Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Unlocking the past... [RUNIC TERRAN]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Wanting to train more than his body, Sora began to visit the Oracle's Library mostly to look up time honored techniques and also to learn more about Sunagakure. Despite being somewhat of an outsider, he wanted to do his best to at least know the history and lore of the land as opposed to just what was happening currently. Finding himself in one particularly older part of the library, or at least he surmised such based on the cobwebs stretching from one book to the shelf that it sat on. From what he could make out about the book, it seemed to be something to do about tactics but even when Sora took the book to a more comfortable and well lit area, he found the words on the page mixed with a language that he couldn't make out.

It was only when he inquired about the language that he found out that it was something called Runic Terran, a language predating nearly anything that he could think of. Off on a readers journey, Sora pulled book after book as he began to cross reference and piece together what he could about the language and what significance that it held to the history of the land. All of the learning that Sora did eventually drew him to the book titled Annals of the Conqueror. A daunting book based on the title alone, Sora found that he quickly needed pen and paper to keep up with not only the parts about the language but also to keep track of all of the characters and figures at play in the ancient text.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
While at first the the written format of the book utterly confused Sora, he found that the more that he stared at the contents of the pages that the words seemed to unlock a deep sense of longing within his heart. Unable to put a name to it, he could only describe the sensation as one akin to missing a family member that had passed long ago, but while that usually came with a sense of familiarity and memories of the departed, Sora could not place the feeling as being tied to a person that he knew. Like a void of memories, the thoughts and feelings that he was finding himself having were assigned to an invisible patron just beyond his memory. In some way, it was almost as if Sora was being kept from remembering whoever it was that he was longing to see.

Having never experienced "love" in a way that was applied to another not of his family, Sora found the conflicting emotional pull that he was experiencing to be a confusing and painful. With no image of who he was imagining, the memories that the book awakened via the way it felt, the smell of the dust on the pages and seeing the ancient language contained within took him to locations that he had no recollection of ever visiting. As he tried to place the feelings and the memories, he kept being taking to a place where the sound of water was an ever echoing voice that beckoned him to show due reverence. Just like the time when he was walking the foreigner around the village, he momentarily lost track of where he was as he was transported, mentally at least, to a dark room with whispering figures all around him. With the feeling too real and too vivid to just be something of his own imagination, he began to believe that this place and this memory were important for some reason, something that had happened that he had long since filed away.

Whereas before he couldn't make out what they were saying, this time he could just barely understand what the source of their ire was. As the room began to spin and the eyes of the onlookers began to glow brighter, he finally realized that they were staring and pointing at him, he was the judged, but for what, he didn't know. Try as he might, he couldn't understand why they were judging him, and it didn't seem like he'd get his answer this day because just as quickly as he was transported within his mind, he was back in the Oracle's Library, only now, when his eyes read over the page, he understood the ancient when his fingertips glided over the page. With a renewed vigor, he continued to pore over the contents of the book, only this time he was armed with a new understanding of what he was reading, and armed with this new knowledge, he was sure that he was on a new trail towards understand just where he came from.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As he started on his way home with the new knowledge floating around in his head, Sora began to have feel a bit unwell. Like a coming storm, the sensation nearly overtook him with a force that was enough to knock him off of his feet, but he managed to stay upright without appearing to stumble. Wondering if he had been poisoned at sometime while he was reading in the Oracle's Library, Sora couldn't think of a time when he would have been vulnerable to such an attack. In fact, as he thought more about it, he hadn't really seen much of anybody during his entire visit. Sure, there were the Oracle's who watched over the place but as far as other students, there were hardly any and as he continued to try and hold in the contents of his lunch, he felt the tell tell sign that he was going to vomit.

Not wanting to make a scene, he tried to make his way out of the part of town that he was in but he found that the sensation was starting to overtake him in a way that he knew that he wouldn't make it home in time to be safe from the stench of sickness. Ducking into the next empty alleyway that he found, he bent over in pain expecting to feel whatever was upsetting his stomach come up with a vengeance but instead of looking at his lunch, instead his entire body, unbeknownst to himself, was transformed into a form like that of water and then collapsed into a puddle of watery mess. In the desert, water was scarce and in the desert heat, water didn't tend to last long, but instead of reacting like normal water ought to, the watery puddle that Sora had become, dematerialized as if undone from reality itself. Where he once stood, there was no longer a trace of the boy that had been there mere moments before.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Falling through what he could only describe as the sensation of warm water, Sora unceremoniously floated down a seemingly endless well of darkness until his body turned and he landed on his feet. Despite his eyes being open, all that he could see was darkness and then a faint light began to appear along with a barely audible noise. As he waited for things to become clear, he realized that he was walking and as things began to become more clear, he was able to make out that he was surrounded by a number of people dressed in regal clothing at a party of some sort. He didn't understand how he had been transported to this place but there was a feeling of familiarity that he couldn't shake. Feeling shaky, he stumbled, and that was when somebody reached out to grab him. "Hey, you don't look so good, need a hand?"

