Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A light into The Branch. [Introduction to Medical Branch Class]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
MEjjYXn.png

Rising early in the morning, he made sure to keep himself close to the hospital, moving and positioning himself as needed to help with any breakthroughs with his mother, but nothing had come up yet. He had people working around the clock for her. Himself included, he was surely ready to know the idea that he would be able to figure everything out to keep her alive as long as possible. Maybe they would have to amputate the leg completely? Maybe, but then he'd have to prepare the puppet limb for her to move around. Nothing would change the fact that she was in pain and he wanted to help her as best he could.

Though, he took his mind off of it for the time being, ordered against himself to train in some classes to help the next generation of medical practitioners. And Mikasa would be overlooking it, or so he thought. He felt that she trusted him, but maybe this was because she kept him on a relatively short leash. Knowing the Minamoto boy wasnt daft enough to overstep his boundaries or to betray her trust for fear of the power she held within. So there he would stand in the midst of the building. The Class room was read with his name on the chalk board, with the Title, 'Intro to the Medical Branch', he would be enthusiastic to see who would breach the threshold and begin down the path of saving lives with their minds more so than their brawn.

He made sure to make posters and plaster it upon the announcement board in the academy that there was a class in the hospital directly. This would be a simple class, enough to get their brains in gear and enough to know the ideas of what would be asked of them by joining the ranks. As well as a brief understanding of each level in the Medical Group.

[Keeping it short until students enter]

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
This would be a most interesting lesson. Despite being of the ANBU branch, Soku had decided to take a hand and see if she was any good at medical techniques. Arriving at the foot of the Byoin, she exhaled deeply and looked at the doors that loomed out at her. Not so long ago, she had been here with a broken shoulder healed by Mikasa but here she was again and thankfully in better shape."Well here goes nothing."The clink of her steel toed boots sounded as she trod into the facility her garb consisting of a ANBU uniform and today she had decided to forego the blade seeing no need for it in a medical class.

Upon entering the classroom, her eyes riveted to the board where text was written in a professional manner."Intro to Medical Branch.. huh."Soku said murmuring to herself as she glanced around for their instructor. Her eyes landed on a man, his hair a solid yellow in color. Was this to be their instructor? She gave him a little smile before stating her purpose."I'm here for the medical class. Santaru Soku is the name."She said tilting her head in deference to the older man.

The Santaru felt out of place here having already graduated from the Academy and joining the opposite branch and hoped that wouldn't raise any eyebrows. From what she'd thought, it would bode well if she dabbled in skills from both branches, not just stick to one area. She kept that friendly smile of her on her face, her green eyes sparkled with a eagerness and her brown hair fell down in locks to her shoulder giving off a glistening appearance as she settled in for the lesson, a most interesting lesson at that.

[Topic entered]

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
ZscT0Zl.png

Maru had been a bit curious on medical class now that he had a puppet that has access to all these kinds of justu, and when he heard that there was a medical course being held Maru had to join it! Not to heal fellow teammates, helping the elderly, or even use it to save a life. He wanted to use this knowledge of medical ninjustu to cause pain and suffering to his soon to be victems. Naturally being a dark shinobi, his personality would be dark and twisted too. Of course, he believe that the only way for him to get stronger is to open your heart to darkness and he wanted to get stronger through this darkness. Unfortunately, this might not be that kind of lesson that he hoped for. Most likely we'll end up saving some stupid animal, or even acting out situations which wasn't too important. But it was a class, and he needed it in order to take the stupid exam since he was demoted. And he also needed to find his missing parts as well.

As Maru walked along the hallways, he tripped some random kid that passed him. "Oops.” He said sarcastically before continuing to walk until he walked into the threshold of the classroom. He recognized one student, it was Soku and the teacher who was hosting the class was an old blond haired man. Maru tilted his head downward so the shadows shaded his face, giving the man a menacing smile. “Howdy, my name is Maru. Maru of Darkness, I look forward to this wretched class.” Maru said before strolling off to find a seat, once he took a seat he looked at the name on the board then saw Suyashi. His nose scrunched up at the name, he didn't like the guy I'm fact he wanted to kill him. It took Maru a moment to put two and two together… Before the realization of what was happening here came to his head! "WAIT YOU'RE SUYASHI!” Maru shouted! Pointing at the man and laughed. "DAMN YOU ARE OLD NOW! WHAT ARE YA, LIKE 30!” He mocked before continuing to point and laugh. He forgot that people age, now he actually needs that cane sword of his.

