Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

A Ponderous Tome.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Steward folded his arms across his chest. He stared at the floor contemplating what she had just said. "I believe I have... on two occasions. I did sustain some heavy damage doing so, but ... as you can see I'm still functional."<i></i> Sousuke spoke quitely more so to himself, but given Shiori's bloodline abilities, she would hear him nonetheless. When Shiori spoke of the Shade as a demon, Sousuke's eyes shifted to her. "No. He's not comparable to the family members of House Toraono. I am ... loathe to use this word... perhaps the word ghost best fits him."<i></i>

The chains rattled, and the robed entity let out a laugh. It was slightly warm and hearty which was an opposite considered his appearance. Truly? A ghost. It would seem that Getsurei has finally been accepted by you?<i></i> The chains rattled as the Shade merely returned to his usually controlled self. The shade thought it may be best to explain Getsurei to Shiori. Getsurei is a companion to Okibi's friend Shiraha. You're very much aware of Okibi. Getsurei is a ghost... something that your cousin has difficulty to accepting.<i></i> When Shiori spoke of the Shade not existing without Sousuke's science, the Shade let out another hearty warm chuckle. I assure you I would be here regardless. If not through your cousin's science then through another's power. Perhaps House Toraono. You are truly protective of him aren't you? I appreciate that. Sousuke you should visit your cousin more often after missions which test your physical strength.<i></i>

Sousuke said nothing at first. "Fine."<i></i> He simply said. The conversation would then take a turn for the worse when the question of Sousuke's sexuality came up. When he was asked if he was gay the Steward's eyes shifted from the Shade to his cousin. "What? Is that one of those slang words? You know I don't like slang."<i></i> The chains of Shade rattled. Yes. Sousuke may be a genius, but he did lack a knowledge of certain words.

He isn't. This topic would best be... ended.<i></i> The Shade did not really want to listen to such a concept be explained to Sousuke. Way too many questions would be asked as a result of this.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
A ghost? Ghosts are not real. It is a story that people make up like water falling from the sky without the assistance of a Santaru. But fine the formless man can make up silly lies if it wanted to. As if rain could fall from the sky on its own, insanity. She wondered of course what it was and why Sousuke had kept it a secret for so long. She did not like the fact that he kept something or possibly someone from her.

Then the "ghost" told her that Sousuke was straight, how the "ghost" knew that for him would likely be a story for another day. She glowered at the fact that the "ghost" had an answer, something that fed her perpetual and senseless paranoia. Did she have to worry about ghosts too. What would it be, spectorphilia? What a bother to have to worry about another possibly imaginary rival. She already had to worry about the shop girl, the somewhat manly postal woman and of course his secretary, the lady that walked past him the other day that she was quote certain took her time and of course the old lady at the medical center that spoke of him fondly as a young teen. All these people trying to jump is bones. And now one more. "HE's MINE," she mouthed in the "ghost's" assumed direction. She of course would have to destroy the "ghost" if that was the truth.

There was the mention of increased visits, which would be a bonus. Bribery to gain her favor. she liked bribery. She let out an audible sigh as she pulled herself upright. Most of her abrasions had clotted up by now. The book Sousuke had found and fell off the bookshelf clutching was still nearby. At least it was not demolished in the destruction albeit some blood-staining. Perhaps Runic Terran was held within those pages although that was not something that she would be cognizant of. She kicked the book towards Sousuke with the side of her foot. "Was this that book?" She asked attempting to change the subject before she blurted out something she would regret like the fact tat she loved him. "You dork," that was a a slang-word he likely knew. "Should find out what is inside," she added. He loved his books almost as much as he loved to tinker. At least they would be onto another train of thought and heck he might even teach her something new.

She looked around as much as a blind woman could to the destruction and disarray of the shelf collapse. They did scuff up the room a tad, it would probably take a week to clean up this place. Maybe Sousuke would make some Student Assignments that involved cleaning this area. This would be a good project for students. They would build some muscle, maybe even learn a few new words. She would recommend a mission or two for the students or perhaps even a few Genins, she was NOT going to clean this place up. They should have build more stable bookshelves. This was NOT their fault.
WC: 525

[MFT]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Shade watched slightly disturbed as Shiori mouthed at him 'he's mine'. The Shade was quite grateful that Sousuke was not in the line of sight. No he was over there trying to stack books apparently. The shade's chains rose up and began to spiral around his darkened form. How curious this cousin was. To what extent did she mean that he was hers? Surely not romantic of course... then again... well she did think of Sousuke as a canned vegetable a few minutes ago. Sometime in the future he would need to have a very long talk with Sousuke about his cousin. Yes.. yes... fine.<i></i> The shade answered the highly questionable woman. He was making extra sure that Sousuke was not paying attention to the current conversation. I suppose you're welcome to whatever you want... so long as you understand in your heart what you're doing, and the ramifications of it.<i></i> A loud clank came from the Steward as he pulled one of the shelves out and attempted to salvage it.

