Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Grubba-Grub-Grub (Open)

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
giphy.gif

RP said:
The walk back to civilization had been a long one, this time a bit further for Kyōshi and his rag-tag band of academy students. He walked slowly, enjoying the high-mountain climate as the group worked their way toward Dawnbringer's Plaza. This was home to Kyōshi's favorite yakiniku restaurant, Hi Guriru. An hour and some change passed, and the crew finally found their way into the center of Dawnbringer's Plaza. The children would see a magnificent stone memorial in the center of the square, with people buzzing by at a much higher frequency. This was one of the busiest areas of the city, and today was no different. Kyōshi turned to his students briefly, and pulled the cigarette from his mouth. "Stay close, it's easy to get lost in the crowd here. The restaurant is just over there in the case you get lost. It's called Hi Guriru." Kyōshi began to literally push through people, trying to clear a path for the kids. Hopefully one of them wouldn't get lost in the crowd, but life happens.

---

He finally made it to the door of the restaurant, as he waited for the kids to fall in line. He turned to the hostess. "Five, please. Also, outdoors. Thank you." Off to the right of the front door was a sizeable fenced-in area to the restaurant, perfect for those who wanted to eat barbecue while enjoy the crisp mountain air. Or smoke, as was Kyōshi's case. The hostess led them to a table big enough for he and the kids, and some. Apparently there were no five-tops available. As the kids found their chairs, Kyōshi would turn to the lady and order a platter of brisket, beef tongues, pork belly, and kalbi for grill items, all accompanied with rice. He also ordered the world-famous Calamari Supreme Spicebowl, a delicacy like none other served on this planet. If the students read their menus, it would read this, verbatim:
'You cut a coconut in half, insert calamari rings right? Then you close it back up and bake it in hot coals. After it's done roasting you drain the milk, then carve and chop up the coconut meat before frying it into crunchy strips. Then you make a sauce from the coconut milk, venom glands of authentic Wind Country spitfire salamanders, ground Maruishi Devil Peppers, and Konohan Fire Whiskey. Take and mix all that together in the coconut halves, and then garnish with rare Ash Bamboo sprouts (even harder to obtain now that Mist has frozen over!) to create the ultimate in seafood perfection!'TM Shashu
This would be more than enough food for all of them, and allow the kids to pick and choose what they wanted. He then sat down at the table in whatever spot was open. "And what would everyone like to drink today?" Kyōshi cleared his throat. "A glass of Shinryan Whiskey, on the rocks. And whatever it is they want." Yes, he realized it was lunch time. But whiskey is good any time of day. He motioned for the closest person to him to order.

OoC said:
Topic Created, lets have some fun

Drink Menu!
To my knowledge, no legal age for consumption. Drink away, kiddies!
P.S. you aren't confined to that menu, order whatever you'd like

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As he arrived in the restaurant his instructor showed them, Yuu was a little dismayed at the fact he had to eat at a place like this. But then again, he was still embarrassed from the results of the class he took earlier, so he decided to endure it for a while. Thankfully, he saw Sumato-sensei ordered some barbecue as promised. As for the drinks however, he was less excited at the menu he found on the table as they were all alcohol and sake. There was no legal age on drinking in this village, but he did followed his parents' instructors not to drink those kind as he fear it might impaired his training.

"I'll just have any kind of juice you have." He said to the waiter when his instructor motioned at him before he waited for the others' orders for the drinks. "I'm not a big fan of those drinks in the menu.

(OOC: Continued from here.)

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kai managed to stick with them as they pushed through the crowd of people in the Dawnbringer's Plaza. As they arrived at the Hi Guriru restaurant Kyōshi-sensei brought them this day, he followed to the outside table sensei got for the group. After he sat down, Kyōshi-sensei ordered a dish that would serve the whole group, to which he would anticipated the calamri and seafood portion. After a bit of time the waitress came for them to order their drinks. Most of the menu was alcohol or sake as he read it, as it seems there was no legal age on drinking in the village. Yuu wasn't t9 excited it seems either and decided to order any juice they had. "The people's tea" was green tea but it was mixed into rice for sake, so Kai went for pure. "I'l just take any regular iced tea you have," Kai said making his order. He ordered similar to Yuu had but with his own beverage of choice and waited for the others to order. After which it was only a matter of time before the food came.

