Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Event CLOSED: Kyōsaku House: Right Path - First Floor "Grand Ballroom"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Go ahead, ask away." Something about her had changed, as she had once put it, her answer was a little too measured, a little too succinct. "Then it will be my turn to ask the next question." Perhaps, she was shocked that Suigetsu had spoken so frankly about what he was, or perhaps he had managed to pierce the veil of her secrecy. There was however, the very real chance that she was going for a longer con and expecting Suigetsu to reveal more or to see if he had an accomplices. Certainly every learned person knew of the horrors that an Ancient was capable of and if there was one around then there usually tended to be another around. For some inexplicable reason their kind seemed to be drawn towards each other even to their detriment. So far as Suigetsu could surmise, there weren't any others around, and he hadn't crossed paths with Kaen so even the dastardly fire breather wasn't seemingly waiting to pounce. Taking the opening and invitation for what it was, Suigetsu held up his arm and with the C.U.R.O. device and shook it a few times for emphasis. "Why a game?" The question seemed understandable enough. "You all managed to figure me out quite embarrassingly fast, and I suspect that I couldn't have been the most shocking or annoying revelation to come out of all of this. So why a game at all if the ne'er-do-well's and untouchables could have been weeded out with half the effort of what it took to throw this extravagant thing? The Oracles tend to know all and all that they don't know tends to be found in due time, so, why a game at all when the normal census taking and fisticuffs could have sufficed?" Feeling once again the C.U.R.O. attached to him, he made a motion of openness by shrugging his arms. "What sort of fated question did you have in mind?" He had asked his question and thus she was open to ask her own.

OOC: Score: 72/100

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the Oracle spoke, he looked at the Kuro, the sandy fox that appeared to be his avatar yiping happily as the point amount rose. He smiled as he said “Well, I don’t imagine you would know what the meeting was about? Well, if Ill be able to find out later it’ll show I’m resourceful in this game won't it…we probably should sit down” he mused while reaching his hands towards two chairs within the room they were in, using the specks of dust and dirt to drag them in. Sand may not be the most obvious weapon, but one would be surprised just how abundant it was even if you’d least expect it.

He offered the Oracle one of the seats, noting how attentive she seemed. Which was understandable…he did want to share the tale only issue was, as far as he was aware, this was a very public channel. And some things he wanted to share might be… delicate to handle “I have a lot of ground to cover, and I can imagine some people may be interested in why I was away so long… I am assuming we are still being actively monitored as we speak Oiwa-san?” he asked matter of factly. He would tell his story if they were…he just assumed at some point “something” might happen to get them of the grid for a bit… For the time, he could spin quite the tale for the masses.

“Regardless, it began with the task I was sent on before my disappearance… The requests we had at Yamori station. Have the others returned from the excursion safely, by the way? I did see Kean for the games, but not sure about the others” he asked, genuine concern in his voice before continuing “As we came to the village we received different tasks. In my case, the Major took me out of town, far from it, deep into the unsettled desert, until we reached a massive mountain range…one that would take days to go around. The peculiar thing is that right in the middle of it, there was a massive gash…as if something broke or carved into the mountain”

Taking a moment for a breath in, clapping his hand in front of himself he continued “The Major request was for me to try and widen the gap, get it deeper, so that his man could try and get into the mountain. And it was simple enough with my abilities, as I started to grind down the stone into sand…what I wasn’t expecting…or warned about…was what could be alarmed by my actions. An Ant…of gigantic proportions, one at least three times as big as me. And soon more came from the ground under me, causing the ground to collapse”

He chuckled as he spoke “I’ve apparently angered a whole giant anthill, and they were crawling up to face the man from Yamori… from what I heard them screaming, they seemed prepared for these kinds of attacks…but never felt the need to warn me about them. As things happened on the surface I used my sand ability to stop my fall and ascend using a sand Cloud. As I went up I managed to look around the underground area I was in…It was a literal anthill, but the size of a city, with all sorts of tunnels stretching as far as I could see, crawling with them. It was as fascinating to see…in its scale…and there thought of getting lost in the caverns was quite frightening. At least I was close to getting back out of the surface…that is until the people on it decided the best way to fend off the Ants was to flush the damn hole…the ants were caught up in the current, but some of the workers were as well…Ive only managed to survive by hiding in one of the tunnels and walling myself off.”

Once again he paused a bit, the memories of the days…weeks that came after still fresh in his head. Shaking it he said “So there I was, alone in a naturally made hostile environment, with giant ants to keep me company…and other people. I do want to ask, would you want me to give the details on the…hostile encounters I had there, or would you prefer I skip to the part where I was saved” he asked with a pause. He did mention the one who saved him earlier, which he was sure Oiwa wouldn’t miss. The question was if she was as interested in the biological wonder that was the monsters underground, or was she a strictly historical buff. And well…he did need to figure out just how much to disclose. Causing a public panic talking about Unbent, or the revelation of the library he was taken to…he needed to thread carefully.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
w0q5PQp.png

Dai - Director of Trade

He looked up at the sweaty and confused young man. While he was shy and timid with Silent, there would be a much different look in his eyes towards this new person.