Shiori called out to Sousuke calling him a dork. The Steward returned to her and stared at her. "I'm not a dork. Do you even know what a dork is?"<i></i> The Steward was somewhat surprised by Shiori's choice of insults. He looked to the tome that she held. "Yes. That's the Annals of the Conqueror... or is it?"<i></i> The Steward wanted to take the tome from Shiori but didn't because he didn't want to be rude and snatch it from her. Thus he tilted his head slightly to see the title. "It is. You can read Braille right? Because I can simply skim the pages and then translate it to Braille which of course would be a boon for you."<i></i> The Steward inquired. His cousin was a sort of medical genius of sorts, and was oftentimes an intellectual companion. Sometimes when the Steward spoke out loud, his cousin would oftentimes answer with a thought-provoking concept. It was very useful to have her around most of the time, except for when she ... stuck gum to things. The book sailed his way after she kicked it towards him. He picked it up. "You ... can read Braille right?"<i></i> The Steward asked a second time because oftentimes higher intellect came at a price of sorts, something the Steward was too often used to.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: I had no idea... you won this round.

IC:
She had never really thought of the word "dork" or understood its meaning. She was sure it meant something because she has heard it in sentences before. She would have to ask someone to read it to her at some point from a dictionary. "I too know what it means!" She countered with her hands on her hips. "I-I-t means you are being you!" Of course what she said made no sense but she was terrible at insults. She had no idea what 'dork' meant, she just assumed it was another word for nerd, an apt description.

< "You ... can read Braille right?">

Shiori was illiterate. It was an unfortunate fact. Because of her lack of site and the delay in getting this properly diagnosed, she had a steeper learning curve to overcome than most. She learned everything from cassette or oral rendition. She shook her head to say no. Does this mean she would not get to know what his book was about? That seemed monumentally unfair. The "Annals of the Conqueror" seemed like a funny and likely inappropriate name. On second thought, she probably did not want to know what was inside the book. "Read it," Shiori ordered after a second of contemplation. She would totally laugh at him if he said anything weird.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke's eyes narrowed and slightly veered left. No. She did not know what the word dork meant. At least not the proper meaning of the word. The Steward would ever so slightly turn a shade of red. Yes. It was for the best his cousin did not know the meaning of the word. "Alright."<i></i> Sousuke would simply say. When Sousuke looked for the Shade, he would not find him present. Apparently the Shade took upon himself the liberty to do as he did best and disappear.

His cousin shook her head no when it came to braille. Sousuke would frown at this. "We're going to need to fix that then. Another time perhaps."<i></i> He would say as he would in a rare sight pat Shiori on the shoulder. The Steward would look at the lock on the book and would produce from his pockets a pick. Within minutes he would pick the lock. The Steward would stare at the book. Strange symbols across the top, and then a translation along the bottom. There weren't sentences so much as words. The Steward's eyes narrowed as he tried to come to a complete and basic understanding of a few works. " التفاح. الجبر. حالة تأهب. هجوم."<i></i> Sousuke would speak at first. His words came out slightly rough and almost as if he was sickly. The Steward flipped several pages and began to pick up more words. " الحق. لذلك. هذه هي اللغة التي يتحدث بها الملك واحد. حقا. هذا هو تماما الكتاب الرائع، شيوري. فإنه ينهار الكلمات وترجماتها.."<i></i> Sousuke would then pause and close the book. "I will need to spend more time with this book, but ... another time."<i></i> Another pause would come from Sousuke as he would pull out the family heirloom - the old golden pocket watch. "I have a mission briefing that I need to attend to... a member of a foreign household is visiting sand, and apparently Father is entrusting me with the protection of their daughter. I am very loathe to do this."<i></i>

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
She had no idea what he was talking about. He was making no sense what-so-ever. Perhaps he hit his head in the hall and has now stroked. Then he returned to Ninpochish [confabulated a word, I know] after a brief period of gibberish. It was time to go, the room in disarray. The crumbled remains of the book shelves. The scattered and damaged tomes once neatly stacked now littered the floor. Some blood soiled the floor from her minor injuries as well. He had to be off, and she... she did not have much to do. She could stop by the hospital for a quick round before heading home and curling up next to the radio. She had no love for pictures or books, she had no idea what either could offer. So, another night in for the homebody really.

She pulled her lips back for a toothy smile as she announced "I hope you have fun." In an afterthought her face briefly resembled a scowl as she took note of the fact that it was a daughter that he was commissioned to protect. She was the jealous type, it was nothing new but Sousuke was oblivious to all things obvious. If she was a microscopic organism that lived in the deepest depth of the sea, he would have memorized ever facet of her cellular structure likely. But standing here... IN FRONT OF HIM... her feelings as plain as day, the only thing she had not yet done is tell him outright. Perhaps she would tell him today. No, not today. Maybe tomorrow or the day after next.

[MFT]

Topic Left

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back