Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Counsel with the Steward [Private]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke and Number Seven exchanged glances as Kazuki explained the history of the Senju clan it started with the first who had survived an ordeal. Like Primus, the One King, one was able to endure and capable of allowing there to be a future. In Sand's history Primus rose up against the ancients and fought them.<i></i> Kazuki revealed that he had planted a tree in Sungakure as well. Sousuke thought about it for a moment. He had no knowledge of this tree. It couldn't be hard to miss though considering that the size grew in size. At the very least it did not seem that his people were complete starved or loss without their tree. Kazuki had also revealed that there were multiple trees present. The Senju could very well have a tree planted in each of the major countries. That being the case there was also the case that alot of work would be required to maintain each tree. That being said the trees were dormant awaiting to be awakened? Do trees even sleep? It was a different sort of concept Sousuke had to consider.

"No."<i></i> Sousuke answered as Kazuki had questioned him about betrayal. He was still placing the concepts to work in his mind. Each Senju was different. Their struggle for power as revealed was something very different for each Senju. Some wanted social status, others wanted demonic power. "That being said, I would think that there are some Senju who would acquire power over elements or a mastery of metal, if I were to think solely in one direction."<i></i> Sousuke proposed the concept. Sousuke rubbed the back of his head. He pondered about this for a few moments longer. It was indeed a curious notion. "I do think I've come to understand your clan a bit better now."<i></i> He paused for a moment considering something further. "If Senju is born in a particular territory, and partake of a tree from another realm. What is more binding the land of birth or the location of the tree? The place of one's birth always holds a special place in one's heart. It would be hard to chose between the two, if you cannot answer the question I am perfectly fine with that. More of a science of worlds question."<i></i>

"My clan history isn't nearly as complicated but you've got the general concept of us protecting the line of Sunahoshi and always serving them as advisors."<i></i>

MFT: 407

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"That being said, I would think that there are some Senju who would acquire power over elements or a mastery of metal, if I were to think solely in one direction." Sousuke would remark. Kazuki thought for a moment before commenting the Steward's words. "Yes, if I recall correctly one of my brethren was after learning and mastering every elemental nature he could possibly do. I have told you about myself and my uncle. Allow me to share my nephew's path to power. Much like you, he was a man devoted to science and craftsmanship. He was focused on science advancement, but to improve himself. I still remember the day he unveiled his newest breakthrough. A liquid metal that fashioned itself around his body as a black metallic armor. Quite an imposing visage if you ask me. We traveled together to the Lightning Country, and as I entered Kumogakure to talk with the Raikage, Hayata Shin, and their Medical Sennin, Isaki Kushin, he stayed on the outskirts of the village, gathering people for our army. Unfortunately after I exited Cloud, Minoru was not where he was supposed to meet up with me, and I did not receive any word from him ever since. I am afraid I have lost yet another member of my family." the Overlord would note as he went silent. He stared the horizon, seeing nothing but a tally of the dead on his family. It was getting terribly short by now. Both parents dead, his uncle and nephew missing, and quite possibly dead as well, and his own sister had a severe case of memory loss. And she was also missing.

"If Senju is born in a particular territory, and partake of a tree from another realm. What is more binding the land of birth or the location of the tree? The place of one's birth always holds a special place in one's heart. It would be hard to chose between the two, if you cannot answer the question I am perfectly fine with that. More of a science of worlds question." the Purple Haired Man questioned. The Silvery Haired Man raised his eyes and stared at Sousuke again. "This not a place of birth issue, but more to where the tree is rooted, once you connect with one. I was born in Leaf, just like most of the Senju Clan. We were all connected to the tree located in Konohagakure, save for those that were born post exodus, ergo, we are loyal to Leaf. We are physically and mentally incapable of betraying Konoha, unless something very, very drastic happens. But now we are connecting ourselves to Sand's tree. Our allegiance is slowly shifting toward Sunagakure, but we can never forget where we came from. Those young Senju that were born in Sand will never have their loyalties divided like this, unlike us, older folk. However, the longer we stay here, the greater our ties, and the lesser chances we will migrate back. Yes, we will remain allied to Konoha for as long as we live, but there is a great possibility we will not relocate back, once Leaf is liberated. When the time comes, because it will come to be, I will offer my clansmen a choice. They can go back or stay here. I hope you, or whoever the Kazekage might be, allows them the freedom of such choice." the White Wolf tried to explain. It was hard to teach a concept it would take a Senju to understand. Sousuke was a Takahashi, not a Senju, and the former Sennin would not subject the Steward to his rituals, so he could fully understand what he was trying to convey. Because only through experiencing it himself, would the Purple Haired Man fully relate to it.

