Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Event CLOSED: Kyōsaku House: Right Path - First Floor "Grand Ballroom"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Location Description: This would be a simple hallway that would come out to a large dining room, one that could easily seat hundreds of individuals. Tables would be circular and comfortable sit 8 individuals. At the opposite end of the entry point, there would be a grand stage and a house band playing music. There would be a space between the tables and the stage that would be left open for dancing or mingling. Lining the wall that housed the entry point into the area would be several bars for servicing drinks. At the furthest corner from the entry point, along the same walls as the bars, would be a door that the kitchen and waiting staff would use to bring out the food and bus the tables and dishes.

OOC: After entering through the Dinner Party thread, please feel free to post here at your leisure until we reach our "midnight" deadline.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
JcWdx8k.png

In the grand ballroom, several guests would arrive.

"Ah, seems we beat the participants here. How fortuitous... or how frustrating?"

"That's it... I'll need a drink if that's the shit I'm gonna have to listen to all night!"

It would seem there was already a bit of rowdiness within this group, but that would not be the case for all present in the ballroom now. Scattered about would be more reserved watchers and those waiting for a chance to speak one on one with their... target.

OOC:
Within this room are the following Event NPCs:
Dai (Commerce) - Seated at a table by himself, glancing around but seems to be nervous
Kaori (Medical Branch) - Between the tables and bar section, looking for someone to mingle with
Tomoe (Main Branch) - At the bar ordering a stiff drink
Oiwa (Oracles) - Posted in a corner watching from behind her mask
Benzaiten (Oracles) - Pacing around in her mask
Hotei (Oracles) - Eagerly awaiting food at a table, and will motion for anyone who enters the ballroom to come join him... and is also wearing a mask as Oracles do

You may either approach the NPC, enter the room and wait to see if one approaches you, or simply do your own thing and see where that goes!

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Attention, Kazekage Ryuzaki Raizo is making his way to the grand ballroom to give the opening remarks and explain the festivities for tonight. All non-participants, and non-judges, are encouraged to make their way to the ballroom at this time. All participants and judges are free to remain in their respective locations and listen to the opening remarks over the PA system. Opening remarks will begin in the next 10 minutes."

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Finding his way into the Grand Ballroom Chikamatsu Shin was curious to see the opening remarks that were to be presented by none other than the Kazekage, Ryuzaki Raizo. The young man smiled as he was excited to learn even more information as to what exactly was to be expected of him during these events. Leaning against the back wall he could hear his sister chime in. `Roku, a kid that seems to have been raised by a cult has been adopted by the previous steward of the title Kazekage. Don't underestimate his naive and ignorant mentality. If that cyborg has found use for him he is most likely stronger than he appears and most likely holds a secret within his body. Why else would Sousuke take him in?` Shin nodded as his sister spoke to him in his own mind, one of the few perks of the two souls one body situation he was in.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
More or less managing to not get lost, Suigetsu couldn't help but to keep giving the Shin-Kohana duo a bit of a side eye. He hadn't exactly learned just what the "We" was all about and not knowing was starting to send him into a panic. "So you were explaining the, we, part..." Likewise sticking to the back of the room, Suigetsu didn't want to have the conversation with too big of an audience, just in case he was found out, but he also needed to pay keen attention to what the Kazekage was going to say. If they were going to war, or if the tracking devices really were just what Suigetsu thought that they were, then these games were truly going to be games and he would need to know all the rules before he continued on. In the meantime, he was thoroughly content to get as much information out of this young but apparently well learned curious individual. "Attention, Kazekage Ryuzaki Raizo is making his way to the grand ballroom to give the opening remarks and explain the festivities for tonight. All non-participants, and non-judges, are encouraged to make their way to the ballroom at this time. All participants and judges are free to remain in their respective locations and listen to the opening remarks over the PA system. Opening remarks will begin in the next 10 minutes." With all of the announcements coming with such gravitas, Suigetsu in some small way feared that this was going to be a free for all, something that he expected to live through, but ultimately would annoyed to be involved with. Many of them were dressed far too nicely and the venue too fancifully stocked for such barbarism.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Actually, it is quite an interesting story. See, we are a set of twins, well more like we were supposed to be that is. My sister, Kohana, lost her body in utero but her soul appeared to have latched onto my brother Shin. I laid there dormant for quite some time. You know Chakra is the combination of both spiritual and physical energy and since Kohana was lacking a physical body it was hard for me to manifest myself to my brother knowingly. Shin took a moment and chuckle at how talkative Kohana was being today.

`Let's stop it there, we can't expose to many of our secrets, especially if there is a competitive nature to this child and they try and take advantage of our situation since we still aren't for certain the full expanse of this competition.` He felt a sense of confirmation from his sister which caused him to grin.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Entering the ballroom, he would slam down the drink he had completed on the walk through the hallway onto a standing table. Quickly, an attendant would approach him with another drink.

"Efficiency at its finest, that is why I truly love this village" he would say with a smirk as he would immediately begin drinking his next drink.

Making his way through the ballroom, while sipping away at the cocktail, he would nod, wave, smile, and bow to the various people within the area. There were four subsets of people in the ballroom he had noticed; those working the party, those judging the party, those participating in the games, and then general VIP attendees that were there to either show support of the games, the Kazekage, the village itself, or their own social standing. He felt less pleased about those within that last category, but it just seemed to be how the world works. He could push against it, sure, but first, he needed some Sennin.

Appease first, agitate later. Remember, I don't have to accomplish everything in one year. This is my role until I die... I should have plenty of time.

Making his way to the stage, the musicians would bow, and he would return the gesture.

"Could y'all give me a moment to get ready? Play something a little light."

Taking the stage, he would finish his drink. An attendant would bring out a small standing table and place a new drink upon it. They would then take the empty glass from him and exit the stage.

Clearing his throat he would look at the standing microphone and then out into the audience. A strange feeling would immediately overcome him;

I think I'm going to be sick...

