Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Counsel with the Steward [Private]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kazuki's last encounter with the Steward had been a strange one to say the least. Sousuke revealed to have a sentient sword. Shiori was, in fact, the long lost Mother Suna. A revered figure of Suna's mythology. An Ancient that had helped the ancestors of Sand's modern ninjas in their struggle against the unforgiving elements of the Wind Country. But the so called Mother Suna was not as benevolent as history had painted her. In fact, she was quite the opposite. Men and Ancients had waged war on the dawn of Humanity and Shiori wished to resurrect her long deceased brothers. Sousuke's soul was damaged and the spirit on his sword, if a spirit it was, had been unmade only be reformed into a black doberman. Everything was quite confusing to someone as new to Sunagakure as the Overlord of the Senju Clan. To add to the Chaos, the White Wolf had strong suspicions that he could be part Ancient, which considering the level of animosity between that race and mankind, lead to a not so enticing aspiration. To top it off, the Steward Kazekage had recently revealed the existence of Orders. Journeyman, Oracles and Rangers were there for people to join and master. The Silvery Haired Man was uncertain if he should join one, and he was even more clueless to which one he was more suited.

And thus he had decided a quick visit to everyone friendly neighbor Takahashi Sousuke was in order. He was going to discuss with the Purple Haired Man everything about recent events, ask counsel about which order he should align himself with and then study the Steward's sword as he had requested. The former Sennin's chilly aura was quite tame today. Nothing could be sense from it, as if it had never been real at all. Of course it could all be attributed to the general weather conditions. It was only noon, but the sky had been gradually becoming darker and darker. The zenith had been reached and one could assume it was already evening. Lightning occasionally lightened the darkened sky and thunder roared freely and untamed. The last time Kazuki was with Sousuke, thunder was also present, but back then it was due to the presence of the Thunder Prince. Today, the Overlord had no hand in the upcoming storm.

The White Wolf found the Steward standing beneath the porch of a building staring at the sky. He assumed this was Sousuke's official office, forge or laboratory. Regardless of what the house's function was, this is where they would talk.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Number Seven had lying down looking across at the Steward who was eating his lunch. The Steward of the realm was on a lunch break, but he made good on his sword in trying to forge that which should not be remade. The Takahashi had made the armour of Primus. The shell made the One King a defensive powerhouse that withstood the blows of Ancients. His sword though is what allowed him to wound and in time kill Fuujin and Homura in a battle of Man and Ancient. The room was littered with history books, black boards were scrawled with notes of all sorts, papers were lying around. Charming. Very charming. Does Yume know about this?</I><i></i> The monstrous black doberman inquired. How is she by the way, the two of you are still a thing?<i></i> The canine inquired.

Sousuke ate with gusto and tried to speak with a full mouth. He didn't though as that would have been gross. He finished his sandwich and answered. "First question no. Second question yes."<i></i> He answered his companion. Sousuke seemed quite content with the fact that Number Seven was back in his life. He had no idea how, but he was happy with an old friend being with him, even if it was not his Inuzuka familiar. The two of them had a very long history together, filled with laughs, sorrows, and a strange brotherly bond. Number Seven in dog years would have been very old, but even in human years he would have still been older than Sousuke.

The canine looked at the writings on the board. The scribbles. I am actually very surprised you can read any of that.<i></i> He observed. The canine had no need for food or drink, and unlike Shade he seemed to be present every single waking moment. It wasn't a bad thing at all, at least it kept Sousuke's mind at ease, or even better it stopped him from going insane. The Steward got up and returned to his reading, there were more scribbles. He placed the piece of chalk down. He shook his hand. Fatigue was starting to set in. Sousuke let out a huff. Lets go for a walk. I think you owe yourself one. Good to stretch out the legs.<i></i> The two would do just that. They would come out of their little stone building. The Steward was rubbing his eyes again. He would need to sleep again. Shortly. Number Seven had been very very persistent on keeping his health in good order, and the importance of having a rested mind and body. When he didn't want to listen, the Doberman would remind him that Okibi would not want to return and find Sousuke in a tomb due to having worked himself to death. Company.[/color Number Seven spoke to Sousuke as Kazuki made himself ever present. <I>Did you put the sun to bed Highlord?<i></i> The canine would inquire of Kazuki. Sousuke had filled in the gaps for Number Seven of who was who, where and when things were going on.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"That is now within my powers to do so." Kazuki made a slight pause just for added emphasis "Not yet..." he replied to Number Seven. It was a surprise that the spirit knew who he was, but certainly Sousuke had briefed him about it. "Sousuke." he greeted the Steward Kazekage as he stopped in front of him, still outside the porch. "I have come as promised and I believe we have much to discuss, at least, there a few subjects I would like to tackle with you, if you are willing that is." the White Wolf declare. Assuming an invite to enter the porch had came, he would be, by now, standing beside the Purple Haired Man. The Silvery Haired Man was ready to either converse on the outside, despite the coming storm, or to go inside and talk privately. If they were going inside, the former Sennin would sat where pointed to. Sousuke would immediately feel the air going colder. While outside the weather conditions perfectly disguised Kazuki's aura, inside a house, there was no such way to to it. He would also intertwine his fingers as he stared the Steward. If they were to remain outside, the Overlord would stare at the horizon as he began discussing what needed to be discussed.

The Orders. "I don't know if you remember my question, back when you announced the resurface of the Orders. I questioned you what if you are incapable of choosing which Order you should join. Well, my skill set would allow me join any of them, but that is not what I desire. You know them much better than me. I've told you what I can do, and you have certainly learned things about me since we have met. Which Order would you counsel me join?" the Silvery Haired Man would question. Yes, he had skills that would allow him to join any of them, but then again, he probably lacked skills that would allow him to became a master of them. This was not going to be an easy decision.

The Ancients. "The second thing I would like to discuss with you is about Ancients. Mother Suna declared War on us. And that means Sand has no shortage of enemies. I am not well versed on Ancients. What do you know about them that you can share with me? Considering the inception of the Takahashi clan comes from the First Men, your clan has fought them before. Certainly you have created knowledge repositories, and if they exist, I am certain you have read them. The more we know about our enemy, the greater our chances of besting him. Regarding that, Shiori or Suna, mentioned you imprisioned Mikaboshi. Who is him and why did you do it?" Reaper inquired. He was not certain how much willing Sousuke would be about sharing his clan's private knowledge, if any existed, but if he had any hopes of winning that war, he would need Kazuki's assistance. And the Overlord was about to drop a bomb on that department. "Did anyone before have the opportunity of studying an Ancient? While they feed and the like? Do we even know why they need us for sustenance? Or what part of us exactly? What their strengths are? Weaknesses? What makes them tick? How can we kill them? There are many inquiries we can formulate about them, but even if we have recorded information, we have a perfect opportunity to study a living one. Shiori left Sunagakure, she needs to. She needs allies and certainly she won't find them inside the village. I am going after her and I will do something you will not like, but may prove to be vital to our survival. I am going to feed her some humans and watch what happens.". Yes, it was a gruesome proposal. One that the Steward would firmly refuse. But it had to happen. Sunagakure need that. "I am here to do the things you cannot or will not do. She does not see me as an enemy right now, that means I can safely approach her. Goad her into a false sense of security. Glimpse her plans for us. Perhaps even learn how she plans to resurrect her fallen kin and how many of them still live today. There is much to gain with Sousuke. And I can probably give you time so you can finish your weapon." the Overlord noted.

