Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Who said curiosity killed the cat? (Open)

Arashi Hisame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoseki found himself somewhere he hadn't been before; somewhere new. The young boy had originally planned to just roam through the local bazaars but somehow would up at the Omni Prime. With spunk in his step the young ninja roamed the maze of halls just snooping around, occasionally acting lost when approached by nurses and hospital staff. His bright blue eyes darted through the cracks of any door that was left foolishly open.

A man in a cast, a woman in a coma, a small girl wired up, so many people in pain yet none of it seemed to bother the young child. With a grin on his face he would continue his "rounds". Last time he checked he had already found his way through to the 5th floor but that was some time ago. Then something odd happened, as he was roaming the floor he was on he felt a strange energy, not knowing what it was it became his new goal to find its source.

The 7th floor. The seventh hallway. What was there waiting for him, was it all in his head or was there a secret that needed exploring?

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[ooc: This topic is set after this one: https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=699&t=50758&sid=c958e3e583984214f7e7f138493800dd]

Dark and sinister chakra drifted out of his room and down the halls. Takeyashi still couldn't control this power, much less understand exactly what it was. Back in the cave, he'd activated something within him — deep and primordial, some sort of evolution of his abilities perhaps? It was possible, given his unique biology, that this was just a natural stage of development for members of his clan. The Hachiashi weren't a very common sight around these parts, and medical knowledge of their anatomy and biological make-up wasn't as readily available as one might think. That's why this newly realized ability was so difficult to diagnose: not many people had sufficient knowledge on the subject. There were too many factors at play to properly treat the young man — the unique and never before seen enzymes in his system had to be tested and understood, the process of how he created such enzymes needed to be figured out, and even the effects that these enzymes had on his body's normal functioning were not yet understood. Takeyashi was essentially on lock down in his bed, monitored every so often by a medical personnel, until they could be more certain of what was wrong with him. Tests, tests, and even more tests had to be run. It was no wonder that the young man was ready to blow his own brains out.

Takeyashi wasn't a scientist. He was a hunter, a survivalist: he wanted to be out in the Desert Expanse, hunting down bandits or protecting a caravan from marauders. Being stuck in a hospital bed was one of his least favorite things to do. He would have already sneaked out of the hospital if he didn't feel so weak from his condition. He was so utterly bored, stuck here without anything to really do. The man let out a sigh of displeasure as he resigned himself to just sleep more — what else was he to do around here?! That's when he heard footsteps coming down the hallway, but not the kind of footsteps he'd normally hear. The doctors all around here walked in a hurry, never taking time to stop anywhere. These weren't hurried footsteps, but rather unsure and investigative ones. They belonged to someone who didn't know their way around the hospital; in other words, they belonged to someone who was new around here. Excitement welled up inside Takeyashi as he pounced on the opportunity provided to him. "Hello? Is someone there? Don't be shy, I could use some company." He hoped whoever it was wouldn't be too afraid to come in. It was sort of weird having a patient call out to you like that, but perhaps if he'd managed to explore out this far then a little bit more adventure wouldn't be a big deal? All Takeyashi knew is that he didn't want to keep twiddling his thumbs mindlessly until a doctor came to run more tests — he'd probably end up ripping off all the medical tubes attached to him and run out of the hospital in frustration. He'd most likely get to the sidewalk before he went back into shock though, just like the last time he'd tried it.

Arashi Hisame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The strange energy felt dark. Something about it was wrong, it felt wrong, but he had to know. As he closed in on the door, ever coming nearer he heard the voice. Almost like a frightened cat he jumped back a little bit before dropping to all fours and scooting over to the door. "Hello? Who's in there? Better yet why are you in there? Are you dying?"<i></i> The curiosity of the child swelled up inside. He had never been in a hospital before. He understood the principle behind them but what actually occurred was something unknown to the boy.

