Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Ponderous Tome.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke climbed up the ladder to the very top. There was something that was bothering him as of late. What books were there on the fifty-fifth shelf? The Steward made his steps steady and did not look down. He did not need to scare himself as he climbed up high. He sneezed twice when he bypassed shelf number thirty-six and forty-seven. Those shelves needed a cleaning, and badly.

By the time he got up to the shelf number fifty he had activated the mark one armour. He did not desire the concept of sneezing and then falling over or off of the ladder. Upon reaching the top shelf he looked about. He was most disappointed. There was a single book. It was quite large. A tome that was locked up. The Steward beneath his steel visage frowned. Oh yes. He would need to pick the lock. It was a useful skill to have, but one he did not like admitting to have. The Steward took the tome and tried to make his way down. The problem thought was that he looked down. The Steward closed his eyes quickly. Oh yes. He was quite stuck. He was up high on the ladder, and by himself. It was abhorrent. If Number Seven was around, then the old canine could shift forms and help him down due to being a massively sized man. Kuro could do the same, but Kuro was not here of course. Raijin was off duty.

So yes. The Steward was stuck, up high, and on the ladder. No tall people to help him down.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: Why do you allow yourself to get into bad situations, you know that Shiori will only make it worse.

IC:
"Climbing... climbing the shelf... climbing the shelf to wherever it may go..." Shiori sang out loud. She had no idea why she was climbing or what she was doing, she had followed her cousin into the library. He had the ladder and she did not but she had no need for a ladder, there were all these great hand holds she could use. Sure, some of the broke away in fine little scrappy bit when she grasped them, and others like big rectangular boulders tumbled away as she found her hand space. Why was cousin climbing so high?

"COUSIN!" Shiori yelled victoriously from the top of the bookshelf in the next aisle. She unsteadily stood on the top of the shelf, some fifty-something book-levels up. She felt like a tightrope walker, she saw one once. They were a traveling group, some people walked on taught ropes and others swung from swings that were high in the sky. Often they claimed to have no safety device, but her ears told her that many of those statements were lies. Hidden safety ropes belted behind them or a cushy landing space obscured by the seemingly solid floor. She was a real tightrope walker now, she waved her hands excitedly at Sousuke as if her loud announcement or the fact that someone had climbed so high as well would have went unnoticed. "What are we doing up here?" She asked as she toddled toe to heel along the top of the shelf for several steps before losing her balance. Thankfully lady parts don't pain as much on impact as she straddled the top shelf. "This is really high up and my climbing wall is all wiggly," Shiori complained as she swayed side to side, causing her massively tall bookshelf to do the same.

It tipped side-to-side with her efforts, the structure groaned with these rhythmic movements. Books spilled from both sides, like a waterfall of rocks, each dense book made a dull thud onto the floor, as some landed upon the previous tome the thump became softer, as it the landing was ever so slightly cushioned. "This is a really neat place," she commented as idly continued to rock her shelf back and forth, each swing gained more momentum and the liberation of a few more texts. Then of course on the tenth swing Shiori's rocking motion passed the point of no return. She continued on her projected course in the direction of her cousin, shelf and all. The shelves would impact, books would scatter and that shelf too would fall. Shiori laughed out loud at the revelation, "COMING!"

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward's situation did not improve. His cousin was nearby singing away and moving wildly along. The Steward closed his eyes and began calculations. Within a few seconds Shiori would lose balance and fall. Which happened. Next she would say that this area was high up, and that it wasn't stable.

"This is really high up and my climbing wall is all wiggly."<i></i>

Indeed. Quite. Yes. Within a few seconds she is going to begin swinging... and yes that did happen. The Steward didn't have enough time to figure out what would happen next. Usually his mind was able to work quickly and run through events before they happened. By no means was the Steward psychic, merely he was able to work things out because he knew people quite well and their actions. By this time Shiori was swinging towards Sousuke with a book shelf of falling books. Sousuke began to activate his mark one armour. The gears shifted in and his metallic plates encased his hands. The Steward spun around and held out his hands trying to catch the bookshelf. He did end up catching the bookshelf but then of course the bookshelf he was on was falling over. Sousuke grunted as he was trying to shift himself accordingly. He was slightly pinned but he could shadow dance out to safety.

