Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Darting to Destiny: Playing Mind Games (Req. Kiriyomi)

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The days of classes almost seem like a blur. Shusuke is definitely ready for his graduation that should be coming up any time. The young Yamanaka already mastered the basics to his clan's techniques and has even advanced into his own personal style that allows his Genjutsu to nearly bend reality. The pupilless blue eyes of the blond haired boy starred pass all of the other students in the halls nearly ignoring all of their existences. Stepping out of the building into the back training space, Shusuke stretched his arms up and over his head with a yawn. He was so over all of this. He was clearly better than all of his peers.

Looking over the training yard he took his space to a cleared section and watched his fellow students attempt the most basic of techniques. A spit of flames and a pulse of lightning seemed to be the only thing most of these kids could muster. A grin took to his face. A quick series of handseals and a raised hand caused five spectral blades to float over his head. "Armiger Arsenal: Steelwind Strike." Lowering his hand towards a training dummy the blades began to spin like saws, and launched towards the target. In a couple of seconds each of the blades carved two deep cuts into the wooden structure. Shusuke knew if this technique was aimed at almost any of the students here the school would be down one student. Pulling his hand to the side each of the five blades pierced through the target like a magicians trick, and to finish off the technique Shusuke twisted his hand into a clenched fist causing the impaled swords to shatter like glass causing fragments to spray outwards before dissipating back into the nothingness they were summoned from.

Turning to some of the other students Shusuke raised an eyebrow at them. "You there, what have you been training? Show me."

MFT: 320
@Kiriyomi

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Classes over for the day, Kiriyomi let’s out a sigh of relief. While he generally enjoys studying and gets decent marks, it is the social aspect that Kiri finds to be exhausting. Having to work in groups for projects is the hardest part for him, so he is thankful that the most recent group work has been turned in and he can go back to working independently. Following the rest of the students outside, Kiri decides to head over towards the training field. There are many interesting insects to study, as well as watching the other students practicing jutsu.

One student in particular catches his eye, summoning what appears to be spectral weapons to thoroughly destroy a practice dummy. Kiri’s eyes go wide as he watches, enthralled, wondering what sort of technique this was. As the boy finishes and turns to the other students, challenging them to show off their skills as well, Kiri recognizes that he is a part of the Yamanaka Clan. There’s no mistaking those eyes. Kiri shuffles behind the others who all clamor to show off, muttering to himself “Okāsan always said that showing off is immature. Don’t lower yourself down to their level. Just steer clear and don’t draw attention to yourself.”

Kiri slowly lowers himself to the ground and crawls towards an ant hill, watching as they carry bits of crumbs that have littered the ground back to their colony. A small black ant works it’s way down from his hair to perch on his nose, also watching the procession with interest.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
A nerve was struck. Did this child think he was being sneaky? Shusuke walks through the other students and towards the boy that muttered to himself. He must not have realized Shusuke was training to be information gathering and intelligence. He has even taken jobs with the 4th Hokage to help him focus and specialize his innate abilities.

Standing before the Aburame child, not realizing the connection to insects, Shusuke stepped onto the ant hill before speaking up. "Do you have something to say? If you're gonna throw around insults like that say it with you chest like man." The cocky Yamanaka grins. "Unless you're scared that is." With that he kicked some of the sand up towards the other student before chuckling and walking away. He looked over at the other students trying to demonstrate their skills as well. He could see some potential in his peers but not a lot.

"what's your name kid?"

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Kiriyomi lays in the grass for a moment, letting the dirt fly up into his face without brushing it away. Instead, he takes a deep calming breath and stands up. As he does, carpenter ants begin to crawl out from under his collar and down over his arms. They coalesce on his hands, forming two undulating gauntlets belying his inner rage. Kiri turns to the Yamanaka kid and smiles, a fire sparking deep within his eyes. "I'm Aburame Kiriyomi, and I'm not scared. I just thought it was rather immature to come out here and show off when you clearly have several years of experience over the rest of us, and have had time to hone your skills. So why bother asking to see our skills, when all you are going to do is mock us?"