"My clan history isn't nearly as complicated but you've got the general concept of us protecting the line of Sunahoshi and always serving them as advisors.". Reaper nodded upon hearing say that. He felt, however, Sousuke was selling himself, and his clan, short. "Please tell me when did the Takahashi line began protecting the Sunahoshi and serving as advisers to them? When did that start?" Kazuki inquired. He was curious about the past of the Takahashi clan. Since he had just shared his own clan's history, it felt appropriate to learn Sousuke's. By now, the Overlord of the Senju clan had resumed himself into silence. Not only to listen to the Steward's reply but because he had run dry of things to say. The purpose of his meeting with the Takahashi Highlord had been fulfilled and their conversation was practically over. Now that silence had reigned supreme inside the Purple Haired Man's workshop, they could listen that the storm brewing outside, was much more intense now. And it was also pretty close to their location as well. By no means had, the Silvery Haired Man, the desire to venture outside right now.

As thunder and lightning reached its peak, so did Kazuki grab his head and clenched his teeth. "You are trying to escape your fate, but there is no where to run. Fighting your fate is futile. I see all. Things that were, things that are and some things that have not yet come to pass. I am near but I cannot still manifest physically in your domain. But you will be slain by my agent." a voice echoed on their minds. For as long as the Phoenix spoke to them, the pain felt was unbearable, but as soon as it had stopped, so did the pain. The White Wolf slowly released the hold over his own head and straightened on his seat. His black irised eyes stared back at Sousuke and his face showed a slightly alarmed expression. Something very uncommon on him. He also suddenly realized that the storm was still on its peak, which was quite odd. In fact, it seemed to have increased a notch. Midway through a particular intense thunder and a rather bright lightning, a new presence made itself sensed. Reaper's hair on his neck was raised, as if, too much static electricity had been raised, in one single spot. The door to the Steward's workshop suddenly exploded and a hulking figure became visible to the duo. Despite the distance and the poor lighting conditions, Kazuki realized this creature was not fully corporeal and it certainly was the agent the Phoenix Force spoke about. "I think it is time we test that sword of yours." the Overlord grimly noted.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke was silent for a time as Kazuki had explained the loss of a family member of his. He sighed, "I'm sorry to hear of your loss."<i></i> The bodies seemed to want to stack up seemingly. There was no limit to the death toll. The events to come in months, years, from now would only add to that toll in vast amounts. Kazuki detailed the nature of birth and allegiance. Sousuke understood that the Senju's loyalties were with Konoha. That was something understandable. It was the natural origins of the clan. "I would not expect you to forget where you come from. As long as a Takahashi maintains a position of power, they will give the Senju that choice."<i></i> Borders and properties lines were man-made constructs, but they had meaning. Perhaps Ancients too had a notion of such understanding given the fact that Mikaboshi had subjected a Fire Court noble who tried to push into his lands and take over.

Kazuki had inquired about the start of the Takahashi clan's relationship to the Sunahoshi. Given the new reveal that Murderess Suna did not appoint the Sunahoshi as rulers, it caused Sousuke to reconsider everything It was a difficult thing for him to accept, that this was fiction. . "Two hundred years ago. After the death of Homura, Fuujin, and Primus. It technically predated that time period too considering that the first named Takahashi had made armour for Primus, he had died doing so. The armour Primus wore began the motto of my family: 'We're King's Men'. "<i></i>He continued, "Takahashi have been involved in the politics of the Sunahoshi. My ancestor Shiro was upon a time relieved of his duties by a Sunahoshi who he had to rule for as regent because she was not of age. When that Takahashi rode to her rescue she had grown to love the man. He was a teacher, and a protector to her."<i></i> He added. Sousuke overheard a storm. He silently approached the door. It was strange. Was Katuso nearby? He didn't look outside but he merely looked outside. He heard voices in his head. Sousuke snorted. Another outside? Again? No. This was not nonsensical. This made perfect sense. Sousuke watched as a bolt of lightning hit the door. Sousuke raised a barrier and the barrier was vaporized. He rubbed the back of his head. "Our enemy reveals itself."<i></i> He spoke as he called the Black Blade to him.