"Considering my abilities to absorb souls, I think Ancients might seem me as a distant relative. Is there a way to know if I have Ancient blood within my own family?" this was also a very gruesome questions, but one also crucial to the future of Sand.

[MFT - 786]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke covered his face with his palms and rubbed his face. He wasn't really in the mood for company. Especially Kazuki and the blow up that had occured with Shiori. "There is a lot of topics we need to go through, regrettably none of which I am entirely proud of."<i></i> The Steward motioned for Kazuki to come into the makeshift office he had. Upon entry Kazuki would find a chair to have a seat. Sousuke took a seat himself and stared across the room at the Reaper. Sousuke hoped that the two would not come to blows, like it would come to with Shiori. The woman needed to be stopped. If Shiori was not stopped, another war of the ancients would occur. The further problem was that there was something else looming on the horizon. Something was coming, and something would change. Sousuke did not really like change. He wished to turn the clock back on several items of business, and take a different course of action.

The first topic that would be discussed would be Orders. The Steward as per his usual nature was silent for a time. He thought about it. "I have not seen you draw a sword in the times we have met, or have I seen you with a ceremonial weapon. You are the leader of a clan, and I very much doubt you do not have sound knowledge of what it took to produce your stronghold."<i></i> Sousuke began, "You are an informed individual of building, but I do not think it is something primal in your nature. I do not think you find fulfillment as a Journeyman."<i></i> Sousuke worked with the next Order, the Rangers. "Rangers seek balance, but it is more of an environmental balance. They are keeping the wilds in check. They are hunters, trackers, and experts of stealth. I feel though that your cousin is more of a Ranger than you are. Given our concern about the phoenix force, and while it is a threat to nature itself I feel that your concern expands outside of the wilds, and so your concerns are outside that of a Ranger's."<i></i> What remained left was Oracles. "You have a vast host of allies. What you have learned from them is vast and without limit. Your skillset required years to master and knowledge of ancient and foreign techniques. You are a host to two cultures. Sungakure and Konoha. I think your greater calling of all things, is knowledge."<i></i> He hesitated, "Not quite perhaps an answer you wanted to hear but this is based on what I know of you, and what I know of the Orders."<i></i>

The second topic was going to be much more difficult. "I did not personally imprison Mikaboshi."<i></i> Sousuke began, "He is the Ancient of the Shadow Court, and he is in my service due to our original encounter. Many years ago I had come across the Black Blade. Upon having physical contact with it Mikaboshi had tried to take over my body. It was a mental battle that I had ultimately won. He was already sealed within the blade, but he did interest me. We spoke once again and this time we created a contract. While I am alive, he would serve myself and Sungakure. The terms of this pact though is very technical. He fascinated me, to be honest, to know that there was an Ancient still present, and the Ancient who aided humanity. I do have power over him, and only once did I use my power over him as I had seen him strangling Shiori."<i></i> He paused for a moment as he tried to condense what he knew about them for Kazuki. "The Ancients themselves are more of a primal element with some human characteristics. Mikaboshi is known for his trickery, and until now we had thought Mother Suna to be benevolence of the highest kind. I could have studied, and had Mikaboshi dissected. I didn't though as I respected his privacy. He has of course policed the mystical forces in Sungakure. Though in nature and shell wise, I do think that each Ancient is a case by case basis. Their form or lifeblood seems to be based upon their element, if we use Suna as the example here. Records do speak of Homura burning the ground as he bled when he was struck by Primus."<i></i> He shook his head, "I do not know why they require souls to sustain themselves. Demons do require the same as well, which is most perplexing. Ancients and Demons are two different entities entirely. They do not use souls to formulate an army like you do. Ancients had human slaves in the old times."<i></i> He paused to think of times past, "They can take damage, they are mortal but it is a feat to indeed destroy one... which is in part why I am trying to re-create the Sword of Primus. It is the only way I know to have one properly killed."<i></i>

Kazuki did cause Sousuke to raise an eyebrow when he spoke of his plan. Number Seven who was resting on the floor sensed a distress in the Steward. The black Doberman looked over to Sousuke, who seemed at odds at what was being said. He is right Sousuke. You cannot expect yourself to best her without knowledge. I know you're hesitant to do this. Kazuki is your best option considering he was present for the situation present.<i></i>

Sousuke's shoulder sank. "Alright. I am not too keen on the sacrifice of souls."<i></i> He answered. Kazuki he trusted, but there was a chance for this to go complete wayside. Shiori may kill him and then feast like a glutton upon his host. Kazuki knew this, he knew that this may turn against him and endanger him, but he was willing to task the case. "The sharpening process is very tiring process. There is a Dark Core that I need to have attach to the weapon, but it cannot attach to the main blade to empower it."<i></i> Sousuke turned to a white board and flipped the board revealing the image of the blade, or rather there were two blades. Seemingly Sousuke was creating duel blades. Sousuke held up his hands, which for the most part he had kept hidden from view. There were burn marks, cuts, stitches. "I have proceeded to split the dark core, I only needed a half of one, but I did not wish to have the other half lying around and just waiting for Shiori to take."<i></i> The last question Sousuke did not answer immediately. "Possibly. The word Ancient may mean or have another word in Konoha."<i></i>
wow_tcg_corrupted_ashbringer_by_namesjames-d3acebh.jpg

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
If Sousuke did not want to converse with Kazuki, no signs were openly shown. They went inside and the Overlord was shown a seat which he sat on. He tried to minimize the chilling effect his presence had to its bare minimum, but he was not certain if he had any success on it. At least the Steward showed no discomfort from the sudden temperature drop. His spirit companion was certainly not remotely affected by it. The White Wolf first question had about the Orders. Therefore, Sousuke started by it. The Steward why the Silvery Haired Man was apt to join the Oracles and why he was not suited for the other two groups. As expected, the Takahashi leader followed a logical path, something the former Sennin could follow and relate to. "I was expecting you to be logical and as usual you were. You are not right, though I feel I should correct you on two aspects. I do have a sword, but I seldom show it or use it, since it has a very specific use." he noted. What use that was, he left unmentioned since he was going to show it to Sousuke anyway. "You forgot Tsuchigakure, but that is beside the point. I agree with your words. The Oracle order seems to be the correct one for me. I remember you mentioned yourself as contact for the Journeyman and Masashi Mako for the Rangers, but the Oracles had none. Is there someone I should address so I can initiate myself with that Order? Toraono Kuro perhaps?" Reaper questioned. It was a pertinent inquiry, one that he was certain Sousuke had a remark for.

Their conversation was then directed to a more serious and dangerous subject. Ancients and the possibility of war with them. Or what was left of them. The Purple Haired Man confirmed that Mikaboshi indeed had been sealed inside the Black Blade. The ominous weapon the Kazekage wielded. He also confirmed he had some sort of hold over the Shadow Court Entity and that he had used this power against Mikaboshi only once. To save Suna no less. It was also explained that Ancients are primal elements with human form and they, like demons and Kazuki, used souls to sustain themselves. Albeit, the Overlord had also developed a different use for the host of his souls. Eventually the conversation reached a critical point. The White Wolf's offer. It was dangerous beyond belief. If caught and killed, the ancients would find Kazuki a very sweet meal indeed. Through them they would gain in seconds what would require years of hunting. Suffice to say, he had no intention to be killed by them. In fact, he was not even certain if he could be killed by now. Extensive experimentation and the absorption of souls had its effect on the human body. Reaper was also aware that Sousuke was not too keen on allowing him to do follow through with such foolish but luck played its role and the Steward blessed it. "That is one very impressive looking sword I might say. Your sword might seal the deal, but I wonder if that is the only way to terminate them. What if I were to absorb their essence? Can that even happen? Would that end them or would I be killed? Unfortunately to know this I would have to attempt it and I am not too keen on doing that just for the sake of doing that." Reaper noted as he was shown the work that had occupied the Steward as of late.