[Topic Entered]

Tokugawa Hanzo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tokugawa Hanzo, donned in his full traditional regalia, looked on from the couple's table where he was seated in the outside dining area of Hi Guriru (which is, of course, quite the bland name for a restaurant). His long, wizard-like pipe began to gently reduce its smoke output from that of neatly packed tobacco to smoldering resin. The gin and tonic, the fourth he had ordered, was sweating in the daytime sun. The glass was astonishingly full considered Hanzo's nigh unquenchable thirst. He always got this way whilst writing his plays.

Some small commotion drew his eyes away from the rear end of the waitress he was ogling as he turned to see a few children follow a man who seemed like the most cool of cucumbers. The man sat down, cigarette in mouth, and had the audacity of ordering whiskey on the rocks in front of his, Hanzo assumed, students under his tutelage. From the outset, he liked this man. He had the cajones to be himself even in front of such impressionable young minds. Hanzo knew he had to take action. He called over a waitress and said, "Excuse me, miss. Get that man over there some of what I am having, stat. I am a doctor, and he needs his medicine." He managed to spurt all of this out due to his intoxication. Normally he would not be able to so much as gaze upon such a beauty as this waitress without becoming tongue tied. He passed her the Yen necessary to cover the cost plus a generous tip.

Before the waitress had even placed the drink order at the bar, Hanzo was up and about. He began to quite unsteadily move toward the captivating man, ensuring to bring his latest literary work with him. As he approached the table, he could not tell if the children who peered at him were terrified, disgusted, or amused. It mattered not. He leaned over to the man and whispered, "I been writing this one for an audience such as yourself. Care to take a gander?" The gin could easily be smelled on his breath, the juniper berries and botanicals creating an almost pine-like scent mixed with that of barbeque which he had previously ingested. If the man were to even feign interest in this grand new literary work he would see that the title was The Girl with the Starfish Tattoo. Unbeknownst to the untrained reader, this story was not about a girl with a tattoo of a starfish anywhere on her body per se. It was the story of the misadventures of a woman with a tattooed starfish, if'n they comprehended what the author meant. Hanzo was sure the man would find this amusing as he slumped to the side of the man's chair in anxious excitement.

Mizushima Hiroko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiroko was just happy to finally get to eat. She was starving! The long walk back had made her even hungrier than before. She was quite happy that Kyōshi-sensei had ordered a lot of food. Especially the Calamari Supreme Spicebowl. 'That sounds delicious'! she thought. Hiroko was always a big fan of sea food. After Kai ordered Hiroko figured she would be next, due to the fact that she was sitting next to him. She took a glance at the menu and noticed that all the drinks were alcoholic beverages. Even though there was no legal drinking age in Kumo, she decided to play it safe and go with some nice, hot, herbal tea. "C-can I get some Hot chai tea? W-With a cinnamon stick if possible. T-Thank you." Just as they had finished ordering their drinks someone had walked up to their sensei and was talking about something. All Hiroko managed to tell was that the man had been drinking, and frankly that's all she cared to know. She just went ahead and pulled out one of her cards from her backpack and started to twirl it in her fingers, awaiting the arrival of their food.

Aoyama Yukiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yukiko stayed close to the others as instructed.When they arrived at the restuant, sensei order alot of food, and her mouth watered. food sounds really good right aobut now. She took seat, and listened to the others order, while reading her menu. Notihng really appealed to her on it, and she went with the probably safest option. "Err.. yeah, can I just get a glass of water?" She said, as she never was a fan of most other drinks. She set the menu aside and waited for the food. A strange man, who smelled and looked like he'd been drinking, approached and started talking to sensei. She rolled her eyes, and promptly ignored the man, instead glancing at Hiroko with her cards, then to Yuu and Kai. Interested in a little conversation, she asked a question of her classmates. "So, how did you guys become interested in being ninja?" was her question, just for the use of a bit of chatting. The question was directed at all three of her classmates, even though she had said guys. She waited for a reply as well as food, her hunger nawing at her stomach.

[Topic Entered]
(OOC: Sorry for the delay...)

