Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A change of will.

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Even as he stood outside of the clan home of the Ishi clan, regret burned deep in his stomach. He had been a member of the Uchiha clan since his birth. His father was a part of it, his mother was a part of it.. everyone in his family had been a member of the proud Uchiha clan. However, that wasn't the path for Maikeru anymore. He would never shed his name, he would always be proud of the Uchiha blood that flowed in his veins, but, his path followed a different road than those before him, and those he had grown up with.

Yuu Kenshin, sennin of the main branch, and Taijutsu master of the leaf village was the head of this clan. It was for that reason, that he had chosen to migrate to this household, to this family. Kenshin, and those of the Ishi clan could help his progression, far more than the Uchiha had or would in the future. Still, he did not some small regrets. It meant leaving his childhood home, leaving behind memories both good and bad, but, this was something he needed to do. Not for his pride, not for Kenshin, for himself.

So, as he took those first steps behind the border of the clan's household, he shed every regret, every fear he held inside of him. This was his path now, and he would not falter. He would not look back, and he would not sway in his resolve. Now, came the first real test of his will. Finding the clan head..

It took asking of a few other clan members, and even helping someone in their morning spar, before he managed to track down the office of the clan head. With a large sigh, he knocked on the door, awaiting to be allowed entrance.

Saitou Rei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Reicheru sat in a chair outside of Kenshin's clan head office with her hands folded in her lap, externally appearing calm and collected and together. Internally, however, questions battered the walls of her mind and threatened to dismantle her composure. Was she doing the right thing? It wasn't that she particularly cared about what her Nanjirou family thought - they already didn't have a very high opinion of her to start with. However, should she be seizing the opportunity of her new friendship with Danii to begin working toward one day building up the Nanjirou clan in Konoha under their tutelage? While it was true that she disagreed with much of how her family perceived the shinobi world, they rivaled the Uchiha in pride for their bloodline and would have valuable wisdom to pass down, to keep preserved.

Or… she could travel back to Stone, back to where hers and Danii's families had come, hear more than one perspective and one version of the story. This way the clan could be founded on truth and not the rose-tinted memory of one family. This way, they could learn to better cooperate with clans and shinobi whose methods and principles were different from theirs. That truly was the draw for Reicheru to the Ishi clan, this idea that "the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb," a quote which was often shortened to remove the context by other clans to promote the bond of blood between relatives. For shinobi on the front lines, it mattered more that you knew your teammate had your back and was capable than what family name he had, and from recent developments it seemed she may be seeing a lot of the front line in her future. She had to be prepared, and right now she trusted Kenshin more than anyone to prepare her.

The sound of knocking a few feet away pulled Reicheru from her thoughts. It would seem she was not the only one thinking this way. Of course, meeting with Kenshin in the clan house did not necessarily mean he was looking to join, but she wouldn't be surprised in the least if that was his plan given the focus of their recent training together and conversations. "Hey, Maikeru! You here to see Kenshin too? Someone told me he had just stepped out, but that he would be back shortly. Wanna sit?" she asked, motioning to the seat next to her as they waited for the Sennin's arrival.

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The clan house was less of a clan house than a multi layer dojo that was pitch black. On the first floor, which Kenshin put his office, was the central fighting arena for official clan matches and group meetings. It was almost as big as the arena it Kitsune park. Some of their fights went a little crazy but the place was built to last.

Kenshin himself was just reentering the dojo. As he entered, he was immediately challenged by one of the masters. A small crowd had been formed but before he could respond he was informed that two people were waiting for him.

He waved his hand to dismiss the group but said after this meeting he would fight him so he had better get ready. They went to the big area to warm up looking eager. He approached the two students he knew pretty well. He was wearing his full black training gear, his sennin robes and his gold waistband showing that he was clan head.

"Sorry for the wait. I was busy dealing with something and I got challenged. If you stick around after our meeting you can watch an upper tier match. Step into my office." Kenshin would open his door and they would be greeted to his office away from his office.

