Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Deception [Class]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shin was the type of man to mitigate the capricious events that clutter his schedule. The one thing he enjoyed with his freedom was either teaching or learning. Today was an opportunity to give a lesson to a young student. Normally, Shin would have an open forum available for all students, but this particular student required a different approach. It was only a few days since Shin was reviewing the prospective graduates at the academy. He was interested when he heard about the mysterious Hashashin clan from Tensai's background. There was few backlog information in restricted archives but Shin recalled hearing his father's experience with the clan. Apparently, the clan was known for their extensive philosophical background as well as their innate chakra abilities. Ever since Makoro revealing Takama's alleged reasons for marrying Shin's mother it was highly likely that that what ever Takama knew about the Hashashin was true.

Presently, Shin was relaxing under a tree in the calm meadow of Seki District. His eyes were occupied by parchment scribbled in his father's special ink designed only to be read by injecting a succinct level of chakra. The contents of the parchment was about chaka manipulation and some prominent clans like the Hashashin. The sun was burning brightly over the clouds creating a white glare on Shin's glasses.

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
29455d5.jpg
The Seki District wasn't a place that the youth enjoyed venturing to. The few blocks which the Musai community occupied carried an entirely different atmosphere, one he felt was less stifling. Not in the sense of being overcrowded, but rather the dense negativity which he could feel emanating from individuals who felt their materials gave them value to varying degrees. The presence of the upper-class was something he found to be unsettling even during his youngest days, with reasons he could only speculate upon due to the fact he was still understanding himself. Then again, weren't most youth?

He had applied for classes at the academy on the very day he turned thirteen, when he was able to receive the blessings of his mother and clansmen to do so. However; days passed until days turned into weeks and still there hadn't been any response. He knew that the establishment was something quite intricate and in-depth, even if he himself didn't know all the details. That piece of information which he held onto allowed for the longevity of his patience, and figured he would be addressed whenever the people in charge were capable of doing so.

When he was finally notified that his presence was requested for his first lesson, the boy was quite excited and let his imagination run wild. Thoughts of what his teacher would be like went from everything to old men, all the way to perhaps a kind and voluptuous woman whom he might develop a crush on. More interesting than that, he wondered about he material. Oh yes, more than any primal attraction to another human being was the youth's attraction to information. He wondered what sort of things he would be taught, and whether or not the lesson would be physical or mental in its orientation. His thoughts would be quieted as he neared the location, and he'd stop a few feet away, seeing only what appeared to be a bespectacled young man.

The glare from the sun reflecting off the glasses caused the boy to raise a hand to shield himself from the overwhelming luminescence. He would approach with subtle steps and stop a little ways off before letting himself be known. "Excuse me, my name is Hashashin Tensai. I was to meet an instructor here today for my first lesson, would that happen to be you, sir?" His voice was soft as usual, and he maintained his ever-present somewhat-bored expression with half-lidded eyes. His irises at that moment were a deep shade of crimson, almost muddled. He grinned a little and awaited a response. Little did he know, that this was the Raikage he was dealing with. Tensai himself had never seen the man in his short life, nor any images of the man.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eventually, the young boy volantly approached Shin pressing his hand toward the sun to protect himself from the caustic sun. Under the shade Shin could see the boy's countenance a and a remarkable to see the young boy bearing a striking resemblance to Shin when he was a young lad. Shin could see the same flowing gray hair on the boy's head and austere demeanor. There was a joyful expression on Shin's face however hidden by the elevated collar that masked him. Shin tilted his head toward the boy revealing his tinted glasses. The boy began to introduce himself addressing his reasons for meeting Shin. It was interesting to note the lack unfamiliarity that the boy had for Shin. Shin was the kage for some time now it was hard to believe that Tensai had never seen Shin's face. It was a disappointing fact that a personal man like appeared to be so distant from the village.

"Indeed and good afternoon, Tensai-san. It is a pleasure to meet you. Would like to sit next to me? It is a bit hot today." Shin said as he began to put away his reading material. "To introduce myself my name is Hayata Shin. Before we begin today's lecture why don't you tell me more about yourself."

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
While the physical countenance of the man before him was something foreign and unknown, the name was not. For a moment, the boy seemed stunned with surprise. His expression was almost blank, save for the minor parting of lips and raised brow. Quickly he would clear his throat and give his elder a traditional bow. He wanted to ask 'Hayata Shin, the Raikage?' but refrained from making such foolish statements, since as far as he knew only one person in all of Lightning Country carried that name. His lips curled into a soft grin, feeling quite excited that he would be learning under the Raikage himself, a man who without a doubt knew many things.

