Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private A Puppeteer's Peril (Req Shin)

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Toyoko is out in the yard, practicing as she always does after school. The only thing that calms her mind is the sound of her weapon striking the targets, making gashes in them over and over, while imagining that it is the bullies that she faces every day. While their words don't bother her, their presence does. If they don't like or care for her, why do they bother to go out of their way to talk to her? Just leave me the hell alone, and we can all live just fine! I don't need anyone in my life other than Hiyoko anyways. She is at least honest with me about how she feels; I know that she fears my skills but still cares for me because my parents are dead. We have a perfectly good relationship built on fear and respect for one another. So why, then, do these other children feel the need to intrude upon my perfectly happy life? Sending her teddy bear rushing towards the target once more, Toyoko sighs in disappointment as it snaps in half. That was the most recent one that Hiyoko had purchased for her, and it was supposed to last for at least a week. Rather, she had broken it in a matter of days.

As if sensing something were amiss, Hiyoko steps out of the house and into the small yard. Staring at the broken target for a moment, she walks over and picks up the pieces before turning back towards the young girl. "What the hell is wrong with you?! You know that I'm not made of money, and yet you go and break it again! I should just toss you out on the streets at this point to fend for yourself. I don't know what the hell I was thinking ever taking you in. I'm sure your parents are much better off wherever they are, rather than having to raise a demon of a child like you!"

Hiyoko practically spits the insults at Toyoko, who grips her teddy tightly. "You don't know what you're talking about! Mommy and Daddy loved me! That's why they always bought me something nice! They felt bad for leaving me at home alone while they had to work so much!"

"Ha! If they truly loved you, then they wouldn't have gone and gotten themselves killed like a couple of idiots! That burglary didn't have to become a murder, but they were too damn stubborn for their own good. Serves them right!" Toyoko's grip on her teddy goes slack, as does her jaw. Hiyoko had always been truthful and honest with her, and this must be how she truly felt. She could hardly believe the older woman thought this way. Without any other outlet, the young girl screams and thrusts her hands towards her caretaker. Without realizing it, she launched her weapon forward as well. Hiyoko's eyes go wide as she steps to the side, and opens her mouth to shout more obscenities at Toyoko. Instead, a spurt of blood pours from her parted lips. Toyoko looks up to realize that teddy had ricocheted off the wall, slicing the older woman's neck on its return to its owner. She stands there silently as Hiyoko grasps at her neck, trying to stop the bleeding, before collapsing to the ground. The older woman is dead shortly after that, and Toyoko just stands there staring at her body.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[Topic Entered with NPC Chikamatsu Maho]

A nice walk through the residential district between missions was supposed to end with a meet up with Chikamatsu Shin where Maho could give a report for what she was up to during his five years of exploration. She was in charge of security and she wasn't on to be weak of he knees, but when she heard a blood curdling scream followed by silence her instincts took over. The retired Jounin darted like a flicker of the shadows cast by fluttering birds.

Standing before the woman she would see a scene she wasn't expecting. Raising an eyebrow "My, my, my... What have we here?" she would step closer as the serpent like tattoos on her arms would begin to move and slither onto the ground towards the fallen woman. Meanwhile, Maho kept direct eye contact with Toyoko. "Did we have an accident? If you ask me, I saw that this mean old horrible woman was attacking you. What else could you have done? I mean look at you, still a sapling really. Who would think that a young..." She approached Toyoko, trying to reach out and move the hair out of the face of the shocked child, "...beautiful girl such as yourself would wish anything but good will and fortune onto others." Slowly dropping to her knee she would look Toyoko at an equal height.

"Afterall, didin't you just seek out the renown Chikamatsu Clan to learn how to better serve and protect your village? They are the premier Puppet and Medical Ninjutsu users in the villages." A sickly grin stretched across her face as her hand went from a soft stroke that tried to clear the girls face to a firmer grasp onto her jaw and chin to shift Toyoko's attention directly at, and limited to, Maho. "Am I misreading this situation? Surely I am not. I doubt you would murder someone in your home. You were seeking safe haven from our clan but we were too late, right?"

