Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

You've Cat to be Kitten Me Right Meow [Private; message to enter]

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It had not been long since the funeral of her mother. It had been a solitary thing, an airing of grievances to a silent tomb. Sometimes she wished the woman had stuck around so she could have a face to look at as she expressed her frustration at how she found out why she didn't grow up with a living father. But now, Hoshirei was more or less alone. The ghosts which usually spent more time around her would only wave or say hello. The little ghost at her compound who chased the dog ghost in circles did so mostly out of habit. It was like her slightly sulky state of mind was rubbing off on them all. She didn't like it. Hoshirei loved when the little ghosts would play, it made her smile. Though there was one ghost that apparently decided to hang about more often. A little lilac cat kept following her around, sitting on her lap, and generally purring up a storm when still for any length of time. She was rather grateful for her ability to reside on the ethereal plane, as she was able to pet the little thing in thanks for its company.

Growing up, she had never had a pet, aside from a few ghostly dogs and cats, but most of them moved on shortly after appearing, their work finally done. Each time they would go, Hoshirei could only sigh and wait for the next animal to come her way. This cat had stuck with her for a while, it's job not just to be loved properly or to love a human like most of the ghost animals she met. So, here she was, sitting on her porch and petting the little ghost cat. To most, it would just look like she was petting air, save for her hand movements and genuine pressure exerted, if one would only look closely.

It was a nice day outside. Just enough clouds so the sun was not blinding and a soft breeze carrying lovely scents from nearby bakeries and candy shops. Hoshirei missed her ghostly father at times. He had been a good sounding board, though perhaps that was part of what alienated her from most of her peers. Talking to what most people thought was air certainly didn't help her peers trust her, even if it was good for confusing enemies and infiltrators alike. They thought her ditsy, easy to fool, weak-willed, when she was none of those things. Perhaps it was time to make it plain that she wasn't a plateau, but part of their mountain chain just like they were.

In a funny coincidence, the ghost cat jumped off her lap just before she made to stand. The two silently made their way around the corner, headed to one of the few bakeries in the district.

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Re: You've Cat to be Kitten Me Right Meow [Open]

Maki had a sour taste in his mouth. Things of late had not been going well for those he was closest to. It was almost like there was a power struggle happening wherein one side wasn’t even aware of it, so the other in their paranoia reacted erratically to the situation. It left him dissatisfied with his return, mostly. He had a friend here, now, and was gaining more, but the leadership appeared to be just as ill as it was before. He felt a pressure building, and when it found an outlet he knew it would be a volatile thing that happened.

He was in his typical wear for going outside of the Foundry. Black boots were covered by red suneate, black pants that had matching red haidate over the thighs for protection. Up top was a black shirt with a red jacket that ended at his waist. There were red han kote to protect his forearms. He had no headband or helmet, no gloves, and his jacket was mostly bland. There were two katana at his side in their sheathes. One was slightly longer, but matched the norm for the weapons. The other looks a bit thicker and had a parrying ring built into the hilt for some reason. He looked like a samurai warrior from the old Daimyo’s rule, almost. Indeed, most of his armoring was samurai tradition, but the bastardization of it with his normal clothes made it distinct enough he felt. And so far no one had been foolish enough to call him a samurai.

He comes up behind a green haired woman heading the same way as him and moves to step around her. For a brief moment there’s a flash of a cat under where his foot is coming down, the sight causing Maki to give an exclamation and smartly leap to the side, landing awkwardly against the wall. He looks where the cat was, seeing nothing now. The man shakes his head, closing his brown eyes and sighing before opening them up. They were gold now. Still he saw no cat. A lingering figment of his former powers, maybe?

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Re: You've Cat to be Kitten Me Right Meow [Open]

The green haired young woman could sense someone coming up behind her, but thought nothing of it, especially as the man passed her. His garb was a little odd, but who was she to call someone odd? The thing that caught her attention most was the flick of his eyes to the little grey ghost cat before he jumped away. Some might find it comical, and, admittedly, Hoshirei bit her lip to stifle any sort of giggle. She could hardly believe that this person saw the little cat, even if for a the brief moment needed to be a bit scared.

The ghost cat had known it was about to be stepped on and had dashed to Hoshirei's other side, dancing about her feet. The cat looked up at the green haired woman and gave a plaintive mew. It hung around for only a moment later before rubbing it's head against her calf and sauntering off for now, perhaps to see if there were any ghost mice around.

Once the man calmed down, he would be able to see Hoshirei dressed in blues and golds of fine quality. A sword with green handle wraps hanging at her hip. Her long hair, as per usual, was swept up into a high ponytail that swung with her movements. She turned to the man as the ghost cat walked away and smiled softly at him. "You didn't need to worry about stepping on Kouko, he would have moved. Was that your first time seeing a ghost? Usually people see people ghosts if they see them at all. Are you okay? I know seeing a ghost can be a shock to some."