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sonoko%20Icon_zpskk6ys9h3.jpg

Mochizuki Sonoko

Sonoko lightly rested her cheek upon her hand as she looked over the papers in front of her. Since retiring from her ANBU life, the woman had taken it upon herself to become a full-time teacher. Due to her more traditional ways, she was often the one asked to give written exams and grade them, which she didn't mind in the least. However, it could be a bit draining when the class clowns or the trouble makers decided they didn't want to actually do as they were told. She sighed as she stared at the crude drawing a certain boy had thought would get a laugh. She scribbled it out and made a personal note of the child's name. She would not punish him for such an act. Children did such things for attention, or so she believed. Therefore if she didn't give it notice, hopefully the habit would die out.

She pinched the bridge of her nose as her eyesight went blurry. She'd been grading papers all day, and it was beginning to take its toll. She lifted her eyes from the exams to survey her surroundings. She had taken a seat at a lone table in the outdoor section of Hi Guriru. She came here often, though it wasn't as much for the food, but for the person she knew who favored this restaurant. As if Raiden was looking out for her, Sonoko saw the person she was thinking of, Kyōshi. She smiled and shook her head. Of course he had a damn cigarette in his mouth. No matter how often she urged him to quit, he refused. He claimed he physically couldn't, but she knew better. Even if they hadn't interacted much, she picked things up while observing him in the ANBU.

Sonoko's eyes widened as she saw who followed the man. A trail of four academy students, who looked like baby ducks following their mother. Her smile broadened and her eyes sparkled. There was nothing more attractive to her than a man who loved kids. Collecting her papers, she placed them in a brief case she used to transport school work. Keeping her finished work separate from what she still had left, she clicked it closed and stood from her chair. She wanted dearly to join these children, get to know them, maybe teach them a thing or two.

As she prepared to approach the group, she saw a familiar young man stumble over to the table. It was Hanzo, a teen who sat in on a class she'd given. She could see his sloppiness even from here, and she frowned. He had been such a polite boy while class was in session, it was a shame to see him in such a state. She analyzed the seating arrangement and formulated a plan of action. There were two seats extra, which was quite convenient, and they were next to each other. The woman disappeared into the shadows, and a black mass could be seen quickly jumping from shadow to shadow that the tables created. Any of the more observant children, and most certainly Kyōshi, would be able to see the black shadow creep slowly behind the intoxicated Hanzo. With the skills granted to her by her Opportunistic nature, Sonoko shot up from the shadow and grabbed Hanzo by the back of his collar. She hooked the nearby chair with her foot, and in a fluid motion, dragged the chair towards Hanzo and gently pulled him into it. He was still facing Kyōshi, and pretty close to him, but was now seated. She then took the seat beside him, putting herself between Hanzo the inebriated and whichever unfortunate child had been seated near the bumbling boy. Whether the older teen struggled against Sonoko or not, he couldn't escape her action. She had, after all, had practice keeping her rowdy siblings in line.

She gave the children a warm smile. "I hope you don't mind the intrusion. I just couldn't help but join in." She gave a bow of her head along with a quick introduction. Some of the children might recognize Sonoko as a teacher from the school. She may have taught a class they had taken before, but it was possible the newer ones had not. She definitely recognized Yuu, and she had heard about Kai from Sonoko's sister, Tama. The woman turned her attention to Hanzo, giving him a stern look, but kept her smile. "Perhaps a nice cup of coffee would do you some good. I'll pay." She motioned for the waitress who was now passing out everyone's drinks to get a mug. She finally looked to Kyōshi, but said nothing. She simply gazed at his face for a moment before returning her attention to the children.

As she had approached, Sonoko caught the black-haired girl's question to the other children. In response, the teacher gave a single, light clap of her hands. "Oh, I would dearly love to hear all of your answers." Knowing why the children were becoming shinobi would help her better understand them, and help her to help them. She glanced at Kyōshi and tilted her head. "Perhaps your chain-smoking sensei would like to be the first to answer? That is, if he isn't too busy looking over Hanzo-kun's..." Sonoko paused as she leaned forward to get a better look at what Hanzo had placed before Kyōshi. The title caused the woman to cock an eyebrow before finishing her sentence. "...Interesting literature."

