Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

We Need to Talk [Sousuke]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]"I understand your feelings Kazuki but the capital of Wind Country is days away. Even if we rushed out into a trek across the desert we would be at least twenty four hours or more overdue to be able to change events which are transpiring presently and that's assuming that we got good travel conditions. We could be in the desert for days. And then what? We arrive at a fortress city with potentially upwards of six uncounted for Sovereign agents and a necromancer so powerful he created the creature responsible a natural disaster half of a country in size stationed there?"

The odds against any sort of knee-jerk rescue mission were impossible. Normally Katsuo would have been right beside Kazuki in thinking that they needed to storm the city of Sora immediately but this was too much even for him. It broke his heart to make a decision that potentially left a man that he was now responsible for the life of to die but ultimately he had no ability to impact the outcome of what was going on in Sora at the present time any more than he did the ability to change the tides or raise the dead. The only thing which would result from the four of them attempting to ride into Sora in a storm of judgement and fire would be the complete destruction of any forces able to stand up to Ishii Shiro and his Sovereign agency.

"We can't go into this half-cocked. Ishii Shiro isn't a fool and he knows that if he takes one of our ranks hostage then we'd come for him. He'd be expecting it and if we assume anything less than that we'd be walking into a colossal trap."

Katsuo didn't consider himself a terribly smart man tactically speaking, he'd always had more of a heart for fighting rather than a head for it, but he'd picked up a thing or two from Mikaboshi during the period of time where he'd had the Lord of the Deep Court residing in his head. Mikaboshi was a creature of quintessential deception and cunning and was similar to the daimyo in that way. They thought in similar patterns, worked in similar ways. Were the circumstances different regarding Ishii Shiro's abominable treatment of ancient kind, he might have found a dangerous ally in the Great Black Wolf. They were all very lucky that had not come to pass.

"But you're right Kazuki." He sighed. Kazuki's words weighed heavily on him. He couldn't let his first act as Kazekage to be allowing the daimyo to seize one of his soldiers and kill or hold him with impunity. Struggling to stand once more, Katsuo wobbled with each click of his cane and each step. "If we're going to do this then we're going to do it right. This is going to strictly be a smash and grab operation. We'll infiltrate the city of Sora and find where they're holding Kuro, avoiding confrontations as we go. If you have things to see to before we leave, see to them and be ready. Sousuke, please arrange for sandrunners and desert gear to be prepared and brought to the gates for the four of us. We leave in six hours."

And with that, Katsuo turned to begin leaving the room with his orders having been given. There was something he wanted to follow up on just outside the city limits and it would take most of the time he'd given for preparation for him to do that... if it worked at all.

He needed to see a rock about some ghosts.

[Attempting to leave topic]
|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-7IHOXkiV8&list=RD0-7IHOXkiV8]BGM[/url]]"]
KWkwgeo.png

Sunahoshi Katsuo - The Last Sunahoshi
dwbW8t.png
[/legend][/col]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
In a very short amount of time things were going sideways. Sousuke himself was not pleased with Kuro's choice. Kuro tried to calm down people when he said that they did not need to worry about him. Sousuke in his mind took it worse than several others. He knew full well what the Daimyo was capable of. Uri had been brainwashed and had corrupted by the Daimyo. If Kuro had been compromised then all of his bodies could have been used against Sungakure against his own will. Luckily Kuro would ultimately back down in all of this. Sousuke rubbed his forehead with his index and middle fingers. To make this even more awkward, Kuro was going to pass his title unto an individual who he knew of, but was not entirely aware of what kind of person they were. He knew that the person he spoke of was a Fox hybrid entity. His eyes would shift over to Roku who then called Kuro on his choices. It then seemed that Roku knew something about this lady and her dealings. Sousuke closed his eyes and again rubbed his forehead. "There aren't that high ranking medical officials. Based on logical elimination, I suspect we're talking about Byakko Kyuuji...? Why is this even being considered...?"<i></i> Sousuke would have to ask, much like Roku he very much had a very difficult time trying to ascertain what Kuro was doing or hoping to do by giving a title to someone who did something that was considered to be harmful in the extreme.

Given a little poking and prodding from Kazuki it would seem that they were going to be heading off to save Kuro who at the same declared he was going to be withdrawing his forces. "If Kuro is withdrawing his bodies, then we don't need to go to Sora. He's using phase warping and warp seals if I were to take a very good guess at how this was working. All the same I would like to have his bodies examined for tampering. I would very much to avoid another Uri from happening. Ever. Again."<i></i> Sousuke explained and insisted. It was no longer his place to do so, and he did realize this but cooler heads do resolve most issues. "All the same I wish that you had spoken to us before doing this Kuro."<i></i> He spoke softly, "The Daimyo has wronged all of us present in one way or another, but he has also done harm to Wind. It should be ... the collective of Wind to swing the blade to end him, not just you."<i></i> He openly shrugged. he did not know exactly how one would go about doing that. An entire country to kill a man, well first they would get stuck in court, and then bad things would happen there ultimately with the Daimyo escaping. Sousuke had his allies who were keeping safe and off the grid. Kuro's bodies did indeed appear, which caused Sousuke to breathe a sigh of relief. The bodies looked fine, but looking fine was not enough. He would look to his fellow Sunans. "See? We don't need to travel to Sora now. Do we want to have the debriefing happen now or later?"<i></i>

[Sousuke verbally is attempting to stop Katuso from leaving the topic]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Several things would happen at once. Kuro, upon hearing the words from his new leader, would immediately bring back the paths that had stormed the Daimyo's palace. Roku, almost certainly annoyed by Kazuki's speech, would be further annoyed by what the Toraono Warlord would do. Katsuo, on the other hand, perhaps the closest man to the Senju Overlord, in terms of certain parts of his own personality, would agree with the White Wolf had just said. Although logically speaking, leaving Kuro to die or to fend for himself, would be the best course of action, having his first action to be just that, would leave a bitter taste on the last Sunahoshi's mouth. After a few moments of consideration, the new Kazekage would order them to prepare themselves for a trip to desert. This was going to be a quick and stealthy rescue mission and they would do it right. At the same time however, Kuro's paths would enter the room, revealing he was still unharmed, although perhaps tampered with. The old Kage would request medical checks on each of the Toraono Warlord's paths along with trying to stall Katsuo's departure.

