Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Vermilion Evening Sky [Free RP]

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The sun had already begun its retreat beneath the horizon's borders, and the sky was once more filled by thinning golden clouds and tinted by a vibrant vermilion hue. People were shuffling about, from one location to the next as they carried on all sorts of business. The variety of people and purposes that passed through the Susukino District seemed endless, with everything from the hurried merchant to the mesmerized child staring into the windows of a shop. It was a place where it was said that you could find anything you wanted, but one person in particular felt as if it hadn't a single thing within all its vastness for himself.

Tensai had been traveling about all morning, eyeing wares of all kinds knowing that he couldn't afford any of it. The last of his extra coin had been slipped into his mother's purse while she slept. She was a stubborn and a proud woman, and while they struggled a bit she had wanted her children to live as carefree a life as they possibly could. Tensai being as observant as he was, could see the situation they were in and knew that she wouldn't have accepted his offer. Thankfully for him, she wasn't a woman who paid terrible attention to detail and so the extra coin added would likely be thought of ass nothing more than finding what she had misplaced before.

Well, without any significant amount of money, one could only wonder why the boy was in a place that required such a thing. The truth is he himself hadn't a single clue, but sitting at home with nothing to do wasn't going to be it for him. Sure there were other things to possibly study, but any young boy would need to stretch their legs once in a while. Especially with one carrying as much on their mind as this one in particular. His movements came to a slow stop outside a store than sold various trinkets and figurines of all sorts, and what caught his eye in the window was a highly detailed carving of a wolf howling. What he was thinking about could have been anyone's guess, but his eyes made it clear that his thoughts were far away from where his two feet were planted.

[MFT - WC: 381]​

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Damn....lost again. Shashu cursed softly, letting out a heavy sigh. She had been wandering about all day since entering the gates this morning, and every time it seemed she was getting somewhere, she would turn a corner and any idea of where she was went out the window It doesn't help that these directions are worthless....you'd assume that those guards would know how to direct someone around their own town... For what seemed like the hundredth time, Shashu scowled and pulled out the scrap of paper the guard had written his directions down on, along with a crudely drawn map made of arrows and lines, once again trying to make sense of the haphazard scribbles and unfamiliar street names. At least this area looks somewhat interesting. Looking around, she could find no way to match up what she could see and what was written, so with another sigh she folded the map away back into her pouch and licked her finger, holding it in the air to test the wind. She stood like that for a moment, her head cocked as if listening to something, before nodding to herself and heading down the street to her right, the wind in her hair and the ruddy light of the setting sun reflected in her silver eyes.

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
His eyes, at the present moment were a deep shade of emerald. The irises seemed truly gem-like, with an odd transparency likened only to colored glass if nothing more valuable. The expression on his face was a solemn one, with lips curved in what could be considered a melancholy expression. It became quite clear to anyone who happened to pay attention, that this young man wasn't having the best day of his life. His long robes fluttered in the soft breeze, and it was only due to the ruffling of cloth that his awareness would shift and he would notice his reflection. With a wrinkled nose, you could tell he didn't like what he saw in the least.

Turning, he would practically spin on his heels and start marching off in the complete opposite direction. He wasn't sure what to do about it, about that burning pit of flames he felt within himself. A flame that burned with impatience, uncertainty, and dissatisfaction. His quick and unfriendly steps would come to a sudden halt, and those green eyes of his would look up to notice a girl a few inches taller than himself. He stood there for a moment, simply looking with the same melancholy expression that seemed to change for no one. Suddenly, his irises did their usual and sporadic sift in pigmentation, becoming a dark violet right before the eyes of any who would notice.

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shashu headed down the street, threading through the evening crowds, taking in the sights and keeping an eye out for anyone who seemed like they could help her find her way. 'This place is practically maze-like,' she thought to herself. 'I doubt anyone is even at the academy at this hour...hopefully I can find somewhere to stay before night falls.' Looking around she spotted a boy about her age, a bit shorter than she was, looking at a window display for a curio shop. 'A student? Maybe he can help me, or at least take me to someone who can.'

