Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Blossom (Open)

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The brilliant sun shined down on the village, Kaoru lowered her sunhat as she walked through the city. A beautiful day like this couldn't be wasted inside. The young girl eventually found herself in a park. There were not a lot of passerbys in the clearing, but there was a glorious field that seemed to have every flower imaginable. The specks of color made the empty area seem like it was full of life. "Oh wow, what a beautiful garden." she knelt down next to a patch of pastel blue flowers, she tucked her white sundress underneath her.

"These would make a wonderful craft." Carefully the young girl began to weave the small blossoms together, until she had a bracelet. "Ah its so cute!" she said in satisfaction as she put on the makeshift jewerly. "Maybe I'll make another one" with a smile on her face, Kaoru began to make another woven bracelet.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo stared at the scenery around him. It was a nice day, not necessarily because of the weather, but more because his sister was nowhere to be found. “A day like this shouldn’t be wasted.” Tomo made his way to an area his sister rarely visited, the park. Once there he pulled a scroll out of his pocket and unraveled it. On the page was a chibi ink girl. She yawned and rubbed her eyes sleepily. “Good morning Chibi Tama. Would you like to enjoy the park with me?” The girl nodded with joy. Ever since Tomo had created the more ideal sister, he kept Chibi Tama around as a model for his sister in hopes that she would actually take the hint. However, Chibi Tama had her flaws and whenever she got a little too much for Tomo, he’d put her back in the scroll. If only I could do that with the real one…

Tomo tapped Chibi Tama on the head and she popped off the page. She stretched and jumped onto Tomo’s shoulder. “Why don’t we practice painting?” Tomo took out a brush and placed the scroll on the ground. Tomo had difficulty sitting down since he had to wear his miniskirt today. Tama had unfortunately been home when Tomo left so he had to wear his main branch 'uniform.' Tomo looked over the garden. It was quite beautiful with many different colors and shapes of flowers. Tomo took a moment to stare at his drawing tools: a brush, a scroll, and black ink. Hmm…this isn’t going to be easy. Shrugging, Tomo began to paint, first trying to create single flowers. Whenever he was done, he’d bring it to life and place it beside him. Soon he had a nice bouquet of black and white flowers. When he felt a bit more confident, Tomo started to draw the whole landscape. He would stare at it for a few minutes, then lower his head to begin his work. This process continued for an hour.

Tomo took a break momentarily to survey his work. Not bad. Almost complete. I just need to get the few flowers in the ba… Tomo’s thoughts trailed off as he noticed a girl walk into his view, right where the last patch of flowers was. Tomo glared lightly, not at the girl, but at the situation. He watched as the girl lightly sat down and began to make flower jewelry. Sh…she’s picking my landscape apart! And before he could stop himself, Tomo rose from his spot in the foliage. “Hey! Get off my landscape!” Tomo paused and cupped his hand over his mouth. He lightly blushed as he turned his head towards his chibi mascot. “Oops…” Tomo returned his gaze to the girl, hoping he hadn’t scared her too badly.

WC: 436
[MFT]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Long ago according to NIgiri folklore their existed two deities; Kage and Kari. Kage was the black tiger god of strength while his twin sister, Kari, was the white tiger goddess of knowledge. In was the combination of their powers that created chakra. They taught the mortals of the land and man betrayed them. Man used the powers they learned and killed the two gods. However gods do not die easily. Kage and Kari became reformed as new gods. Kage was now the god of nature taking the form of a great oak tree. Kari becomes the goddess of death taking the form of a owl. Her song now guides spirits to the next world. The humans soon found out how foolish it was to kill a god. Even though we betrayed them and killed them, they still take care of us. What forgiveness these gods have.

Within the park was a great oak where a nightingale has made its nest. Shimete went to the park to give her thanks to the two gods and pray for answers. She must know the truth of her two colored eyes; one was blue and the other yellow. This was one of the few times she will be seen without her master beside her. When she got to the part she sees a friend sitting amongst a patch of blue flowers with a what seemed to be a girl yelling at her. She rushed to Kaoru’s side. “What is going on here? Why are you so angry with my friend?"