"Then that is a possibility we cannot discard. The chance that I am part Ancient at least. And that could mean I can be their greatest foe since they would be fighting themselves. There is no way to know it right now. As for Shiori, I will track her and see what I can concoct from that encounter.". And the Ancient business was closed for now. Time to follow to another point in the agenda.The Black Blade and the sentient spirit. "I can see your Doberman, which means your Black Blade is not far, correct? You told me you were willing to allow me to study it. Does that still hold truth? If so bring forth your weapon and let me analyze it. I also want to run a couple tests on the puppy there. Mostly harmless stuff." Kazuki stated. They were mostly harmless if the spirit had benign intentions. If they had otherwise, well...

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke nodded his head, "Not forgotten merely unknown."<i></i> He addressed Kazuki as he spoke of the other details, "A leader does require knowledge of all varying degrees upon a series of topics."<i></i> The question of who was in charge of the Oracles was something Sousuke had not truly addressed. "Kuro would be the most appropriate. If you ever find yourself in the presence of an older woman known as Fuu, take every single one of her words with the utmost detail."<i></i> He spoke cryptically. Fuu was a person who Sousuke could trust in a pinch, but he was ever so wary of her. He knew she was watching him. She was recording him. She dangerous in an unusual way.

Kazuki made a query about absorbing an Ancient. Sousuke stared at him without blinking. It was something unheard of and something extraordinarily dangerous. "I have no idea. It would be a gamble that would most likely not have a positive outcome. You would risk them challenging your will, you would risk an overload to your vital system. A power vacuum of that level is ... quite possibly a cataclysmic endgame event. Even I cannot fight a black hole."<i></i> Sousuke admitted. He looked down at his metallic hand. This was going to be something difficult in the extreme. "I was warned about creating a replica of the Primus Sword, the weapon needs to be different enough and something of its own. The phoenix force is the other threat that needs to be dealt with, you have your plans, and I have mine. I'm not working against you, it's an insurance policy."<i></i> He explained.

Shiori was going to be tracked down by Kazuki, and what would happen, would indeed happen. The Steward himself did not know what the outcome of what would happen of that. Kazuki would then make inquires of the Black Blade. Sousuke let out a sigh of sorts. He and Seven exchanged wary glances with each other. Number Seven did not like being studied. The real Number Seven hated it, and this spirit version of him would hate it nonetheless. Sousuke would hold out his hand, the Black Blade would appear in his hand. The blade was not transformed, it was a seemingly simple long sword that had a black blade. "We can trust Kazuki."<i></i> Sousuke finally said.

The canine shook his head. Nothing physical I hope. I have had enough experiments for enough lifetimes.<i></i> The canine got up from his spot and made his way over to Sousuke. The canine would give Kazuki an unamused look.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sousuke confirmed Kuro would be the most appropriate person to seek out regarding a membership with the Oracle order. He also mentioned another individual worthy of a search. An elderly woman named Fuu with prophetic visions. The Steward did not clearly said she had such abilities, but the Overlord concluded due to the Purple Haired Man's choice of words. Though this conclusion could be wrong. As Kazuki had surmised, the Tahakashi Highlord thought that absorbing or trying to absorb an Ancient was an ill advised idea. "Yeah, as I have noted, I am not too keen on trying that. Lets say I will try it if we don't have any other choice. Say between certain death and a small chance of victory if I do drain them, then I will take that small chance. A willing sacrifice I would do, even if that goes against my principles." the White Wolf noted. Draining an Ancient could represent a power rise that he had never felt before and, as a Senju, acquiring more power was key. Sacrificing oneself for the benefit of others was not generally fitting with the motto of his clan, but from time to time, there were people that had mostly good intentions and gained power from being a good Samaritan. He was only partially one of those good captain americans. But he still favored power whenever possible.

"I do hope we can work together to stop this Phoenix Force menace, regardless of where we kill it, even if that is even possible, or we seal it inside someone." the Silvery Haired Man declared. He knew it was foolish to tackle such a nature force on his own or with just his clan. Yes, history claimed they had thwarted such myth time and time again, but they had been mostly lucky. And in those times, the Senju clan had been much larger and powerful than in their current iteration. They were scattered, they were dwindling. They needed help from the Takahashis and the Toraonos possibly. If it was possible, Reaper would also summon the Ayatsuris and Hasegawas, but as far as he was aware, they were all missing in action. Kazuki's clan was the last of Konoha's Big Three. In Sand they had the chance to become Sunagakure's Big Four. He had seen what the forge of that weapon was doing to Sousuke. The Steward needed help and Reaper had the perfect guy for that. The room suddenly became veiled by shadows as the White Wolf summoned a great being from the domain where all his souls rested. Eventually an iron clad humanoid emerged at the Silvery Haired Man's side.
latest

This creature was sporting a full body steel armor suit, a piece of finely crafted armor. It had a sheathed sword on his right hip and a bow on its back. Pale skin and a fair completion, although it had a stern expression. Icy blue eyes matched its fairness. "Meet Celembribor, greatest smith of his age. It has unparalleled smithing skill, bring quite knowledgeable about weapons and powerful magical artifacts. Your look tells me you need help. Perhaps you are reticent in asking for it among your own kin, considering what has happened. I can understand that,therefore,I am offering him its services. He can't die thus you can use for those life risking actions you might need to take to forge that weapon. He can't share your secrets with anyone, except for me. I advise you to use it but you will need to trust me enough for that. It will remain dormant until you whisper his name. Then and only then it will became active. It will obey your instructions without second thoughts. It is your decision Takahashi Sousuke." Kazuki stated.

Now it was time to deal with the Steward's sword. The Overlord noticed a series of wary glances exchanged between Takahashi and spiritual doberman. Probably they were counseling each other about that request he had made. Eventually a decision was made and the Takahashi Highlord summoned his sword. Reaper got up and walked forward and closely inspected the sword, without making physical contact. At first glance it was nothing but a plain sword that had the particularity of possessing a black blade. After returning to his original seated position, the White Wolf conjured a shadowy blob to his right hand that slowly took shape of a sword. Just like the Steward's one, this had a black blade. The hilt was covered on black leather and it had seven, embedded, colored gemstones. "This is my blade. I have named it Frostmourne and it serves as a conduit for my ability." the former Sennin announced before continuing "I am inclined to believe that, while our swords are very similar in appearance, yours is the greater one. Although considering what I know of your sword and what I know about mine, I think it is safe to state that they should have been forged out of the same material and then their paths diverged from that moment. I can't tell if they were forged by the same individual or even at the same time, but one thing seems certain, both are more than simple swords." he concluded. The Silvery Haired Man sent his blade away as the second test was about to be initiated. He did not miss the unamused look he received from Number Seven, but Kazuki was going to proceed anyway.