All jokes aside, he was willing to get what he needed from him so he can get out of this stupid academy. But dispite his rudeness, he didn't attack the man after finding out who he was which was a slight improvement of how he would've acted because he would've attacked him on sight.

Tsukada Sato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sato was more than a bit hesitant the first time he saw the flier for the medical introduction class. On the one hand it sounded like just the sort of thing he should want to learn. Helping people was the entire reason he'd joined the academy and was trying to become a ninja. On the other hand... there was a reason he hadn't tried any of it himself yet. It was a very complicated process, the pinnacle of chakra control. He'd only recently started trying to do tree climbing and water walking and while he was making great improvements this seemed like it was in a whole other league.

When the time for the lesson to actually happen came around he went against his better judgement and showed up anyways. Just glancing into the classroom was already intimidating. The only people who'd come to learn thus far were well above being academy age and one of them already gave him a really, really bad feeling. He almost walked away but after a moment of deep breathing he marched in with his head down load, picking a seat as far as he could manage from the dark haired man with the creepy smile and hoping nothing would go wrong.

After settling down in a seat with all his note writing materials ready he realized that it probably came off as a little rude to just come in and say nothing. After loosing around a bit with some hesitation he raised a hand and meekly said, "My name is Tsukada Sato. I'm here for the medical lesson...
if that's okay."

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Surely this would be a reinvigoration of the mind and body of Sushi. He felt a bit down from the points of being pushed aside. To be a beacon of light to the new generation was something that Sushi strived to be. Smiling as the first gal would show up, he found himself bowing his head and giving her a small retort, "Santaru? Heh. Powers of the storm. I just came from the point where people believe most Santaru blood originated. If you'd like to know, do please tell me... if not. I know I can personally help you hone your storm and lightning capabilities. So if I can help you in anyway... Hit me up after the cla-...", the smell of puppetry would make its way into Sushi's nose as he'd frown before looking to Maru entering the room.

"...Why are you here? You're not a student or Genin get out of my class...", Sushi had a bit of rasp in his voice to add with the gruffness. He could only shake his head as he'd beckon Sato to come into the class, nodding again he'd ignore 'Maru of the Darkness' unless he had something bright to say. It messed up his mood and it would take Sushi back for a moment before looking to Soku and Sato, "Hello, I am Minamoto Suyashi, Medical Researcher. And this is your introduction to the medical field...", nodding he would look to Soku noticing she had a headband, but she was not a known chuunin so he would assume she wasnt here to cause commotion like Maru seemed to always be.

"So can anyone tell me something they believe the Medical Branch does? Or, anything that you may know concerning the branch?", he thought to start here before getting into the lesson plan, because maybe he would be able to skip some things they already knew instead of treating them like babies, but who knew...

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Before the girl could respond, she was rudely interrupted by a barrage of words from whomever had just entered. Scandalized, the girl turned to face the culprit and was not surprised to see Maru of people back in the Academy! He had gotten demoted from the looks of it and she didn't feel sorry, not one bit. "I hope you enjoyed your demotion, puppet."Soku said letting out a cold laugh before her eyes fell on the next newcomer. It was a male, much younger then both of them and seemed quite hesitant upon entering the classroom. He introduced himself as going by the name of Sato, someone she has not met before. Suyashi did not seem too pleased at the fact Maru was present and was doing his utmost best to ignore the fact starting the lesson with a question of the Medical Branch role.

There was a long period and pause before Soku spoke up grateful that the few interactions she had with the Medical Sennin had allowed her to see somewhat how the medic-nin operated on a day to day basis."Well, from what I have gathered so far, I think it would right to assume the Medical branch serves as the villages backbone in a sense making sure our shinobi and villagers are in perfect health able to perform their everyday tasks and are usually the most important member of a team."