"I'm waiting for my bother, please find another table--"

It would sound like he was finished with his thought, there would be a pause after all. In reality, he was merely waiting for dramatic effect, something Hikema told him was always important.

"sweat-soaked trash like you should give up."

And with that, he would press on his CURO and his eyes would follow suit with his words and demeanor, and dismiss Roku.

Okami Roku is awarded -5 points

hJqRHuh.png

Hotei - Oracle

From the door of the kitchen, the rotund Oracle would appear once more, observing who remained in the ballroom.

8KqaDtp.png

She would remain paused, the sweat starting to pool behind her mask. Her body and brain struggle to react and act in unison. Thankfully, the Ancient pontificated and gave her a chance to regain her senses. After all, this was a game, and so was their line of work. To be effective, she couldn't let her target know she was phased, additionally, she had an even greater purpose to get to her question.

"Because the powers at be wanted some entertainment. On one hand, the Kazekage genuinely believes people, no matter who they are... to an extent, are capable of being the leaders of the future."

She would pause.

"Others view that very broad belief as a mockery of the established order... maybe they hope he gives himself enough rope to--"

She wouldn't finish the saying.

"Finally, some are hoping to be entertained, and reality, good or bad, is some of the most interesting forms of entertainment. Struggle, pain, real emotions, defeat, hope, despair, all of that sell in their world. Some of them might just enjoy it and get off on putting people through these games, who knows?"

I shouldn't be musing outside of an objective take, but it does create a better personal connection... but that is with humans. Who knows how this will take it?

"Oracles are about documenting what has and is happening, but there are still questions that we don't have answered and we are not in the business of basing our records on assumption. Even if the pursuit ultimately leads to our death, as long as we can record the history, it was for a far greater value than our life was originally worth."

It was now her turn.

"My turn; what is your relation to Miroku Akkuma, his family, and his network?"

@Shingetsu Sora awarded +5 points

PmOLjnl.png

Kaori - Med Chief

8bP7AXa.png

As he talked, although her face was obscured, she would have a twinkle in her eye and a smile, a genuine, human smile, upon her face. She couldn't recount the last time she felt this way. No, that was factually incorrect. She could. When her mother would recount the history of what she saw during her missions as an Oracle. She loved history, and living history at that. This man had seen sights that no one else had, or at least no one who had survived, and came forward. Was he a hero? Was he brave? Was he a fool? Those sorts of things were inconsequential and would be how a reader would interpret her recording of this moment. All she cared about was that he wasn't a liar, that was the only inexcusable thing.

Yet she did not find herself believing him to be lying in this situation, nor did she find herself dismissing any of his words.

"Ants that size... we have no creature recorded of that. That technically makes you the first, what would, the find of such creatures, wish to name them?"

She was now going to record and actual naming of a new species in the country, this was almost too much. Her head was feeling light and her body was burning with a warmth she had never felt before. Her heart was pounding uncontrollably. Without hesitation, she would reach out and take hold of Harupia's arm.

"Please, tell me more! Yes, please explain the encounters in as much detail as you can? Yes, yes... how did you survive? What more did you see? How did you return from such a situation?"

@Sunaku Harupia awarded +10

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Beginning to answer his question, the masked woman spoke. "Because the powers at be wanted some entertainment. On one hand, the Kazekage genuinely believes people, no matter who they are... to an extent, are capable of being the leaders of the future." The Kazekage seemed rather altruistic, which was a trait that could lead him down an unfortunate path if he wasn't careful. "Others view that very broad belief as a mockery of the established order... maybe they hope he gives himself enough rope to--" Nodding his head in agreement, Suigetsu when the implication came to the idea that the Kazekage might do himself harm, even he grimaced the mere thought. Being altruistic wasn't that bad of a trait, right? "Finally, some are hoping to be entertained, and reality, good or bad, is some of the most interesting forms of entertainment. Struggle, pain, real emotions, defeat, hope, despair, all of that sell in their world. Some of them might just enjoy it and get off on putting people through these games, who knows?" At this comment, Suigetsu smirked as he muttered under his breath. "And a show they seem to have received." Having answered his question, Suigetsu knew that a question was coming, but when it finally came, he was genuinely confused as to how to answer.

