

Having taken one of the free desks, Akihito took the opportunity to observe the two other boys in the room. One of them appeared to be watching the room carefully. Cautious. Is it paranoia or the general feeling of the room that is making him act like that? The other one was rather fidgety and seemed to be really uncomfortable. Maybe he's shy. Huh, pretty bad place to be for a shy person. Not knowing either of them, Akihito stopped paying attention to either and looked at the paper on his desk. Time to see what this is all about.

WC= 383/1500

Tomomi Chijimatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Miyako has been awful tired since the tournaments and had a hard time waking up this morning. She knew that she was going to be late, but it's better to show up late than to not show up, right? She lazily gets dressed, making sure to tug her kimono tighter around her chest as to hide the large and almost grotesque bruise that taijutsu had left directly in the center of it. Miyako's hands are still bandaged tightly, having suffered severe burns. She hopes that she'll not have to do any hand to hand combat in this class, her opinion of the ANBU however makes her think that it's completely plausible. The Uchiha clan complex is ominously empty this morning, but Miyako likes the quiet, especially since the sun is still on its rise to the center of the sky.

She doesn't rush to the academy, knowing that she can't be the only one that's late. She offers a smile to a few of the students standing outside that she's met before, seeming to almost completely ignore those that she hasn't. She pushes through the front gates and her footsteps along the hallway are nearly silent. There are only a few classrooms open this early in the morning and Miyako peeks into the first one she sees. Laying on the table is a human-like prosthetic and a young woman stands over it, portraying handseals to the class slowly as they repeat them back to her. A mednin class, this isn't what she's looking for. Miyako sighs and continues, running the handseals that the woman was teaching through her head once more, keeping the combination in mind as she continues walking. On the opposite side of the hall, there's another open classroom and a tall man with a dark ponytail is drawing tactical positions and strategies on the board with chalk at the front of the room. His voice is very intellectual and he seems to be heavily involving all of his students in the execution and formation of tactics. This must be the main branch, huh? She thinks to herself, judging by the thick green vest that the man teaching wears. Both of those classes have seemed very interesting, but she knows what class she's here for. One of the final doors at the end of the hallway stands open and the fluorescent lights reflect off of the floor.

Miyako steps into the classroom and does not look at the proctor as she does. She glances between the students and hardly recognizes any of them. In this situation, Miyako decides to sit alone in the center of the second row. She places both of her palms flat on the desk and eyes the proctor, his mask and hood combination is dark and doesn't allow for any sort of recognition. 'Reaper' reads the chalk on the board and forces Miyako to grin, a code name in the presence of allies, does he really have to hide his true identity from a bunch of academy students? Now waiting for the lesson to begin, Miyako stifles her grin, hopefully before it can even be noticed.

[522/1500]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to sit in the chair it seemed that four of the students had managed to make their way to this lesson. Though he wanted to make sure that they had a small bit of experience in the lesson he wanted to ask four questions it was a simple task but each of them would only be able to answer one of them and then that question would be gone. It was clear that Takeshi knew full well that they had only just started on their journey to ascend to the ranks of the ANBU Branch, but how many had the guts and drive to pull threw to all of it. That was what he was here to find out.

“I have four questions, if you answer one question you cannot answer a second one, think carefully over which of the questions you want to answer before speaking. And that is it its all key in making sure that you answer the one that best suits your skill level and your learning abilities. First of all before you answer the question please introduce yourself make sure that you state clearly who you are and why you have come to this lesson, lets see if its just for some fun or if you are serious about joining the Branch.”

Takeshi let those words ponder in the air for a few seconds before he studied the look on each person trying to gauge them then deciding to speak the questions that needed to be spoken. He allowed himself to sigh from under the face mask that was there.

“What is the primary function of the ANBU Branch? What things do the ANBU do behind the closed door? What tasks inside the village do the ANBU do and finally what tasks outside of the village do we do. Remember think carefully on these questions and only answer one of them per person. So who wants to be that brave person that speaks up first on this matter?”

Takeshi waited in silence wondering who would be the first person to speak up on this and take the bullet so to speak. Though this point always interested him in who would be the one doing the speaking first before the others. Takeshi sat silently once more behind his desk as he waited for the answers, he would be judging them and who spoke them.