Her time as a genin had proved fruitful exploring both branches eventually ending up in the ANBU unit. Suyashi, it seemed knew full well about her Santaru heritage and that was a first for Soku. Most people she knew when they heard the clan name had no reaction. Apparently, the Santaru were not as renowned here as they were in Kumogaukre. Realizing she had been standing this entire time, Soku drew up a chair and sat down her eyes completely riveted on the teacher. She wasn't going to rise to Marus bait, not today although that was easier said than done. The dark shinobi it seemed was void of all respect for anyone, he was beyond her help. She recalled telling him how she would pull him from his dark ways. That was seeming like a impossible task now. Clearing her head of Maru, she regained her bearing and snapped back to attention curious to see what Suyashi had in store for them. He seemed like a interesting man.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
'Heh you mad?' Maru enjoyed the reaction on the old mans face when he saw him in his class, the sucker would probably blow and he could kill the man in front of all these children. He gave a sly look to Suyashi who told him to leave before Soku butted in, clearly talking about his demotion to academy student to the entire class and truth be told that was the whole reason why he was here. “Yeah, it's like what this tramp said.” He insulted, gesturing his hand to Soku as if she was the tramp he spoke of before continuing. "I got demoted twice in one meeting, so as of now I'm a filthy academy student. Still got the letter my former Senin gave me, so choke on it!” With that Maru kicked back in his seat, allowing Suyashi to continue his lesson. After all he did wanted to pass, he'll have more time to bother them outside of class anyhow.

So now that all the bickering was over, or so it seemed, the old man basically was about to go on and talk about the basics of the the medical branch. Soku already jumped to answer the question of what does the medical branch do, Maru decided to jump in after. “Well the Konoha medical branch is designed to fulfill the healing needs of the city, at home, abroad, in times of peace and in times of war, the Healing branch keeps Konoha healthy. Pretty much the gist of it.” Maru said, shrugging because he didn't know what else the medical branch does but keep people healthy. He rested his chin on his hands resting his chin on his hands, when his friend from hell spoke to him. It told him, ‘Strangle a student!’ when that was the last thing on his mind at the time. Obvious he wouldn't strangle a student but his guardian demon usually spoke to him now and again, a demon he summoned up to keep him going down into the darkness so he could remain the same or even become more sinister.

When he thought of the darkness, he thought of that promise of Soku's to pull him out of the shadows. When she said those words, Maru already have taken precautions to strengthen his armor of evil and her not living with him allowed him to get closer to the absolute darkness. Not to mention he had a guardian demon inside of him who's only goal is to make Maru more demonic so that little dream of pulling him out of his darkness probably died by now. Now Maru could only think of darkness, about the darkness, and hope to become darkness. With any hope, he wouldn't want to protect Soku anymore and things would be back how they were before all this wanting to play hero. But Maru pushed Soku out of his mind, thinking about a pitch black abyss without a shred of light. Daydreaming pretty much about darkness.

Tsukada Sato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sato did his best to keep his head down as there was a small verbal conflict between everyone else present. Once he heard about who the rude person who'd come in was he'd tense up and break into a cold sweat. Maru -- that was the guy from the library! The same one who'd gone out of his way to try and scare himself and Asuka with talks about shadows and pulling a weird blade on them. That alone was almost enough for him to wish he hadn't come into the class at all. B-But he'd behave since he'd gotten into trouble, right? Okay, so he was already insulting and being rude but he wouldn't disrupt class or threaten anyone? Right...?

As the lesson begun Sato did his best to focus on what was at hand rather than what that strange man might do again. The first question out of the light haired instructor's mouth seemed to gauge but anyone knew about the medical branch. A fair starting point for the subject matter. Sato kept quiet at first, listening to what answers the other two had given and finding them... a bit disappointing. Was that it? They made it sound like it was just a really, really, really big hospital full of ninja. He'd crammed for this since he'd learned about the lesson and as nervous as he was in speaking in front of a group all consisting of more experience shinobi he still stood up to give his own answer.

"The medical branch focuses heavily on the medical field, developing jutsu and medicine to help with field work, mass injury or any medical issue. Medical ninja are uncommon due to the demand to have a high level of chakra control, a thorough study of medicine and biology on top of ninja training and the mettle to have people's lives put in your hands. They're an important part of mundane medical practice as their jutsu allow for faster treatment than traditional medicine and can help with injuries or conditions outside the range of normal treatment. Not to mention they're a core part of a shinobi unit during long or dangerous missions as it's their job to keep their team alive and healthy."