The weapon is in an untested phase. I suppose now we'll find out what it can do.<i></i> Number Seven spoke as Sousuke split the Black Blade into two weapons and gripped the twin. The weapon was ready, but indeed it had yet to see action. Sousuke with his twin blades kept his distance from his foe. He waited, but more importantly he was observing his enemy. Detailing what he needed to in order to determine the might of their foe.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I'm sorry to hear of your loss." Sousuke noted upon hearing the somewhat tragic story about Kazuki's family lives. "What is life if not a succession of losses until you reach your own demise. Then becoming a loss for someone else? Yes, I agree this may be a very grim view of our human lives, but I have seen too much death, some caused by my hand, in my short life to think something else." he replied, although no question had been posed. "I would not expect you to forget where you come from. As long as a Takahashi maintains a position of power, they will give the Senju that choice." was the Steward's answer when told what was going to happen to the Senju clan, once Leaf had been restored. "You cannot imagine how much joy filled my heart upon hearing this." the Overlord noted. Well, as much joy, as someone like could. Ostensibly, not much at all. The Purple Haired Man then shared with the Silvery Haired Man a brief tale of the Takahashi clan over the history. The White Wolf listened with great interest. It was quite a tale. The Takahashi could be traced back as early as to the time of Primus. In fact, according to Takashi, it was one of their first that crafted the First Men King's armor, losing its life on the process. "Your clan's history may not be as complicated as mine, as you have put it, but I can safely say it is as bit as grandiose as it can be." the former Sennin complimented.

"Our enemy reveals itself.". And he was right. The first lieutenant of the Phoenix had emerged to wage war upon them. This was going to be a fight to the death. And for their sake, they had to win. Sousuke grabbed his experimental blade, that luckily had been finished by now, albeit still in an untested phase. This was going to the grand opening then. An immediate effect was the splitting of the blade into two twin swords. Each one gripped in a different hand. Sousuke and Kazuki had exited the laboratory of the former and both faced their new enemy. A towering creature, much taller than any of them, stared back at them. It was, apparently, made of electricity. A clearly dangerous foe, but at least, it lightened their battle ground with its very existence. The Overlord studied the creature a bit and noticed tiny sparks over its entire body. "Did you notice those sparks over its body? I would say it is not safe to touch it, even with those blades of yours. You will lead the assault and I will support you. But we are going to insulate you first." Reaper told his partner in arms. The White Wolf touched the Steward's shoulder and immediately his body began to be covered by a layer of wood. It took the shape of a Samurai armor, ironically. Kazuki would shrug his shoulders if the Takahashi Highlord were to make a comment about the odd shape of the armor. Well, it was the most famous armor in the world, and the former Sennin had seen plenty of them in recent months.

The Overlord then utilized two weak earthen jutsus to distract their foe and allow the Purple Haired Man an window of opportunity to attack. First the ground below Zzzax suddenly turned into mud, destabilizing its balance and serving as a means to prevent a successful dodge from its part. The second technique created a clone of Sousuke that ran toward the Lightning Lord, wavering the twin swords like a madman. Zzzax, on the other hand, stood there, immobile and not striking back. It was either preparing a massive attack that required time or he was simply giving them the initiative.

OC
My actions are

[spoilername="Zzzax -The Lightning Lord"]

Core Ability: One with the Sky
He has a permanent Thunder Armor (One with the Sky ability) effect on him.
He also has an active Lightning Chakra Style - Volt Jump (Offensive effect).[/spoilername]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke watched as Kazuki coated him in plants? "Strange. I never considered this to be a viable form of armour. Plant life. I supposed we will see how long this will last. It is certainly thick, but not impossible to move in."<i></i> He watched as Kazuki's clone of him went in for the attack. Sousuke halted though. He didn't attack. Instead he called to the metal from outside. He formed a metallic disc and had to go skyward and hover for a moment. The thought was to use this as a lightning rod. Sousuke had done this before at the lightning wall. It worked before, but this was a sentient creature. Different rules may apply. "This armour design is curiously weighty. Even for what I am used to wearing, but it is a design I am not familiar with. I do thank you for armouring me though."<i></i> Sousuke would then begin his attacks. He would dash forward to meet his enemy enemy and raising the twin blades. He brought the twin blades down forming an X slash which was a myriad of strikes (Higuma). He would then attempt a dual horizational slash for the head as he attempted to behead his foe (executioner). Of the two attacks he presented he was less inclined to think that the second would land. Sure Zzzax was stuck in mud, but he was a creature born of lightning, as such it would not surprise him as such. The lightning elemental would need to be grounded.

Sousuke would attempt to bind his foe with another attack. The twin blades would glow grey as he skewered his foe with them and held the blades in placed. He would channel an earthern jutsu into his foe attempting to change his nature from lightning to earth. Sousuke would petrify his enemy. "Let us see if our foe's nature can change through sheer force."<i></i> Sousuke added. He channeled the earthern technique through his weapons which is why they were glowing grey. If successful their enemy would be slowed down as he was being turned to stone. The alternative was that his foe would out front be immune to its effects and would not be slowed down in any way at all. This was what one called the learning process. In order to best your adversary one had to better understand them. Granted that in dealing with these beings, the time to learn and to best them was limited. Ever since the encounter with Shouki, Sousuke knew that time was limited in studying his foe.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Best protection I could think off against electricity." Kazuki noted. Yes, said armor was probably cumbersome, but better alive than dead and agile. There was one even better, but the Overlord had no access to the jutsu Sand Armor. Not yet though. Sousuke's clone made by the White Wolf charged in, practically yelling as if it had gone mad. The real one paused and send a perfectly balanced, and incredible sharp, metallic disk. Instead of shooting their enemy, the Steward launched it upwards and made it over the field. The Silvery Haired Man concluded it was acting as a poor man's lightning rod. It was an idea with some merit, but he was not certain if it was going to work at all. Natural lightning, sure, but the creature's offense? Probably not. Reaper paused for a moment as a lighting bolt struck the Purple Haired Man's disk. He almost smirked upon learning it was possible to attract those, one less thing to worry about. Unfortunately, the clone had no such luck, as Zzzax extended a massive right hand and a single bolt of lightning was shot at the mud clone and poor creating was instantly vaporized. Fortunately, the distracted proved to be enough as the Steward propelled himself forward and started a multi strike attack on the creature.

