Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Contract Search A Haunting Discovery (Dual Contract Search)

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Today was a busy day in Konohagakure, with all of the available shinobi given mission and tasks that had them all preoccupied. Therefore, the only two available to investigate the claims of a haunted house in the forest were the Genin and Chuunin combination of Pankesu Hayashi and Yamanaka Shusuke. While the two hadn't worked together before, hopefully this encounter would draw the two closer together. Letters were dispatched to each of them by an Academy student, who quickly ran off to deliver the parcels so that he could claim his reward and treat himself to some dango. What he failed to mention was that the two were supposed to meet at the village gates, causing some confusion as the two shinobi show up to the mission dispatch center, only to be scolded for not following directions given with the mission request.

As the two make their way to the front gates of the village, the sweltering heat builds as the sun beats down from a cloudless sky. Today was a day made for a sweet drink, perhaps some lemonade, and a relaxing activity like reading a book or gardening. Instead, these two were being thrust together to go out into the surrounding forest and lay to rest these claims of the "haunted house". Surely there was no such thing! However, as the unlikely pair reaches the village gates, an older man greets them. Appearing to be in his 60s, with thinning gray hair, the man holds a straw hat in his hand and wears clothes that give him away as a farmer. "I'm sorry to bother you boys, but this house has been of some concern for quite some time. My children have almost been eaten by this beast, and just the other day I lost some livestock to it as well. I kid you not, I was wandering the fields looking for them. Found their tracks leading off into the forest, and the trail lead me to the haunted house out there. As I drew closer to the clearing, I saw the house come alive and snatch up my cow, swallowing it whole. I couldn't get out of there fast enough, I was so damn scared! So please, kill this beast and make the forest safe again! I beg of you."

[Summoning Hayashi and Shusuke]

Pankesu Hayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hayashi didn't adhere to the strictest of sleep schedules, therefore he was still asleep in his bed when he was awoken by a loud knocking at his door downstairs. He jumped out of bed, got dressed and almost fell down the stairs in a race to reach the door, "I'm awake!" he shouted, as if trying to convince himself. Outside of the door lay a letter and as he looked up the street he could see a student running off at an incredible speed, a small cloud of dust billowing behind him. 'huh, he's in an awful rush. I'm just thankful that they didn't send another one of those birds' Hayashi thought to himself as he opened the letter and simultaneously rubbed his eyes to further wake himself up. The letter stated that there was some sort of situation involving a 'haunted house', but didn't mention where and since the messenger had already run off, Hayashi had to assume he was wanted at the mission centre. After putting on his sun hat, having a quick breakfast and stuffing some more bread rolls in his pockets for later, he set off.

Unfortunately due to an... error in communications, as Hayashi put it, he was in fact wanted at the city gates, and so after a quick scolding, that is where he headed to next. Hayashi had always enjoyed the heat, after all he had spent his fair share of time in the heat of the kitchens of Pankesu's Pastry, however today was very hot and by the time he reached the gates he was already quite tired. Just as he approached the gates he saw, who he could only assume to be his teammate on this mission. A blonde guy just a bit shorter than himself, Hayashi had never seen him before but considering himself a good judge of character, approached and tried to break the ice, "Hey, nice hair, us blondies have gotta stick together right?"

Pacing nervously back and forth at the gate was an older man who greeted the two of them and told them about the details of the mission. "The house.... ate some c...ccc..cows?!" exclaimed Hayashi a little too loudly, suddenly feeling a little unsure about the mission, before quickly disregarding the fear and falling back on his blind confidence, "Im sure it'll be a non issue sir, we can handle this, right?" He said turning to look at Shusuke.

[WC: 402]

[Using Discovery of Contract of Your Choice - Tsukumogami]

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shusuke was sitting in his apartment thinking of the mission he had completed not even twenty four hours ago under the moniker of "Reaper" for the ANBU Branch of Konohagakure, but his train of thought was broken when he heard a knock on the door before quick steps away. He let out a sigh. `Oh, is this another mission?` The voice in his head said to the Yamanaka prodigy. "Oh probably." Stepping out to the street and grabbing the letter from the ground he noticed it was a mission summons. He was to meet up with some genin at the front gates to take care of a haunted house? He let out a sigh. Of course he was sent on a ridiculous mission like this.

