Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mission Come one Come All [ANBU Class]

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi listened to Manzo speaking for a few moments as he watched the Anbu snapping into action. It seemed like the well oiled machine hadn't slipped since his time away from them. It seemed Manzo was once more heading the charge and moving forward, he had to admire the man. He stepped up when the branch needed it and managed to make sure that all of the work carried on so he did accept all that. As the man snapped he listened to the man speaking before he looked to the students. He is still waiting to reply from each of the Students to the questions that he asked. After all the fate of the students that he had right now hanged in the balance.

First up was Jirou, his question was a bit more in depth but he listened to the response and just nodded, not saying anything back simply for the fact that he wanted to allow each of them to speak first before he decided to reply. It seemed that Jirou got what a Shinobi was meant to be, and what they were meant to give up. It seemed the boy accepted failure and allowed the fact to sink in, also adjusting his posture instead standing his ground and supporting the team even when they looked like they were against the wall or even down for the count. That was something he couldn’t let go and nor should he.

Karasu addressed him now, listening to her he cocked his head slightly at her words, it seemed that her talk went from her life story to where she was now. Though he didn’t argue about it, comment or show any emotions he had asked the question and he wanted them to each answer him fully and correctly. As he listened to her words once more he considered the options and information that she had given him, though it seemed that she was more cautious about them right now and that each of them were holding their own under the gaze of two of the Sennin inside of the Leaf. Before the conversation could be completed his eyes fell down to Ha Kuren who came skipping over to him.

Finally Hinata was speaking to the questions that had been asked of him, one of the last of the group to need to reply he looked to him. It was a short reply as he sighed to himself, it wasn’t one that he expected but it was an average one. As he looked at all them he sighed slightly as the group had disappointed him in the actions that he had taken. It was clear that he still had work to do and with Manzo's comment he rubbed his temples together for a few moments. He was trying to process all the information that was being given.

Put simply he didn’t have time of day to deal with Ha Kuren right now as the ANBU were already moving into action. Listening to the words that Manzo spoke he instantly moved into position with his own troops, heading to the gate guard station that was at the gates the conversation brief and short as he spoke making sure that the village was fully protected was higher on the order list than just dealing with kids.

“Move the village into lock down, no-one gets in and out without a triple check of passports, patrols to begin straight around the village. Normal formations, leave the ANBU to do the catching, just make sure citizens are ok and safe”

“Understood, the call will be sent out”

Nodding to the man he dismissed him to do the work that he was required to do, it was clear that Takeshi was still having to deal with a few more things. The last on the list here would be the group of students that were in front of him.

“Jirou, Karasu you two are to report to the Main Branch Head Jounin with immediate effect, make sure that he understands your reasoning to be sent there. Your two report to him for examination to the rank of Chuunin lets see if you're ready for the opportunity to move up and take charge. Of course though that is down to your other Sennin here. We both know how the branch works. Do you want to open the hand of invitation to any of them today?”

Waiting for Manzo to answer he had given the man the permission to recruit as was the purpose of the meeting. It was clear that some of them may have not been available to have the option and this also gave the Teacher a few minutes to ponder on their replies as well. As he turned his attention back to Hinata.

“Hinata reports to one of the Jounin around the village for assignment to the patrols and into a team, consider yourself lucky I am giving you another chance to prove me wrong. Do your best not to cause any more trouble right now. Do your duty to the village its all anyone ever requires of you”

With his eyes turned to Ha Kuren, it was clear there was a flash of annoyance in them as he looked at the child for a few minutes, studying them and the others, while the others had a lot to learn some leadership qualities were appearing in the group. With Ha Kuren the running was something that he could not overlook right now.

“You are to go to the Academy and join the rest of the students there in lock down for now. At least that way I can trust you not to screw that up”

He turned to the Sennin for a few seconds as he allowed himself to wait to see if Manzo would say anything else, to see if any of them had managed to change his opponent, hoping that the Main Branch didn’t fall short of the lesson that he had. He knew full well that that was all in his hands.

[Jirou Chuunin Exam Approved]
[Karasu Chuunin Exam Approved]
[Hinata kept at Gennin]
[Ha Kuren to go to Academy at Lockdown]

Kato Hana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The masked Sennin was not happy with how this whole situation turned out, but there was one bright spot in this whole mess, and the call over the radio had helped him see it. He may have years of experience but he was still only human.

While waiting for Kuren to get back he addressed the group, after Takeshi had given him the opening. ”While it is true as a group you failed this test. But I did see some things I liked. Nakano Karasu I would like to extend an offer for you to join the ANBU. Raijin Jirou I am going to give you another test if you are still interested. It will be very similar to this one in fact. Come and find me and we will talk about it.”

As Kuren came running up and looking at the hole Manzo had made while discharging the excess chakra he had built up in their spar. He started to speak again. ”At this point the village is under lockdown and I need to deal with it. The village does not take lightly to intruders hence why this test is done on fully trained ANBU in the first place. But now we have reports of an intruder” He glared at Kuren ”I suspect that someone here reported to an ANBU in order to get them to do her job for her. I like out of the box thinking but that is not out of the box thinking, it puts the village in lockdown thinking. The ANBU now need to verify that no one did break in and validate that this was just a student pranking an ANBU.”

As he turned to walk away he waved his hand and using his Breath of the Wild the hole he created was no longer there. His clone vanished as did the masked winged woman, he would be hearing from her latter about this he was sure.