[TWC: 856/1,500]

Yozora Akihito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed that this class would start with introductions. Well, that was to be expected but this time they seemed to have more weight to them. The teacher wanted to know if they were serious... So be it. Despite his usual self, Akihito would prove his determination! Standing up and looking directly at the ANBU, the boy spoke.

"My name is Yozora Akihito. If this were a regular or less important class I would just say something along the lines of 'To get away from my mother's nagging' or 'Because I have to spend at least some time in classes', but today I came to this class voluntarily. I have always held my family dear and the village, despite the odd happening here and there, will always be a place I think fondly of. I have always wanted to protect them, to keep the serenity and allow people to live in the peace they deserve. This is an ugly world, but that is no reason to ignore it all despite how tempting it might be. I've also recently joined the clan I share blood ties with, the Uchiha. I've sworn that I would do them proud and protect them, for they are family, even if I've not known them for long." Akihito paused for a bit before continuing.
"I knew I had to be a shinobi to accomplish my goals, but what kind was always an unknown. Being a mednin would allow me to protect and save those dear to me, but that path was not something I was drawn to. That left the more violence oriented paths. Even now, despite it all, I am not sure of the path I will truly take, but if it's for my family, for my clan, for my village, even in the shadows am I willing to dwell."

It had been a long speech, but Akihito felt that it best represented his feelings towards this class. It was an opportunity. The opportunity to find his way through his life, to fulfill his goals. He hoped coming here had not been a mistake.

Having introduced himself, Akihito thought about the four questions. Which one should he take... After a bit of further thinking, he came to a conclusion.

"I choose to answer the question about what ANBU do inside the village. While it might be weird for a branch whose acronym contains the word assassination, ANBU are still very vital to the village even within it's own walls. They are in charge of the protection of high profile individuals, making sure no infiltrators make it inside the village, dealing with any such people that actually make it inside, general surveillance of the village in order to make sure no danger to it or it's inhabitants is present. They are also responsible for more clandestine and hidden activities within the walls, though those I can speak little about because of my lack of knowledge about them. They are the shadow that protects us even while the light blinds us to the threats."

With his answer given, Akihito sat back down and waited for his teacher's reaction, his previous determination a bit sapped by the nerves of having gathered so much attention onto himself.

TWC=921/1500

Tomomi Chijimatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Miyako had no time to react before Akihito stood, she glares at the back of his head for a short moment but can't say that she isn't grateful that he's given her time to mull over her chosen question. She listens to his introduction and explanation, believing that he's trying a bit too hard to impress this member of the ANBU and to let him know that he has a strong desire to join the ANBU. Miyako doesn't feel the draw that Akihito does, she has no idea where she wants to take her career as a shinobi and doesn't think that in this exact moment is when she needs to decide. She didn't listen to much of Akihito's explanation because she won't have to answer that question any longer. She's already decided which question she'll answer and as Akihito sits, she stands and looks towards the man entitled Reaper.

"I am Uchiha Miyako, a full-blooded Uchiha and a kunoichi dedicated to the well being of this village and the Konohagakure as a whole." The first remark after her name seems to be somewhat targeting towards Akihito, it is right of her to see herself as a superior member of the Uchiha clan due to the pureness of her blood and dojutsu. "I have come to this lesson to help me to find out what it is I want to do as a shinobi and for the rest of my life. I cannot lie, the ANBU may not be for me, though this is why I have decided to come." She nods slightly, but this is a respectful gesture to their proctor. "I prefer to weigh all of my options before committing to anything in particular and I hope that the ANBU branch can appreciate me saying this. I come to this class with nothing but respect and curiosity. I plan to take this class very seriously because of its nature and because it will help me in considering what my future will entail."

Miyako inhales sharply after introducing herself, it is one of the things that she dislikes most about classes. Holding high hopes for herself, she dreams that one day she'll be so well known that she'll never have to introduce herself again. She has thought about the question that she'll answer and quickly prepares herself to do so.

