Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Hearts and why we need them [Lesson]

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Oba Kinnaku had sorted through a list of Medic-in-Training shinobi, and deemed it necessary that these selected men/women were to receive training. It was almost laughable that they hadn't received any classes in some time, what a shambles. Well all of that was going to change. Those she was teaching today were going to become fully fledged medical ninja within a year. That was her goal and as shown from their paperwork; they had been MiT's for a lengthy period of time. Still, Kinnaku did find it odd that they hadn't become medical ninja yet.

Regardless, the Sennin would have notified the lesson participants through the medium of letter. She was excited, something that you wouldn't really expect from a veteran of the medical field, but hey-ho, the spirit never did turn frail, bitter and old, did it?

The letter in-which the MiT's were contacted through would address them to come to the Caduceus Tower. That much was obvious, but the next part might not have been so obvious to those that had chosen to accept this lesson. Upon arrival, the participants would be directed to the Severe Burn Unit, a department that was often quite busy within the Tower - although, this lesson wasn't going to partake in the adult side of the Unit but the child side. Upon entering the two large swing doors that lead into the Burns Unit, there would be another set of doors; one to the left and another to the right. Both labelled however.

The students would be advised, in the letter, to enter the 'Child Unit' to the left, although it really wasn't hard to follow as they would be directed by any member of nearby staff. Whenever they would enter, they would enter a long ward, and immediately would be hit with a singed smell mixed with the calming coconut butter lotion rubbed onto lighter wounds. A herbal medicine that calmed the pain. After entering the ward, immediately to the left, one would be able to see a small office that was given to the Head Nurse - although, for today, it would be claimed by the Sennin who would wave in her new faces.

She was a kind woman with a soft heart.

Kinnaku styled a small crimped head of hair, a peach blouse that create a moderate 'v' on her chest. She wore a coddling black pencil skirt with a slight up the right thigh, so to help her move around much easily. And of course, as to not disappoint those fashion divas within the Village, Kinnaku styled some shinobi high heels. She wasn't wearing her coat, no, she didn't want the wear something that would hide her own flesh, as she knew that some of the more sensitive children wanted to see skin; odd, I know.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The adorable one known as Chizuru didn’t need directions on how to get around the tower, but still she read the instructions on the letter over and over again until she had it memorized…which may be kind of odd considering she already had the place memorized, but alas, one could never be to conscious. Dressed in her black and white nurse outfit, Chizuru was beaming with pride and the smell within the burn unit did little or nothing to hamper her spirits. It wasn’t a smell she was used to, but one she was more than capable of being able to tolerate. Upon seeing Kinnaku within, Chizuru would greet the woman with a most graceful curtsey.

“I am here to learn, Lady Kinnaku.”
Toycon___At_your_service_by_Golden_feline.jpg

Chizuru was always a modest dresser, choosing to hid most of her skin rather than show it. IT was quite rare when she showed off ample amounts of skin with any of her rather elaborate outfits, and today she was not breaking away from the norm. She was as modest as could be and only the skin along her arms could be seen.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The padding of comfortable white shoes can be heard by the patients behind pastel coloured curtains. A rapid clicking sound would be heard in tandem with the soft footfalls and any who can see under their shields would see four furry paws keeping pace with the shoes. Giddy twitters from the children who saw CuRua float up from behind Yume and brings a smile to her face. They always made an entrance even when they didn't mean to. Animals weren't really allowed in the Tower but Yume never went anywhere without her best friend and made a point of keeping him cleaner than most shinobi to remove any reasons why he couldn't join her. They share a grin, knowing that they just made a few children's day simply by showing up.

With a bow to the orderly, she offers her appreciation to the lady for taking the time to help. Yume could have found the location with out directions but she thought it essential to thank people for their kindness. Casting her eyes around the room once she stands up, she sees the little girl and wonders if she got the right day. Her attire was much different than Chizuru's in more than just colour. Contrasting with her light tan, Yume is clad in in a white sleeveless high-collared vest with fitted capris to match. On her waist was a belt with senbon for her acupuncture practices and a few kunai tucked into slots fashioned into her vest. In her normal attire, there would be a belt around her middle to carry such things but she found it non-conducive to working around others. Her turquoise hair had been french braided asymmetrically, starting on the right-side and working around the back of her head, guiding the tail of her hair over her left shoulder. She swept her bangs to the left and clipped them back with simple brass barrettes. Wrapped over the top of her hair is her forehead protector, indicating her loyalties were in both fighting and healing.