It was a harmless question as Sora truly didn't know where he was or what was going on, but his body moved without his consent and a voice answered for him, a voice that he didn't recognize but realized was coming from himself. "I'll be fine, I've just been too used to going without the finer things while fighting in the war." Shrugging off whoever the person was that attempted to help, Sora's body walked to what looked to be a bathroom of some sort but it was far nicer than any bathroom that he'd ever been in. Going to the sink, the figure turned on the water faucet and that was when Sora noticed the fact that the hands were not his own. Then he looked in the mirror and Sora began to panic as the face that he saw was that of an older fair skinned man, someone that wasn't him. Like a bad dream, a nightmare, Sora was startled but the man, the body that Sora inhabited, didn't move.

In fact, the head of the man moved as he looked closer into the mirror and turned his head in a way that implied that he knew that Sora was there. Speaking out loud, the man seemed to look directly at Sora, which truly was him staring in the mirror at himself. "Congratulations on finally finding the map. Now let's catch you up to speed on how to read it." No sooner had the words been said, then everything went dark and suddenly Sora was standing in the dark by himself with only a lone light shining down on him. He was no longer in the bathroom and in fact the sounds of the party had faded away to nothingness. Soon hearing the sound of squishing feet, Sora looked down at his hands to see that they were his own and it was then that he realized that he was actually himself. He also realized that the squishy noise wasn't coming from him and he looked up to find that before him stood a tall figure looking something like a mix between a sea creature and a man. Unable to find the words, Sora could only stammer incoherent words as the tall figure crouched to his level and greeted him. "Hello young Sora. It's nice to finally meet you, or should I say, myself."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
With a wave of his hand the man that Sora was listening to transported them from the place where they were to a large desert expanse with an innumerable number of warring forces around them. While no words were exchanged, it was as though by watching the scene play out before him that Sora could feel just as this man felt, and sense what he sensed. Like a far off memory, Sora could almost distinctly remember being there, but just as quickly as the memory was beholden to him then it was gone as the scene once again changed from that of a battlefield to that of the underwater world that he had caught glimpse of before. "We are an ancient race of being, Ancients as the humans refer to it, and you, I, we are, or rather where...a part of that called the Water Court. There, I was fiercely loyal to the cause, willing to do whatever it took to secure our home and our dominion but it wasn't enough. Indeed, for as ancient as we are and as powerful as we believe ourselves to be, even we aren't above such mortal emotions as love."

As the watery world seemed to wash away from the throne room that Sora was used to seeing to that of an equally regal looking room but one that seemed more above the water depths below, Sora saw a woman that he instantly felt an attraction to, but for a reason that he couldn't quite figure out. "She was human, and yet I still fell for her. Back in those days, such a love was especially forbidden for such a union could only create an abomination, and yet I loved all the same." Speaking as if recounting a tale older than time itself, Sora watched as the woman was swept off her feet by a man whom he could only assume was the former form of this other version of himself. As the couple seemed to dance under the light of many candles around them, it was when the woman was twirled around that he caught sight of the tell-tale signs of pregnancy. "Like many who had such a forbidden love, I had to hide her away for I could never love her under the light of day. In fact, I couldn't love her here, and so..."

As the man continued to speak, Sora's view panned out to show that the room that they were looking at wasn't just one among many fanciful places in what he assumed to be the Wind Country, in fact, as the two of them began to move further and further away from the palace, Sora legitimately began to question if they were even on the same planet. For one, the palace seemed to float on clouds that were a little too blue, and even further away from that, the winds seemed to whip about with a fury that he'd never even heard the old Sungakurians speak about. Even more telling was that when at last Sora thought that he'd figured out just where they might be, the man spoke again. "I took her to a place where only I could travel. That was my first and final mistake in ever loving her." Everything went black, and suddenly there was only Sora and the alien looking man before him.

This time Sora spoke up. "I...I have to be honest, I don't have any idea what you're talking about. I thought that I was going crazy all of this time when I was having nightmares about being underwater and now I'm being told by what appears to be a figment of my imagination that I'm a Water Court Ancient? I passed the basic primary years of schooling and I know that the Ancient Courts are just that, ancient. I'd know if I was one. Heck, I barely know who my actual parents are. For all I know, I'm just unconscious in an alley and severely dehydrated, thus, I'm imagining you."

Turning his head inquisitively, the man nodded and agreed with Sora surprisingly. "It's true, that could be the case, but ask yourself this. How do you explain the mysterious nature of your ability to bend light? Usually the likes of that skill is for the Nara and yet you aren't that. As far as your real parents, Suijin is as much your mother and father as she is your sister and brother. We Water Court Ancients are a bit different than the rest. Think of it like how an ocean when meeting the shore can create a push far enough on the banks to create a river which leads to the creation of a lake. You wouldn't not consider it to be a body of water all the same."

