Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Friendly Conversation (Open)

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru heard the happy squeals of multiple girls in the woman bath It sure is noisy in there. Kaoru had come to the hot springs to relax not to be at the mercy of some ditzy girls. She peeked into the co ed bath and saw it to be empty. "Perfect " she whispered to herself as she walked into the changing room and changed into her red bikini. Even if this is a bath I am not going in naked she thought as she grabbed her towel and into the bath she went.

Kaoru walked onto the steps that to the spring, letting the hot water to flow over her feet. Within moments she had submerged herself in the water up to her shoulders. "Ahh this is heaven" she said as she dropped her wet towel on her head. She looked toward the entrance of the bath, I wonder if anyone else will come? she began to make bubbles in the water, as she relaxed in the heat of the water.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Oddly enough he had already been in there. The difference was that Kaoru hadn't noticed him for two reasons. The light mist dancing atop the waters surface. And because he was under the water, holding his breath and meditating on his actions, what to do next and what he'd already done. The motion in the water and the sound of her feet on the stones had Kushin break his thought.

His eyes moved to the legs, in the water it was hard to tell, but when she got waist deep it was much easier, it was a girl. Normally he went to the mens side, but this time there were a group of guys after some shinobi sports game, and he wanted privacy for his thoughts.

Oh. He almost forgot. He needed to breath.

Raising up out of the water smoothly he raised hi hands to keep his hair off of his face. He was wearing a pair of shorts, but nothing else.

Hello there. If you need some time to yourself I can go. He said calmly waiting for her reaction.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru's heart went into her throat as she heard a man's voice behind. She quickly stood up in the water, her towel falling off her head, and readied her body into a fighting position. She relaxed slightly when she saw the man, cupping the hair from his face. He looked out of breath and his countenance slightly red. She let down her fists and said "O - Oh I'm sorry you startled me. You can stay if you like, in fact I was getting a little lonely in here." Kaoru formed a sheepish smile on her face as she put out her hand to the stranger My name is Kaoru, what's yours mister?"

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She didn't mind his being there... but did he want to remain. Normally he only paid any attention to anyone if there was something for him involved. In this case there certainly wasn't. Yet he probably needed the relaxation and maybe the talk about nothing in particular would be good for him.

Kushin. He said as he sunk back into the water relaxing amongst the rocks.

So what brings you to the co-ed spring? Usually girls avoid this spring for the obvious reasons. You're not one of those kind of girls are you? He asked. He didn't mean anything by it, he just wasn't very good with people and didn't realize what counted as appropriate conversation and what didn't. His green eyes, matching his hair, looked at her eyes as he waited for her response.

Yes a nice conversation would be good for him, take his mind off of the business of whether or not he should kill one of his subordinates or not after they failed him. This would provide him with a different source of interest.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
" Well its very nice to meet you, Kushin san" she said with a kind smile nestling into the spring as well.So what brings you to the co-ed spring? Usually girls avoid this spring for the obvious reasons. You're not one of those kind of girls are you? Kushin san looked directly at Kaoru as he asked the queston. Just as she was about to answer him a high pitched squeal was heard from the women's bath. Kaoru pointed in the direction of the noise "Thats why" she said, covering her ears for a moment to drown out the death defying sound "I'm not too good with big crowds, especially ones as rowdy as them. How about you Kushin san?" Kaoru's silent tone was beginning to become louder as she met the man's gaze. She swipedd a piece of her chocolate hair from her face.

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shindou was finally back from his mission and he was finally going to take his first bath in days. He always went to the coed room because he wasn't fond with male genitalia. As he was walking down the springs and he saw a young women and an older guy in the same hot spring. He didn't want to see another young girl almost get raped again so he thought to stop by that spring. The elder shinobi wore his towel around his waist and it his scars were completely visible. His right side of his face and body still had burn extremely noticeable skin drafts and burn marks from his surgery. At the time his brother was just a mere mednin but Shindou had no plans on getting it fixed.