Are you sure this is right? Why is she so young, CooRoo?

This is the right place. I read the letter too. Do you think she could be a prodigy or something? I didn't think you were so far behind in your training.

I'm not behind. I just haven't taken the exam yet. I've been... busy

Trying not to stare at the little girl, Yume and CuRua exchange a short thought before announcing herself with a polite bow to Kinnaku.

Sagasu Yume, ma'am, of the Inuzuka clan. Chuunin MiT. I received a letter about a lesson... is this the right place?

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Motomori Korudo, a new comer to Sunagakure, was instructed to meet at the Tower for medical training. He was proficient in many medical ninjutsu due to his training with his clan, but he felt as if the tower could offer something. He headed for the arranged room, wearing his typical attire. He wore a sapphire blue hakama with a short open black vest, revealing most of his chest and three inches around his waist between the articles of clothing. He wore black leather fingerless gloves, and wooden sandals. Around his head he wore a sapphire blue headband that had the Motomori symbol on it's right side, the same symbol that rested on the back of his vest. The boy had dark tan skin and bright beautiful sapphire eyes. He had a single scar that rested along his chin, and small blue chakra crystals grew from the sides of his cheek bone and back up onto his ears. He was quite beautiful, not only was he a main branch decedent to the Motomori Clan, but he also had the blood of a Haku, improving even more so on the natural beauty in his clan.

As the boy entered the tower, he followed the directions on the letter and asked around to be directed to the correct room. As he entered he saw three women. The eighteen year old man was raised in a strict matriarch and because of this, he, out of habit, dropped to a knee and bowed his head to the women.

"Hello, I am Korudo of the Motomori Clan, Here as requested."<i></i>

He stood up and took in the details of the area. The head woman, oldest and seemingly the most powerful, wore the peach colored shirt, was accompanied with the child, dressed in a ridiculous doll outfit, and the woman with the canine companion.

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The first of the three was Yamazaki Chizuru, that name, where did she know that? Oba would give the young give a gentle way, followed by a tilted smile that expressed a subtly pleasantry about her. "Oh please," Kinnaku would say as the girl entered the office space, which upon entering was surprisingly large for one head nurse, raising her hand and putting it against the girl's shoulder - if she would allow for it. "Lady Kinnaku isn't needed. Please, call me 'Oba' or 'Kinnaku." Oh that's right, the girl that belonged to the Yamazaki Iori, the medical chief. She also came to visit Oba on her first day as Sennin. However her outfit didn't go unnoticed by the Sennin's keen eye, it was somewhat inappropriate for working in wards but then again... What was inappropriate nowadays?

The second person of the three to arrive was Sagasu Yume, who made quite the impression with the pitter-patter of soft padded paws echoing against her own clanking footsteps. "Oh my." Kinnaku would add, lifting her hand from Chizuru's shoulder and placing it against her lips; her expression read shock and confusion at the sight of such a creature, whom's hair was groomed to perfection. But what was the woman going to say at the appearance of such an animal, an animal within human healing grounds, one would be certain that a few hygiene rules were to be broken at the canine's simple appearance within the ward. "He is..." Her hand would not budge from her rosy red lips, "He is... Absolutely adorable." Kinnaku didn't know whether the dog was a male or female but it didn't matter; her heart was aflutter with the sight of such a darling looking beast. Really, the woman had an odd taste - after all, her own companions were kikai hidden beneath her flesh. Honestly, Oba was going to become totally transfixed by the creature until Yume uttered a greeting, which snapped her senses into order, and that caused her to retort kindly. "It's lovely to meet you, Yume. And who might this adorable young friend be? But yes, this is the correct place. I'm Oba Kinnaku, Medical Sennin" Obviously she would have to address Yume and the hygiene issues before entering the ward, but one must not ruin a first impression with such strictness. The children seemed enlightened by the canine's appearance rather than worried.

The third, and final, student of three to arrive was Motomori Korudo, who's attire showed a little too much chest flesh. "It's lovely to meet you, Korudo." She would bow her head and clasp her hands with a joyace face, happy to see that her future med-nin were all gathered together. "Before we enter the wards, I'd like to ask you all to please put on these protective sheets that cover our flesh from any physical contact, like our chests and what not." Kinnaku would turn away from the children, raising her hands and twinkling her fingers back and forth as her mind speculated to the location of those pesky plastic covers. It would take her a moment to sort through the cupboard, which had little-to-none, organizational structure. And then she found them, a compact box with an oval opening that allowed for one's fingers to pinch ahold of the plastic material.