Pausing for a moment, he finally lowered his head and began looking at the script Yukina had helped him craft.

She should be here...

Placing the script on the podium, he would let out a sigh and prepare to speak. His mouth would open wide but nothing would come out, instead, he would immediately shut his mouth and walk over to the standing table, take his next drink, and begin sipping on it as he made his way back to the podium. Finally, he would speak.

"Thank you all for gathering here this evening. I know there is a lot of intrigue in not only this event and our competitors but also in general. Why do things in such a non-traditional way? I think concerns about upholding and respecting traditions is one that should be valued, but I also believe that change can also illicit growth. Evolution. We are standing at the precipice of a unique time for Sunagakure no Sato, a time in which the village can either adapt and evolve or stay complacent. Complacency is often given as a pejorative, that it is bad. It isn't, at least in context. This village has finally entered into a level where complacency is probably welcomed. Where consistency is finally consistent. After decades caught in a maelstrom, attacks from insurgents, attacks from twisted creatures from the wild expanse, and constant fear of a faction seeking to destroy you... Suna has finally reached a point where the day-to-day is mundane. A day that you live on the surface, that you thrive but not at the forced hand of survival, and one in which you can enjoy just the simplicity of existing without being on edge for the next danger."

Clearing his throat once more, he would take a sip from his drink. His head was now starting to feel a lot lighter, his mood relaxing more.

"And while we have reached the place of peace, is it where we should remain? Or is there a benefit to challenging ourselves, not merely waiting for challenges to come, to grow and change? We've already received one message from one of the other Great Nations challenging our previously held traditions, and we're already aware of the dangers still lingering in the Desert Expanse, but shouldn't we already be moving forward regardless of these external events and not simply because of them? Isn't it time to be proactive and stop merely being reactive? These Sennin Games will not only mark a new Sennin to join the upper ranks of our military but also mark a new chapter for our village. One where we look at our traditions and current concepts and make a decision on what truly is best for the progress of our village, what truly is sustainable."

Another sip and pause.

"So then, what about tonight? Why are we here? Why are some of us wearing these odd metallic wrist devices" he would say raising his own arm to show that he too was wearing the device, "Before we get to that, let me take a moment to mention that we will be doing something different within the Sennin Games. Like I said in my original announcement, this was to be a spectacle and showcase for not only our shinobi and our village but for all of Wind Country. In keeping with that promise, one of the Merchant Lords of Soon's Haven has graced us with an amazing opportunity; tonight, and all other facets of the game, will be recorded on film, and then Merchant Lord Guchi Sheena and her amazing team will take the film and release it for home consumption. So while it won't be real-time, each stage of the event will be witnessed by all those within our country, either in their home or at various gatherings planned around the country. Ultimately, the goal is for the final stages of the event to be filmed in real-time, witnessed in live broadcast form, but there are still several hurdles to climb before reaching that point, as Lord Sheena and her team are painfully aware of... so I say all that to say this; smile, because you are already on camera!"

He would take one big drink to polish off his liquor, and pausing once more to let that information sink in.

OOC: Just for time's sake, I'll post again in 48 hours. So if you want to get a reaction post in you can, otherwise you can just wait for the closing of my little speech here soon :)

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
1694176592797.jpeg
Yuna had entered the ballroom shortly before Raizo's grand speech. She seen every spot, every chair as a chess space. Everyone here but Raizo knows her only as Silent. The Kumo anbu looked around the ballroom to see who's here. Her eyes immediately locked on to Benzaiten. One that she had met the other day and the Chigokai can only assume was the one that had interrupted her meeting with Fukurokuju on who was holding the records of Mirokou Akkuma.

Looking around some more, she recognized Sora who she had sparred some time ago, talking with someone else. Along with that, other people which she can only guess to be part of the other branches or even oracles or sum such. She is still learning it all of so much people involved with so many different things. It was so much simpler in Cloud. There was the Raikage, and the three Sennin along with their branches. She pushed her thoughts out of the way and focused. She would eventually sit down next to a man that was by himself. He looked very nervous.

This by itself would pique the anbu's interest, but she also knows far too well people can adapt certain behaviors to gain the upper hand on someone. What does she think to get from this conversation? Maybe some insight, possibly even information that she doesn't even know that she needs. Sitting down at the same table, but across from the man, he would notice that the person was wearing a tiki mask with an animal pelt that is connected to the mask and going all the way down about a foot past the small of her back. Along with that, he would also see the wrist device on her left arm showing that she had indeed put the device on as told. She would wave her hand and water would materialize, turning into words.

It's weird to see someone nervous about the games if they themself are not a participant. Are you feeling well?

Before the man could reply, Raizo spoke up. Her attention would turn to him, but she would also keep a wary eye on her surroundings by continually looking around to see any changes in chakra disturbances in the environment. Raizo made these Games to try and break from tradition along with try and secure a better future for Sand. Aside from that, it looks like she is now just part of the entertainment for the citizens of Wind Country.

(topic entered)
(Sitting by Dai of Commerce)

Tsurara Moriko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Moriko had misjudged how much book remained, and was left striding along the hall in what could've been termed a hurry. Certainly the Kazekage's speech would be broadcast, but she had intended to see this in person. Even if she wasn't a great read on people, it was still data. She ought to be able to glean something.

She made it in just as the Kazekage reached the stage and exhaled, selecting a spot off to the side of the crowd--no pushing through anyone, no risking anyone trying to touch her. It would just look polite, she was fairly sure, especially with her usual blank and neutral expression.

Looks like I'm not the only one drying out. It was just good sense to stay hydrated here--absurd to think that off all people, their leader would get some kind of stage fright...

As she listened to him she realized Tsukiya had been dead on, as he often was with such reads. Raizo meant it. He really did want to pick someone who would think ahead, really did intend to shake things up. Really might mean, in fact, that combat prowess was not a major factor. Moriko was not an average Genin, to be sure, but she also had no illusions she matched up to what was generally thought of as 'Elite' strength.