"My turn; what is your relation to Miroku Akkuma, his family, and his network?" Miroku Akkuma? His family? His network? Drawing an initial blank, Suigetsu audibly confirmed the perplexed look on his face. "Who?" The name not immediately ringing a bell, the Ancient cocked his head to the side and began to rub at his chin. "I... Am not familiar with a Miroku Akkuma. Should I know who he is?" As the last word left his lips, his face morphed from confusion to a moment of enlightenment as he remembered the gentleman that had introduced himself earlier. "So who do we have here tonight...Harupia, Sora....I don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting before. I'm Akkuma, Head of the Miroku Clan." Playing back the conversation, brief as it was, in his mind again, he also remembered the first time that he'd met the man, some time ago.

Sora was working a mission and had the unfortunate pleasure to not only come across Akkuma but some other woman who had equally helped to trash a well known watering hole for contemptable folks. Connecting the dots hadn't truly occurred until the chance encounter that they'd shared today and if this was the sort of man that the Oracles were wondering about, than Sora had done both himself and Suigetsu a favor by not getting involved with the same. "I happened upon his path some time back and had no idea of who he was until he approached my table with Hotei today. When last I saw him, he had a complete disregard for public safety and did quite a number on an establishment in Soon's Haven." Shrugging, he shook his head. "That's about all that I know of him or whatever network and family he has. He's a little loud for my taste and I do not think that we have much in common if anything at all other than being here." There had to be some reason why she asked him about Akkuma. Was he an Ancient as well? Suigetsu hadn't gotten that impression although there was also a possibility that he was masking his his true being all the same. "Is there a reason that you can share that I should be wary of him and his cohort?" Suigetsu always valued information and if there was a threat that he should be aware of, he wanted to know far in advance of any trouble breaking out.

OOC: Score: 77/100

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hour 3 has ended with the following scoreboard:

@Chikamatsu Shin 92/100
@Tsurara Moriko 90/100
@Chigokai Yuna (Name shows as Silent) 80/100
@Shingetsu Sora 77/100
@Sunaku Harupia 65/100
@Uziuke 62/100
@Miroku Akkuma 50/100
@Okami Roku 42/100
@Kaen 35/100
@Kanmuri 35/100
@Mikaboshi (name would show as Sunahoshi Suzaku) 35/100

THIS IS THE START OF HOUR 4: This hour will end at 12:00 UTC next Thursday (November 8th)

Remember you must be attempting to interact with someone to forgo the -5 penalty at the end of Hour 4!

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The fact the oracle wore a mask made it obviously impossible for him to see the reactions under the mask. Still, from her body language, the way she seemed to be breathing a bit faster than you usually do, he could guess he had her interested. The hand on his arm only reinforced that. He was still wondering how much of his was her privately assessing him and gathering information on his leave, and how much of this would be transmitted to the public…Even some of the things he said about the denizens of the Station earlier could be seen as slightly controversial… but he imagined whoever was monitoring them had a handle on things.

Just as she leaned in closer, the sandy critter on his wrist seemed to scoot closer to the screen, another set of points added. After a moment he said “ok… I'll try my best, though I will admit, part of the time I was there is…hazy…” he paused, his hand tightening a little bit before he continued “I was stranded, alone in an underground maze…it was fascinating in a way, like watching an anthill from the perspective of an ant… then I obviously wasn’t quite prepared to an expedition. Low on rations and exhausted, I was trying to find a way out of the tunnels…I found something worse. Unbent”

He leaned in closer, his face with a grave expression “And I’m not talking about the usual deformed, malnourished hordes or even the bigger forms… this one was different. It almost seemed like after engaging in combat with the ants, the started to absorb some of their characteristics, pincers, and additional limbs…spent a few days running, isolating them, and eliminating them. After some time I thought I was safe…until I encountered it…” another pause, images flashing in his head…pain flaring through his body “If the ones I’ve encountered before were cubs, this was a full-grown specimen. Massive in size, skinned hardened, insect-like eyes and pincers…and I could feel it exuding chakra… Which was baffling at the time, but I didn’t have time to dwell on it…

At that point I was running on fumes, exhausted, my chakra mostly spent. I ended up in fisticuffs match with the thing…wrapping my fists in sand to try and rapture its body. It was somewhat effective but…”
Another pause, the flashbacks in his head, the massive beast slamming him against the wall, pounding him with haymakers that he was pretty sure cracked the stone wall as they hit. He shook his head as he finished “I was basically a goner, a Shinobi’s final stand in some dingy old cave…not the best end to my story, but luckily I’m here now”

While still a bit more stiff than usual a bit of a smile appeared on his face as he said “Imagine being on death's door and hearing an explosion, and then music echoing through the cave…I was fully expecting I lose my mind till something came crashing in front of me. It looked like something you’d see Sosuke-san create, a giant metallic humanoid ready for battle. And it managed to make short work of the Unbent…I'd be dead if not for that encounter. And… if this is where I won't lose you, then I guess Ill be home free. I’m sure you know of the 3 Guardians of Hammerfall… "Atlas, Menoetius, and then one that saved my life…Prometheus” As he spoke, his face was relaxed, but as serious as ever. And not in the pained way that thinking about the trials he went through made him feel. He knew the oracle before he could take it as a joke or crazy ramblings, but he wanted to be sure she understood he was saying it with complete seriousness and lucidity. Even if he himself couldn’t believe who he encountered.