Kiri can't believe the nerve of this guy. Those poor ants had done nothing wrong, and yet he thought it was okay to just stomp on their home like that? Didn't he realize how much time and work went into building an anthill? It's doubtful that he would like it if someone came along and stomped on his house. People like this needed to be taught to respect nature, but Kiri also knows when to fight and when to stand down. After witnessing the destructive power this boy has, Kiri knows that he would be fighting a losing battle. Therefore, it would be wiser to use his words to try and deescalate the situation. If all else fails, he could always run inside and grab a teacher.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shusuke grinned. This child has spice. This Aburame child has guts. Shusuke’s eyes widened at the sight of the swarm of ants which caused him to audibly laugh. ”Oh that’s new, would you look at that.” His eyebrow raised. Kiri’s eyes would begin to blur. Like sleep caught in his vision. ”What do you think you will be doing with those insects?” The Illusory Cantrip talents of the Yamanaka Clan allowed him to cast illusions as easily as breathing.

The Blur Genjutsu was a simple one. An easy distortion to the visual input that makes all things the target can see to be free of fine details. ”Have you learned the simple styles of Genjutsu? If not I suggest you put them ants back. You won’t be able to do much if you can’t perceive the world around you, Kiriyomi.”

((OoC: sorry for the shorter post))

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Kiriyomi closes his eyes, trying to shake off the blurriness before the boy tells him that it is a Genjutsu. Obviously he knew of these techniques, designed to change one's perception of their senses. But, seeing as he was still a student with little training, he knew that any attempt to dispel the effects would be futile. "It's okay, he's not going to hurt me. You can come back now."

As he speaks, the ants stop writhing around his fists and begin to file back up his arm and under his sleeves. All except for the small one, still perched on his nose, that has turned towards Shusuke. If an ant had a fist to shake, this one certainly would be doing so. It stares him down, almost defiantly, until Kiri reaches a hand up to his nose and nudges the ant back up towards the mess of black hair atop his head. "Not now, Kohara. We're not going to fight, there are ways to settle this peacefully. I appreciate the bravery, but it is not necessary." After the ant begrudgingly scurries into Kiri's hair, he opens his eyes and stares blearily at Shusuke expectantly.

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Akio walked from the halls of the academy with his head hung low. Today was his first day of class and he always found it particularly tough to adapt to new social situations. The boy spent more of his time amongst plants and animals than people, after all. However, it wasn't just the social anxiety and new surroundings that had the young Senju feeling down. He hadn't even learned a single jutsu yet... and on top of that he had to spend an hour after classes in detention. He was so excited this morning when leaving for school, eager and happy to get away from the pressures of life at the clan complex, but as he was led past his fellow students, unable to join them in the fun of their after-school training, Akio couldn't help but shrink as he tried his best to ignore the looks he got from his peers.

Finally the shinobi that was watching over him for detention led the little nature-lover to a small table away from the other students, but still close enough to see them enjoying their time after school. 'Ughh... Did they have to sit me down in front of everybody?' He thought, cringing internally at the unwanted attention his punishment was sure to bring. Despite that, he couldn't help but watch as the other students gathered to show off all the things they'd been learning. Part of him felt relieved that he was separated from all that. He didn't have much to show yet and the idea of being the center of attention amongst his older classmates filled him with an intense sense of childlike self-consciousness.

Two students in particular caught his attention, however. As Shusuke called out his younger peers, egging them on and encouraging them to show off what they'd learned, a young member of the Aburame clan that Akio had never met came up to him with fists formed from a swarming mass of ants. Akio couldn't help but smile, his eyes widening with interest as he watched the scene that was unfolding. He could swear one of the ants was even shaking a fist of his own at the soon-to-be Genin! He was sure he'd imagined it though, and did his best to stifle the instinctual laugh that escaped his lungs, hoping his proctor didn't notice that he was enjoying himself when he was supposed to be stuck in detention. That kind of relationship between man and animal was an awesome sight in young Akio's eyes and that feeling of relief at his punishment was quickly replaced by frustration that he wasn't able to go over and meet his new insect-affined classmate.