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Toyoko stands there, arms limply at her side, teddy soaking in the blood where it fell by Hiyoko's body. As she stares at her former caretaker's body, a woman jumps into the yard with her and sends some odd serpent like tattoo slithering off her arms towards the dead woman. She watches, detached, as the woman begins to speak to her. At first, all she hears is static. This newcomer's words fall on deaf ears, as Toyoko struggles to understand what just happened. Not a moment of guilt or grief, just confusion. One second Hiyoko was standing there insulting her and her parents, and the next thing that she knew, the woman was lying on the ground bleeding out. She must have severed something major in the older woman's neck. Tucking that bit of information to the back of her mind for future contemplation, and slowly returned to her senses.

The new woman reached down and tucked Toyoko's hair behind her ear, speaking to her softly of the Chikamatsu Clan. This woman also belonged to the same clan as her sensei and the girl she met outside of the village? Just how big was this clan, and what did they want with her? "Afterall, didin't you just seek out the renown Chikamatsu Clan to learn how to better serve and protect your village? They are the premier Puppet and Medical Ninjutsu users in the villages." Staring into the woman's eyes, Toyoko doesn't miss the grin or the firm grasp on her jaw as she looks directly into this stranger's eyes. Before she can manage to speak, the woman's tone turns sharper. "Am I misreading this situation? Surely I am not. I doubt you would murder someone in your home. You were seeking safe haven from our clan but we were too late, right?"

"She... she was insulting my family. She raised her arm, and I was so scared. I thought that she was going to attack me somehow, and I defended myself. I sought Chikamatsu Shin, my sensei, to help get me out of here. But it was too late for Hiyoko, she snapped and came after me just before you got here."
The young girl's eyes are clear, not a tear to be found. Her voice comes out soft, but strong. As if she believes what she was saying. This was why the other children were scared of her. She was unfazed by the death of her guardian, in fact... did she actually enjoy taking her life? The woman was not cruel by any means, but Toyoko didn't find joy living with her either. Is that what the funny feeling in her chest was? Relief, that she was out of such a situation and free for once in her life?

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The grin of Maho's grew as the serpent tattoos would begin to coil around the body and constrict. "That's correct. My name is Chikamatsu Maho, I will take you to your sensei. It is a shame I arrived to late." As she finished speaking Toyoko would begin to realize that the serpents were sealing the corpse away into a unique sealing jutsu leaving behind only a pool of blood. Maho would take a few steps away from the girl before lowering her hands to allow the serpents to crawl back up her limbs and return to the tattoo sleeves where they were originally. "Follow me."

As she stepped along where the body was she would conjure a paper ofudo seal that would float over her shoulder. "What is your name. If you are going to be learning the clan's ways it would be ideal for me to know who you are." She stopped before leaving the yard. Her serpentine eyes cut back to Toyoko. "Leave everything she has ever given you. You won't need it where you're going." She paused and stared at the teddy bear for a moment. She tossed a sealing scroll at Toyoko. "I don't wanna see that mess, get rid of it before following me."

If Toyoko followed Maho she would realize that they were heading to the Omni Prime Medical Facility. While the student probably was unaware, the clan was recently given permission and the funds to begin relocating the Chikamatsu Arboretum, the most sacred of locations to the clan, to the Omni Prime Medical Facility. "The Overseer is in his office. This way." As Maho lead the way Toyoko would see a mark on the nape of Maho's neck that had six flower petals in a circle, all simple outlines exposing the flesh toned skin within them. All of the petals except for the one point downwards in the six o'clock position, which was a grey tone that shifted and held a blueish glow momentarily as she spoke of `The Overseer`.

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
"I agree, it is a shame. However, she got what she deserved. Bad people are punished, and I just happened to be here when she lost control." Toyoko's eyes track Maho's movements as she steps over to the body, or rather where the body used to be. She wasn't familiar with the jutsu being used to seal it away, just that it was being taken care of. Intrigue fills her expression as she watches the tattoos crawl back up Maho's arms, and she takes a step forward with her hand extended as if she were going to touch it.

"Oh, my name is Okura Toyoko. A pleasure to meet you. There is nothing to worry about; the only things that she ever got for me were clothes that I despise wearing. This dress is the only thing that she ever bought me, or rather, that I bought with some money that I stole from her. She was an awful caretaker." As she follows the woman's eyes towards her teddy, Toyoko's heart constricts for a moment in the fear that Maho wouldn't allow her to bring him along. Instead she just tosses her a scroll and tells her to get rid of it. She had seen summoning scrolls like this before and knew exactly what to do, sealing the weapon away before following out of the house and down the street. The closer that they got to the Omni Prime Medical Facility, the more her nerves started to ease up.