"Sand would better insulate you, but I do not know how surrounded with it. And you are lucky, because sand would be much heavier than this." Kazuki noted. Sousuke would find, once his attacks were over, that little to no damage was present on Zzzax's body. In fact, each strike created a small shock on the Takahashi Highlord's body and the more he hit, the greater the effect of them. Luckily, the former Sennin's Thorn armor shielded him from the worst. The Purple Haired Man would also notice that each strike against their foe would decrease the amount of wood covering his body. Petal by petal, tiny branch by tiny branch, is armor was dwindling. "Let us see if our foe's nature can change through sheer force." the Overlord's battle companion noted. The White Wolf quickly scrolled through his academy days memories. He knew he had been taught about the basic elemental cycle. Lightning was strong against Earth but weak against wind. As soon as he remembered that, he tried to stop Sousuke's attempt at petrifying Zzzax. "No, don't." Reaper told him. It was too late though. Sousuke had already started to channel a very powerful earthen technique. This was one that Kazuki also knew. Zzzax stood motionless. The mud river that the White Wolf had created at its feet was still active, and perhaps that had prevented it from moving away. Or, mayhaps, it was done on purpose. The Overlord saw as their foe's body slowly turned into stone. "Don't start cheering just yet, I don't think we have won." the Silvery Haired Man noted.

And immediately after he had stop speaking, the stone armor encasing Zzzax's body suddenly exploded, revealing a harmless enemy inside. The crackle of lightning reached their eyes, but it was not steady. It was wavering as if Zzzax was laughing at their paltry attempts of slaying him. "Remember your ninjutsu classes in the academy days." Kazuki noted. He mustered a large amount of his gelid and shadowy chakra. The Overlord was about to test his theory and by using a very powerful wind technique. The White Wolf fully focused the span of his attention entirely on Zzzax, wind suddenly picked up and kept increasing and increasing until a very powerful current hit their foe head on. The lightning elemental let out a cry of pain as the Silvery Haired Man's ninjutsu was effective in harming it. Their foe was slightly pushed away from the intensity of the wind current, but its movement eventually stopped as Zzzax countered it with sheer physical force. A large amount of electricity was gathered around their area until every follicle and every nerve in the White Wolf's body practically pulsated. A single, massive, lightning bolt teared the sky and instantly struck an unprotected Overlord. Reaper was flown away from where he stood and crashed into the wall of Sousuke's private smithy. His eyes were still open and he was still alive.In fact, he was still conscious but found himself momentarily paralyzed. "He is weak against wind." was all that he could muster to say right now.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kazuki was incapacitated. This was problematic. Secondly trying to change Zzzax's nature did not go as well as Sousuke had thought. The technique did not last that long. Most unfortunate. Sousuke's attempt to detain the lightning elemental was not going to work. Before Kazuki was knocked out he used a wind jutsu which did indeed reveal a larger weakness of their nemesis. The creature howled in pain. What Susuke had learned was that indeed natural elemental rules applied against their enemy. Sousuke noted that as then Kazuki was struck by lightning. He did not doubt that Kazuki could bring himself back to. Wait. No. Kazuki was conscious. He was most likely just paralyzed for the moment as this was the nature of most lighting jutsus.

Sousuke had a grim feeling. His little shack was not going to last this encounter. The good news is that his research was in his head. He could always re-write the research down. Then again he was armed with the weaponry he had worked on. Sousuke put some distance between himself and his foe. Taking in mind what Kazuki had suggested Sousuke span around, as he did so he unleashed a torrent of wind at his enemy (Zephy's Grace). The attack flew out and for a flickering moment transformed into a dragon the dragon opened its mouth as it ran through their foe. This was the first attack being used that was a counter element. The second attack came as Sousuke slashed at the enemy released a series of gusts of winds at the enemy (Wind Scar). Sousuke was aiming for the death of a thousand cuts as he repeated the technique and sent several of these slicing winds at his enemy. The first barrage fired did not seem to be overly effective, but it was the second batch of them that had contained a more concentrated blast. Sousuke focused for a moment longer as he thought of his final attack. His twin blades swirled about for a moment. He grasped them and they turned into twisters, upon the top of the twisters formed a wind blade. The shape of the weapon was in fact a pair of duel scythes (Great Wind Scythe). With his twin blades morphed into wind scythes as he threw the pair of them into his enemy. Upon releasing them it was revealed that he had not in fact not thrown his weapon. The dual attacks were aimed at Zzzax's chest. He wondered if his foe was sliced, would he spill out lightning. The question of which... then what happened?