"Take one each and put them over your clothing, and Yume, was it?" Kinnaku would say, inching her attention over to the canine - which she knelt down, somewhat like Korudo but not as respectfully, and looked towards the dog's chocolate hues. "This big guy is quite clean but he'll have to leave..." She placed her hand, those polished purple nails scrapped through his fur, and turned her gaze to Yume. "Is what I would say if I wasn't in charge. He can stay but he'll have to wear one of those sheets too, some of the children have allergies; not severe, and from their records they are receiving medication for that allergy."

[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was good to see that she wasn’t the only one that had come here for this class. Two people she had never met before had come in behind her and one even had a dog. Chizuru had been wondering about the proper state of dress within the facility, considering how different everyone was dressed, but she had not exactly received a proper uniform yet. It didn’t seem to matter too much since Kinakku had them all ‘wear’ the plastic covering anyhow.

“You will have to excuse me if I refer to you in a formal manner, milady. I admittedly am far to used to treating my superiors with the utmost respect. I shall do my best in order to maintain a less formal tone with you.”

Yume was correct in her thoughts about Chizuru being a prodigy. She was incredibly intelligent and was capable of learning things at an incredibly high rate of speed. So long as it interested her and she worked at it, there wasn’t much she couldn’t learn. Chizuru turns first to Yume to give her a greeting, granted it was with some nervousness. Her voice was just a bit shakey and not as confident as it was when she addressed Kinnaku.

“H-hello, Madam Inuzuka. I am Yamazaki Chizuru, pleased to meet you.”

She didn’t bow, instead she showed her respect with a curtsey. Next she’d turn to Korudo and repeat the gesture and he’d also receive a greeting.

“Pleased to meet you as well Sir Motomori.”

She could feel her heart begin to thump faster in her chest. Having to meet new people always gave her trouble though on the outside she looked as cool and calm as ever.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
CuRua couldn’t help but puff out his chest with pride when Kinnaku called him adorable. He loved receiving any form of attention and didn’t mind if those descriptions included cute, pretty, adorable, or any other seemingly ‘feminine’ quality. He does a little strut to show off his coat and tail before sitting beside Yume’s ankle so that she could properly introduce him.

His name is CuRua, Ma’am. He’s a dessert fox that has been with me since I was a child at the near-surface. Please to meet you, Oba-san…. I mean…. Kinnaku-san

The double meaning hadn’t occurred to Yume until she uttered the honorific with Kinnaku’s last name and it seemed a little rude to potentially be calling her aunty, especially since Yume really didn’t like her obasan. She looks at the young man that entered the class and is slightly taken back at his formal actions and the amount of respect he shows to the women in the room. She steps out of the direct line of his obeisance and looks around the room as if suddenly interested in the paint and shelves. When she hears Kinnaku begin to speak she gives her full attention as the class gets under way. She listens as the instructions are given and successfully hides her laughter toward the slight made in regards to Korudo’s appearance. Reaching out, Yume takes one for herself and starts to drape it around her as indicated by the diagrams on the side of the container. Once it’s secured around her she looks down to where CuRua is basking in the attention the being directed at him.

He’s used to being in the hospital, very familiar with the sterile zones and where he is not allowed. I’ll wrap him up in one and covers as much of his fur as possible. I believe that his fur type is okay for most allergies but it would be best to be safe than sorry. He understands speech so just let him know where he can and can’t be.

The turquoise haired MiT then takes one of the plastic sheets and folds it in half to suit the fox’s size and cuts two small holes for his ears to poke through. Wrapping it over his body, she takes some tape and seals the wrapping shut over his chest and around his middle. The covering is long enough that it reaches almost to the floor and well passed his tail so that he is effectively covered as much as the other shinobi are.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
((Sorry, had some major family problems... involved life lining, but I'm back XD))

Korudo smiled as Kinnaku responded to his bow, he nodded at the young lady as well. He stood with a high attention to his posture, and he seemed to have a rather calm emotionless face. As Kinnaku began to give instructions, he did just as she wished. He reached out and grabbed one of the protectors from the box and placed it over his chest. He was not fond of it, not being a fan of confining clothing, but he did as his instructor told him. He returned to his spot and awaited his next order.

