Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

World Class Cuisine [Open]

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The night was young, or at least, that's what Seven's inner clock told him. He sensed that it was nearing somewhere around five o'clock in the evening, and although no one could see the changing lightness of the sky above, the very feeling of the day slowing down was abundant. Normal village folk were going home to their families, having put in their time at work. Shops were slowing down, their customers calling it quits for the day. Quaint, evening restaurants were lighting up their windows to welcome their clientele. Indeed, it wouldnt be long until night was upon the village.

A sneeze racked Number Seven's immense frame from where he sat in a corner of The Tower's kitchen. He lowered his head and rubbed at his nose with a large paw as he watched his fiery headed human dash around the room, grabbing this and that's. A book was lying open upon one of the counters, turned to some page or another. For reasons that Seven couldnt understand, Okibi wanted to try her hand at cooking, and without any lick of past experience or know how too. Already, Seven could see the entire thing ending badly.

"Are you sure you dont want to ask someone for some help? Miss Chiyoko would probably be happy to. Im pretty certain she used to cook, since Kitchenzilla is made of her old oven." He attempted to persuade the girl. But Okibi would have none of it, shaking her head furiously as she tossed large bowls, mixing spoons, and ingredients upon the counter beside the cooking book.

"No help! Okibi do this alone. Big surprise!" She exclaimed as she pulled out a stool so she could properly see what she was doing. She had grown a few inches since she and Seven had first come to the village, but the counters will still much too high for her. Pulling the book closer, she tried to read the instructions out loud. Tried, being the operative word.

"This not make sense! What 'tsp' is!?" She yelled angrily, pronouncing the abbreviated 'teaspoon' as 'tisp'. She threw the useless book to the ground, and then stomped on it for good measure. Number Seven shook his head. That girl and her temper... taking it out on poor books.

"I will go find Miss Chiyoko." Seven said as he began to stand up, intent on finding the human woman so she could assist his impatient girl. Okibi spun around and threw glare daggers at him, practically pinning him to the wall with her fury. "No! You stay there! Okibi do this herself!" She yelled. It was a miracle how no one had happened upon them yet, wondering what the racket was. Quietly, Seven returned to lying down in the corner.

Turning back around while muttering to herself, Okibi started to throw all manner of ingredients in all manner of measurements into a big bowl. With her brow practically hanging over her eyes, she stirred the concoction furiously, splashing it everywhere, including all over herself. Seven watched as a stray splatter landed right in front of him, almost ten feet away... He leaned forward to smell it and nearly passed out from the horrid stench. "Okibi... I really think-" He was cut off when the girl turned another scathing glower on him, this time with bared fangs and a snarl.

Hopping off the stool, Okbi threw open the oven, where she had seen someone once pull a cake from. That time it had smelled so delicious, and hers would be just as good. Not even bothering to transfer her foul smelling concoction, she stuffed the large plastic bowl into the oven, growling when it wouldnt fit properly. With a swift and mighty kick, she got the entire bowl inside, though the wire shelving buckled and some of the nastiness spilled over. Slamming the over door shut, she looked to the switches and buttons on the ovens face, and momentarily stopped as she tried to figure out how to work the thing... After a minute, she gave up in her frustration and threw every switch and turned every dial as far as it would go. Stepping back, she nodded triumphantly as the coils atop the stove began to turn red, and the light in the oven burned bright.

"There see. Okibi know just what Okibi do." She said as Seven gingerly made his way over. He didnt know exactly how human appliances worked, but even he could see that the oven was turned up far too high. Already a rancid black smoke was spewing from its cracks and the air in the room was heating up with the free heat coming from the uncovered stove coils. The smell, ooooh the horrid smell. Sneezing once more, Seven looked to his human girl and saw she was having a hard time trying not to cover her nose, and keep her eyes from watering up, always with that triumphant grin in place.

"What did you put in that?" He asked, wheezing slightly as the smoke in the room got thicker. Okibi shrugged carelessly, and coughed lightly. "Okibi not know."

