Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

WIOIT [C Rank]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Type: Modded Team Mission
Participants: Kitsune
Combat: None

Description: There has been a massive earthquake in Southern Lightning Country and the village has decided to send a few shinobi to investigate.

Word Count Required: 1200

The following mission is an account of the Kunoichi Kitsune.

My modding will be limited. What you find out is going to very dependent on the series of RPs you do and where you take Kitsune.

The time of day is nine o'clock and Kitsune finds herself in a small town on the main road to the south. The town is rather average in size and amenities. Her inquiries, if any, of the locals have been met with tales and assumptions. So far none of the information gathered has seemed to be of any use. However, it's probably going to get better and better the closer she moves towards Olympus. As of yet, she hasn't set eyes on the floating chunk of the world suspending two miles in the air. Though with another days trek towards the south, it was only a matter of time.

Kitsune has several options. She can interview more people in the town, proceed down the road to the next point of interest, climb a mountain to get a better lay of the land, etc. Post length does NOT matter. I will respond quickly and promptly to whatever actions she takes. This mission is yours to make succeed. (Shouldn't be hard.)

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune had started the day like any other since she got had sacrificed her life to save several people from Enishis insane plans back in Tenouza: By being woken up from her sleep due to having night terrors. Who wouldn’t have nightmares after essentially being killed, then rising from a tomb some time later? Kitsune was bathed in cold sweat, and was sitting upright in her rather sizeable bed.

Shinrya Kitsune’s eyes flickered open suddenly, and she rose to her feet, even as blood continued to spurt from the fatal wound on her chest. As she started to form seals with her crimson-stained hands, a light began to radiate from her body, quickly growing in intensity until it blinded even the Kingslayers.

“A man’s life…of fifty years…is nothing…compared to the age of this world,” she intoned, starting to move her feet and twirl in a rendition of the Atsumori. “It is but a dream, an illusion in the great order of things. There is nothing…in this world that does not perish!”

“Dammit, Risei, I thought you killed her off!” cursed “Rin,” shielding “her” eyes from the light.

“I’m on it!” cursed “Masao”, leaping at Kitsune…

“So my life has come to an end,” sang Kitsune, as a wristblade entered her throat. To her attacker’s horror, she kept speaking. “But the end of everything is only the beginning…of everything,” she said, closing her eyes. A pulse of light now shot from her body, tossing “Masao” aside and bathing the room in its essence.

It was the same nightmare over and over. Night after night. She hated it, but at the same time, it was important to her as it was where she truly helped her allies. Kitsune shook her head free of the troubling memories and got out of bed. After a quick shower, and getting dressed, she discovered an envelope at her door. She took it, opened it, and saw it was a mission, probably what Shin had tasked her with. According to the text, she was to go investigate the southern countryside to find out what could’ve caused the earthquake.

She strolled casually out the door with her usual equipment attached to strap and bands on her clothing and she simply vanished into thin air as the door closed behind her. She re-appeared again several times throughout the city until she reached the gates to outside world, at which point she'd get let out, showing the mission letter as proof of the legality of her errand outside, and then she'd travel by foot for the rest of the way to the village far away from Kumo, quite far towards the south. This might as well be the best place to start. She spotted a villager, and approached him. ”Excuse me, but I’ve been sent to investigate the cause of the earthquake, and I was wondering if you had any information in that regard?” she asked him ”I mean, have you seen or heard anything? Rumors? Travelers reporting strange things? Anything at all?”

[MFT; WC: 460]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The villager she stopped appeared to be wheeling cabbages around, humming a small tune to himself in the monotony of his life as a farmer. At first he was struck by her beauty and voluptuous breast size, he couldn't believe his eyes. He knew no women as blessed as she. But the simple man heard words and refocused on what she was saying with a goofy smile. "Ah the earthquakes?" he began with a tone that said he knew something. "Well the big one really got people worried, but we settled down again, like we always do. Ruffians, earthquakes, cattle stampede, we always recova!" he said with a prideful grin. "But yea, we hear lotsa things on this here road. People been talking about some kind of floating rock in the sky. Others say it's a meteor slowly coming to earth. I think it's all poppycosh, people love their stories!" he continued, then waved his hand. "If you continue down the road, your come to the end of the hills and you might be able to see what their talking about. I haven't had the time with the harvest and all. Speaking of, I need to get back to it. Good day!" concluded the man.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune nodded at the villager saying ”Ah the earthquakes?” – That was indeed why she was there. Then she listened as he continued talking. Apparently people had been talking about a floating rock in the sky and that sounded like something Kitsune ought to investigate. ”A floating rock, huh? Sounds like nonsense to me. But I suppose I should go check it out regardless. Thank you, my good man~” Kitsune said and dashed off in the direction the old man had indicated. If there really was a floating rock somewhere out there, she’d have found what she was looking for. Or, she hoped she would anyways.