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Wind jutsu after wind jutsu, Zzzax was struck and with each strike he growled in pain and anger. How could this be? How could lowly humans harm him? The first of the five Elemental Lords of the Phoenix Force. This could not be true. He had just knocked out one of the humans, why was the other damaging him so? While each attack from the Purple Haired Man did not show any lasting damage on Zzzax's body, it was quite clear their enemy was hurting. Fortunately, Kazuki was only paralyzed and not unconscious. His body slowly regain its motor functions and the Overlord eventually raised up to his feet. Doing so was not a peaceful action as he practically stumbled on his own feet. This sound would probably alert Sousuke that his companion had moved. If the Steward were to look behind him, he would notice Reaper slowly walking toward him as if he was under the effects of a drunken stupor. The White Wolf shook his head a few times and finally felt his mind was clear. He raised his gaze and found out that Zzzax was cowering and the Purple Haired Man was effectively gaining the upper hand in their duel. Unfortunately time was not on their side. Zzzax, the Phoenix Force, the Fire Daimyo, the Cabal, Suna, possibly Mikaboshi, perhaps the Wind Daimyo. Sunagakure was in danger and had no shortage of enemies. This fight had to be done and quickly. The Silvery Haired Man initiated what was, quite possible, his trump card and his single greatest ability.

Via activating all his cursed seals in his arsenal, Reaper began his Reaper mode. If it was chilly before, every human in the vicinity would feel the air temperature dropping very abruptly. The howling of the wind also became more intense, practically deafening all thunder. They were already fighting under terrible lighting conditions, but everything seemed veiled by shadows, lightnings themselves dimmer. "Die." he would whisper. Despite being a whisper, the word was still audible enough to alert Sousuke that something was very off. Kazuki's voice sounded guttural, demonic. Quite different than what was normal to him. If the Steward were to look behind, once again, he would spot something very alarming. The Overlord was gone, at least, the figure he knew pertaining to the Silvery Haired Man. He had grown in size and his clothing was different. He now sported a purple hood that concealed, in its entirely, his face. The only thing that was visible from inside the hood was a pair of purple glow,that was his eyes. Hands and arms had shed all skin, revealing the skeleton within. A massive scythe was firmly gripped with his right hand.

While under this form, the former Sennin's power output increased exponentially, unfortunately he could not sustain it for long periods of time. Reaper dashed forward, passing through Sousuke without looking at his ally. He jumped midway through and rotated while in the air. Once 360 degrees had been reached, he deeply carved his scythe on Zzzax's chest. Both Kazuki, and the Lightning Lord, growled as they wrestled their willpower on each other. Eventually the White Wolf won and Zzzax began to wither as the Silvery Haired Man began to suck his opponent's soul. Moments later, Zzzax was no more and all that was left in its wake, was a small electric, yellow statuette. The Overlord turned around and faced Sousuke. The purple glow of his eyes caught the Steward and the scythe resonated with power. It seemed he was poised to attack his Kage, but no. The former Sennin's body slowly decreased while everything else, scythe included,vanished. He was now normal again, as normal as he could look though. The White Wolf dropped to one knee as he audibly gasped for air. His entire body visible trembled from the intensive effort his body had gone through. He raised to his feet, only to fall on his back. Luckily, Reaper had managed to create a wooden chair, so he fell on it.

Sousuke would also notice that Kazuki was motioning for him to take a seat, on the exact twin that had been conjured in front of the Overlord. By now, the Silvery Haired had shifted his position on the chair, resting his head on his fingers, while having his eyes closed. He was no longer gasping for air, but he was still very tired. The Steward would probably bombard with questions, but the White Wolf would remain silent for a while. "You know what my mind just made me remember?" he would question the Takahashi Highlord, either breaking silence or interrupting a barrage of questions. His voice was calm, but a tinge of tiredness was still perceptible. "Curiously I just recalled Kuro's words about Mikaboshi's newfound freedom. He is Sand's ANBU Sennin, am I correct? If you truly dominated him against his will, then he might have a grudge against you. Now imagine if Suna convinces the Deep Court Lord to ally with her. Imagine how much damage he could do if he were to use the ANBU branch against you and Sunagakure." the Overlord warned him. "You need someone there that knows what is going on and that can try to contain any and all shadowy influences Mikaboshi might spread. I am your man. Promote me to the ANBU Branch and place me in a sufficiently high ranking position so that I can counter any possible attempts on his part. If he tries nothing, then I won't have to do a thing, but if he does, I will be there." Kazuki requested.