OOC - Score 75/100

Uziuke

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Uzi walked into the Grandball Room. He remembered seeing a few oracles that he wasn't accustomed to coming across around the village. It was there that he spotted Sora. It had been a while since production of the Airship was on pause. After building the shelter for the workers to sleep, he allowed a rest period. This would allow everyone to have an off time. He wouldn't require labor everyday. He actually looked forward to building the ship. It was better to move at a slow pace. The thoughts of the ship began to surface as he moved towards Sora.

"It's been a while." A grin came across the white haired Uchiha's face. He overheard bits and pieces of information from the conversation he was having with the Oracle. Hey, maybe he'd look into the Oracle organization and gain a few truths from them. It could even help his search with rebuilding Kirigakure. "I hope everything has been treating you well Sora, and I hope that grace is with you in this competition." Suddenly it sounded as though his Curo ringed loudly like a front desk bell. If either of the two looked, they'd see a ballet dancer twirling, moving with the grace of a breeze. It then dimmed and quieted down. "I don't think I'll ever figure this thing out." Uzi said, looking to Sora as he spoke.

"Who is this that you're talking to?" Uzi asked, excited to meet this Oracle. He looked over, not knowing who could be under the mask.

[ Topic Entered ]
[ MFT | WC: +250 ]

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He had been taught by Sousuke that sometimes people just won't be agreeable, through no fault of your own. While it would be easier to react with emotion, in those instances, he encouraged, one should politely separate. Sousuke urged focusing energy on those who would appreciate it, that not everyone in this world will appreciate you. It seemed sound and reasonable at the time, but even so, this would be the first time encountering someone who had just flat-out rejected him in such a way. Even in The Community, where he was essentially tortured, they at least seemed to appear interested in him, even if it was for the wrong reasons. So, he had a hard time fully processing what to do, but his face seemed to be less troubled by the process. Upon his face would be a look that was a mixture of confusion and disgust.

"Oh... cool... cool, cool, cool."

And with that, he would get up and exit the table that Dai was stationed at and would begin to look around. It would be at this time he would notice the woman at the bar.

Maybe I would have better luck with her?

There was no real reason for him to believe in either success or failure from this stranger, but his most recent interaction had started to shake his own belief system. Did he stink? Was he ugly? Did he do something?

"Hello, my name is Roku! What's your name?"

He would have to dismiss, compartmentalize, and move forward with his quest to meet people.

CURO: Flustered/PISSED 42/100

9Tk2ujk.gif

MFT - 250

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
w0q5PQp.png

Dai - Director of Trade

His dismissive expression wouldn't change, and he would have nothing further to say to the young man as he departed.

hJqRHuh.png

Hotei - Oracle

From the door of the kitchen, the rotund Oracle would appear once more, observing who remained in the ballroom.

8KqaDtp.png

She would listen to him and would notice the approaching Uziuke. It would seem her meeting with Sora was going to get cut short, but she at least discovered the bare minimum of what she was looking for, and even better, she learned something she never even thought to search for within participants in this event.

"You are a prime candidate for someone he would use" she would say as Uziuke approached and would turn her masked-covered face and attention to him, "Benzaiten is the name I go by, but I must apologize to you both; I must leave and take care of a 'personal' matter."

This would be her obtuse way of saying that she needed to go to the bathroom.

If allowed, she would nod to them both and depart after giving Sora points on his CURO.

@Shingetsu Sora awarded +10 points in the event she is allowed to exit, and will have LEFT THIS THREAD
If she is stopped, she will pause on giving out the points momentarily.

PmOLjnl.png

Kaori - Med Chief

She would be responding to a call on her headset.

8bP7AXa.png

She would listen and continue to take a mental inventory of every word.

"The Unbent mutated to meet characteristics of the creatures around it... how odd..."

It would be the first, at least from what she had seen recorded, of such a behavior from Unbent. Typically, the broken creations stayed what they were at best and deteriorated into nothingness at worst. The Unbent creatures that composed The Swarm seemed to be different, which was a deduction that was gaining traction.

"A giant metallic humanoid... with music..."

She was less fascinated and puzzled and more so just straight-up puzzled by this revelation. That is, until he dropped the next info bomb on her.

"Hammerfall? Hammerfall..."

She would release her clutch on Harupia and would stand for a moment in silence. Making it more difficult would once yet again be her mask, as it was hard to tell what she was doing in this silence as her face could not be read.

"You've seen the legendary city of Hammerfall..."