It was similar to his Sennin office but this one contained a lot more books. These books however were all about fighting styles. Some were about stretches and some where locked with small padlocks clearly only for those who had some power. Other than that, his desk and work out material were similar to the other office. He would sit and motion for the others to sit across from him.

"So what is it you want to talk to me about here in this clan house? I do hope you enjoy it."

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maikeru was slightly surprised by the sparseness of the office. Though, he guessed for a taijutsu master it made sense. It didn't need the level of literature or tools of the trade that someone like Mikasa needed, and he didn't presume him to be the type to worry about much more than the function of the room. Though, he wouldn't say he wasn't slightly disappointed there weren't drinks laid out for waiting guest. Stepping into the office, he gave a small bow as Kenshin sat behind his desk.

"Ah, yes, Kenshin-sensei." He said, clearing his throat to continue. "Well.. I wish to leave the Uchiha clan."

A simple sentence, but one that held much weight behind it. The Uchiha were, for all intents and purposes, the main clan of the leaf. They were certainly the strongest member wise, and probably strength wise. The Sharingan mostly responsible for that, able to give their members a wide variety of paths they could follow. Variety was the spice of life, and it was also a great boon to a military strength.

"More than that, I wish to transfer over to your clan, sir." He said, unsure of what else to say, really. "Recently, I formed a swordsmen group within the leaf, and I think your clan would be a great boon to my skill set. It's my belief that living among all of you, and training and becoming your family will help me become the shinobi I was truly meant to be. I have no hate for the Uchiha clan, but I have no love either. I haven't considered them my family for a long time, and I'm searching for a new home. If you'll have me, that is.."

Saitou Rei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As the familiar shock of silver hair became visible rounding the corner and entering the dojo, Reicheru quickly stood next to Maikeru and gave a respectful bow as their Sennin approached. She couldn't help but keep her face from beaming with excitement as Kenshin mentioned the possibility of hanging around to watch him spar. Maikeru had trained with this taijutsu master, but Reicheru hadn't yet been afforded the opportunity to see him in action. "That would be amazing," the young girl said with a grin before following behind the older shinobi into his office.

The assortment of books in the clan head's office caught Reicheru a bit off guard. Between Kenshin's physique, piercings, and general attitude toward shinobi life and combat, she admittedly hadn't expected him to be the… reading type. Not that she could say much; she read diligently for her classes, but preferred to spend her free time training. She peered about at the titles, and the sheer number of fighting styles collected in this one space was incredible to her. Her family rarely ventured out of learning how to improve their own very specific style of fighting except to learn how to counter others. Reicheru had a great deal to learn here, of that she was already certain.

"It's wonderful," the young kunoichi answered in response to Kenshin's hope that they enjoyed the clan house, before turning to listen as Maikeru got straight to the point of their business. So she was right; as different as they were, she and Maikeru certainly had a great deal in common. She allowed what her fellow swordsman had said to set in for a moment before following up, "In a similar vein, I also wish to join the Ishi clan, if you'll have me." Reicheru paused, hands together behind her back, rubbing her thumb across the back of her hand. She wasn't sure how much she needed to say, but decided to follow her friend's lead of being rather straight-forward. "I have considered helping my family rebuild a branch of the Nanjirou clan here in Konoha, but right now there are too few of us and we have too little knowledge of the world to really be an asset to the village. I think the belief that the Ishi was founded on is something we need in this village, and I want to see it prosper and see its ideals spread far more than I want to preserve something as trivial as a name. That's why I - that's why we're here." Nearly holding her breath, the students awaited their teacher's response.

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin would look at the two of them. One wanted to leave his current clan and the other wanted help starting her up. Interesting.

"Well I can do that. I will have to talk to Takeshi but I accept you. All people are welcome here so long as they have the love of taijutsu in their hearts. Now both of you would start out as Disciples. In this clan beginners are Disciples. Next there are the Masters who are masters of every kind of fighting style. To become a master you must beat a Master yourself in a fair fight. You must have approval of another master to challenge a current master. I am the Grand Master and can be challenged by a master for my Title like you will see shortly. Now, tell me what style of taijutsu you enjoy."