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"Pretty confident in that conclusion. How are you so certain I won't hurt you? I've killed stronger for less." While it is true that Shusuke has taken the lives before, it definitely wasn't for less than what Kiriyomi has done. Afterall, Kiriyomi hasn't really done anything to Shusuke, at least not yet. The Yamanaka boy was curious about these bugs though. He wanted to continue to test this boy. As Shusuke spoke a series of illusions would be laced in his words. "Pretty strange technique you have there. Spending time with the only creatures you can find weaker than you?" As the words were heard Shusuke would lace them with the Lethargy Genjutsu, which if successful would start to make the boy tired. Not so much that he would fall asleep where he was standing but to the point where he may think simply being near Shusuke drained him of his energy.

He stepped away a little bit before pausing. "You're interesting, kid." With a snap of his fingers the illusions would break and fully fade away. He turns around with a devilish grin before fading into a cascade of pink flowers dancing in the wind thanks to his Presence Erase. "It would be a damn shame if you were put into your place for stepping up to your Senpai." The words echoed through the training grounds seemingly coming from every direction as all of the students would lose track of where he was.

A chain could be seen leaving Kiriyomi's heart as Shusuke apparated directly behind him leaning in, closely speaking into his ear. "Don't forget. Ninja are trained assassins, and unless you are under the impression that you have the muscle to back up your mouth, keep your head down and don't get disrespectful." If Kiri looked back at Shusuke he would see red eyes where there was once blue. The young Yamanaka was Storm Born, he was not the traditional genjutsuist. The heartbeat of the other student could be felt as a tightening came to his chest as Shusuke utilized his forbidden Chimeiarashi technique. Without more than a single handseal the young Aburame's left femur would shatter without impact as Shusuke stacked his Crippled technique. A grin came to his face. "Now I need you to apologize for your disrespect."

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
As Shusuke began speaking, Kiriyomi suddenly felt very tired and fell to his knees. Where did all of his strength go? Was this another Genjutsu, and how many more does this Yamanaka boy know? He's still a student, same as Kiri, and yet his skills are leagues beyond anything that Kiri is capable of at the moment. With the sound of a snap, his strength returns to him as suddenly as it left. However, Shusuke disappeared and in his place were dancing flower petals, which just served to confuse Kiriyomi even further. He looked at the other students around, who were also searching high and low for any sign of his opponent.

Suddenly, a spectral chain pierced his heart from behind and Kiriyomi gasped in pain. The gap in their skills was becoming painfully obvious, and nobody was stepping forward to help him. As tears began falling down his face, Kiri thinks back to the one technique his mother has shown him. I know that I'm only supposed to use this in an emergency, but if someone doesn't stop him, then he will just continue to bully other children for no reason other than for his own amusement. Maybe if I take the first swing, others will step forward and we can try to take him down together. It's worth a shot, at the very least.

Kiri struggles to his feet, crying out in pain as his leg feels as though it has been shattered. Biting his lip, he turns to stare into Shusuke's red eyes. Lifting a hand to point at the other boy's chest, he screams out, "Are we really just going to stand by and let this happen?! We are training to be honorable Shinobi, and this boy is simply using his skills to torture us for no reason! Help me! Someone!" As he finishes, panting and out of breath, Kohara crawls down from Kiri's hair and taps him on the forehead with a single leg. Kiriyomi sighs and nods, flicking his head up and sending Kohara flying towards Shusuke. In midair, the ant reveals its wings and dives straight for Shusuke's throat. Kiri quickly brings his hands together to complete the handseals for the only Genjutsu he knows, Tourniquet. He might be outmatched, but there was no way that he was going down without a fight.

Last edited:

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Akio was undoubtedly antsy, but did his best to abide by the punishment that he was doled out by the village's Medical Sennin. After a few moments the proctor assigned to watch over him seemed to get a message on the headset that subtly extended from his right ear. He quickly turned to the young Senju and said, "I have to attend to something, but I'll be back in a moment. I'm expecting you to be on your best behavior Akio." The boy responded with his usual warm smile. "Of course sensei. You don't have to worry about me. I might've wandered off into the woods, but I promise I'm not a troublemaker." Akio replied. His intention was fully genuine, but the young shinobi-to-be was certainly not able to anticipate what would come next, nor how he'd react to it.

