Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

WHEN AT THE DINNER TABLE [Semi-open, pm to enter]

Kazehi Ryu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryu had brought home a particular file, more out of honest curiosity than any sort of negative intentions. He had been reading up on the blonde haired boy, Kappatsu Tomatsu. Strange name, decent scores, overall he had some decent potential as a member of the village. He was only a Chuunin, but it seemed he had an interesting trait. The kid was like Ryu but didn't seem to have any external markings from a violent confrontation. He had skimmed through the medical record and it gave Ryu a bit to chew on, quite a bit actually.

He made a huge pot of white rice, two platters of grilled rabbit and deer meat along with leeks and slices of ginger, the entire house smelled of well seasoned meat and vegetables; he'd rolled up some carrots, celery, and a bit of fish in rice and seaweed to be a cold entree for the several kids he was going to be hosting. Ryu surveyed his house, it was well lit right now and the rice paper screens depicting vivid nature scenes were the most color in the wall that divided the barely furnished living room, aside from the dark wooden table that held a cramped five spaces marked for people to sit, the dark woven rug was the only thing to actually soften the grey stone all around them even though it was mostly brown with grey whorls. The front door of the house stood open so anyone passing by would see the entry foyer of the home and smell the feast that had been cooked up, there was a slight level difference between the platform and the home inside, but to the right of the foyer was a stone rack for shoes to be placed inside it, one pair being Ryu's and the other being his daughter, Shizuko's.

All in all it might have been cramped for a family larger than three, but it was a comfortable sort of atmosphere that radiated from the home. It had been made well by his mother and father, and now it was maintained by Ryu who'd inherited the home. Nodding in satisfaction, the man set out five clay cups and a kettle of steaming green tea; beside that the large plate of the 'sushi' rolls would go beside that with a cover on it so the rice wouldn't dry out by the time everyone got settled.

Kazehi Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ren had ran all the way to her parents once she had split ways with Reizo. Out of breath she shouted to her parents that Ryu wanted her to come over for dinner and to not expect her until late. After throwing her bag onto her bed she whipped her head back and forth for a moment looking for an appropriate outfit to wear. Comfortable but nice looking, seeing as this was just a family dinner, well....Tomatsu and Reizo added.

Grabbing the dusky pink outfit that she had bought the day she had met Reizo, and that was quickly turning into her favorite go to outfit, she quickly washed her face, braided her hair and ran out the door after changing. She had to remember to tell Ryu the good news, and really it wasn't like it would be a secret for too long so might as well announce it to the entire dinner party once everyone arrived. Just slip it into conversation in the middle of the meal. Yeah. That works. She nodded to herself as she slowed down and walked up to the open doorway and called inside.

"Ryuuuuuu? I'm here!" She kicked her shoes off of her feet and piled them haphazardly to the side.

Taking in a deep she sighed dreamily as she thought about the food that was to be eaten. Once everyone got there. Her stomach growled loudly and she laughed.

"So! What ah. Did ya want to. Talk about?" She asked as she skidded into the kitchen, rubbing the back of her neck nervously. There was no use in hoping he would forget about it, she had known him long enough to know that wouldn't fly. If he had something he wanted to discuss, by darn he was going to discuss it no matter what tactics she tried to deploy to avoid it.

Kazehi Ryu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryu was picking through and sorting chopsticks into pairs when Ren blasted into the house. Well, not really blasted but he was certain the girl would be heard on the next platform over. "Welcome, please come in." His voice was as solemn as ever while he continued sorting out until he had five pairs lined up for people to take that would go with the five earthenware plates that food would be stacked on. All of it might have been meager, but there was enough that five could eat and there would be enough left of some of it for one more helping! He checked the plates for cracks and chips as he pulled them out, pausing to turn slightly and look Ren over, she was wearing a dusty pink outfit, well matched and she'd even taken a moment to braid her hair and clean up. "You know, getting dressed up hardly makes you look any less suspicious. Along with the red face, the flustering and tripping over yourself." He set the plate down and faced her, one eyebrow climbing slowly. "I'd have to ask you the same question. I'm not your parents, just a cousin, but you are aware that Kappatsu is older than you?" He had stashed the files in his room before making dinner; he didn't like clutter, especially when the clutter was important official documents that needed to not have stains on them. He resumed checking the plates and handed the stack to her. "Table, please." In the mean time, he turned and pulled out the soy sauce he'd cooked the other night, it was nicely chilled and he hadn't exactly expected to use it quite so soon but it would go well with the rice. He would stride over and place it on the table as well, not far from the platter of rolls.