Dressing himself in some of his standard ninja attire the young boy wore a white button down shirt with a small tie, a pair of black slacks, anda long glowing black cloak. He was not excited for this mission, mostly because he felt like it was going to be a baby sitting mission again. "I swear they keep assigning me to missions with Genin because of my age." Shusuke said as he was walking down the street. `Maybe they want you to actually get to know people your age?` Tamashii offered in retaliation. Shusuke rolled his eyes and continued to make his way to the village gates.

Upon arrival it wouldn't take long before the older boy arrived. He looked to be a young adult, and he stood at about a foot taller than Shusuke. Hayashi was also clearly not the same age as the recently turned eleven year old boy. He raised his brow at the new arrival when he addressed their hair colors, yea they were both blond but how did that matter? He let out a sigh before responding. "My name is Yamanaka Shusuke. This mission should be a quick one." It was at this time that the older man arrived and began to give them the brief for their assignments.

"Before we head out we should probably get a general understanding of the abilities we each hold so that if there is an actual threat we are prepared to work together." As he spoke he extending his hand and caused a slight rippling in the air that manifested a large scythe into his hand. "Along with my Genjutsu prowess as a Yamanaka, I can also conjure an array of weapons, all of which I am quite adept with. What sort of skills do you have?" He would begin walking towards the house as he and Hayashi spoke about their skill sets, all the while trying to keep an ear out for any disturbances.

MFT: 449/1500

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
As the unlikely pair make their way through the village gates, sharing their skills and abilities, the farmer walks slightly behind them. Introducing himself as Yanagi Fumio, the older man places his hat back on his head and now his hands grasp at the hem of his shirt instead. "You know... Now that I think about it, maybe I was just imagining the house eating my cow. I still heard it mooing after it went inside, perhaps it was a trick of the light. But still, there's definitely sounds coming form inside and it's definitely abandoned. Do ya think you two'll be able to make it habitable again? A home like that would be a good spot for my boy, if you can clear it out. It's nearby and the land is rather fertile. I wouldn't be opposed to having a second little farm nearby." As he rambles, Fumio points off to a trail through the forest. The two shinobi follow his directions, and head down the trail with him following behind.

As they get deeper into the forest, the overwhelming heat starts to fade a little and the canopy above blocks out much of the light. What little bit breaks through dapples the ground, creating many moving shadows that causes Fumio to jump constantly and clutch his hands to his chest. He keeps closely to Hayashi, having decided that he must be the more capable of the two, given that he is older. Shusuke was clearly the genin assigned to this mission, who was probably tagging along just to get some experience. If only the man knew how wrong his assumptions were. After about an hour or two of travel, the trio comes across a small deer path that the farmer points out, causing them to walk single file. He insists on walking between the two, unsure if there are any wild animals in the area that may attack them. "You can't be too careful, ya know? I've lost some livestock to wolves and bears in these woods. Me myself, well, I don't have none of that fancy chakra stuff you youngins have. I reckon I'd have made a pretty good ninja if I did, though. I'm a tough old man, having to tend to the fields for as long as I have. Makes the body strong. You keep eating well and training, perhaps your body will grow stronger too, little boy."

At the end of the path that they are following, a glow is present. It seems to be a flickering light, faintly visible through the thick of the trees. Along with it is a low moaning sound, almost as though there were a wind blowing through a cavern or something. However, there was no breeze on this hot day. Instead, the air was thick and heavy with anticipation. A small chill runs down the old man's spine as they approach the clearing, inside which stands a large house. It would not be called a mansion by any means, but it was a decent size. A rough estimate from looking at the outside, it would appear as though it would house five to six rooms easily. The front door stands wide open, the flickering light coming from various lamps in each of the windows and somewhere past the front door, causing it to seem as though the house had a writhing tongue flicking about it's mouth. Fumio screams and runs in the opposite direction, leaving the boys standing outside by themselves.

Pankesu Hayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hello then, im Hayashi!" He continued, unphased "yeah, hopefully its over soon so we can get out of the sun", he said with a smile. "ah, yes my abilities, well... I know some water jutsus uhhhhh, some lightning ones, oh! I have a medical one if things get hairy..." Replied Hayashi sheepishly, intimidated by Shusuke's arsenal "And I almost forgot, I've got some warding seal tags" as he rifles through his pockets and pulls out some worn paper strips covered in writing "got given these by my grandad." He said proudly, "anyway im sure it wont get to the point of fighting anyway, we're just checking out some house."