Shashu took a few steps toward the boy, but as soon as she did he spun on his heel and headed her way, anger clearly marking his face. Stopping a few yards away, she waited for him to notice her, taking advantage of the pause to look him over. Average height, average build. Strange clothes for this region, but then from what she heard, there were more than a few foreigners in Kumo. His eyes were the most striking feature, green like the colored glass in her wind chimes back home.

After a moment he stopped couple feet from her, looking her in the eye with a sort of blank, yet sad expression, as if waiting for her to do something or get out of his way. Before she could say anything, his eyes changed from deep green to dark purple, causing her eyes to widen a bit in reaction. 'Pretty...' Shashu mumbled, her thoughts becoming unintended words. 'Staring is impolite Shashu,' She silently scolded herself. ''Get to the point, don't waste his time. He's obviously already having a bad day.' Shashu quickly shook her head in an attempt to clear it. "Ah hi, I'm kind of lost, and it's getting kind of late, so I was wondering if you could help me find someplace to stay...." her voice trailed off, embarrassment lightly coloring her cheeks.
(MFT: WC-333)​

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Waiting for her to get out of his way, that seemed more like anything else to be precisely what the young man had been doing. It would appear, at least for those few moments of silence, that he'd been looking through her. His gaze truly gave the impression that his very pupils were capable of seeing clear through her skull and the unblocked path behind the taller adolescent. It was only once the girl mumbled something under her breath did the boy's eyes shift, darting towards the ground between them...Severing the connection formed between their newly acquainted eyes. His expression would soften just a little, and he'd take a single step forward in preparation to simply pass by.

She spoke again, and this time Tensai's feet would remain with one in front of the other as though he couldn't spare more than a minute to respond. He almost told her to ask someone else before even listening to the entire request, but she spoke faster than he could begin to get the words out. With a little sigh he looked upwards, towards the changing sky for but a second or two before looking back at the young woman. "I'm not sure what you want." His tone was soft, but carried a tone that signaled a sort of indifference or boredom in his voice. "If you're not from around here you really shouldn't be walking all over the place by yourself any way." Short as he was in comparison to her (actually, at present my character is a little "below average" in terms of height and build), he seemed to have quite the old soul.

He exhaled a little, shaking his head but spoke any way. "There are hotels all over this little district, like right over th-" He went to point in a particular direction, but it seemed that the evening crowd was so thick it would have been a little impossible for him to point to the exact location. "Well...I was going to say down there and a right before...Screw it..." He'd walk right passed her, hands in the pockets of his robes. "Follow me." Was all that he'd say, and sure enough if she were to follow they'd cut through a few crowds here and there and passed a few alleyways. It would have been obvious he was taking a shortcut of sorts. He didn't really seem like a child of many words, but talking to people who weren't exactly his Granduncle or a teacher never really went quite well. What was to make him think this would be any different? He'd helped people before only to quite literally have books thrown at his face, so why was he bothering to show anyone anything this time? Who knew...

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well he's certainly a prickly one. I hope I wasn't interrupting anything important...Shashu sighed and followed after the boy, noting his slightly hunched posture and how he put a little more force than necessary in each step. They were subtle things, not easily noticed, but then Shashu suspected everything about this boy was subtle. Seems like he really is having a bad day...I wonder if there's some way to cheer him up. Shrugging to herself she made sure to keep close track of the boy and where he was going. The crowds were pretty thick and the alleyways he led her through twisted and turned like some kind of labyrinth; she most certainly did not want to get lost again.

As the boy led her along what was apparently a shortcut Shashu took every opportunity to sneak a peek at the boys face, his eyes in particular. They had been a deep green when she first spotted him, then a dark purple. Were they going to change again? Her eyes were pretty strange to some, their mirror sheen often reflecting lights and bright colors, but nothing that drastic. Did he do it on purpose? Was it his mood? That would be pretty neat, changing your eyes like that. People would know leave you alone when you were angry, cheer you up when you were sad....Shashu gulped.Wait, what if he's mad at me for interrupting him? What color is purple?? It doesn't seem like an angry color...