Having said his piece, the Whote Wolf would simply remain silent, waiting to see how Roku, but specifically Katsuo would react to Kuro's latest actions. The manner of Kuro's succession did not bother him, given he barely knew those two individuals that had been named.​
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qMBans8jyM][b][u]Deep Court Omen[/u][/b][/url]]"]
x0xsld.jpg

Senju Kazuki – Occult Sennin
sand_sennin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
@ROKU
Kuro was done with Roku's posturing and attitude. He was at his very limit with all the finger pointing. His Summoner form would step to Roku and look him dead in the eyes.
"Look Roku... You don't actually know me, and I truly don't know you and somehow I have managed to offend you and half or more of Sunagakure by just existing.
I AM TIRED OF ALL OF YOUR SH*T.
IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY OR DO JUST SAY IT OR BE DONE WITH IT!
IF YOU WANT TO LASH OUT HIT ME AND GET IT OVER WITH BUT YOU ONLY GET ONE SHOT.
AFTERWARDS YOU CAN EITHER MOVE ON OR GET BEAT DOWN IT IS THAT SIMPLE!
IF YOU THREATEN ANY OF MY FAMILY EVEN MY LATEST ADDITION WITH YOUR INEPT INVESTIGATIONS THEN I WILL SLAP YOU AROUND LIKE THE CHILD YOU ARE.
Now that 'that' is out of my system, DO AS YOU WILL.
I will harbor no ill will towards you as you will no longer matter in the long run anyway or should we reference your activities and your failures to stop anything.
At least Kazuki is direct enough to submit his judgement openly or when he has been scorned he will openly challenge or confront his problems but YOU...
The dirty looks.
The side comments.
The incomplete judgments will cease.
Either you know a thing or you do not.
I make no excuses for my actions.
CAN YOU SAY THE SAME?"</COLOR>
<i></i>

A massive amount of earth resonant chakra would reverberate within Akuma Kuro as he turned to leave the chamber, a chakra resonance that Katsuo and Kazuki were all too familiar with.

Only Sharingan Kuro and Summoner Kuro were currently in action as Kyojin Kuro had already returned to his post at the dojo. Summoner Kuro having an artificial limb (left leg) seemed to be able to disperse the more negative aspects of Kuro's personality that had been chipped away by the Cabal and the Sovereign. Life had never been kind but it had been generous and now even that aspect of his strange life was gone. Half of his family was either sealed or in hiding. No one was safe till the Daimyo and his flunkies were dead or gone and he had to endure EVERYONE else's judgment when they dared challenged his sacrifices.

Sharingan Kuro would reply softly "She has been at the dojo for some time now and had you simply walked around instead of acting as if she were hidden you might have known it on your own. Feel free to TALK with her but touch her and you will regret it."

Sharingan Kuro would send a telepathic message to Kazuki silent before everyone else... <COLOR color="red">(( Brother Kazuki, we must find Mother Suna, my soul is splintering from her power and I must create a final vessel to house it. Contact my original body at the dojo later near the entrance to your sacred tree. If we cannot get her help then your help may suffice. We/I apologize for causing any of you concern but SOMETHING MUST BE DONE and we can no longer wait till everyone else is ready the Sovereign are already inside the village once more... Reach out with the Ancient side of yourself and you will notice their presence as well... 2 of us will remain here to accept the judgment of the Last Sunahoshi... The time of Reckoning is fast upon us all... ))<i></i>

@SOUSUKE
Akuma Kuro would turn back around and sit before Sousuke and nod before speaking, "Test all you like Steward Takahashi. Neither my mind nor my body are so easily broken and my warp abilities are my own. The same way you would summon an ally or a weapon I can call upon ANY part of me. Hence I can be in multiple places but I am still limited to one mind. Next up... WHY would I consult you on vengeance? When you went off to discover the source of the diamond storm and lost body parts which mother beat upon me for letting you be injured WAS I CONSULTED? When you were having issues with Mikaboshi which he never disclosed to me I had to find out through your wounds and scars and medical reports... WAS I CONSULTED? When have YOU ever consulted me? Even when you were young the best I could do was keep an eye on you between duties to the dojo and Sunagakure. We have NEVER been beholden to one another and until your incident with Mikaboshi I was able to sense when you were truly in danger. Now all I can do is pick up your pieces and hope to put them back again. So let us not get upset about not consulting oneanother. Do you actually think the changes in the world around us would make me so WEAK that I could not take on the likes of a mechanized army or evenly prepared one of the Sovereign? If you must know what felled me in battle with Shouki was not his work but enduring the wrath of all of you and specifically Roku through Shouki's blood magic. I could specifically feel his martial attacks and what I take to be a divine storm wielded by Lord Katsuo. One on one I have slaughtered my fair share of Jashinists and with team work have it down to an art form so to speak. Even my announcing it in his face, to scare him and let him know we knew how to beat him... Even Then.... we had very little teamwork that day despite my efforts to simply keep you all alive. Save Kazuki or Lord Katsuo none of you know actually know YOUR TRUE limits, you self impose limits upon yourselves to keep your bodies intact but true Lords and monsters like myself will sacrifice even that just so a child will be able to come home to his or her family with a smile or a full belly. Sorry to vent Little Brother but I feel an overpowering rage at the moment and it is taking its toll upon all of me."<i></i>

WC:1010

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 3: 'Be Humble'| Arc said:
[col]He would smirk.

"As soon as you are officially no longer a Sennin, it would bring me no greater joy to put you in your place. You are a relic. You talk of my failures... you, who is the self proclaimed guardian of the village that allowed an incursion and countless criminals to sneak in... but you are right, I don't like you. You hold and ego that far outweighs your worth. Again, let me know as soon as you are officially done as a Sennin and I will gladly show you the difference between us."

That was all he'd have for the beast man. A tired mutt that had long outlived its purpose. His eyes would turn back to the remaining members of the room. A different Kuro would give him a line about where to find Azusa.

"Threaten me again and I will break any number of your avatars right here and now... You stand before ANBU work and I will see that your family name won't be able to save you."

It was nice to finally speak his mind to the "guardian".

"Can we get back to actual business..."

He still had not come to terms with this succession of power, but at least Kuro gave him something to fixate on for the time being. He needed a distraction about as much as the ex-Sennin needed his ass whooped.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:

|
tumblr_maps9ewbyp1r72ht7o1_500_by_dbheroes-d8d0nj4.gif
[legend="[img]http://i.imgur.com/WSBLHAP.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/d1AN2WH.png[/img]"]

Name: Roku
Epithet:
Height: 6'2"
Build: Muscular
Eyes: Red
Blood Type: O Negative
Personal Data
[/spoiler]Fight DataMood Music X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]Kuro heeded Katsuo's order at last and withdrew his other bodies with a significant release of chakra that shook the building slightly causing Katsuo to stop and turn as Sousuke reached out to stop him from leaving the room. Kuro and Roku were at it again, gnashing their teeth at each other and as the threats settled, Kuro went on another rant about the actions of others. The mission to the heart of the Diamond Maelstrom. Katsuo's possession at the hands of Mikaboshi. That last one stung a little more than any of those present could know given that it had been his hands that had perpetrated the crimes that Mikaboshi had committed during that time. He remembered the feeling of being helpless as Mikaboshi had incinerated the building where Sousuke's apartment was. Watched as Mikaboshi dueled alongside Suna against Kazuki and Sousuke. He'd finally gathered enough of his strength by the time that Mikaboshi was prepared to start settling his debts with blood to interfere with the ancient lord's actions but by then it was too late to prevent the bulk of it. He'd finally drawn Mikaboshi into a confrontation that settled it but before then much had been done using the powers that his forefathers had laid down for him that he knew went against everything they and he stood for.