Just then, the oven began to rattle, and the plastic bowl began to melt as the acrid black smoke blocked their view of the small window in the door. Seven sensed that something big was about to happen... and his senses were never wrong. He was about to usher his human out of the room, not taking no for an answer when the machine began to practically jump up and down, barely containing Okibi's concoction. It was only a matter of time before-!

BOOM!

The oven door exploded outward, flying off its hinges! Disgusting brown goo, hot to the touch, flew all across the room, covering every surface. Seven had been just quick enough to cover Okibi, and hissed in pain when the burning hot muck and melted plastic landed on his hide. His fur wasnt long nor thick enough to protect him. He'd felt worse, but it was definitely going to leave a stinging mark. "Are you unhurt?" He asked the girl through clenched teeth the size of knives. On her part, Okibi looked thoroughly surprised and shell shocked, simply standing there huddled under Seven's enormousness. Not a drop of the nasty sludge had hit her but... augh! That smell! By now, Okibi couldnt help herself, and a hand flew up to cover her offended face.

When they both looked up, the room was indeed a fantastic mess. Not a hint of the floor or the wall could be seen under the brown goo. Oddly, it stuck like plaster, and dried much faster. "Well... this is a fine mess." Seven couldnt help commenting.

Hattori Kieren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Slipping into the Steward's lab, Tia suppressed a sigh. Too easy. As her gaze fell on the Steward, she felt her heart race, her pupils dilated, and her face flushed. She'd never admit the reaction was there, as she took a cleansing breath to calm her nerves. Padding over the floor silently, she placed her steps carefully, eager to avoid the creaks. Pressing herself against the kage's back, she rested her hands on his hips, her breath brushing softly over the man's neck. Singing softly, she whispered into his ear, Where's my samurai? And then it all went wrong. Weather the Kage's steward had been startled or just miscalculated, Tia didn't know, but it was only seconds before the two of them were blasted across the room. Groaning, the woman felt the world swimming around her. Most of the blast had hit the Steward, but the concussion had definitely thrown her inner ear out of balance. So, ears ringing, she pushed herself off the floor with a groan. Bringing a hand to her breast, she felt the warmth of fresh blood, though any thoughts of herself fled as she surveyed the damage. Workbench aflame, the room was filling with smoke, she could already feel the breathable air becoming scarce. Looking around for Sousuke, she found him laying near where she'd landed. He wasn't moving, not even the rhythmic movement of breath. Panicked, she grabbed the man's collar and started for the door. Stumbling out, she slumped against the wall, the unconscious stewards head resting in her lap. Her eyes heavy, she forced the heavier man off her before using what little chakra she could muster to quench the flames. Slamming the door to trap the smoke inside, she turned her attention back to the still not breathing Sousuke. No, no. You can't be dead. You can't Grabbing the man's shirt, she tore it open, pressing her head to his chest. A heartbeat, faint, but strong. Yes, there was still hope. Rearing back, she adjusted the stewards head to open his windpipe. Pressing her lips to his, she exhaled. Pushing on his chest, she made twenty compressions before giving him another breath. How long she worked on him, she didn't know, just that when he finally coughed, she'd never felt happier. A small cry of delight and she would press her lips to his again. Not for breath, but a real kiss.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward's mind was a mess of numbers as he was endlessly calculating numbers. He was no longer working on the helmet of his armour set but he was working the arm. The Steward continued to work on the bracelet section as Tia had walked in. The Steward didn't realize she had walked in but realized that he had made a mistake in setting up the bracer. "Hurm..."</B><i></i> The Steward realized he was in the wrong when he inset the chakra wire. "What's that smell?"<i></i> Just as Tia as made it past him, an explosion rocked the Steward. He went flying and knocked his head against a wall and went unconscious.
Sousuke's subconscious said:
A number of miniature Mechanical Sousukes each with a number on their chest were carrying giant numbers and working in conjunction to finish today's great mathematical equation which in reality was the completion of the bracer. The moment Sousuke went unconscious a red alert went off and a number of the miniature Sousukes began to panic. "The end is nigh!"<i></i> Shouted Number Seventy-Two. "The great equation save us!"<i></i> Cried Number Sixty-two. "Critical Error! Critical Error!" Shouted number Twenty-Nine.