"Madam Oba, I have some experience in the field of medicinal arts, but may I ask, if we are going to be doing individual studies, am I allowed to be accompanied by a Clone?"<i></i>

((it's odd doing one of these characters, my posts should get better with time... sorry for the shortness))

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was funny for Oba to be referred to as a 'superior' but it really wasn't something that she truly enjoyed. Often, the woman would shy away from the limelight and do her job; the right way. However, ever since she had been promoted, almost everyone showed her respect - it was odd. It wouldn't be something that she had strive'd for throughout her career, surprisingly, because Kinnaku was grounded. She was grounded, level-headed and that's what got her to this position; also a great beside manner never hurt. "I'm far from your superior, we're all equal in this life." She would smile, wrinkling her face as she did so.

"Well okay..." Kinnaku would arch over, one hand on her hip, and the other ruffling the fox's hair. "I'm trusting you both." She smiled adjusting her body back to a normal position, still keeping her mind from how cute the fox really looked. Although there still was a health risk to have an animal within the ward, and some may even judge this decision as a negative on her part. So it was really up to Yume and CuRua to be extra careful this time around. "And he understands speech?" Oba would deepen her smile, "What a wonderful quality, CuRua."

Kinnaku would then address Korudo's request to have a clone accompany him, if they were doing individual tasks. However, the woman would soften her smile and tilt her head with a saddened expression, "I'm sorry, Korudo." She would state, placing her hand upon his shoulder, "I'm afraid you're stuck with the three women-"

And at that moment, a blood-curdling sound, followed up by a deepened rumble shook the floors and caused those who stood to stumble. Oba, with a deeply shocked face, would stumble back and lean onto the desk; messing up some piles of paperwork. She would not speak, her expression was more than enough; utter shock and confusion. What was that sound, the vibration? The obvious answer would be an explosion. The smell of smoldering materials would choke the senses, even after a few moments of tranquility. One part of the Sennin's rule, which made her sound like a tyrant, was to install a system of communication outposts within the hospital. For every 10 floors, a single Yamanaka would be employed to use their telepathic skills and distribute messages to another Yamanaka; relaying the message until it was met with the desired target.

Oba would immediately hear the echoed voice, as would the three MiT's, having been aware that the Sennin was hosting a lesson. "There's been an explosion, the damage has reached several levels. There are fires spreading throughout the: Intensive Care Department, Cardiology Department and Pediatrics Department."

The Sennin would stricken herself, her resolve solid and her attitude firm. "Yume, I need you to go down to the Pediatrics Department and make sure the children are alright. CuRua, I want you to held ease the children as best as you can. Remember your beside manner. There should be some med-nin down there already attempting to control the damage and the fires."

"Chizuru, I want you to down down to the Intensive Care Department and make sure everyone is okay. You'll have to be very careful with the patients as most of them will just be out of major surgery, and again, a few of our staff will be attempting to subdue the fire. If you have to move anyone, please remember to be careful."

"Korudo, I want you to head down to the Cardiology Department and check up on the patients. And again, you'll be met with a few other med-nin; who will be attempting to control the damage. You three need to make sure the patients are all okay. Those who are situated within those departments are going to be busy controlling the damage, so we need you three to take care of the patients."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chizuru found it odd to have an animal of any kind within the hospital, let alone one of the wards, but she’d trust Kinnaku’s judgment on the matter and keep her thoughts to herself. That fox was rather cute after all. Chizuru was just about to move closer to pet CuRua when they were rocked by the explosion. Chizuru topples, landing on her hands and knees where she’d look around to see if everyone else was alright and move to help if need be. An explosion was never a good thing and despite having experienced such things on more than one occasion it was never something to quite get used to when in such a serene setting as a hospital. As she was still processing various outcomes and reasons, Kinnaku would act and give the three of them separate orders.

“Concentrate on the Intensive Care Unit. Understood Milady. Is there any further instruction before I go?”

Chizuru’s heart was thumping fast in her chest, she was scared and nervous but none of that showed upon her features. The little 12 year old prodigy was ever the face of calmness.

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[To those who haven't replied, I'll be kicking you out after 24 hours. I'm not wasting time. Perhaps its my fault for being too lenient with rules, as I didn't want to force someone to post and for that to ruin their creativity, but that'll need to change.

