Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Cutting Through Mountains [Tutor/Eishi]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Getting permission for Eishi had him in a bind. Somehow, Kiri managed to get the approval in the end, but not after spending some quality time with the head supervisor in the hospital and finishing all his reports on time for the next three days. At least it saved him the trouble of all-nighters in the coming three days. But hey, this was necessary in the next part of his educational tour for the prospect Mednin. It wouldn’t do to simply keep the kid isolated within the village. After all, much of the rough work of a mednin came in their experience out in the field, or at least beyond the confines of the hospital. That and because he had a feeling that Eishi didn’t like the stifling necessity of the hospital… not when he had such a colorful personality. That brief encounter and work at the library showed a different side to Kiri. It was very much rewarding and he couldn’t help but feel that Eishi was meant to do greater things than to just be stuck with hospital paperworks.

As such, he waited by the village gates for Eishi to arrive. It was barely dawn, the sky was still dark and the cold morning mist still in the air. But Kiri wanted a head start to Port Cirrus and that would actually take a good fair amount of traveling. Luckily, with the grace of the hospital supervisor, he managed to get a free ride with a caravan off to Port Cirrus for its weekly trades. The bad side was that it was leaving any minute now. The caravan made of at least six large carriages, four horse-drawn carts, and around about two dozen people, riders, merchants, and a few of their families, it was bound to leave with or without them as they had strict schedules themselves.

Kiri sighed as he glanced back at the gate after waving at the head of the caravan who was asking if they were ready to go. Kiri hoped Eishi would turn up soon. He already had things planned out for the journey and he was very much excited to share this opportunity with the boy. He adjusted his rucksack filled with books and other supplies he was supposed to be transporting to the outlying clinics. But as fast as he was in getting all excited, already, Kiri was beginning to wonder if he was a terrible teacher and that was why his student was about to miss this travel. Though not one to have self-pity at such shallow and trivial reasons, Kiri had been rather sentimental lately. Must be because of the new curse he was under.

He sighed as he watches the front of the caravan begin to move.

[WC:459]
[Topic Started]
[Requesting Eishi]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I hate getting up early. I don't care that I'm a ninja doctor in training or not, waking up at the crack of dawn was beyond ridiculous. When I learned that most doctors came into work early in the morning and stay for forty hours plus at a time, I nearly cried. I was ten god damn years old and yet I'd been learning in one of the most brutal high education courses in a very live or die sort of way. I guess other's judgments of me was far better than my own because I seemingly had been able to survive this long enough. Though, I did have to admit it felt like a constant battle of keeping up.

When I saw the demon Kiri out in the distance, I dryly smiled in resignation as I came over to his position. He had been my teacher for the past month and I had come to learn to respect the man. If nothing else, he decided how much work I was expected to do outside of his tutelage, so I liked to try and stay on his good side. I had seen his less than optimal days and they weren't as fun.

"I'm not a morning person. This transition has been hard for me," I looked towards the cup in my hand. Kiri could probably smell the coffee easily enough.

"So whats the plan for today, Boss?" I asked Kiri as I was in the beginning of a yawn. I stretched my legs, getting nice and limber for whatever kind of trip Kiri had planned for the two of us today. I noted the Caravan of course, but If we were expected to guard the caravan or something, I would likely curse myself for not preparing accordingly. I didn't even bring my jammies I noted to myself in despair. I was hoping this wouldn't be a long trip. I only had supplies for probably a day and a half at worst, two days at best. That was my standard supply while I was stationed in town while on duty.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri couldn’t get any happier at the sign of Eishi, though he felt a little disappointed that the boy’s concern was pretty much written all over his face. He chuckled at the thought as he would remember his own experience at having to wake up early every day. Even now when it should be part of his life, essentially because he was a Mednin, but also because of some other responsibilities in becoming a Sentou, there were times when Kiri just wished he had an entire day to simply idle and sleep away. And so, he didn’t really feel at all offended by Eishi, rather, the boy reminded him very much of himself. At least, the boy didn’t have to experience much of his life, though he seemed to have his own concerns. As such, Kiri had decided to make sure that he would be able to guide and prepare the lad for the life ahead. Theirs was a cruel reality, after all, though trickled with bits of joy, there would still be times of hardships.