Shifting his weight to lean against the wall with his back he let out a sigh as he slide to the ground. "I'm Hoseki by the way."<i></i> his voiced seemed odd, as if something was presently on his mind.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeyashi chuckled weakly at the young boy's nervousness before letting out a weak cough. The young man wasn't in good shape, and looked pretty sickly too. His body wasn't reacting the best to his newfound abilities, but perhaps it just needed time to readjust? Either way, he didn't look very threatening aside from the dark and evil aura he let out. Nothing he could do about that, though. "Call me Takeyashi. It's been a while since I've been able to chat with someone." Normally, the young man hated children. They annoyed him with their stupid questions, general lack of knowledge, and their squishy and weak bodies. However, these were extenuating circumstances. Having been confined to this hospital bed for about a week now, he was bored to the point of death. Anyone's company, even some snot-nosed brat, was welcomed at this point. "Why am I in here, you ask? Hrm, that's a good question..." Now that was a can of worms. Not even the doctors were 100% sure of what was going on with him yet. That one doctor who'd first taken care of him — the one doctor who was really two — had seemed to have had a pretty good idea, and had helped get him into a stable condition. And yet, there were still many tests to run and hypothesis to test. For now, it was best to keep his answer simple. "They're not completely sure, to be honest with you. There's something wrong with my body — it's not working the way it's supposed to, and they don't know why yet. So, I'm stuck here until they can come up with a new theory to test." This was probably scary to hear for such a young kid, as he immediately followed up his questions with an even more morbid one. Takeyashi smiled, and chuckled a little more. "I hope not. These doctors may not know what's wrong yet, but I trust them to keep me alive. They're the best Sunagakure has to offer." That was being rather optimistic, huh? A more realistic answer would be that he'd be lucky to get out of this hospital alive. However, Takeyashi was a man of faith. If there's one thing he had a lot of, it was faith in his fellow Sunagakure shinobi.

It seemed a change of topic was needed, though. Things had gotten rather morbid in a short amount of time, and the young man would prefer to not dwell on such things in a place as depressing as this. "So, Hoseki was it? Tell me about yourself. Are you an Academy Student? What are you doing wandering these halls by yourself?" Takeyashi just wanted to talk to someone about anything. He didn't care how mundane or boring the conversation was, so long as it was a genuine interaction. The hospital staff could cure just about anything, except for boredom it seemed.

Arashi Hisame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoseki leaned his ear closer to the door. He was curious what could be wrong with Takeyashi. His body wasn't working right? What could that mean. Shifting his weight to gain balance back up onto his feet he would hesitantly reach for the door handle. He wanted to see what could be wrong. Was he bleeding? Was he an amputee? Was he mutated? What could it be? The boy's hand paused before grabbing the handle. What if there was a new power in his body? What if entering the room was dangerous?

But what if?

It didn't matter. Turning the handle on the door the boy stepped in. His bright crystal like blue eyes fell onto the Shinobi before him. Hoseki's eyes were adorned with their regular cat esque eyeliner. His silky white skin looked to be freckled but if closer inspection was done then thousands of tiny scars could be seen. His loose blue and white clothes fit onto his hardened body. The boy could tell in Takeyashi's voice that subject needed change. "Yeah that's right. I'm at the Academy but I don't know how much they can offer me."<i></i> As the boy spoke he raised his right hand and dust and sand from around the room began to condense into crystalline claws. The sharp edged quartz fingers shined in the abundant amount of hospital lighting provided in the room.

His piercing blue eyes shifted from his own fingers back to the man into the bed. "They aren't offering me anything I can't already do myself"<i></i> he took a couple steps into the room before shutting the door. As he did the claws dissipated back into the dust that was in the room. He looked at a chair that was in the room. Gesturing towards it, "do you mind?"<i></i> If allowed he would take the seat but if not he would continue to stand.

"Well... To be honest the human body fascinates me. How some can withstand only the smallest of injuries before caving in, yet there are Shinobi that withstand immanginable pain and hardship and are on their feet withing seconds.."<i></i> his mind trailed off with his sentence.

