Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Fushimi Inari Taisha [Dual Contract Search]

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Brilliant white pebbles crunched under her boots as she stepped out of the carriage. It was rare that the leading Shinrya family could be seen outside of their shinobi village. Even rarer still that the mother-daughter duo traveled together. The trip had been long, but the monotony was kept at bay by idle conversation of their destination and the beautiful view of the Heartlands.

Kahako always found her family’s land to be an awe-inspiring wonder. Painters could never truly capture it’s beauty, and poets found few words to describe it. But the actual land was not the reason for their visit. No, the grand shrine that stood before the Medical Sennin was why they were there. Set at the base of a mountain, a brilliant red Torii gate stood in front of one of the largest shrines Kahako had seen in her life.
87e0ed5b-d5d1-41c3-851f-12fa519bb0ff_zpst8s9o5nf.jpg

The white pebbles bordered a simple, white concrete path, soon splitting after the torii. One toward a purification trough with small bamboo ladles resting upside down, the other moving forward to the shrine, where the trail would once split again and disappear around both sides of the building.

The taisha itself made Kahako’s chest fill with awe. The temple to Raiden and Shinbatsu was certainly larger, but where those temples took a simple, domineering-esque structures, this temple held majestic hues of red, white, and small accents of gold and green. For this was the Shinrya temple for the Kami, Inari. It was not unheard of that great families of the country prayed to lesser gods for their wealth. The Shinrya Clan seemed to be one of those families.

For Inari was a kami of rice, tea, sake, and all types of agriculture, industry, and worldly success. According to her mother, who just stepped out of the other side of the carriage, the Shinrya claimed this was the god that bestowed upon them their fertile lands in Raiden’s name. Long ago, when the Shinrya clan first formed, a young, soon to be head, of the clan saved one of the god’s messengers. The document, a missive only for the eyes of the great Raiden, lay open as the messenger was tossed away in a small bout. Instead of stealing a glance into the matters of the gods, this young leader re-sealed the message and handed it back to it’s grateful courier.

A few days later, Kami Inari personally visited the clan’s home. When asked why the young leader-to-be did not read the missive, his response was, ‘to place great trust in those in your employment is an honor to that employee. I would not dishonor the trust you had in your messenger.’ Pleased with his response, Inari handed the leader a scroll, mapping out the lands that would forever belong to him and his descendants. And so form that point forward, the Shinrya would always bring offerings to Inari in thanks, and in return Inari granted them fertile lands and constant wealth within the mountains. ‘Or so the family legend goes,’ as Kitsune said lazily on their way there.
e6de672a-8559-4806-bb98-21618c85365d_zpslxs1qsvk.jpg

Kahako walked to the purification trough, washing her hands and mouth as was custom. From there, she caught a glimpse of an equally beautiful shrine behind the first. Small stalls could be seen selling food and trinkets. From there the path sloped upward to stairs, countless bright red torii lining the path into the mountain. According to Kitsune, hundreds of small shrines dotted the mountain path so as anyone could pray privately, as the entire province worshipped Inari at some point in the year. And at the end of the path, close to the peak of the mountain, an inner shrine and their destination.

As she waited for her mother, Kahako stood at the bottom of the steps to the first temple. A sense of wanderlust filled her as she imagined the beautiful views this temple would have as they travelled up the mountain. Kahako hesitated to believe the god Inari was real, but her mother did, and wanted her to see the shrine the next time she took an offering to it. It was important to the Shinrya family, so Kahako humored her and obliged.
da2d9b94-cf4e-4a8f-845c-083a0dc100f2_zpsyobo0evi.jpg

While waiting, she caught a slight movement out of the corner of her eye. That was when she noticed fox statues standing on either side of the temples, each had a paw held up in the air in the direction of the temple. “Mother,” Kahako called, her curiosity peaking at the small, almost insignificant statues. They were not nearly as grand as the temples. “What are the foxes for?”