The steam rose through the air and his glowing green eyes could be faintly seen through the fog. It was like a monster from a horror movie but it wasn't just an old AIT with special eyes. As the steam faded his face could be seen by the other two. Shindou stepped into the water one foot after another and sat at a corner with an abundant amount of rocks he could use to lay his head on.

Is everything fine in here?

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It had been a long day for Tama, the troupe was gearing up for a show, and she had been practicing her part of the act. Or parts, rather. She had made sure to be a part of every performance, knife-throwing, trapeze, martial displays, and more. The toughest one for Tama was the knife-throwing act. It was the one she shared with her twin. It involved Tama trying her best to dodge Tomo’s knives. Tomo always had this glint in his eye whenever they did this routine, and Tama could never tell if he was actually aiming for her or not.

But anyway, she was ready for a bath, and since the only public bath in the area were the hot springs, it was there she went. She first entered the women’s bath; the occupants therein summarily kicked her out because Tama had thought it a grand idea to attempt skating around on bars of soap. Needles to say, the other occupants of the bath were less than pleased with the outcome. But before they could catch her, she had skated out of the women’s side and into the co-ed bath. However, due to the lack of people in the co-ed bath, the floor was not as wet. This fact limited the effectiveness of Tama’s soap-skates. Thus Tama was flung across the bath, completely nude (conveniently censored by the steam) and crashed into the wall opposite the door. After a delay of a few seconds, she picked herself up, dusted herself off, and jumped into the bath. A small trickle of blood was dripping down her face as she settled in the bath.

She then took stock of the people surrounding her. “Ah! Creepy-sennin, I mean Isaki-sama. And two people I don’t know.”

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The squeal made him wince. That had been why he'd been underwater. Before he could answer another guy entered the hot spring. Kushin didn't move, simply laying back. The other man looked twice Kushin's age, and had the scars of a shinobi to show for it. Didn't shinobi generally retire before that age? Perhaps this man hadn't saved for retirement, or planned for it. Thus he was having to live his middle aged years continuing to serve as a shinobi. That was sad.

Everything is f... He got cut off as the door had opened again, and yet another person entered. This time it was someone Kushin recognized, and once more she was flying through the air in an uncontrolled way slamming into the door. Kushin stopped talking and waited for her to pick herself up or collapse with yet another injury. While waiting his face told the story of his annoyance.

She jumped into the bath and then looked around, her eyes settling on him and an exclamation calling him creepy.

She was fine then.

Kushin turned his attention back to the original person of conversation.

I don't do well with annoying people either.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The conversation was interrupted as Kaoru heard a man step into the bath, he had many scars from battles. He asked if Kaoru and Kushin san were fine. Kushin san was beginning to asnswer the stranger's queston when suddenly a girl who appeared to be standing on soap flew in and crashed in the bath.

"Are you okay?" Kaoru said as she waided over to the woman. A small trail of blood was on her forehead. Yowwch thats gotta hurt Kaoru thought to herself, she took the cloth offf her head and used it to clean the reckless girl's wound.“Ah! Creepy-sennin, I mean Isaki-sama. And two people I don’t know.” were the first words out of the stranger's mouth. Did she just say Sennin? Kaoru looked over to Kushin san with curiousity.

Kushin san had redirected his attention back to Kaoru after the interruption and replied that he to did not like annoying people. Kaoru looked around to the people that had entered since Well with what just happened I can see why she thought giving Kushin san a smile. She left the cloth on the girl's head and said I agree Kushin san!

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shindou immediately though that the little girl thought he was annoying or the male for that matter. They're endurance to handle annoyances seem to be extremely low. He understood about the girl that crashed with soap on her feet and then called the Sennin creepy. Of course Shindou had his head laid back in a casual manner not really looking at what was going on. He didn't need to since he could see all around him. He has the abilities to see through fog, walls, clothes... Sometimes the power to see all was a punishment, the accidental glimpse of male parts were not of Shindou's liking. The young students are getting more and more reckless, discipline is needed.

So, you're the Sennin of the Mednin branch? I appreciate your on kinjutsu.