The boy's soft greens scanned back over to his classmates as he began to wait for the man's return, but those eyes went wide as he watched in horror at the way the situation escalated. Within seconds the young Yamanaka had disappeared in a cloud of petals, appeared behind Kiriyomi, and had inserted some kind of glowing chain into him. 'Thats... that's horrible!' The Senju child thought, his mouth hanging agape. And as the young Aburame boy had sunk to his feet, Akio had already leapt onto his own and started dashing towards the scene. "What the heck is going on here!? We're supposed to be on the same team, not hurting each other!" Akio exclaimed as he approached the site of the conflict. Even the unnerving red color of Shusuke's eyes didn't prevent him from saying, "What's wrong with you?"

Akio's eyebrows were furrowed into the shape of a 'U', his little fists clenched, and his mouth downturned into a very childlike frown. He stepped between the two, pointing that frustrated expression straight at the Yamanaka clansman as he said, "When I first saw you and how you were trying to get everyone to show what they could do, I thought you were trying to get the most out of everybody here. Or that you were trying being a good role model and encourage us to have some confidence. But this is wrong! You're one of the oldest and most trained students here... I thought I could look up to you!" Akio's face never wavered from that brave expression, but it was clear to see that the young boy's eyes started to well with the beginnings of tears as he stared up at Shusuke with a look that conveyed both his anger and his feelings of betrayal.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Akio began to scream and shout at Shusuke the small ant lunges forward and landed a blow to the Yamanaka’s throat causing a spray of blood to clash against the Senju child. It would see that the tables have turned in the Aburame’s favor, that is until a clapping could be heard not more than a few yards away. If the two boys were to look over at the source of the clapping they would see young Shusuke sitting at a bench with a smile on his face. Where he once stood was the fading illusion of the Clone Genjutsu that Shusuke had used. Kiriyomi would feel the effects of all of the Genjutsu fade as well.

”I must say! The use of the Tourniquet Genjutsu in sync with a slashing bite of that flying bug really caught me off guard! Well done! Who knew there was another Illusionist in this Academy.” His soft pupilless blue eyes looked to Senju Akio. ”And it appears we have a true Shinobi of Konohagakure who holds the Will of Fire within. Daring to step up to someone who clearly could out perform you is a very brave thing to do. I think the two of you have promise.” his eyes move away to the rest of the students who for the most part backed away. ”The rest of you are trash and will be lucky to be on a Genin squad for the rest of your life.”

Slowly rising to his the boy would take a few steps forward and raise his hand. A soft green glow would take to it as he activated his Mystic Hand Medical Ninjutsu. ”If I may?” If allowed he would place his hand on Kiriyomi’s shoulder. Though there were no actual injuries obtained, the placebo effect of the calming healing jutsu could be what was needed to help the student calm his nerves.

”Never back down from anyone, kid.” He pauses before his bounce between the two. ”My name is Yamanaka Shusuke.”

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
As Akio rushes forward to confront Shusuke, Kiriyomi is slightly taken aback. He hadn't actually expected anyone to answer his cry for help, and in return the boy got splattered with blood. Kiri started to limp towards Shusuke, hoping to stop the bleeding, when the illusion began to fade away and he heard clapping coming from over his shoulder. Kiri rubs at his chest and leg as the pains fade away, and he scowls at the supposedly real Shusuke as he approaches. Holding out a hand, Kohara lands and turns to glare at the boy as well.

When he is within arm's reach and tries to touch Kiriyomi's shoulder, Kiri will side step and move slightly behind Akio. "I didn't want to fight you, but I couldn't just let you bully these poor students. How dare you call them trash when you are no better, attacking a junior like this when you should be supporting us and helping us to reach new heights. After the tricks you pulled, do you truly expect me to trust you? I'd just as soon go see the school nurse than let you put another hand on me."