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune smiled. It was good to be home. ”Well. Legend or not, there’s no denying that my family has been prosperous and long lived.” she proclaimed with a grand gesture around her. ”I hope you aren’t disappointed, Kahako-chan. It’s part of my heritage to be a tad superstitious, but with all that’s happened here over the years, and with me, personally, how could I not be? And now… I’m not just a Baroness,” Kitsune paused and looked at her daughter ”I’m a Duchess, with the most wonderful family any woman could want.” she finished with a big grin. Kitsune truly did feel like the most lucky woman in the world right about now.

As they proceeded up the path, Kitsune explained why there were so many shrines. ”Most people prefer to pray privately, so, we’ve provided plenty of opportunity for them to do so. I mean, who are we to interfere in how they practice their faith?” she said as she adjusted the bag hanging off of her shoulder. ”It shouldn’t be too far now. Usually I take this trip alone, but this time, I felt you should witness it. Especially because I have great thanks to give.” – See, not too long ago, Kitsune had been made Duchess, and she believed it to be thanks to the good fortune granted by the Inari.

Upon their arrival at the main shrine, Kahako noticed the fox statues and asked what they were for. This resulted in Kitsune giggling before she answered ”Why Kahako-chan~. They’re the messengers of the Kami Inari,” she turned to face Kahako, who’d notice a sparkle in her eye ”Why do you think my name is Kitsune~?” she asked mischievously and led the young woman inside the main temple after they had rung the bells at the entrance, clapping twice, and bowing. Inside it was lavishly decorated with a rather big shrine in the absolute center of the room.

Once there, Kitsune removed her bag from her side, opening it and withdrawing her first offering. It was a bottle of sake, made right here in the province. She placed it into the first offering box, before withdrawing her second offering: a sample of rice, harvested right in the province as well. That went into the second offering box, and her third offering, a symbol of the industry that had blossomed in the province: a gem-inlaid gold/silver fusion bracelet, would go into a third offering box. Kitsune uttered a short, but heartfelt prayer in a tone so low only she, and the deities would hear it.

”Once a year, I come here, and bring the first bottle of sake we bottled that year, a bag of the first harvest of rice, and a token of craftsmanship as a symbol of our industry.” she explained to Kahako, hopefully giving a bit of insight into what Kitsune actually did other than her work in Kumogakure. ”This year, however, is special. I became a Duchess. And I feel like I owe my good fortunes to the Kami Inari.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Kaminari no Kuni was filled with an air of supreme mysticism as the two esteemed women gathered themselves for a day of honoring the Kami Inari. Though the Shinrya’s truly believed that giving mere baubles would bring them a fortune untold, it was their undying spirit that usually prevailed the day. As they moved through the path together, the very world around them became more alive, as if seeking to please them in their sheer majesty. The women, however, were completely unaware to these subtle things. Instead, the women enjoyed each other’s company while respecting the shrine they were coming upon. Though nature felt a little hurt by the ignorance, it couldn’t help but continue to strive to grow brighter to bring the beautiful Shinrya women a little more joy. In fact, the women noticed nothing but two simple statues that had appeared from the very earth, forming themselves into a shape that would be pleasant to look at; it just so happened they fashioned themselves after the elder Shinrya woman in one of her forms at least.

Though the comment was made flippantly about the statues being messengers, the statues heard the talk in its entirety. They knew the reason for the women’s arrival, and the statues had been waiting for a while for such magnanimous Shinrya women to show up at this exact spot. As the two Shinrya moved on from the Statues, nature reached out once more and spurred the statues into action. At that moment, unbeknownst to the Shinrya women, the world outside their temple was changing in ways that mere mortals would not be able to fathom, but this is why the real thinking is left to Kitsune. As the two women set themselves down for prayer, so too did the true Kitsune enter the temple.