“No, I’m sorry. You’re a growing kid, after all. You’ll need all the sleep you can get, and less caffeine and more milk. However, unlike my previous plan, the only way to travel with permission was to make use of the caravan. It’s not really that bad either. Come on,” greeted Kiri as he gave the boy a quick pat on the head before heading off to the last of the carriage which was about to leave. They were just on time too.

As they would approach, he let Eishi climb on board first, assisted by a girl around his age from inside. Then, Kiri would climb and sit next to Eishi. It wasn’t that big, nor was it too small. It was enough to fit in around ten people, though at the moment there were just four of them, a family of merchants. The father was the one driving the carriage, holding on the reins from the horses. The sons were on horses, riding next to the side or the back, forming as a rear guard of some sort before the remaining horse-drawn carts joined in line. Those were the actually goods and had more of the riders to guard them. Thus, leaving only the eldest daughter and a youngest one with them inside the carriage.

“I hope you both don’t mind the bumpy ride. The rain last night had made the path rather muddy,” said the Merchant as he peeked into the carriage from the curtain up front.

“No, not at all. We’re fortunate you and your colleagues allowed us to join your travel. Of course, we’ll do as requested.”

As they talked, the youngest daughter would pester Eishi about his name, age, his dream, and of course, tell him about how she loved her brothers and wished to become the best rider there was. This prompted the eldest daughter to comment on how unlady-like it was to prefer horses over dresses as she neatly patted the creases on her dress.

“Not at all. Having a doctor is important” continued the Merchant as he and Kiri discussed, “We were unlucky our friend had to stay behind with a flu. Oh, but you both were sent by the Aesculapium so I guess we should be fine. Hahaha! Anyway, just relax. This trip would take us six days at max. We’ll just have one brief stop at a town before heading straight to Port Cirrus.” With that said, the merchant would drop the curtain once more and focused on their course.

That let Kiri unload his rucksack to the side, taking a moment to glance Eishi who was in the middle of two girls vying for his attention, and possibly his opinion of the matter. He smirked. Then, he would take something out from the rucksack, a large book, and then handed it over to Eishi. “In case you get bored along the way, I brought some light reading for you,” said Kiri. Light reading would be a sarcastic note as it was roughly 2681 pages in total. “It’s one of the first books I received from my mentor. The basics of general surgery. There are different kinds such as field surgery, emergency surgery, plastic surgery, and...” he made sure to take note if the boy’s reaction would change, “Kinjutsu surgery. Of course, the latter is not expressed in detailed. Just minor introductions. The book, however, will be quite important as we’re out from the comforts of home. So, maybe a quick read on field and emergency surgeries would at least give you a bit of things to come.”

He didn’t really note if they would be performing surgeries. He merely wanted to introduce a different side of the medical shinobi’s work.

[WC: 798 + 459 = 1,257]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When I was told we were going to actually be guarding the caravan my mood took a bit of a hit. This was not how I was hoping to spend the next few days of my life, but I knew better than to argue over it. I was going to come along, I knew it, Kiri probably knew it too because he quickly directed me to get into one of the carriages that were already packed full of people. I looked at him like a piece of trash, then felt the cold reality of resignation as I got into the carriage like a whipped dog before getting surrounded by two sisters to both sides of me.

Surprisingly, girls my own age were not in my strike zone. I was far more interested in an older woman, like in their late teens through to the early twenties. Being surrounded by two girls, one pretty young and the other only a senior to me by a year or two, gave me little to worry or fluster over. Having been crammed into this car anyway, there was little point in me trying to escape the two girls constant jabbering. I was annoyed at first, but I got into the slog of answered the younger one with all her mundane questions. She seemed smart enough to not ask me about my injury, but she was probably warned off by her parents not to do so. I didn't mind as I probably would've given her an excuse like pretty much everyone else, but it was still nice to not hear the question again. It was also going to be a distraction, hopefully. I was also one of the types who get sick pretty easily with the motion of moving cart I wasn't in control of. I don't know why, but if I couldn't get my head outside to feel the morning air, I would feel nauseous and claustrophobic.

