Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Tutor] Tenken, navigation

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Silent stumbles were coming from the room where this white-haired male was staying. His bedroom was still dark but the window was open, Nao had taken a trip towards the roof where he sat there. His clothing typical just as he had gotten out of bed, a shirt that was just 1 size too big and sweatpants. Once he had situated himself on his behind on the roof tiles. He wasn't wearing any shoes or socks regarding so that he was more silent and kept his grip on everything. He did wave to the guards before they would check him out and disturb the peace he had right now at the moment. He just wanted to take it easy waking up with a smoke and a coffee... With a simple hand sign he summoned his contract and even he was still in the waking up the mood. "Hmm..?" With that, they started to chatter and do going over things together.

Nao eventually turned his head towards the east and saw that dawn had broken through. The sky in the opposite direction was still dark and looming, but in the eat, a mixture of yellow and orange on the horizon beneath a dark neon blue ocean of night had begun to evaporate. Against the tri-colored rainbow sky, trees and rooftops of houses were looking like shadows. Roughly twenty minutes later, the sunrise had become even more astounding and beautiful as the sun peeked over the horizon. The sky was now painted with pink like the sea of cotton candy, the light of the sun coloring the clouds above with a pinkish hue... As the sun slowly ascended, the sky in the west became a deep neon blue as the light reached further out. By the time Nao started to get back inside again the pink had become a pale yellow mixed with the color blue. "This... was one of the most... beautiful one sunrises I have seen before.." "Be glad so far no one gave you a full moon." "Urf..."

Nao then started to jump off the building and go towards the spot they had talked through, once he was there he started to turn his head left and right, seemed like it was indeed peak season. He gave here often many pieces of training to others and he and his summon also had made sure that there was no one near, to tell the truth, Sai often had to fight one-off but he had been glad about it.

Once he finally was at the destination he would be around the gates waiting on the other to come and show up.

OOC said:
Nao is blue speech, Sai is yellowish speech

You have 5 OOC days to respond, failing to do so will result in a 1 out of 2 strikes. By two strikers you failed this tutor. If you cannot make this 5-day thing, tell me I can suspend the timer one time.

This is a tutor for Bones

1/5
440 / 1500

Tenken

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Can’t be late on the first day!

That thought flitted through Tenken’s head as she rushed through her morning ablutions, the window behind her slowly shifting from pitch black to a gentle glow as the sun slowly rose. A hot shower with a cold shampoo and conditioning of her hair started things off, followed by the exfoliators and moisturizers for her face and hand. As the mask set she went to work on her hair, getting it just the right volume and shape before peeling off the mask and tossing it in the bin. Some work with the tweezers left all of the odd hair below her scalp dealt with, and then came the teeth.

Whitening agent and a good brush was all needed there, then gargling the mouthwash and spitting it out before getting onto the makeup. The window showed that the sun had finally crested outside, which meant she had gotten her morning routine down to a mere 90 minutes. Not bad, but she could do better. She shrugs into her outfit for the day – A snug fitting t-shirt under a loose fitting white jacket, with slightly baggy black jeans and her white sneakers.

Popping the headphones over her ears, the sound of drum and bass flowed into her as she began dodging through the crowds to reach the appointed spot. It wouldn’t do to be late to a meeting with a Sennin!

Tenken arrives just before the scheduled time, slightly out of breath and almost forgetting to take her headphones off before bowing to her instructor on this day.

”Nanashi Tenken reporting for training, sir!”

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was just after he placed a new smoke between his lips that this person finally started to show up. "Ah-." He looked towards... it... "Nice to see you around, Tenken if I say correctly." He would look towards her. "First a disclaimer... You will be placed under a genjutsu, this is a safe one and very basic, but it does help out with this class as I cannot do things overnight..." With or without her content Nao would command his contract to target them both with a single jutsu, false surrounding.

"Alright... I will be teaching you a thing or two then." He said and rubbed his hands together. "We have lots of different stars, for example, these. Cassiopeia... Auriga... Delphinus... Andromeda... Deneb.. and I will learn you guys how to find the Milky Way. This is basic knowledge before I can teach you guys how to find your way home... So this is what you do for each one..." He let a small pause drop before he went further.