[Topic Entered with NPC]

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

RP said:
As the children went around the table and ordered their drinks, Kyōshi grew a little disheartened. The waitress walked away, and it seemed he was the only one to enjoy a nice alcoholic beverage for lunch. He took a drag from his cigarette as he heard the young man in the corner order a drink for him. Based off of his speech pattern, it turned out Kyōshi wasn't the only one to drink with lunch. Kyōshi sighed impatiently as the man began to stumble over to his table with drunken swagger, swaying to and fro before closing in super close to Kyōshi's face. Smelling the gin and tobacco off of his breath, Kyōshi was immediately disgusted. The guy should really learn social distances when he has breath as grotesque as that. He shook his head at the man. "As you can see, I'm in the middle of something, and you haven't an inkling of what kind of man I am. So, no thank you, I don't want to peruse your book at the moment, I'm a little busy if you couldn't tell."

It was at the end of his sentence when she made her move. She jumped from shadow to shadow, creeping in just behind the drunk. With his attempt to stall a success, Kyōshi nodded at the man at the same moment he was hooked and seated forcefully. She really was very skilled. He had noticed her when they walked in, the ex-ANBU Sonoko. Like him, she had turned to teaching and frequently graded papers at this restaurant, though she seemingly never ate at the same time. Of all the times he saw her here, Kyōshi could not remember her actually eating more than a handful of times. This was something he found curious. The waitress then came back around with the drinks, and he took his whiskey and a gin and tonic from Hanzo. Grasping the whiskey in his hand, he let the gin remain on the table. He wasn't the biggest fan. He heard Sonoko order a coffee for the drunken man, claiming she would pay for it. This wouldn't fly. This was his dinner table, after all. "No, that won't do. I'll pay for the coffee as well as whatever Sonoko-chan would like, if she would join us." When saying the last comment, his eyes met Sonoko's. He smirked and motioned toward an empty chair at the table, right next to Yukiko-chan. Diverting his gaze from the woman before him, his attention went to Yukiko and her question. Before anyone else could answer, he heard a small clap come from his left, emanating from the dainty teacher. "How many times have I told you, it's an addiction." A smile escaped from his usual deadpan face as Sonoko called him out on his vices. Looking at the blue-haired beauty gazing at him, it was apparent to Kyōshi that he was now on the spot. Kyōshi didn't understand why, but he also noticed that he was generally more expressive when she was around. She made his normal cold demeanor had sudden glimpses of warmth and happiness. This was bizarre to the jounin. He hadn't experienced this before. He pulled the cigarette from his mouth and pushed the papers toward Hanzo without glancing at them. "No, I'm not even sure what this is." This was a lie of course, Kyōshi was well aware that this man was an aspiring author. He just dismissed him to seem disinterested. "Let's see. I wasn't so much interested in becoming a shinobi. The village actually came to me. I was a chakra-sensitive child living with my family out in the farmlands of Lightning Country, and they offered me a spot in the academy. After a while, this brain of mine and hard work landed me a spot in the ANBU as a trainee before I was thirteen. Apparently they saw something they liked. But from there, I joined the Raikage's Guard and now I'm here. And I suppose that's it." Kyōshi leaned back and sipped on his whiskey as everyone began exchanging stories. He would occasionally glance at Sonoko-chan, but catch himself and divert his eyes back to whomever was speaking. The master analyst couldn't understand why he kept looking back, but he just couldn't help himself.

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Yuu initially thought this would be a lunch as a treat after their Genjutsu class. However, it turned into a big gathering when two adults joined them for lunch. The first one looked like a samurai in his perspective who somehow intoxicated by the drinks he took and showed some kind of story to everyone, which he worried about what it was about. The next one was a beautiful blue-haired woman who asked them to let her join in the fun. "It was supposed to be the four of us students and our instructor, but we wouldn't mind anyone joining us for lunch." Yuu said with a kind smile as he knew it would be lonely even if he got company.