Her hands clasp together and she lifts her chin slightly before beginning to speak to her fellow classmates and their superior. "The question that I have chosen to answer is What is the primary function of the ANBU branch? This question is self explanatory in a way, though I believe that the ANBU provide more than what their title states states. The primary function of the ANBU is to complete tasks of a large variety that not only help the Hokage, but also work in favor of the benefit of the village as a whole. A member of the ANBU must put the village before everything, including themselves. Without the ANBU, many of us would be forced to live in fear and danger of what could be coming for us in the night. While not everyone knows about the inner workings of the ANBU branch, everyone knows that they exist and that they thrive to protect the well being of shinobi and citizens alike." After confidently answering the question, she lifts her chin a bit higher and offers a small grin.

Miyako sits back down and places her hands back in their original position on her desk. She feels as though her answer was sufficient and not too obligatory to her status as a shinobi. From this point on, she awaits the answers of the other students and also the response from the silent proctor that watches over them so ominously. Was every member of the ANBU this quiet and so serious all the time? Were they even allowed to have private lives outside of being members of this oh so prestigious and dark branch?

[1188/1500]

Arashi Takejo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Arashi was feeling equal parts uneasy and equal parts excited for what was to come. He took his seat among the middle rows of the class, not wanting to be too forward or left too behind. As he was acting as if he was discovering hidden species of animals in the classroom, He was joined by a blond haired boy with almost feminine features followed by a light-brown haired short boy and finally a dark haired girl. That seemed to be all the attendants of the class. A little less than Arashi had hoped but maybe students prefered main branch and medical classes more, he deduced absentmindedly. As everyone settled down in their places, the seated ANBU glanced over them once and then finally proceeded to address the class. The way in which the teacher interacted seemed very queer to Arashi, who had never attended anything like this before. Perhaps this was a normal thing in special classes. They were clearly instructed to introduce themselves and asked to answer any one of the four questions related to the ANBU branch put in front of them. The teacher implied that some of them might just have come to have fun, but that seemed very unlikely to Arashi.

Arashi wanted to go first, but he was stuck on which question he wanted to anwer. Before he could deliberate further, the short brown haired boy spoke up with confidence, systematically addressing all the required points and reflecting passion and determination with each line. As the boy was speaking, Arashi decided that being hasty wouldn’t be useful here as he was apparently the newest student among the lot. He wanted to wait for one more student to speak before he introduced himself. Side by side he had already decided which question he wanted to answer, hoping it would not be taken by the time his chance came. After the boy, who introduced himself as Akihito, finished the girl in the kimono stood up and started the introduction and answering ritual. Thankfully she did not choose the question Arashi wanted. Arashi marvelled a little when she revealed that she was a full blooded Uchiha, the famous Konoha clan with one of the strongest eye techniques. Of course he had just read about it, but would have loved to see it once. After Miyako, as she had introduced herself, sat down, Arashi proceeded to gather his wits and stand up and get the prerequisites over and done with. He had his words ready;

The name’s Arashi Takejo. I am new Academy student in my first week here. As to why I am here, my answer is pretty simple. I want to become strong. I don’t come from any famous clan or have high profile acquaintances. I never knew my real parents and my adoptive parents were killed by unknown assassins. I was helpless back then, but the people of Konoha took me and my brother in. Naturally I feel a debt towards this village. But that is not the only reason. As Akihito mentioned before me, this is an ugly world and I want to ensure, what happened to me does not happen to anyone. From what little I know about the ANBU, they are willing to do anything and cross lines others will not to ensure that the village is unharmed. I am a believer in this and despite perhaps not being ready for this, I wanted to come here and see for myself.”

Pausing a bit, and doing a final revision on his answer for the question, he finally felt a bit at ease while speaking;

I would like to answer the question regarding ANBU’s role beyond the borders of the village. As I said before I am not well versed with the true mannerisms within the ANBU but the following is what I can deduce from an outsider’s perspective. They conduct high risk operations in enemy territory, which cannot be executed by anyone else. They also carry out long distance intelligence gathering operations, venturing extremely close enemy assets and intercepting crucial correspondence in times of emergencies. ANBU sometimes eliminate threats such as very powerful rogue ninjas and ferocious criminals before they can negatively affect the village, sometimes even preemptively. This ensure safety and stability in the long run. Creating disruptions on foreign soil, tracking fugitives and assassinating high value targets are also among some of their many duties. Outsiders often scrutinise the clandestine and mysterious nature of many ANBU operations, but I believe that without their intervention in external matters, the village would not be able to function internally.”

