Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Class] Stealth 102

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When Hoshirei woke up this morning, she was a bit trepidacious. It had been so long since she had led a class that she was almost concerned that she would be horrible at it. Sure, she guided practice within her clan and was confident in her own stealth abilities, but she was not quite sure if she would be able to get the point across appropriately. After all, in a clan full of people who can literally disappear onto another plane of existence, stealth was kind of a given. In order to give herself the best chance at success, she spent some time on her way to the academy practicing her stealth techniques. There were a number of things one could do to keep themselves hidden, even in plain sight.

She arrived early to her classroom and wrote the class name on the board. The posting for the class had stated they would be meeting in classroom three, but that did not mean students had to wonder if they were really in the right room. She also spent time rearranging the classroom so they would be in more of a circle without desks between her and the students unless she moved behind the teacher's desk, where she would start the lesson. As the time drew nearer, she decided to play a bit of a prank on her students. If they were really looking for her, they might still be able to sense her, but if she moved into the other plane of existence, then it would be harder to do so. So, with a small smile on her face, she sat on the teacher's desk cross-legged and allowed her body to slide out of the general plane of existence onto the ghostly plane. She would wait for her students to arrive and monitor their interaction with each other. Perhaps they could have some fun practicing as part of the lesson, she would have to see.

WC: 324 (Total: 324 of 1500)
Post 1 of 5

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Akio's step was bouncy and excited. He was looking forward to some more advanced stealth techniques than he was learning in the rudimentary 101 class. 'Maybe I could even get good enough to get close enough to pet some of the animals in the woods without them noticing!' He thought, a bright white smile appearing on his lips. As he reached classroom three, however, his smile turned to a look of confusion. His eyebrow raised and he exaggeratedly looked around left and right, seeing no other students and not even the teacher he was expecting.

Suddenly, a truly terrifying thought dawned on young Akio, his eyes going wide and a bead of sweat forming on his forehead just above his brow line. "Oh no... Did I read the room number wrong? I was sure it said Classroom 3!" He said to himself aloud, slightly panicked. He took a closer look around the room, checking behind the teachers desk, opening a nearby cabinet. He secretly hoped that his classmates and teacher were playing a trick on him. "But if this is the right class and I go back to check, I'll be late! I don't want detention again!" He exclaimed, remembering how he was chastised by Medical Sennin Nao as well as his detention proctor when he'd inadvertently skipped out on his punishment to intervene in Shusuke and Kiriyomi's encounter.

The sight of the young Senju scrambling with his situation was sure to be comical to any who caught it, ghostly or otherwise, but eventually he found it in himself to take a deep breath, calm down, and wait. 'Well, maybe I'm just the first one here... I'll just wait it out. I'm sure I wouldn't get detention just for getting the room number wrong.' He thought to himself, his knee bouncing like a jackrabbit and his hands fidgeting nervously. It didn't take long, however for his friend Kiriyomi to arrive. With a deep huff, Akio let out a sigh of relief.

[WC: 333 .:. Post 1/5]

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Kiriyomi woke with the rising of the sun, both excited and nervous. Today he was taking a special class to learn how to be more stealthy! If there was one thing that he was interested in, it was blending into the background. One of his favorite insects, the walking leaf, camouflages itself on a daily basis. He could only hope that his studies on insects such as that, and a walking stick, could prove useful in this class. Especially since Yasei took so much pleasure in trying to ambush Kiri everywhere he went.

He also wondered what other students there were? Perhaps someone he knew, like the new boy Akio. That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Hopefully the Yamanaka boy had better things to do than attend an extra class, otherwise Kiriyomi might be forced to drop out. There was no way he wanted to spend any more time near him than necessary. Rushing to get ready, Kiri takes a quick shower and dresses in his usual t-shirt and shorts, opting for more neutral colors today so that he wouldn't stand out amongst his peers. He wished his parents a good day, and leisurely made his way to the academy to find classroom three. Peeking around the edge of the door, Kiri sees Akio fidgeting and looking nervous.

"Akio! Oh, I'm glad you decided to take this class too! I was afraid that there wouldn't be anyone that I know in here... Wait, are we in the right classroom? The board says that this is the class, but I don't see the teacher anywhere? Perhaps they came by to set it up, and will be returning later?" Kiriyomi walks over to the circle of desks and chooses the one furthest from the door, as Kohara flies out of his hair and lands on Akio's shoulder, patting the boy on the neck. "Sorry about that, he's been looking forward to seeing you again. He doesn't get to see many people outside of the family that he likes."

