Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

You know you gotta do it by the book [Tutor w/Miyako]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Another tutor session, another coliseum. These villages LOVE their coliseums. Then again, these shinobi were designed for combat so a coliseum wasn't completely beyond the pale. Kaori stood in the middle of the arena and began to whistle a little tune as she stood and waited. Normally, she'd be fluffing up her hair or checking her nails, but the fact that she can't see herself nor her reflection (or any fine details anyway) it was a pointless waste of time to do so. On the agenda for today, she would teach this princess how to use Ninjutsu. She heard expressed interest in learning Shadow Ninjutsu and with what little research she was able to do, she discovered that it was a kekkei genkai designed around the mixture of fire and water. When Kaori thinks of fire and water, she'd expect steam or even alcohol; shadow was probably the very last thing she'd think of when those two were combined. While neither of those jutsus were her strong-suit, she does know those two types and quite intimately.

Kaori looked around and rang the bell upon her choker. She let out a little grumble, not seeing any seats nearby that she could take advantage of. She continued to hum, regardless. The hum let out just enough soundwaves to let her see the entirety of the coliseum, though the far reaches seem to be a blur due to how far the sound of a muffled hum could carry. She pat her chest to make sure she hadn't popped out of her outfit and just waited for Miyako to show up.

WC: 267
Total: 267 / 1500

Kagetsu Miyako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Miyako wasn't about to keep her teacher waiting -- even if it was a foreigner. She'd been so disappointed by the news that this stranger didn't know a lick of shadow jutsu but it sounded as if she was confident in teaching it's base elements and as much as she hated to admit it one could always brush up on the basics. Who knows, this might even turn out to be an enjoyable chance for her to sharpen her claws. She certainly needed it after some of the arrogance she'd endured during her last public class.

There was no grand entrance. The arrival of a lady of standing was momentous enough as is. She stepped into the arena, carrying her parasol overhead to keep the sun off her as she pre-empted a smile for her tutor. Her natural impulse was to note every little flaw she spotted -- namely that classless outfit -- but unlike her last learning opportunity she had no intention of speaking these out loud. A lady knew when to bow her head to another even if only for a moment.

"It's a pleasure to meet you finally, Leaf ninja. It's a rare honor for a member of the prestigious Kagetsu clan to accept the help of one from outside our homeland."

She adjusted the parasol in her hands to keep it up as she gave a shallow bow to the young woman.

"I am Kagetsu Miyako and it's a pleasure to meet you~."

[WC: 244] [Post: 1/5]​

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Did Kaori really make her presence as a Leaf Ninja THAT known? It wasn't something she was proud of, having absolutely no allegiance to the village (nor any village for that matter) and only holds allegiances to people. The only person, at the moment, that she has an allegiance to is Yomi. If it was her desire to stay here in Cloud, she will stay in cloud. If it was her desire to return to Leaf, then Kaori will go back to Leaf. It all depended on Yomi whether or not she remains loyal to whomever or whatever depending on what she wanted. This doesn't make Kaori a puppet to Yomi as she is still capable of making her own decisions and even disliking whatever decision Yomi makes. She isn't a completely robotic drone that follows every command given to her; if she wanted that, she'd have stayed in Konoha and be subject to their 'Like it or Die' mentality. Kaori values her freedom over servitude. Those who she wished to serve were all completely voluntary.

Kaori didn't spot the difference between the girl holding the parasol and the parasol, itself. Sound worked in a strange manner, bouncing back and giving her an odd image of someone that appeared absolutely top-heavy; someone with a monstrous sized head and a flared out body. This caught Kaori off-guard for a moment and a look of confusion was easily seen upon her face. Her brain tried to calculate the image she was seeing, eventually deciding that it was probably a girl in a dress with a parasol. It was then that she heard the girl's voice, mentioning that it's an honor to be able to meet someone from the prestigious Kagetsu Clan.

Kaori smacked her lips together, a look of annoyance easily written upon her face. "Yes, quite the pleasure," she stated with quite a bit of dissatisfaction in her voice. A sprinkle of sarcasm could be heard in her voice. Kaori summoned a pair of gloves into her hand as her hands were enveloped in a blue flame for a moment before the gloves appeared. With a quick action, they began to glow a white color, causing her to hold her hand up. "I'm going to teach you how to use ninjutsu. While I primarily focus on Wind, Non-Elemental, and Sound," she said as a beam of white light shot into the sky causing the clouds to part just above them. She had all the reason to bring down a celestial body down for the girl's bratty comment, but she decided against it.