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeyashi revelled in the conversation he'd been so fortuitously given. And just his luck, the door would open! From the halls came a young boy, pale as a sheet of parchment and yet it seemed that he carried with him a menagerie of scars. Years of harsh training, perhaps? Perhaps this child was an ambitious one, motivation a non-issue as he soared effortlessly through his trainings? Those types of kids were rare. An eyebrow raised on the spiderling's brow as the young child spoke of the limitations of the Academy, before making a marvellous demonstration out of his shinobi talents. Crystals, eh? The young man's curiosity had been piqued. "Now there's an ability I haven't yet seen. You're a talented one then, hrm?" Takeyashi seemed to find the situation rather funny, as he had a little smile on his lips as he spoke. However, it was hard to tell what exactly was so amusing to the young man. "Be careful, though. Strong skills are no match for a strong character guiding a strong mind."

With his sagely advice given, the young man would seem to settle deeper into his bed as the young boy entered the room. The boy's question was answered by a curt nod and a sigh of acknowledgement. As the young boy made himself comfortable and spoke him mind, Takeyashi would let out a sleepy yawn. All of this conversing was a tad tiring. "Well, that's an interesting question with no really clear answer." The spiderling thought on this question for a moment, interested in this particular train of thought. "If you ask me, it all comes down to what drives a shinobi. You can always argue that some people feel pain differently than others, but I think that's nonsense. The true test of a shinobi's mettle is how he stands up to the challenges that come his way." Takeyashi meant that from the bottom of his heart. Takeyashi believed that you didn't truly know someone until you've struggled through something together with them, as comrades in arms. People's true character seemed to always come out during those times. The young man would continue to speak, but this time his tone had gotten a little less serious. "You know, being a great shinobi also means following orders. Disobeying an order can get your entire squad in danger, if you're not careful. Doing the things we don't want to do helps us to make sure that the things we do want to do go smoothly. Do you know of anything that you might need to be doing tomorrow?" The answer was written all over Takeyashi's smug face. This was a lesson the young boy would almost assuredly not want to hear, but it needed to be provided nonetheless.

"Make sure, tomorrow, you go back and attend your classes, okay? You may not think you need them, but there's more information out there than anyone could ever learn. Some of it might even save your life." He was done chastising the boy for his hubris. Thinking he was above the Academy was a dangerous idea to nurture in a young shinobi's life. It would cause him problems down the line, and could ultimately cause harm to others. Takeyashi was happy to steer the kid back on course, and help him to make it far in this world of ninjas.

Arashi Hisame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"If you ask me, it all comes down to what drives a shinobi. You can always argue that some people feel pain differently than others, but I think that's nonsense. The true test of a shinobi's mettle is how he stands up to the challenges that come his way." The drive...the inspirations and aspirations... does that make a ShinobI? Or is it something more? Regardless the boy would listen to his elder. For some reason this spider like Shinobi before him seemed to calm the boy's ever running mind. Hoseki closed his eyes to ponder what he heard. He crossed his legs and interlocked his fingers. Though the boy was only ten years old his soul was much older for it seemed as if he had already lived his life, or at the vary least experienced many lives before his own.

Opening his eyes again he heard the man speak of obeying orders. This was something he understood. Even if he questioned the command he could not deny the authority placed before him. "Obeying is the main principle of becoming a Shinobi. This is one of the fields where ranks aren't just given but truly earned. And as for tomorrow I have independent study sessions at the academy."<i></i> Je let out a sigh as the older man patronized him about being the good little student that he needed to be to succeed in this world. He knew the Sunan Spider was right though. He looked in distinctly across the room before he spoke. "I know of the wisdom and knowledge that the academy can provide but I can't shake this feeling that my strength has has slowed and I'm not gaining it as quickly as I would be if I was already graduated and out completing missions..."<i></i> His eyes now appearing similar to that of a cats the boy looked back to the man. " I need to become stronger to be able to protect this village."<i></i>

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Hrm, I can definitely understand that. But the true solution is to do more work on top of what you're doing at the Academy, not instead of it." So, this kid was a bright one? Not only was the Academy not enough to challenge him, but he wanted even more than that. He needed to go out of his way to find enough challenges for himself — a kid like this might be going places. "Ambitious, huh? I admire your patriotism, kid — Sunagakure will be glad to have you in a couple years." A kid like this doesn't come around often, and this one in particular had left an impression on Takeyashi. Full of character, ambitious, strong, and loyal, Takeyashi saw a lot of himself in this young kid. It was funny how things like that worked out. The young man let a small grin grow on his face, but he didn't let it stay there long. He let out a tired sigh before he continued. "Well, normally I'd offer to show you a thing or two. But, considering I can barely lift myself out of bed, that may not be an option for a while. Find me in a couple weeks, and maybe we'll talk again.