So it wasn't impossible to win. Not to merely stand out. Which being fashionably late, were there such a thing here, might have caused at least some of.

A single winner, though...

It was easy to pick out the other contestants present, now; everyone save the Kage with the armbands on.

And, well...

Moriko had never really known the instability that Raizo spoke of. She had been born not long after her family fled Soon's Haven to the shinobi clan-safe zone of the newly-reconstructing Sunagakure. She had grown up with a growing, healing, prosperous village, where her family was free to build up their stupid traditions anew like painting their compound walls, where people got entrenched and raised families. Moriko had never been particularly worried that something would 'happen' unless she went somewhere marked out as unsafe. On paper, she was not what they were looking for.

However.

She was the sort to be easily bored.

Not traumatized or wearied like the veterans of the mythical Maelstrom and the years where the underground had been the actual city. Fresh perspective. Unafraid of change. Of pushing ever forward.

...Oh.

He meant 'games' literally, too.

And spectacle], for that matter. This would be filmed. Televised.

Moriko did not scowl. People who saw her on TV were not capable of trying to touch or flirt with her. And despite her stand-out looks, people probably would not focus on her for her appearance, but rather skills. Hopefully.

And they had to do live tapings, at the end...hopefully they did not have to answer personal questions; that would get quite awkward.

But if this was the road to the top...then it was. If this was the way to get to the change and excitement and self-identity she wanted, never mind the ability to be more...vicious...in the field...?

Then she'd take it.

[I'm not late you're late. Topic Entered]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Actually, it is quite an interesting story. See, we are a set of twins, well more like we were supposed to be that is. My sister, Kohana, lost her body in utero but her soul appeared to have latched onto my brother Shin. I laid there dormant for quite some time. You know Chakra is the combination of both spiritual and physical energy and since Kohana was lacking a physical body it was hard for me to manifest myself to my brother knowingly." For a moment, Suigetsu was able to sit and enjoy the sheer absurdity of what chakra and science could do when they met.

A set of twins where one not only absorbed the other, but did so in such a meticulous way where they both could survive relatively unscathed for lack of a better term? If The Ancient would have had the time he would have gone and poured over the Oracles tombs to find out if this was just a historical genetic blip or if there was a way to purposefully induce such an outcome. Perhaps, if he figured out the mystery behind the two before him, then he could figure out just how he managed to subconsciously do it with Sora, or even if there were unexpected and long forgotten other members of his fractured psyche. "Well, that is quite the tale, and to think, that in the innumerable possibilities of the universe, it actually worked." Whether Suigetsu meant the statement to the twins or himself was a mystery that he didn't want to figure out.

Wanting to dive in for more, Suigetsu had only managed to get one more quip out before the Kazekage made his way to the forefront of everyone's attention. Though it could have easily been a heart tug of Sora's, one of the first things that Suigetsu noticed was the fact that the pink haired attendant of the Kazekage wasn't there. That probably explaining the somewhat nervous composure of the Kazekage caused him to pay more attention than he usually dared to commit to. Hearing the usual political fluff, Suigetsu like most no doubt, mentally stalled when the Kazekage said, "These Sennin Games will not only mark a new Sennin to join the upper ranks of our military but also mark a new chapter for our village.", before following up with stating that the games would be recorded.

With the words coming out in such a matter of fact way, the script seemed to write itself as more than one face in the room gave way to shock and alarm, the same shock and alarm that would be broadcasted to the rest of the country in some way shape or form and eventually, recorded in the annals of history. Stilling his own emotions, Suigetsu hoped that the fidelity on such recordings wouldn't be too high as he raised an eyebrow and knowing nod. The Ancient suspected that there would probably be many that would drop out, or that would lose the favor of the people and be forced to drop out. Broadcasting such an event would lead to many other mysteries and unwanted secrets being uncovered no doubt. If a participant owed another person money, or if somewhere were lying about their intentions, all would see and all would be privy to the eventual revealed mess. In a way, the field of play hadn't really shrank, but it had expanded to every man, woman and child in the Wind Country. Now viewing himself on a trial of sorts, Suigetsu looked to the twins and gave them a playful pat on the back. "Now this... I don't think anyone saw coming."

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
More people had funneled into the room, but he was sure that it wasn't everyone, and honestly, it was probably best not all of them be in this one spot. He wasn't sure if the room could actually hold all of them anyways, at least not with all the fluffer attendees.

He would continue.

"Now I am sure some of you have already processed what this means, but some of you might still be in the dark on this; for those of you participating, you are on full display. This is a spotlight and magnitude that many of you were maybe not expecting nor that some of you want, while others of you may revel at the ability to be put on such a stage. The reality for this decision was simple for two reasons; 1) The easiest reason; if you are selected to be a Sennin, you are standing in this very spotlight already, we are giving you a chance to grow accustomed to those lights instead of starting out blinded. 2) As I mentioned originally, these games aren't just a simple test--you are now going to be viewed, judged, and scrutinized not only by myself, those assisting with the games, but also your peers, village members, and country mates. Being able to handle that pressure is no small feat, folding to that pressure is no grand failure; you are being tested."

He would flip his sheets of paper over, shuffling them around a bit.

"Now on to the focus of this evening. As already mentioned, you all are wearing these wrist devices, which were made by the head of our Journeyman Order, Takahashi Satoshi, of the renowned Takahashi Clan who has served this village and country proudly. This device will be used throughout the games for various purposes, to keep track of your progress. To activate,"

He would raise his arm up once more, "you must press this button and then emit a small amount of chakra. The runic work of Satoshi will then kick in on that small amount of energy and the device will start up."

The screen on his device would begin to light up as a small creature would appear.