The Steward's form shifted out and phased out. What the Steward forgot was Shiori. The Steward looked up to see Shiori still riding the bookshelf down. She of course would collide into something. Thus the Steward began to phase shift again this time attempt to collect Shiori in some manner. How of course he would catch her would be ... entirely dependent on her movements. His cousin couldn't see her own movements, nor his but she could hear him. "Hang on Shiori. I'll get you."<i></i> The absolute worst...? Well. She could land on top of him, or should land ... ... well the Steward hoped he could make the best of the situation.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The teetering bookshelf came down in a cascade of books, vestiges and artifacts. The whistle of air passing, the glorious precipitous descent, it was never the plunge, but rather the landing that was unpleasant. She slipped off the side of shelf, did she fall, perhaps she was attempting to better experience the transitory free-fall or was she endeavoring to fall onto her cousin whom she had surreptitious interests in so that they could both tumble unsegregated. She parted from her mount and whatever safety the plummeting ledge might have afforded her. She landed between the shelves, in the narrow aisle that separated them.

"Hang on Shiori. I'll get you."

The bookshelf crumbled on top of her, stubborn tomes fell away and buried her. But the ground was unexpectedly soft, almost springy. The landing position was awkward, her knee to his groin and her chest to his face. With a deafening and final crash, the heavy shelf blanketed them. A crack down the center where the shelf struck Shiori in the head exposed the ancient pulpy innards of the now wrecked shelf.

"Cousin? ...you OK?" She called out, not realizing that he had shifted beneath her to break her fall. At best, his voice might be muffled due to ...tissue obstruction. At worst, he could be unconscious and Shiori none the wiser. "I landed on some tin cans... they are surprisingly bouncy!" She shifted her knee to get a better footing, she, unknowingly they were pinned beneath an ocean of books.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward learned from one of his lectures indirectly that one of the male gender should have their privates protected. Thus the mark one, and mark two, and future marks would be armed with the proper protection. The Steward was most fortunate that he shifted into his mark one armour. Thus he was protected quite well. Very fortunate. What was unfortunate though was the fact that the Steward's vision went black. This was not at all awkward. This was not at all how the Steward calculated things to be. Here he was buried , his face underneath his cousin's bosom. On top of that he buried under books, and quite possibly shelves. Sousuke thought to expel both the books and the shelves with a chakra burst, but he would undoubtedly hurt his dear cousin the process.

"I landed on some tin cans... they are surprisingly bouncy!"<i></i>

"No Shiori. You landed on me. It's not tin either, it is Takahashi fire forged steel. It is bouncy because the mark one provides for shock protection. If I don't provide from breathing space room or for shock protection it is quite likely that I may have broken something or have the metal blade wrap around and crush my limb."<i></i> His voice came out clear mainly due to the fact that he had his faceplate on. He paused for a moment. "To answer your first question, I am functioning. Not functional at exceptiona levels, but not at life threatening levels. I would say though that I am functioning at questionable levels. I've never had this happen before. This is somewhat disturbing as I am unsure of how to act. We are buried beneath ancient tomes, but I do believe I had set aside the one I was most curious about before you ... fell. Speaking of which ... how did you get up there and how did you derive amusement from walking across the shelves?"<i></i>

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"No Shiori. You landed on me. It's not tin either, it is Takahashi fire forged steel. It is bouncy because the mark one provides for shock protection. If I don't provide from breathing space room or for shock protection it is quite likely that I may have broken something or have the metal blade wrap around and crush my limb."

