Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

An Unknown Encounter [Contract Search]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It seemed that the candle was happy with its existence at that moment in time, it seemed that it was slowly being persuaded of the good that could be done but it was still unsure about the current situation, what needed to be done and what would be required in the last hurdle so to speak. As the candle continued to watch the man that stood in front of it, it was clear that his brother had arrived as the bushes ruffled and the two of them came threw together it seemed that he had also managed to meet someone on his journey. Interest enough this person also looked just as confused about the situation as the candle was.

“Welcome back brother, it seemed that we both have been found by Humans, what can we say we probably need to look at doing a better job of hiding ourselves in the future, though right now it seems that this man I have found it wanting to help us reclaim our home, would that not be the best thing in the world? Though how much we can trust them is still to be seen but I want to put a bit of faith in this man and see if he will help us”

It seemed the candle would speak quickly to the clock, it was obvious from the speed that they were talking that they knew each other from a while back. IT seemed the clock was the more optimistic one of the two of them. As it let its little handle arms come up and rub its chin listening to the words with intrigue and interest. It seemed to be weighing up the options that it had and figuring out if the plan that was being spoken about was the right one or the wrong one, or even if it was possible to do at all. Now that would be something they would have to figure out soon if they wanted to move forward and look for their home.

“Well then, I guess if Yaku here doesn’t mind coming along we can get our home back instead of living out in the cold, rain sometimes and wind. It can be bad for all my gears that much is true. Well I guess we should head there now, on the walk I have a question for each of you I would like you to consider your answer carefully before saying anything.”

The clock spun on its little legs and headed straight in a direction that was close to the waterfall it was as if the clock was following the water down slowly the candle glancing back and hopping along with his brother as the two of them begun to whisper things between them during this short period as they walked in a diffraction, it was now down to see if the two leaf Shinobi would be following them in that same direction. The clock turned around and looked towards Umashi and Yaku it seemed to have a game to play with them and an answer that it wanted.

“Who are you”

The question aimed towards Umashi and obviously it wasn’t as easy as it seemed on the service, as it turned its attention back to Yaku.

“What do you want”

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Like clockwork, soon Yaku and . . . what quite literally was a talking clock walked through the brush and up to Umashi and Joka. As interesting a sight as it was, Umashi was slowly but surely getting used to the idea that there were simply talking appliances wandering around the fire country. With a bit of a nonverbal nod towards Kishin, Umashi would simply stare in amazement as the two brothers began chatting away concerning the two shinobi. It was only when the question was flipped back to Umashi that he actually snapped out of his mesmerized state and realized that they were indeed talking to him. 'Who was he?' The question although innocenet enough was just the sort of question that Umashi hated in situations like this. It was clear and obvious that they weren't just asking about his name but that they wanted to know more about him.

Looking down at his medical garb, and the clean and crisp nature of them, Umashi smirked and shook his head as if he had nothing more to say other than what he did.
"My name is Umashi and I am the Nidaime Hokage of Konoha . . . that shinobi village right over yonder." Pointing in the given direction of the village, Umashi instantly got to thinking more about the question. Unlike most, Umashi wasn't keen on name dropping just to name drop. He preferred if people liked and disliked him based off of what they came to know about him, not because he was a living Hokage. Outed as he was, he looked to Kishin. Hopefully the guy wouldn't be too surprised that it was the Hokage that was chasing him about and ruining his evening. Whatever the case, Umashi listened on as he tried to anticipate what the talking objects were getting at. As far as Umashi was concerned, if fighting squirrels was the point of it all then standing around shooting the breeze probably wasn't going to get the task completed any quicker.

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This...this wasn't a genjutsu? Or if it was, it was amazingly powerful. He put his hands back at his side as they crossed the bush line and he know saw the kin of the clock, the small shiny candle stick holder. He looked towards Umashi, giving him a small nod then stopped watching as the two figurines made contact. He started speaking about how he had found, guessing Umashi, someone to help them reclaim their home. The young lad pictured again talking furniture filling a tiny peewee playhouse. And somehow, he became a participant of this helpful endeavor. After he finished, the small trinket looked at him and Kishin bowed, "Greetings, my name is Yaku Kish...in.." His face contorted slightly as if flinching and then he looked up now at Umashi. Umashi knew his last name now. 'Shit, maybe..maybe he didn't know his sister? He wouldn't be able to put two and two together? Surely my luck isn't that bad..still.. Fu.' He looked back at the small ornament and smiled, "I would be happy to help you as well." Then he started to walk around behind Umashi, though circling slightly behind him.