Amidst the chaos Number One picked up a megaphone. <B>"Gentle-Numbers! Calm down! Gentle-Numbers!"<i></i> No one was listening to him. He tapped his foot and then spoke even louder. "GENTLE-NUMBERS! CONTROL YOURSELVES AND PROCEED PROCESSING RESTORE CODE SIX!"<i></i> The miniature Sousuke stopped to listen to Number One. "What?"<i></i> Number One pointed to a large board of missing numbers. "Oh. That. Why didn't you say so earlier?"<i></i> Spoke Number Ten. The little Sousukes all ran towards the board of missing numbers carrying new ones to put into the board. "Nine! We need a nine!"<i></i> Spoke Number Nine, and soon enough the number nine was filled in. Soon enough the great equation was completed.

"Excellent work!"<i></i> Spoke Number One. Number Seven rose his hand. "Yes Number Four?"<i></i> Number One inquired. "What about the Great Destroyer? The Great Discombobulator? She who brings about the Great Blue Terror?"<i></i> Number One looked towards his company. He simply shrugged. "Panic. I would panic. A very cool and controlled panic, but panic."<i></i> He advised his fellow Sousukes. "Yes. Quite. Agreed. Affirmative. Well said! Thats why you're Number One!"<i></i> Many of them spoke before doing just what Number One said. They would then begin to run in circles with their arms flailing but made a very visible effort not to run into the board of numbers they had just complied.

Sousuke was coughing. "What the... ?"<i></i> The Steward said before Tia applied her lips to him again. The Steward kicked and smacked his arm against the floor. The Steward was not known for his physical strength, but he hit the floor hard enough to make it cave in. The Steward fell down into the kitchen and landed on the strange goop that Okibi had made. The Steward was very thankful for this strange substance breaking his fall. He felt a twang of pain. "Ack. Hack. No more. Please ..."<i></i> The Steward sat up, and continued to cough. "The Kitchen? Are we under attack? What is ... Okibi? Number Seven are you well? Tia. ... Is sh-"<i></i> The Steward would again begin to cough.

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"That should do it." Seven thought aloud as he was finally able to work a window open after jostling the latch free with his paw. He turned to look at Okibi and was surprised to find her face twisted up in a way he had never seen before. If he didnt know better, he would say she was on the verge of-

A cracking noise interrupted Seven's thoughts, coming from the ceiling. Both he and Okibi looked up just in time to see a large portion of it cave, crashing down to the muck covered floor along with two human bodies. The duo jumped slightly, and backed up in case the strange appearance was threatening. Neither could tell by smell since the entire room reeked of Okibi's 'cooking'. Their wariness eased when they saw that one of the two bodies that fell belonged to their own Sousuke. Seven wheezed out an affirmative when the man asked if they were well, and wasnt surprised when the man gave in to a coughing fit of his own. The smell in the room, along with all the dust that was now floating around thanks to the cave in would make any one hack a little.

It seemed, however, that all was not fine. Number Seven looked at Okibi just to make doubly sure she was ok, and jumped again when he saw that her chin was trembling and her eyes were watering. She... she was going to cry!

And who could blame the girl? After trying her hardest to prepare a delicious cake for her pack mates, only to fail miserably and practically destroy the kitchen, and to then have one of said pack mates fall into the disgusting mess... Who would not be at their wits end?

Unable to handle it any longer, Okibi's face crumpled and she took in two gasping breaths before letting loose a wall shaking wail. She fell to the floor, her legs bending beneath her as he face turned towards the ruined ceiling. The tears ran freely as she openly lost herself in a crying fit. Her first one ever.

Her first one ever. Number Seven had no idea how to handle this!

"Ah- buh-" The giant dog stuttered, looking to Sousuke for help. Never in her life had Okibi ever had such a human moment such as this, and Seven was absolutely at a loss. Aside from the time he had first found her, crying in the woods as a babe, he'd never seen water come from her eyes. What was a dog to do!?