But even after all of that, he'd been able to forgive Mikaboshi. During their time together, Katsuo didn't just see what his great-grandfather had done to him-- he experienced it. When Mikaboshi had given Sousuke that rare glimpse into the ancient past, Katsuo had been there to see it as well but more than that he'd relived it alongside Mikaboshi. He felt the unabashed rage and anger at being able to do nothing as everything was taken from him through betrayal and on top of that he experienced a small taste of what it had been like to be locked away in the Black Blade for years. He understood the way Mikaboshi felt in perhaps a way that nobody else would ever be able to thanks to that connection. It was that understanding which had led to him finally brokering a peace between the Deep Lord and Sunagakure.

Tensions were running high and it looked very much like Kuro and Roku were going to have it out right there in what was now his office. Coming back into the room with a slow limp, Katsuo interposed himself between the two angry sennin.

"We have all suffered and lost-- some more than others --but we stand to lose everything if we don't stop acting like we're not on the same side and fight together. The only reason the team which confronted the diamond maelstrom was successful in the first place is because we worked together as a team and looked out for each other."

Katsuo turned his head to look at Kuro first.

"I know you've lost a lot of family to this war. You've convinced yourself that the only way you can make things right for the people you've let down and let die is to atone for that with your own hands. I understand that better than I think you'll ever know." Katsuo explained to him. He'd never had the opportunity to meet any of his father's side of the family for the fact that the daimyo has systematically eradicated them years before Katsuo had even come to Sunagakure. His father had been killed by assassins. His uncle used as the catalyst for creating the diamond maelstrom. Even before he'd known about how bloodline and who he really was it had been the knowledge that his father had been killed by selfish and evil men that had pushed Katsuo to become the Iron Wolf. "But you have to come to grips with the fact that you can't do this alone. You've let yourself be so consumed by your anger and your sorrow that you can't see that. You have to stop trying to fight this war on your own and let us help you."
|[legend="[[b][u]OOC Notes[/u][/b]] - [[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-7IHOXkiV8&list=RD0-7IHOXkiV8]BGM[/url]]"]
KWkwgeo.png

Sunahoshi Katsuo - The Last Sunahoshi
dwbW8t.png
[/legend][/col]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"You failed to answer the call Kuro."<i></i> Sousuke spoke quietly when Kuro was speaking of how he was not consulted when Sousuke went into the Diamond Maelstrom to put an end to it. "I will not speak any further of it, but I did not venture into the Diamond Maelstrom source by myself. I was present with what I would deem to be a very good party present. It was not so much as a discovery as it was us being given information by Katio, and it was time to act on it."<i></i> Did Sousuke hold a bias towards Kaito? Yes. Katio was a wrong man in some aspects, but what he did he was being punished for with a slow death of cancer. Did Katio expect to bounce back? Hard to say. Sousuke, if anything, would want Kaito to be present and to understand the hardships and the difficulty of the hand Sousuke had been dealt in terms a metaphorical hand of cards in Poker. "I am grateful for your help, but I too have been capable of restoring some things on my own. I have fixed things for people on all sorts of levels in this village in my own way. In my own way."<i></i> It was pointless really. Age was a terrible thing, and being a young person allowed several others to state 'I'm older than you, I know better'. It was a very tiring argument that could be proven wrong based on the life experiences one had.

Sousuke prepared himself to dismantle Kuro with more words, but Roku had spoken up. "We're not going to have a physical fist fight break out in the Kazekage tower."<i></i> He spoke up. Roku's words were cutting and were perhaps adding several wooden logs to the metaphorical fire, and that was not going to do anyone any good. In a way what Roku was saying, Sousuke was very capable of accepting himself - as his own faults. Indeed Roku was speaking against Kuro, but Sousuke felt that he too was inept as a leader. Perhaps that in part is why he stopped taking counsel and started doing things on his own. Either way, Katuso was right they could not be doing things alone, people like Shouki needed to be taken down as a team. Taro was no slouch either, he needed team work as well to take down. Taro was present in a prison rotting away, which was perhaps the safest thing considering his heroic complex of himself.

Kuro needed to listen and to see reason, perhaps Katuso's words may indeed find a way to seek what was sorely needed.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Things were escalating rather quickly now that Kuro abide by Katsuo's request. Tired of Roku's constant accusations, the Toraono Warlord would unleash rage in a verbal mode. Regardless of who was right in those arguments, the Street Sennin would not remain silent and would further share his opinion on his fellow Sennin. In the mean time, one of Kuro's paths would broadcast a mental message to Kazuki. (( Brother Kazuki, we must find Mother Suna, my soul is splintering from her power and I must create a final vessel to house it. Contact my original body at the dojo later near the entrance to your sacred tree. If we cannot get her help then your help may suffice. We/I apologize for causing any of you concern but SOMETHING MUST BE DONE and we can no longer wait till everyone else is ready the Sovereign are already inside the village once more... Reach out with the Ancient side of yourself and you will notice their presence as well... 2 of us will remain here to accept the judgment of the Last Sunahoshi... The time of Reckoning is fast upon us all... )) The Senju Overlord would receive the message but he would move or say anything in return. If he was the sole recipient of it then it was ridiculous to have any response at all. But as one of the paths was having a mental exchange of words with Reaper, the other one and Roku were quite near of initiating a trade of blows. Sensing the urgency in stopping what could be a catastrophe, the Occult Sennin would unleash a series of wooden tendrils that would attempt to constrict both men and prevent a fight from breaking out. At the same time, the newly appointed Kazekage would also attempt to move between both individuals and further deter any physical hostilities.