Kenshin would get up and begin to walk around to his shelves and to a wardrobe that was near the mass of books. He would stand there waiting for the students to answer.

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, that went much easier than Maikeru was accepted. Was that all there really was to it? To leave his family all he had to do was talk to another clan? Well, that did make it a bit anti climatic. Regardless, Maikeru gave a small bow to the sennin and now his clan head, before speaking.

"I appreciate it, Kenshin-sama." He said, giving a small smile. "If I may inquire, is there a master of the blade? If so, who would that be? I am interested to learn under him if nothing else."

He watched as Kenshin walked towards the books, giving him a curious look. Maikeru wasn't sure there was much more he could learn from a book, but the Sennin probably knew better than him. He had already exhausted the supply of the library, but it was likely that Kenshin had acquired some rare tomes for himself over his life as a shinobi. He did come from another village as far as Maikeru knew, so maybe foreign techniques?

"As you probably guessed from my earlier statement, I mainly rely on the blade. A katana, to be more specific. Though, I am pretty well versed in the Uchiha clan style taijutsu and am pretty proficient with my Sharingan, so I've picked up various other styles from other students."

Saitou Rei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Reicheru gave a deep bow at clan head's acceptance of them, her dark hair falling about her face to obscure her features. "Thank you, Kenshin-sama!" When she stood upright again, before she quickly blinked it away, one might notice the moisture at the corners of her eyes. She hadn't realized it, the hole she felt, until now. She carried Nanjirou blood but never saw them as a true family, and the only place she had found that sense of belonging now stood empty with her mother often gone. The friends she'd made along the way helped, but while they could support one another they could not guide each other the same way someone who was older with more experience could. She'd come to so many crucial crossroads lately; she needed guidance.

She looked at Maikeru, and wondered what he could be thinking. He'd come from the largest clan in the village, the one of greatest renown and one of the most feared for their shinobi prowess. The small smile he gave demonstrated his gratitude, but what else was going on behind those charcoal black eyes? What had driven him here? Her thoughts were interrupted by Kenshin's question. "Likewise, as both a Nanjirou and a member of Kashima, my focus is kenjutsu - specifically iaijutsu. Not long ago I began venturing outside of that specialty, before I paired with my blade. During that time I focused on ninjutsu, but also found that I enjoy muy thai as far as unarmed combat goes. Unfortunately I'm not very well versed in it since I didn't have anyone teaching me, though I hope to learn more."

Kiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yong weaved like a snake through the streets of Konoha towards the Ishi clanhouse, taking in and appreciating the fine workmanship of the vast, multi storey building he now moved towards. ...but why is it only black?<i></i> He thought as he made his way through the entry. He was greeted by a larger group of people than expected and the crowd seemed to be in a state of controlled excitement as the Grandmaster was to be tested on the dojo floor by one of the clans Masters. Yong grinned for this was precisely the reason he to had come to this Dojo... To test himself against the best Konoha had to offer, not just the Clan Head of the Ishi Clan but also one of the renowned Sennin of Konoha.

He stepped calmly and confidently onto the dojo floor, showing some arrogance as he moved to the centre of the arena. "Sennin, Grandmaster of the Ishi clan, Kenshin of Konohagakure..."<i></i> Yong spoke the words with a controlled, cold tone. His chakra infused voice carried throughout the grand space, reaching the ears of the Sennin and the two shinobi he was with very clearly, though spoken no louder than normal speaking volume, "...I, Hi no Ko of the wilds wish to test your might and that of Konohagakure. For the honour of your clan and your village... You must fight..."<i></i>
image.png

Topic entered, don't worry folks​

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin would listen and nod to each one of them. Her would pull 3 tomes. He would hand a thin black tome to Maikeru and to Reicheru he would hand a thick, brick red tome and a smaller dusty yellow tome. He would open his dojo door and talk to someone briefly before returning.