They continued to talk as he walked and just as he was about to reach his spot the clock turned toward them a spoke. He started to head out and the boy followed behind. As they exited the treeline, entering the falls area the clock turned and asked them a question. First, he asked Umashi who he was. Fantastic! Perhaps now he would finally know where he had heard the name before. It had been on the tip of his tongue the whole time but he just couldn't remember. He then asked Kishin, what he wanted? The boy tilted his head, pondering what he was asking. Did he want to know his immediate want was, or what brought him here in the first place? Or was it more generalized..maybe..did the clock know of what the boy sought after? He looked towards Umashi, again thinking this was possibly a plot. And that feeling only grew worse as the words Umashi uttered struck hard.

'The Hokage! The god damn Hokage! Shit, that is where I remember it from. He was the prior Hokage. He..he was the one that would most certainly know..damn, he knows my name!' Kishin was slightly worried and bewildered, and excited. Here he was, alone with a target of importance. He just might be the best person to...question the whereabouts of his sister, Sara. But then as well, he now knew or rather could put together the relationship between him and his sister. He had been careful for so long to keep it secret, just to blurt it out to the worst person possible. But..maybe..he would get lucky and not remember his sister. No! That would certainly be worse. He needed to know his sister, it would be unforgivable if he didn't! He really should have gone with the other last name, his real one. But it was to late to think such now. Nothing could fix this. He was in a pinch now.

Kishin stayed awfully quite as they trekked across towards the falls. As one of them would turn towards the boy as if wanting a response, the young man blurted out, "Freedom..I, I guess that would be the best word for what I wish. Freedom from what it is I am...um..looking for. The freedom to do what it is I need." His words grew quieter as he spoke. He felt like he was giving to much away. He felt more and more like this might just have been a trap. He felt this wasn't going to end in his favor.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It seemed that the plants where walking through the forest with a quickening pace, it seemed that each of them had a purpose as they wanted to see what the humans would be up to it seemed that they had a goal to make sure things worked well. It seemed that part of their plan was to get their home back as they contained walking for a while the clock seemed to shake its body or you could say its head as it was walking knowing full well that it was not the answers that it was wanting a small frown to come on its face in a few seconds as it allowed itself to wait patiently and see what was going on.

The two of them lead the other Shinobi to a cave it seemed the entrance was dark, and the cave would be cramped for them, though they had a walk inside to go the sound of dripping water echoed out of the entrance, it seemed that they had still been working on a few things when they had this, the dark hole let a small draft come from it, as he allowed himself to look the clock seemed to stop himself in those few seconds. Pondering on what to do it was clear that they still had a lot of work ahead of them, though what they needed to get done would be for the Shinobi that was in front of them. They had to take this task and no-one else would be able to complete it. Both the clock and the candle stick stopped their movements as they stood in the front of the cave, it seemed that they had reached their destination and where now preparing for the two shinobi to allow them to take their home back it was the request that had been made earlier.

“It seems we have arrived, inside you will find resistance we ask that you take nothing and just clear the cave out for us without damaging anything. Please complete this request as this is the deal that we spoke about, inside it is dark so be careful and if anyone can help us we are putting our trust into both of you Humans, my brother seems to thing you can do it, but I am still unsure to be honest with you. We will see if it was worth trusting you”

It seemed that the candle was still distrusting in both of them, he would want to see them prove themselves before he would be trust them, though the clock still was not happy with the answers from earlier and would once more repeat himself in that split seconds before they decided to enter the cave.

“Before you go, I want to know from you once more now think about this truly and let it come from the deepest place. Umashi forget what ranks or names you are…..who are you?. Yaku forget the picture of freedom, what do you really want deep down?”

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
With the most obvious answer apparently not working, Umashi thought longer about the question being asked. Apparently the clock wanted something that was beyond the mere surface, of which Umashi could completely understand. As he thought about it, the fact of the matter was that Umashi was many things, a pirate, a shinobi, a leader and a father. To separate one of the things from all of the things would be tantamount to getting rid of all of them. Opening his mouth, Umashi stopped as he started and then stopped before answering. Before entering the cave, he definitely understood needing to make sure that one was aware of their allies and if this was going to be the next leg of the journey then he needed things to be completely understood. Always having been a complex person, Umashi blamed his surroundings for the man that he'd become. At one point while a pirate he'd been the sort of villain that terrorized the seas beyond, now as a Hokage he was a symbol of hope.