Murakami Reizo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Reizo had skittered off from Ren, easily making it to his house, leaving distracting after images the entire way. He did manage to "speed up" a couple of times on purpose, which pleased him greatly. He dropped his hoodie at home, told his family (with a minor argument, until he explained that he was having dinner with the Tsuchikage and regardless of how they felt on the matter, it would be rude and inappropriate to miss it), and then was back out the door headed for Kazehi Ryu's home. It took him a little while, the boy nearly got lost. Which sounds ridiculous when you think about it for a moment, but, well. It happened.

He caught the scent of food, however, and smiled. Well. Too late to offer to help with making dinner. I would probably be better off talking to him about it after dinner anyways. Or another time... I did not expect Ren to be here as well... he considered this as he followed his nose towards the entry way. He fidgeted a little outside, only for a moment. He knocked (sort of) on the side of the door before he stepped inside, taking his shoes off and placing them neatly on the stone rack, wiggling his toes in his socks.

"Ahm... Hello, Tsuchikage-dono. Hiya again, Ren," the boy said, as he actually stepped inside properly. He took a quick glance around, already finding himself more comfortable in this environment than he was back in his own house. It was a lot more cramped there. There were a lot more people, and a lot more... stuff in general for him to trip over. The simplicity was a nice change, and he didn't bother hiding the faint, pleased smile. As he watched Ryu place the soy sauce on the table.

"Anything I can assist with?"

Kazehi Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She mouth hung open for a moment and she snapped it shut, taking the plates and setting them on the table carefully.

"Well. Yes I am aware, that he is older than me. But I don't know what that has to do with anything. He's just my tutor....right now...." She muttered the last part to herself more than anything else but Ryu could likely have picked up on it. The man wasn't one to let things slip past his radar after all.

She huffed softly and came back into the kitchen, leaning on the counter and looked up at Ryu.

"It's not like I'm going to do anything. Besides." She pokes her fingers together and frowns looking away from her cousin. "Like you said. He's older than me. I'm just a student. It's not like there is anything going on there. I'm hardly his type, at least that's what I assume anyways..."

She blew a errant strand of hair out of her face and pouted softly. She both knew it logically but denied her blossoming crush on Tomatsu, but that didn't mean she needed a meddling old fart all up in her non-existent love life! Even if he was just being the normal big brother she never had while doing so.

She brightened up considerably when Reizo walked in and pushed all other troubling thoughts out of her head to instead greet her friend just as enthusiastically as she had when she had ran into him earlier. Jumping up from her spot at the counter she rushed the poor kid and gave him a big hug before smiling and gesticulating as she started to chatter to both Ryu and Reizo.

"So you met before, obviously it was just earlier today, but Cousin, this is the boy I met when I went shopping the other day. I don't remember if mom told you but I ended up going over for dinner there. Oh and I have news from mom, should I tell you now or when everyone else is here and we're eating dinner. I'm dying to tell you." She bounced in place excitedly as she spoke, all previous glumness gone as if it had evaporated right out of her mind.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
tJco8jP.jpg

"Just breath Tomatsu... You can do this... You can...'t do this!"

It was a slow walk home, but he knew he had to get ready. He put on an all blue attire with golden lining Blue button down, White inner shirt and pants to match said button down. His black boots seemed to be something he never went without... but if he were to die he would definitely die in style then. Wearing comfortable yet midly stylish black dress shoes with golden tassels he'd make his way to the outside of the house. This... was it.

He gulped. Thinking to himself... prying open his heart for a moment. Wondering if he should just leave the village and never come back. If he would just leave it all behind and never take a second glance at his home again. Then her face popped into his head. Was she worth this? Potentially his life? A woman he'd just met. Did she have the tools to pull the strings in his heart to make this all worth the ride? His livelihood. His mind, body and soul. Was he a knave to the inquisition of a foolish infatuation? Would he be burned at the stake for his wrongs?

He would see her face again...