"You are not he first Uchiha that has been part of the clan so you that book was written by one of your predecessors, He died a few years ago but it should give you an idea of how to use those eyes of yours with a blade. I expect good things from you." Kenshin would turn to Reicheru "And I have had many people from different parts of your clan. They are a natural to this clan. The red tome is a collection of sword fighting styles amassed. Find what you want to study. The yellow one is about a fighting style that that is unarmed in nature but made for switching between blade and fist. It works with most swordstyles so you will find it a good combination. And here are your teachers."

Kenshin would look up as his door opened. Two people entered. One was a bald fighter wearing an eye patch a sword strapped ot his back. He was chewing on what looked like a toothpick. The other had his hair cutshort like Kenshin but was much younger and had black hair. He wore two blades on his back. Both were wearing the deep red vest and matching belt signifying they were Masters.

"Master Iku and Master Sunan will train each one of you. While you are here listen to their commands. They will assist you in becoming stronger." Kenshin would introduce them Master Iku, the one with the eyepatch would nod towards Maikeru. Master Sunan would smile towards Reicheru.

He would hand both of the new Disciples their light blue vests signifying their rank.

He was getting ready to answer when there was a commotion and a voice reached his ears. A challenge by an unknown person.

Kenshin saw that his Masters were looking at him. He nodded and both drew their weapons.

"Stay here or come with me, however do not approach this person with me. Stay to the side with the other disciples. This is my first order to you two as Clan head. Kenshin would say as he stepped out of the office his Sennin robes billowing behind him.

The intruder, Hi no Ko, stood bold as brass in the center of his arena. The various disciples were looking on from the sidelines as the Masters clad in red had drawn every weapon they could and were pointing it at the intruder. Kenshin would step forward flanked by his two Masters.

"You, a stranger, walk in and demand a fight with the top person here? You seem to misunderstand the very nature of our clan. We are a group of fighters, this is true. However, we value comradely, bonds forged through the means of fighting and training together These masters you see before you were either trained by me or are veterans of wars. We help heal those who have fought for this village. Some have given up their body parts and I help train them to fight again to believe in themselves again. I allow anyone to join so long as they focus on taijutsu and that they agree to learn! And to challenge me you must be apart of my clan and have approval from other members of the clan. You are not a member of this clan and you will never be after this brazen attempt. Also, my clan, do you approve of this match?" Kenshin would ask to the room and there was a group of shouts, some of them a little vulgar. "There is your answer. I refuse your challenge. On top of this, we have an enemy at our gates. I cannot fight at full strength at the moment. My duty to my village tops any personal challenge. Until Frost is dealt with, for better or for worse, I will not be accepting a full on fight. I accepted the fight with this master because I knew I would win. No offense Master Ming." Kenshin would say his grey eyes staring at the intruder.

"No offense taken Grandmaster. I wanted to see how much I have grown since our last spar," he said a little sheepishly.

"I know. Noting wrong with that. But as for you, I would kindly ask you leave. I ahve new clan members to introduce and you are in my spot." Kenshin would say his voice calm and a smile was on his face but it was clearly a dismissal.

Metsu

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hisao had spent some time tailing the village’s resident Missing Nin Yong around the place, he had been slightly concerned when he started heading towards the clan houses, but also was fairly certain that he couldn’t possibly get into trouble as there should be too many shinobi around, even for Yong. Because that is something that has stopped our missing friend before,</B><i></i>

Ignoring the voice in his head as usual, he followed along, wondering what he was up to. I don’t understand what goes through this boy’s mind. I should ask Migoya for tips on dealing with him. The irony of an ANBU asking a criminal advice on how to deal with a missing-nin was not lost on Hisao, but it was just another compromise he had been making lately. He was burnt out and disillusioned, his thoughts on the village currently disjointed. The least he could do was minimise Yong’s mischief. Or contain it if necessary.

Hisao sighed as Yong walked into the Ishi Clan house, already with a sinking feeling that he wasn’t lucky enough for the Sennin to not be home, or that Yong had just come for Tea. Kenshin was renowned in the village for his taijutsu, and that must be what Yong was after. Dropping down to the street, he quickly followed Yong through the building, but was too late to stop his challenge. Standing off to the side he waited to hear Kenshin’s reply.

