Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Demonic Ancestry

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Demonic Ancestry
DemonicHeritage.jpg

Those with Demonic Ancestry have a demon or other 'Dark' force influence them in some way - perhaps by being directly descended from a demonic ancestor, or having traded their life for power, or having been corrupted by some cursed artifact. Regardless of source, they generally look the same as normal human beings, albeit, with slightly altered features that make them seem 'off'...That is, until they draw upon their dark attunement and display forbidden strength.

Demonic Aura - Passive (3 points)
Restriction- C Rank and up
A person in touch with their dark side is completely surrounded by a pervading feel of evil that inspires fear in even the strongest of shinobi. Though this gives them the power to make their enemies cower before them, the aura of doom does make it hard to win the trust of others.
Effect: At the start of each round, the user checks their Genjutsu DC vs the Genjutsu Save of all individuals in battle. Succeeding this roll grants the user Alignment Advantage over the target (normally +10% Damage dealt to, -10% damage taken by), including against Holy targets. This automatically affects Clones/Creations, does not stack against targets the user would have advantage against anyways, and does not apply to those with the Fearless ability or other similar effect. Lasts for the duration of the round.

Third Eye - Ability Modification(2 points)
Restriction- C Rank and up, requires Sixth Sense
By unlocking the mortal restraints on their mind, the demonic shinobi can gain use of the third eye, the super sense beyond all senses.
Effect: Failing an Awareness check grants a single Re-Roll with a +1 bonus in the user's favor. This does not stack with similar effects, and requires a ten second cooldown before it may activate again.

Dreadforce - Passive (2 points)
The very chakra of these demonic shinobi is tainted with darkness and eats at the wills of those around them. A forsaken shinobi have no trouble using this to their advantage to evoke hallucinations and other nightmarish visions to those in their presence.
Effect: The user's Genjutsu are considered Cursed and may target individuals the user is unaware of normally. A Genjutsu that succeeds through this effect does not reveal the target.(This does not make the Genjutsu's Illusionary damage Cursed)

Mind Ripper - Independent Special Move (2 points)
Restriction- C Rank and up
By grabbing a victim’s head and channelling dark energy and evil will into their mind, a demonic shinobi can traumatize their opponent, lowering their will power. The constant mental pain is enough to wear down the wills of even the most the most courageous of would-be heroes.
Effect: The user makes a basic strike Called Shot to a single target's Head using the equipped weapon taijutsu subtype accuracy. On hit, this inflicts -2 to Genjutsu Save for 30 seconds. During this time, the victim becomes automatically affected by Demonic Aura (if the user has it), even if the victim has the Fearless ability, or other similar effect. This is treated as a B-Rank Will Genjutsu that does not take up a Sense Slot, but may be healed and dispelled as such.

Raging Demon - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
The unrivalled rage of those with Demonic Ancestry is a terrifying sight to behold, and this dark passion can be channelled into highly destructive bursts of energy causing normal Taijutsu to have a more traumatic effect.
Effect: By paying +15% of the Taijutsu cost in HP, the user can convert a damaging Taijutsu into a Genjutsu with illusionary damage as 50% of the base damage. The Taijutsu retains any bonuses from the Taijutsu/Weapon/Augments and applies half the user's Genjutsu Bonuses. If the target is affected by Demonic Aura (if the user has it), this Genjutsu gains +2 DC. This can be used once per 10 seconds. This does not use a sense slot.

Death Touch - Independent Special Move (3 points)
Nothing is perhaps more terrifying than a desperate demon. By embracing their dark powers in a dire situation, these shinobi can easily turn a grim situation into their favor via sheer terrifying strength.
Effect: For 10 seconds, Cursed Taijutsu attacks have +50% damage bonus and +100% CP Cost. While under the effects of Death Touch any negative damage modifiers the user has are ignored. Requires a twenty second cooldown before it may be activated again.