WC: 337 (Total: 337 of 1500)
Post 1 of 5

Yasei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yasei woke with a start hearing voices near his home "Oh shoot!" He exclaimed he had intended to get up an hour ago at this rate if he didn't hurry he'd be late to class! He leapt up to his feet sprinting around he room to gather clean clothes while attempting to brush his teeth. Opting to grab his normal dark green shirt and dark brown shorts as he sprinted through the house popping his head into the kitchen "Morning mom! Got to go or I'll be later for class be safe!" He shouted as he then barreled out the door almost losing his foot as he continued on his sprint towards the school.

He thud of running feet could be heard through the halls of the academy along with the repeated mutter of "Classroom three, Classroom three, Was it down this hallway or the next?! Gah! I don't want to be late for class especially not stealth class that sounds fun!" As he slid to a stop down a hallway he found himself face to face with classroom three giving a sigh of relief Yasei pushed open the door slightly panting from the dead sprint he had been in since he left home.

Yasei glanced around the classroom to see who else was here seeing Kiri he smiled "Hey kiriyomi! My friend, My pal, my buddy! I didn't know you would be taking this class too, That's so cool it's nice to have a friend in class!" He called out looking around the room for the teacher in suspicion "Hey you guys don't think the teacher could be in room with us right now just hiding, right?" He asked narrowing his eyes before shrugging "Nah what am I saying that would be kind of weird!" He shook he head they probably were just a bit late I mean it would be odd if they were hiding in their own classroom even if they were teaching Stealth, right? He then turned to akio "Hi there! I'm Yasei, Hasegawa Yasei!"

WC: 388 (Total: 388/1500)
Post 1 of 5

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
"Oh thank god you're here Kiri!" Akio said immediately as his bouncing knee came to a halt and he finally let his body relax. That is, until Kiriyomi said, "Wait, are we in the right classroom?" The young Senju's body language changed in an instant, his muscles tensing, his eyes widening, and his whole posture stiff as a board as he looked over to Kiriyomi. "I-it was classroom three, right?" His leg started its engine once again as he stared at the wall, imagining the dreaded detention he was sure to receive.

However, as Kohara flew over and landed on Akio's shoulder and patted the nervous young boy's neck, he felt somehow comforted by the little guy's presence. Kiriyomi attempted to apologize, but Akio just smiled as he replied, "No way! I've been looking forward to seein' you guys too! Hey Kohara~" He said, carefully tilting his head toward the little ant with the big personality, but making sure not to risk possibly crushing him. "Wait, you said he likes me?! Sweet!" Akio exclaimed, finally sitting still and grinning ear to ear at the compliment. "I like you guys too. You two are my best friends since joinin' the academy." He added proudly, his tone having totally shifted from the nervousness he'd exemplified before.

Seconds later, a third classmate entered to join them. He immediately greeted Kiriyomi with familiarity and uncannily asked, "Hey you guys don't think the teacher could be in room with us right now just hiding, right?" The thought made Akio tilt his head. 'Wait... It is a class on stealth, after all...' The young Senju scanned the room again, taking a careful look around but once again noticing nothing. He'd looked the room over pretty intently when he first arrived, but the thought did make him wonder. However, as soon as Yasei disregarded the notion, Akio decided to do the same. 'Yeah. There's no way anyone could be hiding here. I looked in all the spots big enough for a person.' He thought. Finally, as Yasei enthusiastically introduced himself Akio flashed a bright smile and did the same. "Good to meet ya Yasei! I'm Akio. If you're Kiri's friend, you must be a good guy!" He said cheerfully, finally feeling fully at ease now that there was a third student there that confirmed they were all in the right place.

[WC: 392 .:. Post 1/5 .:. Total WC: 725/1500]

Last edited:

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
As Akio expresses concern for being in the right classroom, the color fades from Kiriyomi's face. The sheet had said that it was being held in classroom three. Right? He quickly glanced around the room again, eyes once again landing on the board proclaiming that this was the stealth class. Between that and the room obviously being set up for a more intimate setting, there was no way they were in the wrong place. The teacher must have just stepped out to get supplies or something. While looking behind and under the desk, Kiri hears a familiar voice and begins to tremble. No, it can't be. Yasei couldn't possibly have signed up for this same class, could he have?