<B>"Sennin, Grandmaster of the Ishi clan, Kenshin of Konohagakure...I, Hi no Ko of the wilds wish to test your might and that of Konohagakure. For the honour of your clan and your village... You must fight..." Yong with his typical theatrics, had inbued his voice with chakra, to make it carry clearly, something Hisao almost chuckled at, oh the posturing of youth, and Kenshin’s reply was steady, in the controlled tones of a clan head,

"You, a stranger, walk in and demand a fight with the top person here? You seem to misunderstand the very nature of our clan. We are a group of fighters, this is true. However, we value comradely, bonds forged through the means of fighting and training together These masters you see before you were either trained by me or are veterans of wars. We help heal those who have fought for this village. Some have given up their body parts and I help train them to fight again to believe in themselves again. I allow anyone to join so long as they focus on taijutsu and that they agree to learn! And to challenge me you must be apart of my clan and have approval from other members of the clan. You are not a member of this clan and you will never be after this brazen attempt. Also, my clan, do you approve of this match? There is your answer. I refuse your challenge. On top of this, we have an enemy at our gates. I cannot fight at full strength at the moment. My duty to my village tops any personal challenge. Until Frost is dealt with, for better or for worse, I will not be accepting a full on fight. I accepted the fight with this master because I knew I would win. No offense Master Ming." <i></i>

The clan members around the dojo were not kind in their opinion of the challenge, and Kenshin’s speech in reply, while long winded, left little to interpretation. Yong had challenged Kenshin in his own Dojo, in his own clan house, without finding out anything about the clan other than it’s strength. You know his refusal in that manner was a mistake though Hisao, Yong will not react well to being told he can’t do something, let alone his challenge being refused.<i></i> Nodding to himself and the voice, and Kenshin has made a mistake assuming it was a normal clan challenge. Sennin or not, Yong is a Missing Nin, regardless of what deals are made, and knows nothing of the village’s ways. He respects strength only, not rules. I should probably step in, but I need to know how Yong reacts to situations like this. I’m sure I can hold back a bit before acting.

[Topic entered]

WC: 436 (not counting other people’s talking)

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Well, today seemed to be shaping up well. Though a bit disappointed that he wouldn't be learning under Kenshin any longer, it was nice to know that he had someone else to over see his training. The book was also going to be a huge help. Most Uchiha seemed to favor either ninjutsu, or genjutsu, so the stories and studies of one who specialized in Kenjutsu would help Maikeru immensely. He wouldn't lie if he said the fact that there was another who left the Uchiha clan made the anxiety and stress he had been holding in his chest lighter either.

"Thank you, Grand Master Kenshin." He said, giving a bow to the white haired Sennin. "And Master Iku, it will be an honor to train under you as well."

As he gave the other man the same respectful bow he had given to Kenshin, he looked over to Reicheru. He smiled at the girl, before giving her a large thumbs up. It seemed that neither of them had anything to worry about, this clan was where they belonged after all.

Yes, the day was shaping up nicely.. and then suddenly, it wasn't. A man, posturing as they all are like to do, entered. His words were simple, and straight forward. He had wished to challenge Kenshin, which wasn't something Maikeru could exactly blame him for. Kenshin was an amazing taijutsu expert, and someone Maikeru looked up to. But, this man wasn't a leaf shinobi. In fact, he saw no identification on him at all, which meant one thing. Nuke-kin. But, if this man could get in, why didn't Maru come visit him more often? Or.. ever for that matter. That man was really shaping up to be an awful sensei.

At Kenshin's orders, he stepped back to Reicheru's side. In one hand, he held his books and his vest, in the other the scroll containing Kusanagi. He had noticed that subconsciously, he had stepped slightly ahead of Reicheru, using half of his body to shield her in a way. He made a note of that, before leaning back to whisper to her.

"So, seriously, I was cooler than this guy as Joker, right? My entrance was way better than his, wasn't it?"

Kiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yong basked in the jeers of the members of the clan around him, feeding his ego further. He chuckled to himself as the Sennin responded, refusing his request and asking him politely to leave the dojo. The 'Masters' of the dojo had drawn blades and pointed them towards him...