Omigawdthetincansaretalking! Panic. Dismay. Does this mean that vegetables are alive, sentient beings or at least their containers are? Oh Mother Suna, I am a monster. Wait... that is Sousuke's voice. What is he doing down there? He was not at a place where she could make eye contact with him, not that line of sight made much of a difference to her anyways, but she could barely hear a thing. The infernal ring, more like an unending whine filled her brain. That -BOOM- was too loud.

"To answer your first question, I am functioning. Not functional at exceptiona levels, but not at life threatening levels. I would say though that I am functioning at questionable levels. I've never had this happen before. This is somewhat disturbing as I am unsure of how to act. We are buried beneath ancient tomes, but I do believe I had set aside the one I was most curious about before you ... fell. Speaking of which ... how did you get up there and how did you derive amusement from walking across the shelves?"

"I like being high and I like falling down. I especially like falling down if the landing does not hurt," She answered most logically. "You made falling today extra fun, cousin," she acknowledged with a nod of her head in the darkness. Yeah, there was a gash on the back of her head, the sluggish ooze of dark red blood running in a river down her back that she did not even notice. She was near him and that was all that mattered. She inched over him, little puddles of blood dropped in her wake as she scooted over him, at one point her knee over his thankfully protected face. "What book did you find?" She asked as she continued to inch to an air pocket next to him. Her bright tangerine tutu was in tatters, her fuzzy sky blue angora sweater, on the other hand, might be salvageable if she got the blood out. Her sight... or better, her sound, was returning. He was in a haze, a bit worn for the wear most likely, she wondered how dented up his suit was. She hoped that she did not break the MARK I shell, although surely that is what two, three and whatever others he might have are for.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke was at a lost for a while at what Shiori said. For a time in fact he tried pretending she did not say it, and in fact said something more intelligible. Sousuke liked his cousin. He enjoyed her company. What he did not enjoy was some of her opinions or some of her actions. If given the choice of course between Shiori and no Shiori, he would take the former. Even when he got kneed in the face, he would still sooner have his cousin then not have her.

Being kneed to the face was still somewhat painful as the Steward's head snapped back and hit a book. Sousuke blacked out for the moment...
Takahashi Sousuke's head said:
A miniature host of mehcnaical mark one Sousukes all looked up to see the bright red words. Each of them wore a number at the center of their shirts. critical error<i></i> appear. "Number 7. Calling Number 7 are you awake?" Inquired Number 9.

Number 6 shrugged. "I saw Number 7 having at a rubric cube. He seemed to have gotten angry at it and threw it out the window." Number 2 and Number 9 Stared at him. "Do you want me to get him?"

Number 9 let out a sigh. He seemed to be very disappointed. "Yes. Go acquire him. Why because he has the activation code. Alright gentle numbers go find Number 7. The first person who finds him gets to solve the next big equation! If they don't enjoy that then they can proceed to beat number seven with the rubric cube. I'm sure that'll be good fun."

Sousuke continued to lay there motionless in his mark I covered under books and still irresponsive. He was still breathing, but just not moving. It seemed that being kneed in the face had done him enough damage. For the time being.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
With a snap of his head, Sousuke was apparently unconscious. his vitals were unchanged, or at least the ones that were readily apparent to the woman -- his heart rate and inspirations. His lungs, as clear as they were moments before, his pounding heart the same as it was reverberating behind a suit of metal. He did not answer her question. Was he mad at her? How mean of him. Shiori frowned, she did not like getting the silent treatment. Sound was all she had so it was especially cruel. "Cousin, why are you ignoring me?" She complained. She would glower at him for a second before inching towards him.