As Sumato-sensei began chatting with the other adults, Yukiko who just ordered her drinks along with the others asked on how he and his classmates were interested in becoming a ninja. Yuu has no hesitations on sharing his reasons since it was for protecting his family. "Well, I wanted to become a ninja just to protect my family and friends. Sure, it might be a dangerous job, but after an older ninja saved me and my siblings from a rogue 2 years ago, I decided to put my life on a line to protect them when I become a Genin."

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After the rest of the classmates finished ordering their drinks, a man who looked like he had been drinking had came over and was talking to sensei. He didn't quite catch what it was that sensei said to the man, but in a second he was forcefully seated by something from the shadows. A women appeared and apologized for intruding, and she seated herself between the man and Yukiko. She waved to the waitress passing out everyone's drinks to buy the drunken man a coffee at first, but Kyoshi-sensei offered to pay for the coffee and whatever the woman wanted instead. He turned his attention to Yukiko who asked a question to him and the others students about how they became interested in becoming shinobi.

Before they could answer he heard a small clap from the woman who joined them, who seemed interested in hearing their answers. She seemed nice and seemed to like children, maybe she was a teacher as well. She soon after suggested that maybe their sensei should go first, if he wasn't busy looking at the drunken man, Hanzo's book. As he seemed disinterested and dismissed the literature, Kyoshi-sensei gave his answer, followed by Yuu telling his. "Well, my mother was a kunoichi once, and I had been used to staying to myself when I was younger. So, I wanted to join the academy as well and become strong to go out on missions and see the world. But more recently, I'm fascinated with the elemental side of Ninjutsu and want to learn lots about it. Turns out the use of elemental Ninjutsu runs with shinobi in my mothers's family. I've made it this far, and ultimately, with enough training I want to learn each base element I hope," Kai told with a smile, cheerfully giving his answer in turn. He relaxed and sipped his tea while the others gave theirs.

[MFT, WC 315]

Tokugawa Hanzo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A Tale Most Dark and Gruesome said:
Hanzo had become thoroughly displeased with the turn of events. Here he had been, seeing a cool guy across the restaurant, and all he wanted to do was share his newest play. The man, apparently named Kyōshi, was definitely fronting. He had simply feigned disinterest because of his students, and more importantly, Sonoko. It appeared the two may have some sort of history, but Hanzo paid no mind to that now. He did not care. This woman whom he had recently shadowed for tips on teaching had sat him down in a chair, and he was now foisted into the table's conversation about origins. A young pupil was curious as the reasons why each person seated had decided to join the ranks of the ninja. This caused Hanzo, rosy-cheeked and barely managing to stay in his chair, to suddenly go stone-faced and stare just as the captain had. The liquor had lubricated his nervousness of speaking, much less sharing intimate details about himself.

"You wanna know why I joined the village? I never wanted to become a shinobi. Hell, I am the head of a clan of samurai. Why would someone like me want to ditch their ways and become a ninja? It was not by choice. When I was much younger, younger than even some of you guys, I wrote a letter to the hospital begging for them to teach me. My mother, her mother, and so on, were all herbalists in my native village. I had taken a liking to the practice, still do it today. Back then, I wanted to learn more.

Well, I got a letter back and off I went to Kumo as quite the young one. Well, time marched on, and I went back home to help the family make it through an extraordinarily harsh winter. That year, my father was killed saving my village from disaster. I became the head of the clan as a child, and I was left with the responsibility of training my two younger brothers in the ways my father had imbued in me. There was no desire to return here and become a full-fledged shinobi nor was there ever an opportunity.

Jump forward to the present. Not even a month ago, my entire village collapsed into the gaping maw of a fjord while I was training my brothers in the forest nearby. Everyone was gone, dead. We marched to Kumo, nearly starving, surviving off the hospitality of others, because this was the only opportunity we had. When we got here, I began to reestablish contact and pick up missions to support my brothers. They are all I have left in this world."
A cup of coffee was placed in front of Hanzo. He was not particularly fond of the beverage.

He stood up, packed his pipe with tobacco from a pouch he had brought with him, and struck a match. "Keep the play. Let me know what you think." Smoke began to trail from his pipe, and he began to collect himself and go back to his own table as a tear rolled down his cheek.

