Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Friendly Conversation (Open)

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shindou san explained his eyes, then the girl had a sudden interest in the suject. She asked Kushin sama about Kinjutsu, Kaoru was also interested.

She leaned toward Kushin sama as he lightly explained the concept of Kinjutsu. Kaoru thought on this as Kushin sama awaited any questions. Kaoru was too deep in thought. They sure are a dangerous thing but they help so much she balanced out the pros and cons of such abilities existing. She sunk deeper into the water as she meditated.

[OOC: I have been swamped by real life, so I'm sorry that the post was so short DX]

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shindou nodded to the request of meeting so the he could gather data about his eyes. Something seemed to be unique about them and didn't seem like he was a Chimera. He did not have other kekkei genkai but he used to. Shindou was not originally a Hyuuga or Santaru before. His first bloodline was in fact Uchiha. Throughout, the years Shindou has lost and gained different bloodline abilities and lost them. This was unknown to him and probably even Kushin didn't know what was wrong with him. Of course, he had his theories but it was nearly impossible for him to prove it because he wasn't a skilled medical shinobi.

I will have no problem coming to you for more information or to give samples. Losing abilities or bloodlines is not new to me. I was not always Hyuuga and in fact I was originally a Uchiha then a Santaru. I've lost many kekkie genkai but gained others. I presume at has to do with my lineage and demonic ancestry that runs through Takao's veins. Demonic blood can cause issues, I know that much.

Shindou knew the oddity of demonic blood because he stores dead demons that were killed in the Demon invasion. His home has a decent amount and a variety of specimens that attacked his home many years ago. Their blood was unique and evil; it may have something to do with his mutations. Kushin explained Kinjutsu well the the kids. They may not understand the full responsibility, power and risks obtaining a Kinjutsu could have.

Yes, I do have something to add. Obtaining a kinjutsu is not just gaining a new skill but it is a trade depending what type you have. Some kinjutsu does not cost Just chakra but also life force. You also become a target to other shinobi greedy for power, if you have all seeing eyes why wouldn't someone try to steal that from you.

The water was quite nice and there was actually a meaningful conversation.

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kinjutsu. Basically it was shinobi increasing their power through alterations of the physical body, whether through surgery or other means. This thought sat distastefully in Tama’s mind.

“So it’s kinda like cheating, then?” she asked with a hint of disappointment in her voice.

Tama had always been determined to be the best at whatever she did. She couldn’t be satisfied unless she had proven herself to be the best at whatever she set her mind to do. This had applied to her life as a shinobi too, the only reason she spent time training extensively as a shinobi was because there was a whole village of people who were considered stronger than her.

She had accepted this because some people were born with natural talents and power that made them strong. Tama liked to believe that she was one of those people, and maybe she was. She also knew that talent needed to be tempered with skill and training in order for any good to come of it. As a performer, constant rehearsals were required before the show would actually begin. And even when the troupe wasn’t rehearsing, there was still practicing of acting, dancing, acrobatics, singing, and other things that just happened on a regular basis. Developing one’s talent was part of becoming better at anything.

But now she knew some shinobi were able to circumvent the long and hard path to power by augmenting their abilities with those of another shinobi. The idea didn’t appeal to Tama, it was like a singer lip-synching to a song to make them look better on-stage. She had always done everything with her own power. The idea of using someone else’s power to make herself stronger seemed like cheating to her. I’ll be the best, the strongest, and I’ll do it with my own strength. I don’t need an upgrade, she thought to herself.

Cree--, Isaki, had mentioned about other ‘forbidden jutsu’ that did not require the use of other shinobi parts to augment one’s abilities. Maybe she would pester him about those things later, or maybe she’d pester Barfight-san. Anyway, she set those thoughts aside to hear the reactions to her question about Kinjutsu being akin to cheating in the shinobi world.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The first girl, Kaoru, leaned forward interested in the conversation. Shindou included the issues around them. Tama had a stupidly thoughtless statement.

Does cheating include learning jutsu at the academy? Does cheating include receiving help from team members? Tama, you are a performer, but would you be any good at it if you didn't have someone to teach you? That is what kinjutsu is. It is simply another helping hand. Not everyone who receives or gains a kinjutsu is any good at being a shinobi. It can have the opposite effect as they get too confident in their abilities. However without knowledge being passed down from one generation to the next, and without information being passed between clans and groups we would not have a village to live in. If kinjutsu is cheating then so is being brought up in a shinobi village.