"I see the tradition of being overbearing is going full and strong, though," I commented as I looked at the book in Kiri's hands. For those who don't know, most textbooks tried to keep themselves under or around a thousand pages because, after the first thousand pages, the book starts to look more and more like a cube. This book most definitely could kill a small child if dropped on their head. I clenched my hand into a fist. Kiri was asking me if I wanted to read it when I got bored, but I knew better. I was expected to read, know and probably even recite that rain forest of a book before the end of the week, if not sooner. I could only cry internally. Even when we were out and about I was still expected to study!

I opened the book, the smaller girl looking over my shoulder at what I was reading before growing incredibly bored at the lack of picture and incredibly small text crammed in on each page. I internally cried once more almost wanting to swear at Kiri, yet somehow swallowing my tongue.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri could almost see the resignation in the boy’s eyes. He sighed internally. He once had the same defeated mindset before but eventually the boy would overcome this hurdle as much as he did in the past. He gave Eishi one last ruffle of the hair before he sat down quietly near the opening of the carriage and tied one side of the curtain so as to let a bit of the breeze enter. It was truly a different way to travel. Almost as if there was no rush. Glancing back to Eishi and his interaction with the children made Kiri smile. He was glad that the boy was capable of at least conversing, even if a bit brief, though when the girls got bored as Eishi had focused more on the book, Kiri couldn’t help but chuckle.

It would be a couple hours later, when they’ve gone quite a long way from Kumogakure, that Kiri suddenly jerked forward and looked to the direction of the front of the cart, before realization dawned on him and grabbed the kids (Eishi included) and pulled them to his side of the cart. Just in time, the wall of the carriage right where they were seated before would burst, sending splinters across. The carriage comes to a sudden hard stop. The curtain rips and reveals the sky and the plains, but as Kiri would stand and lean over, he would see that there was smoke coming from the front caravans, while numerous other carriages were damaged somehow.

But what was striking to see were the injured passengers in the other carriages, even if minor, as the rest of the riders would quickly get to action and help them out. Two of the carriages had flipped over, cries and panic were in the air. In short, it was chaotic.

“Are you all alright?” asked the Merchant as he rushed to the back and opened the carriage before rushing in to hug his daughters who were both bawling in tears and crying.

“They’re safe,” said Kiri as he turned to face the Merchant, “What happened?”

“I don’t know. Suddenly, there was an explosion and I made it just in time as something shot towards our direction but the carriage was still hit. What’s going on?” the distress in the man’s face was obvious even if he wished to speak calmly. In any case, this was no time for waiting.

“Alright. Stay here with your daughters. Keep safe,” said Kiri as he disembarked the carriage and took a good look at the chaos going on. “Eishi, let’s go. First, we’ll have to check on the wounded and-”

Another explosion from up front and immediately recognized it as some kind of jutsu. “Looks like someone’s playing rough over there. Change of plans. Things might escalate if I don’t intervene. Eishi, help as many as you can. Keep a calm mind and treat serious injuries first, I’ll have Umiseishin join you to see to everyone’s health.” At that, Kiri would make a cut along his hand with a kunai before he dropped the kunai on the ground and let his chakra overflow. It was brief, but the surge of chakra would have surprised the unaware. Then, as it disappeared after what seemed like a momentary wave, something rose from the ground, a surge of chakra in a liquid form creating a sphere before it tore open and showed a large blue sea slug with almost humanoid form. This creature’s eyes slowly opened, revealing the ocean’s reflection as it faced Kiri, its chakra continuing to revolve around its body.

“Umiseishin, please handle the treatment in the surrounding area. My student, Eishi, will be there. Assist him,” said Kiri before the shinobi would race towards the front.

In some of the carriages nearby, some of the passengers had burns, bruises, broken limbs and at worst, some kind of internal illness triggered by the panic, while some were trapped at the overturned carriage. Even with the help of the riders trying to rescue others, there was just too many and the panic did not help.

[WC: 684 + 1,257= 1,941]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Might as well get started, I mused to myself as if the only thing I was feeling wasn’t a general sense of disarray while I looked over the cinderblock in my hands. I skipped over the first hundred pages or so. It was just the annexes of the book and the thousands of accreditations. Well, already one twenty-sixth down, I considered before turning towards the first section and got lost almost immediately. Back to the annexes, I concluded. My progress was suddenly back to zero and I could only feel like crying.