[mft]

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru dropped the half woven ring of flowers when she heard a boy shouting at her from behind. She slowly turned her head, he had his hand over his mouth and seemed so embarrased, his little familiar seemed to be enjoying the spectacle though. Kaoru stood up from the pastel blue patch "C - Ca..." she started, but was interrupted by another voice, a familiar one at that. Kaoru turned her head the other way to see Shimete chan running her way.

"Shimete chan? What are you doing here? And where's Kazuma kun?" Kaoru exclaimed as the young girl shouted her own question, but not to Kaoru, instead she was shouting at the boy who had scolded Kaoru earlier about messing up his landscape. What a prodicument the shy girl had found herself in.

She frantically looked both ways unsure of what to do in such a situation.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo watched as the girl in the sundress seemed to almost mutter something. However, she was interrupted by a redhead girl who had come to the defense of her supposed friend. He felt bad that the redhead thought he was angry. The outburst had passed and he wasn't sure how to respond anymore. The original girl seemed to say something to the redhead, though he couldn't hear it since he was too far away. The redhead was focused on Tomo, probably keeping an eye on him in case he tried to do something to the sundressed maiden.

Tomo kept his motions slow as he bent down. He picked up two of the ink flowers he had made earlier that day. He made his way slowly to the two girls, giving his best smile. This situation calls for some manger techniques. When Tomo finally reached them, he held out the two flowers to the girls. They were lilies, which in Tomo's opinion, came out the best being only in black and white. Chibi Tama gave Tomo's shoulder-blade a defiant kick, unhappy with the fact that Tomo was giving other girls flowers. He did his best to hide the pain as he continued to hold the flowers out to the ladies. "My name is Mochizuki Tomo, manager-in-training to the Mochizuki Troupe. Please, accept these flowers as a sign of my sincerest apologies. I did not mean to startle you. I was merely flustered at the fact that such a beautiful sight was destroying a beautiful sight." Hopefully his manger-like charms would convince the ladies that he meant no harm and no disrespect. It didn't click in Tomo's mind that this might seem odd coming from a miniskirt clad, effeminate boy. He was usually mistaken for a girl, so hearing him say such things might confuse the girls before him. However, whether the girls thought he was a boy or a girl was no issue to Tomo, so he didn't give much thought to matching his looks with his words. He respectfully waited for the girls to either accept or reject his offering.

WC: 350

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“I am here looking for answers but I doubt I will…” She was then interrupted by the boy giving the two of them flowers. A beautiful sight was destroying a beautiful sight. That is an interesting choice of words which made Shimete question if this was a boy. That and he gave them flowers as he made the comment and the little figure on his shoulders did not looked pleased. So many questions run through her head it was hard to figure out where to start. Shimete did not take a flower for it sounded as if he was only offering them to Kaoru. Shimete turns her head away as her face portrays her emotions. She was angry with Tomo and jealous of Kaoru. No one ever told her she was beautiful or offered her flowers. Everyone always thinks her and her master are some sort of item when they are more like siblings. “Are you sure you should be offering flowers to Kaoru? The mini Tomo on your shoulder does not seem to agree with the idea.” Shimete sighs and kicks the grass seeing how stupid she was acting. He was like five years older than her; she was just a ten year old girl. It is unfortunate that events in her life forced her to mature quicker. She was more like a protective older sister to her master despite being two years younger. She was starting to think that it would have been better if she didn’t come to the park today.

[MFT]

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The person came down the hill with two black and white lilies in his hands. He offered them to Shimete chan and Kaoru. Kaoru's face turned to a brilliant shade of red. No one had ever given her flowers, not once. She looked up to the stranger Is he a boy or a girl, is the question she thought to herself as she battled the thoughts with two arguments. He's dressed like a girl, but a girl wouldn't call another girl a beautiful sight. This just confused the young girl more.