He half flopped back into his seat, the confidence he'd spoken with quickly evaporating as he hoped what he'd read the day before was remembered properly. He'd hate to open his big mouth and say way too much only to get it wrong, he should have just stayed quiet, stupid stupid stupid.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Blinking a bit he would look to Maru after what Soku said, 'Demotion?' shaking his head, there would be nothing that would make sense about it. Maru had proven himself to be Chuunin level previously but why had he be demoted? It saddened Suyashi for a moment but it would seem his ways of 'darkness' had caught up to him. And it was definitely saddening to Suyashi, he didnt want anyone from his generation to fail. Especially when he was trying to reach Maru, as some goal. Maru in Sushi's Mind was the opposite of everything he cared for. Sushi was the light. He was the darkness, and the look upon Suyashi's face as he found out... and then the retort from Maru... it just was enough to make Suyashi break the sides of the desk from the pressure of his palms.

"Before I continue... Maru, This is exactly why you're here to begin with. Soku-san is a girl. You dont get anything in this life with your attitude or outlook. Do you not see yor actions are a direct link to why no one trusts you... nor not many like you? You can only step on people for so long before you make yourself out to be the enemy. Sure... Be a villain. Live that life. But where does it get you? No friends. No Family. No one and nothing will want to be around for anything other than to use you for the power you may or may not possess.", Suyashi shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Its not okay, here I thought I was going to get a chance to one day call you my greatest rival in this village... but you dont even care about yourself enough to want more for yourself... Its a disgrace to yourself and this village.", nodding he would huff before ignoring Maru's incensitive answer about the Medical branch. Plus, Suyashi didnt care... Maru likely knew all of this because he was once trained with Mikasa-senpai.

"Good. Soku and Sato, you both have a good grasp on the concept of the Medical Branch. However its more than that... Like I said, I'm a field researcher who just discovered the traits of simple enhanced smelling can allow you to smell if someone is lying to you or not. If they are scared, happy, mad, without even looking at body language or their faces. You see, The Medical Branch supports the ANBU and Main Branch, but some of the most feared fighters in the vilage have all come from the Medical Branch. Aside from Takeshi, all of the Leaders this village has known have come from the Medical Branch. As a Genin, I was even sent to Kumogakure, to meet with their Medical Leader and the Raikage. So as you see, there are a great deal of things that can be gained from just joining the branch, but you will also be able to work alongside the ANBU Branch and Main for missions. We work to cure, renew, and restore shinobi who have been taken out of the field of battle... utilizing the high level of chakra to repair anything from limbs to microscpoic tendons.", nodding he would turn to Soku first then Sato, and finally Maru.

"Now, we're gonna see something... This is an introduction of course and with any introduction there is a demonstration of the Class in question... and I will demonstrate a jutsu... Because, Medical Shinobi dont just heal others, you are able to heal yourself...", nodding he would motion his arm to the edge of the desk he sat infront of, and with one clean motion they would see him lift his hand up and instantly push his index finger and bend it until it snapped with an audible CRACK. Sushi wouldnt even wince, it wasnt a genjutsu... his finger was truly broken but as he would lift his finger up he would smirk and call out, "Kokkaku yōsai!", and a green hue would form around his knuckle before it would snap his finger back into place with full mobility and bendability.

"I've broken my leg and was able to restore it well enough to walk again without much pain. Some master Medics can do far more than this.", nodding he would await their responses before moving on.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
For once, the Santaru kunoichi didn't shoot back at the puppeteer out of sake for the other two and to retain her focus on the lesson. Suyashi however had a few words for Maru about his earlier outburst. The man sort of intimidiated the girl a bit breaking the sides of the desk like with seemingly no effort. In a sense, he reminded her of the Hokage but he had a friendly approach to things from what she could make of him. He then proceeded to explain the role of medical researchers and something about how the leadership within this village had mostly come from the Medical Branch. Soku took this time while he droned on about the qualites of the branch to reflect a bit on her own experiences within the branch of her choosing, the ANBU. There were varying differences between the both whilst the ANBU specalized in dealing with high risk situations and threats as needed in a suitable manner while the medic-nin acted as healers and support tending to the shinobi of the village, even the ANBU which was why the three branches worked so well in harmony with each other.