Arashi finished his speech with a slight bow and sat back down. His heart was throbbing but he felt that he hadn’t done too badly for his first introduction. But of course, the teacher would be the final judge of it.

TWC = 1442/1500

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Izumi was one of the first in the room... But they were a few more coming inside. After a slow moment, he started to tilt his head a little. He was listening to every sound, every detail he was watching. That was until he knew the area around him as he slowly started to focus down more on the people.
The two entering behind him seemed like anything but fun... Both look like they had a bee in their sandwich this morning.

After they were all inside he heard the Reaper starting to speak. To answer four questions... and get to know people... But there was one part that he was rather worried about. The speak up part. He didn't speak a single word. He began to think which question he was going to answer, how he was going to answer... But before he could stand up or raise his hand the first started to stand up.
He started to listen first towards Yozora Akihito... Then he started to listen towards the female in the group... Miyako Uchiha... An Uchiha... he had heard a whole lot... but he never met one at least that was his thought. He took a better look at her before tilting his head and look back towards their teacher.
The second last started to speak and he started to listen. Saving up the information and placing slowly his thumb and index finger around his chin. He started to think how he was going to introduce him and the question he had. He was thinking about it all and thought soon that they probably didn't know his language... So a soft sigh left him as it was now his turn.

Izumi stood up and would first bow towards the person up front and make the sorry sign in the mute language. He then would introduce him in multiple ways. First, he started to sign. Hello, my name is Izumi Delia. I am 14 years old and lives with... That was when he looked at everyone and figured not everyone was actually knowing it... It made him switch towards his papers. He started to write it down, write down everything and eventually also sign in his language but not lessening in speed or anything. Since he showed all the papers now also. He would hold the paper in front of him and write big enough to read from across the room, however, they were all capital letters to make sure it was readable. The paper would read:
Hello, I am Izumi Delia. I am a mute. After that he would write on another page, it would take a small while but at least he knew now that everyone was going to know it.
I am 14 years old and live with my father in a small house. I am born in the sands and grew up here in the leaf as long as I remember. I do not have a mother. The reason I want to learn more about the ANBU is I want to become one. I want to help them out as they have done for centuries and centuries to come. I want to make a part out of the interrogation and scouting ANBU. That is my aim. When he was done he would sign it before picking up his book and write nice and quick. His handwriting wasn't that of the most males. It wasn't all sloppy or unreadable, he was readable and neat as he had to write this much each day.
Regarding the last question, what does the ANBU do behind closed doors. Is a rather odd question to ask. It can be answered on multiple levels. Closed doors as in behind the organization, which is one I cannot answer as I ain't-a ANBU. What you also could mean is Closed doors on personal life, who is behind the mask living, which the ANBU personals do not give away rather quick. On the other note, it could the general knowledge about the ANBU. The behind doors Interrogations, info gathering, learning, assassinate and infiltrations.
He paused for a moment to wave his hand, all this writing did cramp up his hand a little. When he had written it he faced the class before writing one more thing. I do hope this answered the question correctly if it didn't do that please ask me in a different format. He then would take a bow and sit down again. Now that he was finally seated he could feel his hands tremble a little... He hated this as it often placed him in a center, how he only hoped he hadn't done that. Now that he thought about it... he hoped they thought he was a male, not a female.

WC: 1228/1500

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi used this exercise to see how many of the students had actually been paying attention in class as he allowed himself a few seconds it was easy to see that they had done a bit of research, but now would be taking this lesson in a circle as he allowed himself to place four cups of water on the desk in front of the students, each one represented something different, and each one had a different meaning. As he looked at the students he allowed a smile to come under his mask for a few seconds as he glanced at them.