"Satoshi has stated that this device all works fundamentally the same but because it is powered by your chakra, or your spiritual essence, it is not an exact science like modern [of the NC world] technology. Instead, each of yours might act a little differently based on your own personality, but I have been assured that all of them will have the same fundamental character and starting prompt; a little creature named C.U.R.O. or "kur-oh" and you should all receive a welcome message introducing you to the device."

G8d8h7z.png

LIrjG3E.png

Lowering his own device he would continue.

"You will notice that you all have a score, and that score is starting at 50 out of 100. For tonight's game, the rules are fairly simple. It's a battle royal..."

There would be an amount of tension in his pause, but his own expression would grow annoyed.

"...of appeal. That's right, you will be assessed by our judges, non-participants within the house, based on your conversations, actions, and behaviors tonight. Favorable conversation? Gain points. Pick your nose? Lose points, depending on who sees you. The rationale for this is simple enough, if not mundane for those of you itching to do more punching; I need Sennin that are not just pillars of strength. I need Sennin that are pillars of our village. Can you relate? Can you speak in a way that promotes yourself on our causes? While this may not seem like an exciting assessment, I want to caution you on believing this to be an easy one; are you truly someone who this village can believe in? If so, show it."

Again, this wasn't really the most exciting part of the game design and mostly was an addition pressured on him by the Commerce Directors. Still, he saw the merit in it. As much as it was a figure of strength, this position also had its share of politics.

"Your score at the end of this round tonight will be used for rankings in the next round. The score caps at 100 but as a reminder, you can also lose points just as quickly as you gain them. Should you wish to question any transactions, you will have to talk to me. I have access to all participant's points and overall score sheets. If my ruling goes in your favor, you will be returned the points taken or given to you, and if my ruling goes against your favor, you will be penalized 20 points."

He would pause again because this stipulation was one he didn't necessarily come up with, it was his attendant Yukina, but after she explained it he liked it.

"You, as a participant, are able to give your points to fellow participants but are not able to take them away from others. Any points you give will be subtracted from your total."

Who would willingly give up points, would most likely be a thought in the minds of those listening.

"You are welcome to hide away from judges, but every hour you go without receiving feedback on interacting with another person wearing one of these devices will result in a loss of 5 points."

There had to be some strategy to this game, and just hiding to cover up your weak spot wasn't the worst idea, especially if you felt it would cost you more points interacting with others.

"Last bit on the rules; since this competition will have us staying up through the night, you are welcome to retire to your room and head for bed. If that is what you wish to do, remove the device and the 5-point penalty will be deducted based on the time remaining. And lastly, we will have a group meeting, for those who wish to attend, in 3 and 6 hours, in the meeting room on the second floor. Those who attend will receive 10 points automatically and those who do not, will not be punished. We have roughly 8 hours of competition tonight, so best of luck. Coffee, along with any and all beverages and food, are available to judges and participants at your request. I shall stick around the ballroom for a moment and then will wander around the premises for the remainder of the game."

He would begin crumpling up his papers before pausing on one.

"Oh, just noticed I received clarification from Satoshi about what C.U.R.O. stands for... and he says it stands for Shove It Up---okay, never mind. Good luck participants, I hope you all put your best foot forward!"

With that, and with a slight look of annoyance, he would crumple up the last sheet of notes.

"I guess I will need to have a word with Satoshi tonight..." he would say away from the mic as he would now step off the stage and pick up another drink waiting for him.

MFT - 1159 words

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
This is officially the start of the First Hour. If you talk to an event NPC to try and get points, please make sure you make an OOC note at the bottom of your post which NPC it is. If an Event NPC responds or approaches you, they will tag your account to help in sorting out the conversations in the threads.

Hours will pass in intervals of 72 hours, just to give everyone a chance to try and get a post in before being penalized. Hopefully this will also keep the event progressing at a nice enough pace, especially since it is my [Raizo's] fault this event has been so delayed in the first place.

Lastly, please keep track of your current score at the end of your posts by just adding a #/100, it will help me as a second set of eyes! If you decide to give any points to a player, tag them and put the transaction as an OOC note at the end of your post.

Current scores:
Everyone is at 50/100

@Kaen @Kanmuri @Sunahoshi Suzaku @Sunaku Harupia @Tsurara Moriko @Miroku Akkuma @Uziuke @Shingetsu Sora @Chigokai Yuna @Okami Roku @Chikamatsu Shin

Please feel free to give your CURO a personality if you wish, otherwise it is just an little helper on your wrist!

hmETfuz.png

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"You must press this button and then emit a small amount of chakra. The runic work of Satoshi will then kick in on that small amount of energy and the device will start up." It seemed simple enough, but as Suigetsu stared at the device on his wrist, he found that his C.U.R.O. wasn't operating as he expected it to be. Instead, as he stared at the screen, the only thing that he saw was a swirling icon and the word, 'Calibrating', surrounding by a spinning symbol. Technology wasn't Suigetsu's forte, people were, and while his long lived experience gave him some insight into how many of the fundamental building blocks of society's sciences worked, he was apt enough to know how to figure out just what was going on with his device based on a cursory glance. Confident as he was with winsome words, Suigetsu was divided in his pursuits due to the fact that there was a score to be kept. A score that he oddly wasn't able to see right now. Looking back at his device, he sighed as he watched it continue to calibrate while he mentally fought to keep his panic from rising. For just the briefest moment, when the Kazekage mentioned that the device worn by most in the room was produced by a Takahashi, Suigetsu's face visibly twitched. Like the phases of the Moon, most of his Court could be temperamental but certain age old vendetta's refused to go away into the night.

