Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Hearts and why we need them [Lesson]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chizuru was not the biggest fan of working in such dire situations. She liked it when things were controlled and she had time to think about different diagnosis and solutions to a problem. This was just mind wracking and the heat wasn’t making things better. It was beginning to affect her as well, though she couldn’t truly feel it like everyone else was, it still the same affect on her body. Still, Chizuru would move on to the next patient and at first look she could already tell the woman was in bad shape, but she could not for the life of her figure out what the problem actually was. There were so many things she could think of that could cause slurred speech. She’d rise up to her feet to check the woman’s IV drip, trying her best to remain calm but finding herself becoming frantic. Even more so as she was bombarded by even more theories and outcomes. Her mind may have worked fast, but it didn’t always mean it was helpful to be able to process so much information. She needed to calm down and refocus her thoughts and take in every bit of information from her patient first.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The force threw Yume into the room, landing on her side in a practiced manner to minimize impact. Unfortunately such a landing was not possible for the boy and the sound of his frame shattering caused Yume to freeze in horror. Did she just cause this? Should she have left with the others? No. Shaking her head, she attempts to push these thoughts out of her mind. She refused to leave a patient behind who cannot help himself. Her eyes take inventory of the room around her and with each over turned bed, each broken ceiling tile, every collapsed table, Yume's anger grew. Who could do such a thing? She understood attacking the Kage tower or the gates but the hospital? Sure she had smelt gas but that's not to say the leak was an accident. Stirred by the rage she could feel swelling in her chest she calls out to the one person she could always trust.

CuRua? If you can hear me, get a Med-nin. Not a nurse. I need a fully qualified practitioner and I need them now. I’m trapped with one of the patients and they’ve fallen over. They have broken bones and I can’t move them. We're still in the pediatrics wing.

Worst case scenario, he wouldn't hear her but through their connection he should be able to at least feel her urgency and know that something has gone horribly wrong.

Getting to her feet, Yume runs to the boy’s side, careful not to touch him. She had been doing her best to keep him from getting hurt but her best didn’t seem to be enough. Skin was misshapen with bone fragments trying to push their way out. She expected that if she searched further she would see some sticking out but she didn’t bother looking for something she knew was there. Instead she looked at the boy, crouched next to him on her hands and knees with a look of apology in her eyes.

I am deeply sorry. I did not know that blast would come. If I hadn’t done anything that blast still would have knocked you over. I’ve called for help. You’ve been through pain before, of this I’m certain. Please be strong… What is your name?

She hoped that she could calm the boy down by asking questions and speaking in a rational tone. She wasn't used to things not going as planned.

((Feel free to post with response to what CuRua does, if he hears her and if so who he goes to for help. ^_^))

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Time was running out for the two brave Medics-in-Training as they pressured time into a corner, not thinking so much about the possible danger of they themselves being caught up in a secondary explosion of sorts. They were at risk, and after a few given moments, they would know that all too well. The woman that Chizuru treated, or rather observed, was still in a critical condition and she had yet to even draw up any sort of diagnosis; she was in a panic and not handling the situation - something that would spell disaster for any Med-nin who worked feverishly on the field. It wasn't a good trait to have... The Yamazaki would feel the explosion first, her small frame would be tossed down to the ground as the floor shook tirelessly with an anger that rivaled some ancient Gods. "G-go..." The patient would muster from her withered, tired old lips as she even knew that her situation was too complex for one person to handle, let alone for an MiT to handle.

Her ward had now become empty, the previous patients had been moved from harms way and placed into safety away from the fires. She was now left alone with the elderly woman, who would urge the girl to leave, to keep safe. And it was at that moment, that a feverishly hot blaze could be felt from only meters away; flames encroached on the ward doors and melted their foundations. Chizuru could leave and live on, or stay with her patient and attempt to treat her till the very end - what would she do?

Before we visit the scene of Yume, our eyes must first dwell on CuRua and his goings on. The canine descendant worked tirelessly to make sure patients made it out safely, although he always kept it in mind to stay within range of communication; although sometimes that was made impossible due to the inference from the fires on both fronts. Yume would have been proud of her fateful friend as he really did help save many lives. But as we come back to Yume, we realize that like Chizuru, her situation has become impossible to handle and most dire. She apologized for a force that she couldn't control as she sat herself down beside a broken boy; whom had urinated profusely out of fear. Even he knew that the approaching heat was something so terribly fearsome that he wouldn't be able to survive, but this girl could.