The chakra seals running throughout his body released. Dark tendrils of chakra enveloped him before solidifying into his armour, his katana, still sheathed, hung on his hip. "Great Sennin of Konoha..."<i></i> The inflection on the man's title oozed with sarcastic undertones. The dark chakra coiled over his face, concealing his countenance behind the quickly forming armoured mask. "...you fear the Frost at your gates whilst your Hokage invites a wolf into your home."<i></i> He placed his hand on the hilt of his Katana, though now fully armoured he still maintained a casual stance. "You misunderstand... Grandmaster... I asked no question..."<i></i>
image.png

Calling b-mod. Directed towards Kenshin but everyone else can choose to join in or spectate, up to you all, I'm not worried either way. Lets play ☺️

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
NOTE: Maikeru and Reicheru are currently in a bmodded battle Here. This fight is required to wait until after that bmod battle is complete. But in the mean time, I still want you all to send me your info -- Maikeru and Reicheru included
tumblr_nt5ah8u6DN1t89rpeo2_500.gif

Welcome to a Moderated Battle!
I will be your B-Mod -- Tenkawa Kaori!​

I will be asking for the following:
+ Username
+ OOC Rank
+ Character Level
+ Custom Class
+ Stats (Tai, Nin, Gen, Stam, Agi, CC -- Order isn't important)
+ Bloodline/Core Ability (Provide a Link)
+ Kinjutsu (if applicable) (Provide a link)
+ Abilities (Link every ability)
+ Inventory (Link every item)
+ Pouch Types (You can fill in what goes in there (of that type) later on)
+ Weapons (if applicable)
+ Branch (Main/Medic/ANBU)
+ Jutsu List (Link EVERY Jutsu)
+ Contract Summon (if applicable)
+ Bodies (Dependent on Kinjutsu) -- I'll need all their information too
+ Cursed Seals (if applicable)
+ Strategist Slots (if applicable)
+ Anything else I missed but you feel would be needed in the fight.

Afterwards, in a separate PM, send me your actions. I do have some ground rules though ::
+ Link EVERYTHING you do (besides basic strikes anyway) to what you are doing in EVERY post you send to me. If you are doing a jutsu, I want a link to that jutsu. If it's from a bloodline, link to the bloodline, etc.
+ As with above, if you are using something from a particular augment, link that. If you are using something from your bloodline/core ability/kinjutsu, link to that table. If you are using something from a particular ability, link to the particular ability!
+ When doing calculations, don't calculate damage or CP. I'll do that myself.
+ Place the AP of your jutsu in your actions (makes things easier for me)
+ If there are anything that might modify your actions -- such as if you have +25% ninjutsu damage and you're doing a ninjutsu, stating it there will help me remember those buffs.
+ Make your actions clear and concise -- a wall of text makes it hard to read your actions even if you are comboing.
+ Keep your conditionals in mind. Only things you'd know IC can be used as conditionals.
+ You have exactly 48 hours to submit an RP and send actions. Failure to do this will result in being placed in Defensive Mode and doing nothing else. (other than smart actions)
+ Do not harass me on any medium about the battle. If I made a mistake (or a few) send me a PM (be courteous) and I'll go and fix it.
+ Label all round actions by the round they are for. so Round 1 actions -- Label the PM "Round 1 Actions"
By approving this mod, you agree to follow the stated rules above.

Good luck to the competitors and FIGHT ON!

NOTE: First round will take a little while to put up due to having to compile all numbers together and all that -- so be patient with round 1.

IMPORTANT: I do not entertain "RAW vs RAI" arguments. If a thing is modded a certain way, that's how it will be modded. If you have any gripes about how it's modded, please make a suggestion to get it's wording fixed.