Dark Embrace - Passive (1 point)
Restriction- Can be taken up to two times
Those with darker heritage are often gifted with enhanced capabilities in some shape; perhaps manifesting as an odd mutation, or special ability of some sort. Over time, someone with demonic heritage can learn how to best use this skill in many ways to suit their situation.
Effect: The user chooses either Genjutsu or Taijutsu (stated in their Dojo); when making a Cursed attack of this type, the user gains a +2 bonus; this applies to checks, as well, but these techniques now cost +10% CP. Taking this boost twice does not increase this to +4, but instead grants +2 to both types if they are Cursed. This +2 bonus applied to Demonic Aura as well.

Demon Blessing - Passive (1 point)
Restriction- Can be taken up to three times
The mind of a demon is much less susceptible to attack than that of a mere mortal, restricting Genjutsu from targeting them too easily. Being so alien to most forms of chakra, a practitioner of the mind arts will find them harder to snare.
Effect: +1 Genjutsu Save.

Devil's Trick - Dependent Special Move (3 points)
Dark shinobi are cunning by nature, and often cannot help but enjoy catching their prey off guard. To let ones guard down around them is to give them demon an open invitation for all kinds of defilement.
Effect: By paying +20% CP on both, the user may combo a Taijutsu and Genjutsu. The order does not matter, but the follow-up Jutsu will target all those hit by the preceding Jutsu, and cannot be a higher rank than the Jutsu used prior to it. Cannot combo a Taijutsu with a Taijutsu, or Genjutsu with Genjutsu. Requires a ten second cooldown before it may be used again.

Natural Weapon - Passive (3 Points)
Some dark shinobi has more than their blood to show their heritage, some even developed such traits that can be used as an actual weapon, ranging from sharpened claws, deadly wings, or a powerful tail.
Effect: The user designates a single weapon in their Dojo; this weapon is treated as passively equipped whenever the user is not wielding any other weapon, and does not prevent the usage of handseals. Attacks with this Natural Weapon are considered Cursed. Natural Weapon is immune to effects which may cause the user to unequip or change weapons, and if multiple 'passively equipped' weapons are present, the user must state one.

Cursed Embodiment - Ability Modification (3 points)
Restriction- Must own the ability Alignment Focus
Shinobi with Demonic Ancestry are fundamentally different beings than normal humans. Both their bodies and their chakra are different, imbued with their cursed nature allowing them advantages over their opposing alignments.
Effect: Spiritual damage does 20% less damage (this replaces the standard 10%). In addition, this allows the users illusionary damage from Genjutsu to be Cursed.

Form of the Demon - Final Jutsu (1 point, 1 to rank up)
Restriction- A-Rank and up
This technique is the ultimate incarnation of a demonic ninja’s tie to his or her hellish ancestry. Releasing all bonds and restrictions, they unleash their true demonic nature, becoming a terrifying being of power and awe. The aftereffects are disastrous, however.
Rank 1/2: While active, the user and their techniques are Cursed. Additionally, they deal +5%/10% damage. Damage taken by the user is reduced by 10%/15%; this reduced damage is converted into CP for the user. Lasts up to 20/30 seconds.
Cost: 3 AP and 2,400 HP to initiate. 4% Max Hp/Rnd
Notes:
  • This counts as a Chakra Armor.
  • The user and the user's attacks Alignment cannot be changed, regardless of what other techniques are used during this time.
  • The Reduced damage is not counted as DR
  • This does not overwrite alignment changes from a Kinjutsu
  • Can only be used twice per battle, and requires a full 10 seconds of cooldown between uses.
  • Holy attacks ignore the user's damage reduction.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninpocho Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Code:
[B][U]Demonic Ancestry[/U][/B]
[IMG]http://www.Ninpocho.com/images/BattleSystem/CoreAbilities/DemonicHeritage.jpg[/IMG]
[quote]Those with Demonic Ancestry have a demon or other 'Dark' force influence them in some way - perhaps by being directly descended from a demonic ancestor, or having traded their life for power, or having been corrupted by some cursed artifact. Regardless of source, they generally look the same as normal human beings, albeit, with slightly altered features that make them seem 'off'...That is, until they draw upon their dark attunement and display forbidden strength.