"Run.." He would elapse from his cracked lips as blood trickled down from various points of his body. Yume had the option to run or stay, saving herself or staying with her patient. The fire roared behind her, an avoidable fate but for only one person.

[After the next round of posts, that'll be the exam. Make your next posts count as they'll decide who passes and who fails! Great job so far guys!]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Chizuru was a Med-nin in training. She didn’t have all the answers and wasn’t capable of solving everything like she dreamed about. This was something she knew, but that’s why she was here after all. She was just about ready to call for help when she was suddenly rocked by an explosion that sent her sprawling to the floor to lie in a heap. It would have been quite the painful tumble if she were fully capable of feeling pain like a normal person, but that didn’t mean it had no affect on her. Her frame was damaged by such a fall and she could tell because it was far more difficult to move. Chizuru tries her best to assess the situation before her. There was so much fire! Why had no one else come back for them? Surely they had not planned on just leaving the patient there to die. Logically it made sense, cut your losses and take care of whom you could. Even the elderly woman was telling Chizuru to go. It seemed like the best course of action.

“I…”

She found herself unable to just leave the patient there. One part of her was saying get the hell out of there, but she took the illogical option and stayed with the woman trying to battle the flames all her own now whilst yelling out for someone to come and help, that there was still one more patient left…surely someone was still there to help. The flames scorched at her skin, but she could barely feel it. She kept doing all she could to keep those flames back, even using her earth and water jutsu to beat back the flames.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the heat lapped at her flesh, Yume knew that only one of them would get out alive. There was no longer any thought of saving the boy in her mind. Instead it was replaced with how to make the boy’s death as painless as possible. She rushes to the emergency station in search of sedation. If she gave the boy a minor overdose, not enough to kill him but enough to put him to sleep, he should be out if the flames get to him. If a Med Nin makes it to the boy in time, then she hasn’t killed him but he would be drugged. Grabbing one that she recognized as safe for most patients, she pushes it through the cap in the boy’s IV and waits for the 30 seconds that it should take to put him under. As the boy would fade to sleep, the last thing he would hear would be Yume’s gentle words.

Good Night, Good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow.”

As one last precaution, she takes a few acupuncture needles to paralyze her patient before standing and searching for a way out. The air was so dry it was difficult to pool any moisture together to create water barriers but she would manage to get out with minimal burns and her clothing still intact. Upon seeing Yume emerge, CuRua would rush over and sniff his best friend to ensure she was alright. Giving him a gentle pat she re-assures him that she is fine before standing tall and walking to the first Med Nin that doesn’t look busy. In a hushed whisper to avoid any upset to the patients she addresses him calmly.

I need to know who the fuck is in charge here. I need to know who coordinated the evacuation of the patients and why no one came back to pediatrics once the able bodied children were saved. I need to know why I could make it out and yet a full Med Nin twice my calibre couldn’t be sent in. I need to know WHY there were no Med Nin in the wing and ONLY nurses when I showed up. There is no reason why an MiT should be the one in charge of an evacuation unless every single fucking healer in this village is incompetent…. OH! And lastly, I need to know WHY THE FUCK THE FUEL WASN’T TURNED OFF WHEN I INFORMED THEM THERE WAS A LEAK.

By the end of it, Yume had become so enraged that her more bestial side was showing. Eyes had taken on an amber hue and her nails and teeth appeared to be more pointed than before. Sensing his friend’s calm being damaged, CuRua ran over to her, transforming into his human form and wrapping his arms around her from behind. They were similar in height with him just a few inches taller. Tilting his head down, his lips would be millimetres from her ear as he whispered, trying to step her away from the Med Nin she had just verbally accosted.

Not now, Neesan. It’s not his fault.

You're right... it's not.

She then turn to look for their teacher. Lady Kinnaku. She knew about the fuel... she should have found someone to turn off the gas lines before there was a second explosion. She would have answers.

Honma Kotone

Yen
ASP
Deaths
... And it was done, all of their actions had riddled down to this one moment, and something very, well, disturbing was unveiled to watchful eyes.