As the old man continues to ramble they walked down a path until they reached an old house in the forest. When suddenly like a deer hearing a twig snap, the man darts off at the lights from the house. It must have been the fastest he has moved in years, but in a few seconds flat the man was gone. "Woah" Hayashi said as he let out a light chuckle, "That really got him huh". He turned back to face the house again, where the lights were still flickering from inside, and shivered at the thought of going in. 'Even if it was just someone who had decided to live in the house, Im not very exited to get into some sort of confrontation' He thought, as he took a few tentative steps towards the house. "I wonder if the cow lit those lamps" joked Hayashi, looking over at Shusuke with a light hearted expression.

The building had certainly been there for some time and was showing its age, ivy crept up some walls and the entirety of the house was weathered and covered in mud. There didn't seem to be any birds in the area, or if there were they were keeping to themselves, the only sounds were the rustle of leaves beneath the pairs feet and the creaking of the house itself. Gathering some courage from not wanting to look totally useless in front of his teammate, Hayashi stepped forwards and looked in through the door of the house.

[WC: 360]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shusuke would take note as the older boy explained his proficiency was with Ninjutsu, though from the sounds of it "Proficiency" probably wasn't the most accurate verbiage. "I have come to learn that in this line of work, the moment you ease your blade is the moment you never pick it back up again." Shusuke kept a serious tone on his face as a sword would begin to appear on his hip while he kept the scythe resting on his shoulder. Shusuke knew that any hesitation in any situation could cause you to lose the fight. His mind would wander and reflect on the occasion at the Gates once again. His most embarrassing moment of his life. He let out a sigh as he tried to ignore the man rambling on about the house and his son's potential farm.

"Yea, it seems to be just the two of us now, or rather three." As he spoke a ball of white light would apparate in his palm before being collided with the scythe in his hand. "Forbidden Art: Soul of the Sword Jutsu." As the sphere of light sunk into the handle of the weapon the scythe would begin to glow and take the physical form of a boy with white hair that appeared to be between Shusuke's and Hayashi's age. He stretched his arms out with a grin. "Oooh spooky shit, I am so glad I got invited to partake with this kinda mission." Tamashii said before looking back at Shusuke with a begrudging look on his face. "Why do you hate me? Why couldn't you leave me where I was until you had a mission to eat icecream or soemthing?"

"Shut up already. We have a job to do Tamashii. Provide back up to Hayashi-kun."
As he spoke he waived his hand towards the older boy before walking a different direction. He would then place his ring finger onto his thumb and cast his signature Yamanaka Style: Third Eye Blind jutsu which, if Hayashi consented to the connection, would allow the two boys to communicate telepathically to one another.

If the connection was made he would reach out mentally. `This is Shusuke, keep me up to date with what you find, I will check around back.`

TWC: 823/1500

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
As the two boys split up to investigate the house, as Hayashi first noticed, they quickly come to realize that the house has fallen into disrepair. The bones of the structure were solid, but here and there were signs of age and neglect. A broken step leading up towards the front door, a shutter barely hanging on by a hinge, and the back doors screens were all ripped and tattered as if an animal had clawed at them. The low moaning sound gets louder as the two boys approach the house, almost as if it were the house itself making the noise. If they listened closely, it almost sounded like words rather than a wordless wail. "Sou....ichi.....rou...." The word emanated all around them, groaning over and over.

Hayashi and Tamashii

As these two drew closer to the front of the house, Hayashi and his new companion would notice that the lights from the lamps almost dance across the window panes like humanoid figures. Twisting and turning to watch as the two boys slowly approached the house. The light flickering from inside the front door was quickly revealed to be from a fireplace at the far end of the hall, with another door looming open at the end of it. This fire was raging, almost as though someone had just fed it, and the fireplace itself seemed to be in much better condition than the outside of the house. Along the hallway was a blood red carpet, furthering the image that the house itself had a mouth and a tongue, now. As they look away from the lamps and further inside the house, the lamps themselves slide closer to the front door. Sensing someone intruding on their territory, and wondering if they are here to help or harm. Not many visited this house out in the woods, and they would be damned if anyone would come to harm it.