Shimete chan was the first to reply by turning away and questioning the stranger, now identified as Mochizuki san. "U -Uh Shimete chan" Kaoru turned to the younger girl "I'm pretty sure they're for both us" she whispered into the red head's ear. Kaoru then turned back to Mochizuki san. "U - Umm Thank you very much" she said while fiddling with her skirt. She took the flowers from the person's hands and held them close "They really are beautiful" she said quietly with a smile.

Kaoru then looked back up. There must be something I can give back and Shimete chan Suddenly Kaoru remembered the half finished bracelet on the ground as well as the one around her own wrist. Without even thinking her knees sucked to the ground leaving the two ink blossoms in her lap, and with lightening speed she finished the second pastel blue craft. She took the first one off her wrist and stood back up. "H - Here as a thank you" She stretched her arms out in the opposite directions where her companions stood. "I - I know they aren't much b- but" she paused as she began to blush more "I - I hope you guys like them"

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo observed the reactions of the two girls. They didn't introduce themselves directly, but mentioned each other's names. The redhead was Shimete and the other was Kaoru. Tomo searched his memory for any other information he might have on these two. Kaoru-san didn't seem to share any common trait with any of the clans Tomo knew. As for Shimete-san, she looked familiar, like Tomo had seen her around. She seemed to be in garments that were reminiscent of a maid. She was probably a servant to a clan, but Tomo couldn't deduce more than that.

Tomo brought his thoughts back to the girls. Shimete-san had seemed a bit disappointed and seemed to misunderstand Tomo's offer. Hmm...I guess I was too general. I'll have to keep that in mind. Chibi Tama seemed ready to protest about being called Tomo. Sensing this, Tomo sent a small jolt of lighting up to his shoulder to zap Chibi Tama. He heard her give a small 'meep'. She stayed silent after that, but he felt he would need to make it up to her later.

Tomo returned to feeling bad that he had upset Shimete-san, but luckily Kaoru-san knew his true intentions. He was happy that she liked them. They wouldn't last forever, but he was glad that they were liked. Kaoru-san seemed to think for a moment, then suddenly knelt to the ground. He watched as her hands dexterously weaved flowers in and out of each other. When finished, she rose to offer two bracelets, one being from her own wrist. Tomo smiled and took the bracelet Kaoru-san had just made. He was worried that taking the one Kaoru had already had on her wrist would have been a bit too informal. Tomo placed the bracelet on his left wrist. "Thank you Kaoru-san. This is a lovely gift."

Tomo then took out a piece of paper he had placed in his pocket for emergencies. He held it up with his left hand as he drew with his right. This should make Shimete-san a little happier. Tomo wasn't completely sure what he was drawing, but all he knew was that it had to be cute. When he was finished, he looked up to the ladies, giving slightly more attention to Shimete-san. He waited for them to both look at him before starting to speak. "You are right Shimete-san. Flowers are all around us. What I should offer is a little entertainment." Tomo turned the paper around and tapped it lightly. This propted the new picture to take form and pop out of its paper prison. Before them was an odd little creature. Not even Tomo could describe what he made. However, here it was in all its cuteness.

{Cute Ink Creature Before You}

WC: 453
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
yukikointro_zpsfe232787.jpg

Yukiko​

What a wonderful place to have come upon here at the park and it was so full of cute youngsters doing who knew what. Yukiko had been away from her master's care for the time being since he was off on some manner of mission. She was both maid and body guard but today she was neither. She was just a woman that was on a stroll. She still marveled at the various places she visited, always finding beauty in things she came across and enjoying every second of it. There was few things more lovely than a garden in full bloom with its various flowers so Yukiko just had to stop buy. She had gotten there just in time to see Tomo create some manner of creature (she has no idea it's made of ink) out of what she could only assume was thin air for the enjoyment, she assumes, for the two other girls there.

“Oh my, how adorable,” comes Yukiko's soft and sweet voice as she clasps her hands together and offers the three gathered a smile. “What a lovely sight to come upon, three rather pretty girls here in this most lovely garden and then to top it all off, the creation of such an adorable thing.”