The books in the Oracle Library, and some nomadic storytelling, talk of the historic location, the Journeyman equivalent of the historical Tower of Babylos that Oracles held in reverence. Both were believed to be relics of the past, lost to time. Hammerfall was constructed during the Chaos Era, usually a marker for the end of that era and the start of the current timeline of Post Primus. For such a place to not only still exist but also have someone residing there. Additionally, the names sounded familiar but lacking, her best recollection was more of a children's tale and less of an actual account.

"If I produced a map, could you identify roughly the location of Hammerfall?"

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hour 4 has ended with the following scoreboard:

@Chikamatsu Shin 92/100
@Tsurara Moriko 90/100
@Chigokai Yuna (Name shows as Silent) 80/100
@Shingetsu Sora 87/100 *this is pending*
@Sunaku Harupia 75/100
@Uziuke 62/100
@Miroku Akkuma 60/100
@Okami Roku 42/100
@Kaen 30/100
@Kanmuri 30/100
@Mikaboshi (name would show as Sunahoshi Suzaku) 30/100

THIS IS THE START OF HOUR 5: This hour will end at 12:00 UTC next Sunday (November 26th)

Remember you must be attempting to interact with someone to forgo the -5 penalty at the end of Hour 5!

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"You are a prime candidate for someone he would use." So enamored with his own musings, was Suigetsu, that his mind caught up to what the masked woman said after it was already too late to say much in the way of a rebuttal. What did she mean by the statement? He couldn't be sure of what she meant but if he was the sort of being that Akkuma would aim to recruit then the man had simply not met his match yet. "I hope everything has been treating you well Sora, and I hope that grace is with you in this competition." Any hope of responding was dashed to pieces when the white haired would be airship creator appeared and once again Suigetsu was forced to put on the mask that was his persona as Sora. "...I must apologize to you both; I must leave and take care of a 'personal' matter." Genuinely not pleased with seeing the woman leave, Suigetsu nodded his head in understanding and waved. "Thanks for the chat, we'll have to speak again sometime!" As she left, the C.U.R.O. device would light up with the sign of a fresh deposit of points. Points that Suigetsu was was starting to wonder the true meaning about.

With as much as the masked Oracle had said, or the lack thereof, it was almost a wonder if the Kazekage was actually in charge of the whole thing. "I don't think I'll ever figure this thing out." Having looked at his own device and noticed the dancing figure on his...shipbuilding Captain?... Suigetsu nodded in agreement. "Agreed. Long time no see Uziuke! How have you been? You know, I was actually meaning to get by to your office the other day." Stopping to check their surroundings before he spoke once more, he cupped a hand over his mouth and spoke in a lower tone. "I've been thinking that we should honestly turn our shipping venture into another Order, a fourth Order if you will. We may travel like the Rangers and build like the Journeymen, but we'll be a different breed entirely when we take to the skies." Leaning back and straightening his outfit, he nodded in an apparent understanding. "What do you think about that?" Was it a distraction or was it the truth? Even if the Oracle had stuck around to eavesdrop, she'd be hard pressed to determine if it wasn't genuine banter between old friends. Of course, Suigetsu wasn't completely altruistic in this endeavor, he'd of course want the element of surprise that came with the skies when he marched on Suijin's doorstep.

OOC: Score: 87/100

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Yes, and I know that sounds crazy and unlike the Unbent we faced before…but from what I learned in my time away there seems to be some sort of second generation of them slowly building up. A new threats brewing for the village, what else is new?” he said with a slight chuckle…almost felt like he was a harbinger of bad news. But at least he had some better ones.

As she let go of him and stood up, questioning him on what he said his face grew serious again before saying “I was honestly expecting a reaction like this sooner…though I guess this is the most outlandish thing to say given Suna’s history. But yes, I have seen and spent most of the time I was gone, in Hammerfall. And the one that saved me piloting a giant mechanical construct was one of its three guardians… Prometheus. Even if I somehow survived the battle I was a husk of a man…but he offered me his help in restoring my strength, and sharing some of the knowledge that was there… as you can imagine, even in these long months I only scratched the surface”

He would either stand up along with her or lean in closer if she sat back down as he spoke as he continued “Out of the trio of Atlas, Menoeitus and Prometheus I only met him. As he explained, the three of them agreed for their souls to be moved into mechanical vessels that could live long beyond the age they were born in. And according to him, their goal was to pass on the knowledge of Primus and Hammerfall…or I guess now, they refer to it as titan…to us. The people of our village”

As she asked her question, he would nod his head saying “That was one of the things specifically drilled to my head…even with my not being the best with maps. There is the obvious entrance at the edge of whatever fresh hell the Mayor of Yamori station led me to, but I have more safer routes. As you may or may not know, I never was…quiet eager to strive for any position of leadership, be it within my clan or the village. I felt good fighting and helping people, but was… not as keen on taking the type of responsibility expected of leaders” he said with a more somber, honest tone, before adding with more vigor in his voice “But the things I’ve seen, what I know…whether I like it or not, responsibility has been granted to me. And this is why after returning I jumped on the chance to join the games. I will of course provide any information I can to confirm what I said, and to help with any preparations to go there…but I do want to have the best chance I can of this going right. And getting as involved as I possibly need to”

OOC - Score 75/100

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
w0q5PQp.png

Dai - Director of Trade

Dai's demeanor would once more change as he would begin to wave over to his brother.