It was his attempt to reason with the girls idiocy, and after he'd done so he realized that there was a good chance that it would fall on deaf ears.

I personally do not have a kinjutsu even though I am the head physician in regards to kinjutsu surgeries. It's not because I don't believe in them... I... he frowned in thought for a moment I don't know why I don't have one. I guess I just don't feel the need for one.

Indeed prior to his legalizing kinjutsu he had instead augmented his followers instead. It meant that they would be the ones who got in trouble, not himself, though he had removed that restriction on them and everyone else. People who had kinjutsu prior felt more at ease and the number of murders in the village had fallen almost by half. It had been a miraculous success.

My abilities in the medical field are abilities which I was not taught by anyone else. Perhaps unlike yourself Tama I truly understand the meaning of cheat and wish to continue finding my own way, like I have done so far. He knew hundreds of jutsu, perhaps more than anyone else in the village. He had mastered his bloodline to as high a standard as anyone else. Indeed he had created a legitimate method of surgery which increased the power of the villages shinobi. He was a sennin for a reason, but there was something he would strive for... Jashin... he suspected that to be one of the original Chigokai's names. Back before they were taught what their limits were, back when they found their own way. That was what his goal was. To become unbound by his clans current restrictions. To become like that of a god.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shindou san inquired about his past with kinjutsu, then the strange girl made the statement that it was cheating. Kaoru had never thought of it that way. Kushin sama seemed to be annoyed by the girl's statement. He quickly retorted the girl with examples of team members helping eachother, he concluded with if kinjutsu is cheating then so is being brought up in a ninja village.

"I agree with Kushin sama" Kaoru piped standing slightly out of the water.

Kushin sama continued to speak about his lack of kinjutsu, and that he may know the true meaning of "cheat".

"I don't think it's cheating if its for the good of the village, Do you know what I mean?" Kaoru's began to turn quiet at the last part. She had never really known much about kinjutsu, her guardian didn't have one, that she knew of. This brought new questions to the young shinobi's head.

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hahaha. Shindou chuckeled. It was adorable that this child believed using a Kinjutsu would be cheating. Of course doing things on your own seems honorable and respectable but other villages aren't going to do that. We must be able to use all our resources and stay the best shinobi village we possibly can. Kushin immediately scolded the girl's simple minded ways. He brought up valid points of being raised in a shinobi village was cheating as well.

Do you know how many shinobi in Cloud has Kinjutsu? Just a handful and the names are so common you probably could guess at least three without even knowing who it is. Not all shinobi believe in the same thing as you or Hayate Shin. Ask the other Sennins about the Kinjutsu there answers might dissapoint you.

As an AIT Shindou must know who obtained Kinjutsu legally so if he sees others who have not done it legally, he must apprehend the individual. Some of these users were Santaru Rin the ANBU Sennin and Takaki Masao the Vice Commander of the ANBU Corps.

Suzuki Setsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Each point the Medical Sennin made hit Tama like a ton of bricks. His points made sense, but the way he delivered them made Tama feel as if she was being attacked verbally. She visably staggered under the weight of Kushin’s correctness. Apparently, Isaki had not taken Tama’s opinion on Kinjutsu too well.

Kaoru, as seemed to be her wont, seemed to regard everything that Cree-, Isaki, uttered as right and true. Tama wasn’t going to get any support from her, no shared opinion to bond over.

Shindou at least laughed, while he didn’t agree with her opinion, he was probably the nicest about doing so. Tama was more inclined to listen to him, and it was because of his answer, not treating Tama like an idiot but as an amusing, if naïve, thinker. But she still was angry, not because of their opinions on Kinjutsu, but because her naivety concerning how shinobi gained power had been brutally swept away. Later on, after she had calmed down, she would see the sense in both Kushin and Shindou’s statements, but not at the moment.

“Maybe I will talk to all of them, and maybe they’ll think I’m right!” I’ll show them. They think I’m stupid don’t they! Well fine! Tama fumed, I’ll prove them all wrong!

Tama may have been childish and naïve when it came to Kinjutsu, after all, it wasn’t illegal in Cloud to have one. And it was a legitimate way for a shinobi to pursue greater strength. Tama probably knew this, but at the moment she was angry that many of the powerful shinobi she had seen and looked up to (though she would die before admitting it) did not get to where they were now by using their own strengths and abilities, but rather amplified their strength through physical augmentation.

