Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Witness! A Blazing Spirit! [Spectating Hoshi | Open]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: Was on shift all week and had to prioritize the mod.

IC:

"Hey weirdo, how come you aren't taking part yourself? You seem a bit bored since you're trying so hard to stir Tatsuo up."

His head turned to look over Yaboi. His chapped, thin lips peeled back exposing his yellowed and crooked teeth as he let out a low guffaw. "How... inarticulate you are. I would have termed myself bizarre." Words have meaning Yaboi, indeed they do. The power you give with such gracious words is astounding. "Speak such gracious words again this hour," his eyes betrayed a mischievous glimmer. "Careless words such as your give" he scoffed "'weirdos' such as me power." Of course children do not know of what or whom they speak, they just use words they know with little understanding of what they were... what they are. They just said things thoughtlessly. "I plan to trial the winner, anything less is the efforts of a beginner."

"Tatsuo, why you attracting people like this guy? Thought we were here to watch Hoshi fight." The kids were not doing a very good job defusing the situation. Kids were rarely useful, as these ones demonstrated. A hindrance. An Achilles.

"Blame the pompadour." he replied.

“I think that I’ve seen you before… you too, although I’m not so sure about you… and you… uhh… nice bandages.”

Another kid scurried in. Yes, his bandages were 'nice.' "Could get you some similar decor," they are too easy on kids these days. There was something menacing in how he said that.

"I was travelling when they were choosing the fighters. By the time I was back in the Village, they had already been chosen."

He explained. "So, you would have won a fight?" He prodded. Hubris? He watched as Hoshi's bones started to break. Snap. Crack. Pop. They would twist and writhe but he would stand. "I have a feeling that you would not be able to withstand the demon's blight." Envy.

"I think Hoshi is stronger than me, yeah. If we fought, I would put my money on him. He's one of the most resilient people i've ever met."

Or not...

They talked about who the other guy was. "Fake ninja to prove that shinobi skillsets could be bought without the village middle man," Ichi commented. "In fact..." He would stand up and make his way over to Suika. "Young lady, would you like to learn how be a better fighter than this man?" He was referring to Tatsuo of course. He would extend a bandaged hand in her direction. "You realize that I too am a capable illusionist," his voice would run dry like autumn leaves. [Offer: He wants to have you join him for a 'game.'] With promises of greatness he was asking her to do something both dangerous and foolish. To take her hand, but certainly she likely felt safe her among these boys. The was likely one of the few girls in her class and sh was likely smothered with attention. After long enough it became an expectation. It became a groundless confidence. He would lean forward and whisper something into her ear. If she was asked what she was told, she would not be able to make sense of the words he said. Something that perhaps rhymed with dead. Med. Fed. Lead?

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He got to greet a good amount of people that he had seen and not seen, involving Doi, Saito and Suika. Although, the first thing that he heard was the bandaged guy’s next towards towards him, giving out a rather scary expression. Honnou wasn’t really… uh, he did take a good look at his own arm; would he really look that great all tied up in bandages? It would, if thought thoroughly, protect him as a layer of armor - imagine it made of a very sturdy material - but he would look like a mummy twenty-four seven… then again, life over looks…

So Saito was part of the exchange program with Leaf… that explained why Honnou had never seen him before after he became a Genin. “Blazing… Spirit?” he spoke up curiously, changing his field of vision towards the struggling Hoshi, “You mean like Hoshi? I heard those words before…” It must’ve been heard during his spar with Hoshi back at Kumo where he mentioned something ala ‘a blazing spirit’. Was this what he meant? It could have been something else, something hidden and sturdy between those words…

Suika greeted him happily, and so did Honnou with a quick salute with his right hand and a smile. She suddenly asked him if he was taking notes on Byakugan 101, and he couldn’t but feel a little flustered. It… it wasn’t as if he would be able to learn the same moves as Hoshi or anything. In the end, he pouted and replied: “Pft… as if… I don’t know what this Blazing Spirit is or Hachimon, but it doesn’t look like me.” His arms rested behind his head as he said so, “I mean… it sure looks awesome- woah, it’s really awesome, actually…” His words were briefly influenced by the outcome of the battle below as he kept watching, “But… last time I tried it out, I was so out of place. It felt unnatural to me…”

Honnou did, just like Hoshi, take pride in his clan’s secret battle style, the Jyuuken. However, utilizing both Jyuuken and Hachimon was almost impossible for him. He found that answer after his experiences with Hoshi’s training, but he leant more and more towards using his ordinary Byakugan alone. Those eyes of his had helped him out of countless situations… but was Hachimon the top of potential techniques to be mastered?