"Spirit, what is your name, if you have? I would rather use it than just calling your spirit." the Overlord questioned. "I will not be doing a physical test. In fact, I am going to do something quite simple and quick. I am going to draw a runic circle around you." Reaper explained as the first rune appeared on the ground near Number Seven. Those runes were black and they were made with the former Sennin's pitch black chakra. He remained silent as more runes appeared around Number Seven, creating a perfect circle, safe for the last one, that he purposely did not create. "Once I finish this circle, one of two things will happen. Either all runes will turn blue or green, which indicates you are filled with benign intentions and you are free to leave the circle. Or those runes will turn red and that means you have evil inside you and may not be what you are showing us. In this case, you are unable to leave the warded circle unless I deactivate it." he explained what was going to happen. There was a third possibility that he purposely neglect to mention. There was a chance that those runes would remain black and if that was the case it could only mean Number Seven was so powerful that he could negate the circle's effects. And it was something quite dreadful for them. And then he finally finished the trap. Time to see what the doberman really was.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke looked up and down this Celembribor. He exchanged glances with Kazuki and the man? Kazuki had an interesting way of describing him. "Silver... fist?"<i></i> He paused for a moment. No. That was not the proper translation. "Hand of Silver."<i></i> He corrected himself after a moment of forethought. Sousuke didn't use his original name as he did not wish to wake the sleeping man, or at least that is what Sousuke had thought he was considering Kazuki described him as dormant. While the smith before him offered a great advantage, it would need to be used with caution. The secret of Takahashi fire-forged steel needed to be kept within the family. It was something passed down but not outside of the family. Kazuki had been numerous in his gifts to the Steward. This was certainly another amongst them. It was certainly a curious thing. "Forgive me... which age is he belonging to exactly? My source material seems to be ... well, you cannot really do much with tatters. Even Sage Khan has difficulty in trying to relay what age he came from. The present theory at least from the works of Khan was ... First Centurion post-mortem Trickery?"<i></i> That was an age of things Sousuke himself had been wary to trust of. Creatures with curved and finned ears that lived longer than mortal man. He often considered them stories. Then again most stories written had some element of truth in them, did they not?

Sousuke looked at Kazuki's blade. He raised an eyebrow. "That is entirely possible, but if that is the case then your sword has travelled father than mine has. Mine has remained in Wind Country for the most part. Yours has travelled from Wind, to Fire Country, then to ... well, I'm most certain there are several more places in between those two."<i></i> Sousuke did not his head. Yes indeed, the Black Blade and Frostmourne were not simple weapons. Both were keys to power sets and great potential. Now had come the part which Sousuke was most hesitant with. The test of his weapon.

Number Seven, or Seven if you would. answered the black doberman. Seven watched with interest as did Sousuke as the ruins began to surround the black canine. It was a curious thing. The real Number Seven would have been most thankful that this was not a physical in any shape or form. I can certainly say with confidence that I have not ill intentions.<i></i> The doberman looked down as did Sousuke. The runes were beginning to change colour, blue, green, blue, green. The pattern continued to change until the circle consisted entirely of these coloured runes. Curiously before the last rune could be coloured, there was a pause. The last rune did not change colour. In fact it remained black, and then it the rest of the runes began reverting back to black. Both canine and purple haired man raised their eyebrows.

Kazuki's circle ritual expanded and then another figure would appear standing beside Number Seven. The image was of a shorter looking version of Sousuke with lessening hair. The jawline was strong, and the features on the face seemed to indicate that the individual grimaced more than he ever smiled. This new spirit seemed to be looking forward but not at Sousuke, Kazuki or Number Seven. The canine walked through the image and left the circle. Viewer of this message. I hope you are my son, if not then at least some form of heir be it legitimate or note. I have stopped caring at this point. All that has become of my life is merely a Secret War.<i></i> It seemed like a recording at the very least. I was the previous owner of the Black Blade. No. Not owner. I wielded it on few occasions when I was truly desperate. I have used the Black Blade to protect my friends and end threats to the realm. That is what matters most in this war without end. A weapon wielding another weapon allows me to surpass the battle of wills against what I believe to be an Ancient. While that has worked, it is my belief that what lurks in the Black Blade will be crucial in times of great peril to protect the realm. It is my intention for my heir to be protected by this weapon.<i></i> The image shook his head. The spirit that the weapon emits is something of my own creation. It is meant to be either what I believe to me a chivalric version of the ancient, in the event should that fail it will take the form of something close to the heart of my heir. It is my intention that my son should wield this weapon, but he is not of good health. The Toraono clan claims that he is not right ... and yes that may be true. My son may suffer from social disorders, not from some spiritual malady they claim so.<i></i> The words spoken had venom, discontent, and spite in them. The image turned snowy for a moment.

Is... that a young Judori?<i></i> Number Seven inquired. Sousuke hesitantly would nod his head.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Senju lord could sense Toraono Kuro seeking someone, after a brief notion it was evident that Kuro was seeking Sousuke but due to Kazuki's presence, Kuro could not perfectly home in on Sousuke. It was a fleeting vision to say the least but the Toraono Lord was nearby, if Kazuki wanted to he could cloak the both of them from his senses as a demon slayer that was well within Kazuki's power.

Would he keep his presence alone showing to divert the errant Sennin or would the Akuma Senning be allowed to speak and counsel.

(Requesting a brief entry, if the two of you have time...)

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Hand of Silver is undoubtedly correct." Kazuki noted before answering Sousuke's question "Unfortunately not even I can pinpoint which age it hails from. Although I can use them with the same abilities, knowledge and power levels they had in life, memories become fleeting and they remember little of their former lives. No matter how strong you were in life, you never remember much about your past. If I had to guess, with a certain margin of security I might add, it and its kin predate men. In our present time there is no one like him, which leads me to conclude its species is extinct and long gone. Nevertheless it still remains deadly with both bow and sword and his skill persists unequal." the Overlord attempted to explain. The lack of knowledge about their previous lives was a major flaw, one that he seemed to be able to fix, no matter what he tried. And he had attempted corrections time and time again. Regretfully they were all failures. "I forgot to mention. If you activate it and find yourself no longer needing hit, just tell it to go back to his master. It will crumble to ashes and return to me. I understand there might be secrets you do not wish to divulge, I can say the same about my own clan, ergo its usage is entirely optional.". That was one more topic done and behind their back. Sweeter pastures were coming now.

The Steward agreed with the Silvery Haired Man that it was a possibility that their weapons were twin blades. Forged out of the same fire but went to carve a different destiny. It was well within the realm of possibility but there was no way to prove it. Unless they were able to meet the sword's maker. But that would mean the White Wolf would have to seek him down and then there was the chance that memories of the weapon's creation was simply long gone.

Although Reaper had not questioned the spirit's name to no one in particular, it was Number Seven that took the initiative and enlightened the former Sennin. "Number Seven it is then." Kazuki acknowledge as he nodded once. The doberman also declared he had no ill intentions. "I am not going to doubt you but my test will clarify it." the Overlord replied. His ritual would be the defining moment to discover Number Seven's true nature, unless the dreaded third option was to happen. Even spirits had the ability to lie and deceive and that was why the ritual proceeded as Reaper had intended. Moments later all the runes began to flash in an alternating wave of blues and greens. All except one that remained pitch black. This black sheep apparently contaminated the rest of the runes and they all reverted into their original coloration. Without direct control over it, his ritualistic circle suddenly grew and a second figure emerged. The similarities of this new figure with Sousuke were beyond any doubt. This was clearly either his father or grandfather. Or even brother. Regardless, it was an image of a close relative of the Purple Haired Man. Number Seven fled the circle as this figment talked and explained a few things. That he was the previous wielder of the Black Blade. That he had created Shade and had made it possible for Shade to change into Number Seven. That the Toraono clan was wrong about the Steward. Although most of the image's speech had been calm, the last part about Kuro's clan came with palpable spite. "Who is that man Sousuke?" the Silvery Haired Man would inquire once the interaction between Sousuke and Number Seven ended.