[topic left]
[revising failure status, as a class Karasu, Hinata, Jirou passed. As an ANBU test Karasu passed]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou waited to hear what verdict the Lord Fourth was going to give. He would be lying if he didn’t admit to himself that he was nervous. The fate of himself and his classmates hung in the air while he waited. Even Kashikoi could sense the tension in the air and he whimpered lightly. Jirou was absorbed in his own thoughts, scarcely noticing when Kuren bounded over to them attempting to hug them. Jirou immediately stiffened up at the hug perplexed by this reaction from the girl, “Where did you go anyway?” It was doubtful that she even heard his question in her giddiness about the hole before them. She was speaking a mile a minute about them joining her on an excavation. He did remember what she had mentioned back at the ramen shop, but he hardly thought that now was the time to be talking about an excavation. “The Lord Fourth is here and he is about to decide our fates. I am glad that you are safe,” he says to Kuren.

He heard the call was being sent out to lock down the village. That meant that there was an actual intruder. It was not until after the Lord Fourth had made his radio calls that he then turned to face them. He felt like he had a whole host of bats jumping around inside his stomach while he waited. He was determined to accept whatever verdict was passed down. When the Lord Fourth finally spoke it took him a moment to register what was said. He along with Karasu were tasked with going to see the Main Branch Head Jounin to take the examination for promotion to Chuunin. His jaw dropped open in stunned silence. He was astounded as he listened to what Manzo had to add. He smiled at his friend Karasu wondering what her decision would be. When he was told that he could take the ANBU exam again he didn't even have to think about his answer. He had already made his decision, “I am honored and very much appreciate the chance to retake the test, Sensei. However at this time I would rather elect to NOT repeat the test. This is because I want to stay in the main branch and become a Journeyman. I do not want to mislead you into believing that I want to join the Anbu. I do not know what the future holds, but for now this is where I believe my destiny lies. This is the place where I can make a difference.” Turning back to face the Lord Fourth after giving a respectful bow to Manzo, Jirou bows to the Lord Fourth and finally speaks. “I am honored that you have shown this much faith in me. Once I leave here I will report straight away to the Head Jounin. I am extremely grateful for the trust that you are showing in me. I will do my very best to never let you or the village down. I take my duty to protect the village seriously and will continue training hard and gaining valuable experience. This is part of my Ninja way.”

As the Lord Fourth continued passing down his verdicts to Hinata and then Kuren, Jirou stood there processing the information. He watched as the hole that Kuren was previously so giddy about suddenly vanished and filled in like nothing had happened. It appeared that there would be no excavation as she was ordered to return to the Academy. He could not help but wonder if there was really an intruder when Manzo spoke to her. He hoped for her sake that she was not involved. Once everyone was done speaking and it was clear that they were free to go, Jirou and Kashiko would start off towards the office of the Head Jounin unless stopped.

[WC: 642]
[TWC: 4151/1500]
[PC: 8/5 ]
[Topic Left]​

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu waited for the judgement of Lord Fourth to pass. Her stomach felt like she had butterflies within it as she waited to hear the results. It felt like forever and that time had slowed down. Before the Fourth made any decision Kuren arrived. The young girl seemed giddy as if the class never happened at all. Karasu looked at her puzzled as she talked about the drowned village that she mentioned to us long ago when they met in a ramen shop. The young girl was excited that she found where it was. So it happens that it was buried here in Konoha. Karasu nodded listening to her but her mind was still on what the Fourth had to say. “I’m gl;ad to know you are safe and out of harm's way.” Karasu didn’t answer Kuren on joining her on the excavation. It seemed it was time for Lord Fourth’s judgement.

After ordering a call in the village for a lockdown to locate the intruder The Fourth had turned to Genin. First up was Jirou and Karasu. Her heart started to beat fast as she wondered if she would have to go back to the academy. Instead what she heard from lord Fourth was for her and Jirou to head to the Main Branch Head Jounin. They were to report to him for examination for the Chuunin rank. Karasu’s eyes widened with surprise. That was not what she was expecting but she was grateful for the chance to prove herself. Hinata was to remain at Genin and had to report for patrol duty, while Kuren had to go to the academy for the lockdown. Of course the Fourth waited to see if the ANBU Sennin was going to say anything.

Manzo Sensei made his decision and noted that they failed the test but said there were some things he liked. He then extended an offer to Karasu to join the ANBU. Karasu’s eyes widened again. After all she went through in the class she was still offered to join. She thought long and hard and took several moments before she made a decision. She turned to Manzo Sensei and bowed “I am honored that you felt I am ready to be in ANBU. I do take this seriously for it is the start of my career. Therefore I must apologetically decline the request. I feel that right now my path lies in the Main Branch. I do believe things happen for a reason and for me this is one of them. At this moment in time ANBU isn’t my path but that won’t mean that in the future it wouldn’t be. Thank you for considering me. I appreciate the faith you have shown me. “ She turned to the Fourth. “I will report to the Head Jounin as soon as possible lord Fourth. I also want to thank you for believing in me and know that I will not let you down. I promise to fulfill my duties with the utmost respect and diligence. I would defend with my life no questions asked. I always stand by my word because that is my Ninja way!” She said then started off to see the Head Jounin.

[WC: 536]
[TWC: 4494/1500]
[PC: 8/5]
[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back