'Gah, damnit. She's worth it.', not that he sounded too happy about it in his head, but what else would he do? He was not a coward. Though faced with this... he even began to see his own true colors. It was... not something he wanted to particularly feel he would question himself for the remainder of his life... Would he be able to look back at himself and say... 'I did a good thing?' Heck no. So with a basket of tomatoes in one hand, and his life in the other he'd stand outside... and finally he'd knock. And even as he knocked... the door would seemingly swing open allowing a grand entrance where he'd be quietly guided to his destination... almost like it was destiny or something.

Standing at the edge of the room he'd sigh finally entering with everyone else, "Uh... Hi?"

Kazehi Ryu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
All he could do was give a skeptical snort at Ren's pale defense, she was flustered just from talking about this and despite her normal pension for rambling, this kind was a tad different than her love of books or intellectual findings. "We will see." He might not have a say in her life, he wasn't her parent after all, but he'd be damned if he let his little cousin be swindled by a..by a...loligagger. It just wasn't done. Besides, he'd wind up speaking with Tomatsu regardless of situation, now he happened to have a couple different topics to bring up beyond the usual business. He looked up and stood as Reizo made his appearance known, turning to face the boy. "Welcome, please come in." He felt as though it was a habit, though he wasn't sure when it formed; the repetitive greeting and welcome into the home was delivered in the same tone he'd said to Ren.

The towering man had opted to actually wear something much less formal, he had a loose fitting, black long-sleeve on that, while it didn't exactly hide his left arm well, it did cover the monstrous appendage down to the wrist at least. The obsidian dark talons gleamed in the light, contrasted by the dark grey stone scales; if anything the hand and talons looked well polished. "No, thank you though. Please, have a seat if you will." He stepped back from the table for a moment, all they were missing was Shizuko, who might be just a bit nervous at the sudden influx of people into the house, and Tomatsu.

One part of this was corrected when the young blonde came in. Ryu looked him over, the kid had dressed up (much like Ren) and looked a touch more conspicuous than he had when they'd met in the halls of the barracks. While amusing, his eyes passed the basket of tomatos, which by all regards seemed maybe a bit cannibalistic, and stopped on Tomatsu's shoes. He read that the kid was nervous, sure, actually it seemed like he was fairly determined to be standing in that exact spot though he might just combust if Ryu so much as sneezed. The man did however, bring his eyes back up to the young man's and raise an eyebrow. "Welcome, please come in." Same deliver, same inflection, but the raised eyebrow was all the weight he might need to get his point across.

Murakami Reizo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Reizo tilted his head to the side very slightly, a mark of interest as she listened to the portion of the conversation between Ryu and Ren he was present for. But, it wasn’t his business, not really, so he made no comment on it, and pretty well let the words go in one ear and out the other. And while he didn’t quite “eep” or jump like last time, the lanky kid did tense visibly when Ren hugged him. It took a moment, but he did (awkwardly) hug the smaller girl back, though not hard and it might have seemed half-hearted coming from anyone but Reizo. He looked to Ryu, offering the Tsuchikage his usual small, slight smile. The comment of news from mom only barely registered to the kid, as he had finally shifted his attention truly to Ryu now. The curious scales and claws had caught his interest rather thoroughly, as he hadn’t seen them at the barracks.

It was intriguing and atypical. The interesting hand seemed well taken care of though, but it took a little time for Reizo to be able to pull his gaze from it. ”Ah...n. I apologize for staring, Tsuchikage-dono…” the words tumbled out in a bit of a rush, and he gave a little bow in apology. He fidgeted slightly, but did as suggested and sat at the table, crosslegged on the floor with his back towards the foyer.

It wasn’t until after Ryu had welcomed Tomatsu that Reizo reacted to the chuunin’s entrance. And it definitely wasn’t in a way anyone would have expected.

The boy’s head rather suddenly turned, 180 degrees while the rest of his body stayed facing the table, his eyes pure black. No visible pupils, sclera, or even irises, open wide.

”You do not wear shoes inside.”