After meeting Sora and Shin, she wasn't quite certain where she was going to be taken. But nothing ever went wrong in a medical facility. That was where people went to feel better, after they were injured or to cure a sickness they might have. Surely this Chikamatsu Clan were a decent type of people, if they were stationed there. She did, however, cock her head curiously as Maho referred to Shin as "The Overseer". She hadn't remembered him using such a title in their class, and was unfamiliar with the clan dynamics, but held her tongue. If it were something important for her to learn, then that would be brought to her attention soon. Rather, she finds her gaze drifting to a mark on the back of Maho's neck, which seems to shift color before she blinks and it goes back to its normal grey tone. It must have been a trick of the sun.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[Topic Entered with NPC Chikamatsu Seishinko]

"You must be mistaken, if you are truly wishing to come under the protection of the Chikamatsu Clan, your name will be Chikamatsu Toyoko." She hesitated as they arrived to the front of the medical complex. "Unless there has been some misunderstanding on the actions that occured at your previous home." Not turning to look back Maho would wait for a moment as the mark on her neck would turn blue once more for a brief moment. As the hue faded grey the woman would let out a sigh.

"You know Shin does not want to be bothered with trivial things at the moment, right?" A younger voice would say from behind Toyoko's shoulder. If she turned to look she would find a young girl, no older than 17, standing in a large gothic dress with her arms wrapped around a red fat bat looking creature that had yellow eyes. Hugging the creature in such a way that it covered her mouth Seishinko would stand and stair at Maho with her gleaming red eyes.

"This isn't trivial. We have already spoken on the matter Seishinko-sama." Turning over her shoulder Maho would look at her peer. "And besides... As an Inner Court Member you are well aware that I can see our great Overseer whenever I please." Her eyes narrow as she states the last word. "How about you make yourself useful and go tend to your Kodama. We need them to dwell within the Arboretum now more than ever."

The younger Chikamatsu Inner Court Member's eyes glare back before she turned her head sharply and took a few steps off to the side. "This better not be charity." As she spoke her eyes shifted to look at Toyoko for a moment before turning back towards the direction where she was heading. As Seishinko walked away the same seal would be on the nape of her neck as well, but the greyed petal was in the four o'clock position

"Pay her no mind. This way." Continuing on into the Omni Prime Medical Facility the pair would be approached by a few aides, but before they would speak their eyes would go wide and they would take a few steps back to clear the walking path that Maho had taken.

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Toyoko stops dead in her tracks as Maho corrects her. "Yes Maho-sama. I simply misspoke, my name will be Chikamatsu Toyoko; I thank you and your clan for being gracious enough to open your door to an orphan such as myself. Especially given the circumstances." Smiling down at her feet, she can't help but feel a swell of joy in her chest. This woman didn't look at her or treat her like an outsider. She didn't once blink at Toyoko's lack of reaction to the death of her previous caretaker, and instead helped to cover it up somehow. She would do her best to remember that her name was different, and that she was now representing the clan. She didn't want to be cast aside; not if this was how the clan treated her. It was so different from what she was used to. She could tell that this Maho woman was being genuine, somehow. The same way that others wore their malice on their sleeves, she was being kind to this strange girl that she had just met.

A voice over her shoulder caused Toyoko to spin around, and she took in the figure standing there. Older than her but younger than Maho, she stood there in a gorgeous dress that made her stare with envy. She wished that she owned something that nice; in comparison, she looked like what she was. A poor orphan with no one to care for her. After taking in the dress, she lifts her eyes towards the new person's face, but stops when she sees the red bat creature. Her eyes widen in surprise and glee; this creature was so cute! Perhaps she could get to know this person and they might let her pet the thing! That was before Maho referred to her as an Inner Court Member, and Toyoko dropped her eyes to the ground, all hopes of playing with this bat going out the window. She could just tell if this girl had any relation to Maho, then she probably would not take too kindly to a young orphan girl asking to play with her things.