"Stop playing possum..." she announced. She had no idea what a possum was, but it was a common saying. She inched back towards him. She'd knock on his suit with her tiny fist thrice. It makes a fun clingy sound that she always enjoyed. Also, it benefited the more concupiscent-side, a view she would never admit. "Cousin-cousin-cousin!" She whined at him, rather loudly. If he continued to ignore her, she would be forced to make him respond. She had no idea how he got into the armor, or how it was fastened together but she would get off his helm one way or another. She would twist, turn, yank and try to peel it away. She of course would overlook any basic clips, clamp or securing vestment that would have made the removal any easier. If she was successful, it would be because she tore it off somehow. It would become her jealously-guarded possession if it was successfully removed.

OC: Did you want a nightmare sequence? I'm more than willing to write you a nightmare while Shiori does Mother Suna knows what to you (I recommend waking up quickly =p).

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Takahashi Sousuke's mind said:
Number 1 approached Number 9. "Son. I go on a break to obtain coffee and treats, and I see you've run my operation in the ground." Number 9 shrugged as he looked to his left as Number 7 was being beaten up by Number 8 and 6. Number 5 was eating a hot dog and Number 2 was sitting on a chair and spinning about. Number 1 held up his hand and curled a fist. He brought his fist down upon Number 9 a bop motion. Within one strike Number dethroned number 9. Number 1 turned to the gentle numbers. "Knock it off guys. Seriously you have a critical error and you haven't fixed it yet?" The numbers did not respond. Number 1 tapped his foot. This was not a good sign. By the time he had tapped his foot three times, all the numbers were lined up. Each of them standing at attention. "Gentle numbers we are at a precipice. We are going fix this before it gets any worse. We are going to take the fight to the blue screen of doom. We're going to go live here. We will meet this foe with mathematics and science. We will go where no gentle number has gone before. Am I clear?" The gentle numbers all nodded their heads. "Get to work then! Get us back up!" With that all the gentle numbers went to work trying to get Sousuke out of his unconscious state.

Sousuke still laid there unconscious. Shiori was trying to work the face plate off, but thankfully for Sousuke it did not budge. Peeling it did not work. Yanking it caused Sousuke to move. There were several clips around the ear section, but Shiori had yet to discover those. Even if she did, she would have to figure out the overide turning mechanism which too was a complicated device for one such as she.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: Dreams are always fun -- since you are obviously playing the conscious ego state, mind (har har) if I play the parts of the mind external from awareness (id/superego). I know you agreed on messenger to a dream sequence to play out, hopefully I can give you a decent nightmare.

IC:
The ID said:
Sometimes the mind tries to lay in an unconscious ruin for a reason. So many thoughts, choices and decisions made. His mind was a hive of activity at the nexus but the periphery was a wasteland. Dark and dismal, the sky ablaze but there was no sun. The earth was black, crusted, cracked and scarred and it was without shape, form or deviation to the horizon where the darkness touched the flames. This place surrounded the recognized consciousness of the steward, the wasteland remained hidden even from the man himself. Terrible things lived here, regrets, secrets, and his worst ambitions were a pittance in comparison to the demons that resided in the dark spaces. In the center of this bleak expanse was the conscious mind of the steward, a shining beacon of reason, hope and intellect. Everything else was cast away, allowed to fester and grow without his knowing. In the steward's slumbering state the darkness, like a blight it began to spread. It crept and ran and dashed from all sides -- the ID was trying to break in.

*CRASH* *CRASH*​

From all sides, invisible or seemingly tangible walls shuddered and shook. It was trying to smash through all barriers.

In the real world -- Shiori was straddling Sousuke, attempting to tear off his mask. She was unaware of the clips or fasteners that held it in place, if successful it would be by the benefit of pure force. "Let... me... in..." Shiori grunted with frustration as she continued to tug and pull.
WC: 254
[MFT]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Takahashi Sousuke's mind said:
The gentle numbers proceeded to panic. Even Number 1 was disturbed by the sounds of the greatest terror he had yet to see. "Get me the president." He spoke, a second later Number 1 was handed a phone by Number 3. The phone proceeded to ring and ring and ring. Number 1 watched with a worried look as the pounding continued. Number 1's gaze shifted over to a panic button that was sealed by glass. It had a warning on it stating only to use when in the most dire of situations. This was pretty dire, but it wasn't time just yet to shatter the two panes of glass to hit the ultimate panic button.