Suyashi then proceeded to do something that shocked her back to reality. He was introducing the basic concepts of healing and as a example, she watched as he bent his index finger back and back...and...back until there was a resounding crack."Sensei!"Soku exclaimed not believing he had just broken his own finger half rising from her seat. It seemed however this was not a concern for the senior medical ninja as he simply uttered some words and a green aura surronded his finger snapping the bone back in place. Sighing in relief, Soku sank back into her seat eyeing the chuunin. She didn't know why she had been so concerned for his welfare, after all, he was from the medical branch. Repairing a broken finger would be like child's play to someone of his caliber.

She stared on incredulously as he admitted to being able to repair his leg himself. Soku knew the Medical branch ninja were healers but Suyashi shed them in a new light and the girl was beginning to learn what the medics really were all about. Unable to restrain a question that was pondering her, Soku's hand shot up in the air and she spoke her green pupils firmly fixed on Suyashi putting the other two out of focus."I have also heard of Combat Medics..I've heard it is a tough job to get. Don't they basically act like fighters but also medics as the name suggests?"Soku asked trying to suppress the eagerness in her voice.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The mans mouth was moving, but Maru was too busy in his little day dream of darkness to listen to most of what Suyashi said. The only part he heard was ‘Be a Villain, Live that life’ before he actually paid any attention to the man. Most of what he said went in one ear and out the other, concerns about him, him being an unfit rival, not having people that'll lean on him. Maru would have argue the fact that his attitude towards everyone wasn't the problem, that he didn't need friends, that he didn't care if people didn't like nor trust him because of his arrogance but however… THIS WAS A MEDICAL CLASS. “Uhhh, is this a medical class or is it a group therapy.” The wooden demon placed a finger over his mouth, a smug grin coming to his face. “As much as I want to ruin this dumb class for everyone, I believe we should get back on topic. Save your personal feelings until after this class, not that talking to me would do any good.” He giggled, ending it there so the class could continue.

So now that the concerns on him had stopped, the man finally went on to actually give some information on the medical branch, most of it believable while the part about the medical branch having the most feared fighters coming from the branch. He thought on how he wanted to join the branch at first but took towards the Anbu because they had the darkness that he was searching for. Now that he was fired from the Anbu pretty much, he didn't know what he'll be good at so he decided to just stay in the main branch for now and worry about getting stronger through darkness. Maru leaned back in his seat, putting a pinkie in his nose with a dopey ‘I wish I wasn't here expression’ while picking at his wooden nose for dust. He pretty much had a very, very, very, very short attention span which causes him to drift off. It wasn't until Suyashi broke his own finger when it got Maru's attention again, hearing the sickening crack made Maru giggle under his breath. But as quickly as the man broken his finger, he used medical justu to fix himself up.

Of course, Maru already knew the capabilities of medical justu on physical attacks but there was something that he had been wondering about because he dealt with things not of this world. “Quick question! Does that medical justu heal only physical and elemental damage? Because I saw a person who was suffering from mental damage from genjustu and this same person had their shadow destroyed. Needless to say, I had no idea what to do if someone is hurt in a spiritual sense. So what I'm trying to say is there a way to heal illusionary damage?” he asked, actually curious.

Tsukada Sato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
And of course that stupid jerk was being so disruptive that the teacher felt the need to take a bit of time just to chew them out before they'd even started! Ugh, having him around as a student was going to be such a pain. Why couldn't he just shut up and let other people learn in peace in quiet?! Maybe because he enjoyed it, that's what he got from the incident at the library. Sato laid his head down on the table, glaring at the wall as he waited for their teacher to get it out of their system. People like that just didn't learn. The fact that he was still allowed to come to things like this felt like a grave injustice. A person like that shouldn't be allowed to be a ninja...

Eventually the class proper was able to start again and immediately Sato sat up, beaming, when Minamoto-sensei acknowledged that he'd given a good description along with the much older student present. He was quick to pull out a scroll and start taking notes the moment he began to elaborate more. Obviously taking care of people was a given and healing yourself was obvious though oddly Sato hadn't thought about it before then. But then he talked about things like increasing his olfactory senses. Immediately Sato's eyes went wide as saucers as he realized what that mean. The medical branch couldn't just heal people, they could manipulate biology. His head was spinning just from the possibilities.