The elder shinobi held his tongue but the insult to the Sennin annoyed him to much. Such a young girl shouldn't talk to her superiors in such a manner. Little girl, mind your tongue when you speak to a higher authority Shindou said casually with. It wasn't an order, it was more of a suggestion.

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Little girl, mind your tongue when you speak to a higher authority, came the reprimand as the other girl in the bath used her towel to wipe the trickle of blood that was dripping down Tama’s forehead. “But I did show respect, he’s Creepy-sennin, and then I called him Isaki-sama. Hmmm,” she paused as she stared at the medical sennin. On their first meeting she had insulted him after injuring herself, and then had to go apologize and ask him to heal her. That event had really pissed her off, due to her excessive amounts of pride. But their interaction inside the hospital room had really scared her, and so he had earned the nickname Creepy-sennin, because of his seeming indifference to her actions, his nonchalant reactions where other people would get angry were weird, but interesting. It was like he didn’t really think anything of her. In her mind, nicknames went to interesting people. And she had always assumed that it was a compliment to be thought of as interesting. But Tama didn’t bother to explain this to anyone, as she thought it was extremely apparent to everyone, that and the fact that she herself didn’t realize how offensive she could be at times. “What was it that Shiritan called you then, sensei? Were you his teacher? Should I call you Creepy-sensei, instead?”

Being slow on the uptake, she now just registered that Isaki-san and the girl who had quickly dressed her wound were discussing annoying people, and had classified her as annoying. Or at least she had just assumed such things, “And who are you to call me annoying?! I strive hard to bring the joy of entertainment into the lives of audience members such as yourselves, but all I receive is the harsh attitudes of critics. Ah, but I will never stop, for that is the burden of the star, to shine on, to bring joyous light to the night sky…” Tama rambled on and on, clearly enraptured in her own speech. One could tell that she had spent a lot of time rehearsing it, but in all honesty it was just more self-praise and a balm for her bruised ego. It really hurt Tama that people considered her annoying, but she wouldn’t let them know exactly how much.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The first girl smiled at him and agreed with his statement about annoying people. Of course with his name in the open and his title being mentioned the other man in the water recognized who he was. He nodded acknowledgement of the appreciation from the other male. Though what was more appreciated was when he told Tama to stfu. Then Tama continued. Kushin closed his eyes as he let the warmth from the water wash over him.

When Tama had finished speaking he spoke, if anyone else tried to speak at the same time he'd simply continue talking, Tama. You can call me Isaki, and the true burdon of the star is that they are recognized by everyone, that by being a star they end up with fans, sometimes fans so obsessed that those fans can't live without their star and so decide to kill their idol and then themselves. He wondered if he could organise that... Tama's death by fan. Maybe. Just maybe.

Still, perhaps we can just enjoy the comfort and relaxation that the pools bring. Surely that is why we're all here?

He would ask for the names of the others... but he actually didn't care.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The scarred man at the edge of the bath lightly scolded the girl about the way she adressed the sennin. Kaoru let out a slight chuckle as the girl began a long speech, something about being a star.

Kushin san appeared to be getting annoyed by this time, Kaoru was about to speak, but Kushin san retorted to the girl's speech with saying that stars can be killed by fans. The man seemed to think over the scenario for a moment before speaking again. He began to relax again as he did so.

Kaoru took his lead and submerged herself back into the medicating heat of the spring. "I agree with Kushin san lets just enjoy eachother's company and the spring. How about that?" Kaoru said in a shy tone as she looked around to her new acquaintances. " Lets start with introducing ourselves. My name is Kaoru" her voice was becoming gradually louder as she gained confidence in front of the strangers. She looked around the spring for their responses.

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shindou rested his heads on the rocks and Tama as it appears her name to be tried to explain herself. He truly didn't care he thought of the new generation of shinobi as disrespectful and not properly trained. This maybe true or everyone didn't get the luxury of being trained by Takao the Mad. The demon who helped revive Cloud when it was in a state of turmoil. Shindou nodded back to Kushin, it seemed both men were on some common ground. They were both easily annoyed. Tama began to rant and with training in the arts of not giving a crap he was able to block out most of what she said. When Tama talked it was like a trumpet being blown for every word like an old cartoon. Everything he understood was Star; which was amusing to him. Kushin seemed to have a sick sense of humor attempting to scare the girl that by being a star her loving fans may attempt to kill her. Things like that actually happened, a man from a band called Beagles was killed by a loving fan with a revolving crossbow.

