Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Deliberation: Sennin Games

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
He would take a seat at the head of the war room, a location that hosted his first-ever large-scale meeting as the Kazekage. It was definitely one that he would have liked to forget but would never be able to do so. He hoped that round would be much calmer, but he wasn't entirely sure if that would be the case. He knew of all of those who were going to be present, but he wasn't entirely sure how their personalities would interplay with one another. This could easily be a pressure cooker situation.

"Alright, let's get down to it. Our esteemed representatives of the Toraono clan, who oversaw the collection of the entry submissions, have compiled a document detailing all the submissions. They have changed participant names to a number designation. We will be going through the submission, reviewing them, and making any determinations of if individuals should be cut."

In one corner of the room were the heads of the commercial district within the village:
Chairman (Banking Director) - Akihiko
Vice Chairman (Trade Director) - Dai
Construction Director - Gou
Transport & Distribution Director - Hansuke
Entertainment Director - Hekima
8VC6ysS.png

In another corner were the representatives of The Orders:
Rangers Leader - Katsumi
Rangers Rep - Hinoko
Oracles Leader - "Oiwa"
Oracles Rep - "Ebisu"
Journeymen Leader - Satoshi
Journeyman Rep - Kaeru
LKT6RTa.png

Lastly, there was the corner consisting of those representing the Branches:
Main Branch - Tomoe
Chief of Suna Police Force (Main Branch) - Souta
ANBU - "Tenken"
Medical Branch - Kaori
o4MECGY.png

While not actually seated in a corner like the other factions, the supporting cast for the Kazekage was the following:
Kazekage - Raizo
Steward - Seat left open for Sousuke
Kazekage's Attendant - Yukina
Director of the Kazekage Tower - Itsuke
sqCPd8v.png

"People of this selection committee, may I unofficially start the Sennin Games! Welcome to the Preliminary - Elimination Round! Would anyone like to submit a candidate for discussion?"

Last edited:

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
There would be murmuring as the representatives from the Toraono Clan would make their way to the middle of the room. Along the way, they would hand a packet of papers to each faction.
zZ4XY1p.jpg

"Kazekage Raizo, esteemed members of the village, we are pleased to announce that there were 36 applications filed, 34 of which are valid, 2 of which are invalid. Those that were invalid were so for the following reasons; one is of an outsider, a foreign under an alias. The second, a mere prank, one which would not please the Kazekage."

This would cause more chattering and murmuring from the gathered parties. But it would subside as the Kazekage would call forth from them to discuss any of the candidates.

o4MECGY.png

"The Branch Leaders would like to advocate for the participation of all candidates who entered from the Main Branch, ANBU Branch, and Medical Branch. Those who applied and fall outside of the borders of the village, while we hold no ill will towards them, would rather see them enter into the village proper and potentially try again in the future." Tomoe of the Main Branch, a woman clad in armor with red hair, would say.

"We want to reward our members for their efforts and accolades already earned within this village, prioritizing that." the purple-eyed Kaori would say, Chief of the Medical Branch.

"The assumption is members of ANBU have entered this contest, I cannot speak on that. I stand with my fellow Branch Leaders in their reasoning for support." the masked Tenken would say from behind his metallic mask, the current head of the ANBU.

"We, all Branch Leaders, would like to highlight two in particular; Shinku Kaen and Sunaku Harupia. Harupia holds the distinction of being one of the more experienced applicants and Kaen's prowess on the battlefield, especially the incident at the gate on the night in which the Swarm attacked our village, makes him an outstanding candidate. Additionally, for their tenure of service, we also would like to highlight the following...[names would be said that would appear later, right now, even if you knew their name what would you do with that information, reader?]

LKT6RTa.png

"The Orders support all members of our Orders who are in the candidate pool, which would indeed include individuals who fall outside of the support of the Branch Leaders. We do not mean to cause any discourse, merely show solidarity with our members in this event. While some have not officially joined the village, it does not mean they are incapable of helping the village." Katsumi of the Rangers would be the one to speak on behalf of the other two Orders, as Oiwa remained stoic and silent behind her mask while Satoshi looked like he was about to fall asleep.