Turning towards the clock and putting a hand to his chin to scratch it in thought, Umashi finally gave a response that he'd be happy of.
"I've been many things in my life, a pirate, a medic, a leader and a father . . . I am who or what I need to be for the given situation. If you need me to be a leader then I'll lead, if you need me to be a follower than I will follow. A sword, a shield, a lance or a bow, while the role may change from day to day or moment to moment, I will never be rigid in who or what I need to be to protect the ones that look to me for protection. Names may come and go but my ability to be who I need to be and to become who or what I need to become will not change." While it may have seemed cheesy or something said for kicks and giggles, the fact of the matter was that it was exactly the sort of person that Umashi was. He would have long been a passage in the history books if otherwise. When Kishin would give his answer, Umashi would usher him to him so that they could come up with a plan of attack while entering the cave. "Let's observe first . . . maybe we can come to some sort of agreement before coming to blows with them." Umashi really didn't want to have to fight anybody today, much less a bunch of squirrels.

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
They were both disappointed in the responses given. Though, the young lad wasn't sure of why? His answer was truthful. Or rather..well it was truthful. Perhaps he didn't say his reasons of why he wanted such. Perhaps he didn't understand them to much either. He wanted to find his sister, and be free of the thoughts of her demise. That was his number one goal. Beyond that, he wasn't sure. His search was taking everything from him. Though it was hard to survive on such. If she was alive, he wanted to tell her whom he was eventually. Perhaps being free to make a happier life. But, if for she were dead. He wanted the freedom of that knowledge, for he would obliterate all whom stood in his way that were related to such an unfortunate event. He would enjoy watching their life vanish from their eyes, their hearts slow, the air leave their lungs as he ripped his hand through their chests. He wanted to take their very souls. He wanted..He wanted to ask Umashi what he knew.

Though, he also didn't want Umashi or anyone from leaf to dig into his past to deeply. He had done things, things so inhuman that would turn ones hair white. He killed innocence at a whim, and followed what he considered to be the worst of humanity and civilized life. Yes, he did it forcefully, but he also took joy in it. He still took joy in it, though he hadn't acted on his lust yet. Not yet, but he has wanted to. He pictured the family that were within that old Yamanaka flower shop. If he were still in the Earth country, he would have burned the place to the ground. Sent the children into the earth, crushing them, suffocating them slowly. And the woman...the unspeakable things he would have done. And he wouldn't have stopped their. Anyone that tried to stop him would be deemed to a similar fate.

And their was one thing he was sure of, their was no psycho therapeutic healing mumbo-jumbo to heal that need. That desire. Hell, he even had those thoughts about Yumi, the current kage!

The young boy looked at Umashi, 'No..perhaps she was the wrong person to think such of. She might know where Sara was, but he. He was the one that was in charge during those secret operations. Wait...that's right. He was Sennin their too! He..he was also her superior in Iwagakure!' Kishin deactivated his Byakugan, though not of his own whims. Confusion was starting to take it's grip.

"Freedom is what I want! Though I guess you might want the deeper meaning behind that it sounds. Well...Ya! You know what.. Since..since the cat's out of the bag already, I..I guess I might as well let it all the way out, huh." His breathing was heavy, he was certainly wound up. He looked at Umashi, "Now that I know who the exactly hell you are. I..I want to know where you fua...kin.." He looked at the clock and the candle stick holder, 'No..this isn't the right time for such. Not yet at least.' "I want..I..um. A fam..no. My Family. I want to find my sist..family... er um..I..father?! And...and.. I want..I want to be accepted. No. Not want. I need those things. I need to know where she...he..they are! I need a future as well. My freedom would be finishing my quest to find my family members within Konoha, and then finding a place to call Home. A home that would help me with....a home that I could help." So many pauses, so much indecisiveness, so much rage. The general story was released, the specifics within but said softly enough to cause confusion. Irrationality from the young boy whom looked and spoke as such, like that of a small child.

Feelings..feelings were something not tolerated when he was in Iwagakure. If he had them, he would be disciplined. Well, except one feeling. All others weren't allowed. So, this was his first time to express himself openly, in front of another. And that other, just so happened to be one whom he now knew to be someone of interest, someone of consequence, someone that he might have hated just as much..no. That wasn't right. Not as much as the Yamanaka. He understood Umashi didn't go to such lengths. Perhaps that was why, the reason he responded as such. Still, those old feelings were still as strong as ever in him. And any emotion surfacing always brought up that of which was cultivated.

He stopped looking Umashi in the eyes, and avoided that contact then on. He couldn't look at him, or he was sure the rage would grow. He should confront him after this. Why not before? Why? Because, he hadn't forgotten the original reason why he had come here. And he needed it more then ever. He wanted to end his maddened ways. He wanted Konoha to be his home. But if he confronted this man, Umashi, he wasn't in any condition to hold himself back if the news wasn't to his liking. Kishin was breathing hard, hyperventilating. He closed his eyes, a small tear coming to the corners. He needed to gather himself. He needed to regain control..