"Enough." the White Wolf would command them, even though he had no real authority over them. "The Daimyo will be laughing the moment he realizes what is going on inside this room. Are we here together to prevent Sunagakure's downfall and overcome the threats in front of us? Or are we here to facilitate the Daimyo's victory? Because if we keep this infighting that we have, we are just hastening our defeat. I am not ready to lay my weapons down and surrender to him, but we cannot proceed with such disunity or we will fail." the Deep Court Hybrid would warn them all. Was he one of the reasons for such lack of unity, of course he was, but he was going to his best in turning this situation around. "Every individual in this room represents this village's top military leaders. The people of our village look up to us as role models, as examples to be followed. We are giving them a very poor one right now."
|[legend="[[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qMBans8jyM][b][u]Deep Court Omen[/u][/b][/url]]"]
x0xsld.jpg

sand_sennin.gif
[/legend][/col]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akuma Kuro would take a knee before Katsuo as he spoke. ”Lord Katsuo I wish you no dishonor, nor do I wish you ill. I have had dealings with both Mikaboshi in years past, and lastly Mother Suna. I once gave of myself to heal his faux body given to him by Sousuke and in doing so I saw some of his memories but above all else I witnessed his honor. So I know it took a great deal to cause him to have spite for Sousuke. Yet he did, then he claimed to have slain you and taken your body for his own. I was never certain but I refused to believe you would fall so easily as I had borne witness to your battle with the Cabal’s agents before the Sundering. I also was granted substantial changes to my soul and physiology by Mother Suna in a pact to keep her from harming Sousuke. I learned of some of her reasons and experienced much of her memories of being scorned. The combined rage and unjust treatment of two Ancient Lords has been running rampant within my multi-faceted soul. It has built up and grown twelve fold due to my demonic ancestry and the bindings upon my ancestor. So much so I can no longer simply tolerate Roku’s insistence that I am the source of all the village’s problems. As far as my need to die, I do indeed feel the need to give of myself to rectify this disaster. The difference is, I have five lives to give whereas you have the precious and most rare ONE. I for one am happy you have returned even as the black sands within me threaten to rampage I would never dishonor you by allowing you to see me at my worst.”<i></i>

Summoner Kuro smiled brightly relieved of a burden he had been carrying far too long as he corrected Sennin Roku’s assessment. ”I think I see the actual difference between us and a major source of disorder. You seem to have a hearing disorder, I never said you were a failure. I never said you weren’t good at what you do. I felt your blows through Shouki’s blood magic so I am well aware of our physical differences. WHAT I SAID TO YOU IS I MAKE NO EXCUSES FOR MY ACTIONS. I then asked if you could say the same. I made a statement about whatever you would consider your failures because I honestly don’t know of any but I also don’t know of any good deeds outside of Barnyx and Shouki. I would honor your deeds were you not like every other villager seeking to blame me for their woes simply because I exist. YOUR WORDS seem to be just like those of the people whom don’t know what really happens on the forefront and are set to lay blame upon the first face they see. Which is usually mine. I never asked for the dojo to be the gates of the city. I never asked to be the blame for every incursion or loss of life and even on occasion the saving of lives. Yes, I have had people actually complain to me about saving them and telling me they were better off dead. So, consider my thoughts on your constant derision as a source of irritation that has until these past few months been bearable. I was blood sworn to guard Sunagakure before I was even born so SELF PROCLAIMED from your lips IS ANOTHER personal opinion that is of course wrong, that in and of itself is not a failure. MY Ancestors swore an oath to the FIRST MEN with demon blood that invokes a binding. A binding that was only recently released when another better suited to the times made herself available. I have had NO EGO until the powers I wielded changed with the world and the loss of Ancients and kindred alike. I have only taken a stand against every accusation when some idiots FOOLISHLY ASSAULTED MY OWN DAUGHTER!! I have had to send her away. I have had to watch my second wife leave for her own safety and sanity. I have had to send my sisters to their own private baronies. My mother and father are currently going to another realm to live amongst the contract beings.
EVERYTHING I HAVE KNOWN HAS BEEN TWISTED, TORN ASUNDER, BLOWN UP, POISONED, QUESTIONED, LIED ABOUT, ATTACKED, and ACCUSED.
SO LET’S JUST GET THIS FIXED RIGHT NOW ROKU.
Either shut up or find a real job to do I was Anbu before you ever existed and I assure you I did the job with words far better than you are doing right now.
Since you know so much about me and I know so little about you why don't you simply tell me.
Let us try and RESOLVE WHAT OUR MOUTHS CANNOT BECAUSE IT OBVIOUS THERE IS SOMETHING IN YOUR BRAIN THAT MISCONSTRUES EVERY WORD AND EVERY DEED FROM ME AS SOME SORT OF SLIGHT AGAINST YOU.
MY PATIENCE WITH ADULTS THAT ARE ACTUALLY CHILDREN IN DISGUISE LIKE YOU IS AT AN END. Just to be clear my last sixteen words WERE a slight!
The next thing you hear will be sound of me leaving the area.
I guarantee YOU WILL NOT MISUNDERSTAND THAT! ”
<i></i>

Black Sand would spill forth from the darkest runes on Summoner Kuro’s body as he was now beholden to the rage of Suna itself rampaging within his multifaceted soul. Like a game of roulette with only 6 cubbies a spin of the wheel had ended and the ball of wrath had landed on number four.

Kuro would hear Kazuki's words and the rage would quell for a moment as the scorn of Mother Suna subsided ever so briefly as Kazuki's logic made all the more sense The Daimyo was the one whom their rage should be directed at.

The black sand would drift away and with it Mother Suna's innate scorn which she had cursed Kuro with in order to keep Sousuke safe from her. Summoner Kuro would lower his head in shame and nod to Roku. "Forgive me Anbu Sennin Roku, but your words incite a rage in me that I have had a hard time controlling over the past few months. You speak like the idiot villagers whom complain about everything, food, protection, medical procedures. Life saving measures are disregarded and then they attack my children so believe me when I tell you I have a very real reason for my hatred of all these circumstances but on some level you ROKU do not deserve my ire so I apologize for any perceived or intended slights. I don't expect you to understand or respect me BUT YOU WILL LEAVE MY FAMILY ALONE AND THAT IS YOUR FINAL WARNING ANBU SENNIN ROKU."<i></i>

The remaining avatars of Kuro would be teleported away leaving only Akuma Kuro the most stable. The only one not consumed by the innate wrath of an Ancient scorned.

Akuma Kuro would apologize to everyone even Roku. Kazuki and Katsuo would have some knowledge of the energies that Kuro's avatars were struggling to deal with. Without the dark chakra links Kuro once had destroyed by the passing of time and changes in leylines. Kuro's original source of channeling was gone and his bodies were acting as new routes of energy and failing bit by bit as Akuma Kuro directed all the negative chakra back into himself to let it merge with his demon blood.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 3: 'Be Humble Pt.2'| Arc said:
[col]There wouldn't be a rebuttal. The poor excuse of a "border sennin" would be allow his final yelps. The thought of the braggadocios, long winded, preachy cat man as an ANBU, and one that was more successful than himself, almost caused him to die out laughing. Instead he would merely chuckle a bit to himself. It would seem, however, that Roku's provocation for an actual fight would fall on deaf ears as the kitten man would merely continue to run his mouth. It seemed that with age the fight in the man cat had finally dwindled. That was fine, it showed that the ex-Sennin wasn't as dumb as he sounded. Even he, the great Kuro, had to have known a fight with him would have been the final nail in coffin. It would be best for the beast boy to keep running his mouth to live on the hero he believed himself to be.

Rolling his eyes he would turn back to the others of the room.