Shusuke

While Shusuke circles around to the back of the house, he notices much of the same conditions that Hayashi did as well. Mud splattered all across the walls, plants growing up the sides of the house and almost enveloping it entirely, as well as broken shutters and windows. Clearly this house has seen better days, and the rumors of it being haunted have driven local children to test the theory by throwing rocks through the windows to see if the house reacts. Many children in the village claim that the house has screamed at them and chased them away, tongue flicking out after them and flame flashing in its eyes as they ran away screaming. The adults just played this off as a children's game; that is, until Fumio put in for the mission request that this house be investigated. Perhaps the claims were true, and the house was alive? But that shouldn't be possible, should it?

Along the back of the house, Shusuke finds a porch that is in the same rundown condition as the front that Hayashi found the front of the house to be in. Broken steps and railings, slashed screens, and the back screen door falling out of its tracks. There is an odd sound back here, as well, and shadows dance across the broken screen. It appears that someone or something is inside the house. Could it be the farmer's cow, wandering around and looking for something to eat? Or was it perhaps something more sinister waiting for the boy to enter, so that it may attack him? As he listens closely, there is the sound of scraping coming from inside. Almost as though someone were dragging furniture around and rearranging it. But what sort of animal or burglar would do such a thing?

Pankesu Hayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh, uhhhhh, hi!" Said Hayashi, to the boy, "soooo, whats it like being a scythe?", desperate to strike up any form of conversation to help break the ice. He had always heard of this sort of thing but never actually seen it before and wanted to acquaint himself with it as soon as possible, despite the fact that all of his reliable ice breakers didn't apply in this very specific situation.

Hayashi consented to the connection, and could now hear Shusuke's voice in of his head, under normal circumstances this would be absolutely the opposite of what most people would want, but given that they were exploring a haunted house it seemed like a justified level of security. 'Sooo, I just have to think for you to hear me? and you can turn this off right?'

He could swear that the house was talking, or maybe that wasn't the right word, crying? It sounded quite sad and it was really getting under his skin, he had always felt in touch with the emotions of others and the sadness of the house was being partially reflected in his own emotional state. "Did you see those lights moving too? or was that just me?" whispered Hayashi to Tamashii, as they came to the front door. He and his companion could see a roaring fire, as if someone was living in the house and had just popped out of the room very recently.

He nervously stepped into the belly of the beast and jumped as the floorboards cracked and whined under his weight, adding to the mystery of the fire as surely they would be able to hear movement from inside the house a mile away! Regaining his composure and taking a few more steps into the centre of the room, he looked around, failing to notice anything too out of order, crept ever closer to the fire. The room was surprisingly well furnished, you would expect that prospecting travellers would have picked the abandoned building clean of any valuable items, but nothing really seemed to be missing. Due either to travellers have a stronger code of morals than Hayashi imagined or through some sort of paranormal protection, it was impossible to say. 'well, ghost or not, the people living here have a keen eye for interior design, what's happening on your end?'

"Helllloooooo! Anybody home?" Shouted Hayashi, as to make any occupants aware of his impolite intrusion into their abode. "We've been sent to check out this place, stories of lost cattle, but we don't mean any harm. There wouldn't happen to have a cow that's wandered in here would there?" He waited for any kind of response that might come.

[WC: 445]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"You know, that's actually a great question... But I have one for you, what's it like not being a scythe?" Tamashii jokingly responded as he walked around looking at everything like a tourist in a new city. Tamashii was not acting like he was going to be of any help as he was clearly distracted by everything and anything. Every few steps he would stop and gawk at something new. "Nah, you're just seeing things. Unless there is someone here nothing can move on its own. I mean like, ghosts aren't real." The manifested spirit that took temporary human form said.

Tamashii followed behind Hayashi and began to yell out too. "If you have tea, I'll take it with two lump!" He hesitates and looks over to Hayashi, "You look like a milk-in-tea kinda guy," He turns away and starts yelling again. "Make that two cups of tea! Oooh and if you have any little cakes that would be delightful!"

As Shusuke approached the back of the house he heard the mental message from Hayashi. `I won't get all of your thoughts, just the ones you want me to hear, don't worry. As the boy turned the corner he began to see the flickering lights. Instinctively he triggered his Active Camo jutsu to try and mask his presence. Pulling his arms to his side he conjured forth a series of floating blades around him. Forbidden Art: Armigar Arsenal. Shusuke would slowly begin to approach the building and the nearly invisible blades hovered around him.