Of course Yukiko just assumed Tomo was a girl, how could she not? She was fairly new to most people here and only those who participated in the illegal underground fighting scene would truly be able to recognize her from her many fights in that particular arena. Her eyes move from Tomo to Kaoru to Shimete in kind, offering each of them one of her lovely smiles.

The woman was dressed in a lovely red sun dress that was kind of short in length but modest enough for someone that didn't mind showing off her legs much. Underneath was a white blouse with short sleeves and a pair of matching red shoes adorned her feet. In her curiously dual colored hair sat a flower hair ornament that matched with the flower ornamental bracelets she wore on either of her hands.

[OOC hope you don't mind me hopping in]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shimete graciously accepts Kaoru’s gift and takes the other flower bracelet. Then Tomo offers a new gift, was he trying out do Kaoru’s gift. He took out a picture and with a small tap of his finger, it pops out of the page. Shimete points at the little ink creature exclaiming, “It’s Kikuchi!” So looks at Tomo for confirmation and then realizes he would know nothing of her clan’s folklore. “It’s the rabbit in the moon. The Nigiri clan calls it Kikuchi.” She goes on the further explain the character. “My clan believed that the moon is a gateway to the heavens and Kikuchi was the gatekeeper. Kikuchi controlled the door and kept demons from entering heaven. Each star in the night sky is a soul and when a star falls it means a soul is being reborn.” Shimete could not help giving it small poke in the belly. She wondered how he made something animate out of ink. The little one on his shoulder displayed such emotion; it was if it was alive.

Shimete was starting to felt a little unprepared. She was the only one in the group that did not give a gift of some sort, but she was not sure what she could do. She did not bring anything and she could not perform any entertainment that will match that. All she had were stories: stories that were passed down from generation to generation. Shimete’s older sister was training to be the storyteller of the clan. It was hard work for she would need to memorize the stories so she could teach them to the next generation. Shimete always loved listening to her sister’s retellings of the Nigiri folklore. She doubted they would be interested however. “I’m afraid I have nothing to offer.”

After her apologies a new person enters the scene. She commented how pretty they all looked. Shimete smiled with a tint of red in her cheeks. The girl had interesting taste for Shimete never seen anyone with dual colored hair. It must be died for unlike Shimete’s eyes, that can’t possibly be natural. “Hello I am Shimete.” She introduces herself to the newcomer.

[MFT]

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru's happiness couldn't be contained as her two companions accepted her gifts. A huge smile spread across the young girl's face, when Mochizuki san created an ink creature. Kaoru's face filled with wonder as she watched the small animal hop around without a care in the world. Kaoru snapped out of her slight trance when Shimete chan began to explain the folklore behind the character.

"Wow, Shimete chan! Kaoru exclaimed to the young girl, "Your clan sure has interesting legends." Kaoru looked back down to the rabbit as Shimete chan poked it. "I think I read about it in a book once" Kaoru murmured then blushing as she realized that she was revealing her reading habit.

All of a sudden the Shimete chan's face grew dark and stated that she had nothing to give. Kaoru sighed and leaned so she was at eye level with preteen. "Don't worry Shimete chan," Kaoru said with a smile. "Your folklore was a much lovelier gift than any of the others."

Then Kaoru heard someone walking their way. She immediately sat up and noticed a woman in the distance. She commented on how lovely the trio looked. This brought a light pink to the fifteen year old's cheeks, Shimete chan seemed to have a similar reaction. The younger girl introduced herself.