"Now that..."

He would glance at the one remaining Kuro.

"...most of the fat has been cut, can we actually focus on the task at hand? Next steps..."

He would turn his eyes to the apparent new Kazekage.

"...what do you want done?"

He didn't have the patience to play the "everyone let's be friends" games that Sousuke wanted to play, nor did he have the energy to expend to play Kazuki's game of "kiss everyone ass because was are all equal and great". He just wanted to get to the job that needed to be done. The job that had been sidetracked for far too long; taking down the Daimyo.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:

|
tumblr_maps9ewbyp1r72ht7o1_500_by_dbheroes-d8d0nj4.gif
[legend="[img]http://i.imgur.com/WSBLHAP.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/d1AN2WH.png[/img]"]

Name: Roku
Epithet:
Height: 6'2"
Build: Muscular
Eyes: Red
Blood Type: O Negative
Personal Data
[/spoiler]Fight DataMood Music X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed like they were done arguing for the time being as Roku called for them to move on to the next order of business. Kuro had resigned his commission as Sand Sennin and that was a whole mess of things that Katsuo had to unravel but there had been more to the reason that he'd asked Sousuke to call in the sennin of the village of Sunagakure. Originally he'd had a plan for all four of them but with Kuro having quit... well. That left one of the four out of the equation for the time being. He didn't know this Aikayume Azusa that Kuro wanted to succeed him in his position and he couldn't rightfully sign an order to give a trusted sennin position to a woman he didn't know... and he especially could not give to her what he was about to give to the other three men in front of him.

"Out of respect for your past wisdom and service, I'll take your suggestion for Azusa under advisement Kuro but I won't make a decision before I've met her." He explained to the former border sennin. And that was all he would say on the matter. He respected the service that Kuro had given to Sunagakure in the past but no amount of past valor or courage could sway Katsuo into giving such a position of power to someone he simply had never met.

He then turned his attention to the remaining men in the room.

"As I've explained, this is a move to raise morale with our people. Right now we need visible stability and strength more than anything. Let me be clear with those of you in the room who are less familiar with the political climate in Wind Country: there is no scenario where we defeat Ishii Shiro while he has the support of the rest of Wind Country."

Katsuo was not a man for politics but he understood them better than perhaps he generally let on and on top of that Mikaboshi had spent a surprising amount of time educating himself on what made the political structure of Wind Country click. Strictly speaking the daimyo did not "rule" Wind Country. He was not a king nor did he possess any real authority given to him by a court or the people. He ruled through the silent consent of the masses and the support of the merchant houses which feared him too much to resist him. The report that Michi had compiled about the Sovereign Academy and Shiro's regime detailed exactly how the daimyo had come to power over the course of the last two decades through a combination of political machination, subterfuge and foul play. He enriched those that agreed with him, threatened those that he could intimidate and exterminated anyone else that didn't fall into the latter two categories such as the late Kazekage, Sunahoshi Hiro. The daimyo had known that Sunagakure would have resisted his bid for power in Wind Country and that knowledge had been the driving factor behind the many plays he'd orchestrated against them. The Diamond Maelstrom, the Plague Wars, the Cabal Occupation and now the Sovereign Academy. All turning wheels in the machine of fear and violence that the daimyo had used to usurp control of the Wind Country from the various sovereign powers which had formerly made up the country. He was a king in all but official title because of not just his actions but the fear that those actions engendered in those that might otherwise have resisted him.

But two parties could play that game.

"He has almost complete control of the country but that's only because the bulk of the population which could do anything about it is too afraid of the repercussions of resisting him. If we can make a show of our own resistance, others will join us. Ishii Shiro has arranged things so that the fear of his wrath is an effective method of control but we can take that weapon away from him. Theatricality is a powerful weapon and we can use that to our advantage as well."

He'd thought long and hard about this. It was a memory that he barely recalled, a scrap of information at the back of his mind which had bubbled up from the recesses of his mind during his recovery in the Omni-Prime hospital wing; a legend about the ancient leaders of Sunagakure and those that served as his eyes, ears and will in the land. There hadn't always been ANBU and Medical branches of shinobi in Wind Country just as there hadn't always been shinobi. In the days of the fledgling Sunagakure, the city had been organized by the three Orders: Ranger, Journeymen and Oracles with the Kazekage at the head of it all to lead it. But in addition to those offices there were four pillars which stood to hold everything up which were known as the Four Winds of the King.

They were Death, War, Famine and Pestilence.

Grim names, to be sure. But they were grim names because their positions were of a grim vocation. They were not loyal to any of the three Orders or their leaders, rather they answered directly to the Kazekage and were as his will in any situation which they were involved in. When the time had come to remove the threat of Mikaboshi from looming over Sunagakure, it had been to the Four Winds that the then Kazekage Sunahoshi Nori had trusted in to see it done.

"I intend to revive the Four Winds of the King." He wondered how much meaning that would have for those standing in his presence. Sousuke would almost certainly recognize the name as he'd been raised in the stories and traditions of their families for many years. A handful of the Takahashi name had served as members of the Four Winds over the years themselves. Kuro too would almost certainly know what Katsuo was proposing as he was a member of the Oracles. Roku and Kazuki... Katsuo didn't know either of them well enough to know if the name would hold any significance for them. Roku was a martial artist in the same way Katsuo was, a man after his own heart really, and likely didn't have time or interest to study old stories but it was possible that Roku would surprise him. Similarly, even though Kazuki was by accounts a man who was generally well-informed he had been born a foreigner and it was possible he'd never come across the legend itself.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke was silent and merely took in the details of some reveals. Kuro had made a deal with Mother Suna to keep her from harming Sousuke. Something did not feel quite right in that. Sousuke's metallic fingers rubbed together as he was concerned. What other deals were being brokered without him knowing about them? It stood to make sense that when Mother Suna was his secretary that she did not take any offensive actions against him, but it was irksome to some degree. She knew his daily routines, and she knew his resources. Then she had disappeared altogether due to an injury? That was concerning. Was it because she fought Katuso? No. The time wasn't right. This was sometime before. A mystery to be solved for another day. Katuso had told him not to raise arms against her, and he would indeed not do so. Yet doubt was something present in his mind for a flickering moment as Sousuke would work to put it out of his mind. He needed to, least it consume his mind and become a consistent worry at work.

Katuso accepted Kuro's resignation, but he would not permit Azusa to become sennin. Given the description they had been given by Roku it was very much the best move to do in this situation. If Azusa was hyper violent ... then it would be like giving the sennin position to someone like Akkuma who Sousuke tolerated not by his own choice but due to political necessity. Katuso continued to speak and gave them a very blunt situation. They could not win the war against Shiro if they were fighting him alone, they needed more. Sousuke spoke of this once to Katuso about particular fringe groups he was helping out with. He spoke of theatricality as a weapon, it was something Sousuke had not considered. Most of his battles with the Daimyo were done in the night under the cover and the secrecy of the shadows. Sousuke had his own methods for dealing with the Daimyo. Most of it was bleeding down and whittling his resources. The forces of Shiro did not know who or what was attacking them, and that was to keep Sungakure safe.