Kiri's mind flashes to one of the most recent "ambushes". He had received a letter earlier that morning, informing him that Yasei wished to spar that day. Knowing that he would have to be on high alert all day, Kiri instructed Kohara to fly around and keep an eye out for any signs of the other boy. The quicker that he could get away, the more likely he was to be able to find a hiding spot to avoid Yasei. Kiri didn't understand why the boy was convinced they were friends, when most of their interactions resulted in him running away and using his Body Switch jutsu as much as possible to gain ground until he could find a way to lose the boy trailing him. Oftentimes he would just try to rush home and lock the door behind him, but on other occasions he's had to rush into a restaurant bathroom and hope that Yasei wouldn't follow him inside.

"Oh, hey Yasei. It's... nice to see you. I think the teacher came in earlier to set up the room and went to get a drink or something. I think it would be pretty easy to find wherever they were hiding, were they still in the room. There's supposed to be one more student joining us, right? Any idea who it might be?"

WC: 341 (Total: 678/1500)
Post 1 of 5

Last edited:

Yasei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"It could be that one guy I met in the forest the other day! Kyoujouran or something, He always used taijutsu! That would be cool, he seemed pretty interesting!" Yasei said with a with nod "Hey by the way Kiriyomi, Have you seen any cool bugs recently? I saw a beetle the other day! Beetles are pretty cool especially they strong ones with horns, I don't remember their name" he gave the classroom another glance over something just felt off but he couldn't see anything out of place so he just shook it off again if he couldn't see anything there probably wasn't anything wrong, The teacher was probably out grabbing something like Kiri said.

"It's nice to meet you Akio! Do you want to spar sometime? I enjoying sparring I'm not sure if Kiriyomi is a fan of it but we're ninja so sparring should be something we do often to get practice, Y'know what they say! Practice makes perfect or something like!" He starting to ramble for a moment before stopping abruptly to shift topics "Hey we should be friends! I'm always looking to meet new friends, I didn't make many when I first came to village so Kiriyomi was my first friend really and it was really nice of them to be friends with me when I first came here it's why I try and get them to spar so much! I want them to be the best Shinobi they can be!" He stopped again time to take a breath and he began to put on his hand wraps which he didn't have time to put on this morning in his rush "So how are you guys doing this morning? Do anything interesting before class?" He asked realising he had been rambling and wanting to give the others a chance to talk rather than accidentally dominating the conversation with his word vomits.

WC: 315 (total: 703/1500)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was a hard morning for Keniwa, after the other day he had yet to attempt to interact with anyone else somewhat embarrassed and still confused by what Akio said and did. Alongside meeting Hasegawa, who was probably the closest thing he had to a friend, yet Keniwa could barely must anything out of him to actually confirm Hasegawa's request. Keniwa had just laid in bed pondering about how he could possibly try making some actual friends in this new class of his. Realistically he didn't want to go to the academy today, however he could smell the breakfast his mom had cooked for him. Slowly making his way out of his bed into the kitchen he sat down and began to eat his breakfast. Bacon and eggs were his favourite, so it was a shame it was eggs and toast. Although he would still eat it, maybe this logic could be applied elsewhere for Keniwa. Unfortunately for the young Kyoujouran his moping around this morning had caused him to be leaving the house slightly later than usual. After scoffing down his breakfast he swiftly dashed over to the academy in fear of possibly receiving a scolding from a teacher or his father, his fear for authority was very real.

Finally he had made it to Classroom 3, Keniwa hadn't thought much about stealth really usually taking a head on approach to combat, however maybe it would come in useful as a shinobi. He slowly peeked his head through the door as he opened as he let out the words "Sorry, Im late m-" His face wouldn't have given it away aside from his cheeks instantly flushing red at the sight of the three of them. His mouth was slightly gapped open as though he was paralyzed by the sight before him quickly slamming the door and putting his back against the door outside of the classroom. All the people he had wished to avoid were in there he would be confined and trapped in that awful classroom, the teacher wasn't even there yet, how could he hope for them to ignore him. Small talk seemed like the most powerful adversary Keniwa would ever have to face. 'No Keniwa, come on, don't let them think you are weak, what would dad do.." He now opened the door again, walking in with a face devoid of colour and emotion, sauntering past the three of them attempting to get to the very back of the classroom. At least one thing had gone right for him, he wasn't late.