Chizuru and Yume, wherever they may be standing, would begin to feel sickly - as if their stomachs were unsettled by a very unpleasant meal. In the back of their throat they would feel a tingle, a sensation that would mingle throughout their body. Their surroundings would shift and shake, but not like tremors from an explosion, this was something different entirely. The walls would begin to roll downward, as if the mass of concrete was juicing into a sort of slime material. However, their unease, the sickly uneasy feeling in their stomach would leave them feeling now feeling drugged up, as it were.

Whenever their eyes would awaken, they would feel light headed, and they would be rested on a rather comfortable hospital bed. Yume on one bed, Chizuru on the other and even Yume's companion was rested up on a bed too. The two girls would be in a ward of their own as little devices clinked to their bodies to measure their heart rate and another device to monitor their brain activity. Two Yamanaka men, one short haired and the other long, would be hovering beside each bed. The long haired man would be monitoring Yume and the short haired one would be observing Chizuru.

At this point, Kinnaku would enter their room with a soft smile on her face. "Don't get up too quickly, girls." She would say raising one hand and holding it forward so to tell them to stop moving, "Moving quickly after the Genjutsu creation tends to make your feeling very ill." Kinnaku would lower her hand and approach the two, resting herself on Yume's bed and giving the two a friendly look. "I suppose you're wondering what happened?" She would state something that the girls were probably wondering. "Well, when we first met each other today, I got these two gentlemen to place your minds under a Genjutsu. And that was so I could assess your skills and merit them."

The Sennin would turn away and clasp her hands, giving the two Yamanaka men a suggesting look. They left the room and nodded their heads silently. "I'm sorry about what you were put under, but unfortunately that's how hectic things can get in our job. Sometimes you'll find yourself just... alone with nobody around," She would refer to the moments more crucial where nobody but themselves were there to help, "And those are the scariest moments in our careers." Kinnaku turned her head to glue her hues onto Chizuru, "I thought you acted quite bravely, and to the best of your knowledge, you were able to help as many as you can. So, I want to offer you a position with my branch as a Medical Ninja. However, and this is important, you will be on probation because during the Genjutsu you were given a third patient to treat and you didn't identify her condition." She would then sigh, "But, given the circumstances, you were unable to draw up a conclusion anyway within the allotted time; that happens."

The Sennin would then turn her head to Yume, this was much harder to decide, "You were given the toughest patient, someone who couldn't be moved normally, and you had to do this while the ward was crumbling down. There was nobody there to even help you... You had no other choices but to end his life. I, at first, was shocked by that." She would admit, "However, if you were to think about the seriousness of his condition and the fact that he was going to die; euthanasia was the best course of action. It takes a strong person to make a decision like that, and it's impressive that you were able to at this stage. So, with that said, I'd like to offer you too a Medical Ninja job."

Kinnaku would lift herself from the bed and walk towards the ward exit with her hands snugly placed into her coat pockets. "Our life isn't the easiest, we have to make choices for our patients because sometimes they can't make them their selves. Don't let me down, ladies."

[Topic left]
[Request Med-nin Banners]
[Well done, thanks for taking part!]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Everything just started to melt away. Was this just some bad dream? When she could make sense of things once more she found that she was on a table connected to various instruments and an unknown person was standing over her. Something like this probably should have freaked anyone out but aside from the unknown man standing over her this was something Chizuru was actually used to. She had volunteered herself for many of her father’s various experiments back at the lab at the Yamazaki mansion and of course there was all the routine check-ups that were necessary for her. Compared to the horrible image of the genjutsu she had been under, Chizuru was put at ease here. Kinnaku’s voice could be heard but she wouldn’t move a muscle. The adorable one just layed there and listened. She drank in all what Kinnaku had to say and would take it to heart and remember it.

“Understood, Lady Kinnaku. And thank you for this opportunity.”

If there were any joy within Chizuru one would not be able to ascertain that from just listening to her. The after affects of the Genjutsu hit her pretty hard after all and she was still feeling a bit groggy from it. She was happy to hear that she’d be going up in the world but the fact that it was a probationary status did sink her heart just a bit.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As her surroundings melted away, Yume began to realize what had happened. There was never any danger. No explosion. No little boy. It was all an act. Soon she can hear noises about her and in a couple of seconds her eyes flutter open. The lingering anger she felt at the end of the experience welled up within her chest and before Kinnaku could stop her, she sat up in one swift motion….