`I don't think I am alone, I can hear someone moving things around and the lights are flickering. I am going in.`

MFT: 273 - 1096/1500

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Hayashi and Tamashii

As Hayashi and Tamashii step into the house, the lights flicker briefly before going out behind them. Walking down the hallway and into the bedroom at the end of it, they see a fully furnished bedroom with a roaring fire in the fireplace opposite a large four poster bed with a gauzy curtain surrounding it. If they listen closely, they can also hear the same scraping sounds coming from outside of the room that Shusuke is hearing from the back of the house. The ground beneath their feet begins to tremble, and this time they clearly hear the wail passing throughout the house. "Sou....ichi.....rou...." As the voice emanates all around them, seemingly sourceless, they hear a faint noise from behind them. Turning, there is movement from the bed. As they slowly approach it, the sound becomes more prominent. It is a wheezing, almost as if someone were trying to breathe with great difficulty. The armchair at the end of the room slides closer, seemingly of its own accord, and a voice comes from it. "Leave this house now! Get away from here! Don't touch him!"

Shusuke
Shusuke immediately falls back onto his ANBU training, sensing a potential threat and using a jutsu to mask his presence. As he does so, and conjures his floating arsenal of blades, Shu also hears the house seemingly moaning. Shortly afterwards, a voice calls out from inside the house. "Leave this house now! Get away from here! Don't touch him!" He can tell that this voice is not coming from the room before him, and as he steps closer to the back door and peers inside one of the cuts in the screen, there is an odd sight before him. A broom, a tea kettle, and a hat go rushing from the room and down the darkened hallway away from Shusuke and towards the voice that was crying out. No one appears to be moving these objects; rather they seem to be moving of their own accord. What, exactly, is going on in this house that the objects have a life of their own? Hopefully the answer would soon be revealed to the boys.

Pankesu Hayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hmmmm, you know what, it probably feels similar to how you feel right now" he replied Hayashi, confident in his expertise in the field of not being a scythe. Tamashii's sceptical stance on the existence of ghosts caused Hayashi to shoot him a look that could only be interpreted as 'Are you serious right now?'

"Hey! I'm the shouting one, its bad enough we have just broken into someone's house let alone we start making demands about little cakes! And just for the record, yes tea without milk is just pointless." 'That's a relief' responded Hayashi. After not hearing any kind of response form anywhere in the house, the pair decided to explore further. Venturing down a corridor and into a bedroom containing yet another roaring fire. "Huh, another fire, this has got to have some significance right?" He reckoned, but before his reckoning was able to go any further, the pair encountered a ghostly presence.

In order to prevent a scream and avoid further offence to the house's occupants, Hayashi bites his index finger as hard as he can before bowing respectfully and taking a few steps backwards out through the doorway to the bedroom. "Hello! Sorry! we mean no harm!" Assured Hayashi. "This is all a big misunderstanding!", peeking his head back in the doorway of the bedroom before shuffling into sight with both hands raised with open palms to attempt to put the ghost at ease. "I'm Hayashi, with me are my colleagues Tamashii and Shusuke who... is somewhere else in this house. We didn't know there was anyone here, and we mean no harm. Is there anything we could do to help you... or your friend?" He said shakily but trying to be as genuine as possible, guessing as to who the voice was referring to as 'him'.

'Shusuke, you were right we arent alone! im talking to ...somebody, just dont do anything too rash'

[WC: 317]
[Total WC: 1524]

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"It's crazy that you just like walk around like this all the time, most of my time is spent stuck over in that kid's head watching in the back seat." Tamashii smiled softly as his eyes still wandered around the building more. He listened to the older boy's response as he asked for tea. "Oh, is that rude? He yells back into the house. "My bad house! I guess we can do cakes later." Tamashi continued to walk around the house some as there was no response.

That was until there was a response. "Yo! There is someone in here! See Hayashi, I was right to ask for tea." He laughed a little as Hayashi offered to help the voice.

Shusuke entered the room silently. He slowly made his way through the room as he heard the voice shout from somewhere else in the building. Raising his hand he would make the seal for Chakra Sense to try and find the source of the voice. Scanning the room he would find a broom, a tea kettle, and a hat all moving on their own accord, which was strange, but not unheard of. Dropping to his knees he extended his arms in the most traditional Yamanaka handseal as he began to surge his chakra through his system.