"Oniisan! Akihiko! Over here!"

hJqRHuh.png

Hotei - Oracle

Hotei would come marching back out of the kitchen area and approach the duo of Uziuke and Sora.

"Sorry about my early departure, Sora, and it is a pleasure to meet you, new one, I am Hotei of the Oracle Order!"

Shingetsu Sora Uziuke

yLlYzND.png

Chairman of the Commerce District

Casually he would stroll into the room, even though his brother Dai would be anywhere near casual... or even composed. He would chuckle and wave to his frantic younger brother, he was family after all. What sort of scum would he be looking down on blood? No, that disdain was for the lesser... which seemed to be in enough force as is.

Stopping at the table, he would press his hands together, a small blip of a chakra-based light would flash from within his compressed hands, and when he opened there would be two rings.

"Typically, I wouldn't be able to break a gift like this in two, even with my trick, but it would seem that this gift was destined... no, it agreed, to be shared between us because of our bond, my sweet little, Dai."

With that, he would give one ring to his brother and slide the other into his coat pocket.

"So now, have I missed anything exciting?"

PmOLjnl.png

Kaori - Med Chief

She would be in the process of leaving the room.

8bP7AXa.png

She would listen and continue to take a mental inventory of every word.

"Harupia, you can't keep this to yourself any longer. I implore you to find the Kazekage and tell him... we must--"

She would pause, she was becoming too wrapped up in this, that was not the way of her Order.

"Pardon me, Jounin Harupia, it seems I have gotten ahead of myself. In my opinion, you should tell the Kazekage, but you are free to do as you wish. If you do tell him, I believe action would happen, and I would like to have an Oracle, or two, present to document such an exploration. For the betterment of our records, but from your side--for the betterment of this village. I will not delay you much longer, he should be in the Meeting Room, or around there, if you wish to talk to him now."

She actually wanted to spend more time with him, hearing his stories so she could document it, but she could not be selfish in this moment. He had urgent news, whether he realized it or not, to tell the Kazekage.

Uziuke

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the masked one, as Uzi remembered the figure, departed he gave a friendly wave. He looked to Sora, glad to see him in the competition. Uzi didnt know much about Sora's abilities currently, but it seemed the two could become a strong alliance in the times to come. He looked forward to working on the airship.

It may be that information that he took from this competition to fuel the ongoings of the future. Listening to Sora speak, Uzi knew that it was time to check on operations. This event was timing, it would be perfect to present the idea to Raizo when he ran into him again. "We'll be seeing some tough things out there. Those sand worms were just a warm up." He gave a thumbs up to Sora, knowing that it took bravery to stay after such a battle.

"Hmm... What do I think about that?" Uzi repeated as he pondered Sora's idea for a moment. After hearing what was said, Uzi wanted to walk out the competition, and get to work on the ship. The title of Sennin was a great fit for him, but he'd pass it up if he had the chance to spread the village's influence. Maybe such a title would come to find him. Instead of pursuit, he believed in the journey getting there. Such an adventure could move hearts.

"To have a title from Suna would be amazing Sora. Departure times will be talked about as well." Maybe a few more months? Uzi wasn't worried about the ordeal at all, and having that tie with Suna would be great. They'd be on emergency call at all times.

"There's a lot out there Sora. A never ending story if you're up to it. Do you think you have what it takes?"

Edit: (( Mised something, my apologies. ))
After listening to Sora, Uzi would turn to Hotei. "Nice to meet you Hotei. I'm Uzi, seeker of much." Uziuke was sure there was a better title, but he sent the message. "I don't know much about the oracle."

[ MFT | WC: 330 ]

Last edited:

Tsurara Moriko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As it turned out, C.U.R.O. did not have a way to locate specific people, because that would have been too useful.

Moriko therefore had to politely stop numerous different servants moving about the house before locating one who had seen Kaori. And, well, she didn't know what Kaori looked like, so in order to not look like an idiot asking Kaori where they themselves were, she obtained that information as well.

There was also the question of approach. How should she do this? What sort of personality was her target, and what would she respond to best? Moriko was a direct and blunt sort of person; would that be an issue here? There was no point asking anyone around for information in that regard, since if you didn't know how good that person was at assessing personalities you couldn't really rely on surface impressions.