This thought was proven right, to her, when the girl mentioned Toyoko being "charity". She bristled at the comment and opened her mouth to say something, but quickly thought better of it. This clan was offering her a new start, she wasn't going to squander it right away by yelling at one of the higher ranking members. She might now know how they operated yet, but clearly anyone designated an Inner Court Member had some power here and she had none. So it was best to just bite her tongue and follow along behind Maho as they made their way further into the facility.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
1691517467827.png

As Maho entered the facility two of the aides would approach but Maho simple waived them off. "Don't bother me drones, we are visiting the Overseer." As she spoke the two women with bright red eyes and pale paper white skin nodded and stopped in their paths and simply lowered their heads in obedience. Their appearances may seem familiar to the young girl as they looked almost identical to the young Chikamatsu Sora.

Passing through the halls Maho would begin to grin As they continued down the hallway they would begin to see two more blond, presumably Chikamatsu, individuals standing in front of a doorway with a sign overhead that reads "Research and Development" which designated that laboratory's purpose. "Maho, the Overseer does not wish to be interrupted. He's asked Kayaku and I to stand guard as he works." The man spoke followed by the teenage girl who was apparently named Kayaku. "And besides do you really want to bring in a child that stenches of blood before Kohana after what she did to that cloud shinobi?" The younger girl would approach Toyoko. "I don't know the situation you are in, but as Head of Security it is my job that Seikatsu and I don't fail our Overseer, so leave."

"You aren't head of security Kayaku."The man in his late twenties quickly corrected causing the teenager to manifest a long metallic rifle into her hand pointing at him. She chuckled slightly. "Trying to make us cover up a double homicide today?" She continued to chuckle. Seikatsu's brow was raised. "Lower your firearm Kayaku, less you anger the High Priest of the Chikamatsu Clan."

"Shut the fuck up!" An angry feminine voice shouted from within the room. "Move. We are going in." Maho would begin to walk towards the door and gesture for Toyoko to follow.

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Toyoko silently follows behind Maho, clutching the scroll holding her teddy close to her chest. She was slightly overwhelmed with the size of the building, and the smells coming from all around her. She was a generally healthy child, and hadn't needed to visit the Omni Prime Medical Facility before. Being inside of it was much different than looking at it from a distance. As they make their way further inside, two figures begin to approach but Maho waves them off and practically ignores them. Toyoko, on the other hand, stares up at them and takes in as much detail as she possibly can.

At first glance, she stiffens a little bit. These two "women" look very similar to the girl that she met outside the gates. What was her name again? Chikamatsu Sora. For a moment, Toyoko thought that somehow Sora had grown taller and changed her outfit, and braced herself for an attack. When one didn't come, she peeked out of one eye to see the two women standing aside and Maho continuing on into the facility. With one eye on the homunculi, she darts after Maho. Further down the hall are two blonde individuals, standing before a closed door. Before she could ask if this was their destination, one of the two speaks up and tells them that "the Overseer" doesn't want to be interrupted.

"And besides do you really want to bring in a child that stenches of blood before Kohana after what she did to that cloud shinobi? I don't know the situation you are in, but as Head of Security it is my job that Seikatsu and I don't fail our Overseer, so leave." Toyoko stares up at the blonde girl, and for a moment, fear washes over her. Would she be turned away from the Chikamatsu Clan's protection, and be tried as a criminal for accidentally killing Hiyoko? Tears begin to form in her eyes, but she refuses to let them build too much. Wiping furiously at her eyes and steeling herself, she stares down Kayaku and refuses to budge. At least, she stares at the back of the girl's head as she whips around and points a rifle at her partner.

Before Toyoko can voice her arguments about being there, a voice calls out from inside the room. It sounds familiar, but she can't quite place where she had heard it before. It sounded like Shin, but at the same time it didn't. The blood drains from her face as she remembers the red eyes flashing and staring down at her. Uncertainty fills her as she thinks back to the classroom, and the voice speaking from Shin's mouth. It had been the exact same one she was hearing now. That didn't mean that the situation made any sense to her. Was Shin unstable, like she suspected? Was this really the smartest thing to do? Without much choice, she steps up alongside Maho and braces herself for whatever may be hiding behind the door.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As the two would walk into the laboratory of Chikamatsu Shin, the Medical Chief of Research and Development, Toyoko would see a large white room with an operating table made of pure metal sitting about ten feet from the stark white walls. All of this led to a wall beyond the table made of glass with what looked to be an office resting beyond that where she could see Shin leaning over his desk with floating scrolls being written on by quills made from pure ink. It only took seconds of walking in the room before another woman would approach Maho and Toyoko.