"It's an honor to meet you, sir." He would nod in acceptance of the offered seat, and thus make his way over to sit beside a man who's name would forever go down in history as one of a rare ilk, the Raikages. As he sat next to the man, he couldn't help but feel a sense of joy wash over himself but it wouldn't spill over into his actions or expressions. Naturally, he was quite reserved and even in his most excited moments could appear less than enthusiastic. However; those with a sharp eye could get a good feel based on his subtle expression. Something that would no doubt be easy for such a man to discern.

He opened his mouth to speak, but his voice crackled a bit before he cleared his throat again. "I-I'm not quite sure what about me there is to say." He was unused to talking about himself, and in truth his mind was usually all over the world except for on himself. "I've turned thirteen a couple of months ago, which based on the tradition of the Musai community within this village gave me the option of joining the academy. Not many of our people take this road, since many of us don't seem to like the burdens associated with Shinobi life. More often than not, my people are pretty peaceful and generous, spending their time helping each other and those who need it...I'm sure you know, but the Musai community pretty much has its own little economy in which they share many things and don't value wealth or things of that nature."

It was much easier for him to talk about himself through indirect means, such as referencing his clan and things of that nature. "My father was a Shinobi, but I don't know very much about him or what exactly he did during his time as one. He was almost never around, and when I was still young he had gone on a mission but never returned." His words began to lower in volume, for now he was unearthing thoughts that he had buried in his youth and pretended not to care about. The vibrant excitement that might have seeped through his earlier expression was now gone, and his irises had subtly shifted to a deep shade of sapphire. Tensai himself was never aware of the changes in his eye color, he knew they happened but couldn't actually feel when they did.

Clearing his throat again, he'd continue. "I hope to one day put the knowledge I learn from my ancestors and everyone else to good use, and perhaps one day help to make the world a better place. I know that there is a lot of suffering all over the world, and I feel that only through acquisition of the right knowledge and strength that I'll be able to do anything about it. For that purpose, I want to seek the truth of this world...To understand our purpose for life, and why the world works as it does..." He would shift his gaze towards the legendary figure, with a slight frown on his face. "I guess that's a little silly, isn't it?"

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the boy spoke the stout expression began to disappear, he was more calm and comfortable, yet it felt like there was still hiding something. The boy discussed about the nature of his clan and how they have influenced his life. Apparently, the clan were a docile group who were not interested in the military. It was not much to correlate this to what was known about the Hashashin as philosophers. The only anomaly was the way Tensai addressed his clan as the Musai. Who were the Musai? Perhaps Hashashin was the name from his father and if so how much influence did the Hashashin clan have in Tensai's life?

Shin noticed that Tensai's eyes shifted in color when he began to talk about his father. It was a interesting observation considering such changes were attributed to a swift ribble of chakra in the brain, not necessarily a doujutsu. "Most curious" Shin thought. The only valid reaction the raikage could give. Tensai cleared his throat as he resumed presenting his aspiration to Shin. The boy felt ashamed for his reasons as he gave a slight frown.

"On the contrary, it is an honorable journey, a journey that I continue to follow. Let me give you some advice that my father passed on to me. A man must accept the evil in his heart if he is expected to destroy it, that is a shinobi must be a tool of self-sacrifice if he hopes to do anything. The sun rises and falls, its purpose never changes so should a shinobi. Does this make sense to you."

Shin paused for a moment to leave Tensai to his thoughts. "Now, today's lesson is on deception. I will throw your mind into a deep illusion where you will attest to the situatio that surrounds. When you enter this illusion you will not remember this conversation or even me. All you will have is your normal thought process and experience. I will be analyzing you from the shadows. If you allow me and when you are ready. Be warned that what you will experience will be difficult."

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
From what he knew about many Shinobi and the reputation they had as a whole, he had expected the Raikage to call him naive or something like that. However; hearing that the leader of Kumogakure not only thought it was a worthwhile pursuit but sought the same thing wasn't foreseen. His expression would lighten instantly as he looked up to Shin, paying close attention to the advice given by the veteran's father. The young man hung onto every word, letting each brand itself within the depths of his psyche, into the subconscious. Even if after the illusion he wouldn't be able to remember or recall it, the meaning would find a place to nestle itself in dormancy.