After 24 hours, if you haven't posted Yume, you'll be kicked. Secondly, Korudo, this doesn't apply to you as you're following the order.]

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When the explosion hits, Yume stumbles back a few steps before falling to the ground and landing on her back in a body defence technique. She quickly rolls onto her feet and maintains a crouch that would mirror the stance CuRua took. Their hands/paws are clamped tightly over their ears but it’s too late as there is already a disorienting hum resonating behind their eyes. To make matters worse, this is amplified when a voice enters her mind with a report of the damage. The MiT squints as she sees her fellow classmates hurry off in different directions. She shields her eyes from the bright lights and looks up to see Kinnaku’s lips moving but sounding more like she’s underwater. Yume asks the sennin to repeat her self slowly in what she thinks is a whisper.

Ma’am. I can’t hear you… please repeat a little slower or write it down.

With the instructions given to her in a form that she was able to comprehend Yume bows and turns slowly for the door. Her head is throbbing a little but her hearing is slowly coming back along with her vision. She reaches a supply station just down the hall and pauses to grab long polyurethane gloves to keep her hands and arms from getting biohazardous material on them. Her nose is inundated with the smells of charred flesh, burning rubble, hot metal, and dust. Above all of this there is another scent that causes her to stop and souse out where it’s coming from. Unable to do that, she hurries back to where Kinnaku is.

Ma’am… I still smell fuel. Anything that was part of the initial explosion should have burnt off. This is an active leak but I can’t pick out where it’s coming from.

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
How embarrassing, well, at least she wasn't the only one knocked off her feet; and by an explosion, not even a man no less. Kinnaku would re-apply her orders to the students via a scribbled down parchment of paper, why? The situation was far too urgent to was time dilly-dallying around with words that may be muffled due to ringing eardrums. However, as the two scattered off towards their departments; the woman would be reintroduced with Yume, although her eyes alluded the location of her adorable companion. And it was at that point that the situation, this utterly inconvenient situation, would turn slightly more dire at the threat of secondary explosions. "You can smell fuel?" The Sennin would place one hand on her hip, addressing the statement as she jarred her position and observed the ward of burnt children.

"Thank you, Yume." Kinnaku would nod her head to the diligent young pup before turning to face those in the ward... She needed to prepare an evacuation.

Whenever Chizuru would find her way to the Intensive Care Unit, her eyes would be met with broken swing doors and crackling fires. The room ignited with such a fierce heat and such a tremendous amount of crackling that upon entering, you would be in the process of getting tanned up. That was a joke, of course. Past the swing doors, Chizuru would be forgotten in a madness of orange and reds, feebly dossed down by men in white and nurses in blue; pouring metal bowls, formally bed-pans, filled with bottled water over the blazes. Past that, which was hard to draw your eyes away from, would be the overturned beds of several patients.

The first of the three, a man with a broken leg - heavily infected - would be the first to greet the girl. But how would she cox the whaling man, whose body became riddled with such unquenchable pain, into calming down and how to soothe his injury, even if it was temporary?

If Yume would find her own way down to the Pediatrics Department, she would witness a less frightening sight, although her journey down would reveal much more internal damage than once thought. The Pediatrics ward would be scattered with children, all of whom wailed and flailed their little arms about as some suffered from injuries from the loosely fitted ceiling fixtures. Some suffered more serious injuries, brought on by their conditions, one of which would be a reserved looking boy who rested on a bed; holding his brown teddy as the flood of lemonade yellow revealed his fear upon the sheets. Yume's companion would be able to pick up on the urination, hopefully.

But what was wrong with him? And how was she going to calm the children, make them orderly?

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chizuru moved with a quickness, but all her movements were always calculated, she always made sure to be aware of her surroundings as this was a danger zone as far as she was concerned and to top things off, she had no idea what the heart of the problem was. That wasn’t her job right now, however. She had to get to the ICU and assess the situation. Just her luck there was fire. She wasn’t afraid of fire, but due to the nature of her body, it was difficult for her to determine how damaging the flames were to her own body. Pain didn’t come easily to Chizuru, but hell it was a raging fire so staying away from it was of course the advisable course of action anyhow. The doors would have to be worried about by someone else. She’d push past them when she could, nodding to those that were helping put out the flames and she’d come upon her first victim, a man clearly in pain but there were other overturned beds as well. Chizuru takes a few seconds to gather herself. One thing at a time, she couldn’t try to do everything at once in this situation or it would end badly for all. It was time to use her medical training. She had a few jutsu that were just right for such a situation.