As Shashu's thoughts rambled on in that vein, the boy eventually caught her sneaking peeks at him as they emerged from an alley. His eyes narrowed, but before he could say anything Shashu hurriedly blurted out "Sorry, I didn't mean to bother, you it's just your eyes are really pretty and interesting and I was wondering how they change colors and-" Blushing, Shashu cut herself off before she made a bigger fool of herself. Damn damn damn! This is why mama says you're too curious for your own good! Quickly looking around, she spied an ice cream shop, apparently just getting ready to close down for the night. Perfect! She thought, smiling. I can pay him back and cheer him up a little. And hopefully take his mind off how much of an idiot I'm being. "Nevermind! Here, let's get some ice cream, my treat!" Shashu said, as she grabbed hold of his sleeve and tugged him towards the shop.
(MFT: WC-410)​

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
4758-160903893.jpg

topic enter by npc Aizaka Sayo​

Tensai and Sashu were not the only ones going through the alleyways. There was another there that was not too far behind them. It was a little girl, even younger than the one that threw a book at Tensai’s face. Well in truth she has no idea how old she is; memories of the past were lost. Such is the tragedy of a soul sealed in a puppet. However she was a well-made puppet with prosthetic skin. She wore a white kimono and walked around barefooted. She hid behind trashcans and dumpsters as she follows behind the two. She was quite shy around other people, but also curious as to why people like them were doing in a place like this. She hopes she can get to her destination without being seen but alas it sounds like they were heading to the same place. True being puppet she does not need food nor can she taste it, but she did like the cold smooth texture of it. Ice cream seems to sooth her for some reason as if it was connected to a happy memory she forgot.

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
er07ia.jpg

He'd be looking over his shoulder every once in a while. Little quick glances, unnoticeable to most really. Making sure that the athletic, or in his opinion lanky, young woman was right behind him. It was easy to get lost in the maze-like entertainment and economic epicenter of the entire village. He moved swiftly, staying in the lead by a few steps despite his unhurried mannerisms. Anyone could get the impression that this ashen-haired youth could abandon the brown-haired girl in the blink of an eye if he had chosen to do so. He took notice eventually, that every so often the girl's gaze aimed for his own countenance.

From the distance his keen eyesight would catch minor glimpses of his own reflection, along with that of the surrounding world in her mirror-like stare. He made an effort for his pupils to avoid her line of sight after the first two or three times. By the time the duo emerged from the alleyway, his optics had reverted to their emerald shadow and were narrowed behind scrutinizing lids as he was about to direct her towards the large hotel facing them from the north. Its lights were bright and the advertising was top of the line. Business was booming, and people from all over the world seemed to be checking in and out.

Not a single word left his lips before the girl start apologizing oddly and then complimenting his eyes. His cheeks turned a subtle shade of crimson for a moment while his expression was that of disbelief and confusion. Pausing for a moment, he would then clear his throat and enlighten her on his condition. "I don't know when it happens. It doesn't make me feel any different, and no one's ever been able to tell me why they're like that. Some of the elders think it might have something to do with my mood, but there really doesn't seem to be a pattern at all. Sometimes the same colors re-emerge with entirely different reasons I've been told. It's not like I walk around carrying a mirror to check my face any way...That would be ridiculous." He went off on a tangent, and just as he prepared to go on some more the girl grabbed hold of his sleeve and began pulling him away.

His first instinct caused a twitch from his fingers, but luckily they were hidden by his sleeves as they quickly reached for the red wires about his wrists. Feeling no threat from the girl allowed the tension in his fingers to fade, and his intended grip to relax and fade away. She had brought them both into an ice cream shop, with bright colors and filled with childish decorations. Tensai's eyes appeared to have the life sucked out of them and replaced with boredom, while his lips curved into a half frown. Exhaling dismayed sigh, he would pull his sleeve away as they approached the counter. He opened his mouth to protest, remembering that he hadn't the money to spare. He fell silent through, also recalling the statement about it being his companion's treat. "Fine...I'll have Cookies n' Cream. T..Thanks." He would cross his arms afterwards, failing to mask his gratefulness.