Kaoru gave a slight bow and said in a voice that was barely audible to her own ears, "A -Ah Good A - Afternoon, M - My name is Kaoru." The shy girl's face became a brighter red as she introduced herself.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo let a gentle smile spread across his face as he noticed Shimete-san and Kaoru-san's reactions. Many times he had seen this reaction from people when they watched him perform and he never got tired of it. Tomo didn't have many opportunities to make people smile as a shinobi. His job in the village was more violent than entertaining. He hadn't gone on too many missions, and being a Genin they were never too dark or difficult, but they certainly weren't to spread happiness and smiles to people. Shimete-san especially seemed to like the creature Tomo had made, she even seemed to know what it was. He listened as the girl excitedly told the story behind this 'Kikuchi' creature. Kaoru-san responded to the story, mumbling that she had read it somewhere. This caused Kaoru-san to blush, seemingly out of embarrassment. This confused Tomo. Why should Kaoru-san be embarrassed about reading? Reading is a wonderful thing to do. Better than other hobbies I've heard of. Tomo thought to his sister and her hobby of causing trouble for him. Okay, it probably wasn't her hobby, but she did it so often that Tomo wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Shimete claimed that she had nothing to offer, to which Kaoru declared otherwise. Tomo gave a subtle pout at hearing that his gift hadn't been better than Shimete's folklore and decided to slightly belittle Kaoru's gift in return, even if she had already done it herself. "Kaoru-san is right Shimete-san. Whereas mine and Kaoru-san's gifts will eventually wither and disappear, your folklore will live on through you, and now Kaoru-san and I. I am glad to hear that my creation actually had some meaning." Tomo gave the now labeled Kikuchi a pat on the head. Tomo felt a slight tug on his hair and turned his eyes to Chibi Tama. Instantly knowing what she wanted, Tomo gave the ink girl on his shoulder a pat on the head as well. Sheesh. She's almost as needy as the real Tama.

Tomo heard a voice from behind and turned to see who the new person was. A young woman with two-toned hair stood before the group now. She had a smile on her face, which calmed Tomo down. She clapped her hands together and stated how 'adorable' it was to find three girls and the ink creature here in the garden. Tomo cocked his head, having forgotten that he was in his miniskirt. It dawned on him seconds later however and he blushed in response. People would often confuse him for a girl, but they usually didn't open their conversations with that.

Tomo felt a little foot stomp on his shoulder. "Watch what you're saying lady! This is my..." Tomo grabbed Chibi Tama and threw her onto the paper he was holding, instantly muffling her. Sure, Tomo was never particularly thrilled to be called a girl, but what he hated more was making a fuss over it. Tomo lifted his face to the sky and gave a hardy, embarrassed laugh. "Oh, ink creatures. Am I right?" Tomo then cleared his throat and gave the best smile he could muster given the situation. "I am Mochizuki Tomo, manager-in-training to the Mochizuki Troupe." He gave a slight bow and awaited the reveal of the new lady's name.

WC: 551
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Yukiko​

So much life and vibrant colors surrounded them and Yukiko could not be any more happy about it. It seemed that she had intruded just a bit on the trio but they were out in a public space and they all seemed friendly enough to her. The maid/body guard was glad she had decided to take her break here since she didn't get to mingle that often with the fine people of this village. Grace and beauty seemed to be Yukiko's calling and as each person introduced themselves she would perform a curtsey in turn that was a performance in and of itself to behold for such a simple gesture. First Shimete, then Kaoru, though Karou seemed far more nervous than Shimete. Lastly, Tomo introduces himself with a name that did not help Yukiko figure out his actual gender in the least, but not before that adorable chibi upon his shoulder attempted to say something.

“Shimete-chan, Kaoru-chan, and Tomo-chan.” She repeats all three names and adds what she thinks is the proper honorific though she admittedly was not very good with such matters. “Did I get them all correct? I do hope so. I am Yukiko and I am very pleased to meet the three...perhaps four of you. If I may be so bold as to ask, what was that thing upon your shoulder...and was she angry at me? If I did anything to offend anyone, I simply must know what it was I did so that I can properly apologize.”

Yukiko had a slight blush upon her face, chatting with the cute children was refreshing. Such innocence, even if it were only for this particular moment, was a welcomed change of pace.

“You girls meet here often? It is my first time coming here...”

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
There was an extra member to the group unnoticed from any of them. Hiding in a rose bush he watches them talk to one another. His eyes peer through the leaves and flowers while his sapphire right eye stands out from the green and red of the bush. Shimete getting a strange feeling looks around. “Does anybody else get the feeling we’re being watched?” Then she sees it behind Yukiko in a bush, the wolf’s eye shown like a gem. It was Kirito her canine companion, guardian and teacher.