At the beginning, their presence was hidden completely. The two foxes slowly padded up and around the shrine while the women began their prayers. Then the big Kitsune placed her gifts to the Kami Inari, which was the most interesting thing that the two small kitsune had seen in a mighty long time. In fact, they were so intrigued that they waited until the two women were so engrossed in other things and then padded right up to the main shrine. It was then that the women would be able to feel something, if they were willing, of the tiny fox presences that resided with them.
[col]
TKtHoQct.jpg

Tenko|
S9xFhAtt.jpg

Myobu[/col]​
“I can’t believe this is the first sake of the year, it doesn’t taste all that good.” The first fox, darker in color, was somehow fumbling the bottle of sake into his snout and sipping at the finest Shinrya wine. The second fox, smaller and lighter in color, had the small bracelet loosely dangling from one paw, spinning it around as if it was a hoop."This is real pretty though. Whoever made it must have known my favorite color was green.” The two foxes bounced around for a moment on the shrine before bounding off and running circles around the women, the one bracelet clinking against the floor. “I am Myobu.” The darker one said. “I am Tenko,” echoed the lighter one. “Who are you two?” The last statement was said in perfect harmony from the two little foxes, and then the bounced around some more, spilling the rice over onto the shrine floor.
Sorry if it isn't the best start, but I wanted to get something started so you guys aren't waiting too too long.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
What does one even pray to a god you’re not entirely certain exists?

Kahako silently wondered this as she stood before the bell. She clapped twice and bowed, keeping her head low when Kitsune offered her wine and rice. ‘Please help give me proper guidance into the next season, I guess?’ she silently thought to herself before clapping twice.

She listened intently to Kitsune’s customs. This was the first time they really had a moment to sit and talk about what it actually meant to be a Shinrya. It wasn’t just wealth and nobility. It was also years of deep seated tradition, and honor to not only the government, but to the land. It a sense, Kahako felt a little humbled by how life brought her here, to this family. Maybe she owed more to Inari than she thought.

As they both began to move away from the main shrine and upwards toward the mountain path, another question formed. “Does Miyako come with you often when you come here?” She wondered mildly if her sister held the same beliefs that her mother did.

But a small voice caught her attention just before the answer could come. “I can’t believe this is the first sake of the year, it doesn’t taste all that good.” Kahako’s head turned in aghast at who would think to drink wine given to a god. Did they want to be smited from where they stood?

But perpetrator was the last person… and creature… she would have thought to have done such a thing. Standing a small ways from them, the two small foxes inspected what was left at the small shrine. "This is real pretty though. Whoever made it must have known my favorite color was green,” said what could have been the most adorable creature the Sennin had seen in her life.

The metal clinked against the stone path as the two kitsune pranced about her and her mother, introducing themselves and asking their names in return. “Shinrya Kahako…” she said, slightly at a loss as to A) what to say to a fox speaking to you that you really wanted to pet, B) what to say to a fox who just defiled a shrine, and C) how to address said fox, when their god was enshrined in said shrine they defiled.

“Ano… Teneko… sama… should you be doing that to a gift to Inari-sama?” she asked, as she rose her hands in worried protest.

MFT

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
”Usually.” Kitsune answered. ”But she opted to remain in Kumogakure this time around. I figure she wanted to see more of the city before having to visit home again.” she chuckled. And who could blame her? She had spent 18 years in the province, never leaving it. Now she was finally going places and seeing things. It was probably too exciting for her to want to stop now. Kitsune then turned upon hearing the voices behind her, and much to her surprise, it was two small fox kits. Though, given Kitsunes experience with speaking animals, she wasn’t exactly surprised to hear them talk, but she WAS surprised to see them taking the offerings that had just been left there.

With a slightly raised eyebrow, Kitsune replied to the small foxes ”Shinrya Kitsune, current matriarch of the Shinrya clan.” she’d say, before looking first at Tenko, then at Myobu. ”Kahako-chan. I get the distinct feeling that these two are messengers. Remember the story I told you as we came here? Myths are born from legends. Legends are born from history. And history is born from truth.” she told her daughter, before once again focusing on the two little kits.