When Katuso spoke of reviving the four winds, something strange occurred. Sousuke's eyes widened quite visibly. He knew of the Four Winds, he knew what they could do and what they had done. Pestilence had been the one to put together the technology to seal Mikaboshi in his own weapon. Suffice to say, Sousuke was concerned. "That's ... t-that's.."<i></i> Sousuke stuttered, perhaps for one of the few times in his life. "That's sending a very strong message not only to the Daimyo but to Ancients and the country itself. Deeds speak louder than words, this I know, but history ... has importance."<i></i> Sousuke did not have the ability or the right to call upon the formation of the Four Winds. It was something only a Sunahoshi could do as Sousuke was bound by tradition. Sousuke would look to Roku, then to Kazuki, and then to Kuro. For a moment Sousuke considered reminding Roku who they were, he didn't thought. This was not the same Roku from the holiday parties years ago. This was a Roku who had done away with the long hair to catch the ladies, or the Roku who drank heavily and partied accordingly. He would turn to Kazuki to explain how it worked out. "Those individuals to hold those positions are to be chosen by the Kazekage like in times past, and not elected by nobles or the people."<i></i> Katuso was already a different sort of individual, but would be break tradition or would he continue with it?

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Black Omen
sand_sennin.gif

It would seem their meeting was taking a turn for the better. The most important things that were paramount to remember for the future was Kuro’s resignation as Sennin for Sunagakure and Roku’s animosity with everyone that was not like him, thus Kazuki and the Toraono Warlord, specifically Kuro. In the end, it did not matter who liked who because the only thing that was important was Sunagakure’s safety. As long as they got the job done, the Senju Overlord did not care if they were best friends or barely tolerated each other.

”Out of respect for your past wisdom and service, I’ll take your suggestion for Azusa under advisement Kuro but I won’t make a decision before I’ve met her.” Katsuo would explain. It was a logical solution and the best course of action he really had. Selecting a new Sennin without knowing the individual could represent a big liability and a major mistake if, said individual, did not place the village on top of his own interests. He also didn’t know the priestess all that well thus he could not vouch for her, even if he could have any desire to do so. ”As I’ve explained, this is a move to raise morale with our people. Right now we need visible stability and strength more than anything. Let me be clear with those of you in the room who are less familiar with the political climate in Wind Country: there is no scenario where we defeat Ishii Shiro while he has the support of the rest of Wind Country. He has almost complete control of the country but that’s only because the bulk of the population which could do anything about it is too afraid of the repercussions of resisting him. If we can make a show of our own resistance, others will join us. Ishii Shiro has arranged things so that the fear of his wrath is an effective method of control but we can take that weapon away from him. Theatricality is a powerful weapon and we can use that to our advantage as well.” the last Sunahoshi would declare. The Deep Court Hybrid understood what he meant and he knew how much power one could get from it, but he had no idea of what he was aiming for. He would have to wait and see if Katsuo was going to reveal what his plan was. ”I intend to revive the Four Winds of the King.”

”That’s … t-that’s…” Sousuke would stutter upon hearing Katsuo’s proclamation about reviving the Four Winds. Reaper saw no reason for stuttering, in fact, he had never heard the former Kazekage failing in his speech just like now. Being a foreigner, he was baffled regarding what he had just heard, since he had no knowledge of the legends around that specific group. But even if he had knowledge about them, he probably wouldn’t react like the Takahashi Highlord had. ”That’s sending a very strong message not only to the Daimyo but to Ancients and the country itself. Deeds speak louder than words, this I know, but history… has importance.” the cyborg in the room would declare.

The White Wolf would notice as Sousuke eyed each person in the room, exception being the newly appointed Kazekage, his gaze lingering more on Roku than anyone else. Ultimately, he would focus on the Shadow Sword. ”Those individuals to hold these positions are to be chosen by the Kazekage like in times past, and not elected by nobles or the people.” he would share. The Occult Sennin would nod. ”A similar system to how the Sennins are chosen then.” he would note. Sousuke, the then Kazekage, had selected his Sennins, which was exactly what the former Kazekage had described for this Four Winds thing. The Death Court Lord would shift his gaze from the Takahashi Highlord to the last Sunahoshi. ”I have no idea of what these Four Winds are or what they are capable of, but, if you think they will give us an edge, I do not see a reason to not go forward with this. Considering you summoned us here and are now telling us that, I believe you have either two options going on your mind. You either want our opinion on who should be selected for that position or you want to select us all as your Four Winds.” Kazuki would declare what was a logical conclusion to his mind. Was he correct or was he wrong?

[MFT - 748]​

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro smiled at the freedom of removal from station. Now his actions would not be seen as an extension of Sunan policy. With his family scattered to the winds and no one besides Sousuke remaining in need of protection he could actually focus instead of trying to be everywhere at once. "Thank you for your consideration and I would expect nothing less. As far as taking on the Daimyo with the four winds I believe Azusa can help you with that as well. I have passed onto her every combat tactic of the Toraono Clan for the past five hundred years. Despite whatever investigation may be needed SHE is the future of those not descended from the First Men. I will return to the Oracle Library and research any rituals you may need. Now that I am no longer a Sennin I am free from the constraints of always guarding a village that has shown it does not want me or my kindred around unless they are cute and female as it were. Sousuke, I know you will find your own path. Although mother will beat me for saying it you never really needed me to watch over you. You may need an ear to bounce ideas off of though and as such try using your headset since my dark seals aren't functional and when your arm was severed originally so was my original tracking link. Now if everyone will excuse me I have some scrolls to organize and some weapons to maintain. Since what is left of my home is still the gateway to Sunagakure I may as well make sure all of our catapults, mechina, puppets, and traps are ready. Last but not least Lord Katsuo, I will attain the services of a Hunter for you someone whom can research and track down things that you will need. Sousuke should have the Armor of Primus stored somewhere, as the lord you should have the sword already. All that is required now is a special steed and barrier shield. Should you wish it I can track down one of those SPECIAL steeds."<i></i>

So much to get done, so little time but freedom from hatred had its price and its blessings. Kuro would accept both. Akuma Kuro would calmly await his dismissal from the Kazekage's presence or whatever duties he would need handled.

WC: 370
MFT

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
His eyes would almost roll through his head at the notion that the rambling of the lunatic cat man was still being regarded as something of merit. It would seem this new Kage's first Sennin appointment would be a great determining factor on if Roku would ultimately entrust his life to this man. Disappointment was expected.

"Four winds, three rocks... all of it sounds better than other suggestions, I suppose."