She quickly balled her hands into a fist before the gloves started to glow a bright red color; as if her fists were on fire. "The first thing I will teach you is how to channel your elements through a weapon. Even if you don't use taijutsu, I would still suggest getting a weapon; unarmed preferably so you can use handseals. If you aren't going to use an unarmed weapon, then you'll want to learn how to channel. Channeling allows you to use your weapon as a medium for a certain elemental jutsu instead of having to unequip, use the ninjutsu, and then requipping afterwards. Channeling allows you to use that particular ninjutsu type without needing handseals. So if you enter battle with that umbrella of yours, you can channel Shadow Jutsu through it, later on, and you won't need to use handseals. Makes things pretty easy on you in battle," she said as she held out her hand.

Without using handseals, her hand flared up a bit and a ring of fire started to envelope around Kaori and Miyako. Kaori easily felt the intense heat from the ring of fire. She them balled her hand into a fist, turning her hand a bright blue color. "It requires a bit of knowledge of the element you plan on using, but it'll save you in the long run. Why don't you give it a try. Let me see you channel either a fire jutsu or a water jutsu through your parasol," she said, holding her hand out as if to tell her that it was her turn.

WC: 696
Total: 963 / 1500

Kagetsu Miyako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a good thing that her instructor was blind because the look on Miyako's face after she showed just sarcasm was less than warm. This insolent, disabled floozie! To have the nerve to dismiss her perfectly polite introduction with such a tone! So much for this being a more pleasant experience than the last lesson. Was she the only thing to come out of the Fire Country and wind up here that wasn't a colossal disappoint?

"I'm sure your lessons will be most valuable," she said, layering the sweetness on heavily to try and hide the absolute disdain in her voice. Oh she hoped this turned into full contact ninjutsu practice. Nothing would make her happier than blindsiding her with an attack she didn't see coming. She put those thoughts aside as the introduction to the lesson proper. The concept seemed simple enough; pour your chakra into your instrument and release it to keep your hands free. That should have been simple enough. She'd never done it herself though. Frankly she'd rather be a master of her weapon and her jutsu before she tried combining them but she knew she'd already done just that.

The display itself was a rather rude one, blasting fire everywhere and making Miyako needlessly uncomfortable from the heat. She scowled at this, almost wanting to call her out for showing off without good cause but instead she forced herself to smile and drip honey into her words again. "Wow, that was impressive! You didn't even have to move your hands!"

She was doing her best to stay composed but her suggestion to 'use her parasol' broke her last bit of patience as it tickled her funny gone. There was a moment of semi-silence as she began to snicker though it wasn't long before she was laughing out loud, not even caring how belittling it sounded. It took her a good half a minute to calm herself back down, wiping her eyes with the corners of her sleeves as she explained herself.

"Oh you silly thing, it's a parasol. It's meant to keep the sun off me, not to fight. If I tried to hit someone with this it'd break. It's cloth and wood, who'd try -fighting- with it?"

She gave herself another few moments to calm down her laughter as she held out one hand in front of her and tilted her parasol forward.

"No, this is what I'll be using."

He thumb slid across a small indent on her parasol handle and with just the right amount of pressure the hidden mechanism released what looked like nothing more than an assorted pile of junk and white cloth. As each piece fell a string of chakra jumped from a finger tip and clung onto a piece. Swiftly each finger was connected to a piece and with a subtle, casual twitch of her fingers they all flew apart and back together again, slapping together into something semi-recognizable.

Kaori and her unique senses would be able to pick up a humanoid shape. The finer details were likely lost on her however. It was clearly some form of puppet but quite a bit different from the wooden constructs of many other shinobis. It was draped in an approximation of a frilly white dress, covering up most of it's body save for the head. It's face was child-like and uncanny to anyone who saw it with wide, reflective black eyes and skin as white as snow while atop it's head were curly black locks. It was as if someone had taken a children's doll and made it almost as large as the wielder itself.

"This is Ran," she proclaimed proudly, twitching her fingers a bit to make the puppet tilt it's head with a stiff, metallic sound. "She's the product of over a year of work, my very own design. I haven't had many chances to use her yet, I hope you don't mind helping me break her in during our lesson~."

[WC: 908] [Post: 2/5]​

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Kaori's persona, Mina, popped out of her body and used Kaori's head as a rest for her arms and head. She placed her hands clasped on top of Kaori's head and rest her chin upon her knuckles. Miyako could see that this new person seemed to be connected to Kaori's back. The sudden appearance of Mina shocked Kaori a bit, not having full control over when (or if) Mina ever popped out. Mina glanced at the one being tutored by Kaori, studying her carefully while having a smile on her face. This one, Miyako would notice, had full control over their eyes being capable of seeing her.