"But that leads me to the now,"
the young man would continue, effortlessly transitioning into a new branch of conversation, "and to the question of what you're going to do now. You've gotten some insight as to the nature of pain and the human body, but what are you going to do about it now? Do you have more people to ask, or is it off to the training fields with you?" Takeyashi was just trying to make conversation now. He didn't want to go back to laying quietly in his bed for the rest of the day, so coming up with other things to talk about was at the forefront of Takeyashi's mind. Whatever he could do to keep the kid in here and talking, Takeyashi was game for. He just wished he could walk around and do stuff without putting himself in danger. The doctor's couldn't figure out what was wrong with him soon enough.

Arashi Hisame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoseki let out a sigh, he understood what the Shinobi before him was saying, and it made sense. Working more on top of his Academy classes could strengthen him, and he was urethane hat it would. He shifted in his seat a little bit before grinning as the man gave him as compliment on his ambition. "Well I'm sure if you have anything to actually show me that I don't know already then you should be able to find me with no problem."<i></i> The boy laughed to himself a little bit making it more apparent that have as actually trying to joke with his new acquaintance. But the the now.

The boy raised an eyebrow at the man. He switched the topic to the boy's fascination with the human body. "Well I'm not sure. I don't necessarily want to become a medical Shinobi but I am curious how to stretch beyond the regular limitations. At a young age I was submitted to excruciating pain but I was able to withstand it while is know many grown men would have passed away."<i></i> He stood up and took a few steps towards the multi-limbed to be at the foot of his bed. "I should probably go the the training fields soon but I still would like to learn more about you. Besides being in here for some unknown reason I am curious about what differentiates you from the average Shinobi. I know there is something. "<i></i> His blue eyes scanned over the man quickly before locking back onto his eyes.

((OoC: Are we still doing the curse seal in this thread?))

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Beyond your regular limitations, you say?" The young man scratched his chin as he thought, running the young boy's words through his mind as if he were trying to decipher some hidden meaning in a text. Why did this seem familiar to the young man? Probably because it reminded him of himself. A small chuckle escaped his lips as he spoke again. "You're an interesting one, kid. Your tenacity may save us all one day!" However, the young man's chuckles quickly turned to violent coughs. He'd agitated his lungs again by laughing too much, and the resulting hacking and coughing was not pleasant to listen to. A surge of chakra came from the young man — unbeknownst to the two of them, the young man's hormonal levels were running wild again. This had been happening on and off since he'd arrived in the hospital, and it was the main reason for his transformations. However, knowing the results of his condition and the source were two very different matters. Very few people had any sort of idea what was wrong with him, including himself, but it was clear that his symptoms were similar in nature to the forbidden art of Cursed Sealing. His body almost seemed to create a natural enzyme that replicated the effects of the seals, though he had no way of controlling it. The doctors theorized that, perhaps, his body could be trained to produce an antibody to reduce the symptoms of the enzyme, but so far it was strictly a theory — no breakthroughs had been made on the practical side of things.

The more pressing issue, however, was young Hoseki's exposure to Takeyashi during this state. As the new hormones in his body naturally began to take effect, a transformation began to occur in Takeyashi. Scale-like substances began to grow on his skin, and his temper began to get shorter. "Oh Mother Suna, not again..." Takeyashi felt the familiar sensations taking him over. Anger, rage, and fear were the primary emotions flooding his brain, as well as a naturally combative instinct. Takeyashi began to fear the worst: he was about to go on a rampage. "Kid, you need to leave, now! I'm...something's happening to me..." Dark chakra was spewing out of his body, infecting the air with its evil nature. If Hoseki had left any crystals laying around, they would even begin to be affected in a noticeable way. Streaks of dark purple would seem to weave their way into the crystal, almost like a flame dancing on top of metal. It didn't change the crystal, but it did warp it and temper it. Almost like a battery, the crystals seemed to take in the effects of the dark chakra for later use. The crystal would absorb more and more energy from the man in pain, until it seemed like the material would burst from the built up pressure.