"The stars... they can act as our lampposts... All we need to do is find a star that is directly above the place that we need to go... For an example of a quarter of the globe away. If you signaled a friend that is in another country... and you asked them to find that star in the night sky and the point on the horizon directly below... that would be their exact direction from you at the moment... Unfortunately, in a few minutes, that star would have been moved so you would need a new one... This would take a lot of naming and communicate... Luckily, there is one star in the sky that does not move. This star is called Polaris, or the North Star. The easiest method for finding the North Star is by finding the ‘Plough’, an easy to identify group of seven stars. It is known as the ‘Big Dipper’ to the Americans and the ‘saucepan’ to many others. Next, you find the ‘pointer’ stars, these are the two stars that a liquid would run off if you tipped up your ‘saucepan’. The North Star will always be five times the distance between these two pointers in the direction that they point, up away from the pan, True north lies directly under this star. The ‘Plough’ rotates anti-clockwise about the North Star, so it will sometimes appear on its side or even upside down. However, its relationship with the North Star never changes and it will always dependably point the way to it.

The reason the North Star is so important for natural navigation is that it sits directly over the North Pole. Something that people often forget is that whenever you are trying to find true north, you are actually trying to find the direction of the North Pole from wherever you are – even if you are only heading a few hundred meters on a gentle walk – ‘north’ is still just an abbreviation for ‘towards the North Pole’.

The constellation, Cassiopeia, is also very helpful in finding the North Star as it will always be on the opposite side of the North Star from the Plough and therefore often high in the sky when the Plough is low or obscured.
Having found the North Star, there is something about its height above the horizon that is well worth knowing. Wherever you are in the northern hemisphere, the North Star will be the same angle above the horizon as your latitude. This can be measured accurately using a sextant, but an estimate can be made using an outstretched fist. We are all different shapes and sizes, but we share proportions. An outstretched fist makes an angle of close to 10 degrees for most people. In under a minute and with just your bare hands you can now find north and estimate your latitude.

The constellation, Orion, rises in the east and sets in the west. Orion’s belt, the only three bright stars that form a short straight line in the whole night sky rise very close to due east and set very close to due west. If you want to be really accurate then the first star in the belt to rise and set, called Mintaka, will always rise and set within one degree of true east and west wherever you are in the world."

He had explained so much, his Kami only showed how these stars would look without having shown them in the sky... This would be their next test. "Any more questions after this waterfall of talking?" He asked politely and had to light his smoke as that went out. "If you want to, summary it."

OOC said:
2/5
1.225 / 1500

Tenken

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tenken took a moment to catch her breath as the instructor, one of the Sennin no less, greeted her. ”It’s…good..to be seen as well! Means I’m around!” Her smile was a bubbly thing, full of hope and dreams. As if she hadn’t seen first hand the pain that comes from being a ninja. As Nao mentions a genjutsu, Tenken tries to speak up to ask which one but the Sennin had already put her under it. Everything around her would vanish and shift, changing into a different environment altogether.

Tenken knew this jutsu! False Surroundings was one of the things she’d learned in the Academy. And while she definitely hadn’t mastered it, even if she had she doubted that she could ever attain this level of skill with the jutsu. If Nao hadn’t warned her beforehand she never would have realized what was going on, even with the warning her mind almost refused to believe what was happening. Truly astounding, what a Sennin was capable of.

dnote.gif

As the other suddenly goes into a villain worthy monologue about stars, Tenken whips out a notepad and begins to take notes. There was a lot to take in here, and she wanted to be entirely certain she didn’t miss a single thing of it so she could go back later to study over it. Navigation was truly important to an ANBU, who had to worry about work outside of the village more than the other branches. And if you had to go, say, to Sunagakure to find out something; well it would be a horrible experience getting there if you set out walking east into the ocean instead of west into the desert wouldn’t it?

It was an info dump unlike any the poor girl had ever been given. In the Academy there were pauses for students to ask questions or for the slower writers to take notes. There was no such thing here, indeed Nao seemed to not even need to breathe as he went on and on about the important stars. And the Milky Way. And something called American but that was something Tenken had no idea about, and even wrote it down as A-mare-ee-cahn. The information about the Plough was informative but also a bit confusing, something she would need to reread a few times before understanding its relationship to the rest of the sky.