It was a sudden motion that threw me back up and out the carriage as Kiri basically tossed me off and into the side of the cart. I was going to ask him what the fuck was going on, but before I was able to get my bearing, I found myself tumbling back into a standing position. I placed my hand on the ground to stabilize myself. The motion sickness I had moments before replaced with adrenaline and fear at the sudden movement. I wondered for about half a second where the brick I was reading went to in my semi-dazed state, but it seemed I had more to worry about.

I finally felt the wound on my shoulder of my missing arm. A small nail had embedded itself in my shoulder, more than likely when the cart had exploded I guessed, breathing deep. Quickly and silently, I willed the nail to dislodge itself using my magnetic affinity. It hurt, but I was already too focused to care at this point. When I did finally notice my surroundingIngs, it became clear that we had been hit hard and fast. There was already a number of wounded covering the place. I was pretty sure we only just got attacked a quaint thirty seconds ago, but this scene seemed to be a lot worse than just the elapsed time would've suggested. I saw some people with blown off body parts and another few bleeding profusely. I almost wanted to scratch my head at the utter carnage, but it seemed Kiri had a much better grasp of what the hell was going on than what I did.

As Kiri was about to give out orders, a second explosion rocked the lot of us. The wind displacing itself from the shockwave. Kiri cut his hand and summoned his otherworldly creature. I was slightly jealous at his seemingly natural display of summoning. It reminded me of my own failure a few months back. That had resulted in a big fat nothing after quite a bit of travel and hard work, but I didn't have time to dwell on those idle thoughts in my stupor. I got myself steady once more, reminding myself this was serious. People were still dying and I was still somewhat disoriented as it were.

“Kiri, I’ll go as ham as I can, but let’s be real here. I can only do so much and there's a whole lot of people. I’ll get them stabilized and away from here, but this band is screwed if you go tits up.”

I grabbed out a roll of bandages, a medley of supplies that would likely be all used up well before I was done here and a bottle of rubbing alcohol. I grabbed some alcohol swabbed and wiped my hands as best I could to sterilize myself. The wipes were more for my own sake than any of the patients here. We were still in the middle of the dirty woods, after all. I did this all while using magnetic chakra to lift out some stitching needles and the modern medical thread already attached to save me some time as a one-handed man. I was going to try and close up anybody who I could 'realistically' save using modern medical techniques and then let Kiri's summon do the actual healing bit if it was able. Otherwise, we'd have to wait for Kiri to actually fully close the wounds. Damn it Kiri, I'm a doctoral student, not a med nin.

Internally I was screaming and yelling that this was way outside my ability. This wasn’t a trial by fire, but some real shit is going down around me and I was expected to keep my head. I was doing what I could, running all over the place, grabbing the wounded that I could drag them to the woods and safety.

One case was a young boy who had been in the cart ahead of us when I last saw him. It was right as we were leaving Kumo, I recalled after another moment. His leg was blown clean off and he was losing blood fast. He was brought in by his father who was just as stricken as I probably should’ve been like the mass of the cowering people currently around me. I didn’t have time to exchange pleasantries with the bumbling man as I took his son. The boy was maybe a year younger than me, now that I got a good look at him. I placed him down on the ground as my needles went to work closing the wound. I held his leg tight in a tourniquet trying to stop the blood from flowing freely.

I was seriously beginning to hate Kiri. Who the fuck puts a kid through this. Didn’t he know I already had a therapist to deal with my own problems?

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the grounds became a chaotic sight, Kiri would soon near the point of impact. There stood one shinobi, his aura spurring out outrageously. He was at the center of a crater littered with broken wooden planks and body parts. The ground was painted red from the bloodshed and what lives that could have been in high spirits that day had all been extinguished. Kiri’s eyes wandered along one of the faces and recognized it as the caravan’s leader. It was truly unfortunate, but if anything, he would have to ensure that those who were still able to be saved would be saved.

“Who are you?” asked Kiri, though his body already moved, a surge of his own chakra would spur the ground and animate some of the fallen. Soon enough, four corpses would rise and assault the unknown man who caused this massacre. And another would appear as his chakra formed in upon itself, shaping to a taller man’s silhouette before the light flashed brightly into gold. When the light subsided, there stood a tall and proud warrior with long white hair, fox-like ears, golden yukata, and a tachi.