"We, however, have an issue with the Main Branch supporting the following; Moriko, [name currently no important], Roku, Suzaku, Kanmuri, [name also not currently important, and Sora. These names are of those listed as Genin rank and one who...guessed... their rank. We have trouble believing that young and inexperienced individuals like this should be measured with much more experience counterparts. We recommend that they are merely considered for promotion within their Branch and not for Sennin position." Katsumi would finish saying as the Orders would yield the floor.

o4MECGY.png

"We politely disagree; from your list Sora has contributed, along with Uziuke, who while not mentioned deserves to be spoken of for the same accolade, to high regard to some technological breakthroughs for this village. Sora was part of a mission that retrieved valuable information from Terminus. Moriko was part of a mission along with the Kazekage that retrieved a strange, but informative sample from the desert and the Kazekage had written very highly of them and their peers in the mission briefing." Tomoe would interject.

8VC6ysS.png

"My... Mother... Suna... you people are a bore." These words would escape behind the frustrated face of the bespectacled Chairman of the Commerce Directors, Akihiko.

"Bring in all the little fighters and worker bees, sure, sure... but this event needs to be a spectacle. The Kazekage stated himself that this event was to showcase what this village had to offer. Sousuke and previous Kage's shied away from something the Daimyo did well, even in light of him being our antagonizer; packaging and selling superheros. This village is a company and your number one product are your little shinobi... but if they are all just boring dependable tools, who cares? Bunch of nameless weapons that carry an everyman, or woman, charm... bore-ing!"

He would then raise up some additional sheets of paper that seemed to not come from his packet.

"No matter who you ultimately pick, Kazekage Raizo, the priority of this even should be to showcase and excite... these two names that were removed, we say let them play. Miroku Akkuma and the foreigner Silent, we could easily build up drama and promotion around both. Whether they ultimately win or lose, who cares--"

zZ4XY1p.jpg

The Toraono Clanswomen would tense up as they all turned their attention to Akihiko.

"How did you come upon those applications?!"

8VC6ysS.png

"Money, honey. And selling the compelling storyline of "monster invades the games" or "foreign shinobi from the mountains comes to subjugate Suna under another nation's rule"... I mean these are things to really work the crowd up into a frenzy. We get the opportunity to, in an event that there shouldn't necessarily be any, create 'villains'. People love to hate on a villain. The young ones, we can sell on their promise or their low chances, betting markets could have a little fun with that angle. And there is the elephant in the event; the Sunahoshi child. We must... and I cannot stress this enough... MUST, program a storyline around him. Maybe manufacture some sort of tension or feud betweeen him and that Akkuma guy, a clash of the good of Suna vs the evil scourge lurking in the darkness... the village's young hope vs the dark shadow of parasitic demon we can't seem to shake!"

He would pause for a moment and take a deep breath.

"Ultimately, the Commerce Directors support storylines first and foremost, and then secondly we support those who we can market as the "Heroes of Suna". This new round of Sennin needs name recognition that will extend outside of these village walls, figures people in Soons Haven can talk about as tall tales, gods among the magical fighting monkies this village churns out. The old Sennin, no offense, outside of Toraono Kuro just did not have any charisma or marketability. Sazuki had promise, but that Roku guy... angry loner, bleh. Moving past that, we had ex-kages, future-kages, an Ancient Lord... those things that you could build a story around, a franchise around. We need to fill the void the previous Daimyo and his Sovereign have left with our Kazekage and his Sennin. So, don't dismiss anyone. Let them all compete, let the storylines build themselves, and then watch the crowd get worked into a rabid state... then we sell those storylines out into the rest of Wind Country, we make our games, our participants, and the future finalist our superheroes of this country!"

There would be murmuring and chattering, and a palpable tension would now settle within the room as eyes, whether directly or covertly, would be glaring at the now smug-looking Akihiko and his fellow Commerce Directors.

sqCPd8v.png

"Lady Yukina, you should encourage Lord Raizo to be cautious in both disregarding the words of the Commerce Directors and also willfully letting them set the tone on this matter. If the Akkuma entry is true, and not some prank, why would he allow him to participate? Why would he okay the outsider from another village to participate? These two things alone will make a mockery of the games."

This opinion would be offered by the long-time Kage Tower director, Itsuke.