All the way along their path to the hotel, Tensai couldn't shake the feeling that he was being watched. He wasn't the sort of person to make a big deal out of things without a right reasoning, and so he remained quiet about it. After placing his order and trying to avoid eye contact with his new acquaintance, he found himself looking out the shop's window. From there, he could see an eerily pale little girl in a white kimono...Simply watching them. He could tell that she was headed to the shop also, and so he turn in yet another direction.

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
For a second Shashu felt the boy resist her pulling at him, and she was worried he might refuse. Oh no, does he not like ice cream? No way...everyone loves ice cream... But then he relaxed and followed her with an exasperated sigh, though he couldn't quite hide his gratitude as he told her what he wanted. Well, it seems ice cream was a good choice. After all, everybody loves ice cream. Shashu thought, grinning a bit as she turned to order. "Excuse me, could I get two double scoops please? A strawberry vanilla for me, and cookies and cream for my friend here." The vendor nodded, and added it would be a few minutes before they were ready, as he had already packed those two flavors away for the night. Shashu agreed and turned back to the boy, who was still taking pains to keep from making eye contact with her, then smiled and offered her hand. "My name is Shashu, by the way, and thanks for helping me out. We've got a few minutes before it's ready, so we could um....talk for a bit? There's a seat over there..." Shashu sheepishly motioned over to the window, her cheeks a little flushed. As she did she noticed a pale white young girl in a matching kimono walking towards the shop. She looked pretty, her lack of color a stark contrast to the vibrant colors of the streets and the deepening reds, oranges, and purples of the evening sky. Looks like someone else fell to the call of the ice cream. Shashu smirked, then turned her attention back to the boy with the interesting eyes in front of her.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The little bell above the door chimes as Sayo enters the shop. As if by cue the vendor welcomes the new costumer like always. Sayo walks up to the vendor, sitting a few coins on the counter and ordering a vanilla soft serve. The man takes the money places in it the rejecter and grabs a cone. He might have put away some of his flavors for the night, but the soft serve machine was still running. A big smile could be seen from her face as the man hands her her cone. She takes a seat at a table and licks the ice cream slowly to saver the experience of the smooth cold substance dancing around her tongue. As the ice cream melts in her mouth she felt her tension an nervousness towards meeting new people melt with it.

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She went ahead and repeated his order after his, along with giving her own. He'd blink for a moment, eyes narrowed as he tried to figure out whether or not she thought his voice alone was inadequate with which to confirm his requests. Now she was just looking at him and smiling, behaving extraordinarily kind and blushing all of a sudden. He wasn't sure how to deal with all this, and his cheeks became a deeper shade of crimson as she began to introduce herself. She was still thanking him for earlier, and for some reason Tensai couldn't get used to all the attention.

He wanted to run away at this point, to simply reach into his robes and clutch one of his smoke bombs. Smashing one of those against the ground at this moment would have been perfect, and he could just vanish. What was with all that blushing too? Did she...Tensai quickly shook the through from his moment and spoke out. "Tensai, my name's Tensai." Exhaling softly, the young man would relax himself and then move over towards the seats by the window. He'd rest an elbow upon the table, and rest his chin upon his palm. "It's really fine, you don't need to keep thanking me so much." His eyes would notice her's as they focused upon the pale little child that entered the shop, the one Tensai had pretended not to notice before.

He noticed that her feet were bare, a detail that managed to change Tensai's expression to one bearing a slight frown. He watched quietly for a moment as the little girl carelessly made her way to a nearby table, plopping down and savoring her sweetened treat. Shifting his attention back to Shashu, he'd clear his throat. "So...What would you want to talk about any way? I'd likely bore you to death in all honesty." He'd smirk, followed by a shrug. He tried to forget that she made him blush mere moments before, considering that it wasn't a very logical or intelligent thing to do it felt entirely out of character for him. Was it the start of that puberty nonsense his Granduncle warned him about? Well, it wasn't going to control him. "There's really no need to go to such lengths just to thank me, I'm sure any random person would have done the same if you'd asked them." His voice was soft, and his eyes now half-lidded. His signature expression of boredom lingered while he stared out the window. Suddenly, before there was enough time for either person to add more words to the scene, the sound of music reached Tensai's ears.