With the unknown man retaliating, trying to unbound himself from the grappling clutches of the undead, seemingly thrashing about with unsuspectingly dangerous chakra, Kiri could almost discern that the figure had lost all forms of rationality. No answer to his call.

“A rogue?” asked Hogosha as he drew out his blade before glancing about him with a frown.

“Perhaps. At this point, we cannot let it rampage any further,” answered Kiri, to which Hogosha nodded in agreement.

A roar from the figure sent a few of the undead flying from the shockwave. It signaled Hogosha’s advances while Kiri looked back and hoped that Eishi and the remaining survivors would be okay.

Meanwhile, as Eishi would try his best to help the injured, the blue slug Umiseishin would move from one person to another, applying his medical oozing slime to create a healing mixture. The treatment was advance, possessing the secrets of the Slugs of Sakuna’s Forest, Umiseishin would show just why he was among the best. Still, it was inevitable that some cases were too severe, and the sadness could be seen in the slug’s eyes as he would lay a consoling appendage on the dying patient. Only then, would he try to pour out his anesthetic chakra to calm and relieve the person from the immense pain as they would drift to an eternal slumber by fate’s design.

Life and death were part of a medical shinobi’s life. It was always a struggle. A constant struggle, if you will. And for Eishi, he was about to experience just that. The boy whom he was trying to save would suddenly begin to convulse violent. In his hysterics, he flung his hands around, screamed for help, cried at his father, before suddenly coming to a sudden halt. Life quickly escapes him as his eyes loses their shimmer of hope, turning dull and void of spirit. A hand falls limp to the ground and the father agonizes at the loss of his son.

[WC: 521 + 1,941 = 2,462]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I tried to save that boy, I really did. It was a lost cause though. I simply couldn't stop the bleeding and he had already lost so much before I was able to even get to him. It was inevitable and I could only sigh in disappointment before reminding myself that I had no time to freeze up. I did feel plenty of emotions for that boy when I saw him die. Even so, I could only watch as his dad screamed and tried to push me out of the way to get to him. I didn't stop him. I thought it was probably best for both of them if he was the last person the boy saw before passing.

I knew that deep down it wasn't even remotely my fault, but he still died under my care and that stung me deep. I reflected that the pressure of the situation along with my guilt wasn't as bad as the time I lost my arm. At that time I had caused an explosion in the process of saving myself, killing many more. Was this just me feeling a different degree of responsibility for this boy or was this something like a hardening of emotions? I despaired for a moment, hoping it was the former. If it was the latter, I'd most likely have to retire before I even began. I was self-aware enough to pay attention to my mental health. You have already got past my depression once, no need to go back I told myself as I walked away. I had to save others anyway. They were more important right now. I'll do my own mourning later, in private.

I noticed that the slug had been doing work healing the injured as he slithered along. At least there was some real saving grace here. I had no time to look out for Kiri. I could only hope that he was keeping himself busy elsewhere either dealing with the problem or helping other wounded. This hit was pretty insane as far as casualties go. These fuckers wanted to hurt this caravan and they were willing to do it as violently as they could I reflected on that thought as I went to a couple more wounded, bandaging them up and sew them back together or at the very minimum closed up. I couldn't save a lot of them, but I still was able to save some. By the time I got all the critical people I could to stable, It would at least keep them alive long enough for the slug to do its thing.

My butt was on the ground, legs criss-cross as I just slooped over. I was somewhat tired from the ordeal, but I was mentally exhausted. Taking out a small portable gaming console, I began to play a futuristic roleplaying game I had bought a week before. I'd get back to my study later.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The uncanny figure bled at each strike. Hogosha was efficient in dealing with it. There was a moment of true retaliation, but when Kiri joined the fray, launching his shadow tendrils, the unknown entity would be brought to a sudden halt before Hogosha strikes a few more. It was at that moment that Kiri heard a voice from behind. Glancing, he saw one of the survivors, a young man, holding his bleeding side. Immediately, Kiri came to his aid, catching him before he fell to the ground. Applying medical jutsu was instinctive for Kiri, but what surprised him was the man’s choice to struggle and reach out a hand.