With that final outburst, she ran from the bath, slipping on the slick floor where she had soap-skated earlier and slamming the bath door behind her. She had a lot on her young mind to think about.

[Topic Left]
[OOC: Thanks for the fun RP!]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It seemed Tama was hurt. She had made stupid statements, been told she was wrong, and the strongest shinobi in the village, the ones who everyone looked up to, they all had kinjutsu. The Raikage didn't. Kushin didn't. Yet oddly enough Kushin knew that there were very few who looked up to either of them. Shin Kushin could understand, he was a good man, but they were shinobi. Amongst shinobi men were weak, if Shin had his way all shinobi would be weak. On the other hand Kushin was too young to yet be considered amongst those worth looking up to. Also he knew his people skills were lacking, and because of that people were put off by him.

Tama left with a crash, and so Shindou, Kaoru and Kushin were left.

Kaoru, this man here... Kushin nodded to Shindou ... is the son of the Raikage Takao. Do they still teach of Cloud's past leaders in the academy? He asked. He was interested to see what it was that was said of Takao. There were many stories, many documented histories on the man who ended up being renown for the end of his days. Being renown for the madness that gripped him.

In many ways it was sad that such a strong shinobi, one of Cloud's greatest, could fall so far. That all his great achievements could be forgotten due to a sickness of the mind.

It would also be of interest to see what Shindou had to say on the matter once Kaoru had spoken. After all, Shindou being his son would mean he would likely know more than simple books could tell.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shindou san laughed at the current debate. The girl seemed furious, she shouted that the sennin may think she was right, and then tripped while exiting the bath. Kaoru was about to help the fallen girl, but she was soon up and fumed out. She was a strange one Kaoru thought as she settled backk into the bath. Now she was alone with the two men, although it didn't seem awkward to the young shinobi.

Kushin sama then told Kaoru about Shindou san's father, Raikage Takao. The young shinobi had heard the name from a book somewhere, but couldn't remeber the details. But the young girl was still amazed that the son of a Raikage was sitting across from her in a public bath.

"Wow really Shindou san! That's cool to be the son of a Raikage, but - " her voice became even more quiet "t -to tell the truth I don't know much about him." Kaoru began to feel embarrased because of her ignorance.

I made a fool of myself for sure the thought repeated in her head, she glanced over to the scarred man.

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Children were really dramatic nowadays but what can you expect from little girls. If something doesn't go there way they become furious and storm off. The Medical Sennin asked Kaoru if she knew that Shindou was a son of a Raikage. Shindou raised his head in interest to see what the girl said because this is history and it is something they all should know. Unfortunately, history was not a major subject for the academy students even though it should. To no surprise she didn't know that he was and his surname should have given it away.

It seems history isn't important in Cloud Kushin-san. I don't feel disrespected for not know but learning about the past Raikages should be important.

He wondered what Isaki knew about Takao before Shindou said anything first. Shindou was always interested to hear what they were told by the higher ups. He turned to Isaku to ask What do you know about Raikage Takao.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
That was interesting. He was well aware of the Raikage's interest in history, and thought that that would have filtered down to the academy, especially as he had once been the main branch sennin. However that was still information gained. Kaoru apologized but it was not her fault for not being aware of key figures. In the end that was the responsibility of the academy, her teachers.

Don't worry about it Kaoru, you can only know what you learn or are taught and if your education lacks information on the Raikage then that is not your fault. Yet Shindou then addressed him, noting that it seemed that it wasn't important in Cloud. Which could be a valid point. Perhaps the fact that the current Raikage's interest in history wasn't valued enough to pass down.

Kushin agreed with Shindou though, he believed that that knowledge was something which should be included in the education of the young. It would instill a sense of pride in their village as they learn about the men who should be a collection of the greatest names in the village. Shindou then requested Kushin share what he knew about the man.

Very well, though my knowledge will be far less personal than your own. He looked to Kaoru, in the end it would be her that would learn the most from this, Shindou would learn what it is that Kushin knew, however there was only so much one could learn from books.