…Which she promptly decided was a bad idea as her body pitched to the side, causing what was left of her breakfast to evacuate her stomach and find itself on the floor. Bleary eyed, she stays in the half twisted position and looks at the room around her before slowly rolling onto her back and closing her eyes again, face now an ashen white. They were in what appeared to be an observation room, similar to where a patient would be post op. In her arm was an IV to keep their fluid levels up in case they were out for a long time and attached to various points of her body were devices to monitor her heart, brain, and chakra activity. With a silent moan she listens as Lady Kinnaku describes their experience first addressing Chizuru and then turning to Yume. So that’s what this was all about. It wasn’t a lesson; it was their Med Nin exam. The bile rose in her throat again but the young woman managed to keep her jaw firmly shut and simply swallowed to keep it from reaching her tongue. She replayed the scenario over and over in her mind trying to find a way to change it, to have successfully saved both herself and the patient. She knew the nature of the exam was to stop this. If she had made it out of the ward, there would have been assassins or the boy would have had a seizure, effectively snapping every bone in his body and probably puncturing a lung and possibly his liver which would lead to massive internal bleeding. No matter how she looked at it, the result would have been the same.

Yume’s face remained perfectly expressionless through the discourse. Even when she’s offered the promotion, she doesn’t react. She just lays there motionless and silent until Kinnaku had left. With a groan, she rolls over and tucks one hand under her head and stares across the room at the other girl, barely even noticing when her companion joined her on the bed and licked at her cheek. The stony mask faded away and was slowly replaced by a small smile as she drapes her arm around him and buries her face in his fur.

You barfed

Shut up. You would have too.

If they hadn’t snatched me away as they put you under, I would have snapped at your ankle.

They took you? So the you that was with me… was them…

She lets go enough to make eye contact with CuRua, his expression telling her everything she wanted to know. He wasn’t really with her so there was no possible way she could have called him back to the ward. It wasn’t that he didn’t hear her; it was that they chose not to respond. Slowly she straightens her arm in a half side sitting position, waiting for the room to stop spinning before sitting up fully and carefully detaching the cords from her body, saving the IV for last. With a wordless bow to their care takers and Chizuru, she exits the room and heads toward pediatrics, not even turning her head as she catches a glimpse of their instructor from the corner of her eye. Upon entering the ward everything is as she remembers it except without the flames and debris. The nurses were going about their duties as if nothing had happened.

Nothing HAD happened, remember?

As she wanders the halls, she stops a couple steps past a closed door before retracing those steps backwards, squinting to read the name of the patient without leaning in. It was him. Keeping her steps light, she peeks into the room and sees the boy laughing with one of the nurses who was changing his drainage bag for him. Yume let out a sigh and rested her back against the wall, eyes closed and processing everything once again while keeping out of sight. Thoughts wreaked havoc inside her consciousness as she deliberated on the offer that had been extended to her. She knew that she deserved it. In her mind, she acted with exemplary swiftness and extinguished life purely out of obligation and not from the desire to take the easy way out and yet something still nagged at her. With muted steps, the young woman excuses herself from the ward and walks up to the nurses’ station.

May I please have a piece of paper? I must write a note. Thank you.

Her demeanour showed nothing of the turmoil that stirred with in her soul as she graciously accepts the paper with a smile. She moves to a corner of the station and begins to write. Her face fluctuated through different emotions but ultimately ended with a look of satisfaction. Returning the pen and folding the note, Yume turns on her heel and strides into Kinnaku’s office. With a smile and a bow she places the note on the desk and leaves the office in the same silence that has followed her since waking up after the exam. If Kinnaku would read the note it would say as follows:

Dearest Lady Kinnaku,

I am very honoured by your wish to promote me to Med Nin and allow me to practice in this facility. For a moment I considered turning you down for one simple reason: I prefer to trust those I work with. Had you explained that for this lesson we would be under Genjutsu, I would have had no problem performing to the best of my abilities. However being subdued without warning by those I should trust not only makes me question my own ability as a Genjutsu user but also how closely I wish to work with those who deceived me.

These facts aside, I accept your offer as I would be foolish to turn you down simply based on pride.

Sincerely,
Sagasu Yume

P.S. I’m sure this is something unknown to most people so I will inform you for future reference. An Inuzuka’s companion is their closest friend and it is never wise to separate them when it looks like their shinobi could be in trouble. Should you do a similar exam with another of my bloodline, be careful. Their companions are usually much bigger and less cooperative than CuRua.

[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back