Of course all that fanciful thinking went down the drain the moment that the teacher... broke his finger in front of everyone. Immediately the poor boy stopped what he was doing, shuddering and suddenly feeling sick to his stomach. He realized quickly what the point of all that was but it still made him queasy. Oh dear... if he wanted to really join the medical field one day he'd have to get over things like that, wasn't he...?

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Looking to Maru he would nod, "I understand this is a Class, but as a Teacher. One must guide a student down a path worth walking. I just dont want you to go off and get yourself killed because of your mouth. Because, I've heard rumblings about you being beaten up a few times. By Myself included.", nodding once again Suyashi would leave it at that. Then after he'd Broken his finger the Honey dew blonde would smirk at the gasps and such before first turning to Soku to answer her question.

"Combat medics. Yes, they hone the ability to enter war-like scenarios with the ability to heal people on the fly while holding their own in combat. That in its rawest sense would be what you would describe myself as. Especially with the speed I can enter into fights, that almost rivals paramedics. I say this to tell you that its possible to be a medic. a Fighter. and a diplomat all in one. As ANBU mostly deal in the shadows, they dont get the same chances that the medics get in terms of national and global recognition.", nodding once more he'd turn now to Maru's sparking up of an intriguing question... because that in it of itself was a scary thought.

"Illusionary damage is a hard thing to overcome. So hard infact that it can kill you and there is nothing known that can heal it. Or even slow it. So there are a few beings that live out there that completely attack the Mind, and even the body through illusionaty means... and there will be no physical damage to be healed. There is research being done though, so maybe we'll figure out something someday? But as of today... I dont necessarily know if there is or isnt.", that was a good question especially considering that was Sushi's former weakness. And still he battles with it. So far he'd not faced anyone that could deal a massive amount of illusionary damage so as long as it stayed that way he would be fine...

Then looking at Sato he would look to the boy with a light smile, smelling the concern in him, "Nothing to worry about Sato. The medical field is amazing. And you wont have to deal with nearly as much as I go on about. Not many fights, but lots of field training. Things that get you set up for success and lead you down a path where you will be teaching shinobi like I'm teaching you.", nodding he would look back to the entire class stepping back a bit before bobbing his head.

"The Medical Group is split into two distinct groups. Though, it is further broken down into the preferred method you wish to follow. I am a apart of the Research Group. Though, I am also known as a Combat Medic. I've held my own with ANBU, Jounin, and I'm set to spar the Medical Sennin coming up. Might be a good show, if you should want to watch... It should be coming up in the next few weeks." nodding again he would find himself chuckling to himself before shaking his head, knowing he was likely going to get pummelled but who knew... He was working on a strategy, it might get one over on the Hokage. Especially dependant upon how much he used his Sharingan. "Any questions? Concerns? Anything I can clarify for you?"

Tsukada Sato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A surge of shame hit Sato when the sensei felt the need to give him that smile and assure him that there was a safer, more comfortable sect of the medical field that someone like him would enjoy working in. He knew he was the youngest and clearly the one who'd reacted the worst to his demonstration but he was trying to become a ninja, that's why he'd come to this class. If he wanted to just be a normal medic or a doctor he could have just studied for that. He silently pouted over this at first but when Minamoto-sensei started to wrap up a bit and ask for input Sato suddenly stood up, hands slamming on the counter as he raised his voice.

"I don't want to stay back and just become a teacher! I want to be someone like you, going out to the front lines and saving people's lives -- a-and fighting the enemy so people don't get hurt in the first place! It'd be a waste of training to just sit back waiting to be useful when you can be proactive!
I don't just want to live it simple and safe, I want to be a hero!"

The moment he got that off his chest he realized he was making a complete fool of himself, raising his voice like that. He quickly flopped back into his seat and rested his head on the table, covering his head as his face began to burn with embarrassment. Why, why did he have to open his mouth at the worst times?!