”As for the sake, Myobu-sama, it’ll grow on you~” she said with a light laugh. ”It took me a long time to appreciate the subtle flavors in it too. Though… I must admit. I find myself at a loss, right now. I can’t imagine what would bring you two here, at this very moment…” she paused after her last words, and ran a hand through her mane of red hair. ”Could it be to see if the gifts were satisfactory for Inari-sama?”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The two foxes literally hopped, as if influenced by a certain cloud shinobi both women were fond of, around the two Shinrya vixens. Though foxes had no facial faculties in order to show outward emotion, you could just tell they were happy. The feelings of joy rolled off them and over the women. At one moment, even, Tenko and Myobu bounded up, landed on the head of one of the Shinrya women, did a little fox laugh and jumped back down. Their antics were cute, to say the least, but in the end, they stopped opposite of the shrine. All the while, they had been listening to the women and formulating their response.

“You got one thing right outta that, one-kitsune. The sake does grow on ya!” Myobu gave Kitsune an honest-to-Raiden fox wink and took another small drag of the sake that somehow had magically reappeared in his paws. After the drag, the sake bottle was gone, and upon inspection, the girls would see it was back on the shrine, perfectly intact. Tenko, however, would not put down that small bracelet, and instead chose to shake at it until it somehow exactly fit over her paw. “Yeah one-kitsune. We don’t know anything about messages. At least…. I don’t think there are any messages we have for beautiful women….” Tenko looked up and stroked her chin; her mind clearly wandering away from the current conversation.

Myobu, after staring at his sister for far too long mimicking the lost look on her fox face, took one paw and swatted Tenko which drew a sharp bark from her. The two stared at each other loathingly for just a moment, and then they both got a certain twinkle in their eye at the same time. Turning their heads in unison, they stared at the two women in front of them with the saddest fox faces they could muster up. “We may not be with Inari-sama, but we do need something from you two. There is a quest of the utmost importance that we need help with. Will you help us?” The two spoke at the same time in almost perfect unison, and they patiently awaited the response of their would-be helpers.

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Raiden-sama, these kits are cute.

Was really the only thought that wavered in and out of Kahako’s mind as Kitsune conversed with the small creatures. Was it the ever present bouncing? Or maybe the way they spoke and acted towards each other? In truth, it was probably because they were small, talking animals and Kahako loved poufy tails. Regardless, they were adorable, and it made it somewhat difficult for her to respond to their compliment.

But her dazed expression ended when both of them gave her the saddest look she could have ever seen on an animal. “Of course we’ll help, Myobu-sama, Tenko-sama,” she supplied without even looking at her mother to see if Kitsune was even interested. How could you look at faces like that and say no? You had to be a monster otherwise. A demon. Kahako looked at their mournful faces again. No, worse than a demon. You had to be the antichrist.

It was motherly instinct that caused her to bend down and scratch behind one of their ears. At least, that is what she would tell anyone who had asked why she touched a deity’s chosen creature without their consent. “Cheer up you two. I’m sure what needs to be done doesn’t require such sad faces.” She said with a calm smile.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune blinked at the two tiny foxes and their antics, including suddenly having a fox kit on her head, then not having one. It was an altogether strange day, but not too outside the norm for Kitsune, who already had experience with talking animals. Though… They were cats, and not foxes. But she didn’t put it outside the realm of possibility that there were other kinds of talking animals. She scratched her head and looked at the two foxes. ”Well, of course we’ll help.” she said and knelt down and, like Kahako, scratched one of them behind the ear. It was just irresistible. They were just too cute for their own good.

Of course, now came the question. What did the two foxes need done? And how would Kahako and Kitsune be able to handle helping them? ”But before we can help, we kinda need to know what we gotta do.” she said, chuckling and picking one of the two foxes up. Surely none of them would mind getting that kind of treatment from one of the more well-endowed women of the clan.

