Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Wipe on, Wipe off [Tutor]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Research, reform, repeat.

I don't know how many times I had said those words in my head over the course of the last couple years. It had started when I had just become an academy student and hadn't stopped to this day a year or so later when I was already getting put up for the second half of the Chuunin exams. I already knew fairly well that I was a shoe-in if my meteoric rise was to be a sign, but it never hurt to stay sharp and maybe make some small breakthrough during this interlude. It'd be a lie to say that I wasn't proud of myself and what I had accomplished in such a short time, but I had been humbled enough times by other comparable fighters to believe I was invincible or anything other than a squishy glass cannon of a fighter if my bruising was any indication. I was strong, capable, but I was unbalanced. I didn't mean unbalanced by the lack of a right arm or anything. That had corrected itself fairly quickly from continuous use of my off hand and a refinement to my control over metal. It was more a sense of my 'style' that seemed to be fundamentally lacking. I was too aggressive, too reckless, and still growing into my own skin. It was something that would probably take a long time to fix. At least, much longer than it was taking me to reach my peak in physical ability.

The changes from month to month were beginning to wane from my earlier explosive growth. I doubted It was going to take me another year to start hitting my plateau, and I was both excited and disappointed in that realization. The upper limit for shinobi was there for everyone, there was only so much power a human could utilize and while some could push it further, there was always a price to be paid. I didn't want to think about some examples of that insanity that I had seen before, but my mind kept going back to it as I didn't have much else to think about as I stared down the targets in front of me, casually throwing kunai at a moving target at the end of this shooting range in the outskirts of the city limits. Most didn't bother coming this far out when there were other competing ranges well within the city proper. On the other hand, I loved this place. It was quiet, mostly free of people, and those that came had enough sense to keep to themselves.

Most of my shots were hitting the target, but very few of them were hitting center mass, always veering left or right by a couple inches. It was a big improvement from my aim a couple months ago, I had to admit, but still unacceptable for an inspiring chuunin. It was a lucky break that my magnetism made the point mute as I could refocus the blades to go just about anywhere I wanted as long as it wasn't too sharp of an angle. The blade would just lose most of the momentum doing it that way, though, and I always found the expenditure a waste of both chakra and energy for minimal gain. It was just easier to practice and not need my affinity to act as a crutch for me as it were.

Regardless, I was pretty shit when it came to my hand-eye coordination as it was. It hadn't always been like that, I had been a pretty decent throw when I had used my right arm, but relearning the release and nuances from my left had still caused me issues. Before long another hour had passed, sweat dripping from my brows and I was thinking of finishing up when I heard something approaching. At first, I ignored it, thinking it was somewhat distant. As it grew closer, however, I started feeling the slight vibrations in the ground. Whatever was coming this way was big. Not thinking much more about it, I drew my spear and held my breath, waiting to see what was sending a chill up my spine.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Whenever the situation arose where Tatsuo was able to freely travel outside of the village with little trouble he always did. He did not mind travelling with his students but they were beginning to grow to an age where they did not need someone around to watch them constantly, but it let him truly relax. While he was never an anxious man, when in the company of his students he was always on guard, if something were to happen to them he would feel absolutely terrible. Luckily he had been able to avoid much trouble when they were around, but when he was alone there was plenty of trouble to make and fights to find.

He honestly intended for this to be a normal day, perhaps go visit part of the warmer parts of the Lightning Country before he debated offing himself because of the constant cold and while on one of those treks, right outside of the village he could immediately feel something was going on. There was a tension in the air, one that was usually followed by one thing. Combat. He took in a deep breath and focused on his surroundings, from what he could tell he was maybe forty, maybe fifty, meters from what was going on. A line of trees separated himself and the conflict soon to happen.

They were so close to the village, the risk of it being shinobi were high. Tatsuo reached into his pack and grabbed a kunai, placing it into his hand as he jumped into the air landing on the nearest tree and making his through the thicket. He only caught the rear end of the beast as it charged out of the forest into the clearing. Tatsuo was quick to follow and as he broke through the dark veil of the thick woods he finally got his first good glimpse of the beast. Arachnid in nature, however much larger than your average house spider. Something that Tatsuo had dealt with in the past, alongside Kaji-sensei, but never one of this size. As it tore through the woods it left a trail of wood and web behind it. For whatever reason it decided Eishi would be a good lunch, but hopefully that wouldn't happen with a little back up.