1691722461518.png

Fully clad in armor with piercing red eyes Kohana would point a blade at Toyoko's throat. "My my, if it isn't the little shit that wanted to start a fight in class? Think your tough? Is that why you murdered your guardian?" Her face streched into a grin before her eyes looked up at Mahp. "You're dismissed. Shin will want to speak to her privately."

"Of course, Kohana-sama. I will continue my route." Maho would look to Toyoko and place a hand on her shoulder. "The Overseer will be here to help you. Don't fret." With that Maho would step back out of the room and begin to leave the Omni Prime Medical Facility.

"Oneechan, bring her in here." As Shin spoke he would stand up and the scrolls would spiral up and the ink in the quills would make sigils on the scrolls before causing the scrolls to shrink into miniature versions maybe a couple inches long. Shin would shift his weight and spin back and sit onto his desk. Kohana would lover her blade and nod towards the back office allowing Toyoko to walk towards Shin. She stayed near the door with the blade resting on her shoulder.

As Toyoko entered the office the room would smell like freshly brewed coffee. Shin would gesture towards the chair across the room near a table that would seemingly form out of nothing with a small cup sitting on a saucer resting on top. Shin would twink his fingers some and a bowl with sugar cubes a small pitcher with cream would appear as well. "Please, take a seat, can I get you some tea or coffee? I guess after the day you've had perhaps you would like something a little stronger to help you calm your nerves. Are you okay? Take a moment to catch your breath if you need to. I am here to help."

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
As Toyoko enters the room, her eyes immediately land on the table in the center. It seemed like a simple operating tabAle, and yet, she felt like it was more than that. The room was labeled as “Research and Development”. So what exactly was it that was being created in here? Her gaze drifted from the table to Shin, seated at a desk with scrolls floating around him. She wondered how, exactly, he was able to do that. She didn’t spy any chakra strings holding them aloft, so it must be some advanced technique that she wasn’t aware of yet. That could be rather useful, both in day to day life and also during something like surgery here at the Omni Prime. Being able to float tools around would make it much easier than having several people crowding around an operating table.

Before she could take another step into the room, however, Toyoko felt a blade pressed against her throat. Looking up, she finds those same red eyes that she thought she had seen in Shin's face before. However, the person holding the blade wasn't Shin. Or was it? The two looked identical, aside from the fact that this was a woman holding her in place. Swallowing nervously, Toyoko feels the blade prick her neck slightly, and a droplet of blood wells up. Knowing better than to move, she lets the blood roll down her neck as she simply stares at Kohana, not uttering a single word. As Maho places a hand on her shoulder before leaving, Toyoko wonders if what she said is true. It seemed more like she was being held hostage by this crazed woman than being helped. Yet, for some reason, she felt like she could trust Kohana. She wasn't playing games or pretending to be friendly. Rather, she was very direct in her speech and actions, which Toyoko respected.

When Shin called for Kohana to lower her blade, Toyoko drops her eyes and head towards the back of the room where Shin was waiting at a table that appeared out of nowhere, and take a seat. As she took in the smell of the coffee, her mouth began to water. Looking up at him, she tries to gauge his thoughts on the matter, but he had that unnerving smile plastered to his face which continued to make her nervous. After offering her a drink, she reaches forward to pour a little cream into the coffee before taking a small sip. "I... I think so. I just don't understand... what exactly is happening to me?"

[MFT: 428]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"In the simplest of terms, I will be adopting you." Shin would grab a cup of coffee himself and add two lumps of sugar and a splash of cream before stirring it. The hues of the rich dark liquid lightened considerably. "I am of the understanding that your parents passed some time ago and that you were staying under the care of Hiyoko, no?" His brow raised slightly as he took a sip of his coffee. Returning to his desk he would sit a top of it and cross his legs and continue leaning to one side supporting his weight with a single arm. The coffee in his hand beginning to swirl as he looked down at it. "Recent reports have indicated you are now in a situation where you need a safe and supportive environment to continue your studies." His eyes peered up at the girl. "What better place to stay than with the clan that trains and rears the strongest Puppet Masters in the village? Though I suppose if you wish to be placed elsewhere and move around in the system as a ward of the state that is also a valid option." He would take a sip of his coffee and give a pause in his speech to allow the girl to respond if she felt so inclined.