Sousuke would be wandering, by now, what would the White Wolf know about being an ANBU, he that was a Jounin. Well, it was time to drop a bomb. "Did I ever tell you what was my position within Leaf's hierarchy? I was the Leader of Leaf's Intelligence Gathering and Diplomacy Department. In reality this was a cover from Konogakure's ANBU Branch, which means, I was Leaf's last ANBU Sennin." and he dropped it.

[MFT - 1011]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The wind sliced through Zzzax, but he was not bleeding. How does lightning bleed? The lightning lord was in pain of course. Shiori was in nature elemental, but she was far more human. She bled red sands, where as this foe was very much less human. Different rules, different beings. Sousuke very much lived in a world of human logic. He understood it well enough, and worked within it. It was the realm of mysticism and that of the paranormal that he had difficulty with. A completely different rule set, what was dead was not truly dead. Sousuke heard Kazuki get up. It was said that Kazuki had a cold aura. One that was much like Mikaboshi's, for the first time Sousuke felt something. He could see his breath form. What was this? Sousuke looked to Kazuki and found himself staring at something alien. Something very different than what he was used to seeing. Kazuki had transformed into ... this? Kazuki took charge, and took the fight to Zzzax. He cut through him and absorbed him. Did Kazuki lose his mind in this form? Was he incapable of telling friend from foe? It could come to blows it would seem, but it did not as Kazuki transformed back into his normal self. It would seem that Kazuki had spent alot on this attack and to put Zzzax out of comission Sousuke reached forward as it seemed like Kazuki was going to fall over and completely pass out. Luckily Kazuki had planned for this, Sousuke stared at him as now he sat in his chair. "Exactly, how old are you?"<i></i> It was a question that came to mind. He never asked, but Kazuki could be a lot older than he seemed to be.

Sousuke joined him and phased his twin blades out. He shook his head. "So. That was different."<i></i> He said as he took a moment to catch his breath. "Seems as if everything is coming out of the ... 'woodworks' as it were?"<i></i> Sousuke noticed that he was no longer seeing his breath. Things were returning to normal. Things got even more awkward as Kazuki started speaking as if nothing had happened. Sousuke scratched the back of his head. "Uhh... we're not going to take a moment to reflect over what happened, we're just going to have a seat and just continue to speak about politics."<i></i> He raised his hands up slightly. "Okay then. Sure."<i></i> Kazuki brought up all the right points. An alliance between Shiori and Mikaboshi would be most devastating. "Well, that is putting it mildly. I am most certain that Mikaboshi would have a grudge against me. He too will have to be dealt with."<i></i> He paused for a moment. "I would have you seek out an individual named Roku. He is an Anbu who I trust, but we go back. I want you and him to work together and head the ANBU. Roku has dealt with Cabal situation and more grounded crimes. You on the other hand have had dealings with things that I have literally no experience in. What just happened, right here? Right now? Something that my father perhaps dealt with better than I ever could."<i></i>

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Exactly, how old are you?" were Sousuke's first words after Kazuki fell on the chair he had just created. "I am 27." Kazuki would reply after he had said his piece about the ANBU situation. It was, nonetheless, a very curious question. There was a possibility in the air. A chance the Overlord was a possible hybrid of an Ancient and a Human. If correct, that meant he was cursed with having a very long, long life, but it did not mean he was already very old. Unless he had received a very powerful brainwash at some point of his life. It was clear, however, that the Steward was associating the Overlord's super mode with something ancient. It was not a novelty thing, but it was also not very old. "Uhh... we're not going to take a moment to reflect over what happened, we're just going to have a seat and just continue to speak about politics." was the Purple Haired Man's response at not having a chance to discuss what had just happened with the White Wolf. Yes, it seemed the Silvery Haired Man was dodging any and all inquiries about the strange looking form he had just assumed, but in reality, he was just postponing it for something he felt was much more urgent. "I would have you seek out an individual named Roku. He is an Anbu who I trust, but we go back. I want you and him to work together and head the ANBU. Roku has dealt with Cabal situation and more grounded crimes. You on the other hand have had dealings with things that I have literally no experience in." was Sousuke solution to a possible ANBU issue they could have to deal with.