Much to think about, what would the Kazekage have to say...

[ooc]: this was both meant to be more spread out in several posts and also have happened sooner... so apologies, as we burn through this at a much more, expedited pace to get to the next part so you all can start playing!

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
He would listen to the different levels of support, but as the Branches and Orders were discussing, he had already thought within his mind of allowing the 34 participants the Toraono had deemed acceptable to be the final participant list. Was there a possibility to cut down the competitors right now? Sure, but within his mind, he was more curious to see them all, give them all a platform to shine for a moment, then just cast aside potential for sake of seniority or certainty. Luck had to play a factor in all of this, it would be foolish to not believe luck didn't matter.

"The young Gennin of this village, the ones some of you think are inexperienced, are hiding some tremendous abilities. I have seen first hand the potential they hold, and I believe whole heartedly that some of them are already primed to be disruptors to the status quo. I appreciate all of your thoughts--"

He would be cut off by Akihiko who would begin his rantings. Whether by fate, luck, or sheer dumb fortune, the utterance of the name "Akkuma" would cause him to tunnel his vision and thoughts singularly onto the man. His face would not necessarily show emotion, his eyes for those perceptive enough would.

Would Akkuma be dumb enough to enter this contest knowing full well he was banished from the village? No, that is dumb... of course he would be that dumb and arrogant.

While Akihiko would continue on about his storylines and mention a name that would normally catch his attention, he would motion for one of the women of the Toraono to come forward.

"Please give me the sheets on the two you dismissed."

Upon getting them he would take a moment to look over them.

Geez, Silent, you actually entered the contest!? These Cloud shinobi... what a wild bunch. To think you would hide behind a mask and refuse to speak, only to choose one of the most standoutish things you could possibly do. Does she actually wish to join our ranks if she happened to get selected or is that just a cover to follow through on her true objective... Legatus, my ancestral Father, this village will have my head on a pike if she were to get selected.

His eyes would then turn to the sheet submitted with the name Akkuma upon it.

I was going to eventually offer him a Sennin position had he accepted my request... then the jackass had to act like a child. Now he wants to join our ranks? Do I view this as a taunt to me? Do I take this at face value? Do I take it from a two-faced value, where he is just seeking power and using us still to further his own little schemes?

His mind would continue to race over the different thoughts and emotions, he would miss the utterance of multiple 'Sunahoshi' within Akihiko continued monologue. Instead, and unbeknownst to him, his chakra would begin to seep out of his body and give off a faintly visible aura. His chakra was attuned with fire but carried a holy presence, so when not barring his fangs the aura would come off as warm but not harsh. As such, and since he was not fully focused on his outburst, the floor around him would begin to show signs of warping and cracking. The tips of the sheet containing Akkuma's information would begin to blacken as if they were starting to burn.

"Very well, Akihiko, I can acquiesce to your considerations. We will move forward with--"

His eyes would glance back to glare, his first angry gesture shown in public since his confrontation with Akkuma, at Itsuke. While the tower director meant to whisper his pleads to Yukina, he would overhear them. There would not be any words, just a scowl.

"--with ALL 36 participants. Send an Oracle messenger to them all to deliver the invitation to the next stage; 'The Participant Dinner'. Accept Akkuma, and give his message to one of the Miroku, not Uziuke, still within the village. I am sure that snake will get the calling that way just as well. If this was a prank or some sort of bluff to be called, we will move ahead with 35 competitors. If Akkuma happens to be dumb enough to show up, then we will proceed with things under my supervision."

He would smirk, but it wouldn't be his normal smile. There was something darker festering just under the surface.

"Dismissed, unless anyone else has anything further to state. I will see you all at the Participant Dinner."

Yukina would march across the room, dragging Ituske with her.

"Nice going..." she would say sarcastically as the two of them would stand at the exit to the war room. Their job would be to politely dismiss and take back the papers from the leaving parties.

MFT - 760

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Eyes from across the room would look at the Kazekage in different gazes upon hearing his words. There would be those who would look on in annoyance, those that looked on pleased, those that looked on in disbelief, those that looked on in outrage, but the ones that would have been the most alarming but seemingly didn't get noticed... would be those that looked at him with bloodlust.