Hoshirei stood there a bit awkwardly at first, one hand moving the handle of her sword around in a nervous gesture. She couldn't help but think that this was perhaps her chance to see if she can make a good impression on someone. After all, hadn't she just been thinking about trying to get to know others?

"This is usually the part where one introduces oneself, right? Uhm, I'm Hoshirei of the Isaki clan. What's your name?" An internal wince was followed by a silent plea to herself to not act too weird, no matter how unused to talking to flesh-and-blood beings she was.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The woman biting her lip didn’t help his mood, then again smacking into the wall didn’t either. He looks down again, the frown deepening as it remains unseen to his eyes. That flicker was more than he’d had since the fight in the woods with Ha. When….something cut off his ties to the other side of the veil. It was a gift he’d lived his whole life with, and it was snatched from him. He could only describe it as if the world had suddenly gone black and white before his eyes. Of course then he’d had the other powers he had removed also, burned out of him by the cleansing power of the manifestation of his own gifts. That brought color back, but it wasn’t as vibrant as he remembered. It was almost like the world had gone flat, stale.

He looks away from the ground and to the woman who was finding his predicament funny, the frown fading and a slight, wry smile forming. He could imaging he made a funny sight, walking past her then launching himself into a wall. But then she mentions a ghost. The smile fades. She could see them? Was her connection somehow strengthening his own severed power? That didn’t make much sense, after all Takeshi could raise the dead and he’d felt nothing around his Sennin. What was it that being close to this woman did that made him see a ghost again, even if only for a flickering second?

Her hand went to the sword, but it seemed more out of habit than intent, so he ignored it and let his brown eyes look at her more closely. Something about her seemed….familiar. As if he knew people related to her, maybe. OF course, then she drops the bomb. Hoshirei wasn’t a bad name. The Isaki Clan, however, was a horrible thing to say to him. It also explained, he thought, how being near her brought that power back briefly. Maki steps back as soon as she says the name of her clan, hand dropping to his blade and eyes darting back at forth, his head turning to try and keep an eye around him.

Back to the wall, check. No one seemed to be coming near, and he couldn’t sense anyone else. Didn’t mean they weren’t there. Still, it would be harder to ambush him with his back to the wall like it was. He stops looking around wildly and looks to Hoshirei. Was she here to kill him? Had Tenken grown a spine and decided to avenge the murder of his father and the assault upon his brother finally? Those brown eyes blink, and when they reopen golden orbs stare at the woman. She was confused, maybe, but not threatening. He read no ill intent in her face or body. Maki finally relaxes slightly, blinking once more and his eyes return to brown.

”I’m sorry, it’s just….nothing. I’m Tonkon Maki, of Konoha. Tell me, is the rest of your clan here on business? I can show you some interesting sights if you’re here to sight see.” It wasn’t easy to play civil around an Isaki, but he was a good actor it seemed. If Tenken was here, he might have some explaining to do to his boss. Or even the Hokage. If Tenken had only sent this woman, odds were he wasn’t being sought by the Clan quite yet.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei watched as the man ran the situation through his head before looking at her. She echoed his smile with a soft one of her own, happy that he wasn't angry at her for finding mirth in his jumpiness. His reaction to her clan name made her brows furrow, why would he have such a reaction to the Isaki clan? She watched cautiously as his eyes changed colors from brown to gold and back. It hadn't looked like he activated a sharingan, as there were no tomoe in his eyes, perhaps it was some other thing?

She gave him another soft smile as he introduced himself and couldn't help but chuckle a bit when he offered to show her around. "I don't know the movements of the rest of the Isaki clan. My family has lived in Konoha since I was very young. I am the only one left now, but I live here, in this district," she said and gestured to the general area. They actually weren't all that far from her home and she knew better than to put her full trust in the living from first meeting.

If he was studying her face as he had seemed to, he probably would have seen a flash of sadness in her eyes as she expressed that she was the last Isaki that she knew of in the area. "Father was with us for a long while as a ghost, but all must move on eventually." A tightened jaw and a harder grip on the sword handle lingered for a moment before both loosened and her hand came off her sword.

"I was just about to check out a sweet shop down the road. Would you like to join me, Maki?" Being isolated as she was from the rest of the clan, and only growing up on stories about the great Hoshikata, Hoshirei didn't recognize Maki's name. The ghost cat, as if sensing that she was going to be moving again, came back and meowed up at her before starting to saunter off. "If living cats are anything like this ghost cat, I think it would be nice to have one as a pet. Have you ever had a pet?"

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As she mentions living in Konoha for some time, he relaxes only slightly. He’d not heard of any of the main branch being in the village. His own family was an offshoot, related but they did not share the name. Still, if she spoke the truth it meant he wasn’t in mortal danger right now. That was apt to change if she was lying, but considering no one had attacked him yet he was inclined to believe she was being honest here. He removes his hand from his sword and visibly unwinds himself with a breath, then gives a smile.