This was quite a curious event. It had explained some questions about the blade, but a few more had been raised. And DING-DONG. As if Kuro had listened to Judori's diatribe, the Toraono Clan Leader's presence became noticed by the Overlord of the Senju Clan. It seemed the man with demon blood was trying to locate someone. Moments later the White Wolf deduced it was Sousuke, Kuro was seeking. And apparently, Reaper's presence was all that was preventing him from locating the Steward. A curious effect of his former bloodline no doubt. "Toraono Kuro is trying to locate you right now. I am preventing him from locating you and this place. Do you wish to allow his presence or should I keep blocking him?" he would inquire. Depending on the answer, Kazuki would do so.

[Nothing against you joining us, from my part.]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke was left wondering just who this was indeed. Number Seven was very much in the right. "My father."<i></i> He answered at first, "...when though I am not sure. My father has always been full of smiles and laughter, and he has a bit of weight on him. This though is ... has to be from a time period from when he was at a low point in life."<i></i> Sousuke attempted to explain. He always felt that he had inherited more of his mother's attributes than his fathers. This though was a surprise. The shape of the hair, the cheek bones. "My greatest fear has been that I am not my parent's son."<i></i> He blurted out. There was always this ... apprehensiveness. Sousuke's eyes shifted over to Kazuki when he spoke that Kuro was in. "Keep blocking him out."<i></i> Sousuke requested. The Steward's eyes shifted skyward. He had to think about this for a moment. So. Sometimes in the past his father had used the weapon, but he did not have to engage Mikaboshi in a mental battle. The black Blade was indeed made of powerful material.

The image of Judori continued, The Black Blade can be trusted. The Ancient it houses can perhaps be trusted, but not in a traditional way. The terms and conditions set forth must be black and white.<i></i> He described, I suspect you have already done so if you are listening to this.<i></i> The image again went snowy for a moment. It was remarkable really that his father had indeed created such a message. Both will help you in the trials to come. Your trials will be never ending, and like my own they are not disclosed to all people. Few people will ever truly understand this... this loathsome secret war we wage with forces beyond our comprehension... the Phoenix Force, Outsiders, demons of all sorts and varying degrees.<i></i> The expression on the face seemed to sour, There will be times when you fall, and it may seem very difficult to get back up. Know that you must do so. For the good of the realm, no one else will get up and fight, and so it comes down to you.<i></i> The image would then die out entirely. Do not ask me to recall this recording. I have removed it from my memory. I was weak. I decided to remove parts of my grim nature from my being. Happiness is something worth having. Perhaps... it is worth most of all.<i></i>

Sousuke and Number Seven exchanged glances. So. This was the truth of it? Was it the truth, or an aspect of it. It seemed that his father did not think his soul was damaged, but rather that he was mentally challenged. That is what Sousuke accepted for the most of his life. In truth he wanted to back to believing that but ... could he? His father, at least in the message, seemed to hate mysticism as much as he did. Sousuke took a seat. This was alot to take in. Did Mikaboshi realize the Black Blade was used by his father? Maybe. Maybe not. Sousuke sighed. "Does that answer your question? Or does it leave you asking more?"<i></i> The Steward closed his eyes. "Sometimes knowledge is a curse. I wish I could just go back to the days of having childish adventures with Shiori, but that cannot be done anymore can it? No. "<i></i> Sousuke rubbed his temple. "You can let Kuro sense us, if you want but I cannot say I am ready for him. Given what I've learned in the past forty-eight hours."<i></i>

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It took longer than Kuro thought it should but then again since The Cabal attack everything about Sunagakure had changed. Animosity had risen to an entirely new high towards those that were in position to protect everyone and most of that blame had fallen mainly upon Toraono Kuro but he had risen to take the blame all the same because Kuro also felt he should have been able to stop the attacks. No longer reactionary in his approach to anything he actively sought out problems and crushed them immediately. It came across to him in his attempts to locate Sousuke that he probably did not want to see him for just the same reason but Kuro quickly pushed such thoughts aside. To be hated by those one cared the most for was a blow that even Kuro could not withstand and the madness it would drive him to was probably exactly what those whom had been pushed away felt everyday.

Once Kuro could sense more than just Kazuki it was easy to simply home in on his wayward spirit brother. He came upon them in what looked to be a good discussion but then again he needed to speak to them both, Sousuke about Shiori and Kazuki about Nanashi. Crushing his doubts once more Kuro brought a happy thought to the forefront of his mind and smiled to both men genuinely as he entered the chamber.
"Sousuke-sama, Kazuki-sama, it is good to find you both well and able despite the strain of the past few weeks. I have some things to confer to both of you. First is my retraining and initiation of a former nin of Konoha, she has no true name so she has been dubbed Nanashi. What makes her a problem is that she seems to have a deep distrust of the Senju clan. I harbor no secrets between brothers so I want you to know I will watchover her as best I can. She does not appear to be a TRUE threat just someone with far too much hurt and angst in her. She has abilities much like and excessive of my own which is one of the main reasons I took her in. To let abilities like we possess go wild could create another monster like Djinn. My second issue is Shiori, she wrote me a letter claiming Sousuke might be unwell and that she is believed to be the ancient Mother Suna herself. I am uncertain as to how that could be but after what the Cabal was capable of anything is possible. Last but not least and far more worrying is the distress of Mikaboshi. I know he is your confidant Sousuke san. I have personally repaired his physical form myself and to no great measures did he display his true power. I know the soul wards upon him intimately and I must request that you release him as soon as possible lest he become something far more terrible than he can currently become if he has not already done so. To soul-chain an Ancient is to cause them unspeakable pain and anguish, I felt only a small portion of it and it nearly grounded my soul. So I ask the two of you what would you like to do about these situations? I have my own suggestions but I am no longer so naïve as to believe I know the best way to solve the problems before us."<i></i>

WC: 576
MFT

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So indeed that was Sousuke's father. The question then was, why did the Black Blade posses a Horcrux like version of Judori inside? "I wonder why he sealed a portion of his soul inside your blade? Did he hope your situation would come to this so you could watch this recording? Pardon my bluntness but he chose a very bizarre option Sousuke." Kazuki would note. It was indeed a very strange choice Judori had made. And considering this seemed to be a recording, they were incapable of asking questions, ergo answers could not be gotten. "And mine was that I would be like my father." the Overlord would remark right after hearing the Steward mention his greatest fear was that he was not his father's son. Luckily the White Wolf turned out vastly different than his own parent. If he were not, then the world could have been in a much worse state. The Silvery Haired Man's father had opted to conceal their bloodline, allowing Reaper to grow without knowing why he could see spirits and other supernatural creatures as he did. Even worse, little Kazuki saw, but could not understand what he was seeing. Both parents noted the infant Senju was acting strange, worried, but did nothing to ease the boy's pain. It was only years later, and after accidentally overhearing a conversation between them, that they revealed the truth to the then future Overlord. But by then the wedge between them was too great to remedy. Unfortunately their bad parenting was not done. Kazuki had a sister. Unlike the White Wolf she never showed any aptitude for the family's bloodline. And that strangely outraged their parents. They practically bullied young Natsuru into showing the traits of a Tsuchimikado and so the wedge grew ever larger and stronger. Eventually both the Silvery Haired Man and Natsuru moved out and went to live with their Uncle, Senju Tadao and never returned. The former Sennin's next encounter with his father was when he was forced to execute him after being possessed by a demon. His mother died one year later and so their line ended.