With the formation of a few quick hand seals Tatsuo shouted "Wood Style: Great Heart Piercer!" From the earth below a tendril of wood thicker than a large oak tree shot straight for the spider, in an attempt to impale the beast and end this quickly, however his wood shattered upon contact with the strong chitin. This got quite the reaction out of Tatsuo as his face curled into a worried frown. The last spiders he fought were of little issue, a technique like that would've torn the rest of them apart however this one seemed to be a cut above the rest. He glanced over to Eishi, the one handed spear.. boy? He was young that was for sure, how he carried himself he couldn't be any older than a Chuunin. While Tatsuo didn't seem much older than the boy, being only sixteen, he was worried that he might just get in the way but considering that attack left little more than a bruise to the beast maybe he'd need all the help he could get.

Shouting over to Eishi, "Are you injured!?" as he quickly crafted a few more hand seals producing a wooden clone that grew from outside of his back as he fought for the spider's attention. It seemed relatively intent on attacking Eishi which was an issue for Tatsuo but he was ready to make a move before the spider could. He just hoped the kid was stronger than he looked.

WC: 626/1500
PC: 1/5

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Spiders? I was never a fan of them. No real phobia or the anything like that, but spiders were seldom noted for being anything beyond vicious and carnivorous. When they got big enough, like the size of a small dog, they became downright scary. I'd have thought that I would be ready for the giant charging spider at this point in my life, but it came a whole lot quicker than what I was expecting for something that big to be able to manage. I didn't bother to continue thinking as I let my fighter brain go on full throttle. Planting my spear into the ground from a forward dash with enough momentum and straining, charka infused muscles to lift me off the ground a good twenty was a good start, but it wasn't enough to completely clear the beast. I had to think quickly, and reoriented myself in the air to plant my spear downward into the top of its head, giving myself another pogo bounce off as it hit the hardened carapace. It hadn't been enough to hurt the damned thing beyond the equivalence of a toothpick being jabbed into its forehead. I was downright troubled by my lack of an impact as I cursed under my breath, but became a bit happier once I found that I had left a coin-sized hole along a larger crack in the center of its many-eyed face.

As I landed back on the ground behind the beast, my attempt at being a matador seemingly going off without a hitch, I could feel my heart beating fast with my brush of death via trampling. I hadn't expected a full workout from a couple seconds of exertion, but now that I was starting to get into it with the looming death no longer coming on a crash course with me, I was feeling more clear headed. Roughly around then, I heard another's voice. It threw me into confusion for a second before I was able locating its origins coming from a teenager. He looked young, but at least still older than I was so that was at least somewhat of a good sign as he was repping our crest on his head. I caught my breath before speaking in response to him.

"Yea, I knew it was coming. Still took me for a hell of a pole vault," I didn't bother commenting on the speed of the fucker, he had seen its speed just as well as I. It was downright scary how fast that thing was going for its size and now that I was watching it from behind, I got a real good sense at how lucky I was. I took another deep breath, watching the creature grow even smaller before speaking again.

"Probably need to do something about it," I bemoaned in resignation before taking off after the beast. Assuming the teen also came along, I'd talk as we were in pursuit.

"Eishi Isobe, Genin," I commented, my spear back in the holster until we got back in range of the spider. If nothing else we were going to have to get it's attention before it did some serious damage and I was still in the process of thinking up how to do that.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo was relieved a bit when he saw the pole vaulting maneuver done by Eishi. While they still had a big fight on their hands, it was nice to know the kid knew what he was doing. A small grin appeared on Tatsuo's face, it had been a while since he had been in a good fight. He was quick to put the kunai back in his pack considering the strong chitin would make any little projectile nearly useless against the tough armored beast. As Eishi prepared to go back in, Tatsuo formed a few hand seals, producing a large wooden hammer from his arm. One he tried to strike down at the spider with. However the spider was much quicker than expected, it lifted two if its legs grabbing at the hammer. It jerked back the wooden stake and sent Tatsuo flying over head of it.

Flying through the air he made contact with a nearby tree and was luckily able to save himself without much issue. The spider still was enraged by Eishi's earlier blow and had a certain blood lust towards the boy and no matter how much Tatsuo tried to get it's attention he failed to do so. He'd have to just support Eishi and do as much damage as possible. "I think!" he called out as he jumped down from the tree forming a new set of hand seals. "Blunt attacks will probably work better on it!" Unfortunate that the boy had a spear, but he was able to make a crack in it, perhaps with enough luck he could hit somewhere fatal.