“Do not worry, I am here. Everything will be alright.”

She says in a calm voice, trying her best to keep the man calm all the while she’d perform the proper hand signs and apply the Anesthetic Transfusion jutsu to the man hoping to ease his pain before she’d try helping him further. She’d look around to see if there was anyone else that needed her attention more and just how close the flames were. No amount of healing was going to mean anything if they all were engulfed in flames.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After delivering the news about the leak, Yume and CuRua took off towards her assigned ward, clearing bits of debris and keeping an eye out for a safe evacuation route. She scans the scene, taking in all she can and realizing that not all of these children are as hurt as some. Being unable to find any senior staff, she takes charge and calls on a few nurses to help her out.

This is CuRua, he’s extremely gentle and can understand human speech. He’ll follow orders and can help you find a safe evac route. Get all of the able bodied children who can walk to follow him and take a bed each so we can maximize how many people are moved at a time. Any one who can survive without medical equipment aside from an IV, get them out now. The rest of you, work on stabilizing the other children and get them ready for transport.

Listen to the nurses but be persistent if you see danger. Keep these people safe. I’ll join you when I get the last of them out.

She crouches down and kisses CuRua on the forehead with a smile, letting her sadness show for just a moment. She hated to be apart from her fox but she knew that she could trust his competence. When he was given an order, he would follow it loyally until the end. Turning to see who could not be evacuated, she spies the little boy who appeared to show no fear but the smell of urea that tingled in her nostrils gave away his true emotions. She goes to the nursing station and grabs a bedding pad, a clean sheet, and a new gown before striding over to the lad. Her shoulders were back and her chin was up, giving off a sense of authority but the smile that was on her face would hopefully be enough to calm the boy a little. Tucking the sheet and pad under her arm, she takes out his chart and gives it a scan looking to see if there was any thing that jumped out at her. Her priority right now was mobility and dependencies.

Hey kiddo. No need to worry. It was a big noise but I’m here to keep you safe. Can you tell me your name? How old are you? What’s this little guy’s name? We’re going to get you comfortable first before we head out, alright. I’m going to need you to pull your legs up like a triangle so I can get this pad under you. Is that okay?

Yume made sure to keep the questions relaxed and gave him time to answer before moving on to the next one. If the boy consented to cleaning up, she would strip the soiled upper sheet off him and gently roll the stained gown away from her working area. Her next step would be to hook one arm behind his knees and in a playful “One… Two… Three… UP!” she would hoist the boy’s legs to elevate the hips and slide the pad in place so that it would cover from the middle of his back down to his knees. This way it would cover the mess under him and offer him a dry place to sit. If there was already a pad there, she would remove it before placing the new one. Settling his legs back down, she would help him out of the dirty gown and then back into the clean one before throwing the clean sheet over his legs.

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chizuru worked quickly on the very ill man, whom suffered from a high temperature brought on by the secondary infection within his leg wound. However, it would appear - even after treating the man with her 'soothing' technique, that his face would remain a thick yellow and cream mixture; like an awkward, sickly looking treat. In essence, if available, she should have found his chart sheet at the bottom of the bed, which would give more insight into his condition and stability. Should she do this, or should she work off her own back and discover the secondary infection beneath the mesh cast on his leg then, well, well done. Before even daring to move on from him, it would be wise to address the infection by identifying it and then giving him the appropriate attention - maybe even requesting a nurse to finalize treatment.

Yume and CuRua split off from each other, separating from their bond for the time being, but both addressing two very distinct objectives. The keen girl armed herself with new materials for the yellow-stained boy, a very sick and immobile child at that. The little boy would shake his head, those brown locks bouncing even while being weighted down with the grease from his sweat; brought on by the intense heat from just outside of the ward. "Y-You can't..." He would say sparingly, nuzzling his face into his teddy with a deeply worried expression, unable to squirm his body free from his grasp.

If Yume would check his chart, should it still be there, it would reveal that this boy suffered from a dangerous condition called: Osteoporosis. Moving him conventionally was a no-no.