WC (Total 430/1500)

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Isaki clan head and former Head Jounin watched as her students filtered into class. The first was Akio who looked a bit frantic when he didn't see her at the head of the class, but he settled down to wait. At least until the second student to arrive asked if they were in the right place. She noticed the young boy's ant companion and pegged the boy for an Aburame. There were certainly ways they could use their insects stealthily and would need to in order to get them onto their target. The third young man had a burn scar on his face which could prove hiding in plane sight difficult if he did not know how to compensate for something so apparent. The last was a darker-skinned boy who thought he was late but no matter, all her students were there now.

Just before the bell rang to signal the start of class, there would be a blur of bluish-white streak dart from the open doorway to behind the teacher's desk. Less than half a second later, a fox with horns would jump up, just barely avoiding Hoshirei's bent right leg, and sat imperiously in silence. Hoshirei just shook her head and pet the fox between its horns. The students would possibly notice the hair on the fox's head shifting slightly with every pet. Hoshirei did not want to leave her students with too much time on their hands, especially after the reaction of the last boy to seeing the rest of the group. "This would for sure be an interesting group to work with", Hoshirei thought.

"Good morning, class!" she said as she popped back into the mortal realm making no sound. They would find their teacher sitting cross-legged on the desk, petting her fox summon and smiling at them. She unfolded her body and got down to reveal a woman in a short plain black dress with a gold belt and kunoichi sandals. Her long black hair was partially braided, mostly to keep it out of her face, though her bangs still framed her face. She kept a smile on her face as she surveyed their reactions and then pressed forward with her lesson.

"In case it wasn't obvious, I have indeed been here the whole time. I hope this class will be a fun exercise in stealth, though do keep in mind that I will be pushing you to think beyond the box," she paused for a moment, letting her words sink in. "Now, while it is unlikely you can make use of the technique I did, there are other ways to hide in plain sight. In fact, if you asked anyone in my clan where I was this morning, they would likely say that I'm still within the clan compound even though I walked right by a good number of them to get here today. Can anyone guess how that might be the case? I would like each of you to give me an answer if you would."

WC: 501 (Total: 825/1500)
Post 2 of 5
OOC: while we are not keeping to post order since the class is officially started, try to keep it to one post per student until I post again :)

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Kiriyomi notices that another student showed up just before the bell rung, and they quickly ducked back into the hallway before entering the room. Perhaps they had just as much trouble interacting with people as he did? Kiri understands that it can be overwhelming, and feels a stab of sympathy for the boy. He raises a hand to say hello when the bell rings, so he drops his arm and looks around for the teacher. Instead, he sees a fox jump onto the desk and oddly enough it's hair starts to move as if someone were petting it. Looking more closely, he is startled when the teacher suddenly appears as if out of nowhere. He scrambles to his seat and pulls out his chair, flopping into it.

As she explains to them that they will be required to think outside the box, and asks them how she passed by her clan without being seen, Kiri puts his hand to his chin and begins thinking. He raises his hand slowly, and ducks his head. "I think that a transformation would work, because this would allow you to walk through the compound as someone else?" He feels a little doubtful that this is the right answer, as it is too obvious, but the teacher did ask for everyone to give an answer. He continues to ponder other possibilities that she could have utilized, but with his limited knowledge of jutsu, transformation is the only thing that Kiriyomi could possibly come up with at the moment. His heart rate calming, a rush of excitement begins to fill him as he begins to wonder how she managed to hide in plain sight of the students. They had looked right through her, and Kiri just thinks of all the possibilities of how he could use this. Especially since he wants to join the village's Security team, he would be able to sneak around unseen to prevent any crimes from occurring in the city proper. His eyes start to glaze over as he starts to daydream of his future.

WC: 342 (1020/1500)
Post 2 of 5

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
As Kiri mentioned the fourth student that would be joining them, Akio pondered, wondering if maybe it was the one who's bumped into him when they first met outside class. But he didn't have too long to think about it as Yasei bombarded him with a barrage of questions, statements, and more words-per-second than just about anybody Akio had met. He did his best to match the nigh-impossible speed of Yasei's rapid-fire utterances. "Oh yeah? I haven't met a Kyoujouran! Yeah! Taijutsu is really cool, but I'm bad at it. Oh! You must mean a Kabutomushi! I've seen those in the woods with my grandpa! And yeah, I'll spar with you sometime, but I'm not that strong yet." When he quickly came to asking Akio to be his friend, his bright green eyes shone and his face lit up with a big smile. "Yeah! We definitely can. I want to make lots of friends! And anybody that's a friend of Kiriyomi's is mine too." He was even about to try to go through his morning to answer Yasei's question before Keniwa strode through the door, confirming his earlier suspicions. He quieted a bit and smiled at the boy, despite their previous awkward interaction, but was taken a bit aback by the pale-faced lack of emotion that the boy presented as he walked by and took a seat at the back. 'Yeah... He probably hates me for pushing him the other day...' Akio thought, his smile slightly fading.