"I don't know how much you know about the great clans of Sunagakure, but allow me to share some information about mine. I am Chikamatsu Shin, the Overseer of the Chikamatsu Clan. The Overseer is like the clan's leader. It is my responsibility to protect the members of my family, as well as find the most suitable advisors which we call "The Inner Court". The members of the Inner Court are powerful in their own right, I believe you met some of them on your way here. Maho is one of them. The connection I have with each of them is stronger than you may ever imagine thanks to the Seal of the Yurei Orchid." He paused briefly and then continued. "This brings me to my second responsibility, I am to guard and nurture the Yurei Orchid so that my replacement can gain it's strength once I move on from this world."

Using an advanced technique to convert illusions into reality a small orchid would sprout and grow in his hand. "The life of service is more noble than royalty, that is the decree we live by in this clan. It is our job to help others when they need it most." He would approach Toyoko and hand her the flower. "And unless I am mistaken, you are in need of help. If you agree to come stay with me and my daughter you must promise me three things. You will aid all of those in need. You will never stop trying to learn and teach the knowledge of the world. And finally you will do your best to spread happiness and joy to all you meet." With each of the three goals of the Chikamatsu Clan stated Shin would raise a finger to count all three of them.

"These are the core principles of the clan and if you follow them you will see how quickly you will advance and become stronger in this world. There are many that believe to achieve great feats of strength you must only focus on yourself, your own pain and misery, and to not let other close to you, but they are wrong. There are numerous ways to grow powerful and strong in this world..." He stopped for a moment, realizing he was once again lecturing, the habits he has taken on teaching in the Toraono Dojo and the Omni Prime Medical Facility were hard to break. "I am sorry, I am rambling. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as this decision is yours to make and I want to make sure you are fully informed before you decide."

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Taking a sip of her coffee, Toyoko doesn't react as Shin says that he is going to be adopting her. That much was clear, as Maho had already explained that to her. She simply nods along as Shin recounts her current situation, with her parents being dead and needing a new space to continue her studies. If there was one thing that she was worried about, other than being arrested for murder, it was that she wouldn't have the opportunity to continue training to become a shinobi. She wanted to get stronger so that she could protect herself, and eventually her own family when she had one. Her eyes go wide as he mentions letting her go into the system, and she vehemently shakes her head. "Please don't do that. I'll do whatever it is that you require of me, just don't put me into the system. You claim to have the strongest Puppet Masters, and I would do anything to be able to hone my art under their guidance."

She listens intently as Shin explains the hierarchy of the Chikamatsu Clan, and she thinks of the tattoo that she saw on Maho's neck. That must be of the orchid that he was talking about, but it doesn't explain why the colors changed. That wasn't important right now though, so she tucked that question away for later. As Shin creates an orchid from thin air, she gasps slightly and her eyes widen once again. This was a power that she was unfamiliar with, and being wielded by one such as Shin made her uneasy. He hadn't done anything untoward, yet, but still there was an uneasiness in the pit of her stomach as she sat and listened to him. Reaching out and taking the flower, she sets it gently on the table before her. Taking another sip of her coffee, she almost spits it out when he tells her of the three things she must promise.

"You mention your daughter... Bright clothes, red eyes, long white hair, shitty attitude? That's an example of spreading joy and happiness?! She attacked me outside the gates after insulting my family, and calling me an intruder! She thought that I was some sort of spy, here to steal secrets from Suna! Catching her breath, Toyoko stares down into her coffee. If ever there was a time for Shin to lose his temper and lash out at her, it would likely be right now. Let him get it over with, so that she could finally see his true colors. That would be the deciding factor between staying here or not.

[MFT: 433]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin let out a sigh. "Sora is a unique circumstance. Unlike you or I, Sora isn't exactly human." He took a sip of his drink to gauge Toyoko's reaction to that statement. "She is what is known as a Homunculus, an artificial life form. While she isn't the first homunculus I created, she is the first of her kind. Unlike the various nurses and aides in this facility whom are Homunculi, Sora has a partial soul, instead of a synthetic one like the others. This has caused her to be... well, you've met her. He let out a sigh and shifted his weight to press a few fingers into his temple. "She is only a few weeks old, and honestly she is showing traits we would expect to see from a toddler. Her body and her intelligence are that of someone much older than her actual age but unfortunately she is still learning the ways of this world, so please, I ask that you be patient with her." His eyes looked over at Kohana who was at the far door. "And she has been spending too much time with her aunt." He let out a sigh again.