After regaining her composure, Kaori turned her attention back to the sound of Miyako's voice and shrugged her shoulders. "You'll see stranger things as weapons. I know I have," she stated. She had seen a myriad of different weapons ranging from shovels, to suitcases and purses, to even someone using a giant wooden spoon as their combat weapon. As Miyako revealed her weapons, Kaori clicked the bell upon her throat to see a pile of junk animate into loose figures. She didn't get any real detail on what it looked like, but Mina was able to. "Ooo! Puppets!" Mina shouted out before Kaori clicked the bell once more, sending out waves of sound that came back. Kaori couldn't differentiate the difference between that and a person. She really needed more practice using this sonar thing.

Mina leaned down and whispered into Kaori's ears what it looked like and Kaori goes, "Ooooh! Interesting!" she said before turning to look back towards Miyako. If Kaori could see this doll, she'd most-definitely be freaked out by it's appearance. It's not the fact that it's a gothic loli doll, it's the fact that it actually looks like a puppet. Mina returned to resting upon Kaori's head and stared at the child and her doll with strange, curious interest. Kaori on the other hand cleared her throat and made the 'let's get a move-on' hand gesture. She had expected Miyako to have channeled an element into her weapon by now. While Kaori also had a couple puppets, right now isn't the time to show off toys, it was time to learn channeling. This is going to be a painful tutor session.

"Channel something already!" she shouted out, beginning to lose her patience.

Mina bonked Kaori on the top of the head. "What next? You're going to start throwing jutsu at her?" Mina said with a bit of a chuckle, turning to wink back at Miyako. The wink wasn't in a sexual manner, but it was meant as a 'I got your back' gesture from the busty blonde attached to Kaori's back. Afterward, she returned to her usual perched position. Kaori let out a grumble and just stood there, waiting for Miyako to channel an element into her puppet and use a jutsu so the lesson can continue.

Kaori let out a little groan, realizing this child doesn't know how to channel chakra nor even ask how to do it. Kaori needs to take baby-steps with this one. "Okay, you know how you mold chakra for a certain jutsu? So if you're going to use something like Grand Fireball, you'll need to mold your chakra towards the fire element. The same thing applies for channeling the chakra into your weapon. Instead of forming handseals, you gather the elemental chakra into your hand and push it into your weapon," she said as she extinguished the fire chakra from her hand. She concentrated her own chakra for a moment before her hand burst out with blue energy. Her gloves gave a brilliant blue glow with water dripping down onto the sand in the coliseum. She let out a sigh and cleared her throat, extinguishing the water chakra that had enveloped her fist.

"Now would you please channel something?" she asked, showing her obvious impatience. She crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her foot upon the ground. She should have made this a practical lesson like she originally intended.

WC: 486
Total: 1635 / 1500

Kagetsu Miyako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Miyako's concentration on the lesson was broken somewhat as another person just... popped up behind Kaori, casually joining them in this lesson from her teacher's back. Miyako was ready for a lot of things but that wasn't one of them. She found herself staring at the new girl resting above Kaori's head, a clearly dumbfound look on her face as she tried to put together what was going on. Was this... genjutsu? No, she was reacting to it just as vividly. Was this some weird trick from the Leaf? She'd never seen anything quite like it before. It wasn't until the buxom woman started to yell that she snapped out of it, huffing and tensing her fingers, causing the puppet to jitter unnervingly.

At the very least her strange little friend didn't approve of her lackluster teaching methods either, giving her a bap on the head before playfully berating her. The strange blonde woman even offered Miyako a friendly wink. What was this, a manifestation everything good about this woman? Because her normal self certainly wasn't showing many good traits at the moment!

"If I understood how to do this already I wouldn't be wasting my time with you."

When she finally did break down and give her some instructions they were belittling and filled with sass. At the very least it was enough to wrap her head around what she was aiming for.

"I know how to perform a nature transformation, thank you very much. I'm not an academy student, I'm a full fledged Genin."

Was it even worth asking for more direction than that? What was the use? She scoffed and held her arm out, the puppet shifting to inch forward before she started to concentrate on her chakra. Already she could see one advantage and one disadvantage of this style of jutsu with her puppet. On the one hand the nature of the weapon meant she already had a chakra link between herself and the tool. That was also the complication. If she simply tried to push chakra through that link without proper chakra control it could simply cause a nature transformation within the strings, creating a useless burst of elemental energy and losing her connection to her weapon.

Once she started trying to force her chakra down the strings it proved to be more difficult than expected. It was like trying to push something solid down a thin pipe made of paper. It was difficult to even move it along and she could already tell too much pressure would make it rupture and cause the exact result she didn't want. She tried for a good minute to before the channeling to no avail.