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Maru was actually contributing to the class for once and this was a different side of the puppet master she hadn't seen before. A side where he wasn't causing mischief and spreading antics all around the village. Her interest was peaked about Suyashi ' s reply to her question about the role of the Combat Medic. Her expression took one of slight surprise when the comment was made he could manage his own ground with ANBU and Jounin - level shinobi."Wow.."Soku muttered under her breath looking at the medic-nin wondering what sort of trial and tribulations he had seen along his adventures. Heck, if he was planning to take on the Medical Sennin, Mikasa herself which in its sense was no easy task told her one thing if anything at all, this man had seen a lot and was not afraid to back down, something she liked."You think you'll win?"Soku asked hinting at the spar he had coming up go see what sort of anwser he would give now genuinely curious.

There was a brief outburst as Sato suddenly stood up his palms hitting the counter as he spoke loudly. She hasn't paid attention to him much but now she diverted her attention to the boy as he rolled on about how heroism and the value of life. Soku let loose a small smile as the male sank back into his chair after his little speech and covered his head. That had probably took a lot of confidence for him to do but speaking out like that, voicing his desires and opinions on a topic would help him. She leant forward so that she was within earshot of the young boy and spoke gently to him in a reassuring tone."You ok?
I'm sure that couldn't have been easy to do."
The kunoichi said trying to make him feel at ease.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He wasn't in the slightest bit interested in what Suyashi had to say on the guiding him on the ‘right’ path. Since this was a class on the medical branch, he was only interested in what does the medical branch do. Besides, he came in contact with a man in particular who can cause a lot of mental damage through genjustu, he was strong enough to resist a beginner or even an average genjustu user but that kind of damage was something that even his artificial body can't withstand. So he had to ask if there was a way to heal that sort of damage and as smart as the medical branch could be.. they hadn't figured out a way to heal illusionary damage. That part was still a mystery.

A small smile stretched on his face as he thought to himself. ‘Well illusionary damage can't be healed, that's too bad.’ He slightly chuckled deeply as he thought to himself, coming up with a master plan that only he would know but of course his dark thoughts were interrupted by the boy whom spoke of playing hero. Wanting to protect people against the enemy, out on the frontlines saving people's lives. This boy like most children shined to bright and oozed positivity that it grew irritating just sitting here listening to it. “Again. MEDICAL CLASS! What the hell does being a hero on the front lines has to do with THE TREATMENT OF INJURIES!?” Maru shouted waving both fist in the air spastically as if throwing a tantrum. “Why the hell do we keep going off topic damnit!!!!!"

With that, it was time for the last questions. Since no one had anything he decided to brush off his irritation to ask a very important question. “Soooooo…. Can we go now or what?” He pointed at the door with his thumb, it seemed class was pretty much over so might as well hit the road.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Looking to Sato, Suyashi saw alot of himself in the young boy... he couldnt be anything older than ten. Maybe Eleven. Though is mattered more the reasons behind his words. Suyashi would lift his nose slightly as he began to speak, Sato was serious. He meant and felt his words. At least for now. He didnt want to be some side character when he was supposed to be the main character in his own story. Same with Suyashi, but it had seemed that Suyashi would resign himself in the position to make sure others would and could progress with their lives and their stories, giving up on the simple aspects that he would enjoy greatly. Suyashi was... a side character for now. Which he would change... thinking, 'When was the last time I learned a new jutsu...' it had been years since he'd added anything into his arsenal. The last time he even upgraded himself was before he fought Maru in the land of Tea.

"Sato-kun, You must first crawl before you walk. However, under my tutelage you will be the Hero that the village needs... someone that will be able to protect anyone and everyone... But it takes time. Alright? I promise... The light in your soul and spirit will shine, and you will be revered as Sato, The one that took down the big baddie. Heh." turning to Soku he would nod, "If you'd like... I can bring you into the Medical Branch as a Hybrid Unit. Taking inspiration from multiple fields.", nodding he felt like the girl would be good for that. She had a sense of compassion but she was stronger than she let off. He would help her refine herself if she would take him as a teacher.

"You are dismissed. The Introduction was only to let you know what the branch offered... if you wish for a more indepth class, I will be holding one in a week. We'll work on a cadaver.", nodding he would await Maru's thought on that, but Sato was his priority... Maybe Sato would take him as his teacher, and Soku as well. If they let him, he would bring them up to a point where they could be considered for Hokage Guard, Sushi knew a guy.