She could begin sensing his thoughts speaking to her mind. Morning my sister, it is time for the first lesson of the day. All wolves have a keen sense of smell. It allows us to track and hunt our prey. As a child of Moro you should also have this power. Take a breath and sniff the air. Let the taste of the scents of the people around you dance on your tongue.

Shimete takes a breath which she disguises it as a sigh. “I must just be imagining it. Now what was the question again? Do we meet here often?” I smell nothing but flowers. Are you sure I would inherit this power? She was trying her best to act normal, while she conversed with Kirito with her mind, which was a bit awkward.

Kirito is not surprised; actually he would be surprised if she could smell their scents on the first try. Do not worry my sister; I am sure you can do this. Try again, but this time, take a deeper breath. Let the air fill your lungs.

“I’m afraid this is my first time meeting Tomo and I only met Kaoru once before. As for coming to this place by myself; no I don’t really come that often.” She spoke all in one breath and then breathes in deeply. She takes a step back as she smells something she did not smell before. She could smell there scent. One of the scents seemed oddly different from the others. It had a sort of musk to it like a man. One of them is male!

Really? That is interesting. Now concentrate, my sister. Where is the sent coming from? Track that scent down.
Kirito smiles from under the brush. This was starting to become an interesting day. He wondered just which one it was that was male. For they all looked girls to him and he was too far away to smell their scents.

Shimete closes her eyes and breathes while concentrates on that single scent. Her head turns to Tomo and she opens her eyes. It was the one she question the gender of once before. Now she must ask the question. She must know, “Are you a boy?”

MFT

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The trio was asked if they met often. Kaoru was about to answer when, Shimete chan began to act strangely. Kaoru continued to watch the young girl as she continued to converse while appearing distracted and taking deep breaths.

Is she alright? Kaoru looked over the preteen for any signs of illness. She saw none, she seemed to be concentrating on something other than the conversation. That's when she dropped a bombshell by asking Mochizuki san if she was a boy,

A boy?!?! Kaoru's eyes darted over to her new aquaintance. The miniskirt and high pitched voice both indicated a girl, but could he really be a boy? Kaoru was thoroughly confused by the possibility. She thought to his mini familiar's earlier outburst. Is that what she was going to rant about? Kaoru thought as she continued to gaze at the gender confused individual. She couldn't bring herself to ask as well, so she just remained quiet.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo nodded as the young woman said his name. Granted, she was using an honorific not normally associated with boys, but Tomo wasn't going to complain. The lady introduced herself as Yukiko and Tomo made sure to make a note. Yukiko didn't seem to be from the area and Tomo wasn't sure if he'd ever meet her again after this encounter, but a Mochizuki manager never forgets a name or face. Yukiko stated her pleasure of meeting them and made a quick mention of Chibi Tama, questioning her existence and the like. Tomo shook his head dismissively. "Please do not worry. You could think of her as a...familiar of sorts. She is alive, but not really. It's kind of hard to explain. Either way, she will be fine. She just gets a bit cranky when I am around a lot of people, especially beautiful ladies." Tomo mentioned the last part because of the light blush on Yukiko's face. It was a very endearing sight and Tomo couldn't help but speak his mind.

Yukiko asked if they met in the garden often, mentioning on the side how it was her first time. Tomo shook his head in response. Shimete asked something about being watched. Tomo looked around but couldn't see anything, granted he stopped trying as hard when Shimete claimed to be imagining it. She summed up their situation and Tomo nodded in agreement. However, right after her answer, Shimete took a deep breath and backed away. Tomo cocked an eyebrow, slightly worried about the change to his new acquaintance. He looked to Kaoru to make sure he wasn't simply seeing things and sure enough, Kaoru had a concerned expression as well. He gave Yukiko a quick glance too, hoping to find some kind of answer to this puzzling turn of events.