He did not expect to lead the ANBU branch alone. He was a foreigner in a village with much tradition and rich in history. Placing an unknown variable leading one of the most critical shinobi branches, a hidden village had, would be folly. The Steward needed someone he knew and could trust, someone that came from his past, to co-lead with the former Sennin. Reaper nodded. It made sense and it was sensible. "As long as you can trust Roku, I see no reason to oppose your solution. You and I should meet him so you can explain him the changes you are about to implement. I would go alone, but if I were in his place, I would find it hard to trust in the word of man I just knew, and whose words carry so much significance." Kazuki would suggest as he went to silence once more.

"And I ask for forgiveness if my previous words seemed to be me, dodging a bullet." the Overlord stated mere moments later. It was a spoken apology that perhaps was not needed, but offered anyway. "At the time, my mind attempted to rationalize things as I dropped out of that mode, and the first thing that came to my mind was discussing the ANBU's branch fate. Now, please ask away. I will try to explain whatever inquiries you might have about what happened earlier. I can tell you, thought, what you have witnessed is what I consider my ultimate ability. Something I discovered by accident, or so I believe."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Twenty-Seven?"<i></i> Sousuke responded, "We're in the same age grouping."<i></i> He said noting it more for himself really. Kazuki and Sousuke had a life time of ruling and learning it would seem. Except in the case of the Steward nothing really clicked until he was in his teenage years. The two were of different in their schoolings. Sousuke worked with metal and worldly materials. He was not accustomed to the world of mysticism or souls. Truthfully Sousuke hated mysticism because he couldn't fully grasp how it worked. There was another thing he didn't grasp. That was sarcasm. That was something he was growing on. "Roku and I have had a very long history."<i></i> He began, "He doesn't mince words, but more importantly ... much like my relationship with the rest of the village, we look after each other. He acted accordingly against the Cabal when we were invaded."<i></i> He nodded his head. "Yes, I'll arrange a time and place for us to meet. He is ... well ... his language is sometimes questionable, but he isn't like Jin'ichi who well... let's not go back to that."<i></i> Roku wouldn't call Kazuki a fop. He hoped he wouldn't anyways.

The two would turn back to the phoenix. Sousuke motioned to where Zzzax used to stand. "That thing. It seemed to have a lingering sense of phoenix force flowing through it. There was something raw about it."<i></i> He hesitated for a moment though considering that Zzzax was a lightning elemental. He was not a fire elemental. "The Phoenix force. It is multi-elemental. Yet for the most part it is the purging fire of death and rebirth. Lightning may strike a site, and cause a fire. Our foe, he was purely lightning based. How does that figure into the bigger scope of things?"<i></i> Sousuke inquired. He rubbed his temples. "I channeled my wind jutsus through my weapon, and like from before I tried to change the nature of our foe into something else entirely different for a fleeting moment. I suspect that these purely elemental beings ... they cannot be re-written or compromised."<i></i> He commented. Sousuke sat back in his chair. "What was it we just fought?"<i></i> Sousuke would finally ask of his companion. "I guess what I'm trying to ask is how is something so attuned to lightning is a subject to fire? If there is one of lightning, then I have to suspect each element will have some binding figure?"<i></i>

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Twenty-Seven?" Sousuke responded with a question of his own. Kazuki simply nodded. It was pointless to re-confirm with words what he had just stated. "Roku and I have had a very long history. He doesn't mince words, but more importantly ... much like my relationship with the rest of the village, we look after each other. He acted accordingly against the Cabal when we were invaded. Yes, I'll arrange a time and place for us to meet. He is ... well ... his language is sometimes questionable, but he isn't like Jin'ichi who well... let's not go back to that." was the Steward's response to the Overlord's question if he trusted Roku. "Good enough for me. Their language is the least of my concerns, I only care if their heart is in the right place. If it is, then I will simply ignore what they say. Or at least attempt to." the White Wolf stated.

The conversation then returned to the Phoenix Force, more specifically to the Lightning Lord named Zzzax they had just fight. "That thing. It seemed to have a lingering sense of phoenix force flowing through it. There was something raw about it. The Phoenix force. It is multi-elemental. Yet for the most part it is the purging fire of death and rebirth. Lightning may strike a site, and cause a fire. Our foe, he was purely lightning based. How does that figure into the bigger scope of things?" Sousuke's notion of the Phoenix Force was essentially correct. This entity was related to fire, but more importantly, to death and rebirth. It wasn't exactly attuned to a specific element like Zzzax had been. So how indeed? Reaper shrugged his shoulders. He wasn't exactly sure. Although his clan had an extensive history with the Phoenix Force, this was his first time. Although there was an extensive record of all previous encounters, this was his first, and no matter how much detail the scrolls had, there was nothing like experiencing it first hand. "I am formulating a theory Sousuke, but it is just a theory." the Silvery Haired Man told him as he resumed to silence. Silence that was broken by the Steward as he continued.