When the man was finished, Tensai nodded. "Yeah, I think I got it...That a man must be willing to not only seek out the faults of the world around him, but those within himself also. In order to be able to do any good for this world, I will have to make many sacrifices of myself...Give up a lot of things and be willing to put things aside for a greater good. That...There will be ups and downs, like the rise and fall of the sun...That we'll have to stay true to our purpose even when it seems hopeless, the same way that even when the sun has left our sight, we know it will come again to light up the world as it should. At least...That's what I get from just now, I'll need to think over it more probably..." He felt unsatisfied with his response, always over-analyzing, and wanting to know the right thing. It bothered him that he wasn't sure whether or not he had grasped the concept.

He continued to roll the words around in his head and try to view it from as many perspectives as he could, but before he could try and refine his ideology the Raikage spoke. He was propositioned to partake in an exercise about deception, with conditionals he hadn't even considered to be possible. The thought of having his memory wiped was momentarily unsettling, but he was in the hands of a man trusted with the safety of countless lives on a daily basis. If he were to graduate and earn his emblem, this was the man who's hands he would be placing his very existence in. "Alright, but before you do that-" He started, and rose to his feet. While thinking about how to respond to the offer, he thought about what he could say or do that he might not want to remember...A thought perhaps that he would never admit to himself.

He brushed his robes off carefully before looking directly into the eyes of his instructor. "Since you'll wipe my memory, I figured I could say something I've never said to anyone without having to live with the regret of knowing I let it be heard by another." His voice began to crack as nervousness welled up inside his heart. "You said that we follow the same journey, and well...If that's true, then one day I want to become Raikage...So that I can not only strengthen and protect Cloud like you and past Kages have, but through that, also help the rest of the world...To put an end to as much pointless conflict as possible." By now his cheeks were burning red, but he kept a straight face. "Alright, now I'm ready, sir."

[It wouldn't have made sense for me to put this in the RP since Tensai couldn't possibly know Shin's thoughts, but if Shin goes into further knowledge about the Hashashin here's a little of the information he'll find useful. The Hashashin are but a single family within the Musai, which are his people. They aren't all related, but come from the same cultural background that migrated to Kumogakure long ago. The Hashashin happened to be one of the most prominent with the Musai community, corresponding to everything else Shin already knows about them. In a sense, it could easily be said that the Hashashin name managed to overshadow the majority of the Musai community due to the way they excelled within the clan's philosophies and took it to another level. Tensai's father was an ANBU, which I didn't really think was something he'd be telling his family or anyone else. Everything still stands though, that he went on a high class mission and simply never returned. This batch of knowledge I feel would be appropriate for Shin to uncover in the future at some time if he finds reason to dig deeper. At which point, you have my approval to RP Shin as knowing such.]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tensai struggled to comprehend the proverb adding and removing bits and pieces to his leisure. In the end of the day Shin only spoke words it was only when experience them that these words will ever have any merit.

"Indeed. For the most part what you have stated is correct." Shin said with a slight nod. The boy brushed himself off as he cast the rough green turf from his body. He paused for a moment before contemplating on what was to happen next. His voice began to crack as nervousness welled up inside his heart. "You said that we follow the same journey, and well...If that's true, then one day I want to become Raikage...So that I can not only strengthen and protect Cloud like you and past Kages have, but through that, also help the rest of the world...To put an end to as much pointless conflict as possible." By now his cheeks were burning red, but he kept a straight face. "Alright, now I'm ready, sir."

"If you seek to be a great leader ensure that you remain a great servant, but let time be the judge." Shin said as his gray peered out of his glasses. A few moments later, Shin lifted his hand toward his face as he quietly took off his tinted glasses. As his hands removed away from his face his countenance became serious, Shin's soft gray eyes was replaced by hard red swirls like black ink swirling in deep blood. The density around them began to shift feeling lighter and the strong smell of sea salt seem to empower the air. Suddenly a rush of water poured out from the sky eventually flooding the meadow. Shin's body began to turn transparent disappearing like the wind. All that was left was a submerged Tensai deep in the water and a floating object on the surface.

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The final words spoken by his private tutor for the evening were powerful, and for some reason helped him link together all the bits of his understand with the previous proverb. He understood, but understanding and doing were two completely different things. Time would indeed be the judge of who he was, and the struggles he would endure in the future would test his worth. The most prominent question that arose, as all information made way for more questions, was what was it that he would truly serve in the future? What would he serve that could bring his ambitious words to life?