However, once again he didn't have much time to ponder as a powder blue flash burst past. Akio immediately jumped to his feet and exclaimed, "Wow! I've never seen a fox like that! I've seen red ones, silver ones, and even a couple cross foxes in the woods, but never one that's blue!" He bounced over, taking on as unthreatening a demeanor as he could as he tried to get a closer look. "Hey there little guy. I'm Akio..." He said gently, beginning to hold a hand out as he approached. However, as Hoshirei appeared from seemingly out of nowhere and said, "Good morning, class!" Akio jumped back with a slight yelp, falling straight onto his butt before scrambling back to his seat next to Kiri. Akio looked side to side to see if anybody else was as fooled as he was at the fact that she was here this whole time. Finally, as Hoshirei explained how she got here undetected and asked the four students how she might've accomplished that, Akio fell into a quiet contemplation. Kiri was the first to speak up, cleverly suggesting that she could have used the Transformation jutsu to appear as someone else. 'True! Why didn't I think of that?!' He thought, pondering for a moment longer. But Akio had been reading up on his jutsus in the time he spent in detention and thought to himself that there must be a bunch of different ways that's possible. "Well, you could've been invisible like you were a minute ago, and used a Clone jutsu to make it look like you were still in your clan compound. That's one way! I think there's lots of others too!" Akio added with a proud smile that he'd come up with an answer that seemed at least somewhat plausible to his knowledge.

[WC: 550 .:. Post 2/5 .:. Total WC: 1275/1500]

Yasei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yasei waves at Keniwa with a smile seeing him enter it was so cool seeing another person he already met, Maybe they could spar later? That would be really cool! "Hey Kyoujouran it's cool you took this class to-" As he was talking he got sidelined seeing the fox dash into the room it's fur moving weirdly as it sat on the desk his gaze not moving from the fox until the teacher just appeared "I was right! You were here just stealthing, I don't know how you were hiding but my instincts were actually right!" He exclaimed with genuine excitement his foot tapping as he messed with his hand wraps.

"Uh I assume you weren't using jutsus? So in the basic ways? Like moving a normal but different way than your usual gait, Avoiding eye contact, Removing easily distinguishable features, wearing clothes that easily blend in with the crowd?" Yasei listed off the ways he remembered his mother had mentioned. "Oh why does your fox have horns is that a normal thing for it's species? Does it come from something clan related with you? Or is it just something that happened by it being your contracted summon?" He had started to ramble with curiosity about her fox and it's odd appearance as had caught his interest. Realizing he had started to ramble he stopped holding lips in a taunt smile his foot tapping he didn't want make the teacher mad at him especially on his first stealth given he was extremely interested in the subject as he had always been curious about the anbu and the practices his plan had always been to either join the anbu or the village security. He found himself glancing around to see how the others had reacted to her with interest before turning he gaze waiting for what she said next.

WC: 307 (1,010/1500)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
This was incredible! Even after Keniwa's embarrassing display to everyone right before he properly entered the classroom, he was met by smiling and friendly faces. He had been too focused on hiding away from everyone that he was already at the back of the room. His face now embarrassed holding his signature red flushed cheeks, he had completely misread the situation. Although it wasn't over for him! This was his time to finally make some proper friends and he had to reach out and grab it, like a baby about to say their worst words he slowly opened his mouth and was about to speak. When suddenly a blue flash shot through the doorway right to the teacher's desk becoming a fox. Keniwa had never seen one such as this before, however he wasn't afraid to fight it. Just as he began to harden his fists, his teacher appeared out from nowhere. His tetsukawa had practically fallen limp from the sight of her. 'Idiot! This was a test and i've failed already?!' Coming to the worst case scenario instantly, Keniwa feared he would be scolded however, once again he was met by a smiling face, the people of this academy have been nothing but nice to him. A quality which would be impossible for him not to pick up on.