“Two of these contain poison, two are water, the task here is first of all not to drink the poisoned one, the next question is how will you help the one that does drink the poison, and what kind of poison is it, is it a truth serum, or is it something that causes pain to echo threw their body well that will be down to you lot to figure out, now lets see what happens next, welcome to the ANBU truth is always disguised as plain things like this water being one of them, what will you all do when facing this challenge?”

Takeshi went back and sat in the chair, it seemed that he had planned on changing this straight away and it seemed that the cute visage of a normal lessons was already gone and the reality of what the branch was for had come to light, the question would be how would four students rise to this task and what would be the outcome of this, he had already given them a hint about what each of the cups contained the question is what would they do in this situation and how would they get around this. He leaned back in his seat and decided to see what their actions would be in the next few moments.

[WTC:1,179/1,500]

Tomomi Chijimatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In all honesty, Miyako had somewhat expected this. The ANBU, from her opinion is an organization where you had to expect the unexpected. This wasn't her style, however. She needed a more traditional means of explanation in the missions that she was going to accomplish. Miyako is a person that needs to know what's going on before she partakes in something. She may not seem so traditional or formal, though she's less likely to be able to complete a mission without knowing the full requirements or information. In hearing about previous missions completed by members of the ANBU, it has been her premonition that she'll never be able to go through with the missions that the ANBU will want her to. With that being said, none of her holds will be barred in this class due to the fear of failure.

Miyako stands and approaches the front of the room, willing to take the first drink of water or poison even. She’s never been poisoned and has no idea what to do if someone is poisoned so she somewhat hopes that she gets one of the drugged waters, not wanting to fail her classmates. She sighs and looks at Reaper’s mask for a moment before reaching forward and wrapping her hand around one of the glasses. She does not inspect the water, but instead brings it to her lips and tilts her head back, downing it in its entirety. She waits to see what happens, anticipating the worst and hoping that her classmates will know what to do if she’s been poisoned.

[1450/1500]

Arashi Takejo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Arashi sat down after finishing his introduction, the last boy stood up and started introducing himself in signs. Arashi would not have caught onto it if he hadn’t come across people using the sign language in the past, but he had seen it once in the past. To the boy’s credit he also started writing on a sheet of paper for the benefit of those who weren’t familiar with it. As he finished with a bow and sat down, Arashi had to wonder whether he was a boy with feminine features or vice versa. Letting go of such thoughts he refocused on the ANBU present in front of them, as the teacher started to do something. Arashi held his breath and waited as he knew that, if this was the first test, it would be a tricky one. Not really a surprise when they warned all students to expect the unexpected and the fact that an ANBU member was the one giving the test. Soon enough the teacher was done, and there were four cups on the front desk of the class. Wait what?... Arashi took only a second to process what they were going to have to do.The teacher explained that two of the cups contained poison and other two of them contained plain water. Sure enough their task was to firstly avoid drinking a poisoned cup, easier said than done, help the people who ingested poison by any means and finally figure out what kind of poison it was.

Clearly Arashi had not given enough credit to the ANBU. He should have seen something like this coming a mile off when he decided to attend this class. But it wasn’t an impossible task or at least he hoped so. Surely the teacher wouldn’t bluff about something so serious...would he? Could the teacher have given some kind of indications as to which cups were poisoned? He rummaged through the exact words the ANBU had used. The ones who get the plain water would perhaps be the unlucky ones or would they? The other two would be saved surely.. Would they not? But how would you choose to save them? Would the poisons be lethal, or could they actually be a truth serum or a pain stimulant? Making them vomit would be the first thing to do and after that either an antidote or medical ninjutsu would be needed. He looked around once and hoped that some of the others knew some medical ninjutsu or had spare antidotes because he did not. As these questions began to swirl in his head, he saw Miyako approach the table. She picked up one of the glasses and gulped down the contents without even inspecting it further. Of Course that was the easy way out of this. Perhaps the only thing left to do was to drink out of one of the cups? Arashi stood up and approached the table. Nothing would come out of just sitting and thinking further. He really didn’t know what to hope for. Getting drugged wouldn’t be fun but standing around helplessly and not being able to help anybody would be a nightmare. He picked up a glass, checked its contents for any discoloration or strange odors. There were none, so he drank it up in one go. He had rolled the dice and now the only thing left to do was to wait.