Mizushima Hiroko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiroko was actually a little happy that Yukiko asked why they all wanted to become ninja. At that thought, and older woman about Kyōshi-sensei's age walked over to the table interested in all of the stories. Upon Sonoko's request, Kyōshi-sensei started with the stories. The man named Hanzo had a very touching story and it warmed Hiroko to know she wasn't the only one without parents or family here. "W-Well, I would like to become a k-kunoichi to protect Granny Yuuka. She t-took me in a couple years ago a-and started to teach me the w-ways of the kunoichi, other cultures and such. I-It would make me feel as though... I-I... am doing something. I know it would also make her proud." Hiroko looked away from the group, embarrassed because of her stuttering and also because that's the most she's ever told anyone about her life. She was afraid people might treat her differently if they knew the whole story. Nervous, she pulled out a card and started to twirl it in her fingers, waiting for Yukiko to go.

Aoyama Yukiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yukiko listened to those that replied, and smiled to the new lady who joined them. She turned to look at each person as they shared, noting certain points she found, maybe admirable. "Guess it's my turn." She said, then paused to gather her answer, "Well, my dad was a shinobi, and he taught me a bit about his way of life. After he died, I decided to follow in his footsteps, it would make him proud if he was still around." She paused, for half a second, then added, "I guess it's also to protect my mother as well." She then turned to the newest newcomer, showing that it was now her turn. She settled back in her chair, to wait, though her eyes briefly drifted to the young drunk man who was gathering his things and getting ready to go. She returned her eyes to the lady, and watched.

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sonoko gave Kyōshi a smile and nod of thanks for covering the coffee. She said nothing at his mention that his smoking was an addiction, feeling that debating that in front of the kids was in poor taste. He was the first to tell his reason for becoming a shinboi, which happened to be that he didn't choose the shinobi life, the shinobi life chose him. She could relate to that. Next was Yuu-kun, who had joined because he was inspired by a shinobi a few years back, and that he now wanted to protect his family. An admirable reason, for sure. Kai-kun was up, revealing his transition from desiring strength, to acquiring knowledge. She rather liked that response, being a teacher. Hanzo-kun's response took a turn for the depressing as he recounted the destruction of his village. Sonoko's smile was gone, and her gaze held pity for the drunken boy beside her. To have so many people perish while he was away, it must have been hard on him and his brothers. But she hoped he would focus on the silver lining, that his brothers had made it through, and they had each other to support. She made a mental note to keep a look out for his brothers, so that she may be able to help in some small way one day.

Hanzo-kun departed from the group, leaving his coffee untouched. Not liking to be wasteful, Sonoko pulled the mug in front of her as the purple-haired girl spoke. Protection, mixed with purpose was the girl's reasoning, and Sonoko nodded once before sipping the coffee. Next up was the black-haired girl, who wished to live as her father did, as well as protect her mother. Sonoko smiled, happy to hear that the children had a less jaded view of the world compared to poor Hanzo-kun. She made a mental note to look up the names of the sweet girls at the table, as well as any other new students that may have been added since she last checked the roster. Seeing eyes on her, Sonoko looked into her coffee, her thumb rubbing the handle. "My mother was a kunoichi who retired so she could be with the leader of a traveling performance troupe. However, in order to get permission to do so, she had to make a deal with the village. Any of her children with chakra potential, or any members of the troupe in general who could control chakra, were to be sent to the academy for training. I, as well as all my other siblings, inherited mother's ability to control chakra." Looking to the children and Kyōshi, she smiled. "I didn't choose to become a kunoichi per se, but I don't regret it. If I hadn't, I would have never met all you lovely children." She gave a side glance to Kyōshi. "Or any of the other lovely shinobi in my life."

She took another sip of her coffee before shifting the subject a little. "I think we can agree that the reasons presented today are marvelous. Wanting to protect those we care about gives us a strength generally unmatched by any other motive." She gave Kai-kun a wink. "And as a teacher, I do approve of seeking knowledge as well. A love of knowledge makes learning much easier." She looked over all the children again. "So, now that you four have two sensei here at your disposal, were there any questions you had for us?" It was no surprise that Sonoko would turn this into a learning opportunity. They could ask questions, or change the subject if they didn't have anything in mind or didn't want to ask publicly.