Tomo returned his gaze to Shimete, only to find her staring at him. He blinked a few times. Tomo instinctively sniffed himself as he thought to her earlier behavior. Do I...smell? He sniffed himself once more but still couldn't smell anything. However, Shimete's response was much different from what Tomo had expected with her question. Shimete was now questioning whether he was, in fact, a he. Tomo had to stop himself from showing his frustration. He didn't mind being called a girl, being given girly honorifics, or to some degree, being hit on because he was taken for a girl. However, what he disliked most was being asked his gender. Nothing was more of a mood-killer than the gender question. This question was his least favorite question and he liked to make a habit of never answering it straight. He frowned at Shimete. "I'm sorry, do I smell? My twin likes to steal my clothes from time to time and return them without washing them. Here I'll fix that for you."

Tomo lifted his hand and pointed his finger to the sky. He then started to draw a circle with it, more for visual aesthetics than for necessity. With that, wind began to swirl around him and a thin wind funnel formed around him. With it now in place, the air around him was being sent high into the sky. When he finished with the initial gust, he kept it going around him, lightly lifting his scent skyward and away from the group. He scratched his head and made a light blush come to his face. "Sorry about that. I'll make sure to scold my sibling when I return home."

WC: 581

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Yukiko​

“First time meeting you say? How interesting. A chance meeting and you three already seemed like friends...at least from a distance. I apologize if I'm assuming to much...” Yukiko trails off as she notices the strange behavior from Shimete. Having no idea what was going on, Yukiko looks to Kaoru and Tomo for answers. She was hoping to have gotten more information about what that small girl on Tomo's shoulder was, but the description he gave would suffice at least for now.

When Shimete started sniffing at the air, Yukiko had assumed that she was talking about the scent of blood that no doubt lingered upon Yukiko though if that was the case it meant that Shimete had quite the nose on her. Any normal being would just get the scent of lavender oils and shampoo. Turns out Yukiko didn't have to worry as shimete's focus was now on Tomo and then she'd drop quite the interesting question. Was Tomo a boy? He sure was pretty if he was. The situation reminded her of her master, Asuka, whom was a very beautiful male that could easily be mistook-en for a girl even when dressed as a boy.

“Oh my, miss Shimete, that is a bit rude of a question to ask of someone.” She'd say, wondering if she should really be telling people what is and isn't rude. Tomo's reaction to it gave Yukiko a start as the winds began to blow around him. She wasn't quite sure what it was he was doing.

“You smelled just fine to me, miss Tomo.”

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“I guess you would hate that quest… Wait, twin?” Shimete starts to recall events that happen here today. The mini ink person was referred to as a female by Tomo himself. The mini ink person was also upset that she was referred to as a miniature version of Tomo. So she was not modeled after Tomo, but his twin sister; an identical twin sister. Despite the water he could not was his own scent of his body. She looks at him with eyes open wide with amazement. Shimete never thought she would see one in her life time; a physical representation of Kage and Kari. “In Nigiri folklore there is a pair of twin deities. They were identical, but were of different genders. Identical twins that are born boy and girl are considered to bring great fortune.” She points at the paper Chibi Tama was on. “That familiar is not modeled after you, but your twin sister isn’t it? It’s not that you smell that made me figure out you are a boy. Well tactically I guess.” She takes another deep breath for this was going to be a long story. “I am a Child of Moro. My blue eye is proof of that for it is the brand of those chosen to be her adopted children. However I am the first human she ever adopted or at least none has been recorded. Moro is the wolf goddess of the hunt and it seems with the eye she has blessed me with the powers that of a wolf. I can smell your scent. Even now I can smell that you are a boy. I apologize if I offended you.”

This boy could be the answer she was looking for, but to ask such a thing would me so embarrassing. She blushes a deep crimson and stares at the ground. “I have… if you don’t mind… a request for you. I-I k-know it’s a bit f-forward of me, b-b-but will you consider b-being my b-b-b-boyfriend. Well acting like my boyfriend.” She looks at Tomo with big puppy dog eyes. “Please, I need your help. I am to be sold by the end of the month. My master’s father believes his son to be smitten with me. Servant and master are not allowed to be a couple. I thought maybe with a boyfriend I could show that it is not the case. It might already be too late, but I don’t want to leave my master.”