Shifting a little, Tensai would be able to catcha glimpse of some of the workers. They were either tapping their feet or moving idly to the beat while they waited on one another. Everyone seemed so damned cheery. Exhaling in total exasperation, Tensai groaned. "What's with everyone today? Is it everyone's birthday at the same time or something?" Of course he didn't mean for the question to be answered, but it might very well happen. Rolling his eyes, he'd look back out the window as he either listened to her words or awaited the incoming desserts.

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tensai huh? Interesting.... Shashu thought after the boy introduced himself. He does seem like the brainy type. After they sat down, Tensai went on to say there was no need to thank him and he would probably bore her to death anyway, to which Shashu frowned. Before she could reply however music started playing, a lighthearted number that made her smile. "You don't seem all that boring to me. Grumpy, sure, but not boring. She leaned forward onto her elbows and rested her face on her hands, looking Tensai in the eye. "You just seem like you could stand to lighten up a bit, is all. And as for not needing thanks, like mama always said 'The world is a dark place Shashu, you should always repay kindness when you find it.'" She cocked her head to the side and looked out the window towards the setting sun. "The way I see it, if its that dark out there, the least I can do is that much." Smiling, she looked back at Tensai. "Would't you agree?

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The air in the shop was starting to get rather cold. Sure one might expect a low temperature in a shop that severs ice cream, but it was cold enough that one can see their breath. Even the ice cream vender seemed to be a little concern. He goes to check if he left the freezer door open or something. Everybody’s breath can be seen but the little girl's who was licking her cone of ice cream. No small clouds of fog came from her nose or mouth as she breathed. Sayo had pale skin for a reason. She was meant to resemble the Haku bloodline. Within her body is a frigid exhaust upgrade and it was activated. Sayo did not do it on purpose; she is still getting use to this new body of hers. Sometimes traps and upgrade goes off without her trying. Luckily she doesn't has anything too dangerous installed in her.

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Grumpy...He always hated that word. It seemed to make light of a person's less than hospitable moments in life, giving it a cute little name and everything. The words that followed the unintentionally bothersome statement didn't go ignored, and in all honesty Tensai preferred them. As the focus shifted away from himself, and towards more general matters, his nonchalant mannerisms began to return little by little. "Your mother sounds like a smart woman..." Was all he could manage for a moment, thinking idly on his own mother and the few gems of knowledge she'd bestowed upon him during his life too.

Shashu's question was answered with a nod of approval, making it quite clear that he agreed with her philosophy. "People always talk about how lightening up is such a good thing, but the truth of the matter is that life's a very serious thing. We're all on a time limit, and we'll all die sooner or later. Everything can't be fun all the time, no matter how we might want it to be. Not when you have goals you want to accomplish before you fade away." His eyes remained half-lidded and almost drowsy as the words left his lips. "The world's darkness...It all has a source, everything has a source..." His words began to soften, and his focus showed that he was talking more to himself than to anyone else.

It was at that moment when he finally took notice of the thin wispy mist that wound from his lips through the air like ribbons of smoke. He felt that sometime during their exchange of words, the temperature of the entire room had changed. Goosebumps pickled his flesh beneath his robes, and his pupils darted about carefully as he tried to understand the sudden change. Everything seemed fine, the staff were feeling the effects of the cold also, but nothing seemed out of place. Nothing at all, except her. Without warning, Tensai's irises warped themselves from emerald to a color similar to dirty quartz. His eye for detail never missed much at all, and the fact that everyone within the vicinity except for one continued to breathe out the chilled mist. She simply sat there licking her treat like some sort of eerie character from a story. He bit the corner of his lip, and his expression was rife with contemplation.