Akuro Kunashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths

RP said:
He pulled the ashen cigarette from his mouth, and flicked it to the side. He pulled out his pack and gently tapped it on the table as the children began rounding the table with the answers to Yukiko's inquiry. All were honorable, but the mood turned sour as Hanzo reminisced on his obliterated home. Kyōshi could not relate to this type of loss in the slightest, but he felt empathy for the young man, though his face remained emotionless. Complete loss of everything one has ever known is tragic, and to see this man be the way he is now is a good sign. People have went off the deep end for less. Kyōshi has seen it firsthand, and had to put an end to it. Hanzo then removed himself from the situation, leaving Kyōshi with the copy of his play. Kyōshi made a mental note to thumb through it later when he was alone, and then track down Hanzo. The boy had been through so much, and all he wanted was to be heard. It was the least Kyōshi could do.

It was then the girls' turn to speak, and Hiroko unveiled that she was orphaned. Her caretaker, a Granny Yuuka was her driving force. To Kyōshi, Hiroko almost seemed as if she felt indebted to this woman for keeping her safe for this time. Kyōshi thought that her decision to keep Granny Yuuka safe in return was admirable. Yukiko then spoke of living up to her father and keeping her mother safe. Good motives. And then Sonoko spoke. Her story was rather similar to Kyōshi's. A chakra-sensitive child that was pushed into the academy without much choice. And like Kyōshi, she never would have wished differently. Kyōshi watched her as she spoke, and then caught the sideways glance thrown his direction. Lovely? Not a word Kyōshi would use to describe himself, but the fact that she directed the comment to him caught him off-guard. The look was entirely intentional, the behavioral expert caught on to at least that much. Kyōshi's deadpan face cracked a slight grin, but he quickly placed a cigarette in his mouth to cover it up. He blocked the wind in front of his lighter and burned the end of his cigarette as Sonoko invited the children to ask any question they would like. When Kyōshi got his cigarette lit, he would put his lighter away and wordlessly open himself up to questions, keeping an eye out for his food, which should come out momentarily.

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
After he answered her question and listened to the others' answers, Yuu became curious at his classmates even more. However, he was a little disturbed at the man's past, which he rather not know more about it. But he was still felt guilty at the others' stories. While he came to the academy by his own free will, one of them came by force. Although he can't blame them, he wished he can something for that girl. But he can't butt into other's personal life as he thought of it of being rude. Instead, he decided ask something as Sonoko-san suggested while he won't forget their stories in his heart. Besides, he needed to pass more time before the food arrives and the fact he was starving.

"Well, I got one. I was wondering what you guys are doing while not on a mission or classes. I tended to help out my neighbors while I tried to practice on my jutsus and my swordplay. Although, the swordplay part was really tough considering I never done so in the first place." As he said this, he remembered that he had to go through many books about Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and Taijutsu and attending classes to learn more about them. Also, the fact he never wielded a sword still annoyed him, but he did improve a lot during his time in the Academy. But enough about himself, Yuu then waited for the others to answer as he was too curious at what they were doing during free time.

[MFT/WC: 255]

Shizu Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
They all gave there answers as Kai continued to sip his tea. It was a nice iced tea, pretty well-brewed, and he occasionally let an ice cube melt in his mouth. After listening to each of the other's answers, he felt sad hearing the man's past, who lost everything altogether in one tragic event. As for the students around him, Kai noticed they all had protecting someone in common. It may have differed from his more recent reason of acquiring knowledge, but he was glad that it was approved by Sonoko all the same. He agreed with her that the reasons said here today were good, and was glad that he had some support in what he was doing. Afterwards, Sonoko asked if they had any questions for the teachers now that they had two there.