"I believe this only raises more questions Sousuke. Yes it answers some, but it raised more. I also find it ironic that Judori mentioned few in this world would understand the secret war you wage while one of those few stands with you right now." Reaper would remark. "You don't have to get back up alone Takahashi Sousuke. You have friends out there, allies you can call upon in this darkest times we live in. Mates you can depend on. You have helped my clan when you did not have any need to do so. It is time for repayment. When the time comes I will be at your side, paying my debt and I have no intention of dying just yet.". "I will let him locate you, but know this. Night always seems darker before dawn. Sometimes we need to stumble hard before we can raise to never seen before heights. Once I have read a poem that seems very fitting right now. It was like this:

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king
"

Perhaps it was a little out of place, but the Steward needed some cheering. Yes, Kazuki was not exactly the correct person for that, but there was no one else right now. He would have to do.

Now that he was not blocked anymore, the Toraono Warlord found them easily. This giant of man entered the Steward's private forge smiling. The world indeed was a better place when someone as evil looking as Kuro could be found gently smiling to others, even in times like this. Most of the Sennin's words were old news to the Overlord of the Senju clan, except for one. The talk about a former Konoha Nin that had the Rinnegan, had joined Sand and had a deep hatred of the Senju Clan was something new for him. "I have no idea of whom you are talking Toraono Kuro. I suspect this stranger is the same one that joined that Order Meeting with three bodies and claimed she wanted to join all three. The voice was indeed familiar, a voice I heard in Konohagakure and that belong to a member of my Department, but the face did not match his voice. If he is the same individual I cannot tell and the fact he bears a deep hatred of my clan is a fact I was unaware of. Its reasons even more so. I am afraid I have little information to offer as an explanation about this.". Those were troubling news. The Senju clan had its fair share of enemies, some natural, some collected over the years, but few of the same village. But what Kuro brought next was far more worrying. Once the name Shiori was mentioned, Kazuki immediately eyed Sousuke. He was ready to restrain the Steward with his shadows if he saw the Purple Haired Man attempting something foolish.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It is quite possible. The recording continued, That I am dead, by the time you hear this. This message should not activate until my last breath is drawn. It is my hope, my son, you do not see me die. I wanted my death to be very personal, and very alone. Not to be recorded, or any shape or form.<i></i> Sousuke's expression sank. He hadn't heard from his father in quite some time. The image made a waving motion. Know this my son. You are, and always have been, my greatest creation.<i></i> The image vanished then Sousuke looked up at the image. Sousuke sighed,

"D-Dad?"<i></i> He questioned. Sousuke's hand curled into a fist.He was silent for several moments in fact. Kazuki then began speaking. "My father always did things for a reason. We had us down here in the depths to be kept safe. He had me inherit this acursed sword."<i></i> Sousuke's eyes narrowed at the Black Blade. He hestiated for a moment. Something was not right. He could not sense Mikaboshi. Usuaully there was a general mental marker being made. "That's disturbing."<i></i> He walked over and picked up the weapon. He ran his fingers down the flat end of it. "I cannot sense Mikaboshi anymore."<i></i> He ran his fingers down the blade again. "..."<i></i> Sousuke chewed on his lip as Kazuki said a peice for him. He was stuck on the final words of the poem. The crownless again shall be king. The role that Katuso should have taken up. He was never meant to be King. Damn the title of king.

Kuro would then make his entry, and speak urgently. The first part he didn't care about at the moment. The second part. Well. That got Sousuke's attention who was glaring daggers at Kuro. "Not everything is the Cabal Kuro."<i></i> He answered. "Secondly, have I ever been well? I've never been the pristine shining condition of good living standards."<i></i> He answered. The third part caused Sousuke to hurl the Black Blade into the ground. "NO!"<i></i> He shouted. "Kuro. Mikaboshi is freed, but not by my doing. We are ALL in a serious bind right now. Ancients feast upon souls. They require thousands and thousands of souls to maintain their powers. We are right now at a brink of devestation again. Mikaboshi will be like an Akamichi at a buffet line, and he will kill and devour as many souls as possible to reclaim his former powerset. We are in a further bind because Mother Suna, who is certainly not as NOT as benevolent as she believed to be. She has quite possibly killed my father, but for certain she has killed my aunt and uncle. Murderess Suna is trying to revive Homura and Fuujin. Do you know what happens then if four fully formed Ancients are at playing ball?"<i></i> Sousuke pulled the Black Blade up. He pointed it at Kuro. "TOTAL DEVESTATION. IT WILL MAKE WHAT THE CABAL DID LOOK LIKE A PICNIC. IS THAT WHAT YOUR INTENTIONS OR TRUE GAME IS FOR ME TO FREE MIKABOSHI? DID YOU WANT THE COLLAPSE OF CIVILIZATION? I THINK YOU DO. THIS IS TWICE NOW YOU'VE PESTERED ME ABOUT IT."<i></i> Sousuke would find himself face to face with Kuro. "A little bird told me something. What is it that is not Takahashi or Masashi that is within my shell."<i></i> By this time Sousuke found himself unable to move, as he was caught in Kazuki's shadow.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro held up his hand a moment at Sousuke's anger, if Kuro could laugh at the thought of four ancient's attacking Sunagakure he would have but having been ANBU before and knowing more than his fair share of Suna's dark past he understood the fury and why. " First off Sousuke, little brother, and steward. I call you all these things because you are and indeed you do have the soul of an unborn Toraono boy within you. A life traded for yours in good faith because he could not survive birth. You know full well that you have never been well but that is the least of your issues. YOU are the single most important person in Sunagakure, your parents knew it, my parents knew it, you are the only lineage left capable of holding this village together because the only other option refuses it. They won't follow MONSTERS sworn to protect them only full humans blessed by the blood of the First Men themselves. Total devastation has been stopped many times and that I can attest to alone and most certainly you can attest to the feat yourself, or did your losing an arm to silence the storm become forbidden knowledge. What is known about Mother Suna is myth and fancy except 3 things. She could control the desert, she imbued the Sunahoshi line with power, and she has never truly attacked man. Mikaboshi was bound by pact just like the original Toraono saviour and since the main branch of the Toraono is also bound by pact to protect Suna I KNOW THOSE SOUL CHAINS all too well I was born with them. YOU WERE NOT, you and my sisters are the only Toraono souls in existence that do not have to defend Suna to the death like it or not YOU CAN LEAVE HERE if you wished to do so I CANNOT. Oh I can visit other countries, travel as much as I like but my SOUL is bound to SUNA. I bear no one any ill will but I have been in Mikaboshi's mind and the treachery played upon him is tearing him apart inside. I asked you to release him because it is the RIGHT thing to do. Do I believe he will go off eating souls to return to his former glory. I am CERTAIN he will, up until now he had limited himself to thieves, bandits, murderers, rapists, and the truly insane. I daresay it is a mercy compared to what the Toraono Clan does to those whom break the blood oaths. If he has found a way to free himself that means he is no longer in the body you created that I was forced to repair when he nearly died saving you time and time again. I am privy to some of his memories so I can tell you in good faith at the moment I helped him shortly after facing down Djinn he was utterly loyal to you. I don't know what has changed to make it otherwise but I can assure you that if he has become a true threat to you I will fulfill the Toraono Blood oath and keep you safe. If I am pestering you, you know all too well you can send me away. I trust you but I can taste the anger in your voice that you like the rest of the village by far and large despite my actions, despite my devotion, despite all that I am are losing or have lost faith and or trust in me."<i></i> Kuro saw Sousuke freeze up and narrowed down the source and sighed with a heavy heart. "It's okay Kazuki, release him he WILL NEVER BE A THREAT TO ME, we have all waited a long time for Sousuke to find his own spiritual presence and thereby his own emotions, his anger is a good thing. It means what was shattered is growing and will be whole and then the soul of my long lost brother will at last become one with his and cease to exist."<i></i> Looking back to Sousuke with a tinge of sorrow... "So now you want to blame my mother's sacrifice for your condition? VERY WELL, tell her yourself for I WOULD NEVER BREAK A MOTHER'S HEART by telling her any of this. Hell, she loves you more than she loves me and to be loved like one of her daughters is high praise indeed. The only reason her blade is not protecting you is because SHE IS OF NOBLE BLOOD and not a cursed Toraono. So as I have asked you many times before unleash yourself, stop tripping yourself up because we both know you are stronger than you look and in all but physical stature you are stronger than me. It is like even before you were born you were sabotaging yourself so you could not live up to your full potential. You would dare fear an Ancient after facing the likes of Djinn or defeating the Great Diamond Storm? I tell you again if Mikaboshi is a true threat now then I WILL GRANT HIM TRUE FREEDOM BY EXORCISM and send him back to the darkness, it is the least one monster can do for another. I apologize that you had to see us like this Kazuki-sama. Now that I have my answers I shall fulfill my duties and find both our wayward Ancients and set them both free as best I can although that may mean a true end to Mikaboshi, Shiori - Suna whomever or whatever she may be will be questioned and then excorcized as well. She was once your cousin but blood oath is blood oath and now that you are finally coming into your true self it is best I fulfill my duties as both your friend and your guardian. I bid you good day Sousuke, and go hug Mother and ask her forgiveness for your words because that is something I CANNOT do for you."<i></i>