"Please don't feel like I have too high of expectations for you, all that I ask is that you do your best to learn everything you can and I hope you begin to feel comfortable within the clan. While I will not force you to join the Medical Branch upon your graduation, I do hope you learn some of the basics of the Medical Arts so that you can stop and prevent death from happening around you... You've had more than your fair share already. I want to provide you with a safe and nurturing home."

It was at this point he looked over to Kohana. "أختي ، من فضلك تأكد من أنك تبذل قصارى جهدك لجعل هذه الفتاة تشعر وكأنها في المنزل." He spoke Runic Terran, a language commonly used by the Oracle Order and would most likely be a foreign tongue to Toyoko. "मैं मूर्ख नहीं हूं, लेकिन यदि आप बहुत सारे बच्चों को गोद लेने जा रहे हैं तो हमें एक सीमा के बारे में अधिक गहन बातचीत की आवश्यकता होगी।" She responded in Ancient Runic, a language that is all but forgotten and only used by the Oracle Order today.

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Taking a sip of her coffee, Toyoko struggles not to snort when Shin says that Sora isn't human. Biting back any remarks that she wishes to make, she instead silently listens to what Shin has to say. Sora had mentioned that she was "made", which makes sense now that she has seen some of the other homonculi in the building and now understands that Sora actually has part of a soul rather than a fake one. Also, being only a few weeks old with the intelligence of someone older... well, it makes sense that she was so full of herself. Nobody had the opportunity to knock her down a few pegs yet. Sighing heavily, she sits back and listens to more of what Shin has to say, an eyebrow raising when he mentions that Sora had spent too much time with her aunt. Kohana, if that is who he was talking about, seemed rather straightforward and trustworthy as far as Toyoko could tell. She didn't give fake smiles and laughter while being cruel. What you saw was what you got, as far as she had experienced, and Toyoko respected her more for that. After an exchange with Kohana in a language that she couldn't understand, that further made her distrust Shin's intentions, she took the opportunity to speak.

"I hadn't thought about what I was going to do after graduation... But I do like the idea of learning the basics of the Medical Arts, at the very least. You are right, I have experienced quite a bit of death at my age, and I would like to be able to prevent any more from happening. While I may not care for the others in my class, that doesn't mean that I want them to die. I'd rather they just leave me alone to live my life the way I choose to. Does that also mean... that if I don't learn the Medical Arts or do something wrong... you'll arrest me?" Her voice trails off at the end, not wanting to put the idea in his head if it didn't already exist and not wanting to get in trouble with Maho either.

[MFT: 360]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin was clearly taken aback by that last statement. Concern and Shock filled his face. "Arrest you? Why on earth would I arrest you? I can't see any reason why a child defending themselves and seeking refuge has any reason to be arrested." Shin would walk towards Toyoko and drop to a knee to look at her more directly. "From here on out my only job is to protect you and give you a safe place to grow and develop your own skills in the ways in which you desire. Don't let the idea of expectations fill your mind. You're perfect how you are and I know you'll grow to be a splendid kunoichi." He smiled and looked back at his sister. "Isn't that right Kohana."

Her face was less than pleased. Her crimson red eyes peering at the child. "Not learning medial ninjutsu is no reason to be arrested..." As she spoke should would begin to walk towards Shin, remerging with her brother as his eyes would shift red and the two o'clock positioned petal would turn grey. "...but betray the Chikamatsu Clan and I will have your life." Standing up the Overseer's posture and mannerisms would take on the quality of Kohana's. Placing his hands on his hips he would lean forward. "So no more acting up in class and trying to cause a commotion, do you understand me? Shin may be lax and carefree but so long as you live within our clan you will follow our rules and respect our customs." His eyes would shift back to blue. "Kohana, that is enough of that. You will be kind to Toyoko-chan, she has been though a lot today." He spoke out towards no particular direction.