Umashi spoke, trying to lead them towards the goal that they both said they would help with. He breathed in deeply then out quickly, he tried to look towards Umashi but stopped. "Of,..of course. Le.." Lead the way? He couldn't say it. He couldn't say the last few words. He still was trying to get control. "O, Okay. Go ahead."

[spoilername="Notes to self"]Mention that seeing the clock and candle stick surged similar emotions of wanting to find family, rebuild/reclaim home. 6th Paragraph needs to be reasserted at some point.[/spoilername]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It seemed that the clock and candle just allowed the outburst to happen without any reply or repercussion it seemed that they had expected the answers though how much of this could be down to their own unique abilities would still not be clear to either of the ones that were currently with them. It seemed that the dark and damp cave held the answers they would want yet if they would manage to find the answers or not was a second matter. As the candle and clock turned themselves around to face the two people now and they continued to look at them for a few seconds as if they where both sharing thoughts together before addressing the two Shinobi that where with them.

“Well that seemed like the honest answers, I do appreciate that much if I am being honest, we wanted to know from the bottom of your heart the answers to our questions. There is no point lying to us or those that are with you on the answers you give, it causes friction and this cave will take advantage of that. Remember when you enter inside you will see things move, hear whispers but take nothing from inside or it will cost you dearly for it.”

It seemed the candle was giving its first warning, the answers to progress inside of the cave had been met, but not it seemed that this cave was not what it appeared to be on the outside, the question was how would the two of them tackle it, since it was clear the clock and the candle would not be going inside with the other two. Instead they would be standing on the outside and waiting to see fi they came back. And that If would be a big word right now considering they knew what was inside and it was not for those with a faint heart.

“Remember that your eyes can play tricks on you, this is always being the case, remember to focus on what is real and what haSsdsddsappens next will be down to both of you to figure out, but know your truths are the first start on this journey it will come down to you to see it to the end, good luck to both of you. Be prepared and be fully equipped ready to handle the situation at hand, It was nice meeting you both and hopefully you come back to us.”

It seemed that the two of them would have to enter alone, and with little to no information about what was waiting for them, it seemed that in this situation they were on their own and that was what it decided to be come. Though the candle and the clock seemed to actually have a small amount of care for them, it was a bud of a relationship and had not fully developed yet, it seemed that they had a lot more work to do. The first cave would test all of that and see the true potential that they had.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nodding at the instructions given, Umashi began to think of a possible plan before he entered the cave with the other shinobi. "You know, we should probably at least be on the defensive and expect danger. Right now we can't afford to goof this up." Without asking for too much more, Umashi made a few hand seals and created two lightly glowing green auras that surrounded him and Kishin. "This ought to keep us safe from any initial attacks. Just don't go punching things or it'll break!" Like a good medic, Umashi figured that by applying a pristine aura to the both of them, that they'd both be able to avoid too dangerous a blow and they'd also be able to keep a clear focus concerning any dangerous illusions that might spring up. It was normally pretty easy to spot a fake, but under the cover of a dark cave, an enemy might be able to get the best of them.

Starting to walk, Umashi took the lead in going through the cave. Though he wasn't exactly the most invulnerable person, he did feel somewhat responsible for the young man that was accompanying him. Though he wasn't sure what they'd find, the fact tha thte candlestick holder and the clock were being rather ominous about the entire situation led him to believe that they weren't going to exactly find any squirrels. Of course there was also the fear that this could all be an elaborate hoax and they were simply walking to their doom willingly, but Umashi was willing to give the proverbial dog a bone and go with the benefit of the doubt. The odds were that this was simply one more leg on a rather interesting journey. Wishing to make small talk, Umashi spoke up to Kishin.
“So . . . about your family. They alright?” It had seemed that the guy was in a bit of a bind and if Umashi could help, then he’d certainly do his best to help them out.

OOC: Using Pristine Aura, master rank on Kishin and I. Entering the cave.
https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?p=1198#p1198

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'So rely on the person next to you, or shit will go down slash the cave will eat you. Got it.' It was a warning given by the candle stick holder. It would have been more helpful if he told him what was to come, or rather what was it that he was seeking. Kishin had a feeling that they both knew what it was within. Then, the clock responded, and he heeded his words more greatly..

Be wary of what you see, lies are to be avoided and expected, though I decide our path in the end. But, it was the first part that bothered him the most. "This is always being the case." Was that referring to "eyes playing tricks"? Or "ones within the cave it will always lie"? He turned away from the two brothers and followed behind Umashi. Again, not because he saw him as the leader, but..safety reasons.