"The end. It is nigh!" Number 2 flailed. Number 3 proceeded to slap Number 2, who then proceeded to calm down. "Well the end, it is nigh, but not nigh enough." He spoke as he got himself together. "Number 1, did you get the president?" He quickly inquired.

"No. The president is not picking up. " He spoke slightly disappointed as he hung up the phone. "Well. We can work our way out of this, or let that thing come crashing on in and kill us all. It's your choice. I of course, like any sane gentle number would very much like to stay alive and functioning." All of the gentle numbers spoke amongst themselves and agreed that mutual existence was better than mutual destruction.

"Number 1, is this as bad as the Tia situation?" Inquired number 6.

"No. This is worse. We better batten down the hatches."

Now Shiori was doing her very best. Her best of course was not some sort of super strength posed by those of the Toraono clan, or those of great physical strength. A snap could be heard from the face plate as she proceeded to tear off a clip of the faceplate. That clip would not be enough, but she could of course try and pry things open.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
ID said:
Indignant. The muffled cries of -something- from beyond the barrier could be heard but unlikely cognized. It scratched... it clawed... it banged. Something was breaking through as the wall tore away. Dark and without form it ran in gushing streams into the once safe space. The wall continued to fracture under the unseen force, the harsh creek and bow of structure reached a crescendo as the separation shattered away. The rushing darkness a puddle on the floor that took the shape of a shrouded figure:

“…Steward?” A voice unlike the childish voice the one of such a size should have, it was deeper and it held no love. “Bereave for he is adrift… Bemused and bewildered, the deceitful misplaced King awaits. Abscond…”

It was a grave warning but did it have greater meaning or was it the ramblings of a man of questionable sanity. The warm, sticky dark figure was all that came through the broken wall was all that did. Beyond this safe room, terrible others laid in wait but dared not enter. Was it because they were forbidden or unable or was it a choice to remain separate from what had entered Sousuke's ego.

"Give audience or endure!" The strange darkness bellowed with such volume and force from such a small body. The darkness still in a partial puddle about the form of a humanoid in shroud. "What you are cognizant of is false. What is a fallacy is valid in your fixed state. You are broken and HE returns. Abscond. That who comes is the apocryphal ruler but you will not know and you will bow and you will fail. Abscond and know."

It continued to cry out these words again an again, begging the Steward to flee an unknown or unseen threat of false claim.

Shiori was getting worried. She could not see or rather hear. He was not moving but his heart was beating. She stopped trying to break in and did not know what to do. She needed to touch him, to know he was OK. The barrier was enough to impede her sight. She thought for a moment as she searched the immediate area -- the cavern of tomes. A piece of splintered wood from the bookshelf to pry the mask away perhaps. The durability of the shelves was outstanding sadly, but there were plenty of blunt objects including the book Sousuke took with them on their fall. She would greedily grasp the ancient text and use it as a bludgeoning device against his face plate.

*Bang*

*Bang*

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
There comes a time for those with a gifted mind to finally crack. Those times and far and few in between, but those moments are if anything a liability. In the case of the Steward it was an even greater liability, and something for the ages. Sousuke suddenly snapped up only to be bludgeoned in the fact not once but twice by the very tome he sought. The Steward let out a sound. It seemed like a cry, or perhaps it was a shout. Perhaps it was both. The sound was one half mechanical shriek, and the other half was a human shout. To Shiori the sound would perhaps be extraordinarily painful. "Errrraaaaahhhhh."<i></i>