Kaoru was a girl that seemed to agree with Kushin. He didn't know whether or not she was a kiss ass but she had the right idea. He did come to relax and bath after a long mission. Kizoku Shindou is the name. Nice, to meet you little Kaoru. The Sennin might know the name because Takao's lineage was not kept a secret but the other two might not. They are to young to know of Takao or his sons unless they learned of them all in a History class.

279 mft

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Again, Isaki the Creepy-sennin-sensei lived up to his nickname, as he coolly described how a star might be murdered by an adoring fan. What?! The audience can’t do that! Can they? His next words, a suggestion to simply sit and relax in the baths, were ones that Tama followed quickly and to the letter. But the warmth of the bath wasn’t enough to fully dispel the chill that had settled along the back of Tama’s spine.

The other two occupants of the bath then introduced themselves fully. The scarred man with glowing eyes was Kizoku Shindou, and the young girl was called Kaoru. Odd, that Kaoru didn’t introduce herself with a surname, but Tama wasn’t focused on that. She still was having trouble believing that an audience member could attempt to kill the star.

What she really wanted to ask Isaki-san was more about Shiranai, the man who had become the Shogun of Lightning Country. He had seemed to have a history with the former shinobi. But Tama wasn’t sure how to broach the subject, especially after Isaki-san had given her that particular food for thought.
The other two seemed content to ignore Tama for now, and currently Tama was fine with this turn of events, she needed to think about what she would do if an audience member tried to kill the star of the show before she could attempt to rejoin the conversation.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru and... Takao's son, Shindou. Interesting. Kushin had always been interested in Cloud history. Researching those who had come before him, learned what secrets remained to be learned. Shindou was the youngest of his brothers he seemed to recall. Though the two had had nothing to do with one another before, not unusual for a village filled with Shinobi, and given the age differences it was likely that Shindou would have been performing higher ranked missions that Kushin for a long time.

Well, though he'd already been introduced by others he felt it only proper to do so for himself Isaki Kushin, formally Chigokai Kushin of the Chigokai main house, though the middle brother. As you are aware now I am the Medical Sennin. He knew it told them his bloodline heritage, but they were allies and Cloudies so he had decided that it would be deemed too untrusting to not give that information. Also the Chigokai Clan were one of the Bloodlines in Cloud which was like the Santaru in standing, a Lightning Country original. His blood had always been in Cloud, his blood helping with the construction of the village.

Isaki however might have been less well known. They were a Mist clan and well known in the land of Water for their wealth and financial power. They practically owned the village of Mist, however their coming to Lightning and Cloud was only recent... and only through Kushin's arranged marriage to one of their daughters.

Shindou, you mentioned kinjutsu earlier. I was wondering what you meant?

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Everyone except for the strange girl introduced themselves. She seemed too shocked by Kushin sama's statement about fans killing stars. Kaoru giggled st the girl's expression. Kushin sama introduced himself in detail, Kaoru thought the extra information was interesting. Something her existence was definitely not.

Then Kushin sama questioned Shindou san on his statement about kinjutsu. Kaoru thought back to when Shindou san found out. So thats what theyre talking about Kaoru thoguht. She turned around to the injured girl behind her "So how's your head. Does it still hurt?" she asked in a caring voice.

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kushin gave a full introduction to who he is. Shindou didn't know much about the Chigokai bloodline, just that they can control blood and turn water into it but the specifics of their capabilities was not known to him. A Chigokai working in the medical field makes sense, since they aren't afraid to blood and stop blood loss on a whim. I am the middle brother as well. Ari and myself have a smaller one named Usui. He works in the Medica branch, you may have met him. The Medical Sennin didn't know what the old vet meant about his Kinjutsu.