8VC6ysS.png

"My goodness, there is profit to be made with such a progressive-minded Kage in charge nowadays. This village has been in desperate need of some new blood, right fellas?" Akihiko would say loudly before turning to his peers from the Commerce faction. His brother, a very similarly dressed and groomed individual to Akihiko, would nod and smile. The remaining directors would remain tight-lipped. Without much more elaboration they would get up and begin to make their way to exit the room.

"Lady Yukina, should you ever find yourself in the Commercial District, you will need to reach out to myself and my brother for a lovely evening." Akihiko would say with a smug grin on his face. And with that, the Commerce Directors would leave the room.

o4MECGY.png

"This is out--" the policeman, Chief of the Suna Police Force, Souta would say before getting cut off by Tomoe. "Enough, you were invited to serve as a representative. Not a voice."

Souta's face, after a momentary pause, would readjust accordingly. "Apologies."

"Souta, I will send a squad of my corpsmen to your department to make preparations for the arrival of some of these guests. We can work jointly to ensure things go calmly." the metallic reverberating voice of Tenken would say.

"He is a bit goofy, that Kazekage of ours, huh? I wonder if he has started thinking about the future, of a family... of a..." Kaori would pause for a moment as she would blush, deciding not to finish her thoughts out loud but internally.

The Branch Leaders and SPF Chief would venture past Yukina and Itsuke and exit the room, with only Souta stopping to momentarily share a conversation with Itsuke before departing.

LKT6RTa.png

"The guy is either brave, dumb, confident, or arrogant..." Satoshi would lazily say.

"Akkuma or the Kazekage?" the frog-headed Kaeru would ask.

"It's been decided, there is no point in dwelling any further" Katsumi of the rangers would say before glancing at his female rep, Hinoku, who still seemed to be staring off at the Kage. Could she be holding a similar fantasy within her mind as Kaori?

"Let's depart." Oiwa would say as Ebisu would chime in with a cheerful, "Well that was fun!"

The Orders would make their way past the two sentries, Itsuke and Yukina, stationed at the door. Katsumi and Kaeru would talk to Itsuke for a moment, while Ebisu would pause, turning his masked face to Yukina.

"You look like you got a lot on you mind, Lady Yu~! If you ever wanted someone to take a moment to write down all those thoughts, you should stop by the Library and ask for Ebisu... I'm a messenger of great fortune~"

Even without being able to see his eyes, would be noticeable that at the closing of his remarks, he would have been winking at Yukina. With that, the Orders would depart.

sqCPd8v.png

While Yukina and Ituske would gather up the papers they have received to bring back to Raizo, Yukina would notice a strange folded piece of paper subtly sticking out of the stack she had received. The type of paper was different than what was used for the participant sheets and it was handwritten. What it said, if she read it would be the following:

Yukina. Kazekage life in danger. Come to outskirts of Golden Crystal District TONIGHT. Come alone. Too many ears and eyes.

Ituski would be unaware of the note Yukina had, but what would Yukina do and would she clue him into the note once she did, if she did, notice it?

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
After everyone had left, the only ones remaining would be the clan members of the Toraono, Yukina, Itsuke, and himself. Letting out a big sigh he would find himself slouching in his chair.

"Well, it went better than the first one of these types of meetings... but I still feel like it could have gone better."

He would pause for a moment before turning his attention to Itsuke.

"Itsuke, let me apologize for showing some hostility towards you. You were merely trying to offer some advice, but the whole Akkuma thing really twists up my emotions. It was unbecoming of me, as the leader of this village, to show such a face to you in this setting and under the circumstances. I hope you accept this apology."

With that, he would pull himself up out of his seat and turn his attention to the women of the Toraono clan.

"While I know full well that you are all the fiercest of warriors, thanks to your clan, I would find myself feeling like a real jerk if I didn't offer to escort you back to the dojo. I need to thank Goro anyways and invite him to the upcoming Participant Dinner."

He would then turn his attention to Yukina.

"Yu, need anything from me before I head out?"