As he listened to Hoshirei explain how this class would go, Keniwa was ready to come to the task, whilst he wasn't as experienced in stealth he clenched both fists as a sign of his determination to improve and grow, not only as a student but as a shinobi. "Can anyone guess how that might be the case? I would like each of you to give me an answer if you would." Keniwa was not so familiar with the use of ninjutsu however possibly it could have been a genjutsu similar to the one his upper class man had used the other day on Kiriyomi, whilst genjutsu's are mostly illusory from what he had seen their power was very real. Keniwa politely raised his hand and mustered up the courage to say "A genjutsu perhaps..?" Although as he heard everyone else's response he quickly lowered his hand, again thinking he must have been wrong, this line of jutsu wasn't his expertise how could he have known what the answer would be. He could only wait in anticipation to see what Hoshirei says next.

WC: 403 (833/ 1500)
Post 2/5

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kayo nosed Hoshirei's hand as they waited for the students to all offer up a way she could have sneaked her way out of the clan compound so Hoshirei resumed her petting of the fox. She really could not get enough of how soft Kayo's silvery fur was. She would nod after every student's answer. They were all good ideas and ways she had indeed used either in the past or that morning. "You all had some very good answers. I have used all of those methods in one setting or another to make my way out of places I would rather not be at the time. Visual genjutsu is certainly an option, especially when you anticipate that the people who are around you will not be looking for a genjutsu nor have been trained to be on the lookout for them." She would then shift her body so that her legs were hanging off the front of the desk instead of sitting just on the top. "A transformation jutsu can be extremely helpful when sneaking about and while I could use it to become a completely different person, I could also use it to look just different enough to not be who most people would recognize." At this, she would use a transformation jutsu to tweak her coloring to what it was before her true powers manifested: green hair and green eyes. She held the jutsu for a few moments before allowing it to break as she moved on to her next comment.

"A mixture of being incorporeal, which is part of being invisible for me, and a clone jutsu is an inspired idea and especially useful once you can make clones you can learn from. You can create a clone to handle one portion of your day, like talking to a bunch of old men who don't know how to keep their opinions to themselves, while you get to go out and do something else," she finished with a conspiratorial smile and mischievous glint in her yellow eyes. "The way I use most often is to blend in with a crowd. Shifting your gait, making just enough eye contact to not look like you're avoiding someone, and disguising some of your more distinguishing features can all be helpful in this aim. Of course, one cannot discount the fact that as their clan head, they could have been told to lie for me if someone came looking for me." Hoshirei actually looked a bit sheepish at the last sentence but the look left her face quickly.

"As for my summon here, I'll let Kayo tell you a bit about herself," she said as she gently grabbed one of Kayo's horns and softly moved the fox's head a bit. Kayo's tongue lolled out of her mouth in a happy grin and she made a few chattery sounds before hopping down to sit in the semi-circle of students. "Kayo has horns because of Kayo's powers. Can do things like Rei can. Am sneaky fox, good for messages," Kayo said in common. "Kayo's parents no have horns, but were proud that Kayo grew them. Kayo chose Rei. Am happy with choice."

"While a bluish-silver fox is generally not seen, some summon animals can look rather different than their average counterparts. After all, if they are a summon they likely have some extra abilities that are unusual. Now, back to being sneaky. I want you to think about yourselves and find one thing you could easily modify to make you stand out less. After you have thought about that, think about when it might be more beneficial to be seen rather than sticking to the shadows. You can answer either thought out loud. You are also free to ask me questions or for demonstrations of principles."

WC: 630 (Total: 1455 of 1500)
Post 3 of 5

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Akio listened intently, enthralled by all the different ways that a shinobi could apply the subtle art of stealth and how cool and calm their intriguing teacher was when explaining all the different uses for it. When she got to talking about clones that could retain the information they'd learned, Akio's interest was keenly piqued. 'Now that sounds like something to learn! I could have a clone sit in class while I go out and explore the forests, or interact with my animal buddies, or...' The list went on and on within the young Senju's mind. However, he was even more interested in the moment by the unique blue horned fox that sat at the front of the class. As Kayo introduced herself, and Hoshirei explained how contract summons had unique qualities that their animal counterparts lacked, Akio listened on with a genuine elated smile. "Hi Kayo! I'm Akio!" He replied, then looked over to Hoshirei to ask excitedly, "Isaki-sensei, if we do a good job in class, can we spend some time afterwards meeting Kayo?! She's so pretty! Just like her contract holder!" The young Senju said with childlike innocence, his bright white smile still shining. 'Someday, I'm gonna have a contract too!' He thought, optimistic about what the future held.