Panic. Fear. Disturbed. The Steward was a washed of these three feelings. If he had not just suffered a nightmare, then perhaps this would have been an achievement. Sousuke was breathing heavily, and was shaking as if he was suffering from a chill. "Haaaa. Haaa. Haaa."<i></i> Sousuke was trying to recuperate. Sousuke grabbed the closet book to him, he held it close to his chest and began rocking himself back and forth. Knowledge was his power, and now it was his comfort. It was by no error he had taken hold of a tome written by Sage Khan his oldest and favourite writer. Sousuke thought hard to try and piece together the nightmare he had experienced as he had only parts of a puzzle. The words of his mentor, Mikaboshi, began to filter in. He was then promptly remembered that trying to interpet dreams was a madman's path, but this, this was something even he could not easily back away from in an attempt to understand.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
His dream was a dire warning although this was not something that Shiori was aware of. Concomitantly Shiori let out a cry as continued to bludgeon him with the likely neolithic tome. This sound actually hurt her auditory centers, he was no longer silent. Misty-eyed and relieved that he was not morbund she only suffered not from a monotone high-pitched ring. It was reflexive in response to the man-machine hybrid as she dropped the antediluvian text and cupped her ears in an feeble attempt to block out the sound. A rivulet of blood escaped from her left ear and dripped onto her shoulder. She dropped the book as she crawled towards the Sousuke ball. He was shaking and clutching another book. She made her way next to him in the cramped space and with a bloodied arm she attempted to hug him. "I thought you were dead..." She whispered in a hoarse voice as if she had been yelling for hours although she was not. "I will never let you die." She added in a grave tone. It was a childish want for a woman who did not truly understand the pains of the world being sheltered for years. Her adoptive parents were harsh, but the realities of their actual subterranean environment and the consequences of a shinobi lifestyle were shielded from her.

She would make him last forever and she would find a way. She let out a huff as she tightened her bloodied grip on her beloved cousin if she had hold of the shivering mess that was he. She did not care or know much of the world outside of him and she did not need to. "Where do you hurt?" She asked. His suit was in the way. His shell of metal did not keep him safe. His technologies were just a decoration in the end. It was not fair. He was the smart one. He would keep everyone else safe because he was so strong. He should not be capable of getting hurt. She could fix diseased or broken flesh, but not forever. There was always a point where the body was too far gone. What if he died? What if he just slept forever like Akane? "YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO DIE!" Shiori yelled at the distressed Steward, her thoughts had fallen out as words.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke continued to rock back and forth even when Shiori hugged him. He said nothing for a time, he didn't even turn his head to so much as acknowledge what Shiori was asking of him, or stating to him. For a time it very much seemed that Sousuke wasn't going to say anything at all. That is until something interfered...

On rare occasion did the Ebon Blade of the Flame Court make itself known. These were usually during moments of great personal strife. Whether or it was an aspect of Mikaboshi, or an aspect of the original wieldier was an unknown. The aspect of the blade never made itself publically known except to a few. The last time the blade made itself known was to Okibi who battled Sousuke to prove herself. The end result there? The Aspect put fear into Okibi, merely because she did not know of him. Whether or not Okibi learned a lesson did not matter, she stopped her foolishness and thus did no further injury to Sousuke who had his arm shattered.

Sousuke. You are being spoken to by a loved one. The words came. The words were spoken with authority. The last few words echoed for a moment. A black puff of smoke appeared as the Aspect of the Ebon Blade took ether form. The form it took was the same one it took to combat Okibi save for the fact he was not mounted upon a skeletal horse steed. It wore black robes, its face was hidden, and there was the rattling of chains. SOUSUKE. The voice roared.