And that's exactly what happened.

The crystal shattered into a thousand little shards, each containing the dark energies that swarmed through the young man's body. The shards scattered, spreading around the room like shrapnel. A few of the pieces lodged themselves into the wall, but if a few of them found a home in the flesh of the young boy, Hoseki would be in for a world of pain. It was a tiny amount, but its potency couldn't be more overstated. If the crystals pierced the young boy's skin, their energy would rapidly dissolve into the young boy's chakra system — within a couple of minutes, he'd begin to feel the effects of the cursed chakra, and minutes after that he'd probably go into shock. Takeyashi's body naturally produced this chakra, so it made sense that while the symptoms were severe they were also non-lethal. Takeyashi's body was simply out of balance, and needed to find a new equilibrium. But Hoseki? To the young boy's body, the cursed chakra was a foreign invader. It wasn't prepared for the effects the hormones produced. And as such, the process of his body fighting to reject the invader and the dark energy fighting to claim its territory was going to be a messy one.

Did the young boy have the strength to fight this? Would he even survive?

[ooc: Using Cursed Sealing Rank 1 to give Hoseki the Gaia Seal.]

Arashi Hisame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Upon hearing that he may one day save the village actually made his day that kuch better. The boy chuckled in response but the lightheartedness of the room quickly changed. As the man before him started to cough deeply Hoseki was able to tell something was off. He stepped towards the spiderling, that was until the man told him to leave quickly. He didn't want think leave the ill man alone but he could tell that something bad was happening. He darted towards the door to call for help but before he could make it he could hear the dark energy filling the room. It was like the silent ringing of your ears but much much deeper. With his enhanced senses the senatation was almost to much to handle, catching his equilibrium off balance he had told balance himself of the wall near the door. Then everything shattered.

The fragmentation splintered throughout the room including to the boy. Piercing through his shirt the shrapnel lodged itself into his flesh. The small black crystals quickly implanted themselves into his skin, but his body reacted quickly. Trying to fight off the dark energy from the crystals the boy's body would send crystals out of his back to fight like antibodies. The black crystals stated to grow and light blue ones attempted that grow around them.

Now on his knees with his forehead firmly pressing against the ground the boy was letting out an animalistic yell as the growth of the crystals went into his body as well as out. Twisting into spires the now black and blue spiraled crystals were a few feet tall, and the boy's limbs slowly began to crystallize as well. Almost as if trying to cacoon him the crystals grew all around him. All the while the Chakra blue colored quartz crystals began the darken to a deep purple.

Gritting his teeth the boy had to survive. Punching the ground the crystals slowly began to shrink back into his body. As they did the darkness of the crystals began to condense back towards the structures between his shoulder blades. The crystals on his extremities were once again blue as the blackest crystals were finally disappearing into his spine. As the crystals did they left behind a mark on his back that rested between his upper shoulder blades along his spine.
9aa43401097e6777db880c07c7b0d8f3.jpg

As they did the boy's breath became light as his eyes fell shut and he collapsed under his own weight.

[Mft:412]

Kazu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Everything was going dark for the young man. His vision was fading, and his breath was starting to get shallower. He knew these symptoms, and began to calculate how much time he had left before he would likely pass out again. He figured he maybe had a couple minutes before he'd be useless again — that was plenty of time. With one arm, the young man pressed a buzzer on his bedside table. Soon a nurse would be here, able to help take care of the fallen child. Takeyashi hoped he'd be okay, genuinely concerned for how the weird energies inside of him might affect the young boy. He prayed to Mother Suna that the damage would be negligent.

"Whoops, guess my time is up..." the young man would whisper under his breath, right before his eyes closed shut. He would be asleep for the next few hours, his body adjusting to the shift in energy inside of him. Takeyashi would be completely fine — his body was slowly getting used to these energy shifts. But the boy? It was a good thing the nurse came by soon, especially since she was the one to rush the kid to an available hospital bed. Takeyashi made a mental note to visit the boy once they both awoke. He had to apologize for getting the kid wrapped up in all of this mess.

[ooc: Topic Left.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back