As Hoshirei continued, getting back to the topic at hand, Akio made sure to give his teacher his full and undivided attention, even though a part of the young nature-lover yearned to learn more about contracts and the animals and creatures that made them so unique. The two concepts she'd explained make Akio think, especially that second one. 'Hmmm... I guess sometimes it's better to hide in plain sight. Especially if there are trained eyes patrolling!' He thought. Taking Keniwa's cue and raising his hand to answer more politely than just blurting out what he thought, Akio replied to both of the things their teacher had asked them to think about. "Well, for me I could use Transformation or even just some kinda makeup or die to hide the lines on my face or change my hair color." He started, before continuing to the second part of the inquiry. "And as far as why it might be better to be seen... If you're in a crowded place, especially one that might have trained shinobi like the ANBU watching, it'd be better to blend in and act naturally than to look suspicious!" Again, as he finished, Akio's flashed his pearly whites in a wide and proud smile. He liked these answers even better than the first and felt like he was really doing his best!

[WC: 435 .:. Post 3/5 .:. Total WC: 1710/1500]

Yasei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hearing "I want you to think about yourselves and find one thing you could easily modify to make you stand out less." Yasei's hand immediately went to the burn scar across his cheek his mind going to the transformation jutsu, It was extremely noticeable especially as an identifying trait. "I mean one way it might be better to be seen is your planning something big as you could establish a simple routine you follow exactly leading to until the day of the plan where you have a clone follow that path instead of you so you can move in secret." He was extremely interested in the teachers contract and how to get his own but right now was class time as he needed to avoid rambling as if he started rambling then he'd get off topic and if he off topic he could get in trouble and didn't want to get in trouble especially with such an interesting class in front of him. His hands running through his hair as he tried to keep himself from getting sidetracked and pay attention to class, If this went well maybe they could hang out later or go get a bite to eat Ooo that would be fun he always loved the idea of hanging out with friends and it would be cool to actually make some friends.

| WC: 225 | Total: 1235/1500 | Post: 3/5 |

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Keniwa personally had little to no interest for this wild animal which was said to be some sort of summon according to his teacher. 'Isn't this stealth 102 not mutt 102.. when do we start getting to the good stuff?' Keniwa never would have shared this with the class however, everyone's reactions to summons were so enthusiastic. But he never got it at all, why have a summon when you can just continue to train yourself? However he didn't want to dampen the other's moods or appear rude so he smiled as the fox explained it's various features. 'I bet they'd taste good..' Was the main thing that Keniwa had on his mind whilst looking at Kayo. Keniwa would appear to be slightly drooling if closely observed.

Hoshirei's teachings however were no less than amazing to him, he really listened to Hoshirei's teachings, he felt lucky to have such a kind and smart teacher. So attentive alongside offering challenging questions to her students. "I want you to think about yourselves and find one thing you could easily modify to make you stand out less." When Keniwa walks throughout konoha whether it may just be running errands or such, a lot of the time he might see a certain accessory which is in trend with fashion. Perhaps if he could blend more in with the common civillian it would help him staying with the crowd. Keniwa put his finger in his mouth beginning to lightly bite down on it whilst zoning out as he thought of a time it might be better to be seen.

Keniwa had seen Akio also raising his hand after Keniwa had first done it, seeing this it created a sparkle in his eyes, perhaps Akio does respect Keniwa, and what happened the other day might just be water under the bridge. He raised his hand again as now with more confidence feeling much more comfortable he said with a smile
"Maybe I could wear a popular accessory that many other villages have to blend in?" Then bringing his raised hand down and now pointing both his thumbs towards him. "And if I am with other shinobi on a mission, I could possibly be used as bait to lure out enemies! Now clenching fists as he continued. Being more beneficial to be seen, rather than lurking in the dark." Keniwa was confident in his answers, sure that they could solicit some useful feedback.