As Shin removed his glasses Tensai would look the man in the eyes, they gray optics then began to warp. It was mesmerizing to the boy, having never seen a Sharingan in person. His consciousness would began to slip into the black and red vortex, fading the world around him and what he knew of it in recent moments. At that moment, Tensai's eyes transformed in a similar manner as if trying to imitate his elder. It was vague and sloppy looking, black and red smearing into each other before the boy's eyes closed. It was clearly not a Sharingan, and there wouldn't be any feeling of intense Chakra emanating from the source. No, it was simply a curious anomaly with apparently no purpose whatsoever. One that he himself could never see, and would now surely never remember.

2khmpe.jpg
His clothing loose clothing began to float, as if gravity itself had decided to release the youth from its unfurling touch. His equilibrium was thrown off, and the world felt as if it was being turned upside down. He couldn't recall where he was, or how he had gotten there. The taste of salt weighed heavily on his tongue, and then suddenly a rush of liquid began to enter his lungs while burning his nostrils and sinuses. His eyes would burst open suddenly, only to be burned by seawater and force him to close the again before peering through squinting lids. The wires around his forearms were unfurling, and passed what appeared to be his floating keffiyeh, he could see a floating object. He'd begin to writhe and twist as his body demanded oxygen, but he managed to focus and start quickly making his way to the surface for air.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When Tensai lifted his head out of the water the shock of warm air moved him. The sun was beating high in the sky and no clouds were to be found. At his right he could see the small object become a small boat floating toward him. On top of the boat was a man covered in his burly hair reaching out toward him with a wooden oar pointing at him. "Αν παραμείνουν στο νερό για μεγάλο χρονικό διάστημα πνιγμός θα είναι το μικρότερο από τα προβλήματά σας." The man shouted a language possibly unknown to Tensai. Regardless, it would appear that the man wanted to help him. As the young boy entered the boat he was introduced to bags of krill and fish that gave a sharp pungent smell. The man meander toward the corner of the boat and reach out for an array of rags. He threw one in Tensai's direction before retrieving his oar. Moments later boat began to move as the man rowed toward the north side of the sea. The scene was quite except the staccato sounds of insects fluttering in the wind or the brief wind that passed by.

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Upon breaking surface he would gasp for air, struggling to stay afloat but even in this disturbed state he kept a few fingers wrapped around his cords instinctively. The warmth against his face as water rolled down his features wasn't usual, not for being in Kumogakure at least. The sky was clear, and while the sun beat down unimpeded the boy's eyes darted about looking for something...Anything. Much to his luck, he'd look in the direction of the floating object he had seen from below, now made obvious to have been a boat. He could see a man extending an oar, speaking an unintelligible language...Though, it sounded familiar.

Grabbing onto the oar and pulling himself aboard with the man's help, the raw smell of freshly caught seafood was more welcome than the unknown depths of the salty sea. He was slumped over right where he had come aboard, still breathing quite heavily after spitting up excess water. The tossed rag slapped against his shoulder gently after it was tossed, and Tensai would pull it off and start to wipe his face. "...Thank you." He'd finally say, looking towards the man and unsure if his words would even be understood. From his position, he'd keep an eye on his savior using his peripherals while staring at the vast body of water, and the insects that fluttered about.

Now that his life was no longer in immediate danger, his main goal was figuring out his situation. How in the world did he end up in this predicament? The last thing he remembered was...Well, he wasn't sure. Perhaps his mind was still cooling down from the minor panic, but the ocean breeze would slowly remedy that...

[How far back is Tenai's memory able to go, if at all? Is he completely amnesiac?]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man did not pay much attention to the boy's appreciation instead he was more focused moving the boat. The boat was silent once more until they began to reach what appeared to be an island. Tensai could see the sandy shoreline tattered with a disarray of boulders from various sizes. There was very few vegetation mostly crumpled near the water where a few turtles resting in the shade. Given what could be seen, it was hard to believe that any human could live here. The boat made an abrupt stop as it hit the rocky gravel that covered the surface. The man jumped out began to lunge the bags of krill on the ends of a long pole. He dipped his shoulder underneath the pole as he walked across the beach. His feet were rather soiled and bruised feeling little irritation as he moved through the rough terrain. There was an open fire at the back with a kettle brimming with steam and besides the kettle were two wooden forks approximately five feet in height and three feet apart. He rested the pole against the forks as he took a seat on the ground. He glanced back at the boy in the boat if he is going to sit there or help him start lunch.