With the beast man finally making his official exit, a process that took longer than the conversation they were supposed to be having, he could finally turn all of his attention to the meeting. The merits of chosen Kazekages because of special bloodlines, the myths of Ancients and other elemental monsters and more or less the entirety of mythos that laid the foundations for Sunagakure's lore was never of interest to him. All of it seemed like the basis for insane people, like a Kuro, to hold a position of power under the merit of their bedtime stories. Even with Ancients becoming something much more real to him, the vast majority of the stories of old fell on deaf ears of him. He cared about the present and the future. The past, and those around him's fixation on it and its adherence, was always that nagging feeling that continued to push him towards madness. Maybe this is why he could never see eye-to-eye with someone like Kuro, who couldn't breathe without mumbling some ritualistic prayer to ancestors or the likes.

"So how will the Winds of Change help us?"

Mikaboshi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The reactions to his statement were as expected. Sousuke was incredulous and Kuro had some input on Azusa taking a position within the Four Winds as well. Katsuo bowed his head towards Kuro's offer in thanks but said nothing else as he let the proclaimation that he'd made settle in. Neither Kazuki nor Roku seemed to know or perhaps appreciate the gravity of what Katsuo had said and that was fine. He expected that Kazuki wouldn't know given that he was not from Sunagakure and Roku did not strike him as the type to have been particularly invested in the idea of ancient legends. Katsuo had been a similar way before coming to Sunagakure and more or less finding himself up to his eyeballs in ancient legends.

"So how will the Winds of Change help us?"

"I've been thinking a lot about this since I had Mikaboshi kicking around in my brain. For all of the trouble he caused during that time, he left me with a lot of things that I'd never really given a lot of thought to before. Strategy and politics. That kind of stuff. So let's talk grand strategy."

This was uncharted waters for Katsuo. Before his unwilling possession at the hands of the Lord of the Deep Court, Katsuo would never have understood the difference between military strategy and grand strategy. They'd have been synonymous to him when in reality the difference was all too important to them right now. Up until now they'd been dealing with their conflict with the daimyo through conventional means-- through military strategy. The way Sousuke was hitting human trafficking caravans, their scouting and investigations into the Sovereign Academy, even the small scale military skirmishes they'd had against the Sovereign. All of that fell under the classification of military strategy. To contrast, grand strategy existed as the highest level of planning. It was the level at which one decided the direction of their nation to pursue a goal or end game and that was what Katsuo was doing now. For all of the suffering Mikaboshi had inflicted on those present in the room, this understanding of the minutia of politics and military direction was something that Katsuo could likely never pay back to the insidious King Under the Sands.

"Right now we are fighting a war of reputation. Our opponent calls himself daimyo but really what we are facing is a united front of the remainder of Wind Country, with a few notable exceptions. The narrative that's been pushed against us is that we were a threat to Wind Country and he's freed them from us." Katsuo knew that Sousuke had a few allies within the merchant houses of Soon's Haven and then there were the desert tribes to be considered. The tribes like the Masashi had never bowed to the authority of a king which was not Primus before and would certainly not do so now even if the daimyo threatened their way of life. "We know he keeps control of the various factions in Wind Country through a mixture of political pressure and fear of his agents and we also know that there isn't a lot of actual loyalty towards him. He rules because he's convinced everyone that he's defeated us and that scares them. If we can present a strong alternative to the tyranny of the present regime, others will join our cause."

Katuso leaned forward on his hands as he spoke which were propped up with his elbows on his knees.

"But the key to that is looking the part and that brings us back around to grand strategy. I don't need any more proof that you guys are heroes. You're some of the strongest around but we need to be more than that if we're going to win this war. So as I take the position of Kazekage, I need you with me up there playing the part. The Four Winds of the King were considered legendary heroes in the past and those names still mean something to a lot of the folks in Wind who's families go back far enough. Together we present a symbol of strength that can't be refuted by the daimyo. The best he can say is that we aren't real and that we're fakes but as soon as we start pushing back that hurts him in the long run."

Leaning back in his chair, Katsuo looked over to the cane which he had with him a little wistfully-- a look of momentary thoughtfulness crossing his features. It wasn't regret,
really. He didn't regret saving Suna's life. What he lamented was that he wasn't able to truly fight alongside them anymore. In becoming a symbol for the nation he could put on a proud and sturdy face and pretend that they were strong but that's about the best he could do for now.

"Really if I thought about it, Kuro's idea of a formal duel isn't a bad one-- it's just too soon for it. Right now the daimyo has no reason to accept and put everything on the line. We'd need to push him to a point where he would need to make a statement about the strength of his own regime and then give him the opportunity by putting one of us in the ring with him personally. I don't know if he can fight but it'd be a lot better than wagering a bunch of lives on a siege of Sora or something."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kuro was putting alot of stock in Azusa. It was perhaps not overly reassuring that she was in the eyes of Roku a criminal. It did not stand well that she was also a person who harmed Kyuji who was one of the higher up medical ninja. It seemed odd that Kuro would push for someone who had physically harmed another household that Kuro was supportive of. Was there civil war brooding within the Toraono dojo? It was a very strange thing, and seeming Kuro was not going to be addressing any of it? The more Kuro went on the more it seemed like ... he was going to be straight up retiring? The last thing he said caused Sousuke's eyes to raise. Wait -- what? He had the armour of Primus? ""I've tried to re-create the armour of Primus, but to straight up say that I have it is ... rather misleading."<i></i> He spoke to clarify the matter. How close was Sousuke to truly re-creating the armour.