To that end, the perplexing nature of why his own device was having issues while others were not was quickly becoming apparent as Suigetsu heard many beeps and boops as the technology booted up. Just like with the airship situation, he'd have to stumble his way through the technology of this newer generation before he finally found his footing. In the meantime however, he'd do what he did best in times like this, talk a good game. Turning to the twins, he pointed at his device and shook his head. "It seems like I received the defective one." Shrugging, he stuck his hands into his garments. "To the outside world, Shin is Shin, not necessary a two-in-one combo. Kohana, what's in it for you if Shin wins it all?" As if thinking better of the question, Suigetsu shook his head and raised a hand to stop either of the two from answering. "Actually, don't answer that question." Though the pause was brief, it was still quite uncomfortable for the Ancient at least. "Nobody gets through these sort of things alone, and there's probably a number of people about to attempt the same, but how about we partner up for this? If necessary, I loan you points or you loan me points, whatever it takes for us to advance together." Looking around at the field, there were more than enough people that Suigetsu could tell would probably be just as a cunning if not more so. "Nobody ever makes it alone in life. At least, not for long, anyway." For as much as Suigetsu was probably making sense, in some way he had overplayed his hand by being a bit too mature for his implied age.

OOC: Sora/Suigetsu's C.U.R.O. is currently calibrating due to them being an Ancient.
OOC#2: Attempting to form a pact with Shin.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
w0q5PQp.png

Dai - Director of Trade
Dai nervously continued to fidget at the table as the masked competitor joined him. His eyes would briefly glance up before turning back to look down. In that short moment, he would notice the words of water.

"My brother is late. I don't like parties, but my brother does."

His response would be quick and to the point. There would be more fidgeting before he would pause and look back up at the masked figure, one to see if she responded and two for his own question.

"Silent..."

He would hesitate for a bit, his eyes only darting to look at the masked figure very quickly before darting to look off to the side.

"Why... why are you here? What... what... what are you hoping to accomplish?"

His nervousness would be the easiest thing to read about him, what would be a bit hard to read is what he was angling at with his question. Was it sincere? Was it pertaining to her choosing to sit next to him or was it a bigger picture question? Was it intrusive? Was it even a question he wanted to ask?

@Chigokai Yuna

hJqRHuh.png

Hotei - Oracle
The rotund figure in a mask, with several plates of food before him, would, with a giant grin, look up and start waving in the direction of Sora and Shin.

"SORA! SOOOOOOORRRRRRAAAAAAAA!!!! COME HERE!!!!"

His tone was jovial, his smile was ear to ear, and his voice carried all throughout the ballroom. It seemed the Oracle wanted someone to join him, and his current sit was set on the one known as Shingetsu Sora.

"CHECK OUT THIS SPREAD!!!!"

Or maybe he was just hungry and didn't like eating alone...

@Shingetsu Sora

8KqaDtp.png

Benzaiten would continue to pace back and forth between the tables, even as people started to filter back out of the ballroom. Because of her mask it was difficult to tell who she was looking at, but if one was to take an educated guess it would either be Shin, Sora, or Yuna. Since her expression couldn't be seen, it was hard to tell just what it was she was waiting for while pacing.

UlAAE44.png

Tomoe - Leader within the Main Branch
A shadow would appear behind Tsurara Moriko as the armor-clad Jounin, Tomoe, the defacto current leader of the Main Branch would appear. Her face was like it had been chiseled in stone, as she firmly grasped a mug of alcohol for herself. Her eyes peer down at Moriko.

"Tsurara Moriko, Genin in rank, I would like to have a word with you if you'd wish to join me. I am Ito Tomoe, Jounin in rank," she would raise up the hand not holding her mug to display she was wearing a device on her wrist as well, but her screen looked different than that of Moriko's, "and I am one of the proctor's of this round. If you'd wish to join me in chat, I will be heading to the Game Room and will be taking a seat out on the patio. Meet me there."

And with that, the armored warrior would nod and head off towards the patio area of the Game Room.
OOC: Tomoe has left this thread
@Tsurara Moriko

PmOLjnl.png

Kaori - Med Chief
Kaori, who for a moment was the only Medical Chief and therefore the de facto head of the Med Branch, would be perched upon the bar, with her back leaning on the counter as she would wait for Shin to notice her. Should they, she would wink and motion with a head movement for the fellow Med-Chief to join them at the bar.
@Chikamatsu Shin

8bP7AXa.png

Oiwa would remain in the corner she had entered upon making her way to this room and would stay there just to keep an eye on everything unfolding.

OOC: As of now, there would be no changes to anyone in this room's score.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"To the outside world, Shin is Shin, not necessary a two-in-one combo. Kohana, what's in it for you if Shin wins it all? Actually, don't answer that question. Nobody gets through these sort of things alone..." The red eyes of Kohana took her brother's form. She turned to look at Sora, with a clear dissatisfaction with what she was hearing. "My goals are mine to know, child, and I believe you are under a misunderstanding of the situation at hand." She raised both arms each with their own C.U.R.O Device. "Shin grabbed to of these devices."

Stepping out of Shin body emerged a young woman who appeared to look extremely similar to Shin. A Clone Jutsu manifested into reality thanks to the entropy warping skills that Shin had developed. One of the C.U.R.O devices rested on her arm as Shin's eyes returned to their blue state. "Shin isn't alone, and neither am I." It was at this point that Shin noticed his fellow Medical Chief looking towards him.

"Kohana, Please feel free to carry on as you wish, but it appears I have someone who wishes to speak with me." He raised a fist and tapped the back of his hand against his sister who mirrored the motion. Kohana looked at the boy before her, crossing her arms with a smug look on her face. "So, Sora, it appears you are the one that is competing alone in this competition. What can you do to prove to Shin and I now that you are a man of your word?"

