Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Announcing the SENNIN GAMES!

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"And yeah, I think she's single. You should go ask her out, a young buck like you should have no issue reeling in a catch like that, yeah?" Though Sora heard the whole sentence, his brain momentarily stopped processing everything after Kaen mentioned that the pink haired beauty that was her. "Oh, wow...I guess that I ought to..." About to agree to something that he wasn't quite surely what he was agreeing too, Sora's brain finally caught up to the conversation and stopped him just short of writing a check that his body couldn't cash. "Wait a second, what did you just...her name is Yukina? Yu..ki..na...Yukina. That's a pretty name." Perhaps it was the still growing crowd or perhaps Sora's nerves got to the best of him but somehow he managed to pull himself from the black hole that was a young puppy love to focus on the seriousness of the situation.

"Ok, focus Sora!" Speaking to himself, he lightly slapped his cheeks and shook his head as he tried to focus. "I guess that I should probably train, huh?" Though he was speaking to Kaen, he took the time to do a simple scan of those who had gathered. Enough of the faces look familiar enough from the academy but considering that he he was still relatively a no-name himself, he suddenly realized just how tall a task it would be for him to even remotely have a chance in the Sennin Games. "Yep, I'm going to have to really focus on more than just hitting the books." Though Sora was confident in his abilities and he certainly was sure that Suigetsu could hold his own, the fact of the matter was that for far too long, Sora had focused more on the mystery surrounding his origin more so than actually trying to make a name for himself in Suna. All of that was surely about to change. "I'll be seeing you around, pops. You'd better not be rusty when we next meet!" Smirking, he gave a curt nod to Kaen and ran off to get ready for the games.

OOC: Topic left unless stopped.

Tsurara Moriko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
It had been a long time since Moriko had seen the Kazekage in person, so it didn't seem like a bad idea to go to the impending announcement.

"Hm, I wonder what that's all about," Tsukiya said with a sense of leaden irony as they caught the talk of the crowd. He was helping her push through the crowd so she didn't have to bump too many people, as she had not wanted to stand with other members of her family.

He of course knew very well what it might have been; Moriko had told him everything about the mission that had served as her promotion to Genin with the Kazekage, including how he had been bitten by a particularly toxic creature and seemed weakened from it. But it wouldn't be a good idea to throw that one around to people who didn't already know. Especially civilians, who never would have any need to know.

Off to the left side were a smaller cluster of light blue heads, and Moriko deliberately tugged Tsukiya in the other direction.

They had both gotten taller and stronger in the last couple of years, though she was starting to outpace him in height and him her in strength. They had also started dating, run more than one mission together, and well, it was honestly better than Moriko (as a general cynic) could possible have expected. Obviously her mother had never had this level of understanding and synchronization with her father. Why would you give that up by running if you did?

(To be fair, it probably wasn't 'running' in the common ninja parlance as to her knowledge, Moriko's father had not been a ninja. He had just moved away with her twin. Objecting to the Tsurara lifestyle for his son--but not for his daughter, apparently. Swell. Moriko was glad she hadn't been taken, but also somewhat bitter that she hadn't been considered important enough to take. Clearly one take-away was 'don't marry a civilian.')

They found a spot on the right-hand side of the crowd, on the edge so Moriko could have Tsukiya between her and people who might touch her (by accident was not as bad, but it was still an irritance she could do without). It was the little things, really.

They watched, both of them cataloguing everything, she knew--her the details of the speech, him the body language and the reactions of the crowd.

"Going to try?" Tsukiya asked in a low tone after the initial speech concluded, inaduble save to her over the sounds of the crowd.

She sniffed. "I don't see why I would embarrass myself like that. I'm not yet on the level of the people they'd actually want as Sennin. Don't tell me you're considering it for yourself!"

"Mm, maybe," he said, but his tone was idle enough that she knew he wasn't really interested--or else he'd have been all-in. Likely he thought the same as her. "Do you think they only look for strength and experience?"

"Experience, yes," Moriko said. She brushed her hair back. "I think that part is likely important. You don't think he actually meant that part?"

"My read is that he does," Tsukiya said. He tilted his head, watching the stage still as the Kazekage's assistant answered questions. "It's an optimistic notion, but I believe he intends to find people who are reliable. Rather than simply entrenched and experienced. Tradition isn't a reason for anything--and given that he is bucking tradition by holding a contest rather than simply selecting Sennin as his predecessors have? That seems to indicate he means it, yes."

She ruminated on this. While she was thinking, someone actually voiced the question--and the Kazekage's assistant backed it up. Yes, any ninja.

If you believe you are not worthy. If you are not up for the challenge. Hm. She frowned.

"Clever phrasing," Tsukiya said when he noticed her expression. "Weed out those without the true inclination and challenge those who will put their hackles up. It's a light psychological trick, dear. I would wager she is even glad of the question being asked. It gives her a chance to hammer out things that would not have fit into the earlier speech."