Floating rock huh? Wouldn’t that make it flying? Isn’t that like.. Against some rule somewhere? Kitsune pondered.I mean… To my knowledge, no person can fly. Well. Except maybe Shinbatsu. But he’s a special case. Hey, if something up above stopped man from flying, who was Kitsune to try and change that? Hm. Perhaps if someone were to take up the discussion? Nah. How would you discuss with someone not here? she thought as she kept on running. Man that hill was far away. Or maybe she just took a while. Or maybe the writer just needed to pad the adventure to qualify for something.

Upon reaching the hill, she looked into the horizon, trying to spot any floating rocks, but failing to do so. Hmm… Why don’t I see anything…? she asked herself and scratched her head a bit Oh wait. Wrong hill. she realized and shook her head, before heading over to the right one to finally see the floating island.

[MFT; WC 267]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
An island in the air she did find.

It was obvious to her what had caused the quake now. Anything of that size taken from the earth would have caused several magnitudes akin to the ones that lightning country had felt in the last week. Unfortunately, there really wasn't any information to gather outside 'giant floating island in the air'. Not like there was a name tag on the thing or not.

There didn't seem to be much else to see. The crater left behind was nothing but barren rock and a mining crew that was working several exposed veins of ore thanks to the destruction. To Kitsune's left of the crater, there appeared to be some kind of construction going on of a sizable nature. Looked to be a building of some kind for the most part. But there was what looked to be a cradle like structure behind it which was just strange to look at. With her ability to warp, it should prove easy enough to move close in a short amount of time if she felt the need to find more information.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune blinked a few times to make sure her eyes weren’t playing tricks on her (yeah right, as if that was possible) but no, it was true enough. A giant floating island and a just as big crater left underneath it. Whatever happened to separate the floating island from the ground had caused the earthquakes. And not only that, but it also seemed that a lot of construction was going on. This… This is the strangest thing I’ve seen so far. And I’ve seen a kage with bed hair. Kitsune snuck closer to the building, only warping when it was necessary.

As she got closer to the building and pit, she could see the cradle-like structure and she wondered just what the heck it could be. Now, I might be a scientist, but I’ve never seen anything like this in my life. What in the wide friggin’ world is this supposed to be? If I didn’t know any better, it’s like the island could be turned into a flying fortress of doom. Even though that’d be cliché as all hell. she did her very best to stay hidden, so the workers wouldn’t spot her. And in case they did, she’d warp the hell out of there.

[WC: 206]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What was there to be seen now that Kitsune had approached?

Within the crator, their were a couple mining teams taking on the challenge of digging up surface minerals and ores, and then there were survey teams looking for more deeper. They had on uniforms, but she was a bit too far away to see the title of the company on the backs of their shirt.

However, the construction workers nearer to her were quite close enough for her to take notice. While the Titan corporation were in the business of real estate, it was more the buying and selling and/or renting of properties. They weren't responsible for the building. They outsourced for that. Though with the magnitude of the work needed down it was some wonder they didn't just buy the company to take control.

The name on the back of the shirts of the construction workers was Kleenex Construction. They were really known publically for anything, but within the corporate world, the bosslady was known as the Golden Haired Senshi. Known for her skills as a marksman, the woman was usually friendly as long as it wasn't about business. The moment things got serious, she was a shrewd negotiator and had a reputation for being incredibly stubborn.

Aside from the obvious weird ass shit, everything to appear to be normal. Just some mining and construction going on. A caravan with what appeared to be some heavy freight was on it's way towards her and the cradle like object, but it was easily ten minutes out. What was Kitsune's action?

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune raised an eyebrow at the name that brought forth mental imagery of tissues, but apparently they did construction now. She shrugged and kept snooping around, for as long as she could, trying to take in all the details so she could give an accurate and detailed report of her findings. The hell are they doing? I mean. I can see that they’re extracting minerals from the crater, and they’re building stuff. But why? And by Shinbatsu’s backside how the heck is that island floating? I can’t really detect anything from down here. I’d have to get closer. Ah, if only I could fly.

She stretched a bit before warping away from her hiding place, and a relatively safe distance away from the site. Surely this would be enough information for the Raikage. If not, too bad. Kitsune wasn’t able to get up to the island, and why would she risk herself in trying to do so when this was just a C-Rank mission? The pay grade would definitely have to be upped to at least A-Rank before she would do something like that. For now though, she’d head back to Kumogakure, deliver a report and nom a whole lot of food.

It was a boring and uneventful journey home, and she didn’t stop for anyone or anything except the gates, where she showed her mission passport to the guards, and proceeded right inside where she’d then go deliver her report on what had happened, and finally go home for a good meal and a long soak in the tub. Maybe she'd have lasagna. Maybe she'd just skip dinner and go straight to the dessert. Who knew?

[MFT; WC: 277]
[Final WC: 1210]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back