After a short distance he still dwelt on the words said. He had used his ninjutsu to cancel genjutsu before, but it hadn't an effect. He concentrated his chakra again and tried to remove any genjutsu within. He had an eerie feeling of what was to come and hoped it wouldn't be so. Though he knew truths as well. Truths he still hid from Umashi. Truths hidden from the brothers..

Umashi spoke and cast a jutsu on Kishin. Rather on the both of them. He looked at his body and that of Umashi, trying to identify what the jutsu was. It appeared to be a defensive based jutsu of some sort. He hadn't a great knowledge of defensive jutsu, perhaps it was something the man depended on greatly? He hadn't a clue how his companion fought. It would be a first really, to depend on another for anything. The young lad had always gone at situations of danger alone. Depending only on himself to lead him forward. "Hmm, so is that literal? The punching thing?" A small sense of urgency could be felt when he asked his second question, for obvious reasons.

He had no bond to this man, though apparently the man felt some towards him. He had no jutsu to use on the man, and no inclination to do such. He cared more for his own safety, using his right eye to allow sight of all within the dark cave, especially behind him as Umashi covered the front. His other eye, could see just how dark it really was, a slight sense of the area could be felt but nothing grand or obvious. This wasn't a safe place, though not dangerous in appearance. So what was ahead was more of a mystery. And since so he felt a slight anger towards him, the only bond being he needed him for answers more then anything, so let him go first. Perhaps after solving this mystery, the man would feel acclimated enough to reveal all that Kishin wanted, all he needed. As he had revealed what he considered to much to soon for no payback. That of course, made the next thing said by Umashi a difficult thing to answer..

"Hrmm.." That was his initial response to the man's inquiry. A soft growl being given as he did give it. He walked for a few moments dwelling on the candle sticks words before answering with reluctance. "I don't know.. My mother sacrificed herself for us...sist..sister has vani...I..I don't know where.." The last part having been difficult to speak of. He was going to save this conversation for later but if he wanted to know, perhaps it should just be said. "Last known I could find was she participated in a covert operation. Lead by..you." That last part wasn't a lie, though was taken in the sense of, he was Kage at the time, and was told to participate under most likely his orders.

He didn't ask any questions in return. Though his pattern of speech and mannerisms were in line with, you know and I will find out.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It seemed that both Shinobi where entering the face, though they wanted conversation the dark and dank smells from the cave warned of something lurking within that even the candle and the clock did not want to go near. It seemed that they had been selected for this trial if one could call it that to try and find the truth to what was happening. It seemed that the cave went deep and further into the ground than anyone would imagen, it seemed that they would have to look around for the answers and find out what was really happening inside. Though whispers and echoes came from every direction it seemed that voices and eyes were watching the two of them from all angles.

Laughter allowed the cave to sound like it was a concert hall at that split second, it seemed that everyone had something that they wanted to say as the whispers became apparent and clear it soon became well known to them that each step they took in this cave meant that they were not alone, each part of this cave held something different and secrete inside of it, it seemed that each part of the cave had a different aura about it, each object gleamed inside of the cave.

“You enter without wanting or need, you come here and desecrate that shrine, for no reason you have vandalised our sacred place, without need and you expect us to stay silent?”

“You have done the unthinkable and for that you will know the suffering that comes with the punishment you must meet, we apologize but there is nothing for it now prepare yourselves for what may come, it seemed that you must learn for your mistakes and we will help with this educating of both of you”

Noise echoed from inside the cave as it seemed the very cave walls were moving and in a sense, they were, two giant solders of marble walked around the corner, these sentinel samurai where walking towards the two people that were facing them. They allowed their swords to come out and draw from their holster, it seemed that they had sharpened blades even from the stone as they marched forward, it seemed clear that they were intent on causing damage and suffering to those that were around. Their faces turned to face the two people that had entered the cave as they walked towards them with purpose strides.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Unable to discern just where the sound was coming from, Umashi initially stopped moving just long enough to check his surroundings. It wasn't until he saw the hulking figures of the marble samurai walking towards them that he realized that a battle probably couldn't be avoided. Speaking first to Yaku, Umashi tried to discern where his head was at. Like a dog barking, these samurai could just as easily be a distraction or simply trying to scare them off. "Try to disarm them! Do not strike until they attempt to strike us. This is not our home and we don't know the rules." Upon issuing the semi-command, Umashi went on the defensive, prepping a deflection if an opening presented itself. Still trying to use his words before his fist, Umashi reached out to the soldiers. "Hello!?! Hey, yeah . . . we don't mean any harm. We're just trying to talk to the ones who inhabit this place. Our goal is to pursue peace, please, let's talk!" In a not so elegant way, Umashi expressed his intentions but there wasn't a guarantee that they'd take him up on his offer. When considering the entire ordeal including the fact that they'd already pissed off a talking candlestick and a clock, the odds were high that not everything was as it appeared and that the two soldiers could be brought to reason. Sending chakra into his fingertips, Umashi began to lower chakra strings from them. Though he hadn't perfected his technique, he could just possibly be quick enough to pull of a sly maneuver.