[B][U]Demonic Aura[/U][/B] - Passive (3 points)
[I]Restriction-[/I] C Rank and up
A person in touch with their dark side is completely surrounded by a pervading feel of evil that inspires fear in even the strongest of shinobi. Though this gives them the power to make their enemies cower before them, the aura of doom does make it hard to win the trust of others.
[B]Effect:[/B] At the start of each round, the user checks their Genjutsu DC vs the Genjutsu Save of all individuals in battle. Succeeding this roll grants the user [I]Alignment Advantage[/I] over the target [I](normally +10% Damage dealt to, -10% damage taken by)[/I], including against [I]Holy[/I] targets.  This automatically affects Clones/Creations, does not stack against targets the user would have advantage against anyways, and does not apply to those with the [I]Fearless[/I] ability or other similar effect.  Lasts for the duration of the round.

[B][U]Third Eye[/U][/B] - Ability Modification(2 points)
[I]Restriction-[/I] C Rank and up, requires [URL='https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=154'][B]Sixth Sense[/B][/URL]
By unlocking the mortal restraints on their mind, the demonic shinobi can gain use of the third eye, the super sense beyond all senses.
[B]Effect:[/B] Failing an [I]Awareness[/I] check grants a single Re-Roll with a +1 bonus in the user's favor. This does not stack with similar effects, and requires a ten second cooldown before it may activate again.

[B][U]Dreadforce[/U][/B] - Passive (2 points)
The very chakra of these demonic shinobi is tainted with darkness and eats at the wills of those around them. A forsaken shinobi have no trouble using this to their advantage to evoke hallucinations and other nightmarish visions to those in their presence.
[B]Effect:[/B] The user's Genjutsu are considered [color=red]Cursed[/color] and may target individuals the user is unaware of normally. A Genjutsu that succeeds through this effect does not reveal the target.[I](This does not make the Genjutsu's Illusionary damage [color=red]Cursed[/color])[/I]

[B][U]Mind Ripper[/U][/B] - Independent Special Move (2 points)
[I]Restriction-[/I] C Rank and up
By grabbing a victim’s head and channelling dark energy and evil will into their mind, a demonic shinobi can traumatize their opponent, lowering their will power. The constant mental pain is enough to wear down the wills of even the most the most courageous of would-be heroes.
[B]Effect:[/B] The user makes a basic strike Called Shot to a single target's Head using the equipped weapon taijutsu subtype accuracy. On hit, this inflicts -2 to Genjutsu Save for 30 seconds. During this time, the victim becomes [I]automatically affected[/I] [I]by[/I] [I]Demonic Aura[/I] [I](if the user has it)[/I], even if the victim has the [I]Fearless[/I] ability, or other similar effect. This is treated as a B-Rank Will Genjutsu that does not take up a Sense Slot, but may be healed and dispelled as such.

[B][U]Raging Demon[/U][/B] - Dependent Special Move (2 points)
The unrivalled rage of those with Demonic Ancestry is a terrifying sight to behold, and this dark passion can be channelled into highly destructive bursts of energy causing normal Taijutsu to have a more traumatic effect.
[B]Effect:[/B] By paying +15% of the Taijutsu cost in HP, the user can convert a damaging Taijutsu into a Genjutsu with illusionary damage as 50% of the base damage. The Taijutsu retains any bonuses from the Taijutsu/Weapon/Augments and applies half the user's Genjutsu Bonuses.  If the target is affected by [I]Demonic Aura[/I] [I](if the user has it)[/I], this Genjutsu gains +2 DC. This can be used once per 10 seconds. This does not use a sense slot.

[B][U]Death Touch[/U][/B] - Independent Special Move (3 points)
Nothing is perhaps more terrifying than a desperate demon. By embracing their dark powers in a dire situation, these shinobi can easily turn a grim situation into their favor via sheer terrifying strength.
[B]Effect:[/B] For 10 seconds, [color=red]Cursed[/color] Taijutsu attacks have +50% damage bonus and +100% CP Cost. While under the effects of Death Touch any negative damage modifiers the user has are ignored. Requires a twenty second cooldown before it may be activated again.