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru glanced over to Mochizuki san answered Shimete chan's question. he simply explained it away by his twin borrowing his clothes and not washing, in response he caused a blast of wind that threatened to flip Kaoru's skirt. A small squeal escaped the girl as her hands flew to her thighs to keep the fabric down on her legs.

After the little attack, Kaoru looked back to Shimete chan. Her expression puzzled Kaoru. What is she so excited for? she thought as she followed the young girl's line of sight to the freshly scented Mochizuki san. Shimete chan then began telling of her clan's legends. Kaoru's head began to spin with all of the new information. By the time she had her thoughts straight she noticed Shimete chan's face becoming extremely red.

Kaoru couldn't hide her shock as Shimete chan spoke. She was first surprised by her request to Mochizuki san, but she was more shocked and enraged by what she said after. Kaoru's fists clenched as Shimete chan explained her predicament. She couldn't believe that the very house she served so faithfully would sell her over something that the master didn't even know for sure. Kaoru stood there in complete silence, covering her rage as preteen awaited Mochizuki san's answer.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tomo noticed his mistake of whipping up a gust near a skirted girl. He himself was wearing a tight skirt, so he never thought about the consequences for any other skirt-clad ladies nearby. He gave Kaoru an apologetic bow with his head as Yukiko mentioned the rudeness of Shimete's question. He was thankful for her support, as well as her statement of his scent being fine. He gave her a thankful smile. Shimete seemed to understand her question was a bit personal and was about to drop it when she seemed to get an idea in her head. She seemed to dwell on his twin statement, then told a story of her people about fraternal twin deities. It was interesting, but he certainly didn't feel fortunate that he was stuck with Tama. Shimete then mentioned an ability she had, which seemed to explain the different color eye she had. I had been wondering about that... She claimed that Tomo's scent was that of a boy's and that was how she knew his gender. Tomo was a bit skeptical, considering he had read a person's odor wasn't based on a person's gender and that males were sometimes known to smell female, or vice versa. However, this was not Tomo's field of expertise and for all he knew, he smelled like the manliest of men to someone with the right nose. And besides, Shimete did apologize, which was enough for Tomo.

Following her apology, Shimete turned a bright scarlet color as she proceeded to ask a strange favor. He was soon baffled with her 'request' to become her boyfriend. Tomo joined the blushing club as he himself turned a nice shade of red. He had been asked out on many dates by guys who had mistaken Tomo for a girl. However, he had never been asked out by a girl, let alone jumping to boyfriend status. At that instant, Tomo couldn't fathom why this would be a favor to Shimete. He looked down at himself, not understanding how he could be a prime candidate to date someone like Shimete. He returned his gaze to Shimete to find her with round eyes, trying her best to seem needy. Tomo had seen this technique before but it wasn't very effective on him. Mainly because his younger siblings, Saka and Soko, had tried this same move on him many times while he lived with his family.

From what Tomo could gather, Shimete merely wanted to use him as a cover. She seemed to be a servant to a family that didn't like the idea of having a servant as a possible family member. Tomo scratched his head. "Well, to be honest Shimete, now that you are a kunoichi, your master's father shouldn't be able to sell you, at least not easily. You have a contract with the village, so the father would have to talk with the higher-ups in the village. And since the buying and selling of ninjas is generally frowned upon in a political sense, the village would be unlikely to let you be sold." He cleared his throat and looked down for the last part of his lecture. "And besides, I don't really think I would be the best cover for your situation." Tomo brought his gaze to first Yukiko, then Kaoru. "But what do you two think? Certainly you must know of a much better fake suitor than I?" Tomo just wasn't sure how to feel. Part of him was glad to have been asked out, especially by a girl this time. But the fact that it was merely a ruse and she was only asking him because he had the right genetics bothered him a little. Tomo awaited the wise words of the ladies with him, hoping they could give better insight on the matter than he could. Tomo may look feminine, but he sure didn't have the relationship-smarts that usually went along with that title.

WC: 656
[MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back