Letting out a sigh and closing his eyes he continued. "But honestly, we would be happy to have you as a member of our clan and any questions you may have simply ask any of the Inner Circle and we will be able to help. It seems Maho has grown quite fond of you already."

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Toyoko is taken aback by the shock and concern that fills Shin's face when she mentioned getting arrested, and his assurances that it wouldn't happen. Perhaps Maho was just trying to scare her into behaving? Or perhaps Shin was lying to her, and this was all an act. Maho had seemed very straightforward with her and didn't seem like the type to lie like that. Regardless, she would take Shin's words at face value for now, but stay on her guard around him. Something about him just put her on edge, and she couldn't quite put a finger on what it was. Toyoko glanced over at Kohana as Shin addressed her, and found the woman to be glaring down at her. Walking clover to the two of them, she would merge with Shin's body! Toyoko quickly fell out of her chair and scrambled backwards as those red eyes followed her, threatening her if she betrays the Chikamatsu Clan.

She begins to tremble on the floor as the eyes shift back to blue, and Shin speaks to Kohana even though she is no longer around. Trying to piece things together, the young girl feels tears start welling in her eyes. She is overwhelmed by everything being thrown at her, and doesn't know how to process everything. Shin says that he's happy to have her as a member of the clan, and that Maho is fond of her, but she was starting to feel like Shin was the one who was being dishonest and didn't know how much she could trust him. She would much rather deal with Kohana, whatever she may be, because she was at least direct with her feelings and words.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As soon as Shin would see the fear or anxiety flashing in Toyoko's face he immediately put his hands up and took a few steps back. "Toyoko-chan, you are safe here, I promise. Please. You have complete control of the situation right now." He stood still and took a deap breath and let out a concerned sigh. Closing his eyes he dropped his head slightly, keeping his open palms exposed above his shoulders.

"A lot is happening, I know, but I genuinely want you to feel safe here. If there's any concerns or questions you may have please don't hesitate. I have a room being prepared for you at the Aboretum where you can stay. It locks and there's no key to unlock the door once you latch it from within, so feel free to claim the space as yours. No one else can enter unless you allow them to." He would wait for Toyoko to express what she wanted to happen next. He didn't want to startle her any more than he had already.

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Toyoko stands up, staring at Shin suspiciously. She doesn't know exactly what she just saw, but it certainly baffled her. She was starting to feel a little uneasy about her decision to stay here, but did she really have another choice? The other option before her was being thrown in jail, and she didn't want to do that. So she took a deep breath, stood up, and looked Shin in the eye. "I'm sorry, I just wasn't expecting that to happen. I've never seen someone... fuse with another person like that before. It caught me off guard, but I'm feeling fine now. If I am understanding the situation correctly, you and Kohana are siblings and you share a body, is that correct?" She waits a moment for him to respond, during which she wipes at her face and brushes off the tears that were falling from her eyes. Cursing herself for being so vulnerable and weak in such a strange place and situation.

"Thank you for the hospitality. I think that I would like to see my room, if that is alright? I don't think that I have any more questions right now, I just need to get some rest and prepare myself for living here now. Thank you for taking me in, and helping me in this time of need... I still don't quite understand what happened back there, but Maho swept in and cleaned things up very quickly and adeptly. I take it this isn't the first time that something like this has occurred for you?"

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
((OoC: Short post is short))

”I understand it can be confusing, but when my sister and I were still developing in our mother’s womb Kohana’s body began to pass but her soul latched into mine. Since we were born we shared a body, but it wasn’t until my graduation exam was she awakened and manifested herself to me in the form of a Shadow. Over the next few years her anger at the situation almost cost me my life multiple times but as she developed into a Persona our relationship began to repair itself. We took our time but we can now coexist without the fear of the other losing themselves. If you ever wish to speak with her you can simply ask, as she will always be a part of me.“

He took a few steps to the door and gestured towards the door to allow Toyoko to pass through. ”As a Medical Shinobi I have had to clean the remains of a lost life numerous times. We aspire to prevent this, but it is inevitable in the line that I work in, and the same can be said for most members of our clan. `The Life of service is more noble than royalty.` This is the goal of our clan, we are willing to do the work that many others aren’t capable of. From saving lives or to even remove them for the betterment of our home we will. In time you will see if this statement holds true to you as well. If it does, I will be here to help you every step on you path.“

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back