Instead, Yuu had asked what the others are doing when not on a mission or classes."I.. help my mother in her flower shop while sometimes getting to study and practice Ninjutsu in her old dojo/study room." He relucted helping out in the flower shop at first, but the dojo/study times make it worthwhile. He enjoyed spent time in the study full of detailed books on Ninjutsu, and in the dojo practicing Ninjutsu and staff Taijutsu. The staffs had an affinity toward special composition - ninjutsu augments, bringing Ninjutsu into the Taijutsu. Finished, he then waited for the others' answers to the question Yuu had asked. Time would pass further more until the food arrives and they can all eat. [MFT, WC 257]

Edit: Once they were finished, he would turn his attention back to asking Sonoko and Kyoshi-sensei questions. He was sure there was something he wanted to know, something that was still unknown since his encounter with said other students at the academy. "I have one that I might want to ask. Is there a way to determine what one's affinity element is? I.. was wondering because I've heard that would be the easiest element for me to learn." He was just genuinely eager to find out and get started on what he hoped to accomplish. He wanted to find out as certain and quick as he possibly could, so he wouldn't have to go guessing at elements, or if maybe there wasn't usually a clear way to tell and he would have to wait.

Mizushima Hiroko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After all of their reasons were said, Sonoko opened the floor for the children to ask her and Kyōshi questions. Yuu started them off by asking what everyone does in their free time. "I-I practice throwing w-with my cards. I-I have kind of turned my wall into a target. I also c-collect different cards, and r-read about Genjutsu, Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, and other practical things. She stopped twirling the card that was in her hand and set it on the table for everyone to see. Then picked it back up and continued to spin it, waiting for Yukiko.

Aoyama Yukiko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yukiko listened to Sonoko's answer and nodded. All the reasons seemed alright, though the drunken man's story had been sad. Yuu asked a question after Sonoko opened the floor for questions. His question was answered by Hiroko and Kai, with interesting answers. SHe looked at the card Hrioko placed down, very briefly, before thinkign up ehr own answer. "I spend my free time with my mother." Was her reply, short simple, and to the point. She didn't really have much else to say about that subject. She looked to Kai as he asked a question about elements and affinties to them. She would wait until after the teachers answers were given, before asking her own question, as she was curious on the answer to his question as well.

"Miss Sonoko, what's your style of... well... fighting?" Yukiko asked the older lady, quite curious. She enjoyed learning about peoples preferances on fighting styles, as she had yet to figure out what hers would be. Her father had tried to teach her on that particular subject, but it had always been something she had trouble with. She shifted in her seat, waiting for the food to arrive. Her eyes drifted to Hiroko, and her cards. She shifted her gaze to kai, who seemed truely interested in elements, then finally to Yuu, who she had yet to figure out. She looked back to Sonoko-sensei and waited for answer. After food arrived, she'd try and talk with her classmates a bit more. Maybe get to know them better, make friends.
{MFT-WC 256}

Tanuki Rinko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was glad that Yuu-kun had asked his question, as it was opening up the children to both teachers and friends. She smiled cheerfully, happy to hear that all the students spent time with family or studies, sometimes both. It was interesting how little this children and her own siblings had in common. Most of them had slacked off in the studies department, preferring to rely on their natural chakra talent and their Mochizuki Troupe training. As question circled its way around the table, Sonoko wondered if the children would even be interested in hearing what an old fuddy-duddy like her does in her free time.

What she received was another question from Yukiko. Sonoko took a moment to contemplate the answer. "Well, firstly, an answer for Yuu-kun's question. My free time is usually spent with my troupe. Believe it or not, these old, rickety bones can still perform. I mostly dance, though I still do some acrobatics from time to time." With that question out of the way, Sonoko focused on Yukiko's question. "As for my fighting style, well..." Despite her earlier reflection, the woman still paused. As an ANBU, her style was simply known as survival. She would shut out the world and her emotions and complete the necessary mission without a thought on it. She was not fond of sharing such things. In fact, few knew of this colder side to Sonoko. Only ANBU comrades and her close family had seen what she could become when her life was on the line.

Pulling herself out of her thoughts, Sonoko smiled while furrowing her brow. "Ah, sorry. Just thinking on how to word it. I have a focus on Taijutsu, specifically using kunai in a melee fashion. I also know some hand-to-hand combat." She gave a joking smile as she pulled her arms up and flexed. It looked rather silly coming from such a dainty woman. She lowered her arms and returned to her answer. "I have been trained to spot the openings individuals create while fighting and to exploit them." Her smile fell slightly. "It's not the most honorable fighting style, but it gets the job done." The ANBU never were a moral sort. Sonoko turned her attention to Kyōshi to see how he would handle the question. He'll probably say drinking and smoking. If so, he needs to find a new hobby.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back