"αλλοδαποί.." The man muttered to himself. He was hoping that the boy was some spare mechanical parts but all he got was a worthless child.

[Your memory is anything before you met Shin. The main point is that Tensai does not know this is an illusion]

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He didn't mind being on the boat. The smell wasn't the most pleasant thing in the world and the bugs that whizzed by in attraction to the stench could be dealt without also. In the end though, it wasn't as if the food was rotten and most of the insects simply seemed to be passing by. The feeling of the boat rocking to the flow of the sea while pressing onward had a calming effect, and in general Tensai was the sort of person to be calmed quite easily and rarely ever surprised by much. His memory was starting to become clear again, and the process of rationalization had already started.

Before ending up at sea, the last thing he remembered was walking through the Seki District. He had been excited about finally being accepted into the academy, and the curiosities that came with wondering about what sort of teacher he'd have. It wasn't really adding up. He couldn't remember being hit over the head or knocked out, but if such a thing had happened would he have remembered it any way? It still seemed unlikely when one considered that the Seki District was one of the more upscale locations within the village...Such an act committed in broad daylight would surely have had countless witnesses. He had been trying to figure out what kind of lesson would be in store when-

Suddenly the boat came to an abrupt halt, shifting the contents of the little boat which included himself. He would look towards the island, soaking in the scenery and trying to assess his whereabouts. When the strange man hopped out and began to carry things out of the boat, Tensai's natural initiative kicked in and he would begin to pick up and carry whatever he could also. He'd hop out of the boat and start marching behind the man, weighed down by his heavily soaked robes, which the sun hadn't managed to dry out during their trip.

As they neared the man's camp, Tensai found the excessively large utensils to be entirely perplexing in nature, forcing a quizzical expression. The pause he had taken to do that seemed to offset his elder, as he heard the intelligible muttering and frowned to himself. This was going to be a problem. He was now able to recall hearing the dialect, or something similar to it somewhere but the fact of the matter was he knew no other languages besides the common tongue. Without communication, he wouldn't be able to ask any questions or really answer any for that matter. With the dilemma looming overheard, he would set down the bags of fish he had lifted while the other moved the krill.

He would remove his cultural robes, and toss them flat onto the sand nearby in hopes they'd begin to dry. Underneath all that, he had rather simple tan colored pants and a sleeveless shirt of the same tone. Without the massive robes covering him, a number of things would now be revealed to the naked eye. The wires wrapped around his forearms had been rewound while upon the boat, and the bladed tips glistened in the sun's light as they dangled from his forearms. Around his waist were a couple small belt pouches, the contents of which were surely Shinobi tools he had been gathering in preparation for his new life. After all, he hadn't expected to show up to class without knowing a single thing or being prepared at all...That would have been out of his character.
295a0et.jpg
He made his way towards the sacks of fish, plopping down between them and sitting cross-legged before rummaging through one of his pouches. He would pull out a blank scroll, now quite soggy and soaked but laid it out before him. He'd reach into a bag carefully, looking at the man to make sure that it was alright for him to do so. If there weren't any sudden moves or interruptions, Tensai would begin gutting and cleaning them one by one using one of his weapon's bladed tips, laying the entrails out onto the clean but damp scroll. He often helped his mother with the cooking at home, and was no stranger to chores such as these. The man had saved his life, and it was apparent that a meal was in the works. It only seemed fair that he would start returning the favor with these small acts, all the while running over the information in his head over and over again...Retracing his steps, retracing his thoughts. It still seemed that he was simply ripped away from one place to the next without warning or cause...Perplexing indeed.

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The boy was not stationary for very long following the man's actions by delivering the rest of the goods to the island. Clearly, the weight of the bags was taxing to the boy's body as he brought the rest of the food in several trips. Once the food was all there, he did not hesitate to start trimming and cleaning the fish for supper. The small pouch that lunged on his side open up and revealed assorted knifes and equipment. While the boy worked on the fish it gave the man a few minutes to examine the boy. The formal garment and the exotic equipment showcased that the boy was from some clan or perhaps one of these hidden shinobi villages the man has heard about. The question still remained as to where this boy came from and how he did get here. The man did not really care at this point and perhaps the boy could be of some use to him. They were both stuck on this island there was no reason to not have some aid.