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Akio's hands went to wipe the spray of illusory blood from his face, trying his best to hide that he was doing the same with his tears. And as the young Senju looked down at his red-slick hands, he was shocked to see the 'blood' that covered them seemed to dissolve into nothingness. "W-what?" He squeaked, having not experienced the feeling of Genjutsu being used on him prior to this moment. The series of claps that came from a nearby bench caught him equally off-guard. He listened to Shusuke as he chastised the rest of his class and introduced himself. However, the young boy was still so shell-shocked and shaken at the combination of the clever trick his senior had pulled and the adrenaline that was still coursing through his veins that he took a moment to react.

He then looked over to make sure that Kiriyomi was alright starting to say, "Are you oka-" When, much to Akio's surprise, the boy took a slight step behind him and spoke up. "I didn't want to fight you, but I couldn't just let you bully these poor students. How dare you call them trash when you are no better, attacking a junior like this when you should be supporting us and helping us to reach new heights. After the tricks you pulled, do you truly expect me to trust you? I'd just as soon go see the school nurse than let you put another hand on me." Akio nodded as Kiriyomi stood up for his fellow classmates, and he couldn't blame him for holding some resentment. The young Aburame was brave and after all, had just experienced the trauma of that moment first-hand. But the truth of the Yamanaka's motives suddenly dawned on the young Senju. 'He was trying to motivate us all along...' There was even a part of him that brimmed with pride when he thought about the words that Shusuke spoke and how they so closely matched those his grandfather used to say so often.'The Will of Fire...'

Akio looked over to his formic-friended fellow classmate and whispered, "I think that was what he was doin'." His eyes then returned to meet Shusuke's pupil-less gaze. "Even if that was a mean way to do it." Putting on his characteristic smile, Akio stepped forward and nodded to Shusuke as he introduced himself in return. "I'm Akio." However, rather than linger on the attention of his senior classmate, the young Senju quickly turned and stuck out a hand to Kiriyomi and asked, "What's your name?" By now the shakes that coursed through him had quieted and he stood before the kindred spirit with a bright smile on his face, having fully forgotten that he just ditched detention and should probably be heading back where he belonged.

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shusuke raises his hand up and the energy dissipated. ”Tricks? You mean that same kind of power you used against me?” Shusuke chuckled softly at the ignorant insect master. He watched as the boy hid behind the other. ”You must be extremely new to the world of ninja. We are assassins. We are soldiers. We are tools. Kindness is not going to strengthen your resolve to be able to take the life of an enemy as they spew forth about their family still living in enemy lands.” He let out a sigh some. ”Maybe you’re too soft to be an effective Shinobi. What a waste of potential if that turns out to be true.” He takes a few steps away and looks at the bystanders. ”And if you don’t like the way I talk to our peers then maybe they should learn to step up and be a ninja. My job isn’t to teach you or to inspire you. My job is to graduate and increase my strength to reach my fullest potential.” His looked back at the Senju Akio and the Aburame child. ”If you two were smart you’d find out your weaknesses quick and make a team that can cover those weaknesses. As you’ve seen an independent Shinobi is nothing in the face of a superior threat, but a well balanced team can mean coming home that night.”

His mind began to wander. Shishiwakamaru was his friend. He was smarter than Shusuke and had a level head to fully understand the situation around him as well as being an aspiring medic. Haniki was tough and strong, but her mind was extremely knowledgeable especially in topics Shusuke didn’t care to study like Ninjutsu. She had the strength needed to make sure any threats were kept at a distance. And it was Shusuke’s job to keep the team grounded in reality and scout ahead with his keen senses and Yamanaka prowess. They were a well balanced team.

He hoped these kids could find a squad like his…

… otherwise they my not survive to make it a year after graduation.