[WC: 1,355] [Post: 3/5]​

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She heard the sounds of struggling coming from the young Genin and sighed outward when she wasn't able to perform it. Perhaps she didn't have the proper chakra control to be able to handle such a feat. "Well, I'm going to give you that as homework. Keep practicing it and you'll eventually be able to do it properly," Kaori stated as Mina watched on silently. Kaori thought on what else she could teach the child in terms of ninjutsu. She could teach her something like expanding her jutsu to make previously weaker jutsu much stronger, she could teach her how to manipulate her chakra to be able to make each jutsu do a variety of things; but if she wasn't able to grasp or perform elemental channeling, then she wouldn't be able to perform something as complex as Focus or Spread. She continued to think for a brief moment on what to teach her.

"Put that thing away, let me see how you do handseals," she said as she then nudged Mina for a moment. "Oh yes! I'll be the one to judge because of Kaori's little impediment. Don't worry, I'm pretty lenient so do your best, okay?" Mina said with a bright and radiant smile upon her face. "I just want to see your technique with the handseals to see if you could do it a bit more efficiently is all," Kaori stated. While she wouldn't be the one to judge Miyako's handseals, she had full trust in Mina's judgment. She was an aspiring shinobi and knew all about handseals in her youth; she just didn't live long enough to be able to become a fully-living shinobi was all.

WC: 281
Total: 1916 / 1500

Kagetsu Miyako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In the middle of trying to figure out how to perform the technique the woman blew off her current attempts and said to just try it later. The nerve of her! She'd barely given any instructions and had barely given her a minute before she started to dismiss her efforts. Miyako gritted her teeth as she opened her eyes, glowering at the woman in front of her. Why had she ever bothered to accept this lesson with someone who didn't know how to teach?! Oooh, her family would be hearing about this!

And worst of all, she dared to drill her on the basics like she was at the academy, still stumbling over the simplest aspects of shinobi life. She was visibly shaking with rage at this point, trying to hold back an explosion of her rage as she thrust her hand to the side to literally toss it away. She didn't have the patience to be doing this for long as she quickly made her first seal.

Her hands were like lightning as she went through the motions. Monkey, dragon, rat, bird, snake, ox, dog, horse, tiger, boar, ram, hare. Her hands were practically a blur as she stared back into eyes that couldn't see. Before the strange girl who was spotting for her could access her skill she spoke up without dropping a seal.

"I was training my sign weaving at an age where you'd be just learning to walk! This kind of training is beneath me, you're here to teach me something useful, not to give up after a minute and run drills!"

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mina observed the handsigns and then relayed the information to Kaori. She nodded at the whispers in her ear and gave out a random "Uh huh. Yup. Mmm, alright," she said as she turned her face towards the petulant child's behavior. She spewed venom from her lips which caused Kaori to look at the child, opening her eyes and seeing her shadow glowing. She was half-tempted to just shut her up with a Reaper's Gaze, but she had a better plan.

"Since you are so trained, then why can't you manipulate your chakra properly? Something child's play like Channeling shouldn't be a problem for someone of your calibur, right? Very well, if you want proper instruction, you have one week to prepare yourself. The next tutor session we do WILL be a practical examination of your abilities," she said as she stared at the rambunctious child. Mina rolled her eyes at Kaori trying to be tough.

"Seems like Kaori's a bit angry with you. But it's not a bad idea to get some actual fighting practice in. It's a good way to actually test your ability to use ninjutsu. Your handseals looked great though," she said, holding up a hand in an apology to Miyako. "Unless the members of the Kagetsu Clan are cowards." she said, still eyeballing the bratty girl. She wasn't really one for orating lessons as she was drilled and drilled and drilled until her body gave out on her. Doing the same thing in repetition and pushing her body to the limit.

"You have 1 week. I suggest you make your preparations."

[Tutor over: I'll give a pass this time]
[Topic left]

WC: 264
Total: 2180 / 1500

Kagetsu Miyako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The nerve! After all the unhelpful 'advice' and talking down she had the nerve to call her unskilled! It didn't matter if she didn't say it in so many words, it was implied! Miyako's pale cheeks flushed red with anger and embarrassment as this woman dared to mock her skill. Was this just some big joke to her? Was she just trying to waste her time?! And then -- oh and then -- she went and challenged her to a battle. No, it wasn't even a challenge, it was a demand.

"You want to make this a fight?! Fine! You're going to regret giving me a week though! I'll only need a day to put together how to take down a floozy like you! The rest of the time I'll spend trying to think of ways to embarrass you even more than you embarrass yourself already!"

She was livid. The more reasonable words from Mina fell on completely deaf ears as the Kagetsu heiress half considered making a strike the moment the woman's back was turned. She knew it was wrong, even in her rage, but it didn't stop her from thinking about it. The cowards comment was the last straw. Knowing it unwise to attack someone like this she turned without a word, positively fuming as she left the arena to go home. Her mind was already formulating a dozen new tactics to help crush Kaori to dust.

[ Topic Left ]​

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back