Saddened yet again but happy that Sousuke was growing into a full being Kuro decided to exit gracefully and hunt down the realized threats calling upon his eyes and ears Mouko Kuro and Chouryoku Kuro began scouring the village. It would not be long before he found those he sought that was a certainty.

WC: 1002
MFT

Topic Left unless stopped

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Oh well. Although he had noticed the increasing anger within Sousuke, Kazuki never expected to see the Steward verbally assault the Toraono Warlord. If it were not for the Overlord's shadowy trap then they could have even went into a physical battle. Luckily he was there to prevent what could have meant Sunagakure's utter downfall. Their enemies were pilling outside, the least they needed was more inward fighting. "A little bird told me something. What is it that is not Takahashi or Masashi that is within my shell." the Purple Haired Man questioned. And Kuro answered. If the response was of Sousuke's liking though. They learned that the Takahashi Highlord also housed a Toraono soul inside. A triple souled human. That was something very, very rare, if not outright impossible. It could easily explain why the Steward's soul was damaged. Because his vessel was the home for three different souls. Although told to release his hold over the Purple Haired Man, the Silvery Haired Man did not comply. There was no sure way to tell what Sousuke would do if he found himself free. In fact, he could do something rash that he would later regret and very much so. The White Wolf remained seated as both the other men argued with each other. In a sense he was watching a soap opera unfolding in real time, right in front of his soul piercing eyes.

Knowledge was power as people said and this was knowledge gathering at its finest. "You don't have to apologize Toraono Kuro. Sometimes outside witnesses are very helpful. Alas I am part of this war whether I like or not. And the more I know the better I can play my role." the former Sennin stated as the Main Branch Sennin of Suna left the house. Reaper then freed Sousuke and sat silently for a while, allowing his new found ally to process everything at his own pace. Unfortunately peace would have to be broken soon as the Overlord was not done yet. "I am certain you want to be alone, now more than ever. I promise to leave you in peace, soon enough. Sand is facing troubling times and more dangers are lurking ahead. You have seen close relatives, revealed as deities that then turned on you and on Sunagakure. Trust levels are surely as down as they ever could be, but if we hope to survive this incoming struggle, we need to remain united. I am no longer a complete stranger, but a stranger I might remain. Considering what I have proposed myself of doing, there is no way to know if I am going to be alive in a few weeks from now. Is there anything you would like to know about me or my clan before I depart?" Kazuki questioned. Now, more than ever, trust was needed between them. If they were to mount up a solid defensive wall against their enemies, they had to remain tight. "There are secrets I may not be able to divulge, just like your clan has secrets that you won't openly reveal, but I am certain I can quench some doubts you may have. Especially if you have met that Rinnegan User Kuro dubbed Nanashi."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Mikaboshi isn't some evil spirit. Exorcism isn't going to work, banish the spirit from a body and it will merely inhabit another body."<i></i> Sousuke had a feeling that Kuro did not understand the true nature of the Ancient of Shadows. Soul bindings were not used upon him. It was a contract he had with Sousuke. True Mikaboshi was sealed within the blade, but that was not the same as soul binding. How could one bind a soul, if there was no soul in the first place? Sousuke hypothesized that Ancients had something like a soul, but in truth it was a soul. Perhaps they would never understood what Ancients had in place of a soul. If souls had been their food, then clearly Ancients themselves did not have souls?

Kuro then went on about how eventually his dead baby brother's soul would merge with him, and then cease to exist? Did the Toraono clan know that this was going to happen? Did that mean Sousuke's current persona and ways would vanish into nothingness and allot for some usurper to take over? It was a rather disturbing thing to consider. When one ceases to be themselves and not by choice, what does one do then? Apparently this anger, this raw emotion he had shown Kuro and Kazuki was evidence of something. It was something that would undoubtly cause to Sousuke not at all sleep for weeks on end, perhaps a year. It was all the more reason for him to cease any and all showcases of emotions. It was a haunting thing. When Kuro had left the room, Sousuke would sigh. "So."<i></i> He began, "This is new and disturbing news if I understand Kuro correctly then. Each time I show emotion of any sort then I run the risk of becoming this thing that is not me entirely. I become something else entirely... something not Takahashi and something more akin to the lineage of Queen Azame."<i></i> He spoke more to himself more than Kazuki. "What does one do? What does one do especially when they are on borrowed time?"<i></i> He questioned out loud. This was the sort of thing he wanted an answer to but at the same time he was certainly afraid of the answer. The fear in itself was a countdown to the involuntary re-constitution of the self. "What happens then when I am no longer myself? Do my memories cease to exist? Do I become someone else entirely?"<i></i> The concept was in itself, almost laughable truth be told. This was a very dangerous prospect. Was this part of some elaborate game?

Kazuki thankfully caused Sousuke's self destructive thoughts to turn sideways for a moment as he had mentioned Nanashi. "Quite."<i></i> He began, "Curiously she revealed your clan's supposed weakness which I am in no form or way going to test. I understand your clans unwavering loyalty unto itself first, before anything else. There is some personal greiavance which I am most certain in the middle amongst both sides is the truth. That or ... I am being screwed with, again. This seems to be happening a lot lately. It is vexing, truthfully. "<i></i>

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sousuke rambled a bit about the prospect of letting his emotions run wild and become something else. "Sousuke you are human, first and foremost, thus you cannot cease to feel emotions. To do so would mean your humanity would be lost and what is the point of fighting inhuman enemies, if you are inhuman yourself? Fighting fire with fire might sound good, but this strategy cannot work forever. I am what people could consider an abomination. You are the current leader of this village, its face. You represent light while I work in the shadows. I am the one that is capable of walking in circles you should not step into. I am your ally but I cannot be you. Perhaps there is a chance I can fix your so called problem, perhaps I could extract the Toraono soul from your body, but I have no idea what could happen to you, if that were to happen. Or if that is even possible at all. It is more likely that I can shield you from its effects. There is also a solid chance that something good will happen if you remain on your current path, of letting your emotions run wild." Kazuki noted as he eyed the Steward with a slight concern look on his pale face. "However, I am merely theorizing here as I have no facts to back me up." he concluded.