[Small post, waiting to see your reactions is all! Keep it up! Sorry for my delay in replying there, had an odd few days.]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chizuru had already anticipated that the technique would only go so far. After all she just wanted to get him to stop screaming first. Who knew what else was out there or what had even caused such an explosion? An enemy, Chizuru had assumed. No matter. There were others who could protect her while she worked. Chizuru had nearly forgotten about the fact that she could just look at the man’s charts instead of trying to diagnose him in such a small amount of time. She’d quickly reach down and look it over. The writing was terrible. This was why she had been studying Calligraphy and brushing up on her writing technique, so people could read her writing when she wrote stuff down. Frustration set in but she wouldn’t let it show. No no, she couldn’t let her patients see such emotion. She smiles at him and reached out to hold a hand to his forehead. It was as she expected. The man's temperature was high and worse yet...She looks down at his wounded leg. She had an inkling about it, but she had to check. She was good, but she wasn't -that- good to just know what someone's problem was by looking at them. She had to check under that cast to confirm. It wouldn't even take the removal of the entire thing to make that confirmation, the smell alone told her enough, still she'd remove just a bit of the mesh so she could have a visual confirmation and she was quite right it would seem.

“Nurse, ma’am, please tend to him while I check on the others, his temperature is abnormally high and I’m quite certain his leg is infected.”

It felt weird telling other people what to do. Probably was even more weird for them considering a little 12 year old girl was the one saying such things.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Reading over his chart brought all thoughts of moving the boy to a stop just as he declined her offer. The MiT crinkled her brow when she saw and heard the fear in the boy’s manner. She had no experience in this disorder but she knew the risks as well as the symptoms and something just didn’t fit. Either he had severely degenerative osteoporosis or he had been misdiagnosed and really had something much worse. Regardless, she required at least two if not three other people to help her with cleaning the boy up. It was possible to move people with broken bones, so why wouldn’t there be a way to move them to mitigate the risk of breaking bones?

Don’t worry kiddo. I’m not going to do anything unless you expressly say it’s alright. We do need to get you out of here. I don’t like the thought of you being trapped down here with such sensitive requirements. I’ll bring the sheets with us and we can clean you up when we’re safe, okay?

Getting four IV rods and placing them at the corners of the child’s bed, she scrounges for a heavy blanket that wouldn’t rip if something were to fall on it. If she finds one, she will create a canopy for when they’re on the move. This way any small debris that would hit the boy would just bounce off the blanket and could be swept away. Stepping to the door, Yume sniffs for any potential threats and scans the halls for any potential falling objects or things that could come in contact with the boy. She needed to get him out intact.

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chizuru managed to detect that this man indeed had an infection, which, if left unchecked, would have probably became life threatening. The young girl would call over a nurse, one of the many who frantically scurried around trying to deal with the damages and logistical matters. She would immediately become an attentive motherly figure as she checked over the man and would actually gasp at the infection, due to how widespread it really was.

The next patient that the girl would move onto would be an elderly woman who had only recently just came out of an operation on her heart. However, this persons condition, which would be classed as urgent, wouldn't be that noticeable to the naked eye. The elderly woman, a gentle soul that had become so weak due to the drugs and the operation that she wouldn't be able to slur her words together. "Hhhepaa..." She would excrete from her withered lips as the heat from the ward, the sheer volume of distress caused her weak little heart to frantically skip several beats. But what was wrong with her?

If one was to look at the IV drip, indeed the medication, they would see the name of the prescribed solution that entered her body to help her cope with the pain. Now, it wasn't a very strong drug, in fact, he couldn't have been a strong drug due to the nature of her condition a stronger drug would increase the risk of complications. So what and why were her words becoming slurred and why, at the closest point of breaking personal space, would her skin seem to be sliding downward on one side?

Now, as we switch scenes, we are confronted with a situation where Yume had to be challenged with a fragile, literally, patient. Due to the nature of the explosion, a decent part of the hospital had become structurally compromised and thus nobody would be able to access those facilities. And it just so happened, unfortunately, that one room actually held a portable tool that lifted patients, particularly obese patients, from there beds; which was often used on the boy to move him in and out of bed. However, there really wasn't much that stopped this eager MiT from helping another soul as she cunningly constructed a make-shift protection from unstable fixtures.

However, by this point that children's ward had become empty and the remaining doctors escorted the patients out, leaving only Yume and the broken boy. So, as the girl edgingly went to the ward doors; she would be met with a horrible gush of kinetic force, which would forcibly knock her onto her feet and cause the boy's bed to fall sideways.

He would scream, wailing continually as a multitude of his bones snapped like sticks.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back