"It's a little cold in here for the rest of us, if you wouldn't mind stopping whatever it is that you're doing, that made this place so cold." He spoke quite clearly, and didn't need to raise his voice that much. You see, the odd little girl had taken a seat quite close to the adolescent duo. The truth of the matter is, Tensai's ancestors and culture in general weren't very fond of cold environments. The boy would have to remember to ask his Granduncle how a people such as they even decided upon a place like Kaze no Kuni, with so much mountain terrain. He was looking directly at the little girl, and so there wouldn't be any mistake at all about with whom he was now speaking. "I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it's getting a little out of hand..." At this point, Tensai was quite ready to pick up his things and leave. The last thing he wanted to do, was have to speak to someone who not only had been following them, but apparently had no concern for other people. Arguing wasn't really his thing, and suddenly he just envisioned how much better it all would have been if he stayed home.

[MFT - WC: 598]​

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Seems I've stumbled upon a sore spot there... Shashu thought, noting Tensai's reaction to being called grumpy. He didn't seem to mind too much though, as his attitude quickly returned to normal. She smiled a bit when he complimented her mother. You don't know the half of it. She could probably teach some of the instructors here a thing or two, had she a mind to. Though Tensai appeared to agree with her, Shashu got the feeling he was more focused on the negative connotations of what she said than the positive. Well, at least he's listening. Most of the time, people either don't care or tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. She frowned inwardly, thinking back on life back with her mother as Tensai also seemed to become lost in memories.

About that time Shashu shivered, the room having gone uncomfortably cold, even for an ice cream shop. Having grown up in the Lightning country she was used to the cold, but this was a bit much. At the same time Tensai seemed to feel it too, for his eyes darted about warily, as if looking for a source of threat. With a quick glance, Shashu noted that the only one not feeling the effects of the cold was the cute little girl. That's odd for sure, especially considering shes not dressed for the cold, and she wasn't wearing shoes when she came in either... Tensai then addressed the girl, and while he appeared to be just as relaxed as before, Shashu could tell he was nervous. He had the look of an animal that was about to bolt to get out of an uncomfortable situation, so she reached across the table and put her hand on his arm. "Looks like our ice cream is ready, would you mind getting it?" She asked, looking him in the eyes, then getting up and moving to the little girl's booth. "Hi, my name's Shashu, she said with a smile, bending over a bit to be at eye level with the girl. "It's getting a bit chilly in here, so would you mind turning off the A/C?" Her eyes sparkled a bit with humor, as if she were sharing a little joke with the girl.
MFT: WC-377​

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As he awaited a response, he suddenly felt a warm and gentle pressure upon his arm. His heartbeat suddenly doubled in strength, and his eyes narrowed more, changing from drowsy to vicious suspicion. She'd feel his arm twitch, as the fingers belonging to the hand of that limb shifted beneath the cover of his sleeve. That was the most of it though. He still couldn't shake his aversion to being touched by others, but at least he was preventing himself from acting impulsively whenever it occurred. He closed his eyes as he listened to her request, without even turning to face her, and opened them steadily as her hand lifted. It was unlikely that she'd notice since he wasn't facing her anymore, but if she did he would play it off. "Not a problem..." Was all he said before sliding from his seat and lightly seeming to glide away, mainly due to his long robes. They'd be able to see him shaking his head left and right gently as he walked away. Now, about that ice cream...

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Sayo body jumps and she drops her cone when Tensai spoke to her. Her ice cream splats onto the floor. Shashu seemed to take a friendlier approach, though Sayo did not laugh. She looked at her questionably for the A/C comment was more accurate than people would think. Sayo had to wonder if Shashu figured out what she is. Sayo closes her eyes and concentrates which gave her the look of constipation. There was an audible click that emanated from her body as she turns off the frigid exhaust. However it will take a while for the room to return to its natural temperature. Sayo opens her eyes and asks, “Did it work? Is it off? I don’t suppose either one of you knows how to puppeteer?” Her last question probably sounded rather strange, if not out of the blue.