OOC: Prepping Channel Puppet in order to RPly try and redirect any weapon attacks made against Umashi and Kishin
https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?p=271461#p271461

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Echos of nothingness, the feeling of dread. The darkness can play such tricks upon the mind. Though, he couldn't be sure that this was a joke made by the darkness of the mind. It was then, that movement was observed. Two voices called out from the shadows of the cave, though to him they were brighter then the sun. The two hulking figures moved about, the walls of the cave coming to life. Kishin's face turned to that of a smile, finally something had shown itself. Something tangible. The smile turned to a sinister grin as chakra flooded the young man's hands. Just as he was about to open his mouth, the Kage spoke dishing out commands. Kishin clinched his fists, disturbed by the mans lack of taking action upon figures that threatened them so.

They spoke of protecting a shrine, something perhaps holy to them, yet the two that sent them on this adventure called them invaders from his understanding. Truth be told, he knew very little of the situation. All he knew was that the two wished to return home, and it was within the depths of this cavernous system. Kishin was just along for the ride, as Umashi was given the depths of this task. Was he here to protect the man that could just as easily be considered his enemy? His grin stayed true, and he stood in his place and raised his hand. "Very well then. Defense it is. After you.."

Protection wasn't what he had in mind of course. If the Kage wished to confront this enemy first, then so be it. He seemed or at least the boy hoped he was capable enough to take at least a single blow. He didn't want the man to die before he could learn what was needed. With his hand out front as if conveying an acceptance of Umashi proceeding first, his hand shifted in the wind forming one handed seals. Chakra also flooding his gaze. 'Interaction with one would be enough for this situation. Perhaps taking the punishment from both would be a little much.' His jutsu would be set to unleash upon a movement of striking.

From his eyes, after one of them should attack, the other being targeted.
Body Bind - A Rank - Mastered
A technique allows the user paralyze and restrain their target with a simple look of the eye. Once in use, this freezes up and locks the muscles and chakra of a target, preventing them from moving or acting in any shape or form.

Created behind my body, being used to send out to defend or deflect attacks to Umashi (single shield at a time) or myself (multiple at a time).
Chakra Shield - B Rank - Mastered
Several diamond shaped shields of chakra are created directly in front of the user, which can either be used as bladed weapons or floating barriers.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The two bone behemoths advanced forward as they allowed themselves to make eye contact with the enemy, it was clear that they considered them a threat or if that was the case then it would be a situation that would expand every quickly from this point forward. It seemed that the giant statues stopped in their tracks in that split second as they just stood back in a silent and dormant shape it was clear that they still where being the watching guardians of the place that they stood at, knowing full well that there was still a lot of work to be done it was clear that they had still a while to go till the two of them would be uncovering the truth of this cave.

When the Jutsu had been cast in the shadow and the time had passed it seemed that the statues stayed dormant and did not move, they had stopped there advance in a split second they stood like the sentinels that they should have been the stones gently pulsating with the flames of near by lamps that radiated off them it seemed that what ever had been done had stopped the group from progressing further. It seemed that they still had another message to send out though how much of that was meant for those that were intruding into their own domain would be clear.

From behind them it seemed that the walls where moving as two more of the soldier like statues burst free from the rocks that chained them in place, as they moved forward in that split second their heads turned to face the direction of the two people that stood in their home. These where unlike the other ones both holding what could be described as huge Katana’s compared to what they normally had. Each of them stood inches before the two intruders as if they were studying them with each split second that went by, it was clear that they were pondering what to say as one of them glanced at the other one.

“So, you want to come inside our home, then demand to speak to the owner. That seems rude doesn’t it, it’s like kicking down the front door and expecting for dinner on the table waiting. Its absurd yet both of you should know better, how would you like it if I came to your house and kicked your door in and then expect to be greeted by the person that owns the house?”

“It seems strange that this is how they operate, they have no respect for anyone else and it seems that they expect to then be waited on hand and foot to be respected for their efforts. That is something that I cannot agree with and it is something that I find disrespectful.”