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Kiriyomi's mouth dropped open as he listened to Shusuke explain what he thought a ninja was supposed to be, but he just couldn't believe that was true. Kindness is, in fact, a strength and he was bound and determined to prove that was true. As for the tricks he had used, that was in self defense! He never would have attacked anyone unprovoked, and still didn't quite understand why Shusuke resorted to actions such as that. If, as Akio said, he was trying to encourage the others, he could have done so more gently. Hopefully he will be rid of the Yamanaka soon and wouldn't have to deal with him anymore once he graduated. As Kiri's thoughts and emotions swirl around in his head, Kohara stops glaring at Shusuke and turns to Akio. Wings fluttering, he flies up to eye level and nods to the boy, before landing back atop Kiri's head.

"I'm sorry, but I just can't believe any of that is true. Ninja aren't just assassins anymore! They protect one another, that's why the villages were built. Sure, there are a few bad eggs out there, but as far as I can tell most of the villages just keep to themselves and don't have any bad blood between them. If you choose to be a tool, that is your decision. I choose to make friends along the way, and work together to make the lives of everyone in the village better."

Turning back to Akio, he shakes the boy's hand and smiles softly at him. "I'm Aburame Kiriyomi, it's nice to meet you. Thank you for coming to my rescue there, I was honestly afraid that I was done for. I have never seen Genjutsu like that before, I really think this guy is bad news. Perhaps we should leave him to his practice and judgement, and just steer clear of him in the future?"

Mizushima Kita

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
A bob of blue-ish white hair very casually approaches Shusuke from behind, dressed in her more casual blue yukata. Watching the disturbance among the younger students as she walks up, Haniki places a gentle hand on her teammate's shoulder. "What are you on about, Shusuke?" She asks with a sigh, only catching the tail end of how all ninja are assassins, soldiers, etc. A very morbid and toxic way of thinking in her opinion.

Haniki smiles and nods to the other two students in from of them, genuine kindness in her expression.

Senju Akio

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
Akio listened intently, a more stern look reappearing on his face as Shusuke explained the more dire implications of life as a shinobi. "We are assassins. We are soldiers. We are tools. Kindness is not going to strengthen your resolve to be able to take the life of an enemy as they spew forth about their family still living in enemy lands... My job isn’t to teach you or to inspire you. My job is to graduate and increase my strength to reach my fullest potential." There was a cold cynicism to the beliefs that Shusuke spoke, even if they belied the true intent to impart a necessary lesson for survival. However, these sentiments weren't new to young Akio.

He'd heard those words before, echoed by his rigid father. 'Shinobi are warriors, spies, assassins, and most of all we exist to serve the village... With our lives if it comes to it.' The words Akio's dad told him echoed in his mind, bringing a disdainful look to the young Senju's face. While Akio didn't agree that kindness couldn't strengthen resolve, or that the elder and more powerful among the shinobi of the village had no responsibility to help those younger and more inexperienced than them, he knew that Shusuke was right about one thing: part of training as a ninja was about reaching your full potential. And if you didn't live long enough to see that happen... Well, that was just part of the cycle of life and death that surrounded the profession they'd all been born into. After all, it wasn't so different than the natural flow of things that existed for every type of living thing. 'Animals, plants, and shinobi too... We don't control the circumstances we live in. We've gotta survive in the forests or the deserts or the mountains or even the ninja villages that we're born into... And in the end, we only survive if we find a way to grow... a way to satisfy the things we truly need.' The thought was one that Akio had pondered more often than any ten-year-old should have to in the days leading up to his entry to the academy.

But that stern look of contemplation was wiped from Akio's face once more and he smiled as Kohara flew up to him, childlike laughter spilling out as the cute little guy nodded to him at eye-level. Maybe he wasn't imagining it when he thought he saw a little ant raising a fist of defiance after all. Shortly thereafter, Kiriyomi raised his own metaphorical fist as he responded to his Yamanaka classmate. "I'm sorry, but I just can't believe any of that is true. Ninja aren't just assassins anymore! They protect one another, that's why the villages were built. Sure, there are a few bad eggs out there, but as far as I can tell most of the villages just keep to themselves and don't have any bad blood between them. If you choose to be a tool, that is your decision. I choose to make friends along the way, and work together to make the lives of everyone in the village better." The Aburame's admirable words gave Akio something to think about, and in his heart he truly hoped that his fellow nature-lover was right.