The words came out much different than Reizo’s usual tone, deep and dark and rumbling, and somehow as if there were radio static built in, a little black misty-fog rolling from his lips as he spoke. Honestly? The boy looked and sounded possessed. He stared, unblinkingly at Tomatsu for probably a full minute, the only other sound he made being a somewhat… disconcerting tsssssss~ that sounded eerily like a certain green exploding monster known for destroying people’s houses…

Then, as if nothing had happened, Reizo turned back to the table and blinked once, his eyes going back to their usual shade.

Yamauchi Shizuko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The blades were as sharp as ever, and the metal was incredibly shiny. Her eyes carefully inspected every single inch of the star in her hand, the very first star she had ever gotten, the same night she had met Ryu. So far she had slowly begun to adapt to the strict lifestyle that Ryu enforced on her, although her old roots still sunk deep and getting rid of them were indeed hard.

She heard a female voice ring through the house and the paper panels seperating each room. She knew who it was even though she miraculously had managed to avoid any contact with her so far, although in this case she knew Ryu was adamant on her participating in whatever gathering it was he was organizing. A sigh escaped her lips as yet another voice sounded through the hallways, and it was clear they were all kids like her, even though different ages, and it made it all the more worse for her.

The inevitable was coming for her and as she stood up her feline companion quickly woke up from her usual slumber and after stretching once or twice was on Shizuko's tail as always. Feeling a bit more at ease with Nala by her side, Shizuko finally pulled the door to the side and stepped out, while making sure to shut it properly after Nala had gotten out as well.

She stood outside her door for a good minute or so, taking deep breaths and calming her nerves. Her eyes went down to make sure she was properly dressed in her usual pink plaided skirt and her black t-shirt which she had been able to buy since her economy had become stable from her move into Ryu's home. Her eyes looked up into the hallway and with a nod picked up the murring kitty into her arms before she joined the rest of the people in the main room.

''H-hello...'' she said in a whispery nervous tone and tried to look at each individual while avoiding eye-contact with all of them, including Ryu. ''I-I'm Yamauchi S-shizuko! Nice to meet you all...'' her voice faded towards the end as she bowed her head politely, and then she took her place by the table, keeping her oversized cat in her lap to pet and keep her calm.

[MFT: 391]

Kazehi Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She jumped a bit when she heard Tomatsu speak and whirled around to face him, gulping as she did so. This dinner was going to be one of the weirdest ones she'd had, she could just feel it deep in her soul. This wasn't going to be fun. Or maybe it could be if she just focused on her friend and meeting her newest cousin that had somehow avoided meeting her before this point and time. A part of her was fairly excited to meet her new family member, but another part of her was entirely sure that for some reason or another the girl would hate her. Dunno why, but she just would. Not like there was much to like about herself in the first place but all of her anxieties just bound up inside of her at the thought of meeting someone who could just decide that she wasn't worth the air she was breathing always made her flip out. Internally, at least.

"Hello, Tomatsu-kun...Ah, I'll take those for you!" She said and reached for the basket of....Tomatoes. Of course.

She grinned a bit at the goofiness of the situation and set the tomatoes down on the counter before turning towards the table. Squaring her shoulders she tried to just look calm and content, as she went to sit at the table, but that illusion was broken the minute that Reizo opened his mouth. That was....Not Reizo's voice. And Ren stared worriedly at her friend, creeping closer to him and laying a hand on one of his arms.

"R-reizo-kun? U-um..." She blinked and looked at the now completely normal looking boy and made a face of utter confusion before hugging him tight for a second.

"I dunno what just happened but you might want to get that checked out...." She murmured as she let go of him and sat down beside him.

That was....Something straight out of a horror novel really. And any other worries she had had, about Tomatsu, her new cousin or otherwise had well since fled in the face of this newest issue. Reizo was her very best friend and like hell she was going to let anything happen to him. She was going to have to ask him about that after dinner though. For all her lack of social graces, even she understood that whatever had just happened, the shy boy would be less than willing to talk about it if he knew what had happened in front of a table of people.

When the small girl walked into the room Ren smiled brightly and stood up, before sitting back down when she realized the girl had her arms busy with a rather large and happy looking cat.

"Hello Shizuko-chan! I'm Ren. We're cousins!" She said cheerfully.

She was going to be friendly as possible because dammit, she was going to be friends with her family even if there was nothing to like about her. She was going to do it and she would keep trying no matter what.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
images

"This... This might be alright..."