Eventually, the fish were finally cleaned the sand dotted with white scales that glimmered in the sunlight. The man fingered toward a stack of racks resting besides a palm tree at the far right. Hopefully, the boy would understand what he was expected to do next. In a few minutes, the fish was cooking under the fire popping periodically as the smell of cooking oil warmed the cool air. The two remained in silence; the boy was at the right of the fire and the the man at the left. The man was busy carving on a wooden stick making the one of the ends as sharp as possible. He looked up at the boy. "Name... Okakura" The man said as he thrust his thumb to his chest then pointed to the boy" "You..."

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He had barely finished gutting and cleaning the fish before he was propositioned for yet another menial task, albeit one he intended to do any way. Frowning slightly, Tensai's eyes would shift over towards the wooden stakes stacked atop one another. He would take his time bringing over the stakes and piercing them each through a few fish. While they were stranded on some unknown island, it became apparent that they'd be eating well at the very least.

The sound of the tides coupled with the popping flames and gentle winds were soothing, and as he did what he could with the stakes provided he returned his thoughts to solving his current predicament. As far as he was concerned, nothing happened by complete accident. There were always a particular chain of events that would lead from one thing to the next, even if all those within the event or situation were completely ignorant of the causes. "I was walking through Seki District, on my way to meet my new teacher. I was getting close to the meeting point, and that's when everything goes blank for me...It's possible that this was some kind of setup, and instead of a teacher I was taken away by someone. It...Doesn't make any sense though, I can't think of any reason someone would want to do that though. It's not like I've got much money, and even then...It would be easier to just kill me and dump me somewhere than to bring me all the way out here."

By the time that particular train of thought was concluded he was already carefully placing each stake within the flames, enough to roast the fish without burning away at the wood too quickly. Once the last one was set down, he was across from the man again after washing his hands in the nearby water...With his eyes staring off into the distance. A few ideas about what might have happened to him started sprouting up and about withing his psyche, but some of them seemed so far-fetched while others were missing vital points. That's when the elder's voice broke through and drew his attention. He'd blink for a moment, then grin slightly. Apparently the man knew a little of the common tongue.

Tensai would nod to show he understood, and then pointed his thumb towards himself in a similar manner. "Name, Tensai." He looked around, and opened his arms as if referring to the entire scene. "Okakura...Where is...This?" He would finish by pointing to the sand. Did he just complicate the conversation more than his only companion at the moment could handle? The only way he'd know for sure is having just asked the question that he did.

[MFT]
[WC: 449]​

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man watched as the young boy nimbly hoisted the fish onto the stakes resting them upon the large wooden forks. The fish began to sear and burn emitting a strange but luring smell of ammonia. There was silence for a while as the two watch the fire crackle and bounce around the burning carcass. The boy interrupted the silence by responding to the man's question. He addressed himself as Tensai and inquired where they were. It was a surprising question considering even the man did not know where he was. It was so long since he last looked at a map. He was a humble fisherman at the docks of Port Cirrus for years until he was enlisted into the private military during the civil war. Okakura was happy to help his country but overtime it began to change him realizing the war was more of a political game than a war for justice. All that matter right now was finding his son.

"απόδραση...island must survive." The man said somberly. He looked up the sky and noticed that clouds were beginning to form. The wind began to feel salty as drops of water from the sky sprinkled onto the ground -- a storm was brewing.

"Find shelter...follow." The man said as he began to rise from his feet. He walked over the left side of the area and pulled out a what looked an ivory green composite bow and a bag of quivers. He slid the large pouch over his shoulder as he signaled. The boy to follow him.

The two walked through the dense forest. The palette of the environment was completely green lacking any different color. The ferns, bushes and branches of trees began to loop as water started to skid across the vegetation. A swarm of mosquitoes began to pop out flowing through the air. Occasionally, a family of monkeys were seen swinging about the trees. At the fair right there was an open area where a large river laid illustrating a faint green color from the submerged vegetation at the floor. Several pelicans snapped at the water attempted to snatched the fish that swam up the surface.

The two were getting close to their destination before the man stopped before tilting his toward his side. In only moments his hands were occupied by his bow drawing in front of Tensai. An arrow thrust out toward the boy nearly hitting him striking an object that was seemly perched at the boy's shoulder. The object was pinned at a tree and if Tensai were to look closer he would have noticed the object was a tropical color snake which spanned nearly 4 feet. The snake slowly expired as its blood slowly poured out of its body painting the rough brown bark of the tree.