But the north star was something she was very familiar with! She had so much merchandise about that celestial body’s fist after all! Still, this did seem different, not a manga but an actual star in the sky. Tenken dutifully writes it down, knowing full well that if you knew North you could find the other directions with extreme ease. As he talks, Tenken looks up and suddenly realizes the stars are being shown in the sky above, leading to the AiT giving a flurry of drawing as she flips to a new page to draw the constellations pointed out as well. Studying was nothing new, but this endless ocean of words was beginning to drone as suddenly the other stopped.

And asked if Tenken wanted a summary after admitting that the lesson had been quite the brick wall of words. Tenken looks down at her notes and thinks for a moment. ”I understand finding direction easily enough, I think. And that Polaris looks to be extremely bright compared to the other stars you’ve pointed out to me. But this only tells me North and, by association, the other directions. What if I don’t know where I am at all and need to know if I’m north or south of my target? I’ve read about sailors using the stars to tell where they are on the planet without needing to consult someone else in the world. And I mean, yeah we have technology that makes that pretty useless nowadays but it would be an awesome skill to learn don’t you think?!” Her bubbliness was pouring out as she thought about all of the ways to use that kind of skill.

”Is that something I can learn here?” In her excitement she forgot who she was talking to even, her hands going to Nao’s shoulders as she bounced giddily at the prospect.

(Two posts, 974 words total)

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He already knew... she hadn't been listening as he had already told her to find the north side... He would smile softly yet in the back of his mind he was a little annoyed. "So... First of all, if you wrote my words down you would have written down how to find the north star, practicing you just need a glance in the sky and you can already find this. but...That skill I was trying to teach you here..." He answered rather blunt on that as he crossed his arms. "This method is easily used on both land and sea... The only difference is, which could make it harder. Is the fact that you are the moving object and not just the sky."

It was just moments later that he had a jumpy person around his shoulders and he wasn't really too keen on it. He would pick their wrists and gently guide them from his shoulders as he looked a bit down on her, him or it. "What I am trying to teach you is, learning to read those stars... Because technologies are great and all that... But they break way to easily... Do you have any on you..?" After hearing their answer he found it a bit sad... He would have roasted the thing just to prove a point here. "BUt did you know we still have a lot of 'blackout spots' meaning that at some parts there is no signal at all and they still would have to go over the manuals?" He would then wait for that answer as he would continue.

"Alright... Moving on. From that waterfall earlier I mentioned how to find certain directions. Now under this genjutsu you see it is nighttime with stars. While doing this... Can you find the stars I mentioned earlier?"

ooc said:
3/5
1.528 / 1500

Tenken

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tenken could hear the irritation as Nao went into a small diatribe about the same things he’d already gone over, leaving Tenken fidgeting uncomfortably for a moment before finally blurting out something. “Sensei! I understand that part. I meant finding your exact position on the planet.” She flips a page and hurriedly scribbles a map showing a large dot labeled ‘Konoha’ with a smaller dot just north of it, and a triangle north and west. “I’m the triangle. And I think I’m the dot. If I just find that star and turn around from it and head south, I won’t hit Konoha even though I’m heading south. I was curious about finding out I am the triangle and not the dot.”

She smiles sheepishly after explaining herself, then shakes her head at the question about having a device on her. GPS stuff was expensive, usually reserved for military use she figured. Not like she could carry a small device in her pocket that did that and, say, called people or sent them small messages or let her look at pictures of cats. That would be fun though. Maybe one day.

“Yes, we do have spots where technology doesn’t work, I was asking about how to do the tracking without it.” She didn’t like repeating herself but apparently he just wasn’t getting her question. And then he gave her a task, which was all well and good but he still hadn’t answered her!

Tenken hides a huff as she flips back to the drawings she’d been making and begins comparing to the sky overhead. If the stars were there, she had a good idea of what they looked like and, should they be visible she would begin pointing out each one in turn to Nao. She just had to hope there wasn’t any trickery going on with the genjutsu that would render them hidden or toss them below the horizon line.