Hattori Kieren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Feeling Sousuke thrashing beneath her, the medical Senin pushed herself up. Pushing herself up, she blushed deeply, just seconds before the floor beneath them collapsed. Letting out a shriek, the girl found herself once again cushioned by the Stewards body, though this time it was she who was on top. Groaning in pain, she rolled off him as her entire body ached. At least her ears had stopped ringing. Giving a soft laugh, she narrowed her eyes. Looking up at the hole in the ceiling, she shook her head. Come on Souske, I couldn't have been that bad. Certainly not to warrant smashing a hole in the ceiling over a little kiss. I'm just happy your not dead. Rolling back towards the Steward, she rested her head against his chest, smiling at the rhythmic sound of his heart beating. You scared me. Running her hand gently over his bare chest, she nuzzled against him, feeling more comfortable then she'd ever imagined she could. Not the smell of smoke that pierced her nostrils, the wailing dog girl that assaulted her ears, or the rubble she was laying on. Not even the bleeding wound in her chest she'd nearly forgotten, could disturb the peace she felt laying there with her ear pressed to the stewards chest.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke felt as if someone had taken a titanium hammer and smashed his chest. That was the feeling that Tia had upon him as she dropped down upon his small frame. The Steward was in much pain, but he would not scream out in pain. The Steward coughed again. "Kiss? No. You were smothering me with your big lips. I could not breath."<i></i> He spoke as he turned to regard Okibi and Number Seven. "Uhm... this is totally explainable. This is not what it looks like either. That I can assure you of in the realm of infinite realm logistics in the third factor I and she were not..."<i></i> Sousuke crawled out slowly and calmly beneath Tia's head which was resting on his chest. "Meet Toraono Tia. My ..."<i></i> The Steward was going to mention her in the same respect he did when he was trying to explain her to Number Seven during Okibi's lessons. "Medical Sennin and good ... childhood ... friend."<i></i> That was the best way he was going to phrase this. "Tia, this is my ward, and her faithful pet. Okibi and Number Seven."<i></i>

By that time Okibi was crying. The Steward quickly thought to the instructions his parents gave him. Give her a new doll came to mind, but Sousuke lacked the material. He also thought about trying to make a silly face, but that would be a challenge. Thus Sousuke went with what pleased Okibi during lessons. A head pat. The Steward extended his hand and patted her on the heat, three times in total. "There there. There there."<i></i> He spoke in his usual monotone voice which did not come out the way his parent's voices would if they were trying to console him. Sousuke turned to Number Seven. "I thought I miscalculated in an armour design and I thought I had combusted something ... but..."<i></i> He sniffed the air. "Cooking. She tried cooking in here? I've tried this before and failed to break my fast upon simple instant noodles... that was a failure in the highest degree, but she looks like she got further than I could."<i></i> The Steward paused for a moment and stuck his index fingers into his lips and forced his facial expression into a smile. It looked painful and it certainly was, which is why Sousuke stopped immediately. He rubbed his jaws as indeed he was indeed in some pain. "Tia. My ward, she has succeeded in getting water to boil and the oven to work for a moment. This is a success, and by far she has exceeded my own ability to cook. She has went so far as to form this crusty, goop across the walls."<i></i> Sousuke got up and proceeded to pace about as he usually did coming close to Okibki's experiment. "This colour, this texture. What was she using? This does not look anything like my mother's work. Her work is more fluffy and cake like. This appears harder and tougher than taffy. How ... interesting,"<i></i> The Steward tried ripping off a portion of the specimen but ended up failing and hitting the floor with a piece in his hand, along with part of a door frame. "Hardy. Fascinating. Physically resistant too. Okibi you may be a genius."<i></i> Sousuke then tried to eat it. He blasted a small bite size chuck off with and popped it into his mouth. "This tastes like ... mmm ... this tastes like some form of candy. Not chewable, but it does melt in the mouth ... once given a ... I would think five minutes. Make that fifteen. No ... I think ... forty-five. No less than two hours. I assure you of that."<i></i>