”Sorry for the questioning. I’m rather…distantly related to the clan and had been hassled by people who thought I was a member of the main clan itself. It’s gotten to me a bit.” It was a lie, but not a complete one. He had no idea why he even admitted to that much, maybe it was how sad she seemed to not have anyone around. Still, he was not one to give over to pity. But befriending someone in the clan wouldn’t hurt. At the leas the could use her to gain more knowledge on how the clan was going these days.

”I would like that, I think. And I used to have a dog. The Daimyo’s men killed it, along with my parents, when they invaded. So, where is the sweet shop?” His tone was casual, as if what he’d just said didn’t bother him. In truth, the only part of it which did was his mother dying. The dog had been his dad’s, and much like the man who owned it it was a crabby thing that never liked him.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As she mentions living in Konoha for some time, he relaxes only slightly. He’d not heard of any of the main branch being in the village. His own family was an offshoot, related but they did not share the name. Still, if she spoke the truth it meant he wasn’t in mortal danger right now. That was apt to change if she was lying, but considering no one had attacked him yet he was inclined to believe she was being honest here. He removes his hand from his sword and visibly unwinds himself with a breath, then gives a smile.

”Sorry for the questioning. I’m rather…distantly related to the clan and had been hassled by people who thought I was a member of the main clan itself. It’s gotten to me a bit.” It was a lie, but not a complete one. He had no idea why he even admitted to that much, maybe it was how sad she seemed to not have anyone around. Still, he was not one to give over to pity. But befriending someone in the clan wouldn’t hurt. At the leas the could use her to gain more knowledge on how the clan was going these days.

”I would like that, I think. And I used to have a dog. The Daimyo’s men killed it, along with my parents, when they invaded. So, where is the sweet shop?” His tone was casual, as if what he’d just said didn’t bother him. In truth, the only part of it which did was his mother dying. The dog had been his dad’s, and much like the man who owned it it was a crabby thing that never liked him.

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei waved off his comment about the questioning with a small shrug and quirk of the lips. "Yeah, I've had people shy away from me if they heard my clan name before they even had opportunity to shun me for being able to see ghosts. Well, I think they mostly think me air-headed, but it suits me. Why keep your words to yourself when the only one around is that airhead? Helps with information gathering sometimes.

I've never had much in terms of communication with the main branch. I think my mother did, as I received a missive with her name on it the other day. Soon as I sent notice of her demise, they sent me a condolence that was the most professional letter I've ever read. Could almost feel the forced emotion through it. Mom was a little obsessed with Hoshikata,
hence my name. Hopefully they'll be able to differentiate me from her. But if not-"
Hoshirei shrugged.

"Sad to hear about your dog. The Daimyo wasn't- I spent years thinking he was probably responsible for my father's death, now I don't know. Not sure I want to know either." Her tone saddened for a moment and she bit her lower lip before almost physically shaking off the invisible rain cloud hovering over her head.

"Anyway! The shop is just down the street, not too far from here. Heard they make some awesome pastries as well as candies. Let's go! A bright smile graced her countenance and she turned toward the direction of the shop. "Walk beside me?"

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Well, she didn’t seem to be involved much with the branch, at least. That was a good thing.

Maki nods to most of her words, and as she apologizes about the dog, he shrugs. ”He was a mean thing, I’m not too worried there. Miss my mom, though.” About the time she asks him to walk beside her, his radio goes off. Loudly. Declaring an emergency. Maki looks at it, then at her, and gives an apologetic shrug before running off to the Foundry.

Truth was he’d done that bit himself. No emergency other than he was much too close to an Isaki. He had to get away from that one.

(Topic left)

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei kept walking silently, even as she felt Maki's presence disappear. She looked down at the little ghost cat and sighed softly. For her first effort making living friends, it wasn't too bad. She had heard his radio chirp, though couldn't make out anything beyond soft electric crackles. He had been a little nervous too, especially after she said her clan name. Shoring herself up mentally, she continued on to the little shop and bought a soft cheese danish.

She quickly ate, gave her compliments to the baker, and started on her way home. She took a different route than on the way there and the ghost cat headbutted her leg. It started walking off and she followed it. They came upon a young civilian sitting next to a box. Little mews could be heard in the air and she quickly made her way over to the box. Within was a small long haired kitten. She had to hold back a soft squeal. She quickly asked the young man what he wanted for the kitten with a straight face, befitting her station in her clan. They came to a number and she handed over the yen and made her way home with the kitten, but not before noticing the ghost cat dissipating.

The young Isaki pet the kitten as she walked home, thinking of a name for the small creature. "What'cha think of the name Maiko, little one? No? Hmm, how about Mouna? Mouna better? Then that's your name,
little Mouna-neko."
Soft purrs echoed out as they walked and continued on even after they arrived back home.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back