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Puppeteer? I don't really, no," Shashu asked. "I haven't been a student long, and we haven't covered that at all. Tensei might though, from what I gather he's been here a bit longer than me." Puppeteer? Why would she need a puppeteer? Is it some sort of puppet device making the cold? She didn't bring anything in here though.... She eyed the girl speculatively. Is it inside her then? Wouldn't that make her a puppet too though? I didn't think you could do that! Shashu looked the girl up and down, her curiosity piqued. She noted the fact that the girl didn't seem to be breathing, how she was unnaturally still, and what movements she did make were precise, very much like a doll. So intent was she on this examination however, she didn't notice she was staring. Her look was one of friendly curiosity however, not hostility.

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The temperature began to increase steadily, but each breath that he took still presented itself before his very eyes in the form of a thin mist. At the counter, Tensai carefully plucked just the right amount of coin from his pocket, while his ears sharply picked up on the conversation a ways behind him at the table. Tensai himself knew only the bare basis for which puppeteer tecniques were form, but had never learned delved into the subject beyond the surface. Quickly stringing together a stream of theories and clues before he even dropped the first few coins into the clerk's palm, he would then pause to look over his shoulder from the corner of his eyes.

His keffiyeh framed his face gently in such a way that his observation wouldn't be obvious to any but the clerk directly in front of him. He too, would notice the lack of breathing. From what he knew, puppets didn't simply walk around...There was always a master, someone pulling the strings and giving them voice and life. He'd been strongly considering the act of paying for the ice cream, and walking away while they were distracted. After all, he had shown Shashu where she could find lodging for the night and his overall mission as far as he was concerned had been completed. He didn't see the point in sitting there with her, not when he didn't even know who she was or whether or not she was any sort of good person. Things changed though...Because, if that little puppet's master was anywhere nearby, then why weren't they revealing themselves? Perhaps it was a ploy to lure unsuspecting children into some sort of trap, considering that puppets didn't even have taste-buds much less a need for frozen treats. They wouldn't even have nerves or pain receptors as far as he was concerned. It was all clearly an act, but for what purpose?

"I know you said it was your treat, but...Whatever." He said dryly after finding his way back to the table, and handing Shashu her cone. He had his own, but he was giving the impression that he didn't much feel like having ice cream anymore, for he simply held it quite lazily without even having a taste. For him, the situation regarding the little puppet was a mystery that could have varying levels of danger. What's more, if there weren't anyone pulling her strings, then shit just hit a new level of weird for him. Truth be told, he only stayed because he wondered about Shashu's safety in the presence of what was possibly nothing more than bait. "Excuse me, I overheard you mentioning something about a puppeteer if I'm not mistaken. I'd like to know where your's is, considering it's just a little suspicious to have your puppet following kids and eating ice cream. All puppeteers, to my understanding need to be be able to at least see or hear their puppets to some extent to control them...So, I was wondering...Where are you?" His words weren't harsh, but rather calm and easily delivered. The gloves were off, and he wasn't even referring to the puppet directly anymore...Since if his theory held true in any way, they were really talking to some hidden puppeteer. Finally, he raised his cone to his lips and shifted his gaze towards it while he bit a small piece rather than licking it.

What trouble would his words cause? It wasn't clear when his eyes had changed their color, but at the moment they were like prehistoric amber, causing his pupils to stand out strikingly.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It was quite obvious that Tensai was not a puppeteer. Puppets are treated to be a second line of sight, meaning a puppeteer can see what their puppet sees. Sayo turns around so that her back was facing them. She lowers her kimono down to her waist, which probable looked really wrong to other people. She hoped no one would come in for it would look like a ten year old was giving a young boy a strip tease. On her lower back was a paper talisman, which would be a sign to Tensai telling him that he is about to enter into a whole new level of weird. “I am a living doll, a spirit sealed inside a puppet. That talisman keeps me in this vessel.”

[ooc: sorry for the delay. I was hoping to introduce my new pc in this post but it looks like it will take long than I expected it to get approved.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back