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
For a moment, Okibi was so lost in her frustration and crying that she didnt noticed the other person, a woman, getting cozy with Sousuke. But now that a window was open, and the stench of her failure was slowly leaving the room, the scent of an unfamiliar person was able to register in her head. Although still sniffling, she wiped at her eyes so she could get a look at this female, and got herself together just in time to see Sousuke slowly make his way out from under the woman. Just like that, Okibi's frustration was gone, and it was replaced with a possessiveness that had her growling with bared teeth at the only other female in the room. Sousuke's introductions didnt mean a thing to her - whether this woman was a friend of his or not - she had been much to close to him for her liking. Close enough to strike him fatally if she wanted! Sousuke was part of her pack, and she would not stand for some strange human woman having her paws all over him!

Luckily, Sousuke got away from the woman before Okibi got to intervene. Impulsive as she was most of the time - all of the time - she might have leaped at the woman had he remained there any longer. Since he did not, she settled for sitting there on the floor and glaring at the offender, still growling softly. Even as Sousuke came over to her, pat her on the head, and tried to console her, she barely noticed. That was just how intent she was on glaring at the woman.

Number Seven watched Okibi for a moment, wondering about her whirlwind of emotions. She went from a crying mess, to fuming angry in seconds. Because of this woman, this Toraono Tia. He wasnt quite sure why Okibi took a very quick dislike to the human woman, but he had a feeling it had something to do with the way Tia had her hand all over Sousuke's chest. It wasnt a jealousy thing, but more of a protective/possessive instinct. Shaking his head with a slight laugh, Seven observed as Sousuke went about inspecting Okibi's mess, and wondered if this was part of his scheme to make her feel better. The praise he gave her probably would have been enough, but when he ripped a piece of the plaster-like substance from the wall and then popped it in his mouth, the dog's fake eyes widened. Just the smell alone was nearly enough to fell someone with a sense of smell like his own, and the man was actually eating it?

"Uh... I dont think you have to go that far Takahashi Sousuke." Seven said in a stage whisper, figuring that Okibi probably wasnt paying attention to them anyway. "Okibi doesnt even know what she put in that. And look, she's already feeling better. Sort of." He said, glancing back at the girl who was still sitting on the floor, glaring at Tia.

Hattori Kieren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sitting up as Souske moved away from her, Tia pouted a little. Silly boys. Sliding herself back, she rested against the counter. Rolling her neck, she tried to get the kinks out while her hand traced over her breast for the source of her wound. A sliver of metal, had cut into her. Digging for a good grip, she gave a little moan. Clearly your ward doesn't share your technical skills. Ugh. Pulling the shard free, she gave it a disgusted study while her other hand applied pressure to the wound, a soft glow from her palm signifying her healing jutsu. However in light of our current situation. I have to question your own technical skills. Tossing the bloody shard over her shoulder, the sennin pushed herself off the ground. Rolling her shoulders, she moved back to standing besides Souske. Raising an eyebrow, she let her gaze finally fall on the young ward and her dog. Growler over there better stop or we're going to have issues. Crossing her arms, she leaned against the counter, giving the air a careful sniff. Could smell worse... I can't think of how, but I'm certain this isn't the worst it could be...

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke continued to taste the strange substance that Okibi had made. The Steward smacked his lips together. "Taffy. This tastes like Taffy. It is excellent in the extreme."</B><i></i> Did Sousuke show any outward expression to express his enthusiasm? No. His voice was the usual monotone. He looked at Number Seven with an odd look as the canine was looking at him oddly. The canine explained to him "I don't think the smell is that bad. Secondly this is edible. Do you want a taste? I'd be glad to cut you some." The Steward offered. <B>"I'm not sure what you're talking about. I am being sincere and honest. This is quite good."<i></i> The Steward then turned to see a brooding Okibi who was staring hard at Tia who was attending to herself. The Steward scratched the back of his head. "I am confused."<i></i> He simply said as he looked at the two.