TWC = 2017/1500

Yozora Akihito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Having introduced himself first Akihito listened to the other's introductions. The first to go after him was the Uchiha girl he had seen back in the clan meeting. It seemed her name was Uchiha Miyako. Huh, just like mom. Akihito was also incapable of missing the emphasis she put on being full blooded and the slight disdain towards him. He couldn't help feeling anger towards her. Nothing, like mom. Pathetic, she can't even see past her own prejudice. After his fellow clan member finished and sat down the next introduction started. A dark haired boy around his age stood up and spoke about himself. Losing so much of his family like that... It makes me fear for my own. I will never allow such a thing to happen to them. The boy answered sensei's question and thus it was time for the last one to go. He was the most intriguing of the lot. Being ridiculously effeminate already made him distictive but then he started using his hands to sign and, having noticed that we didn't really understand it, switched to writing too. A mute shinobi? And with such wishes for his future... It must take a lot of determination. With newfound respect for the boy, Akihito finished reading his introduction and his answer. The introductions were done past that point, so they just had to wait for the teacher to give them their assignment.

It did not take long and soon the enigma was posed. It seemed like a perfectly acceptable assignment for shinobi in training but Akihito could only think of one thing. Why. Why. Why. Just why. Will every teacher in this village attempt to poison me? Is this going to become a recurring theme everytime I come to a class? I bet he knows Tsukasa-sensei.
This all sounds like an enormously elaborate joke.
Akihito took a deep breath to calm down and started thinking about the exercise. Two poison and two water. And only if we can trust the information provided by the teacher. I'm not falling for that again, there might be a hidden meaning behind it. They might even be all poisoned and sensei just wants to see if we all poison ourselves...
While he was thinking, Miyako got up, walked to the table and downed one of the glasses. WHAT?! Is she insane? She must just be completely crazy... It is the quickest way to find out but also the riskiest.
He had barely come back to his senses after seeing her drink contents of the glass when the second boy, Arashi, walked to the table. He seemed more cautious, going as far as checking the liquid for anything suspicious but then he too downed it. I... what? Are they really going to? Dammit, you're all reckless.
With the other two having acted, Akihito had to decide what he was going to do. Drinking ti would be foolish. If they're all poison and the three of us end up disabled then poor Izumi would have to deal with finding a cure for us... With that, Akihito decided to stand back and watch, hoping secretly that Miyako had downed a truth serum. It would be fun to get some answers out of her. Damn bigots. Still, if need be I can probably treat them. The sharingan could also be useful in order to notice any minute changes in them. With that Akihito turned on his sharingan and put his hand over the antidote he carried in his pocket. Heh, I'm not getting caught unawares again, not after Tsukasa-sensei's class.

WC=1529/1500

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Izumi had introduced himself and felt his heart race in his throat. He was looking to one to another. He was huffing a little and looking from one to another... Until he heard the teacher speak. That was when his direction was turning to him. His face turned a little shocked as he heard it... His mind directly started to calculate everything that had been said. He was directly watching the glasses and bit down on his lip. He saw them starting to stand up and walk towards, yet he remained seated.

His face took a rather even more surprised when he saw them gulp it down, slowly he facepalmed himself. Soon he started to write down the words Takeshi. He wrote every single one down and started to circle a few... and think outside the box. Slowly he got a grin on his face.
Two of these contain poison, two are water, the task here is first of all not to drink the poisoned one, the next question is how will you help the one that does drink the poison, and what kind of poison is it, is it a truth serum, or is it something that causes pain to echo threw their body well that will be down to you lot to figure out, now let's see what happens next, welcome to the ANBU truth is always disguised as plain things like this water being one of them, what will you all do when facing this challenge?

He jumped from his seat with a smirk on his face and wrote an even sloppier note and showed everyone. There was no need to drink the actual cups, he never said we had to actually drink it. Besides, he never said to down a mug... Neither a time limit to drink it. So, If one of us tasted the mug... nothing had happened... then we all could have drunk that one... Either we took the water or the truth serum...' He wrote and showed it. He looked towards the teacher also. The words of the teacher were all above it also, the more thicken out words were there as he was taking up hints and careful thinking. I do not need to drink any of this, he only needs to know which ones are poison. How we deal with it and what kind it is. If none of us drank it... we are saved.