"I channeled my wind jutsus through my weapon, and like from before I tried to change the nature of our foe into something else entirely different for a fleeting moment. I suspect that these purely elemental beings ... they cannot be re-written or compromised." the former Sennin nodded in agreement. "I suspect this creature was not from our world, meaning he is not subject to the same laws and regulations we are. Akin to Outsider, if you care to think about it. But while Outsider had a physical body that we could interact with, this one did not. In fact, I find Zzzax, as an elemental, with some connection to Ancients. But I am merely guessing here."

"I guess what I'm trying to ask is how is something so attuned to lightning is a subject to fire? If there is one of lightning, then I have to suspect each element will have some binding figure?" the Takahashi Highlord finally inquired. It was an interesting question, one Kazuki had an answer to, but as he had noted earlier, it was merely a theory. "Have you ever wondered why the five main countries are all tied to a particular element? Fire, Earth, Wind,Water and Lightning. Once I have been told a tale. This tale stated that before mankind, before ancients, before mostly everything, the world was ravaged by an eternal conflict, lead by five factions. Each one tied to those five elements and each one lead by one Elemental Lord. After fighting Zzzax, I believe this tale had a some truth in it. And I think we just fought the Lord of the Lightning Clan. Now, why was he apparently allied with the Phoenix Force?" the Overlord inquired, allowing the question to linger on the air, before supplying his version of an answer. "The Phoenix Force said she is going to cleanse this world of us. What existed before everything else? Those elemental clans. What if they allied themselves to the Phoenix in the hope reclaiming control of our planet? If I am correct, we will have to face four more Lords, before the Phoenix Force will make any attempt herself." he declared. It was a dreadful though he was giving words to, but if right, this conflict was far from over and it would be far more deadly than first anticipated.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke tried to put any business that concerned an outsider out of his mind. It was the type of thing that would keep him awake for hours at a time. It was those sorts of creatures he reviled. As Mikaboshi once put it, they would put a tear in reality just because. Outsiders had bodies yes, but the body as a whole was something absurd. It was that absurdity that once caused Sousuke react almost ... insanely? Violently insane? He spoke words that he usually did not. While Kazuki simply offered a theory, it was only a theory. "You're putting Zz--"<i></i> Sousuke hesitated for a moment. Repeating what Kazuki said was a bit strange for him. "Zzzax."<i></i> He finally said with some effort. It took his mind a moment to take apart the word, and then put it back together. "It was physical in the sense we made contact with it. It wasn't ... okay well yes."<i></i> He hesitated, and merely listened to the rest of Kazuki's theory. Sousuke never really did think about the bigger picture of the other countries. He didn't concern himself with it ... because ... well ... he just never thought to. It wasn't that he did not have the ability to show some sort of creature kindness to others. No. He gave Shuu a temporary home with the mist nin she had brought in during the devestation. He had given Kazuki's cousin food and drink. He had no dealings with lightning country, and stone well... again no dealings with them.

"These Elemental Lords. They would merely then just direct the Ancients then."<i></i> Sousuke suggested. "Wait. no. If the world was given a hard restart then we would be back at the time of the Ancients and slavery. It would be a caste system of sort. Either way we would be plunged back into a time of slavery."<i></i> That was the one thing Sousuke abhorred most of all. Sousuke leaned back in his chair and tried to grasp what this was going to mean in the long run of things. "Four more lords."<i></i> He repeated the number Kazuki had given him. "We will be ready for them then, let them come."<i></i> It wasn't like Sousuke had enough enemies to deal with. Four more? Ten more? The numbers were stacking, but ultimately he would be tested. With this in mind, he would need to at best upgrade his tech to an ant-elemental or counter-elemental. Play each element against the other. Exploit weak points. Devastate. Destroy. Sousuke blinked twice as he looked about his room. "I should clean this up. After that, I'm going to get some sleep. I'll arrange a meeting for us and Roku."<i></i> With that Sousuke would begin to clean up the mess Zzzax had left them from his demise.

[Topic concluded]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"We will be ready for them then, let them come." Sousuke firmly announced. Kazuki nodded in response. There was no way other way to look at it. "It is not like we have another option." the Overlord noted, agreeing with that the Steward had just said. They were going to be thoroughly tested. The Phoenix Force, the Elemental Lords, the Ancients, the Wind Daimyo, you name it. And through this test they were going to see of what material they were really made of. It was a do or die situation, and the White Wolf was not ready to die just yet. "I also need some rest. My body goes through a lot with that technique I used to take Zzzax down. So I will need time to recuperate. Send me a message whenever you are ready to initiate the meeting with Roku." the Silvery Haired Man noted as he got up from the chair. Turning to leave, Reaper took one last look at Celembrimbor. "So much to do and so little time." the former Sennin would mumble as he left.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back