Ninja Art: Mind Destruction Jutsu. If they were in fact moving independently they would all three be target by Shusuke's jutsu. This technique, unlike Mind Possession and Mind Disturbance, did not pull his consciousness out of his body, but would rather cause distortion to his targets' minds. This would slow them down and make it harder for them to react. "Make yourself known, less you find yourself in a worse situation than your friend." Shusuke would make himself known as well as the ten floating blades began to make themselves known and swirl around the boy. "I am not opposed from taking this entire building down if need be."

The boy looked at Tamashii, who nearly snapped into attention when Shusuke arrived. "Oh, of course you wanna get mean. I thought we could have had a cup of tea or something. Hayashi here says it's best with milk!" Shusuke let out a sigh. He wasn't surprised that Tamashii was taking this mission lightly. Extending his arms out he would cause the blades to spin rapidly around his body, like the rings of a far off plant. Shusuke began to grin. He was ready for this to turn into a fight at any moment.

WC: 1511/1500

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
As the three boys converge into the bedroom where Hayashi and Tamashii are standing, Shusuke sees that the objects he saw in the prior room are now encircling a four poster bed. The armchair that spoke to Hayashi slides around to face Shusuke, the cushion dipping into a frown. "Who the hell are you? Get outta here! We're not going to let you hurt him! He cares for us, nobody is going to-" The chair is cut off by a rasping cough coming from over behind the curtains of the bed. The broom, hat, and tea kettle all float closer to the bed. The kettle gently alights onto the bed, nudging a figure that the boys can now see faintly through the curtain.

"Please... excuse... them. They care... deeply... for this... house. Don't.. hurt..." A voice calls out from the bed, followed by another wet cough. As the boys draw closer, a softly spoken command causes the objects to part and allow the three a closer look at who is lying in the bed. An older man, hair turned gray with age, lies there rasping for breath. The kettle lifts it's lid menacingly at their approach, but the old man lifts a shaking hand and gently caresses it until the lid closes and the kettle floats away to its place alongside the armchair. "Name... Souichirou... sick... help?"

Pankesu Hayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Its okay! We dont want to hurt anybody" Hayashi said reassuringly, "Right Shusuke?" shooting him a look. He crept towards the bed cautiously like a child walking around the house at night when they should be asleep. As the kettle floated around the room Hayashi couldn't help but stare however realising that was rude, he shook his head and looking back at the man on the bed. "I see Souichirou, yes we can help, what do you need?" He asked gently but with an underlying sense of urgency in his voice. "Any bright ideas Tamashii?"

[WC: 96]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Not unless they start it." The Yamanaka boy quickly responds to Hayashi. He would step up and pass the animated objects to see the dying old man. He let out a sigh. "Don't worry about Tamashii..." He snapped his fingers and the third boy in the room faded from view as Shusuke dropped the jutsu. [/b][/color]"...unfortunately there's only a few things we can do."[/b][/color] He stepped up to stand beside the elderly man.

"You should be proud. You have lived a long life, and those around you, the ones you must call family, seem to care greatly for you, but unfortunately time catches up to us all in the end." Shusuke would try and sit at the edge of the bed and would look away from the man. "With comfort, with quickness, or with the dignity of a Shinobi... Those... are the options I can provide as you seem to be beyond the scopes of Medical Ninjutsu... or... I have a fourth." He looked around the room for an object that didn't seem to move. He would pick it up and hold it before the man. "I can have you join your family forever."

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
As Shusuke lifts up the music box, tears begin to fill Souichirou's eyes fill with tears. Mustering what little strength he has left, the old man answer's Shusuke. "That was my wife's music box... Please reunite us again. I beg of you, allow me this." All of the objects in the room begin to crowd around Shu, staring at him intently as they await the boy's answer. They all tremble slightly with anticipation, hoping that the man would be able to join their ranks. The house itself begins to tremble underfoot, if the boys would pay close enough attention.

"Are you being true? You're able to help Souichirou? Please... do whatever it takes to save his life. We love him dearly, he has taken care of us for years. He stumbled across this house after his wife died, alone and ready to take his own life. What he didn't realize, however, was that we all had souls. We talked him down, and have since become his family. He took us in, all of us, without judgement and has protected us from the outside world. The locals believe the house, Chinna, to be haunted. But they are the sweetest of all; they love all of the children that come by and try to talk to them, but their slow manner of speech scares them all away. Any that are brave enough to approach are scared off when we reveal ourselves. We are afraid that without Souichirou, we will be in danger of being attacked. So if there is anything that you can do, we will be forever grateful to you and the village."