It would all be so... full. There were alot of people, alot of things going on and he could barely keep up with it. Though, he'd smile lightly as he'd bow before everyone in the threshold of the kitchen where everyone seemed to be gathered. Though he was looking for Ren, the girl he wanted to see being here. The reason why he felt he was here to begin with. His shoulder was still tense from the grab of the Kage he'd felt earlier. Though, he would definitely have that... feeling in the back of everything that all he'd need to do was relax... which Adralamech kept speaking to him. Whispering internally as he would nod at the thought.

Then... She turned around... And it all happened in slow motion. Her pink attire... braided hair... Simple but amazing with her at the helm of it all. Was he wrong for these thoughts? Maybe. Just maybe. But he vowed to himself to wait until she was a bit older, even though he didnt know how old she was now, to make any sort of pass. Maybe after she became a Genin... that would definitely be appropriate, right?

He could not speak, but as she took the tomatoes he'd nod nervously looking over at Ryu and then the other little girl in the room. Not immediately spotting the other youngster Reizo. Hmph! Then he'd spot the little BAST-... dude, nodding to him quietly as he'd respond to Ryu's introductory 'Welcomes', then he noticed that he'd be the only one pretty much wearing his boots. 'Geez Tomatsu... DAMNIT HOW COULD YOU FORGET YOUR MANNERS!?', shaking his head a bit, he'd sigh. "Thank you for welcoming me into your home Tsuchikage-sama.", he'd bow low giving as much respect as he could.

Then looking over to Reizo he'd shoot a glance, "I apologize... I will go take them off... Nerves must've gotten to me.", trying to laugh it off he hated this kid even more now. Though he'd not let it show... he had to be nice for now. Though maybe he'd just spar the kid one day to get back at him, maybe it wasnt worth the time...

He'd bow once more and turn to the door from which he came and would scurry off to the front where he saw the lined up shoes... 'Ugh... Dumb dumb!' he'd hit his head a few times before, taking his boots off happy that he cleaned his body prior... But he still had a small hint of smell... But as he'd head back he'd just inch along... wondering what he could do to save face now... He'd fucked up already.

Geez... What a night already... and he didnt even have his tomato juice with the appetizer yet...

Kazehi Ryu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryu couldn't help but shake his head slightly at the slow-motion, lovey dove eyes going on here; but what really made him keep his eyebrow up was the quiet, gangly kid going off about the shoes without Ryu having even say anything. He hissed a moment and went back to normal. WELL OKAY THEN!

He nodded when Tomatsu realized his error, he didn't need to beat the kid over the head for his mistake, he was already nervous enough as it was. The tall man motioned to Shizuko with his right hand. "Shizuko, these are Kazehi Ren," he reached out to pat Ren on top of the head, "Murakami Reizo," He gestured to the gangly youth that had a bit of a creepy moment before, "And Kappatsu Tomatsu" He motioned to the blonde boy who'd trudged out to the entry way. "I would like to introduce to all of you, my daughter." He looked at the girl for a moment, though his expression was blank there was a bit of pride that blazed to life for a moment in his violet-blue eyes. It felt nice saying something like that to someone, though he couldn't exactly explain where it stemmed from.

He strode over to the table and lifted the cover off the tray of rolls. "Everyone feel free to help yourselves. There is plenty enough to go around." He took the cover back into the meager kitchen and set it in the sink. "Shizuko, will you pour tea for everyone?" The man gathered up the matched up chop sticks, laying them carefully in the palm of his left hand and keeping it open before returning to the table and laying the utensils down beside the cups people would drink out of. It would take a moment for everyone to get settled and comfortable; all the food was still cooling a bit since everyone had shown up much sooner than he'd really expected, but while thinking about it, now that he was the Tsuchikage few people would really wan't to be "late" to such a meeting. While he mulled that fact over, he lifted the pot of rice onto the palm of his left hand, took a slab of polished stone from a holder on the counter beside the fridge, and ferried it over to the table; putting the slab down first before placing the pot on it.

While people got settled in, he ferried the covered skillets he'd cooked the meats and leeks on, all smooth motions until the table was set up with all of the meal and the utensils needed to serve the food. Only then did he finally settled at the table himself with his back to the kitchen. "The main course will still be hot." It was a caution just in case anyone decided to take a peek under the lids, they would be greeted with a face full of scorching steam which might be unpleasant at best.