Yukina would start making her way back to Raizo after the last person had exited the room. On the way to him, as he started to sigh and reflect on the event, she would notice an odd sheet of paper sticking out of his pile. It was a different type of paper and was folded. She would pluck it from the pile and place it on top, opening it to see the handwritten message. She would read it and pause for a moment as Raizo would start his apology to Itsuke.

Danger? Who could have left it? It would have been someone that exited on my side, leaving them close enough to me to sneak in the note. Possibly one of the individuals who attempted to talk to me, using that as cover to slide in the note. Or, would it be that those wanting to reach me would have taken advantage of the distraction of the others talking to me....

She would glance up as Raizo was now walking past her.

"Huh? Oh, no, I am fine. I will take these up to your office and call it a night..." she would say as her voice was trail off.

He would pause for a moment, looking at Yukina.

"Yu... everything okay?"

Clutching the note, balling it up into her fist she would return her attention to Raizo as now a gentle smile would be upon her face.

"I am fine, I think I will actually take a little stroll tonight. It has been a while since I did any shopping for myself. Need me to grab anything while I am out?"

"Oh, turning it back around on me... OH! On your way back, grab me some of those tasty chocolates I love in the Silver District!"

With that, he would give a wave to his pink-haired attendant and follow the Toraono out of the room.

"Will do."

She would then turn her attention to Itsuke.

"You can return to your post, I will take the papers off your hands and drop them off at the Kage's office."

OOC: Raizo has left the thread, NPC Yukina remains.

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The director of the tower would pause for a moment, before providing a calming and polite smile to the Kazekage.

"It was my mistake to speak out of turn during such an impactful conversation. Thank you for the apology, Kazekage-sama."

He would then wait to allow the Kazekage and Yukina to finish their exchange. She would then ask for his stack of papers and provided a dismissal.

"Lady Yukina, you appear to be off... are you feeling sick? Maybe I should handle the papers and you take the rest of the day off?"

His eyes would remain on the woman as he would try to better understand what was going on with her.

mbjz3SN.png

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Dammit, Itsuke, take the damn hint and just leave... well, I could palm the paper and let him take the rest of the stack. What if he notices? Would he grow suspicious of my taking a paper out of my stack? Of course, he would, I know I would....

"No, it is totally fine. Like I told Lord Raizo, I think I am just needing a little fresh air and downtime in the commercial district. I have some items left at Raizo's office, so I am already going to be heading that way. I am sure this event has taken you away from your duties overseeing the tower, so I refuse to burden you any further."

With that, the stern woman would motion for Itsuke to pass her the papers, before providing a friendly wink. She has been working on trying not to be so serious lately.

EqietRo.png

Sand Council

Sand Event NPC
Yen
ASP
Deaths
There would be a prolonged pause, as Itsuke was clearly still trying to process not only the words but the action of the woman. Eventually, he would relent.

"Of course, Lady Yukina. Objectively, I suppose this is more of your role within relations to the Kazekage... I was merely trying to be helpful, especially when you appeared to be out of sorts."

With that, he would pass over his stack of papers and dismiss himself from the room, but not before pausing once more and scanning over Yukina.
mbjz3SN.png

[Itsuke has left this thread, no more Event or Council NPCs remain]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
She would smile at Itsuke relenting finally and handing over the papers. She would remain with a pleasant smile until he had finally left the room, which if her mind hadn't been preoccupied she might have questioned why it was taking him as long as it was, instead she merely fixated on him finally leaving. Letting out a sigh she would take the note and place it at the top of the stack of papers and begin to think once more.

Akihiko or Ebisu... it has to be one of those two. They were the only ones directly to talk to me, so it would make sense that they did that with intentionality and under the guise of being flirtatious. Very well, I will see where this goes...

She would now begin to make her own exit, to eventually drop the papers off at the Kazekage's office before finally departing the tower herself.

...if this was some prank to try and lure me into a date, well... I will kill them in the streets like the dog they are. However, if this is a real warning of a threat against Raizo, I cannot hesitate.

She would dismiss bringing it up to Raizo, he surely had his focus and mind elsewhere as well, especially with the mentioning of Akkuma. She would do her diligence, not just for her role in the village but for her greater purpose bestowed upon her by her Konungr, Ryuzaki Oga; she would protect Raizo at all costs.

[NPC Yukina has left]
[Topic Concluded]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back