Thankfully though, the Overlord's last questions diverted the Purple Haired Man from those self destructive thoughts he was having. "Can you tell me what exactly Nanashi has told you? He, or she, is not a Senju, ergo whatever knowledge she, or he, may possess is certainly faulty or incomplete. I alone can give you true answers if you choose to believe me. I remind that you can ask me anything you like and I shall try to answer it. I am about to embark on something foolish. I am going to find Shiori and pretend I am her ally. People might come to you and label me as a traitor, I may do things in front of you that may make you think, in truth, I really am one. But never forget this, I am working in our best interest here and I will do anything to accomplish that, even if I have to, seemingly, change colors." the White Wolf spoke. This would not be easy on Sousuke. Just as it would not be easy for the Silvery Haired Man. He had allied himself with the Steward Kazekage and Reaper was a man of his word, for the most part. "So I say again, do you trust me Takahashi Sousuke? Do you have enough faith in this Senju, so that I can do anything at my disposal, in order for us to win in the end? I have trusted my clan's safety to you when we first met and I had no reasons to do so besides your own word. And such confidence in your righteousness was not given lightly." the former Sennin declared.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Your heard it from Murderess Suna, I lack empathy. Do you know how difficult emotions are for me? Yume isn't even used to me showing expression. She was there when Shade proceeded to put my 'soul' back together."<i></i> Sousuke answered. The concept of soul was something very frustrating, and how important it was to humans, and as for Ancients it was considered their food. Kazuki spoke of how he could fight fire with fire, or he could extract the Toraono soul from him. What happened when he did so? Was it murder? Would he lose characteristics. Sousuke punched the wall as he had no clear answers to this either. "Each of those are entirely possible. Even if it a one percent chance of it occurring, we have to consider it as an absolute."<i></i> Sousuke spoke.

Number Seven had been silent for some time. The canine looked to Kazuki, Although I may not be the original Number Seven, Sousuke has grown substantially. I would like think that something positive may occur. Sousuke, please do not do anything reckless.<i></i> The canine advised. The canine looked to Kazuki for a moment Kazuki is a friend you need right now. I think it is best to let him continue on his path, as am I. I know it has been said earlier, but we are with you to the end of this. You are not your father, you do not need to fight these battles all by yourself. You have gotten this village into the open. Children will be born and raised with the sun on their skin. Is this worth fighting for Sousuke?<i></i>

Sousuke exhaled. "Yes. This is worth fighting for. We have not come this far for nothing. We will endure and we will strive forward."<i></i> Kazuki spoke of his goal, and hesitantly Sousuke accepted his plans. "Nanashi told me if I kill your clan's tree, I destroy your clan. There is no line your clan will not cross to attain power."<i></i> Sousuke shook his head. "To be honest, no one is really above that. It just isn't your clan, it's mere a way of life truly. Maybe I too would do the same, but it is a human thing of those with ... certain personal make-ups."<i></i> He knew it was an insurance policy that could be used should something terrible go awry with Shiori. It would not surprise Sousuke if Shiori manipulated Kazuki for her own designs.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With a little help from Number Seven, Kazuki managed to convince the Steward, his plan was necessary. And the measures he was going to take a necessary evil. Yes, those talks entailed numerous risks, death was a possibility, a very real one. But some times dark paths need to be walked before light can be brought upon. The Overlord would be Sousuke's Dark Knight, so the Purple Haired Man could be the Paladin Sunagakure needed. "Nanashi told me if I kill your clan's tree, I destroy your clan. There is no line your clan will not cross to attain power." the Takahashi Highlord answered. The Silvery Haired Man sighed. It was astonishing how someone not from his clan thought he knew the Senju's weaknesses. Nanashi was not far from the truth, however, since he was starting from wrong assumptions, he was bound to be incorrect. "Unfortunately, Nanashi is not entirely correct. If you begin with a wrong assumption, you will reach incorrect conclusions. He has overlooked a few facts that I will now share with you. Allow to me start by telling you how the Senju clan came to be." the White Wolf noted.

"A very long time ago, old Konohagakure was on its prime. The Senju clan was already a prominent clan within my village. Unfortunately, old Konoha days were numbered as someone or something activated the Red Rain Kinjutsu. I've told you one of the reasons we have fled Konohagakure was both due to the Fire Diamyo's invasion and the activation of that endless Chakra Sapping raining. Now imagine a true and massive deluge, one that completely covered the landscape and the village itself. Most of the population certainly died, but one small boy miraculously survived. Shelter did not exist, food was not available. Among the watery ruins of old Leaf, he found a tiny tree. Somehow, this tree grew in size as it absorbed the waters produced by the Kinjutsu. And the more it absorbed, the greater its size. Eventually the waters receded and the tree stood massively over the ruins. This boy survived the entire ordeal by eating whatever the tree provided him. This boy was the first Senju, of what is considered our modern incarnation. This is the history that was recorded in our annals." Reaper spoke. This was their true history and something that could help explain their connection to the tree, even if he had omitted the fact they drink its sap.

"Nanashi mentioned if the tree was destroyed, then my clan would die. This assumption relies on being able to destroy the tree, and unfortunately, I have to tell you that might not be entirely possible. The Elder Tree, the one in Konohagakure has suffered through much and it is still there, alive and waiting us. Nothing has ever been able to dent it, so would any one thing they can destroy it? It has survived being burn, someone tried to chop it, nothing worked. The tree I have planted in Sunagakure has grown by now. It is, just like the original, virtually indestructible. Now, I have mentioned two trees already, what makes you or anyone else think I would rely my clan's survival on a tree that I can't access and another in a foreign land?" the former Sennin questioned. "The answer is simple,I have planted more trees out there. Most are dormant, require active care from a Senju individual for them to grow. It would be suicidal to do the opposite." Kazuki practically immediately answered.

And now the last part. "I have told you before, we Senju live with a constant struggle of attaining power. In fact, I even shared with you that I need to obtain souls to sate such hunger. However, you cannot consciously believe that every Senju is like me. Power comes in different forms and shapes, and each Senju craves power in a different way, no matter how illogical it may seem. My uncle, as an example, was a Jinchuriki. His path to power consisted on creating and maintaining a balance between him and his inner demon. The longer he maintained said balance, the stronger he became. Is this a violent way to acquire power? I think not. There are others that are solely interested in social status. The better their standing in their village, the stronger they feel and are. Does this make sense to you? Certainly not as it does not make sense to me at all. But it worked and it was fairly peaceful." the Overlord of the Senju clan stated. "Do you think you understand us a little better now? I have also neglected to mention something. Those Senju that have been utilizing the tree that was planted in Sunagakure, are now very loyal to Sand. Incapable of betraying this village and the longer we stay, the greater this sense of allegiance. Do you think we will betray you?" Reaper concluded.

[MFT - 820]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back