Murakami Reizo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The kid shook his head a little bit and blinked a couple times, ”Huh?” his gaze shifted to Ren’s hand on his arm, then he found himself tensing once more as Ren hugged him again. I guess I ought to get use to it from her… he registered absently, as he tilted his head to the side and looked at her, brow furrowed slightly. ”I… have no idea what you are talking about, Ren…” And it wasn’t a faked thing. He honestly did look completely oblivious to what had occurred. Weird. He hadn’t even been aware of Tomatsu moving to remove his boots and returning.

But, Reizo’s attention was drawn from the… apparent oddness he had performed with the appearance of another kid. She looked to be somewhere around his age, or probably closer to Ren’s. He couldn’t be sure. He didn’t have the knack for telling people’s ages yet, and suspected he never would. ”Hello Shizuko. It is nice to meet you, and I hope that my showing up will not disrupt things too much for you…” he offered the girl the same sort of slight, small smile that he had given Ryu.

He watched as Ryu set about getting the rest of everything set up, keeping his hands folded in his lap and doing his best, as usual, to remain as small and inconspicuous now as possible. Whatever had gone on earlier had drawn more than enough attention to the kid for the night. He fidgeted a little with his chopsticks, getting them straightened out. And maybe inspecting them a little to make sure they matched. A little nod was given at the comment of the main course still being hot.

He waited a few moments, then hesitantly, a little sheepishly in fact, he reached out and snagged a couple pieces of sushi to put on a little plate, then set about making a little mixture of wasabi and soy sauce on his plate, mixing the two thoroughly until the wasabi was all but invisible. Then carefully dabbed the sushi, making sure it didn’t get saturated too heavily before popping the roll into his mouth, which was probably the least polite thing he’d managed to do thus far.

"Mnnn... I like sushi a lot," he gave a little pleased wiggle in his spot. Not enough to disrupt anyone beside him, but just enough to show his appreciation.

Yamauchi Shizuko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shizuko has just barely been able to settle down by the table when she was suddenly introduced to everyone. It wasn't really that odd for Ryu to make a formal introduction between all of the kids once she stopped to think about it, but the fact that she wasn't prepared for it made her almost fall over in anxious surprise. The girl had been nice enough, as she hadn't actually hugged her in the end because she was holding Nala and thoughtfulness like that really sat well with Shizuko. She also knew that Ren was her family now, so she'd have to get along with at least her.

Tomatsu and Reizo both struck her as odd, yet not so odd. After all, she always considered herself the most odd in any group of people so it was hard to strike her as incredibly strange but still. Once Ryu had introduced them all, and the others had said their little bit, she once more stood up although this time with her cat put gently on the floor and once more bowed her head politely. ''It's nice to meet you all...'' she said still in a shy and faraway voice, then shook her head with a shy smile to answer Reizo. Then nodded to Ryu and fetched the teapot before carefully tilting it properly just an inch above everyones cup until the hot and flavored water had filled the most-part of each cup. Then just as carefully she put the pot back where she had gotten it, then sat back down by her cat.

She was incredibly nervous around the other kids, since it was usually kids that made her the most anxious. As a result, she didn't reach out for any roll or meat before everyone else had taken their fill so she wouldn't end up accidentally clashing hands or be forced to engage in some conversation about who gets the bigger piece.

Once she had taken her own share of food, she picked at it with her chopsticks and ate everything one piece at a time. She still wasn't used to such ''fancy'' food and some days she missed her good old three-minute ramen, although she didn't complain. It was a simple matter of adjustment and adapting and she was sure one day she'd feel a lot more comfortable eating rolls and bigger pieces of meat with chopsticks. Perhaps that was something a lot more normal to most other people, but it wasn't to her.

As she sat there, picking at her food and indulging herself in her own thoughts, she was thinking about what happened days earlier on her exploration trip in the city. Her eyes had turned white and she had seen weird things, not to mention she had easily sacked another kid. So far she hadn't actually told Ryu and she was scared of how he would react, especially since she had no idea what had happened herself. Perhaps, she thought, that if she told him when the others were there, he'd not be as angry. Of course, she had no idea how he would react in the end.