Sousuke was now faced to look up and into the faceless hood of the Avatar. In Sousuke's mind he referred to this thing as the Shade of Mikaboshi. It was a keep-safe of sorts. Whether or not that was the actual Mikaboshi's intention when he gave the Steward the sword was an unknown. "Give me time."<i></i> He finally spoke. "It's not a physical injury. Well you did hit me in the head, but I don't think it is that bad. I was unconscious for a time and I think I was dreaming? Do dreams usually end with loud and terrible noises?"<i></i> The Avatar turned his head to face Shiori. The Avatar did not dream, and thus the Avatar expected Shiori to answer the question.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shiori could not see the smoke and mirrors illusion brought forth by his legendary blade. But the nothingness around them spoke. Speech without form for a woman who knew sound because sound was her sight was more terrifying than an unexpected visitor. People and even things have form... everything is made of matter, a scientific fact except in the realm of the unexplained or as the superstitious call it: the supernatural. "Who is there!" Shiori demanded into the nothingness as she attempted to cling to her cousin. The emptiness spoke again as it fetters clinked and clanged in her ears. "What ARE you!" She challenged with her limited courage. She did not like the voice of the disembodied man, she blindly tossed a book in the direction of the sound as there was nothing to aim for.

Her cousin spoke to the voice. She was not sure if he was blaming the nothing-voice for his injuries or if he now spoke to her but his statement ended in a query. "You were screaming, not the dream..." Shiori tried to explain. He made such a terrible sound when he was aroused -- not like a man or like any beast she knew of. Shiori had never dreamed, when she slept it was always the same -- an empty blackness that awaited her. She would travel something but there was nothing to be found. No voice, not even her own to keep her company. She actually feared sleep for that reason, the eternity in the dark, alone and forgotten terrified her. Perhaps that is why it was a dream -- it was a night terror of her own. "What did you dream about?" She asked in an uneasy voice after a moment pause, unsure if the voice had departed from them.
WC: 299
[MFT]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Shade of Mikaboshi expected such questions to come out. He was loathe to answer them mainly because of two reasons, the first being that some people had great difficulty in understanding what he was. The second being that who he was a question an even more complicated question to answer. The aspect knew that his proper self would merely scoff and avoid the answers, but he was not his proper self. No he was something different. Whether he was lesser or something greater had yet to be seen. I am a friend of sorts.<i></i> A simple answer. One that would perhaps not suffice, but the Aspect thought it was enough. As to what he was? Simpler question for the Aspect. The chains rattled as the answer came. I am merely a benefactor to keep your Lord safe from harm.<i></i>

Sousuke's situation seemed to be getting better. When asked to describe the dream, Sousuke had to think. How best could he describe it. "Abscond or give audience. A statement that I am broken..."<i></i> He spoke at first. He wasn't sure what it meant. "Something was closing in giving birth to chaos. "<i></i> It was very jumbled. Difficult to put into words. "A return."<i></i>

When Sousuke spoke in short sentences, it was usually a sign that things were not well. The chains rattled about for a moment. A return? The Aspect questioned rhetorically. What kind of return? Who was returning? The Aspect knew not to question the matter further as Sousuke would have already clarified the matter. Best to put it out of your mind Sousuke, dreams are merely riddles that many men have perished trying to understand. Even if it is one of the first dreams you have ever had, it is more ... worthwhile to forget about it and continue your day. The Aspect advised.

After a few minutes Sousuke rose up. Glancing about noticing the destruction brought about by him and his cousin. It was all very managble. "Yes. Quite."<i></i> He held out his hand to assist Shiori in getting up as well.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
With rattling chains, the void spoke of being a guardian of sorts. She should have been relieved, but rather she was annoyed because Sousuke had omitted the fact that there was a... something that was protecting him. Surely at one point or another it should have come up in casual conversation. She scooted away from him a few inches and let her lower lip hang out like a pouting child as she crossed her arms over her chest while the shade tried to interpret Sousuke's dream. She did listen to what he had to say halfheartedly, about his need to flee or receive and the fact that there was something wrong with him as well as the fact that something was going to cause chaos. She had no idea why one of the options should be to receive what was coming, that seemed like a fool's path to death. When the nothingness and her cousin completed their conversation, Sousuke offered his hand to Shiori who hesitantly accepted it. She was still made at him for keeping a secret but she was also worried about him.