Eyes growing large with utter confusion, Sora wanted to agree but he still found the whole of the story a bit far fetched. "Say I believe you, why now? If we're so ancient then how have I gone my entire life without having one ancient memory until now?" Nodding his head in agreement, the man agreed. "You aren't wrong, I agree, but I think that it had something to do with you reading the Annals of the Conqueror. After all these years it must have unlocked my memories like an ancient key." "That doesn't make a lot of sense." "So let me explain." Suddenly, Sora and the man were back in the throne room, but this time, it was during what appeared to be the trial that he always seemed to see. There, surrounded by those faceless ancient figures the only sensation that he could feel was that of being small, weak and powerless.

"While it is true that Ancients cannot die in the way that one typically considers death, it is also true that there are fates far worse. For me, my punishment was a forced regenesis, a process that in no uncertain terms would soon cause me to part with my beloved." As as the scene played out before him, Sora watched as the seemingly proud man that stood just before him was shackled at the wrist before a long snaking coil of some sort of watery substance wormed its way through the air towards him. Sensing the fear in the man, even Sora winced and began to back away much as the man did but found that equally like the man, that shadowy arms seemed to push and hold him forward as the watery tendril morphed from a liquid form, to a lecherous tentacle to at last an outstretched finger that only touched the forehead of the man. If there was an effort in the move then Sora didn't see it but no sooner had the finger made contact and then pulled back, than the man began to convulse and glow with an inward radiating light before falling to the ground.

Whereas before the man seemed in the prime of his life, his skin and features began to shift and grow younger with age. In mere seconds, it seemed as though decades were taken from him, and as if he no longer was a threat, the handcuffs around his wrist were loosed as they dropped to the ground and the man looked up with eyes and hair growing more youthful and his clothes dragging him down with their weight as his body became no more a threat than a young prepubescent child. Looking at those that had judged him, he mouthing words that Sora couldn't hear and pointed a finger in the direction of where the watery appendage that had damned him had come from before climbing to one knee and then disappearing. Once again the man picked back up his words. "Time and space are a magnificent thing. It is through these constructs that we can hide what matters most to us, but it is also true that they obey no master. For me, here, my trial and judgement lasted mere days. For my beloved and our unborn child in our hidden home, time passed in far more an abundance."

Watching the scene, Sora was instantly back in the palace surrounded by a blue that was too blue but instead of finding that the regal place was well maintained, what he instead found was a disheveled reminder of what had only been. "I can only hope that she was happy in the end. Without me there to maintain the realm...they stood no chance. All because I dared to..." As the man let the words trail off, for the first time during the encounter, Sora felt in tune with the man in a way that he couldn't described. It was as if he could just ever so faintly peer into the thoughts of the man, like they were one in the same being. In the words, Sora could feel the mans pain, but he could also sense a dark secret that the man wasn't telling him. Unable to figure out how or why, Sora focused on what he truly wanted to know, how all of this mattered to him. "I won't pretend to know how that felt but I don't know how I can help you or rather, myself right now. I'm just a kid."

Like a record scratch, the world around him went back to a blackened state of nothingness with only he and the man standing and facing each other. "When they placed my punishment on me, I was de-aged and then transformed into you. The technicalities of how aren't important but in that brief moment where you and I were both equally one and the same, I lost my memories and my control while you came into being. Eventually you would have figured out that something was wrong when you apparently stopped aging while your peers grew old and died but the ancient language must have activated my memories through the Ancient genetic code. I can't fully explain it myself but despite us being the same being, our Ancient physiology must have allowed for my memories to be stored away while yours were left to grow. A peculiar phenomena and one that I'd like to exam in more detail but for now...I need your help with something else more pressing."

As he spoke, Sora was again hit with the feeling that there was something that the man was withholding from him. Something that would explain his motives, but just as soon as the feeling washed over him, his thoughts were interrupted. "I'd love to help but I don't even know what your, my...what are we referring to ourselves as, name is." "...It's Suigetsu and I don't know what we are, only that together, we will be far stronger than we are apart." Suigetsu, the name felt natural to Sora but he still felt that he didn't quite know the full weight of what the name truly meant. "So I just help you on your revenge tour and then what?" For the first time, Sora recognized that he'd drawn Suigetsu's ire. "Who said anything about revenge?" Shrugging, Sora rolled his eyes. "I mean, it seems natural considering that they...what happened to your family." "Our family, it was our family." Upon saying those words, the man seemed to melt away from his alien looking form into that of a the prime of his life version that had been punished. "The irony is that Sora was what we were going to name our child, after the blue skies of our new world."

Feeling a tinge of sadness, Sora noted how ironic it all seemed but once again Suigetsu spoke up. "In fact, we've been here the entire time." Snapping his fingers, the expanse of darkness around them revealed itself to be a series of ruins around them while above a beautifully terrifying all too blue storm whipped about in a fury. "In your genetic memory are the keys to make a world of your choosing. I think that it's best that we start here, I'll teach you what I can before I return you back to Sunagakure. As you are now, you're not strong enough for what I need for you to do." While happy to have an instructor, Sora was glad that Suigetsu didn't seem to pick up on his disbelief of the Ancients gift bearing ways. "You still haven't explained just what I need to do..." Laughing, Suigetsu shook his head. "You will get your explanation in due time, but for now, we train. The rest will come when it comes."

OOC: Topic Left

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back