Tia first began what seemed to be a sort of critique of his ward. The Steward's brows furrowed. "I was fully in the right. I did not cross the ruby and violet wires, nor did I fail the safety-check."<i></i> The Steward's eyes turned to the stove which was a mess. He pointed over to the ruin that was the oven. "That is what caused the explosion most likely. Secondly, Tia, Okibi isn't the technical type just yet. I'm sure that she will be. Some day. After she has acheived a full mastery of the common language, which is a work in progress. She is a making progression with that before you ask."<i></i> Then Tia called Okibi Growler, the Steward couldn't understand why but then he listened carefully. "I wouldn't call her Growler. Her name is Okibi."<i></i> The Steward paused for a moment. Why was Okibi being so aggressive? He had never seen her like that before. He shot Number Seven a quizzical look for an answer of some sort. "Why would we have issues?"<i></i> Sousuke asked as he wasn't quite sure what Tia was getting at. "Okibi is exceptional at human interaction. She expresses herself in ways I cannot. Isn't that right Okibi? Good Taffy once again. This is exceptional and delicious indeed."<i></i>

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Okibi took a deep breath through her nose and almost choked, not because of the lessening scent of her mess, or the dust falling from the hole in the cieling, but because of something else. She stood to her feet, and walked to stand by Sevens side where she placed a fist on one of his large flanks, and covered her nose with the other. Her face was twisted in a disgusted grimace.

"She smells like a male wolf during spring time." She growled at Number Seven, reverting to the language she was better at. The large dog gave her a look and shook his head. "That isnt nice Okibi. Toraono Tia is clearly female. Sometimes, human hormones can be hard to control, that's all." He explained, using common. The girl rolled her eyes slightly, landing them on Sousuke, who was currently working on eating some of her creation. She hadnt noticed this before - she was so intent on glaring at the wolfy woman - and was taken aback. He... he actually liked it?

With a wide grin spreading beneath her hand, Okibi scurried over to Sousuke, still holding her nose. She looked up at him with wide, honest eyes, hoping with all her little heart. "Sogay like? Truth?" She implored, reaching with her other hand to grab one of his and raise it up to the level of her head. She wasnt paying much attention the last time he pat her, but now seemed like the perfect time to ask for one.

(Thats pathetically short for me... but anyway, the bold italics means their speaking canine.)

Hattori Kieren

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Crossing her arms, the sennin made a tisking soun. You would eat the congealed goo on the walls, wouldn't you. That can't be healthy. Shaking her head, the medic narrowed her eyes at the wolf girl. It's nice to know your pet at least has some intelligence too him. It's generally considered impolite to speak ill of someone who is in the room. Though I could be mistaken in that regard. Maybe you just like making crazy noises. Finding a section of counter that seemed to be relatively clean, the medic hopped up to sit on the ledge. Resting her elbows on her knees, and her chin in her palm. Resting her gaze on Sousuke, she let her legs swing idly, a small smile tugging at her mouth. What was it about the steward that made her heart race. She'd known him for years, since they were children really, and never felt like this before. Stupid human hormones.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward wondered exactly what Okibi had said to Number Seven. The Steward exchanged glances between the two females. He became slightly concerned in the sense that perhaps Tia was hiding something from him she perhaps should have told him a long time ago. Tia was a girl? Right? She had all the tell-a-tale signs. Her hands show little to no veins. She didn't shave her face, and her jaw was not squared. Her throat lacked what they called an Adam's apple, which was something only men had. Sousuke always wondered why it was called an Adam's apple. The Steward continued to taste the taffy in his mouth. For an instance his eyes locked onto her throat. Right. No Adam's Apple. He compared Tia to Okibi. Yes. Both of them lacked male aspects, in particular the throat. Women also had a particular time once a month when they became particularly moody. It had been explained to Sousuke, and he understood it as something truly innate to women upon a certain age. Tia did in fact from time to time become very moody. Sousuke merely survived, which he did best.