"If something bad happens, you should run," Shiori advised although she was never asked her opinion. She did not like the nauseous feeling she had in the pit of her stomach when she thought about the things that could go wrong. "Tell me more about this friend of yours," she asked after a moment of mental deliberation. She wanted to know things. To actually be useful. She was tired of being left out in the dark, she was always somewhat carefree and happy to simply exist but something was slowly changing in her. She had a sense of dread, a thread of anger and even a hint of ambition.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke shook his head. "Running is easy, staying to do what is right is hard as Father says. No... I don't think I'll be running from my problems."<i></i> Sousuke spoke quietly. "It is expected of me to do what must be done, running doesn't solve anything."<i></i> He further added. Sousuke did not expected Shiori to understand, but it had to be said. Running was not what the Stewards or the Takahashi did. They were the King's Men. Shiori being adopted of course was not truly bound to such a thing.

Sousuke and the Avatar exchanged glances. "He's a fourth stage fire element with a constant shifting anti-photon partial essence flux ... what else needs to be said?"<i></i> That was the science behind it. The Steward didn't truly wish to explain how he originally met Mikaboshi. "He was recovered when they opened up some of the Sunahoshi tombs, he came into my ownership through a pact of sorts."<i></i>

The rattling of chains followed. I'm more ... akin to something from fiction than from reality Shiori. Your cousin here of course is capable of giving me definition in your world through ... science which to me is still magicks and sorcery... except less flashy. The Shade of Mikaboshi explained further. Are you that disturbed by my presence? I have kept an eye on Sousuke, and I assure you I am not nearly as ... difficult or in the way in contrast to something such as a... The Shade paused. He was trying to find the right word. The modern word. Girl friend? Lady Love? Female Companion?"<i></i> A slight chuckle escaped the Avatar along with the rattling of chains. Are you jealous perhaps? I would strike such a thing from your mind. You needn't worry.<i></i>

(This is post mission, so you can natter at Sousuke about the fake-Sousuke senario if you wish)

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Of course Sousuke disagreed with her advice, if the time ever came she would fight him and WIN and then take him to safety. Sure, there might be wounds, internal bleeding and brain damage involved, but he would be safe depending on one's definition of "safety." "You do nobody any good if you are dead," she answered stubbornly. If something were to happen to Sousuke in the absence of a Sunahoshi was horrific - the position of leader would be contested not only by the Sennin but by every head of every powerful family in the village as well as likely an ambitious youth with the power to back their pride. "Let's hope you never need to prove your point," Shiori added glumly as she pondered the possibilities.

"He's a fourth stage fire element with a constant shifting anti-photon partial essence flux ... what else needs to be said?"

So he had no idea.

"He was recovered when they opened up some of the Sunahoshi tombs, he came into my ownership through a pact of sorts."

He was a demon then or some spirit that was willing to make deals. She wondered what the pact was and if he would ever have to pay for the services rendered by the nothing. "So a demon then," she announced as an echo to her thoughts. The Steward and the shade of a monster, what could be running more than making pacts with devils. She of course could not identify the location of this creature as it had no form.

"I'm more ... akin to something from fiction than from reality Shiori. Your cousin here of course is capable of giving me definition in your world through ... science which to me is still magicks and sorcery... except less flashy."

Shiori frowned at this statement. What was he thinking. "So, without his science, you would no longer be here?" She queried. Her intent likely obvious, fearful and malicious.

"Are you that disturbed by my presence? I have kept an eye on Sousuke, and I assure you I am not nearly as ... difficult or in the way in contrast to something such as a... Girl friend? Lady Love? Female Companion? ...Are you jealous perhaps? I would strike such a thing from your mind. You needn't worry."

"No, I am pretty sure he is not gay, besides he'd be..." well she was going to say exceedingly popular with male callers but stopped herself. But wait? what if he was? That would explain so much! "You'e not right?" Shiori asked.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back