“With the amount of bones that he’s breaking… on top of his opponent... I bet Hoshi will look like you, Mummy-sama.”

Akimitsu Doi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Saito said:
"How's it going with you? How was your genin test? I had to climb a waterfall!"

"My exam wasn't that exciting..." Doi was but surprised Saito had to climb a waterfall for his examination. Yet, it must've been something you'd expect while training under Tatsuo. "Mine was just a normal three part exam." He was unsure if he would've preferred a test like Saito's, but climbing a waterfall seemed like it would've taken much more effort than his did. Another thing that caught Doi's attention was Saito being a member of the Blazing Spirit. He wasn't all too familiar with the group, but he was aware that Hoshi was a core member. Saito must've been very talented if he was able to join their ranks.

The fighting spectacle continued. Hoshi was holding his own against his a very strong opponent. Doi could definitely say he wasn't let down by the older boy's performance. It was great to see him face an actual challenge for once. He never went all out during any of their training sessions.

As he looked amongst Tatsuo's little group of spectators, Doi noticed that a strange character — presumably male — that was covered in bandages had joined them at some point. It also looked like he'd developed a keen interest in the young Kumo girl that Doi hadn't met.

A portion of their group was actively monitoring the strange individual to make sure he didn't do anything that'd endanger the girl. Doi wasn't too worried, though. The Kumo girl could more than likely defend herself if need be, and there were plenty of other shinobi around. Surely this strange character wouldn't try anything, but he'd be speedily dealt with if he did. Unless he had something surprising up his sleeve, that is.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
My last post was on the 2nd, last post in this thread was on the 3rd... I am leaving this thread due to inactivity.

Samsara Saito

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yeah I know this thread is dead but Hoshi and Akkuma are still fighting so I figure it's okay to spectate it until the fight is over! :D

"GOOOOOOOOO HOSHI-SENPAIIIIIII!!!!! KEEP FIGHTING!!!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!!"

Saito cheered endlessly for Hoshi, and as the fight went on and Hoshi appeared to be losing the young boy's emotions slowly rose to the surface until they were on full display, tears streaming down the young Genin's face. But the boy didn't seem sad, in fact his bright, focused expression showed pride. The Blazing Spirit member down in the arena there showed the crowds what it really looked like to fight against all odds, to never give up, to keep looking for options and continue on to the last breath -- and beyond. Hoshi didn't look as though he had much stamina left, but he kept fighting, staying conscious and active through the use of sheer willpower. Saito had never seen such endurance before, such bravery, such a focus on goals beyond the present situation. Hoshi's ideals made him continue despite all obstacles, whether such obstacles could not be surmounted or merely appeared to be unsurmountable. It made Saito think back to the story Tatsuo told him about when Tatsuo, Hoshi, and Hira fought Kaen, a powerful fire style user who escaped from Kumo prison some time ago. The three of them fought through insurmountable odds then, taking the lesson the Sand shinobi taught them through the experience and founding the Blazing Spirit on the ideals learned from that fight. The young Kumo Genin watched his senior down in the arena show the rest of the arena what it meant to have a blazing spirit, spellbound at the display. At this point, whether Hoshi won or lost hardly mattered to the boy. If Hoshi's intent was to show the world his way of the ninja, having the guts to look at what seemed an impossible situation in the face and believe in yourself enough to keep standing back up, he definitely had inspired at least one person in that arena. As he kept fighting, disappearing and reappearing from sight and launching whatever attacks and defenses he could, Saito watched spellbound, determined to remember his bravery forevermore and proud to be a member of the Blazing Spirit. I can't wait to meet Hoshi-senpai! I wonder when that will be? Certainly after he gets out of emergency care.

[MFT, WC: 376]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back