"You any good at blunt, or is that spear all you got?" Tatsuo asked as he rose up a wooden wall that was immediately knocked down by the charging spider, barely getting a flinch from the terrible beast.

WC: 932
PC: 2/5

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I didn't say anything for a moment as a plan came to form in my head.

"Direct is always best... Alright, actual plan time," I slapped my hand against my thigh as I came to a conclusion, noting the teen's previous use of malleted arms.

"Need to get him to charge me again, hit the same spot, and hopefully, get my spear jammed in there. From there, as you said, blunt attacks will 'probably' work," I smirked, hoping he caught the gist of it. I quickly picked up the pace without much more delay, trying to outrun the giant spider. I cast [Taunt] on the creature when I was slightly off to its right before dropping all four of my spiked balls when I was in place, infusing them with [Magnetize] as they all began to float around me in a circle. I launched all four into different eyes of the spider, hopefully blinding his entire right side as the spikes embedding themselves deeply. It didn't take me long to gets its attention from that point, it was completely focused on me now as it did a small turn to come my way. Still just a dumb animal I sneered as I launched myself back up into the air just as I had done previously. This time, however, I focused on my spearhead and poured a plethora of magnetic chakra into it, straightening the edge and causing the head to slightly vibrate like a saw.

My point was true as I jammed it home right where I had last struck. This time, however, the head of the spear went in a quarter of the way in and I twisted the spear, trying to get it as stuck as I could manage. I finally launched off the shaft of the spear as the monster roared. This time it at least felt my attack, but that probably wouldn't last for long. I had no fear of my spear being damaged, that thing was twenty pounds of steel, it was basically a giant ballista arrow.

"Prepped for the quick kill!" I shouted as I recovered from a tumble into a couple rolls to get back to my feet and correct my posture, expecting another attack if the monster had time to recover.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy was good for his age and skill level, it did help ease the worry Tatsuo had and as the boy continued the assault he was met with support from Tatsuo. Whether it be through wooden tendrils to block his crashing claws or to strike the damn spider himself. He had a strange mastery over metal, much like Tatsuo did his wood however he relied more on the physical capabilities of his spear and utilized chakra to enhance it. An interesting fighting style Tatsuo thought despite the quick flashes of combat that was distracting the both of them.

When Eishi finally stabbed him with a spear, no a ballista, Tatsuo grinned and realized what he had to do. The rage of battle was continuing on and there was a certain fun Tatsuo found in fighting beasts like these, while he loved combat and nearly everything about it, when other humans or innocents were involved he spent most of his time worrying about saving those. With a weakness in the strong chitin of the spider he formed a quick few hand seals producing another wooden hammer that grew from his arm. Bringing it down hard he crashed onto the ballista, impaling the spider and sending blood, guts, and other spider gunk flying around them. Tatsuo cringed a bit as some got all over him but he brought a hand to rub the back of his neck, "Well... looks like we got it? Could be a bit cleaner though.." he said as he wiped a big glop of the random spider bits off him.

A quick wipe of his hand on a cleaner part of his clothes he made his way over to Eishi and extended it for a shake. "Ranna, Tatsuo." While he wore a headband of Kumogakure, his accent was one foreign, had Eishi any experience with shinobi of Konoha perhaps he would recognize it. "You're really only a Genin? You've got some skills for one." he said grinning from ear to ear.

WC: 1266/1500
PC: 3/5

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I've been having a good year," I shrugged as I took his hand and gave him a firm shake.

"Though, I have to disagree on the cleanliness. Only part that's a mess is the upper carapace. Head's mint, silk gland's pristine, legs are still good. We'll probably get a good bounty on this guy," I commented, looking over our kill. There were always plenty of tanners that'd probably pay for a giant spider carcass like this. I went over to the entry point of my spear on the body, using my affinity to feel the spear wiggling around the inside as I tried to guide it back out the way it came. It was taking me more time than I had expected, so many hardened organs getting in the way and the squishy sounds weren't helping.

"Nasty business..." I mutter as I kept trying to will my spear out before I questioned Tatsuo.

"Any guess where he was heading? It seems a bit out of place," I asked as I finally felt my spear near the hole. I pulled up my sleeve and I dipped my hand into the body as I got a firm grasp around the shaft. I began to pull it free and with a nasty couple sucking sounds, I was able to free it. My arm and entire spear were covered in some nasty innards.