Takao, the fourth Raikage. The most common knowledge on Takao was his mental illnesses and fall from grace, which is sad. During his health he was a well respected shinobi, his strength and presence of mind stopped two possible revolts within Cloud during a time of instability. He was the Raikage for five years and co-ruled with the lesser known Aiko and the more commonly known Aion, the Dawnbringer. Because of this he was often traveling and there are unfounded stories of many fights during this time. I believe one of which involved Takao visiting another shinobi villages gates and did battle with their ANBU and leaders, one versus however many chose to come out. He killed none of them for that was not the point he wanted to make, he wanted to prove to the world of the strength that Cloud shinobi held.

It was a story that he had been told during his youth. A fantastical tale of a Raikage who otherwise was commonly thought of as mentally unstable, yet when you read about how Aion's fanatical supporters chose not to rebel simply because Takao was the Raikage gave the story some form of credentials.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru was still highly embarrased about her lack of knowledge. Shindou san's and Kushin sama tried to cheer her up but it did not help much. Kushin sama gave an overview of the Raikage's life, it fascinated Kaoru learning about the past leader. She felt bad about the general public's view of him though.

"Wow Shindou san you had such a wonderful father, I probably don't have a lineage nearly as interesting as yours" Kaoru exclaimed as Kushin sama stopped speaking. He left soon after that, Now it was only her and Shindou san. It got quiet all of a sudden. "So Shindou san" Kaoru began "I don't know if I should say this but I'm curious. What do you remember of the late Raikage Takao"

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kushin knew quite a bit about Takao's history and not many can say that. History is meant to be passed down from generation to generation but sadly that is not the case in Cloud. These teachers only teach "interesting" classes like ninjutsu 101 or survival studies, these things are of course important but so was history. If a rogue shinobi found a way into the village without being seen isn't it necessary to remember the path the rogue took to get in and tell other shinobi about it? How will shinobi learn of flaws in the system if they aren't taught why the systems were flawed in the first place.

Kushin told them of the age old legendary battle that the infamous Takao took part in. His father fought several shinobi of another village destroying the gates in the matter. Kushin's explanation was vague but Shindou remembered the full details.

Ahh that story, I remember it quite well Kaoru. You might like to listen to it. Takao appeared at the gates of a village which I don't remember was ever specified but he was approached by several ANBU and other shinobi from the village. He fought them all at once which was quite gutsy but Takao The Mad was deemed Mad for a reason. It appeared that one of the ANBU summoned a Bird Contract, so in order to deal with this bird he used Thunder Bird. A lightning ninjutsu that has been lost and no one to this day doesn't own it. From pure power and wits he was able to weaken many of there shinobi using an enhanced for of Mystical Pond. He left them all alive just like Kushin stated just to prove the power and mercy of Cloud.

Ninjutsu back in the old days dealt a lot more damage then it did today. Shinobi was not as skilled as controlling the power of ninjutsu at the time, so it cost an immense amount of chakra to use them. Now shinobi are able to limit the amount of chakra they use to attack today but the damage is far less severe.

Wonderful father.... Ha... He was a demon. Demonic blood ran through his veins which is why he IS Mad. Takao, is still alive and not many people know that. Those with demonic blood doesn't age like the rest of us, he probably still looks like he is in his 20s or even 30s. So what do I remember of him you say? Hmm... He was not loving or caring, all he wanted was perfection from my brothers and I. He knew Hashigaki ran through Kizoku Usui's blood but he didn't show signs of having sonar ability? Do you know that hashigaki that are born blind have that power? But Usui wasn't blind, in order to release his kekei genkei Takao the Mad stabbed him in his eyes with kunai. Do you still prefer to have a father?

The words Shindou said was sick and demented. He didn't lie but told her the truth, Shindou knew that this girl was an orphan and she probably wants parents even though it might be better to not have them.

MFT 528 words

OOC: I saw Kushin's post, you don't need to edit. I just want to clarify I found this out by Santaru Rin in a topic created before this one. So no metagaming here. XD

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kushin hadn't left, he'd simply dunked himself under the water for a moment.

Hearing most of what Shindou said, Kushin was wondering how the girl would respond. Though at the same time he wondered how it was that Shindou knew of her being parentless... or if he knew. A good number of shinobi were, but not everyone. Kushin for instance wasn't. Neither was Shindou. So how he came to that rather illogical conclusion was beyond Kushin unless the two knew either other elsewhere.

Still he held his silence to see what the girl said.

[ooc: I tend to rejoin topics I've left from inactivity if they regain activity.]