Yes -- EVERYONE in this topic is considered to be in the battle. Death IS enabled. No backing down now

Saitou Rei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Thumbing through the books she'd been handed while Kenshin explained their purpose, Reicheru's eyes glowed with excitement. As she became more and more aware of just how much she didn't know, rather than get overwhelmed the young girl hoped to rise up to meet the challenge and expand her knowledge. With the arrival of Masters Iku and Sunan, Reicheru turned to face them and give a customary bow. She hadn't expected to be training directly under Kenshin given how different their specialties were, and so the fact that these men had trained and worked under him was more than enough for Reicheru. "Yes, thank you Kenshin-sama," she remarked to the Grand Master, echoing Maikeru and accepting her vest before turning to her own teacher, "Master Sunan, I'm Saitou Reicheru. I'm grateful, and looking forward to our training."

The words barely left her mouth before the commotion began. Though it sounded like just another challenge, the grandiose manner in which it was announced and the tension that seemed to fill the masters in the dojo with informed Reicheru that this was not a customary challenge. Shooting Maikeru a confused look, she followed Kenshin out of the office and onto the edge of the arena that their Sennin took center stage in alongside the newcomer. His dress was unlike the other masters, which informed her even before Kenshin began talking that this man was not from Ishi. How gutsy. "Whatever you need to tell yourself," she whispered back to Maikeru with a grin as he stepped in front of her. Reicheru peeked around the side of her much taller friend to keep a good visual of the scene - they had been promised a show, after all. Though the man had not gone through the proper channels, perhaps Kenshin would demonstrate why this type of intrusion was frowned upon…

Or not. Reicheru looked up at Maikeru and shrugged, assuming that things would calm down after Kenshin denied the challenge. She turned, ready to introduce herself to the other disciples who had gathered alongside them around the edge of the arena when she felt it, the sense that something was terribly wrong. Slowly twisting her head back toward the intruder, she watched as armor began to develop around the man and a dark aura filled the space. This was no simple challenge - this man had come for blood. The words he spoke caused her eyes to grow wide. "...you fear the Frost at your gates whilst your Hokage invites a wolf into your home." 'The Hokage…' The thought tightened her muscles, hands gripping the books she'd been handed until her knuckles turned white. It seemed that at every turn, the man that was supposed to lead her village and protect their people instead put them in danger. Reminders of Nitish flashed through her mind, the Hokage standing over the boy he'd killed in the name of 'peace'. Was this the peace you wanted, Lord Fourth?

Now was not the time to wallow in the past, of course. Reicheru looked at the other disciples, most of them her and Maikeru's age, some even younger. Now was the time for action, even if the Sennin ordered them not to take part directly in the conflict. 'You have to ask yourself, do you trust me?' Kenshin's words from that fateful day rang out in her mind. 'You better know what you're doing, Kenshin-sama…' she thought as she began placing the books her new clan leader had given her in the pouch on her hip. As she dropped them in, her finger brushed against the hilt of her concealed weapon. Pausing for just a moment, even though it seemed good to have for protection, she decided drawing it now would only make her a potential target. Instead, withdrawing her empty hand, she turned to the disciples and whispered, "If we stay here, we'll only get in Kenshin's way. He doesn't need to be worried about us and not be able to give it his all. We need to get out without getting in the way." She waited to see how the others would respond before a realization hit her - she hadn't grown up in a clan, and didn't really know how they worked outside of training specific skills to be honest. But this was in fact a clan house; lifting worried eyes to Maikeru, she asked quietly, "…are there children here?"

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kenshin sighed heavily. In a movement, the Sennin robes fell to the ground. He reached to his belt and took off the golden waistband. A few of the nearby masters made sounds of protest but Kenshin silenced them with a look. He would walk forward each step calculated and steady until he was standing in front of the intruder.

"A wolf? All I see before me is a mutt barking at his betters thinking he can lead the pack by being the loudest. I told you once to leave and yet you insist putting my masters, disciples, and students in danger to satiate your misplaced need to prove yourself. I will not let you bring harm to these people. Since you insist on causing a scene, I will oblige you, mutt, and know that I do not start fights but I do end them."