"Smells like death, my word," I shutter as I looked around for some water to clean my arm off.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo gave him a firm shake and grinned, "Yeah, seems like lot of people have been having good years recently. Keep it up and maybe you'll be a Jonin soon."

He looked down to his clothes and a quick grimace appeared on his face, however he was quick to give his attention to the remaining bits of the spider. He nodded along as Eishi explained the value of the body, "You're right, it's worth quite a bit like this. Problem is.. we're too far from any towns to drag it, unless you intend to carry it on your back up the Dragontooth pass. Sometimes it's just easier to leave it." Letting out a sigh, he reached into one of the bags and pulled out an empty water skin "Though, venom is always light. Sells pretty well too, lots of shinobi like to use it for poison. I don't really deal in the stuff myself, but i've seen Kaji-sensei trade it before for some equipment." Making his way over to the beast he formed a single hand seal and lifted his arm, wooden tendrils stabbing into the mouth of the spider, opening it up to the venom glands. "Might not want touch it, i'm not really sure what the stuff does since both of us were lucky enough to avoid it, fight would've went a lot different had we not."

It'd seem Tatsuo had a great deal of experience with these spiders, having fought them before, but never this size and especially not this close to civilization. "I remember.." he said as he siphoned poison into his water skin, "Once Kaji-sensei was ambushed by a pack of these. Smaller, but I had just gotten my headband then." he grinned thinking back to the moment. "Being the dumb ass I was, I charged right in and luckily enough I managed to impale one of these with just a kick, but those were smaller. I assume this one was a big female." he stood up and tossed the water skin in his hand a bit, it making a plopping noise as it landed back into my hand.

"It's been raining pretty heavily."
He looked to the flora around them which still covered in a thin layer of dew and there always was the cloudy sky, "When it rains a lot, sometimes they'll come down the mountains to escape the flash floods. Again, can't say i've seen this one close to anywhere with people but luckily we were both here. Would've been a tough battle alone."

He shrugged and laughed at the comment of the smell, "You kinda get used to it. Monster hunting is sort of a hobby of mine, I don't really do it for the money, but there's a lot to be found if you're eager. More likely dying then making money though." he rubbed his chin with his free hand before lifting his arm up and offering him the water skin. "I just recently bought a bunch of kunai and the likes, not really worried about the money. You want it? Could get you a pretty penny at any of the markets in Kumo."

WC: Enough
PC: 4/5

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Nah, I'm in no rush to be having expectations pushed onto me," I answered back as I took his water skin and held it in place with my teeth as I poured it over my arm. The smell was still there, but at least my arm wasn't gross anymore. I sighed in relief as I took the water pouch and put it in my bag as he offered. Only had one myself, so a spare could always come in handy.

"Listen, I was already about to head back into town from my workout as it were, so I'll contact some trappers I know to come and collect what they can for a split of the sale, I said to excuse myself. It was true enough that I was already slightly worn from the workout prior to the attack, but now that it was all said and done, I could use some food and a nap. Mostly I just wanted to go take a nice long shower because my arm felt gross and I was covered in dust and sweat from the momentary exertions of the day. I'd let Tatsuo say whatever else he wanted to before I left, though I made it clear I was rearing to leave, nothing against him.

"Hit me up if you ever see me around. It shouldn't be too hard to find me," I commented as I said my goodbye and heading back towards the road to the city. I needed to go get fat and sassy before I passed out in a food coma.
[EXIT]

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo's face went blank, his mouth a bit ajar. His eyebrows raised as he shook his head, he couldn't believe that Eishi had just poured a toxic poison all over his arm. If he was lucky, it wouldn't be deadly, but there was no doubt that it was dangerous. Unfortunately Tatsuo's use of medical jutsu was limited at best so there wasn't much he could do other than placing a hand on him, infusing him with enough natural energy to hopefully at least make the pain bearable!

Depending on just how resilient Eishi's body was, he would at the least, be in burning agony as the poison probably made him wish that both of his arms had fallen off. Nasty stuff, really. Tatsuo did his best to help Eishi back to the village and hopefully, to meet someone who could actually do something. But Tatsuo worried that there wasn't much you could do for a ninja who willingly poured poison onto his arm.

[Thread Exit]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back