Shin would make his way to the bar to meet with Medical Chief Kaori. "Such an off place for us to finally meet in person. I have read some of your reports, and I must say you are quite impressive." He would flip his wrist, using Chaos Witch reality bending powers to conjure a bouquet of small flowers. He would present them out as he bowed his head and shifted his foot behind him in proper etiquette. "Allow me to formally introduce myself. Chikamatsu Shin, Overseer of the Chikamatsu Clan, and the newly appointed Medical Chief of Research and Development. I am honored to meet you." He lifted his head to look at Kaori with a grin on his face and a slightly raised brow. "I am surprised that someone with your talents and influence isn't competing in the games, I suppose I will have to be the representative for the Omni Prime Medical Complex in this competition." Fully raising to stand erect he would look to the bartender who was busy making drinks. He raised two fingers and mouthed `anything will do` as he would take a seat at one of the barstools and await for the drinks to arrive.

50/100 points idk if Shin and Kohana will be sharing points, I assume they would be

Tsurara Moriko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The spotlight, already.

Moriko was not entirely sure where she fell in the range of 'oh no' to 'yes!' on that one. Probably somewhere in the middle. Spotlight was good, but immediately--and what if it was something she wasn't any good at? Or fighting, when several at least of these people undoubtedly outclassed her?

Still, she could stand by her assessment that combat currently seemed unlikely for as long as they were in the house. Perhaps it would occur later, on the grounds--but for now there was and would be none.

She wasn't sure how she felt about that.

The reasons for the spotlight at least made sense. Yes, a great deal of it. And so she resolved to not only make the best of this, but use it well. There was a difference between getting through something because you had to, and tackling it with all your ability. As this was a contest of sorts against rivals of unknown strength, clearly the latter would go better for her here.

She blinked and looked at the device upon the explanation of it. A little creature...? Well, just after this she'd activate it and see what that was all about.

Surely not.

Although Moriko did not find more appealing the rest of the sentence, certainly. Polite, she could do. That being said, she knew herself to come across as cold. That might be seen as an issue, by whomever was assigning points. The safe route was clearly to not engage at all, but how safe was it? (Not that she was at all considering that route herself.)

Are you truly someone who this village can believe in?

That was a thrown gauntlet, all right. And she was pretty sure it was supposed to be, too.

Why would anyone give points away...? There had to be some sort of benefit for that. Well, if you did it right, you would look noble and possibly gain favour there. Which would then get you more points, possibly more than you'd given. It was a gamble, of course, and one would have to time and phrase it correctly. She would believe Tsukiya could do it, engineer it even. This was more his battlefield than hers. Her...

Well. She couldn't engineer such a scenario, but if she were genuinely impressed by someone, then perhaps. It would need to be organic.

And then of course, the kicker--hiding cost you points. At a rate that would, should you do so the whole night, knock you all the way down to ten points. Not a good option, then, for anyone--unless you were so sure everyone else would bomb.

The group meeting just sounded like free points, honestly. Why would you not attend? If you maybe had something else planned you thought would do better...? Well, even then, plan it around those intervals.

She paused when Raizo seemed to be about to say something again, but that sounded like absolutely not her business, so she poked at her wrist device with a touch of chakra instead.

Act a little differently based on personality, huh. Would they be taking note of that? And what aspects of her personality would be reflected in this little thing?

It communicated through text, at least; no tinny verbal noises jumped out from it. What exactly would it be like...?

Speaking of jumping, she did not when someone practically (or literally?) manifested behind her. She turned quickly, but kept her hands from her weapons. Initiating hostilities here seemed...unwise.

A proctor? Moriko nodded slowly in return and only glanced down at the little vaguely feline creature in the screen on her wrist.

It'd be stupid not to go. I'm pretty sure you know that.

Yes, true. And Moriko wasn't stupid.

So, just as quickly as she had entered, she exited to head back the way she came. Why on earth did a proctor want to talk to her...?

She'd have to find out.

[Topic Exit -> Game Room]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Of dear! It didn't take an Ancient to figure out that he'd stepped right onto a landmine. With the sheer look of contempt that the twins gave him, Suigetsu took a step back just in case. "My goals are mine to know, child, and I believe you are under a misunderstanding of the situation at hand." Grimacing, Suigetsu had to agree that she had a point there. She didn't have to tell him her plans. Raising their arm, she showed the device and with as much effort as a person my open an unlocked door, the twins separated, one as Shin and one as Kohana. "Shin isn't alone, and neither am I." So it seemed, and continuing on as if the trick was a normal occurrence, Suigetsu watched as the brother walked away to talk to someone else while he was left relatively alone with the sister. "So, Sora, it appears you are the one that is competing alone in this competition. What can you do to prove to Shin and I now that you are a man of your word?" People skills, the Ancient was rusty but much like any member of the Deep Court, he could indeed roll with the tide. Taking a deep breath, his face scrunched up as he made a show of really thinking about his answer.

"Firstly, that was quite the cool trick." Though said in a matter of fact way, Suigetsu wasn't lying as he did indeed pocket the idea of doing something similar with Sora, should the time call for it. It would no doubt require some practice to truly pull off in a pinch but the idea was enough to spur him towards a tested resolution. "Secondly, the fact that I'm a Genin and still have been treated like your peer in all of this truly shows that whether I'm a child as you referred to me as, or a man as you expect me to be, we're on the same playing field. Either I'm aiming high or you're punching down, but whichever it is, you're no further ahead of me than I am of either of you." Said all the while with a smile, Suigetsu dropped all the veneer of Sora's childlike lack of attentiveness and delivered his words with every bit of a smile. For the moment, Kohana had his full attention. "Thirdly, and this was truly my original point, I need you as much as you need me. This test is one of appeal and as much as I'd love to tell my mother and father to reach out to all of my cousins for their votes, the simple fact of the matter is that I can't ignore the fact that you matter just as much to my chance of being Sennin as they do."