When Kiriyomi turned to greet Akio, clasping his hand and thanking him for his unexpected intervention, it was made clear that Akio definitely wasn't used to this kind of positive attention, at least from anybody but Grandpa Itsuki. He went a bit red and reached a hand behind his head, bashfully scratching the back of his sandy blonde hair as he smiled and replied, "Good to meetcha Kiriyomi. And you don't gotta thank me. I just did what I thought was right. You needed help, and I was just a few seconds away. Plus, I think you were spot on with what you said: Ninjas protect one another." His own words made him think about what Shusuke said too. "And to tell ya the truth... I think maybe Shusuke was trying to protect us too, in his own way." Akio added, and while he had no way of knowing the Yamanaka's true intentions, he chose to see the best in him. After all, he had learned from his grandfather's words as well. 'When you choose to see the good in others, you end up finding the good within yourself.'

Finally, as Haniki walked up, Akio's contemplation was once again broken by a smile that spread infectiously across his face. He'd seen a look like the young kunoichi was wearing many times before, typically coming from his mother when his father was being too harsh or severe when Akio was a child. "What are you on about, Shusuke?" She asked. Her words were kind, her expression soft, but there was a scolding note to the way she asked her teammate that question that the young Senju found keenly familiar. Akio simply grinned back at the volt-touched kunoichi as she gave he and Kiriyomi a kindhearted nod, his expression saying 'Thanks~' even if his actual voice did not. And Akio leaned over and nudged Kiriyomi, raising his eyebrows and flashing a toothy grin as he leaned towards him and whispered quietly, "This is gonna be fun to see."

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Turning to look at Haniki Shusuke gave her a shitting eating grin, one she was probably very familiar with. "Oh nothing, just helping the new students realize what they are signing up for. We are about done with this place and I want to make sure the generation that comes up after us don't think it's full of rainbows and butterflies. The seem to think it's our job to hold their hand and skip along the path of being a Shinobi."

His eyes dart back towards Kiriyomi. "How do you think we protect each other? If an enemy comes at our doorstep you have to be willing to take their life to protect the citizens that live here. Hell I have already taken three lives and here in a few days I am planning on taking a fourth so that the innocent of this village will be none the wiser about the threats constantly on their borders. If the idea of someone in your own village safely pushing your limits upsets you, then maybe you aren't cut out for this line of work. Drop out and go open a restaurant. That is a necessity this village needs that allows you to be happy and healthy without worrying about hurting anyone." Shusuke chuckled to himself some.

Looking back at Haniki he continued. "ready for Graduation?

Mizushima Kita

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
D
As Shusuke turns with that stupid grin on his face Haniki immediately rolls her eyes. “You do realize that a class is not equivalent to a generation, right?” She points out half heartedly.

Haniki listens and waits as Shusuke speaks to the others. “Yes, being a Shinobi is violent in nature.” She agrees. “But there’s a difference in protecting people and seeking it out. Don’t be so quick and eager to flaunt your body count Shusuke, it’s not as big a flex as you think it is.”

Kiriyomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
As Shusuke chastises Kiriyomi about being too soft, and explaining how he had killed before, a wave of fear washes over him. Raising a hand to his chest and rubbing at the spot where the chain had pierced through him, Kiri's mind flashes to his parents. How sad they would be if he died, either here on the training grounds or in defense of the village. Tears start streaming down his cheeks, and he collapses to his knees. Kohara turns and flies down to land on Kiri's shoulder, patting his neck with one leg comfortingly. This just causes Kiri to sob even harder, covering his face with his hands, trying to just disappear. All he had wanted to do was study the anthill he had found, and now he was part of a debacle that had the whole class looking at him. He never wanted to grab the attention of the other students, preferring the company of his insects and occasionally that of his family.

The second thought that passes through Kiriyomi's mind is how horrible it felt when he thought he had killed Shusuke. Illusion or not, this image haunted him. How could he, a child, be expected to be okay with killing people in the name of the village? Surely there had to be other options, like subduing anyone that dared to attack the village and turning them over to the authorities. Why did it have to come down to violence?

Last edited:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back