What would a medic be like? There were a few in her family. They ranged in personalities from the 'sweet and gentle' stereotype all the way up to 'uncompromising hardass.' Once filtering for certain clan constraints on such, of course. Where on that spectrum did this Kaori woman fall...?

A beep made her look at her wrist. Advice? Were they supposed to do that? She supposed they could do whatever they wanted.

Don't forget to be polite.

Well, of course.

She was kind of hoping for the 'sweet' end of the scale, of course, but it was pointless to assess or wish before actually finding her.

(Also. Had she already spoken to any of the others? Moriko should probably go in expecting that most of the judges here had spoken to at least one competitor, favourably or otherwise.)

And how secretive--what kind of secrets? Who had Tomoe been obliquely warning about? The other competitors was the obvious answer, but it was certainly possible that could include other judges.

Silly. Well. Perhaps she should have tried to find Tomoe at first and asked for an introduction, but she had no idea how that would be taken or even if the two women got along, so it was probably best to do this on her own.

(Had Tsukiya also wanted her over him in this because he hadn't noticed any other women applying? No, that didn't sound right exactly. Had Tsukiya thought to encourage her because she might gain some kind of advantage, edge, of being inherently unique? After all, she wasn't for her age. That sounded more like him, to consider her chances rather than that type of thing for itself.)

She paused at the door to the Ballroom and reviewed her game plan which was--nothing, really. Oh. Well, best to play to her strengths. Direct, but polite. She wasn't a subtle person by nature and subterfuge was unlikely to play in her favour regardless. Besides, if Moriko won, she might well need support of varying figures in the village, and being a judge meant Kaori was not a nobody. Not to mention Moriko's usual preference to not be rude to or tick people off for no reason.

(It was also on her mind--a judge who preferred a specific candidate might sabotage the others. But that was a gamble she was already making just by taking this challenge, out of otherwise being bored. Tsukiya's attitude there really was rubbing off on her.)

She pushed open the door and scanned the area only to be briefly startled when noting that she appeared to be leaving. Well, it was good Moriko hadn't gotten too lost on the way there (by consistently asking directions; you made up for your weaknesses how you could.)

"Excuse me?" she called, making sure her right wrist and the C.U.R.O. were visible just in case there was any doubt she was a competitor. "Kaori-san? May I speak with you? We could walk and talk if it's more convenient for you."

(Once upon a time, Moriko had vaguely considered the medical branch for the research possibilities, since 'patients' were not a thing she could see herself working with. It had been discarded as an idea even before getting to the 'research' stage, so she was unfamiliar with much of Sand's medical personnel.)

And what would Moriko do if she said no?

...Well, burn that bridge when we get there and all that.

[Topic Entered; Current Points According to CURO: 90; Status: Curious/Nervous]

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
yLlYzND.png

Chairman of the Commerce District

He would glance around the room for a moment, curious who else was and wasn't present in the location, before sitting down at the table with Dai.

"Sweet little brother of mine, please make sure to wear that ring. Also--"

A devious grin would curl up on his face.

"Why don't you go for a little walk? You've probably sat at this table all night not budging, and that just isn't a polite behavior at a party. Besides, I'm sure something interesting will pop up once you think about it. I will enjoy a little walk myself in the closing hour, but for now I will stay right here and see what happens."

hJqRHuh.png

Hotei - Oracle

"
Hmm, what can I say, it's an open book--" he would pause waiting for a laugh, or maybe he was assuming there would be a laugh, either way, there would be a pause in which he would fill the void, eventually, with his own laughter, "--get it? Cuz of the Library and all the writing we do! But more seriously, Oracles are an Order dedicated to recording history, every inch of it."

"Uzi the seeker of much, huh?"
He would ask inquisitively before asking his own question, "What is your favorite food?"

Shingetsu Sora Uziuke

w0q5PQp.png

Dai - Director of Trade

The joy of being reunited with his brother would just as quickly fade as it had appeared

"But Oniisan, you just got here..."

He would pause, knowing that his brother would not wish to get into a display in public. So, he would nod, place the ring on, and stand up. Upon the ring going on his finger, there would be a sharp and sudden prick, that would catch him off guard. Before he could say anything, he would freeze in place. The confusion on his face would fade.

"Yes, a walk would be good."

And with that, he would push his chair in and leave the ballroom

OOC: Dai has left this room

PmOLjnl.png

Kaori - Med Chief

In the process of leaving the room, and by chance missed Roku talking to her, she would be stopped by the sound of someone saying her name. A rather serious look on her face would morph quickly into a pleasant smile.

"Oh? Would you like to speak with me? Hmmm..."

She would glance around and then back to the girl.