“True but maybe we should take them to see the master, that way she can give judgement on their intrusion what do you think brother I feel that is fair?”

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Finding it odd that everything that they were running into seemed to have a brother, Umashi spoke up if nothing but to state the truth that he'd been living for quite some time. "Uhh, I'm actually homeless . . . the house is in my wife's name . . . but that's neither here nor there." Laughing nervously, Umashi moved a hand behind his back to nervously scratch at the back of his neck. Looking to Kishin, Umashi dropped the ruse upon noticing that the guy was as serious as always. Shaking his head and refraining from taking a step forward in order to better speak up, Umashi spoke from where he stood, thankful that Kishin could also play the defensive roll as well. "I'll be honest, maybe we could have gone about the whole entrance thing a bit differently, but honestly, we're here because some friends of ours told us that this used to be their home. Whoever we need to talk to, whoever we need to work with, we're willing to do it. In the end, much like our village Konoha, we're trying to pursue peace in order to change the old way of doing things, namely, taking by force." If being honest didn't help, then there probably wasn't going to be much of a next move so far as it seemed. They hadn't made it that deep into the cave and fighting their way into and out of it was out of the question.

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
If for they had breath, he would have struck them in their faces, having been so close. Though Umashi hadn't moved, they hadn't attacked, and though the situation felt like it was getting worse, the young lad felt he could manage plainly in this situation. 'Worse comes to worse..I can abandon U..damnit I can't. Grr.' He breathed in deeply then out, sighing deeply, for if dust laid on the figure it would have been blown off for how close they were.

The figures spoke, Umashi spoke, at first a joke. Kishin smirked at his joke, simple because he was in a similar position, but also, "But didn't those guys, um Torikkusutā and that..candle thingy say come in and.." He broke off slightly unsure of how to proceed with the situation. He could escape, but he would lose Umashi, and he couldn't have that just yet. He could fight, but given how those things came off the walls, and the voices from before, an army may have stood behind them. It was a hard thing to think about, being stuck between a ... and a hard place.

Umashi spoke to all in attendance, and was trying to be diplomatic to meet whom ran the place. Was it the rock figures? They seemed to be more guardians then inhabitors, the lights and them living in the rock and all. Were..were they sentient? Wait..were they like those two that sent them here? But..well rock does count as being something old.. He decided to join in in the attempt to find the one whom was this master. "We will also be happy to repair any damage we have done to...that shrine? the other two spoke of." What ever that meant.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It seemed that the statues where not impressed with the responses they had but a little laughter that echoed around the cave made them stop what they were doing, it seemed at least someone was getting the full experience from this entire situation. It seemed that the laughter echoed around the cave though the statues didn’t flinch didn’t even react to the noise it was something that they had heard time and time again and something that they where used to. It seemed that they just accepted this noise or even respected it. Allowing themselves to stay silent as they listened to the words of both people inside of the cave.

“Well don’t these two looks like they could be fun to play with, wouldn’t you agree lets just see how much fun we can have since they did come inside my home. I think we should look at playing a game, call it peace at that and make sure that we don’t do anything stupid and this way my boys will stay off your back, so what do you say. Do you fancy a little fun game that can make all of this situation that so much better or shall we continue down this path?”

Once the female voice had finished talking it was clear that the statues that where moving where something to do with her, though both of them stood dormant and unspeaking it was clear that they still had something planned that could be seen in their own movements, the very looks that they gave as well as how they posed themselves, weapons ready and prepared one of the heads snapped down to face the two of them, the movement human like and nothing that could have been expected of a stone giant. As a familiar smirk came on the lips something that could be considered sinister though probably would be something the group would have to answer later, it stood ready for an answer waiting to see what would now take place.

“So shall we play a game, or would you prefer we settle this matter with fists, you heard mistress she has decided. Now is the time to pick what you have decided to do in return, remember this option will change the fate of everything. So what will it be”

“We could start killing them now, but I suppose it is better to wait, though how long I can retain my patience is another question on its own”

It seemed that the voices and they way they spoke would be very familiar to both Shinobi here, though would they catch on that there was more to this situation than just a simple game would be something time would tell. As the four statues stood around them dormant and waiting for answers all there weapons prepared to fight it was clear that they would be pressed into making a decision quickly. Which option would they pick, and how would things go was not certain right now.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Shrugging and taking a look at Kishin, Umashi was at a loss for words. He didn't quite know what kind of game that they were playing but he also didn't want to appear as completely lost as he truly was. Looking back to the two statues, Umashi gave an answer. "Sure, let's play a game, although I'll warn you that I'm a master at rolling dice!" Putting on a bit of bravado, Umashi chuckled nervously as he wondered what the rules of the game would be. Yomi had long since gotten on his case about putting his life in danger without understanding all the rules in place but there were simply some situations where it was best to throw caution to the wind and simply jump in with both feet. All of the voices around them seemed to swirl in an almost hypnotizing tone as the acoustics of the cave weren't lost on him. If they were playing at trying to get the creepy award for the day, they'd certainly earned it, but hopefully Kishin was doing a lot better mentally then Umashi was. What he didn't want to happen was a scared false move to be their last move.