She was getting a tingling feeling in her mind that this Sennin would probably do that just to try to prove a point.

OOC said:
3 posts
1317 words
Letting you as the moderator determine if she finds them or not.

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"A-h... that way." He would tilt his head and look towards the other. "Through pilotage, reaching charts, dead reckoning and navigating with a compass... For example with pilotage, you navigate through visual landmarks. For example the giant ass tree in the middle of Leaf... The other is to use charts. This actually is a nice pair with pilotage. It's reading the landmarks and symbols and correspond to them in the real life. " He was hoping at this point he hit the nail. To tell the truth, he didn't think this person would ask that far advanced in a second. "when it's night time... Piloting and charts don't help you much, that's where dead reckoning comes in. Mastering the speed, time, and distances for example."

"Probably the easiest one... would be the use of a compass in a combination with a chart. This is really far ahead of your own can do already you know that?"
He asked and tilted his head. Then again he didn't know exactly how old the other was. Just it was a genin.

As they went over the stars he would nod, approving them all. "Yup, those are right. I guess to answer your question before... Is to have landmarks, visible ones you can have on a map, a compass with you at all times, and master the dead reckoning... After all, all those techniques together make it so you can easily find where you are in the world. However... in a battle, you won't have much use for it." He started to scratch the back of his neck as he found it rather awkward that he didn't have a direct answer to it at first.
ooc said:
4/5
1.808 / 1500

Tenken

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tenken watches it dawn on his face what she meant, doing her best to hide the giggle she felt coming on and happy she managed to do so. And then the explanation that came out involved a lot of words, true, but no explanation. She was beginning to the Sennin didn’t actually know…which was fine. No one knew everything. But knowledge meant power, and power meant she could help people.

Tenken simply writes down what is being said verbatim however, even as she finished pointing out the stars that were requested. Nao seemed pleased by that part at least, and kept on about landmarks which…. Were not useful at sea. Then again Tenken had no desire to be a water living person like that. So she simply finishes her notes and slides the pencil into the spiral rings binding the pages together.

”I’m happy to meet expectations.” Her smile was genuine, and bright. ”And no, not in a battle. More for if I get sent to another area for a mission, it would be good to make sure I don’t lose the location. But I’m still happy to learn about all those stars! You know a lot about the constellations.”

It a leading statement, meant to incite more conversation from the other. Tenken had dreams as a member of this village, dreams that would require friends in high places. And she would be pleasant, and friendly, and try to make those friends so she could meet those dreams. She owed Tsu that much and so much more.

ooc said:
4 posts
1574 WC

Sazuki Nao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He had been pretty sure he gave the other things in combination to use them to go where you needed to go, but seeing this wasn't the answer was where the other had been looking for. " You know a lot about the constellations."
Nao was a bit surprised by their words and now that he thought about it... he surely did. "Once I was a medical chief, I never was called to work or help out the byion... so I was always around the medical herbal gardens. Got many plants there now, known for us and unknown to others. We work on more versions there now, crossbreeds everything and the things are amazing. But... I never had a regular schedule, just slept when tired, eat when hungry... and that made me watch the stars a ton when I had smoke breaks." He summed it up basically and looked towards the pink haired once more.

"Since you know who what or where now with stars, to define what north, south, east everything would be. I do hope my other explanation regards of using the maps, landmarks and all also was useful to determine where you would need to go once you had day and nighttime." He would tilt his head and look towards her. "So I think this would be mission success on learning stellar at least." He would grin and place hands behind his head before looking to the side. "If you want to you are free to go."

[5/5]
TWC: 2.057 / 1500

Tenken

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tenken was dismissed, and she knew better than to push it after such a statement from a Sennin. Then young woman bows her head to the other in respect. "Very well, I shall take my leave. Thank you for the lesson and for educating me on more than you anticipated. I do apologize for throwing you off there." She gives a small giggle before the notepad and pencil vanish into different pockets and once more she was off, a girl in a hurry but nowhere to truly be.

Someone who needed to find their goal to even begin aiming towards it. Tsu told her to make people safe and happy. She needed to learn how to do that, and while she appreciated the star lesson, that didn't further her goal direct. She would need more knowledge.

(Topic left)
Total wC: 1710

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back