Kazehi Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ren frowned, concerned with the apparent amnesia her friend was suffering from and noted to herself to bring it up with him later, in private maybe. If he really didn't realize it....Well maybe he'd get embarrassed being the main attraction for doing odd things at the dinner table and she did have enough social graces to figure that's something he would rather avoid.

"I'll explain later..." She murmured to Reizo before looking down at her plate.

Her emotions played over her face as she though about it and it would be fun to watch her just sit there and think, but eventually she settled back on a happy grin and reached for the food, piling her plate with a good portion of it and digging in, breathing out of her mouth quickly and fanning at her face whenever she took a hot bit all at once and couldn't handle the heat. She murmured a soft thank you to the girl for the tea and smiled at her between her digging into the feast.

After getting a few bites in she looked up at Ryu and motioned at him a little as she went to speak.

"Mom's pregnant by the way! She said 'Tell Cousin Ryu that the Clan will be having two new additions, and it is so far it is an easy pregnancy' and then Dad said 'Maybe for you.' And they argued." She took on a tone of voice that was clearly not her own as she parroted the words to her cousin before taking a sip of her tea with a giggle.

She took the time to look around the table at the others for a moment. Shizuko seemed nice, if not a bit shy and quiet. Then again Reizo was the same way in some aspects so Ren just hmmed and hawwed at the thought that hey...Those two are kind of in the same age group....And they are both shy...Maybe they would get along better? Who knew. She sipped more of her tea carefully as she let herself look over at Tomatsu, in a way she thought was sly, but really it was a bit too obvious that she had been dying to glance over and check out what he was doing.

After taking in his visage and sighing a little to herself wistfully without realizing it, she looked back to her cousin to see whatever his reaction to her little information drop would be. She didn't think it would be anything much more than another message to be parroted to her parents when she got home that night of a congrats, but still maybe for a rare moment the old man had been surprised. She blew some bubbles in her tea at the thought of Ryu being surprised. That just wasn't a thing that happened.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
images

"This... This might be alright..."

There was alot going on. Though Tomatsu would enter the dining room lastly as everyone seemed to be headed there to begin with. Passing by him with relative ease. It was nice to know that Ryu had kids of his own, but what struck Tomatsu as odd, why was this Ren's first time meeting said child. IF she was his child. He'd shake the thought from his head. It wasnt his place to judge... but if she was adopted he'd have much more respect than he already had for Ryu. It was... Something he didnt want to impede on, but something he even saw himself doing one day in the case of abandonment or a child without a parent. He would smile though making his way to the dining area he'd set himself to Ryu's left and Reizo's right. Cornered to Ren and across from Shizuko. Smiling once more he'd loo at everything on the plate before him. Then looking at the spread about the table.

Grabbing a few rolls he'd let the main course muddle a bit before indulging within it, though the rolls were buttery! HE LOVED IT! HIs eyes sparked with intense flames as he looked down at the food. It was so good! Though calming himself down he'd oddly keep quiet during this. Looking to Ryu and Ren for their interaction. As well as Shizuko in relation to the other Kazehi, he would smirk... this was a chance for information... but he wasnt an ANBU he just liked knowing the family he was beginning to involve himself with.

He'd keep quiet for now... It was just his way to dial it back a bit. Assess the situation. And not make a fool of himself in front of Ren.

Kazehi Ryu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man gave a solemn, polite nod in thanks to his daughter as she did as asked, waiting for the kids to settle down and grab their choice of food before quickly plucking the freshly made rolls onto his plate with the stone chopsticks in his left hand. Despite the awkward clacking of the obsidian colored talons against the chopsticks the motions were quiet; at least until Ren blasted him with news of pregnancy. The bottom most chopstick exploded, the back end of it spinning up to bounce against his nose; despite the loud crack and the impact against his face, Ryu didn't so much as blink. He simply rose, returned to the kitchen to retrieve another set of the stone chopsticks and returned to the table as though he hadn't just destroyed the chopsticks in surprise. "Congratulations. It's good to know that new additions to the family are on the way, though I still have to look into clan housing on the cliff top." While relatively small still, his family was decently spread out into a few different generations, Ren's mother and father were likely around his age but thanks to wibbly wobbly familial trees the young girl was hardly a 'direct' relative. Not that it mattered to him, she was his cousin, she was family.