....​

The danger began to subside as reach an open cavern. The rain was began to pour profusely as the two began to hear the heavy thuds of water pound the ground. When the entered the cave they were introduced to pitch darkness only presenting the small light that came from the entrance. It was not much of a struggle for the man as he navigated through the cave before stopping. From the darkness, Tensai could hear the sound of rock rubbing against metal before seeing sparks flicker into the air. Tensai would notice the man using the sparks to start a fire as the sparks began bouncing around dry wood on the ground. Eventually, a large light could be seen at the far back of the cave.

"Forest dangerous place, Tensai." The man said in the light. "Train...tomorrow."

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The answer he received wasn't the most surprising, considering that in the end Tensai couldn't have expected much more. Exhaling softly, he'd look towards the clouded skies along with the elder. One droplet of rain from another fell gently, rolling over the sides of the boy's face. He'd help the man with gathering whatever was needed, and then proceed to follow deeper into the island. While following, Tensai took note of the man's bow and arrows.

Traveling the forest wasn't too complex for the Hashashin boy, managing to balance on a rock or something skillfully before jumping a little forward in order to catch up to his guide. Even as light seemed to dwindle, a vibrant green aura swallowed them whole. Having picked up his robes before their departure, Tensai felt more thankful for them now more than ever as he was shielded from the mosquito swarms. What little of his face wasn't covered would be fanned by the boy's right arm in a timely fashion to keep the bloodsuckers at bay.

He'd see everything from baboons to pelicans and even bio-luminescent vegetation upon the river's floor. The island truly had much more to offer than one would have assumed it to on their first arrival. He came to a stop when the footsteps of his guide had fallen in silence, looking upward to see his savior now aiming at his head. Tensai would curse silently under his breath as he prepared to launch a full scale attack, however; he noticed something was off. The old man's eyes weren't looking directly at Tensai himself, but passed him. The arrow was let loose, and instinctively the boy would rock out of the way.

Twisting upon his heels he would see the colorful snake pinned against a nearby tree. His expression was solemn, lips curving into a somber frown for a moment. He'd look towards his elder whom continued walking, and the back towards the would-be predator. Tensai reached out and stroked the top of the serpent's head once lightly with his thumb, before jogging after his unkempt tour guide. It wouldn't be long before they reached the safety of a dark cavern, and by listening closely he managed to follow while maintaining a safe distance. He would then see the sparks, and eventually the flames. He didn't have anything to say, and merely nodded in response to the words of his only companion. He wondered to himself...If his Granduncle was alright.

[MFT - WC: 409]​

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eventually the day reached the evening. The sound of the croaking frogs and the squawking birds had become dormant enough to hear only the crackling firewood. The old man and Tensai remained silent as they watched the fire burn. The old man was occupied by his current activity -- shaving and edging a piece of carved wood.

....​

In time it was the next morning. The vibrant light of the sun entered deep into the cavern. The giant fire from the other night was smothered into a dark ash. The man was standing out at the entrance with his back facing inward. He turned toward Tenasi and spoke hoping that boy was not still asleep.

"Tensai...now time to train. Teach fundamentals. Jogging.." The man said.

[Welcome Back ^_^]

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The silence wouldn't be interrupted by Tensai in the least. The sounds made by the old man's sharpening of a makeshift spear and the flickering flames reigned in dominance within the cave. He was on the opposite side as the old man, but quite a bit away from the fire itself. He didn't quite need the warmth, and he wasn't feeling much in the way of needing illumination either. His back was pressed against the wall while one leg was outstretched and the other's knee pulled up to his chest. Beneath this long sleeves, he rolled the blades of his unique weaponry between his fingers back and forth. The man seemed decent enough, but trusting someone easily wasn't something Tensai did easily. He was prepared to fight, even in the absolute dead of the night if he had to.
---​

He hadn't gotten much sleep at all, merely closing his eyes and resting for a few moments before opening them again to check on his companion. By the time the sun had entered the cave, he finally began to feel a little more at ease and managed to get at least ten or fifteen minutes of actual consecutive sleep. The scent of burnt ash kept his slumber light, but just as he began to grow truly comfortable the old man's voice would cause his eyes to open partially. He'd groan for a moment, but then sigh and lazily rise to his feet. He'd amble over to the old man's side while looking out into the dense foliage.

Tensai would nod in agreement to the old man's words in regards to what would be done for the rest of the day. He didn't want to get his clothes snagged too much, considering the terrain, so he had a remedy for that. He would simply wear the robes half-way, tying the top part around his waist after putting his hat at his side. With the way it was all tied together, he was quite fully covered from the waist down and wearing the same sleeveless top from the day before. Wrapped around his forearms still, and more visibly now, were the red wires...The blades however; seemed hidden. As he finished tying the sleeves around his waist, he would look to the old man and prepare to begin whenever he was signaled to do so.