Tsukada Sato

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sato dared to poke his flushed face out from the cover of his arms, checking back over his shoulder at the concerned Anbu in training as he simply nodded to her. He wasn't really alright and Maru's biting critique a moment later made it all the worse. Not that someone like him could possibly understand what he wanted. Hell, the puppet master himself was only here because he had to or because he wanted to make Suyashi-sensei's job harder given their implied history. Still it didn't make the words hurt less.

Then Suyashi-sensei himself spoke. Sato looked up when he did, glancing at the teacher over his arms as the medical ninja told him he'd help him. It was hard to tell how genuine his words of encouragement were given some of his silly use of words. He didn't seem like the kind of man he'd tease him over something like this though. He genuinely wanted to believe what he meant when he said he'd help him. Even to just have one person take his words now seriously.

After that Sensei told him that this was all still an introduction to the Medical field and that the next lesson next week would deal with... a body. Immediately the embarrassed flush on his face was replaced with a complete lack of color as he privately wondered if that was a bit of an extreme jump to be taking but kept it to himself as he nodded and started to gather his things to leave.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She gave a pondering look to the older chuunin at the prospect of indulging in inter-branch experiences."Allow me some time to think, Suyashi-sensei. The prospect is most enticing but for now,
the ANBU is where my home is at."
She said a grateful smile on her face as she bowed her head out of respect for the instructor. The class had certainly been a useful one opening her eyes to the gears and works of the medical branch and she knew know they were more than just simple doctors and healers. Their roles were many ranging from combat medics to researchers and showed just how blind the girl was before the Minamoto man flooded their brains with the information

For now, however it seemed the class was complete as Suyashi dismissed them. There was a screech of wood as the girl pushed back her chair gathering her materials and readjusting her headband and stretching a bit to relax her tense muscles. He had talked a lot and Soku was not one to sit still and it had cramped up her muscles sitting in one place for quite a while. She glanced at Maru knowing full week what his reaction would be to her comment she was about to make."Catch ya later, tree trunk.
Try not to annoy people too much at the Academy, yeah? I'll hopefully not see you later."
Soku said a dull expression on her face which was quick replaced as she trekked towards the door lingering for a bit to see if Suyashi had anything else to say.

TWC: 1707

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Of course, when the boy was done with his very dramatic heroic speech Suyashi had to explain to him that he still had a lot to learn. If he went on the front lines, he would die on the spot and be written off as a nessasary sacrifice but he'll get an A for effort. After all you don't nessaraly have to be a good guy in order to be strong, there had been proof that you can have evil within you and be a force to be reckoned with…

Whatever the case Maru seemingly listened to what Suyashi had to say since there was going to be a fallow up class. This was pretty much a introduction of what the class does, and the puppet master was fine with that because that meant he'll have points going towards his goal of getting a promotion to Genin. However when the man said that next lesson they will be working on a cadaver, Maru's heart lept and he almost squealed in excitement. Of course Maru wasn't going to actually make a big scene but due to the excitement in his eyes, he really couldn't help himself. “We are going to be dissecting a body?! Really?! I totally wanna be there!" He said, slipping out of character for a moment. Guess you can say that dissecting bodies is pretty much a hobby, removing organs, cleaning the body out, draining the blood. But the best part was when he was done, he made the rotting body into a beautiful wooden doll. Not a normal way to get Maru engaged in the class but it was a start.

He was in a good mood right up until Soku told him what to do, then gave a little side remark and he shot one right back although it wasn't as mean as you would've thought. "Tell ya what storm chaser, when you stop being a retard and endangering yourself for BS I won't annoy anyone at the academy. Or better yet get strong enough where I don't feel like I need to protect your dumbass.” Maru shot right back, giving her a mean look to stress the idea of her to stay safe. Truth be told if he didn't saw the poor girl sleeping in the forest of death, homeless, he probably would be still trying to turn her into a dark shinobi. Now he was stuck worrying about her safety, and for him that wasn't right at all. His darkness although it seemed pretty strong, it wasn't exactly perfect and he did show a slight sign of redemption.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back