[B][U]Dark Embrace[/U][/B] - Passive (1 point)
[I]Restriction-[/I] Can be taken up to two times
Those with darker heritage are often gifted with enhanced capabilities in some shape; perhaps manifesting as an odd mutation, or special ability of some sort. Over time, someone with demonic heritage can learn how to best use this skill in many ways to suit their situation.
[B]Effect:[/B] The user chooses either Genjutsu or Taijutsu [I](stated in their Dojo)[/I]; when making a [color=red]Cursed[/color] attack of this type, the user gains a +2 bonus; this applies to checks, as well, but these techniques now cost +10% CP. Taking this boost twice does not increase this to +4, but instead grants +2 to both types if they are [color=red]Cursed[/color].  This +2 bonus applied to [I]Demonic Aura[/I] as well.

[B][U]Demon Blessing[/U][/B] - Passive (1 point)
[I]Restriction-[/I] Can be taken up to three  times
The mind of a demon is much less susceptible to attack than that of a mere mortal, restricting Genjutsu from targeting them too easily. Being so alien to most forms of chakra, a practitioner of the mind arts will find them harder to snare.
[B]Effect:[/B] +1 Genjutsu Save.

[B][U]Devil's Trick[/U][/B] - Dependent Special Move (3 points)
Dark shinobi are cunning by nature, and often cannot help but enjoy catching their prey off guard. To let ones guard down around them is to give them demon an open invitation for all kinds of defilement.
[B]Effect:[/B] By paying +20% CP on both, the user may combo a Taijutsu and Genjutsu. The order does not matter, but the follow-up Jutsu will target all those hit by the preceding Jutsu, and cannot be a higher rank than the Jutsu used prior to it. Cannot combo a Taijutsu with a Taijutsu, or Genjutsu with Genjutsu.  Requires a ten second cooldown before it may be used again.

[U][B]Natural Weapon[/B][/U] - Passive (3 Points)
Some dark shinobi has more than their blood to show their heritage, some even developed such traits that can be used as an actual weapon, ranging from sharpened claws, deadly wings, or a powerful tail.
[B]Effect:[/B] The user designates a single weapon in their Dojo; this weapon is treated as passively equipped whenever the user is not wielding any other weapon, and does not prevent the usage of handseals. Attacks with this Natural Weapon are considered [color=red]Cursed[/color]. [I]Natural Weapon[/I] is immune to effects which may cause the user to unequip or change weapons, and if multiple 'passively equipped' weapons are present, the user must state one.

[B][U]Cursed Embodiment[/U][/B] - Ability Modification (3 points)
[I]Restriction-[/I] Must own the ability [URL='https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=61637']Alignment Focus[/URL]
Shinobi with Demonic Ancestry are fundamentally different beings than normal humans.  Both their bodies and their chakra are different, imbued with their cursed nature allowing them advantages over their opposing alignments.
[B]Effect:[/B] Spiritual damage does 20% less damage ([I]this replaces the standard 10%[/I]). In addition, this allows the users illusionary damage from Genjutsu to be [color=red]Cursed[/color].

[B][U]Form of the Demon[/U][/B] - Final Jutsu (1 point, 1 to rank up)
[I]Restriction-[/I] A-Rank and up
This technique is the ultimate incarnation of a demonic ninja’s tie to his or her hellish ancestry. Releasing all bonds and restrictions, they unleash their true demonic nature, becoming a terrifying being of power and awe. The aftereffects are disastrous, however.
[B]Rank 1/2:[/B] While active, the user and their techniques are [color=red]Cursed[/color]. Additionally, they deal +5%/10% damage. Damage taken by the user is reduced by 10%/15%; this reduced damage is converted into CP for the user. Lasts up to 20/30 seconds.
[B]Cost:[/B] 3 AP and 2,400 HP to initiate. 4% Max Hp/Rnd
[I]Notes:[/I]
[list][*] This counts as a Chakra Armor.
[*]The user and the user's attacks Alignment cannot be changed, regardless of what other techniques are used during this time.
[*]The Reduced damage is not counted as DR
[*]This does not overwrite alignment changes from a Kinjutsu
[*]Can only be used twice per battle, and requires a full 10 seconds of cooldown between uses.
[*][glow=blue][COLOR=blue]Holy[/COLOR][/glow] attacks ignore the user's damage reduction.[/list][/quote][list][/list]

Last edited by a moderator:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back