Tia then pointed out that eating Okibi's experimental candy was perhaps bad for him. The Steward merely shrugged. "Most things we eat are not good for us in some form or another. For instance we're told to eat bread, but then it turns out that white bread is not exactly good for one's diet. Instead we are told to eat multi-grain."<i></i> He simply countered. It was annoying since he enjoyed white bread, but then it was the opinion of Lady Azame and his mother that he resort to eating multi-grain. "I will agree with Tia though, it is best that you put in a solid effort at speaking common Okibi."<i></i> He added. His tone of voice was neutral, one would have thought his tone would have been sterner but it wasn't. The Steward thought of disciplining Okibi ... and how would he do that...? Before he could think he found his hand above Okibi's head. The Steward almost thought not to pat her on the head... it would have proved if anything experimental. She did, however, made an excellent tasty candy. It was messy though. Very messy. The Steward patted her on the head once. "Yes. I do like this candy. Next time try to make it without such a mess.."<i></i>

Okibi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Okibi's suddenly pleasant mood was just as suddenly ruined when the wolfy woman opened her mouth again. She fought the urge to growl as she returned the woman's sneer. Was she implying that Okibi was not intelligent? Number Seven might have been smarter than her, there was no doubting that, but that did not mean in any way that she was not. He was just better at speaking human! Was it so hard to understand that sometimes things were just easier for her to say in the language she knew better? She'd like to hear either of these humans take a whack at beast tongue.

Looking away from the woman with a snort, Okibi said, "Maybe Okibi no want be polite."

Suddenly, her brain backtracked through the conversation. Had that woman... had she called Seven a pet? Okibi was quite certain she hadnt heard wrong. Living with Sousuke, his family, and his pet Kitchenzilla, Okibi knew very well what the term meant. Anger bubbled up within her, and she was about to snap around to throw some words at the woman when Sousuke pat her on the head. Funny, she'd completely forgotten she wanted one of those. But nope, now she was much too angry to revel in the short hand to head contact. She swatted at the air above her head angrily, pushing Sousuke's hand away from her. Growling, she stepped away from the group, and sneered.

Now that she thought about it, Sousuke had called Seven a pet too. She'd been too busy with growling at the wolfy woman, but she'd still heard it. Her anger practically doubled.

"Seven is not PET!" She said, trying to get it out calmly, though by the time she got to the word 'pet', she was shouting. He PACK! FAMILY! Not pet!"

And with that, the girl went stomping out of the room, making the congealed 'candy' on the floor crack under her furious steps.

Number Seven watched her go with wide, red eyes. He certainly hadnt seen that coming. He honestly didnt care what the humans referred to him as. He was Okibi's protector - he knew it, she knew it, and thats all that mattered. But to see her get so upset over the terminology. It bothered, and pleased him at the same time. He never liked seeing the girl like that, but it meant that she was truly developing her humanity.

"Hmmm." The giant dog hummed to himself thoughtfully, as he looked at the door Okibi just left through.

[Okibi has Left the Topic!]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Things were already pretty bad, and now things had gone to worse. The Steward watched as Okibi stomped out. He didn't teach her to act that way. The Steward rubbed back of his neck. He had been alive a lot longer than Okibi was, but he wasn't so sure about Number Seven. How was it that she could express herself so freely? More importantly why? Were emotions that difficult to keep in check? Apparently so it would seem.

The Steward looked to Number Seven and then to the doorway that Okibi exited. "I'm not pleased with how that ended. Her understanding of the word pet is ... more negative than it should be."<i></i> The Steward would have to do something about that in due time. "I too am to be blamed for this ... and I should have known better than to describe you as a pet. For that I am sorry, but I do think it was improper how she acted."<i></i> Everyone had some fault in how this blew up. The Steward covered his face with his palms and dragged his hands down his face. Women. Why were they so complicated? "I'm going to go salvage what I can of my research from earlier. Hopefully the mark two armlet hasn't been completely destroyed. After that I'm going to ... I don't know."<i></i> The Steward wasn't entirely telling the truth as it was his true intention to do some reading on how to discipline teenagers for their misbehavior. He didn't know what material he was going to read, but he was going to certainly find something.

(Topic concluded)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back