Which actually lead into the next subjects. "Tell me about your family, Murakami. Kappatsu." He popped a roll into his mouth and took a swig of his still steaming tea, scanning the face of both the boys. He wondered if they would answer in order, or if they would try talking over one another. Both Reizo and Tomatsu seemed like good kids but there were always currents flowing beneath that weren't visible at all times. He knew more about Tomatsu than he was going to let on at the moment, more because he wasn't going to judge based on documents; especially due to his own circumstance.

Murakami Reizo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Reizo gave the barest of shrugs at Ren’s words, ”Alright, then,” he said softly. He then tilted his head to the side slightly when Ren mentioned that her mother was pregnant. The commentary wasn’t directed at him, however, so the boy kept quiet and continued to nibble at his food, now finally getting around to adding the actual hot, main meal to his plate, once he had devoured several pieces of delicious sushi. Who could blame the kid, sushi was tasty. And of course the first thing he would gorge himself on, given half a chance.

The slightest of smiles creeped onto his face when he noted Ren glancing to Tomatsu. If I were a different sort of friend, I would almost tease her about it… He still considered doing so. But it wasn’t polite dinner conversation, and… well. That was important. He grabbed a roll and nibbled at it, only to be rather… shocked to say the least at the sound of stone cracking, closer to exploding, and based completely on instinct, the kid ducked slightly. The after-images that constantly wavered around him, sort of like a mirage, which had been sitting nice and tight around his body were suddenly spread out within a foot radius of his actual body and he coughed a little as some of the roll went down the wrong pipe. He shook his head a little bit, forcing himself to relax once more and closing his eyes while Ryu stepped off to get a new set of chopsticks. Reizo really didn’t deal well with some things. Sudden exploding stone chopsticks being one (very specific) example. He took several moments to get his after-images back in line, then of course Ryu decided to ask about family.

He gave a little pause, tilting his head to the side very slightly. I do… not quite know what to tell him… obviously not that I think my mother is insane and delusional… he toyed with that particular thought process first, even as he looked to Tomatsu

”You may go first, Kappatsu-san,” he said softly, defaulting to a little… too much formality while he worked through precisely what to say about his own family.

Kazehi Ren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ren stared, mouth open, jaw dropped and oh, yeah there goes that piece of sushi she was about to shove into her mouth, plopping wetly back onto her plate. To say she was shocked by Ryu's reaction would be, well it would be a VAST understatement. She shook herself out of it and continued to stare at her older cousin as she re-evaluated her life up to this point. It was very funny, and a little scary if she was being uncomfortably truthful with herself. There were things in her life that were constants, she was average, Ryu was unshakable, Mom was sly and Dad was funny, sky blue, grass green. Right now the sky may as well be brown and the grass purple. She eventually decided that the best way to handle this earth shattering moment was to shove all over her food still on her plate into her mouth all at once so no one would expect any sort of verbal reaction out of her.

She eyed her cousin over the edge of her cup, suspiciously, as if she couldn't make up her mind if he had been abducted by aliens and experimented on, or perhaps was an imposter. She glanced over at Riezo when he tried to pass the question off to Tomatsu and tilted her head to the side curiously. She had met his family, at least very briefly in a whirlwind sort of fashion anyways. It had been the day they met, and when she had been invited to have dinner. It had been a bit of a hectic affair, his mom had been...Nice...A little odd... But his siblings had sort of just kept a chaotic number of conversations going until they scooted her back out the door again. It had been nice but... Well like the mother, a little odd.

She did however want to know more about Tomatsu's family. She realized, sitting there, that she didn't know too much about him personally. Just the times they spent together was usually spent working towards a goal for training or tutoring. She tapped her chopsticks against her lips absentmindedly as she made a note to herself to talk to him more about day to day things, learn about favorite foods. Small stuff you learn with friends. She already knew Reizo likes mochi over chocolate. She should know these sort of things about Tomatsu too. And her new cousin as well, if she was being considerate. At least she knew the girl was an animal lover, or specifically a cat lover.

"Yeah, tell us about your family Tomatsu-kun. Do you have any siblings?" She asked, smiling brightly.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back