“It’s okay. Everything will be okay. We have him at-”

“No… T-taro…” the man said and Kiri was silenced. “My b-brother… stop… everyone is… everyone is …”

There was a howl from the entity as its chakra burst once more before Hogosha’s blade rammed through from behind it. It pierced through the chest, sending a spray of blood into the air, and almost immediately, the chakra dispersed. At that point, Kiri got to see the culprit’s true face. With the malicious chakra fading, what was once a body obscured by chakra, now belonged to a boy no older than Eishi. And the boy was crying as he reached out towards them. Kiri followed his line of sight and it would seem as though the boy was reaching out for the dismembered head of the caravan leader.

“T-taro… your father’s dead… everyone is dead… but it’s not your fault...” said the man again and at once Kiri knew what had happened. Of course. Why couldn’t he have noticed it sooner. This boy was a Jinchuuriki gone out of control. Whatever power that laid dormant in him had suddenly burst and as a young boy, he wasn’t capable of controlling it. But a Jinchuuriki… leaving Kumogakure… as far as he could remember, the registered kinjutsu users were small, and there was none aside from him and a handful. This boy was…

“Were you all trying to leave Kumogakure to keep him outside from the law?” asked Kiri and the man flinched in surprise before looking at Kiri with tears. He couldn’t answer as emotions overwhelmed him, and that was all Kiri needed. There was a severe punishment for Jinchuuriki in Kumogakure. Execution was pretty much the recourse, especially for the undocumented. And perhaps, if the boy had gotten listed, his fate wouldn’t have been this. And yet, this caravan of merchants… perhaps the family didn’t want the boy to grow into a shinobi. Perhaps they wished for him to be free and so they were hoping to leave without no one noticing. “Never mind. You should have known better than to keep it a secret.”

As Hogosha draws out the sword from the impaled child, the boy would fall onto the ground without a sound. The last embers of his chakra would soon die out and the man hurried to the boy’s side, crying, wailing. Hogosha would frown at them though there was also sadness, but he would soon walk away and approach Kiri.

“Is this how it is nowadays?” asked Hogosha with a grim expression.

“For quite some time. So, will you retract your help, now that you know we might end up killing children?” answered Kiri, a tinge of angry tone in his voice. Hogosha knew that the anger was meant towards something else. He knew Kiri well enough not to misunderstand him.

“No. I’ll be selfish in my own ways,” said Hogosha as his presence would vanish, chakra dispersing into thin air.

Soon, Kiri and the remaining survivor would return towards the back of the caravan. Along the way, he could see how the others were being treated by Umiseishin, though there were still quite a few who lifeless along the ground. To a distance, he could see Eishi. For a brief moment, he was concerned that the boy was not alright, but he chose to ignore it. For now, he would have to help the rest of the caravan reach the nearest town.

Gathering the survivors, although deciding to lie that it was a merely rogue shinobi and not their caravan leader’s son who was responsible, he gave them instructions on how to reach the nearest town. It felt a little insensitive and perhaps it asked too much from the traumatized survivors but he made sure that they understood that they cannot stay there forever. They had to move on, physically and mentally. And it was only when they agreed that Kiri would act as their escort down the path.

“Eishi” he would call the boy over, waving him. “We’re going. There’s no use staying here.” Umiseishin, who finished the last bit of healing, earned a pat on the head before Kiri thanked him and he dispersed into a cloud of smoke, a dispersal of chakra in the air. And at that, they would begin the walk down the path. “Let’s go.”

[WC: 2,462 + 833 = 3,295]
[Topic Left Unless Stopped]

Eishi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I took my time getting back up to my feet. My legs were still somewhat stiff and the mob I was fighting, wasn't being very cooperative. I found a place to save my game a minute or so later and shut it off. I didn't say anything as I followed Kiri. I didn't want to think, but I forced myself to remember that I had forgotten something. I went over to the carriage looking for the book that Kiri had given me. It was still expected of me to study and be prepared. When I found the woolly mammoth, I picked it up and crammed it as best I could into my bag haphazardly. It had to weigh around four and a half kilos, I estimated.

Without much more thought, I left to try and catch up with Kiri. I needed to get out of this small bit of hell. I suspected the next time we came back through here, there would be graves for those they had to bury. Not everyone had a family where we were going. Most were here by themselves. It was a sad fate, but this side of the road would become a shallow grave for quite a few people. It made me shudder as I pissed off into the woods after Kiri.
[EXIT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back