Making a waving motion with his hand, he shrugged once more. "The way I see it, if they asked the garbage cleaner at the Academy for his opinion on Shingetsu Sora, I'd want him to say that he always saw me cleaning up after myself, helping out the new students and generally being a good kid, and the same goes for you and your brother. If the whole of this fishbowl experiment came down to the last five minutes, could you honestly say that you could count on me if you or your brother needed a single donated point to pass?" Looking directly into the woman's eyes, Suigetsu cocked his head in such a matter to show that it was something to think about. "SORA! SOOOOOOORRRRRRAAAAAAAA!!!! COME HERE!!!!" Caught off guard, with just as quickly as Sora had seen to grow up, he instantly shrunk back to the familiar posture inquisitive teenager. Turning to look at where the voice had come from, he finally spotted the rather bubbly looking yellow fellow. Turning back to Kohana, he chuckled. "Ha! Would you look at that, the Genin with a puncher's chance just made a new friend without even trying!" "CHECK OUT THIS SPREAD!!!!" Not seeing or hearing that anyone was equally inviting Kohana with such a boisterous charm, Suigetsu decided to extend the proverbial olive branch once more. "So, are you game or will I just have to promise to meet you at the finish line?"

Giving a genuine smile, Suigetsu gave a playful salute and then made his way towards the loudest mouth in the East. On his way, he passed by a peculiar woman that seemed to be lost. Stepping just slightly into her path, Sora attempted to get her attention. "Excuse me, miss. Did you need some help?" Though he was sure that it was clear who he was speaking to, the mask gave no indication if she was actually looking at him, or through him. Nervously gesturing towards his hungry new acquaintance just a few meters away, Suigetsu put on some more of Sora's boyish charm. "Hey look, it's going to be a long night and I know basically one person in here. If you want, you can just join us for a bite or two, but if you're looking for somebody else, I completely understand. Hopefully I'll catch you around sometime." Smiling, he continued on towards the man who had called out to him before. Who was he and how did he know Sora exactly? Suigetsu couldn't recall seeing him before. As if on cue, the watch-like device on Suigetsu's arm sparked to life with an interesting series of pinging sounds before text began to scroll across the screen. ~Calibration complete!~ Oh? That was good!

~Chakra link inconclusive...Update required! Please do not turn off device...~ Oh! That was bad! Wanting to give the device more attention, but recognizing that it would be rude to continue to stare at the thing, Suigetsu was glad that the device was doing something but for now, he'd focus on actually talking to people instead of being stuck staring at a screen. Walking right up to plate master, Sora threw his hands up in shock! "Oh wow, you weren't kidding! They truly thought of everything!" Whether Sora or Suigetsu, there could be no mistaking that they were kindred spirits. On the table, with as mundane a presentation as ever, were crispy fried potatoes, often shortened to fries. Suigetsu loved fries, Sora loved fries, and while the Ancient couldn't be sure if he'd had any other personalities before, he could most assuredly confirm that they'd be the real deal if they too loved fries. Without wasting another moment, Suigetsu sat down and began to dig in. "Say, I didn't catch your name before!" Pausing only to ask the man's name, Suigetsu grabbed another fry and popped it into his mouth before he shook his head in utter appreciation of the finer things in life. Whether Kohana or the silent lady had joined them was less of a concern than a perfectly sliced and fried potato.

OOC: Inviting Kohana and Benzaiten to dine with Hotei and Sora.
OOC: Sora/Suigetsu's C.U.R.O. is currently updating due to them being an Ancient.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Yuna would listen as Raizo would speak of how tonight's competition is going to go. It was a meet and greet. Her one weakness... Being an outsider anbu operative won't help her much on this, especially since she has taken up the silent route. She has no choice but to stick to her own guns and hope that she scores enough points to stay in the Games. She knows surely that Akkuma will be talking people up. As for her CURO device... She looked down at it and pushed the button, emitting her own chakra to go through it.

A minute has past. Two... She wondered if her three chakra pools were having troubles with translating itself into a chibi CURO form. Eventually a CURO did appear, it was a masked little female, just like her, but it didn't move around, almost as if her normal chakra, water reserves, and natural energies are still trying to form together into one type of personality. But even so, she could definitely see an aura surrounding her
1694600388293.jpeg
own CURO.

She turned back to Dai as he spoke. Short and to the point, kind of like her. Except for the nervousness part. She has no time to be nervous. So his brother was late and he hates parties. She thought about her response, and then focused her chakra to make watery words yet again.

I can understand not wanting to be at parties. I'm out of my element here. As for your brother, you will just have to have faith in him. If anything, I could help you look for him if you'd like.

The watery words would evaporate once Dai had a chance to look at them and then Yuna would watch his eye movement as his eyes flit from her to something off to the side. She would let out an almost inaudible sigh as she thought through things as he asked a question. ANBU training kicked in to tell her not to look behind her, to rather open up her senses to try and discern things around her. She would focus on the natural energies in the room and try and get a feel for anything out of place that might be behind her. It's no Byakugan, but at least it will give her an idea of if there's something or someone behind her. Keeping her anbu trained ears open she would listen for any sounds in the background that might pose a threat to her.

She would take into consideration of the possibility of someone undesirable around them and she would make the next bit of watery words in her hands, to offer little visibility to those who might try and eavesdrop the conversation.

If that question is pertained to me, then I am here to help strengthen the bonds between Cloud and Sand Village. I understand the wariness of a foreigner with a mask on, and am in hopes that my participating in the Sennin Games that the citizens of Sand Village can trust me along with me getting to know some of the fine people of this Village, especially if they do become Sennin at the end of these games.

(conversing with Dai Director of Trade)
(CURO points 50/100)
(CURO active, but still discerning personality and other characteristics due to Yuna having three chakra pools, along with that CURO chibi has an aura about it.)

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
The simple hallway leading to the vast Ballroom was a study in simplicity, a stark contrast to the opulence that lay beyond the Grand Ballroom. As Akkuma stepped into the hallway, his presence & aura would roll out as he listened to Raizo's words. 'So we're to win the favor of the judges or competition...pageantry why am I surprised?' Then again Sennin-ship did have it's diplomatic duties after all. No doubt this would be a means to gauge their capacity to navigate social interactions. Approaching the threshold of the room his tall athletic physique was framed by the archway, creating a striking silhouette against the muted backdrop of the hallway. Amidst the sea of guests that attended he wondered who would be the unknown variables that would win this round for whoever was the lucky contender.