Roku would question how the four Winds were going to be helping them. Katuso would answer the question. Katuso wanted them to become legendary heroes. It was a role that Sousuke was capable of identifying with, if anything it was Primus himself that had come to mind. It was certainly a tall order and something that would require a different outlook on things. Katuso had expressed the notion that they were going to be the Four Winds, they numbered three. "Who would become which of the Four Winds, and we do seem to have a vacant seat at the moment ... do you have anyone else in mind?"<i></i> Sousuke would inquire of Katuso. There was a lingering concern on the edge of Sousuke's mind, which of the Four Winds would he be assigned to become? One of them had a very particular bit of bad history with Mikaboshi and was instrumental in his imprisonment. It was the Steward's place not to question the Kazekage in his decisions. Katuso was not used to the role, as he had only acquired it not twenty minutes ago. He needed all the support he needed, and that is what Sousuke was going to give him.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Table Title
”I’ve been thinking a lot about this since I had Mikaboshi kicking around in my brain. For all of the trouble he caused during that time, he left me with a lot of things that I’d never really given a lot of thought to before. Strategy and politics. That kind of stuff. So let’s talk grand strategy.”<i></i> the Kazekage would declare before he began sharing his plan for the future. ”Right now we are fighting a war of reputation. Our opponent calls himself Daimyo but really what we are facing is a united front of the remainder of Wind Country, with a few notable exceptions. That narrative that’s been pushed against us is that we are a threat to Wind Country and he’s freed them from us. We know he keeps control of the various factions in Wind Country through a mixture of political pressure and fear of his agents and we also know that there isn’t a lot of actual loyalty towards him. He rules because he’s convinced everyone that he’s defeated us and that scares them. If we can present a strong alternative to the tyranny of the present regime, others will join our cause.”<i></i> At this point, the last Sunahoshi would lean forward before continuing. ”But the key to that is looking the part and that bring us back around to grand strategy. I don’t need any more proof that you guys are heroes. You’re some of the strongest around but we need to be more than that if we’re going to win this war. So as I take the position of Kazekage, I need you with me up there playing the part. The Four Winds of the King were considered legendary heroes in the past and those names still mean something to a lot of the folks in Wind who’s families go back far enough. Together we present a symbol of strength that can’t be refuted by the Daimyo. The best he can say is that aren’t real and that we’re fakes but as soon as we start pushing back that hurts him in the long run. ”<i></i> The new Kazekage would then lean backwards before finishing addressing them. ”Really if I thought about it, Kuro’s idea of a formal duel isn’t a bad one—it’s just too soon for it. Right now the Daimyo has no reason to accept and put everything on the line. We’d need to push him to a point where he would need to make a statement about the strength of his own regime and then give him the opportunity by putting one of us in the ring with him personally. I don’t know if he can fight but it’d be a lot better than wagering a bunch of lives on a siege of Sora or something.”<i></i>[lb2][/lb2]

”Who would become which of the Four Winds, and we do seem to have a vacant seat at the moment… do you have anyone else in mind?”<i></i> Sousuke would inquire his new leader. Kazuki was oblivious about what these Four Winds were and what they represented to the people of the Wind Country. Yes, Katsuo had told him they were legendary figures of Sunagakure’s lore, but for the Senju Overlord, that still equated to nothing. The people of Wind were too mired in tradition. It did not mean the people of Fire cared little for the past, because the past was always important, but they were not as bound by it as his current coworkers were. As the former Kazekage spoke, the White Wolf would slowly walk toward the window, he would place his hands behind his back as he wondered what was going to happen and the possible implications of what Katsuo was trying to do.[lb2][/lb2]

”I have heard you speaking about the Four Winds and that they are figures of legend and they might send a big message to the Daimyo. But neither has explained what they really are. Were the Four Winds back then, what we Sennin are today? Sousuke has questioned which of the Four Winds we will become, what does that mean? Each one has a different title? If so, what are those titles? What makes one adequate to receive one of those titles assuming they are different?”<i></i> the Shadow Sword would issue a series of inquiries without turning around to face his friends. There were a lot of unknowns going around and Reaper was a man that worked less efficiently without knowing as much as possible. He valued knowledge and knew its importance in the short and long term. ”I agree with you by the way. It is high time we respond to the Daimyo. We have lost more than we have won and it is time for the people of this country to know they are not alone in this struggle. That there is still hope, no matter how meager it might be. That we are not the monsters we are being painted as and that are fighting for our and their freedom. Yes, the odds are unsurmountable but we thrive in such adverse conditions and we will conquer him. I have lost my home once and I will not lose a second. I do not care what I have to do but I will not let him succeed. Where I failed first, I will not falter now.”<i></i> the Occult Sennin would them. He had told the Takahashi Highlord before they had to strike back or the free people of Wind would lose their faith in the shinobi of Sunagakure and, whatever allies they could gather, would continue to diminish. It would seem their situation had become so desperate they were now willing to follow his advice.[lb2][/lb2]

”Sousuke. What did you tell Katsuo about me? If is to appoint me as one of his Four Winds, I want him to know the truth about what I am. Besides knowing I am a shinobi that was born in Konohagakure and whose allegiance to Leaf cannot be severed, only lessened.”<i></i> the Deep Court Hybrid would question his friend. If they were to work as a cohesive unit, trust needed to exist and having things, such as Kazuki’s nature hidden, would kill that needed trust. The new Kazekage deserved to know he had one man, as Sennin, that was not entirely human. Ironically, just like Sousuke used to have an Ancient as Sennin.[lb2][/lb2]​
[lb2][/lb2]
[MFT - 1062]</TD>
<TD td0="null" td1="1">[td=null,1]Freedom Fighters
x0xsld.jpg
[lb][/lb]
Senju Kazuki – Occult Sennin[lb][/lb]
sand_sennin.gif

[tbody]
[/tbody]

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro would quietly slip away lest his wrath inspired by the remnants of Mother Suna reared its head again. Kuro was certain that Katsuo would stand strong again. He didn't need his help to do so, such was the power inherent in simply being the Kazekage. There were a great many things that needed to be done and he had said his piece and his resignation had been accepted. The only stumbling block left was to reduce the Toraono Clan's impact on Sunagakure. Being blamed for everything and then adding insult to injury by having powerful idiots like Roku reinforce every nasty jab the people of the village had truly soured Kuro. Azusa had freed him of his burden as Guardian but she could not remove the stain of disappointment or disillusionment that the people of his own village had fostered upon him. There was little left to do besides go into hiding, his parents were safe and his sisters all hidden. Now only his children remained in the open and NO ONE WOULD DARE TOUCH THEM NOW because NOW Kuro did not need to be a diplomat or broker peace. Peace would come with the headless corpses of those that even thought to harm those he loved. Kuro had known it was suicidal to seek the Daimyo's head but for the Daimyo to know that his head could be taken was the point. When you have assaulted and insulted a people an act of terrorism is not what is required. The correct response is to utterly destroy the cause of the issue in a public manner.

Kuro would digress as he left the chamber relieved he did not fly into a rage and beat Roku to a pulp.
Sighing, Kuro would leave the others to their thoughts and plans. They knew where he was if they truly needed him or at least Kazuki would know.

Topic Left

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Legendary heroes. Kazuki's oddity and the general annoyance that he was at times. Sousuke being Sousuke. Kuro finally fleeing fully. No questions were being answered and the migraine that was starting to set in, whether it was an actual migraine or just a stress induced throbbing in his head didn't really matter. If nothing else was clear, because at this point not much was, it was this; these people were going to be the death of him.

Opening his mouth preparing to snap at his question about the 6 Rivers never getting answered, he would pause as Kazuki would cover that question. This was the duality that he saw in his fellow Sennin; half the time he was generally okay and the other half of the time the words that came out of his mouth made him want to ram his first straight through his skull. Yet, he had made strides to keep this alliance from diminishing. If he could avoid having to curb stomp another Sennin like he would need to do with Kuro, it would be for the best.

Closing his mouth he would merely sit there and await a proper explanation of what the 5 Trees were all about. Hopefully it would be entertaining if nothing else.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back