WC: 1632/1500

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed a small sign of annoyance to flash across his lips though it was under the mask and no-one else would have been able to see it, as he looked at the two students that were standing in front of him and then the two that had refused to stand up since the lesson had started, it was clear that some of them where using their brain others using their brawn, he allowed himself to sigh slightly as he leaned back into his chair before deciding to speak making sure that the words were clear and true as he didn’t want the students to miss the lesson here.

“Between the four of you, two of you drank from two different cups and two of you didn’t drink at all. I told you that each of you must drink from at least one cup, so that would have been fine, but can anyone explain to me why none of you thought that in this situation team work would have been good? Instead of jumping head in, instead of risking it all straight away why didn’t you discuss it and come up with a plan. I never said you had to stand in silence either, I am just wondering how you got from point A to point B.”

Takeshi allowed himself to pause as he didn’t even mention if any of them had been poisoned or not he just wanted to see what the logic behind their decision was any why they didn’t work as a team, it was kind of weird even by his standards that no-one helped each other out. Takeshi waited for a reply from each of them as he then posed a second question for them to answer it was clear that he wanted to have a conversation a questioning if you will.

“Secondly, why did no-one try and work out which one was poison and not, I mean let’s face it we have some Uchiha here. The eyes would have helped, there are lots of ways to detect poison but lets be honest here why did none of you try and figure this out first?”

[TWC: 1,538/1,500]

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Izumi was watching slowly the ground as he listened to the teacher... He felt like he was the blame as he couldn't yell or speak. He had written at first and then showed it the others. He watched his own scribbles and slowly looked towards everyone else... He placed the notebook below his armpit and clamped it with his arm. The next moment he made the deaf sign for sorry. He made a circular motion in front of his chest with a fist and thumb up on top. He said sorry and just clamped the notebook in front of his chest again.
Izumi was a little conflicted... Did he really told that they had to drink..? But when... was it that he had missed that line? He started to try and recall but the more he tried to more he ended up being puzzled. A little sigh left the male once more as he started to turn his head towards the classmates and keep a close watch on the others to see if there was anyone poisoned.

He started to think, now that he thought about it more he hardly knew about Uchiha's and their abilities... He knew about the 'copy' kind... but that was basically all he knew about... He started to look at them and wondered what he could do with his own ability... He knew he was a Hawkeye... but... He didn't really know who what or where...

Slowly he went towards one of the persons who had to drink the glass... He would write down in front of him if it was okay to check the temperature by hand... as he was rather worried about the other, unsure about what they had drunk...

1919/1500

Arashi Takejo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Arashi downed the contents of the cup, second thoughts started to cloud his mind almost immediately. Could he have done something differently? Maybe yes, maybe no. As they say, hindsight is a great thing. A small bead of sweat formed on his forehead as he waited for the consequences of his gamble to kick in. Looking back for a moment, he noticed that the other two boys were apparently reluctant to do what he had done. That was probably the right thing to do and he hoped they could handle the situation if things went out of hand. Izumi was holding up something he had written up. It was what the teacher had instructed them to do. He had also highlighted some of the words which put together formed some kind of hint. It was something which had crossed his mind earlier, but he hadn’t paid it much heed. They were technically not required to drink from the cup, so maybe they only needed to figure out which cups were drugged. But when he saw Miyako drink from a cup, he ignored the notion. Maybe they should have discussed or at least asked the teacher whether they compulsorily needed to drink. Maybe only one of them drinking could have been better. But it was too late as it was. He tried to keep his cool as time seemed to slow down for some season.

Before he felt anything happen to him, The teacher spoke up. There was a hint of frustration and annoyance in the voice. As if the ANBU had read his mind, he correctly pointed out the lack of teamwork between the students. Thinking back on it there was nothing to refute. Perhaps Izumi was the only one who thought about it and tried to warn the others, but then again perhaps all of them were to blame, including him. Another thing pointed out by the teacher that none of them tried to really figure out which were the poisoned cups. Again it was hard to argue against this. Arashi really thought about kicking himself for not examining the cups more closely. But could they realistically have done much better? Given the conditions almost everyone had probably over thought the situation. If they were asked again, maybe everyone would choose to do things differently. But then again he had already drunk from his cup and all he could really do was to wait for the consequences.