Akkuma's outfit was a juxtaposition of worlds. Beneath the shimmering white business suit that he wore, there was a hint of something unconventional. The pristine suit was impeccably tailored, a sleek silhouette, with a high collar that exuded sophistication & refinement. It was as if he had stepped out of the pages of a high fashion-magazine. However what truly set the Sage apart was what lay beneath that extravagant suit. The unmistakable silhouette of a still-suit, its sandy-coloured fabric peeking out at the collar & cuffs. It had been a gift from his Toraono brethren many years ago, over time he had made a few alterations.

But it served as a less then subtle hint at his ties to the Sunagakurians & his connection to this Unforgiving Desert that the Sunans called home. The still-suit's presence under the formal attire was a paradox of practicality & extravagance. His striking appearance was completed by his long straight hair. That cascaded like a waterfall of white silk down his back, shimmering under the ballroom's radiant lights. Those emerald-green eyes of his, an otherworldly hue that seemed to pierce the souls of those who met his gaze. He held an air of mystery & intrigue as he entered the room with a devilish grin. "Let's get this party started..." he would say to a nearby attendee with a chuckle. How many of them were already out there scheming among the throng of attendees?

The Sage moved with grace & purpose. His steps measured & confident, as if he were a King surveying his realm. Demonstrating a presence that radiated magnetic charisma, a contrast to that menacing aura that seemed to emanate from him. He was a living contradiction on many fronts, tonight he would be a symbol. One that represented the enigmatic allure of Sunagakure, with a fusion of elegance & desert pragmatism. Passing chakra through his device the Sage would scan the crowd while he waited for it to calibrate to his chakra profile. That was when his gaze fell upon a small growing gathering of individuals, some of which he recognized. Where better to get started on the night? That was unless someone decided to get his attention before he made his way to them. As the Sages C.U.R.O calibrated what it reflected was a sight to behold & yet the little creature remained silent. Perhaps it was still calibrating? Or was it just observing as the user it reflected so often did, the only other sign that it wasn't completely defective was the score that was displayed alongside the still rendering image.

OOC: Heading towards Shin, Kohana, Sora, Benzaiten & Hotei unless intercepted by an interested Ballroom attendee.
C.U.R.O Score: 50/100 (Edited to add Score amount xD forgot to add that is late here)
Miroku CURO 2.jpg

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
w0q5PQp.png

Dai - Director of Trade

"He is running late."

His tone would be sharp and decisive, the first time in all of the interaction. The boldness within that one moment would only remain for a split second as he would quickly return to the ball of nerves that had previously been sitting before Silent.

"You are an outsider... if you are awarded to Sennin... are you planning to leave your old village?"

Surely she had thought of the answer to this question before, no matter whether she did or didn't believe she could win in this competition.

Dai would continue anxiously looking around while still making sure to check to see what watery words may or may not appear. Suddenly a sound would peep on his CURO.

"Oh, no, not good..."

He would then press on the screen before turning back to anxiously scanning the area.

@Chigokai Yuna
@Miroku Akkuma would receive +10 points

hJqRHuh.png

Hotei - Oracle
The large body Orcale would laugh as the young man and his female friend would join him for some food. For a moment he would give a glance to Benzaiten, but would immediately return to his company and the food. Clicking on his own CURO, he would continue.

"I knew you'd appreciate a good meal! I have an eye for people who can appreciate the simple things in life, and it doesn't get much simpler than food. We all crave it, we all want it, we all need it..." he paused for a moment as his gaze shifted to Kohana.

Hmmm, does she have an appetite in her condition...

He wouldn't dwell on it much longer, "the name I go by is HOTEI and I am part of the Oracle Order. Now my turn for a question, and this one goes to both of you; what is your favorite meal?"

Was this a test or did the man just really love food that much?

@Shingetsu Sora and @Chikamatsu Shin would both receive +2 points

8KqaDtp.png

Benzaiten would pause and turn to Sora as he attempted to talk to her. She would then turn her head in time to meet the gaze of Hotei.

"I will decline the offer for food... that table has enough already..."

Her attention, with everyone now situated a bit more, would return to her true focus. The table with Dai and Silent.

PmOLjnl.png

Kaori - Med Chief

She would smile and bow, accepting the flowers.

"Silly, Shin, pleasantries like flowers will only get you so far with a lady like me. My name is Aoki Kaori, and after the disappearance of Kasen, the rise of Swarm attacks, the ousting of Tama, and the influx of refugees, I was the last one standing in the medical wings... so I am truly glad to have someone of your talent back in the village."

As the drinks would arrive, she would blush and take up her drink with a small giggle.

"I could never take on this sort of challenge... my heart couldn't handle it."

She would pause for a moment as she took a sip of her drink, her cheeks immediately began to glow red.

"To be too close to him... a desire, a curse..."

She was lost in her own thoughts, and some thoughts they must have been, and within a moment she would realize that she was in public and would snap back to reality.

"Oh my! So sorry, I was thinking about... a case... but yes, you will have the honor of holding up the medical arts within this competition. I hope that you are successful in doing so, it could be a good opportunity to bring our recruitment numbers up!"

She would then tap on her CURO screen and giggle once more.

"As a sign of being such a gracious talking partner so far, here are some points... but don't think you'll be able to just simply milk points out of me that easily moving forward!"

A playful grin would appear on her face as she took another sip of her drink.

@Chikamatsu Shin would receive +10 points

8bP7AXa.png

Oiwa would remain in the corner she had entered upon making her way to this room and would stay there just to keep an eye on everything unfolding. But her attention would turn to the entering Akkuma.
@Miroku Akkuma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back