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru sat down on a rock, and listened intently as the man remembered the story of his father's battle. He talked with a sense of nostalgia. Kaoru gaped as she thought of what such a man must have been like. He was so powerful yet he had so much control she thought.

She looked forward to the man sitting in front of her. "Wow theres so much about this village I don't know about" the young girl said almost in a daze, she lowered her head and stared at the water below her "I want to learn more" she whispered.

But Kaoru was brought out of her daydream by Shindou san's last statement.Wonderful father.... Ha... He was a demon. Demonic blood ran through his veins which is why he IS Mad. Kaoru's expression fell. Demon? How could he say that about his own father? The question baffled the young girl. Sure, she never REALLY have parents, but she still had her guardians and she would never had called either of them demons. Maybe its different if you actually knew your parents. She contemplated on this, when she was startled by Kushin sama's reappearance from beneath the water. She had thought he had left, looks like she was wrong. I wonder if Kushin sama thinks the same of his father? she thought. Curiousity got the better of her so she asked "K -Kushin sama, how about your parents?" the young girl waited for the man's answer.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: Just figured I'd answer, rather than wait, gives you more to say/do Shindou]

Kaoru asked Kushin a question as he pushed his hair back off his face once more. She wanted to know how he felt about his father. It must have been because of what Shindou had said. He could understand that.

My father and I have a complex relationship. My brother is loved by him and does him proud. Despite my position as Sennin he still doesn't give me the same sort of treatment, but I know that he cares about me. My father is just... old fashioned within my clan and sees things from that perspective. Kushin shrugged It would be wrong to say that he was a bad man. I just don't have anything to do with him anymore.

If Kushin cared it didn't show though. It was just a logical consideration.

Shiruba

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The girl ignored Shindou's question completely, she must be to embarrassed or something. She immediately, asked Kushin about his parents and shockingly they were alive. Normally, you hear pity stories of parents being killed by bandits or dying from home evasion by ninja. It was odd that it was kind of a recurring way to lose your parents. Kushin's father seemed to be old fashion and has a favorite. This was common among older generation of fatherhood, it may seem awful but it actually forces the unloved child to become the best shinobi he could be. This is why Kushin has become a Sennin at such a young age.

It does sound like you have an old school father. It might be for the best because you did become a Sennin after all.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
" Oh" Looks like Kushin sama also had a strange relationship with his parents too. Were all real families like this? The girl thought on this and back to her late guardians. They truly were different. Kaoru thought it rude that she didn't contribute to the conversation. She took a deep breath and said " I never had parents exactly, but I had my guardians. They were a nice couple they took me in as if I was their own daughter." Kaoru wiped away a tear as she dug up the memories from the crevices of her mind. "I guess everyone's "family" is different. Don't you think?" She moved a piece of hair away from her face as she dove slightly deeper into the bath.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He nodded, first to Shindou's statement and then to Kaoru's question. As Shindou said, perhaps my relationship with my father led to my pushing myself to become the best medical shinobi I could be. I took the knowledge I had from the ANBU, the knowledge I gained at the academy and what I learned about the world performing missions and being a shinobi and worked hard to better myself and the village. Perhaps none of this would have happened if I had been a an ANBU. Perhaps I would have simply remained in my brothers shadow.

Looking towards Kaoru he continued I think that not only is every family different, but every relationship within that family. If it had been my brother here talking with you he might have told you about how loving his father is, how they share a father son bond which cannot be broken. I hope that with my son I will be seen that way, though I don't know how many more I will have, or how long I will be around for them. As a shinobi of course I'm not expected to live overly long. He relaxed back against the rocks and moved his hands in the water.

He loved his son, he would do everything and anything for that child. The boy could be someone who helps Cloud and the new village Mist create a strong bond. After all he is the son of Cloud's Chigokai Clan and Mist's Isaki Clan. Strong clans within both villages with strong influences. Kushin hoped that Kanyuu would inherit a strong Kumogakure, one strengthened by his fathers, Kushin's, legacy and be proud of who he was.

That was Kushin's dream for his son, and he would help push his son to achieve this dream.

How are you finding the training and lectures at the academy Kaoru? It was a thing Kushin was interested in. He'd found that Keiji had trained himself in combat arts at an early age. Although he supposed those were more interesting than other techniques it was the other techniques that would be of actual use in the shinobi's future.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back