WC: 405 (1238/1500)
Post 3/5

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Kiriyomi's stupor is interrupted by his teacher speaking again, and saying that she would allow her fox to introduce herself. Kiri's head cocked in confusion at this, because he'd never encountered an animal that could speak before. Surely Sensei was playing a joke on them, right? As Kayo begins speaking, he jumps in his seat and bangs his knees on the underside of the desk, looking around in disbelief. The other students seem unfazed, and he ducks his head as his cheeks begin to burn. I guess this is something that I've missed out on because I don't have much experience talking with other people. Maybe this was a part of the lesson that I missed when I was sick last week? I've heard of summon animals before, but I didn't realize they could speak.. I wonder if I could get one?

Shaking himself out of his thoughts again, Kiri shifts his focus back to the lesson at hand. How could he disguise himself, and when was a good time to stand out? These were both good questions, and he listened carefully to the others give their answers before timidly raising his own hand. "I think I have a unique way of disguising myself, though it wouldn't quite work at the moment because I'm too young. But, from a distance, perhaps this would be one method?" As he speaks, his Kikai begin to crawl out from under his collar and up to his face, ducking their heads and antennae down to form a pseudo beard on his face. "Obviously upon inspection, this would not pass. But perhaps moving quickly through a crowded street, someone wouldn't spare a second glance? As for wanting to be noticeable, perhaps taking a job as a bodyguard for a traveling merchant? Obviously, if they are seen alone, they would be an easy target for bandits. But with a shinobi alongside them, perhaps bandits would think twice before trying to rob them?"

WC: 325 (1345/1500)
Post 3/5

Hoshirei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Hoshirei listened intently to each of her student's responses. She took note that one of them reached up to touch his face when she mentioned changing something and hoped he had not felt targeted by her words. Akio mentioned using makeup to cover up the lines on his face, or even a transformation jutsu like she had just used to look like her old self. She nodded in his direction before turning to give the next student her attention. Yasei mentioned what could be a solid strategy for certain missions, especially with elemental clones as they were actual clones instead of genjutsu. Keniwa then commented on the possibility of wearing something that might help him blend in with a crowd. Hoshirei nodded in agreement with his idea of being bait as well before turning to Kiriyomi for his remarks. The display with his kekki genkai was impressive and would likely pass muster at a glance once he got a little older. His suggestion for reasons to be seen was also a good idea and part of why travelling merchants hired shinobi in the first place. They all had given good answers.

Hoshirei leaned back against the desk and tucked her hands into pockets that were not obvious at first glance on her dress. "You all have some pretty good ideas of something you could change or a reason to be conspicuous instead of inconspicuous. Dressing to blend into a crowd can certainly make it easier as would covering any distinguishing features. If you become very skilled in makeup, you could make yourself look like an entirely different person while it isn't obvious that you are wearing makeup and someone wouldn't be able to just cancel your disguise." Hoshirei paused for a moment, thinking about how she wanted to talk about this next part. "If you are ever given an assignment to tail someone stealth is very important. For example, if you were there to just observe what they were doing, you wouldn't want to be seen by them as it would tip them off and they could act differently to how they would if they did not know they were being followed. On the other hand, if you are trying to tail them to figure out the best way to capture them, it might behoove you to be glimpsed at odd intervals to increase the target's paranoia and get them to trip up, leading them to isolating and being captured more easily."

"Now, since you have been so studious during our lesson. Tell me, what is something you are curious about when it comes to stealth? Do you have a scenario in mind you would like to know one way to handle? Any questions related to this topic, please bring them forward."

WC: 460 (Total: 1915 of 1500)
Post 4 of 5

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Akio couldn't help but laugh as he saw the swarm of ants form a surprisingly convincing beard on his Aburame friend's face. It wasn't the bugs or the idea he was laughing at, but Akio couldn't deny it looked that the sight of a young kid with a beard was decidedly hilarious. "That's awesome Kiri! I didn't know Kohara and Co. could do that!" The Senju boy said genuinely, his characteristic smile painted on his bright face. He never would've guessed it before, but taking classes as a shinobi was far more fun than he'd given it credit for before attending the academy, and this one was no exception.

"I have a question Hoshirei-sensei!" Akio said jubilantly, his eyes closing and his pearly whites flashing through a wide smile as he shot his hand up before continuing. "What if the person we're trying to hide from already knows we're there? What would be some good ways that we could throw them off the trail or stay stealthy if we were already sorta... caught?" The cheerful child asked, genuinely curious about the types of techniques their teacher might use in such a situation. Afterwards, he lowered his hand and listened intently to see what the others in class would ask as questions.

[WC: 210 .:. Post 4/5 .:. Total WC: 1920/1500]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back