I obtained these Hyuuga eyes through the hospital. I don't know anyone in this village who obtained them before but they changed after a while. Instead, of the Hyuugas signature veiny and white eyes; these started glowing green and the veins subsided. I don't know what this fully means but it was a good thing.

Shindou was not a Hyuuga and replaced his own eyes with those of another Kin. He was just an ordinary shinobi that was exceptional with Lightning jutsu. There has been a myth in the Hyuuga culture, that if they take another members eyes they will achieve exceptional sight and powers. Shindou didn't know by his father Demonic Ancestry skewed with his DNA as he received the eyes. His body need not just adapt to them but evolved with it. Somehow making him a true Hyuuga.

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tama’s hands shot up to the towel on her head, where the sudden pressure made her flinch in pain. “I-It doesn’t hurt at all,” she replied shakily to Kaoru’s kind query. However, it probably didn’t make for a very convincing statement. After all, Tama was hardly the most convincing twelve year old in the village. But realizing this, she quickly moved to change the subject. Hearing Isaki and Green-eye, Shindou-san, she mentally corrected herself, she asked the first thing that came to her mind, sore as it was from her collision with the wall earlier.

“What’s a Kinjutsu?”

Now if Tama had been an Academy Student, or even a Genin, one might understand her lack of knowledge on the subject. However, as a Chuunin, there was really no excuse for her not knowing what kinjutsu was. Tama had a tendency to only seriously study things that interested her at the start, and when Kinjutsu was mentioned in her Academy classes, it was usually just downplayed as dangerous and only for foolhardy shinobi to pursue. There was also a lot of busywork and the study hall in the library was far too stuffy for Tama to sit and listen to the one professor who had offered to tell her about it. She had many other opportunities to look up materials on the subject in the library as well, but had opted not to, so that she could spend time jumping off rooftops and indirectly causing mayhem. A few insurance companies had started adding Tama-related accidents to the list of things they won’t cover in their policies due to that event.

She reached back to Kaoru and dragged her into the conversation as well, “Come on, maybe it’ll be interesting.” Much more interesting than my injuries that are not causing me any pain, whatsoever.

[MFT]
WC: 302

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ah of course, Usui, I remember now. I had forgotten that he was part of that family as well. Shindou must have received surgery from one of my team, after all the only Kinjutsu surgery specialists have been trained directly by myself to date. Kushin thought, he’d misplaced the order, no biggy.

Nodding acceptance of what Shindou spoke of it intrigued him. A curious oddity created through his chakra system and the hyuuga eye combination. If you were more interested in learning further about this you are welcome to visit me in my office. I could take some samples and investigate. I’ll leave that over to you though.

Then a question was asked of Tama. Last time Kushin had met Tama he’d already lain judgement on her intelligence and rank. To him she was a Genin, he didn’t know and didn’t care about anything otherwise. As it was Kinjutsu would likely only be known about by older and experienced shinobi. At least that was all who the knowledge would be worth anything to. So he figured it was a fair question. Looking to both the girls Kushin figured he should assume neither knew about them.

Kinjutsu are difficult to explain. The word refers to forbidden jutsu, but that is an old way of looking at them. You see they used to be illegal in the shinobi world because of how they are usually gained, requiring the death of particular individuals to attain them. For instance you might be jealous of an Uchiha and their abilities, you could go through surgeries and attain their kekkei genkai. I legalized this in Cloud, we use shinobi parts from shinobi who died during missions or while going missing. In this way even in death our shinobi strengthen us. Shindou here received Hyuuga eyes presumably from a member of one of the Hyuuga clans in the village and now has gained their strength and abilities.

Kushin wasn’t aware as to quite how much he had gained them of course. A Hyuuga implant could mean a Chimera, which is what he assumed was the case, incorrectly.

There have been records of other Kinjutsu which aren’t gained in this way. Though to go into all of them would take a lot of time. Think of Kinjutsu as abilities which are beyond that of ordinary shinobi which can be dangerous to use.

He turned to Shindou.

Anything you want to add?

Then to the others.

Or any questions?

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back