"I was actually in the process of stepping out for the night, I had received a page, but if you wouldn't mind walking and talking then I think we can continue. So how may I help you... additionally, please let me know who you are. I know, I know, I should be better prepared, but there are a couple of candidates' names and faces I am afraid I can't place!"

Closer to the reality, she spent most of her time fixating on the Kazekage and very little else concerning this game. The fact she knew Chikamatsu Shin had more to do with professions than it did looking at their application or player details.

8bP7AXa.png

Waiting for anything else Harupia has to say.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The PA would spark on once more with the following announcement:

"The conference room meeting originally scheduled for the 6th hour will now be pushed to the 7th hour to accommodate late arrivals and current pending conversations."

Okami Roku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He would be stunned.

Did she... just... completely ignore my existence...

He could help but simply turn around and watch the female walk on by, and then to add even further insult she would be approached by another person.

I should warn them that it is no use...

But he would be wrong, as Kaori would, in fact, talk to this new person. Was she better than him? Was it because of points? Was it something else?

He would merely take a drink, one that was left on the bar, and chug it as fast as he could.

"I will talk to someone."

He would look around the room, it would seem that people were leaving and a big guy in yellow had returned. There was another new face in a guy with white hair.

Oh, huh, it looks like the blonde-haired man at the table is either a new blonde-haired man or he suddenly changed his hair and put on glasses...

So it would seem that there were three possible new faces that he could turn his attention towards in hopes of succeeding in this portion of the game. He would begin to take a step forward but would stop, and quickly turn around to the bar swipe another drink, and chug it as quickly as he could again.

Wait, shouldn't I be trying to talk to non-players? They can give me points, but it would have to be their points. So why would they give me their points? I should talk to people judging us.

With his new determination, he would swipe another drink and would turn around to find his new target.

Which meant leaving this room...

MFT
OOC: Topic Left Unless Stopped

Sunaku Harupia

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He listened to her speak, clearly in a rush though after a moment she calmed down. Understandably so, after all…he was still a single source. And while he couldn’t be sure how far in the Order Hierarchy she was in… there was so much she could do or promise him. There was going to be people that needed to hear this…the Kazekage being probably the most important one.

After a moment of consideration eh would say “Well, at least it seems I was able to convince you… a good start before addressing our leader. And assuming everything goes well, I would also want an Oracle among us…probably a member of every order. I wonder if they would let lord Sosuke out on an Adventure with me… now that would be something to document” he said with a chuckle.

After that, he would stand up and bow respectfully before the Oracle as he said “Thank you for listening to my tale. And wish me luck, if you would be so kind” smiling brightly as he headed out just as the PSA announced an overrun on the other meeting. Hopefully, his luck won’t be running out anytime soon.

OOC – 85/100
Topic Left Unless Stopped

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nodding in agreement with Uziuke, Suigetsu could only imagine the sort of chaos that might ensue if there was to be a fourth Order. For so long the Order's had kept a perfect little balance that the idea of another player added to the game was as much a pipe dream as any other highly improbable outcome. However, even a highly unlikely proposition still had a chance. It would only take the pushing of a select few with influence. Influence that Suigetsu hoped that he and Uziuke could procure. If they could, Suigetsu might have just enough of that missing thing to get what he ultimately hoped to achieve, vengeance. "There's a lot out there Sora. A never ending story if you're up to it. Do you think you have what it takes?" Becoming a little too relaxed with being called Sora, Suigetsu instinctively nodded and clasped his hands together in a display that implied that he had what it took. "I have what it takes, and even if I didn't... I'd still want to go along for the ride." Shockingly more like the answers that Sora would likely give, Suigetsu blinked in surprise at his own words but his shock was quickly replaced with another.

"Sorry about my early departure, Sora, and it is a pleasure to meet you, new one, I am Hotei of the Oracle Order!" With the exiting of one Oracle, another one appeared. Once again the bubbly personality that was Hotei was back and no doubt ready to enjoy another tasty bite to eat. Giving a nod of the head and politely waving, Suigetsu excused the man. "It wasn't a problem. I'm glad that you weren't gone for long." It didn't take long for Uziuke to see just how much of a talker Hotei could be. In fact, the jolly man cracked a joke that was funny even by Suigetsu's opinion. "--get it? Cuz of the Library and all the writing we do! But more seriously, Oracles are an Order dedicated to recording history, every inch of it." Giving a stiffled chuckle, Suigetsu shook his head with a smile. Hotei was indeed a funny one, but even with his jokes, everything always came back to food. "Uzi the seeker of much, huh? What is your favorite food?" Raising a hand to rub at his own chin, Suigetsu cocked his head to the side and joined in the light hearted conversation knowing fully well that for Hotei, it was very much an important question. "You know, I could be wrong, but Uziuke strikes me as the sort of person that likes spicy finger foods that he can eat on the go." Giving his opinion with a smile, the Ancient chimed in with his own take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back