TWC = 2426/1500

Yozora Akihito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akihito felt shame course through him. He never liked failing, and in front of an ANBU... He had not even noticed his teacher telling them they HAD to drink... Wait... Did he even? He was sure they were not obligated to do it and he didn't believe his memory to be so faulty. With those thoughts, irritation started to fill his mind. How was he even supposed to do the teamwork his teacher apparently wanted them to do?! And scolding him for not doing something he DID do? Akihito took a deep breath in order to calm himself and stop his temper from flaring. It wouldn't do to lose composure and do something he would end up regreting. With his nerves a bit more settled he decided to speak.

"I will start by apologizing for not drinking from any of the cups, sir. But I am not sure that you made it explicit within the conditions for the exercise that we were actually forced to drink. Just that we had to find out wich ones were poisoned or not. Besides, drinking any of the glasses would have been foolish. We're in a shinobi village, deception is the basis of all we do and lies are woven inbetween the truth. If you did not lie, then we have a 50% chance of beign poisoned, which is not good enough to bet your life on in a real situation, and if you lied and they are actually all poison then no one would be left to try and counteract it." Akihito took a small pause in order to think of what he was going to say. He was, after all, contradicting a member of the ANBU.
"About how none of us tried to identify the poison. I am not sure if you have looked at my eyes or if they were covered somehow, but" Akihito angled his face to be looking straight at the ANBU, revealing his tomoe-ed red eyes. "I had my sharingan active. Apart from that I always carry an antidote with me due to a previous incident and thus was preparing to use it in case it was necessary. I would, after all, be unable to stop my classmates from actually drinking as they rushed ahead."

His point made, Akihito stood, awaiting his teacher's response. He might have gone a bit too far, but he disliked being reprehended for what he had not done.

WC=1922/1500

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to stand up as he looked at the four students, he allowed himself to take a sigh in as he looked to each of them letting his gaze linger a moment, he made sure that the students felt it each second that passed by, the school bell rung loud as it echoed threw the corridors seeing that they had finished the lesson Takeshi brought himself up to his full height as he allowed himself to glare at them, a slight burning feeling of anger crawled threw his veins as he tried to apprehend what was happening with the four of them.

“It seemed that today is over, it seemed that you have got a lot to learn about the future and what people holds for you. Though this is the footstep to the beginning of your life, I want each of you to consider what you did today, would you have done it differently, what would you have changed and if you could look back at it why did you pick the actions you did today. Now a few of you have let me down but a few of you show some promise. So, let me spell out the situation and make you see the errors of your ways.”

Takeshi allowed himself to drink form the last two cups as he downed the liquids he knew straight away that nothing bad would happen, for a split second he considered how it would look to the students but didn’t worry about those actions. He allowed himself to put the drained glasses down on the table it seemed that all four of them had been drained as he looked for a few seconds, pondering in that split second, he decided to explain the situation and ponder what to say to them.

“Two of you did ok, considering what you would do before taking a drink, this was good, the other two leaping before looking is a quality that can be admired but this wasn’t the solution for today, think about it, though all four-contained water, we could actually only be two students left in this room. So, it looks like there is improvement that needs to be done but fear not I have a resolution for you lot today, if you want to prove yourselves think about how to improve and come to the next ANBU lesson prepared, it will be hard, and it will be dark. You will see the true potential that the branch holds, and it will open your eyes. Now that is done this class is dismissed, think on what you did today each of you”

Takeshi allowed himself to walk out of the door leaving the offer of coming to the next class to prove himself, standing at the door he turned and face Izumi and Akihito. Nodding slightly to show that they had less to learn than the other two he walked out without saying anything else ending their lesson in that split second.

[TWC: 1,682/1,500]
[OOC: Rewards have been requested from myself, please do one final post to his the required 5 limit]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back