"So there can be no doubt," she murmured, still thinking. She ignored the Jounin who was making an ass of himself, even when Tsukiya snorted derisively at the attitude.

"Idiot," Tsukiya said lowly. "If you have been deemed inadequate compared to your peers already, why declare it in front of everyone? He's also just gone and given her another opening to make a point. I have to admit this is well-handled."

Did she want to be a Sennin? Moriko did not think her odds were very good anyway, but taking the chance meant she could possibly succeed, while not doing meant she couldn't. She had pondered the idea of attempting to join an Order, sure, but this...

And did that war with her other inclinations? She had been careful to not develop a reputation for being bloodthirsty, and indeed mostly seemed to be regarded as cold. But she was, and during an intense test she might put that on display. Only...was that a bad thing, at higher ranks? Ninja killed bandits all the time. And monsters. In the light of what they had done on orders the young scuffles she and Tsukiya had had with those back-alley bandits hadn't been that serious.

Well. Never mind the actual actions--the bloodlust for its own sake was the issue.

Wasn't it?

"It's a gamble," she said finally. "There's a reason you don't want to; why doesn't that work for me too?"

"Why indeed?" he said. His smile was slightly crooked, just for her. "The reason in my case is I genuinely prefer to operate around the edges. You don't have that option and never have. You have a need to elevate yourself beyond your family that I don't possess. And even if you aren't chosen--if you attend and do well enough, you'll have done that."

Moriko pursed her lips and glanced at the stage again.

Four months.

"I'll think about it some more," she said finally. "But if I do decide to, you'll have to help me practice and review. It won't be just fighting, but it's likely it'll be a component."

"Agreed," he said solemnly. Just a quirk of a smile on his lips. She reached over and brushed a hand through dark blond hair. "I do mean it, dear."

"I know. With me, you always do." She sighed. "I suppose we hang around until it's definitely done in case there's more useful details."

[Topic Entered]

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
The visage of the Sage would flicker as he vanished reappearing from behind the massive form of Imagawa. While standing at a reasonable 6'2ft Akkuma was not small but by comparison to the individual before him his form was slender in comparison. That waist length white hair draped itself over his extravagant black robes. Those emerald eyes of his gazing up at Yukina as he took the microphone from the reporter. "Yes, I have a couple." he would say calmly as the murmurs began to erupt from those nearest to the Sage. That ominous aura of his emanated from him attempting to engulf those present indiscriminately. "Does this invitation extend to all the denizens of Wind Country? There are beings within these lands that would, I'm sure revel at the opportunity to prove themselves. After all Wind Country is inhabited by more then just humans as we know. If they complied with the terms of this competition could such beings compete?" his words were calm for he believed he knew the answer but wanted to hear it stated. Have it broadcasted to the world. The Sage had little doubt that Yukina did not understand what he meant. These lands were occupied by beast-kin, demons, ancients, kitsune & various other entities. Beings who had for many a generation had no representation in the lands. In fact most if not all having been treated as second class citizens in a caste system.

After all it was common knowledge one could easily acquire such individuals as indentured servants or slaves to be more accurate. While the custom had been frowned upon by such individuals as Sousuke there were still many individuals & organizations that still practiced the abhorrent practice. "Lastly, does Lord Raizo's invitation extend to myself?" he would ask with a devilish grin. Wondering what the response to his public appearance would be, given that when they had last met Raizo had banished him from the village. Murmuring began to break out among the crowd & Akkuma could see nearby shinobi shifting their positioning. Their changes in stance betraying their concerns. Fortunately he had no intention of causing any issues for any of those present. No his curiosity had simply gotten the better of him. There were some habits he couldn't break & this was one such scenario. While it had been true his relationship with the higher ups of Sunagakure had always been complicated & strenuous to say the least. There was little doubt that in his own way the Sage did consider the village home. While he may have been distrusted & regarded with great suspicion by the Sunan higher ups. The denizens have the village had been much more accepting of his services & presence.

Even those like the great Storm Lord had seen fit to seek his aid with personal endeavors. That was without taking into account the various village secrets he had acquired. Not just in regards to the inhabitants of the land, but also those who ruled it. His influence within the village was indisputable, despite the efforts of those who had opposed him. No matter how the event played out it served to only benefit his plans. That emerald gaze of his shifting from Yukina to the area where Raizo was so clearly being contained. Something that was not unnoticed by the Sage. After all what had happened? If only Akkuma had known that Raizo himself had also been present that eventful day at the Terminus facility. Despite what they thought about him his family had embedded itself into the village. While many of his actions had been monstrous the Sage had never actually moved against Sunagakure, at least in any way that had ever been proved. Standing there calmly with that almost infamous Miroku grin plastered upon his face.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back