[MFT: WC - 390]

[ Thanks. :) ]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eventually, the two embarked on their journey first walking across the luscious green terrain and stopping near several fruit palm trees. Each of the trees bore a different type of fruit; the tallest tree at the far left was filled with coconuts and the medium size fruits were filled with bananas. The man released a quiver from the rugged bag behind his back as he began to string an arrow against his composite bow. Just as the day before, the arrow flew in the air like the whipping speed of a snake's bite. It struck the branches of the tallest tree with enough force to drop a couple of coconuts on the ground. He calmly walked over picked two coconuts from the ground. He took out a concealed knife and struck the hard callus of firm fruit as a small stream viscous white liquid poured out. He threw one of them toward Tensai and took a drank for himself before

"Hit banana...μπανάνα" The man said as he pointed to the tree. The rising sun gave a sharp light that reflected against the towering fruit making it difficult to see. Hopefully, the young shinobi in training could hit a blinding target. Once the boy completed his task they continue to jog through the forest. Frequently, they would see jumping elks bouncing through the forest stopping periodically to scavenge the area. Eventually, their bounce began to escalate or rather it felt like that was the case. In actuality, the two were traveling higher in altitude. The sun felt as if it were descending to the earth. It was a glorious sight to see in its magnificent orange glory as it shined through the deep blue sky. Indeed, the early morning was a blessing sight to see. As they rose in altitude the ground began to shift in shape becoming more rugged than smooth. The appearance of boulders and rocks littered the area and the air became dense. They spent most of their time ascending the mountainous range for nearly a half hour. As they entered the peek it was a glorious sight to see. The two could see ripples of snow caressing the mountainous terrain. The temperature did not seem to bother the man exhaling and inhaling rhythmically as cool air and warm air moved in and out of his mouth.

...​

Their jogging activity went on for a while until the middle of the afternoon where they decided to do a little hunting for the day's meal. This routine went on for a couple of days slowly changing from endurance training to projectile training. Eventually, Tensai became an intermediate archer being able to strike targets from a distance. There was a day in which he was to hunt alone to test his abilities while the man gathered some clean wood and water. Unfortunately, Tensai was not aware that there were others on this island when he was introduced to mysterious masked men. They were were wearing distinct yellow masks very similar to the masks worn by ANBU except these masks were quite plain. They did not speak but quickly rushed to attack him.

[Lets speed this up shall we: These men are equivalent to B rank shinobi so you are expected to get captured so rp accordingly]

Hashashin Tensai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[I'm sorry, and while it's been my fault I feel as though this thread has been going on so long. My mind just isn't in the same place anymore, and I feel that to force out material would only serve to give you less than worthwhile quality to read. I'm going to go ahead and forfeit this class for now, and we'll make it up sometime in the future.]

The illusion would continue, and while it felt as though days and perhaps a week or two may have even passed by, in reality it had been but a few moments. While he had gone out to gather the wood and water, something strange would happen to turn the tide of the evening drastically. He had climbed atop one of the many trees for a short break, and gazed out at the island, as much of it as he could. He soaked in the beautiful scenery, but disaster would strike from within. He felt a sharp pain in his chest, as though a needle had just punctured his lung and heart. The cardiovascular organ began to seize up, tightening fiercely and sending wave after wave of intense pain through his body. The world around him began to become wavy, like a mirage in the heat. Everything began to spin, but the pain wouldn't stop. Suddenly, he would fall from the tree into what seemed to be a bottomless pit. He gripped his chest as if trying to grab hold of his own heart, and suddenly everything went black before blinding light hit his face again. He was where he had been, in the Seki District...But he was now on his hands and knees and the pain he felt, it was very real and not going anywhere. He tried to speak, but instead only managed to cough up blood onto the grass. He was having some sort of heart complication, the intense physical pain of which pulled him forcefully out of his superiors illusory world. As he tried to stand he would fall forward again. Nearby, a quite regular medic on his day off happened to witness the boy's situation and quickly ran over. He acknowledged his Raikage, and quickly offered to take the boy to the hospital. When all was said and done, the two would be gone.

[Topic Left if accepted. I figured the pain of his illness doing all that would equal the necessary % of damage one would likely need to endure to be jolted out of the illusion. If you oppose to this, let me know and I'll revise.]​

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back