Pankesu Hayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Noo Tamashi, awwww I liked that guy" grumbled Hayashi as he shook his head. He watched as Shusuke walked over to the bed and sat down near the man, eager to see a possible solution to the mans problems be revealed. However, as Shusuke continued talking Hayashi would get an awful pit in his stomach...

"What are you doing!? You cant kill him! Who gave you the right!? And even then there has got to be a better way than this!" Shouted Hayashi as he practically threw himself in-between the two, "It might be selfish but I cannot in good conscience sit back and watch this happen! Put the music box down!" He would take a few deep breaths to try and collect himself after his sudden outburst before turning to the man. "I'm sorry sir but there isn't much we can offer you. But perhaps some companionship and food would help you, I know it always helps me when I'm feeling down. Although I've never experienced anything quite like you have throughout your long admirable life." Hayashi gently reached into a pocket and pulled out a battered bread bun which he had hastily stuffed in this morning whilst leaving for the mission. He tore it into smaller bite-sized pieces and tentatively pressed some into the palm of the mans hand. "Its not much but its all I have on me."

Hayashi began to shake as he turned to the collection of furniture and household items, "Thank you, for all that you've done for this man... I'm sorry for your condition and I promise that I will watch out for this building and its inhabitants when... Souichirou no longer can. But I don't know if I can offer anything else" He stumbled back and knelt by the bed, watching the man. He was emotionally drained and didn't really know what else to say or do, or even if there was anything to do at all. His eyes brimmed with tears.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shusuke would snap back at Hayashi. "Lord Asuka, the Fifth Hokage, gave me that right when she trained me to be a Genin serving under her, and Lord Takeshi, the Fourth Hokage, still maintains that given right as I serve as a Chuunin under him. I am a Shinobi of Konohagakure and it is my job to protect the people of these lands and to serve them how I can. If this man wishes to not die a mortal death and desires to become a member of his new found family, who are you to deny him that?"

Shusuke watched as Hayashi spoke to the possessed items around the room before kneeling down. He would attempt to reach down and grab the older boy by the collar of his shirt before pulling it close to his face. "You're telling me and all of these souls that you'd rather let this man sit here and die and be gone than to give him another chance at life to live amongst the ones whom he truly loves and that truly love him back. Are you serious so shallow in your thoughts of what a human life could be that you'd rather the spark of his soul fade than his body change?" He would let go of the collar if he had it in a quick shove before looking back at the man.

"The final choice is yours. Do you want me to try and save your life so that you can live amongst your family as one of them, or would you rather die when this body of yours finally gives out?"

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Souichirou stirs slightly in the bed, invoking another round of coughing. As he does so, the boys would notice the blood staining his lips if they were to look closely. He slowly pulls his hands out from under the blankets, reaching one out to either side. Placing one hand on Hayashi's shoulder, he reaches the other out towards Shusuke in an attempt to grab his hand. "I want to thank you both... If you hadn't come to investigate this house, I would have died alone. Rather, you are offering me a gift beyond anything that I could imagine. Do not fret, young one, for I am not dying. I am simply allowing my soul to transfer to a new vessel. This way I can live happily with my friends that I have protected for many years." He turns his gaze to Shusuke, and in his eyes is a determination still burning strong. This man, frail as he may be, still has a blaze of life inside of him and does not want to give up. Souichirou begs him with that gaze, to end his pain and begin his new existence; one without the frailty of his aging body and limited life span. Allowing him to forever cherish his memories of his wife by being placed inside an object that she once possessed.

Pankesu Hayashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This wasn't the first time Hayashi had dealt with someone screaming in his face and it wouldn't be the last, although this was the first time that the one doing the shouting wasn't some entitled customer. Tired and eyes glazed over deep in thought, Hayashi would be shaken around by Shusuke. "Are you serious so shallow in your thoughts of what a human life could be that you'd rather the spark of his soul fade than his body change?" "I never said that!" He grunted as Shusuke let go of his collar, "Human life is what you make of it! It is nobodies right to choose for another, not even yours."

Hayashi looked back to the man as he placed his hand on his shoulder and listened intently to what he had to say whilst nodding profusely. "As long as you're sure." He looked over at Shusuke and stated seriously, "Go on then Shu, do it"

[Total WC: 2106]

Last edited:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back