OOC: Agreeing to play the game.

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The odd smile was met with one of it's own from the young boy. He uttered under his breath, "I thought we were playing..?" The look of his face, and the sound of his voice if it could so be heard (given a cave it most certainly was) more smug in appearance, as if to say 'do with as you wish'. Within, Kishin could care less to what the situation was going to have come. By the bravado of the stone statues speaking, a fight was most certainly going to go down, even if the game came to an end. If they so wished to put it on pause, then so be it. He was more enamored though with the idea of a fight. He truly did want his question to be answered. Did stone people bleed? Was it mud? Or perhaps sand?

He didn't respond though to the question put forth, in his stead, Umashi was the one whom spoke. After all, why should he respond? As a Kage, he was the face of Konoha, the ambassador, the one to put forth effort into keeping the village safe. And if he chose a path of death, he wouldn't be doing his job. Though, of course...it was Kishin's job to keep the man alive. Maybe? Well..it wasn't a requirement given to him, though maybe implied? Well..the young boy wasn't going to die so chances are Umashi wouldn't either.

Kishin just shrugged.

(if need be, my answer is yes if needing to be said)

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It seem that when the two of them agreed to play the game something shifted in the situation, something had changed and it was clear. The air seemed to be cold and the atmosphere had seemed to have changed completely in those few seconds, gone was the fun and games that was happening before they had made a choice now where they going to live with that choice that was a completely different situation that they would now have to get themselves in for. It seemed that the statues backed away going to stand in a square like shape around those inside of it as a voice that was new echoed around the walls of the cave the giants stood silent and dormant.

“Answer me these riddles and we will meet face to face, fail these and you will die in this cave, so these are the three simple things that you must know. Let us start with the first one, you buy me to eat, but never eat me. What am I?. The Second one now is as follows pay attention, The maker doesn’t want it, the buyer doesn’t use it and the user doesn’t know it. What is it? And finally the last riddle for you to answer me. I fly without wings and cry without eyes. What am I?”

It seemed the voice went silent, this was them going to be the riddles that they would need, it seemed that they had found them in a positions when riddles where important and the answers would decide what happened form this point on, though the guess of it was if the answer was wrong what would happen, three chances at it what was required of each of them would be an answer. They had to understand the question and had to figure it out quickly as the statues stood dormant, they each had a sword drawn.

The sword was held in front of them and each one glared down at the group of two that was inside of the cave. It seemed they had been challenged, they had been tried now they were going to be tested in this last stage the answer would be if they were able to figure out the riddle quickly. The dormant soldiers would be watching and making sure that they each gave an answer and followed the rules of the game that they wouldn’t understand.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Until that moment, Umashi had never realized how much he hated riddles. They often were easy to poke holes in and sometimes the answers were so obscure that it was infuriating enough to make him want to punch things. Uneasily smirking, Umashi shook his head and looked to Kishin as he thought about the answers. The first one definitely sounded like it would apply to plates, but the whole of the idea was thrown out the window by the advent of chefs putting soup in bread bowls. The second one was probably some sort of bed . . . but then again, there was the idea of vampires . . . and they could see their final resting places. Shaking his head Umashi tapped his knuckles quickly along the side of his head as if to try and knock some sense into himself. Thinking of the third riddle, Umashi was even more cynical, were they referring to a cold can of Red Bull with condensation dripping from it, or were they trying to say that the famed super heroes of comic book lore could cry? Teetering on more than one opinion, Umashi spoke to Kishin quickly. "I'm thinking plates for the first one, a coffin for the second one, and a cold market saturating energy drink for the third one . . . that or maybe a super hero . . . a cloud . . . Kumo-nin . . . uhhh, something. I don't know man, some of these just don't make all that much sense. Vampires debunk the whole second one to no end!" Shrugging, Umashi left the final reasoning up to Kishin to answer. He'd given the guy a good start but if they were going to make it out without having to beat up these sword wielding fanatics then they'd better be answering the questions correctly.

OOC: Kishin, halp me out bro!!!

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back