[A short one. But lets get the show on the road. :D]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tenko and Myobu both jumped up when the buxom beauties agreed to be tortur… help out. In fact, the kip noise they made probably melted the hearts of the two women, causing thier wombs to ache even. The two small foxes bounded around the two in circles, somehow in a non-threatening way, totally not like jungle cats circling their prey. All the while they did their weird dance, the women would be able to notice a weird aura radiating off of the two foxes. Though they would not know what it was, and in the end, they coudln’t As they jumped around, happy as can be, they both spoke in unison. “We need to find our mom! We lost her sometime ago! She said all we would have to do is go to the hill! She would wait for us there! Take us there!”

Without waiting for an answer, the two immediately broke from the beauties and ran to the entrance of the temple. For just a moment, they turned around and gave both of the women a genuine fox-wink. With the power of foreshadowing on their side, they left the women behind them, knowing that they would follow. Outside, the whole world was different. Though the temple to Kami Inari was standing exactly as it should, the surrounding area was drastically different. The path leading out of the temple was lined with cherry blossom trees, and past that a forest spread out wide. Past even that there was an area of desert that abruptly ended at a towering volcano. Clearly, they weren’t in Kumo anymore.

Tenko and Myobu would wait until the women could get their heads together and take in the sights, and then they would both say one single thing. “Take us Take us to the hill!”

Shinrya Kahako

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Quick to react, Kahako followed after the two bounding, bouncing creatures as they made their way out of the temple. “Mother…” she mumbled as she looked towards the desert and volcano in the distance. “I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kumo anymore…” The unusual landscape was not a commonality to their country. Of course, she had seen them in movies and books, but never in real life. But now was not the time to gawk at the scenery.

“By ‘hill’ do you mean that mountain?” Kahako asked as she pointed to the monstrosity in the distance. If this was the case, she was more than ready to get their journey started, as their options were to either walk for hours, or exhaust their chakra to make the journey move by a little quicker. Kahako chose to begin walking.

“What caused you to be separated from your mother?” Kahako asked as she followed the kitsune. All the while she kept her guard up, and scanned the forest they were in. Something told her that their mother may not have met a desirable situation. Being a mother herself, Kahako certainly couldn’t conceive of a reason why she would leave kits as young as these alone in the world unless it was to protect them.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Kahako and Kitsune exited the temple, Kahako mumbled that they might not be in Kumo anymore. ”To be fair, Kahako-chan, we haven’t been in Kumo for a lot longer than these current events.” Kitsune said with a giggle, pointing out that they left Kumo many hours ago to travel to the province. ”It’s not really like there’s any other hills nearby. So that’s most likely it, yes.” she decided after a quick look around the horizon ”I wish I had brought a camera. It’d make for some pretty neat pictures.” she mumbled following Kahako and the two kitsune.

”I’m curious about that as well, actually. And more importantly, do you know where on the hill exactly you were supposed to meet? I mean, it’s a pretty big place, so…” Kitsune trailed off at the end, looking at the foxes as they walked. Two little bundles of speedy energy they were. It was strange how energetic they were despite all the hocus pocus they had done in the past couple of moments. Then again, maybe they drew upon bigger powers than Kitsune could see right now. Who knew?

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The foxes stopped in their tracks as almost identical questions came from both the buxom beauties. In fact, neither of the two had ever stopped to think that these women would want to know why these things happened. Instead, they had hoped it would be more of a follow the leader type of thing. However, the women were smart enough to at least ask for some basic facts. The two foxes looked at each other and gave each other a knowing look, then they turned to the women and in unison said, “As to why she is separated from us, well, she had some errands to run and needed us to stay put over here, but she has been gone too long. She said that if she took too long we were to find help and make our way to the hill… The top of the hill of course, silly Kitsune!” Both the foxes gave a chuckle and bounded forward down the path. After going a few yards they looked back at the women. “Come on, come on!”

After the women would inevitably follow the foxes. The walk would be easy, the foxes not bad company despite their energy. However, as time went by, the four members would start to get an inkling feeling, because the row of trees seemed to never end. Though, maybe this was just a suspicion….

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back