[Actions sent]

Metsu

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hisao failed to keep the burst of laughter from escaping as Kenshin referred to Yong not as a wolf as he sees himself, but as a mutt. A pure mutt of the wilds maybe, that’s just as dangerous as a wolf.</I><i></i> Nodding to the voice he stepped forward, hand seals flashing and his ANBU mask appearing on his face, slightly askew as he quickly took a swig from his flask. <I>Stupid boy. I should try and minimise the damage here, I don’t want to have to put down either Kenshin or Yong, but if I have to fight them both I will, damn the consequences.

Running into the Dojo with his wizened hands blurring in handseals, he felt his Curse Seal eagerly push chakra through his worn out body. Ignoring the flicker of a shadowy figure that had appeared in the corner of the Dojo, he focused on the battle ahead, I'm getting too old for this, I need to keep those two isolated. Where is Doku when you need him?

Battle Music

[Actions being sent]

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Alright, admin gave me the go-ahead to proceed with this mod.
Reicheru and Maikeru have time, according to the Rules of Engagement, to submit actions within the allotted timeframe. Failure to do so will result in being placed into Defensive Stance (-4 acc/+2 dodge), regardless of if you have Defensive Technique.

Kanagawa Nozomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
ZT00BQF.png

3f7cfb2e1546c56a2a9df1ae1b1e780b.png

dfb4e9360f82f386e95c3aa45f6bb516.png

33bf769f8a1b4eefee387e91e7e05ac3.png

278156e77e48a500954be80f736567f3.png

80659bc05ca1b2801f011e5f74fc2f84.png
XDW4BAR.gif
Wa2hnlc.gif

[tbody]

[/tbody]

B-Mod Notes:
@Yong:
Nothing

@Kenshin:
One of your conditionals was invalid and was thus ignored. If you have any questions on the validity of your conditional, ask me and I'll inform you.

@Hisao:
Nothing

@Maikeru:
One of your items you attempted to use wasn't in the profile that was sent to me by the admin, thus that action was skipped.

@Reicheru:
Nothing

------
@All:
- Do not harass me over any medium about this mod. All harassment will be recorded and sent up to the admin.
- You all have, according to the RoE, to post AND submit actions (both) before the time is up. I am pretty strict with RoE timing. Miss it by even a minute and you will be placed into defensive stance.
- If you have any questions in regards to the mod, please send me a PM over the site -- I will not answer PMs over discord or any other medium.
- PLEASE link all of your actions!

-----
FIXES
- Yong's partial hit is actually a full hit, so it was changed in the mod
- All things targeting the Shadow were set to queue, so the mod reflects that now.
- No visual numbers were changed due to this.
- Slight visual change to Supreme Aqua Realm targeting Kenshin. I made a mistake with autohits and rolled it. Still hit so no result change (just changed wording from auto-hit to hit)
42 ASP / 10800 Yen

Metsu

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hisao floated in the water, his troubles briefly forgotten as he lay weightless. He had managed to achieve his goal, the young pup and the sennin were contained for now, and a little wet. He briefly wondered if he would be able to drink from his flask while within the bubble of chakra infused water, but realised he would not be able to. Stop spacing out, you old fool, can you not see what he is doing?</I><i></i>

Rudely interrupted by the voice again, he looked over to Kenshin, also floating in the water, but not at ease like Hisao was. His hand was pressed up against his head, obviously using a headset, and could read the name Maki on his lips. Well, that’s not great, but is also an excellent idea. Reaching past his ANBU mask, Hisao tapped his headset to call in his own assistance.

”Um Doku, can you please get your unnaturally stupid young face over to the Ishi Clan house. Yong has decided he absolutely needed to challenge Kenshin right now, and we need to do something about it.” Frowning again at the trouble his mentor’s pup had put him in, he thought about what needed to be done going forward. This fight is no good for anyone, it needs to be stopped, the sooner the better, I don’t know if I can afford to stay neutral.

A shadow shifted in the outskirts of his vision, <I>Then do not stay neutral, you need to make a choice, the village or the pup. Things could get a lot worse for everyone involved of you if you do not, and I personally do not want your body damaged before I get to take it from you.<i></i> Scowling at the typical diatribe from the voice, Hisao sat torn, trying to make his decision.

WC: 304

[Actions sent]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back