Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Injuries and Climbing Trees [Class]

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru sat on a short stone wall outside of the main entrance to the Forest of Death, her back to the fence that enclosed it and her eyes buried in a collection of notes in her lap. Today was the day she had set to hold her first class, planned with Nanashi Tenken. Several papers with information about the class could be found posted at the Academy, the park, and outside of the Byoin, all giving the date, location, and subject matter of the class. Just as planned, they would be covering chakra control and tree climbing for one group and basic Medical ninjutsu for the other. She had informed her friend and expected her to arrive soon, of course, but beyond that she had no idea who would be showing up.

One thing that had been consistently nagging on Hikaru’s mind over the past few days had been the threat of the still-unidentified creatures that had been reported by Nao’s contract. She was worried with how little information they had- she didn’t know how many there were, where they roamed around, when they were active, nor exactly how dangerous they really were. From Sai’s account, the Sennin hadn’t been in a perfectly combat-ready state when he first fought one of them, but the Medical Chief was still concerned. Her best solution, brainstormed over dinner with her father the previous evening, had been to patrol the area thoroughly as the class took place and inform the students as best she could. To that end, she stood up from the wall, placing the materials on her lap off to the side and forming a series of familiar handseals. Three replicas of herself appeared in front of her, each formed with her Wind release; the clones took off into the forest in separate directions, with orders to notify her should any of the monsters show up around the clearing they would be teaching in.

With that hopefully taken care of, Hikaru sat back down, stowing the papers in her bag and waiting. The midmorning sun was especially bright, and she shielded her eyes as she watched the streets in front of her for anyone approaching. Excitement had taken root in her stomach, despite all of her apprehensions, and she sat patiently, reviewing her notes in her head once more with a smile.

[WC: 394]
--
TWC: 394 / 1500
PC: 1 / 5

OOC said:
Welcome to our class! This thread is open to all Academy Students and Genin looking for a lesson in Chakra Control or Medical Technique/Ninjutsu. Please keep the rules in mind- specifically, each participant is required to reach 5 posts and 1500 words total. Besides that, I'll be maintaining a 5-day post timer: on your turn, if you can't post after 5 days have passed from the last post, you will be skipped. (Feel free to message me if you can't make the timer for whatever reason!) Other than that, have fun! I'm super excited for this :D
Designating Nanashi Tenken as a teacher as well, for reward purposes.

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu got up early in the morning. She did her usual morning routine. After she got dressed and ate breakfast she started to head out. She said goodbye to her dad who was getting ready to leave for work. She was supposed to go to the Forest of Death. She knew they were having a tree climbing class. Now she didn’t need to learn tree climbing. She did however need to learn some medical ninjutsu, even if it’s just basics. She felt it was important to learn as much as she could so that when she was on missions she could aid her teammates if they get injured.

She doesn’t normally frequent the Forest of Death, and she knew it could be dangerous. If anything should happen then she would help protect the students too. Karasu was excited because she would see how her friend Hikaru would teach her first class. They were made Genin together but Hikaru soon shot straight to Medical Chief. She was happy for her friend and wanted to help her in her first teaching assignment as much as possible. Of course it also allowed her to learn medical Ninjutsu which made Karasu equally excited. Her mother was a Med Nin and Karasu remembered her healing up her wounds as a small child. She remembered being amazed with her mother and her skill. Thinking of her made Karasu a bit sad because she missed her mother so much. She knew she would be making her proud by learning to heal just like she did for her.

The Forest of Death was near as she saw the gates that protected the area. She was surprised that the class was being held here but she figured it was because of the forest itself. The trees were perfect to learn how to tree climb. Still there were wild animals about and with enough noise could make some either nervous to approach or protective of their territory. Either way she was going to make sure it was a safe environment to learn. Well as safe as it can be. They don’t call it the Forest of Death for nothing.

As she got closer she saw someone sitting on a short stone wall just right outside the Forest of Death. Karasu recognized the person as Hikaru. She smiled at the new Medical Chief. “Hey Hikaru” she waved at her. “I hope you don’t mind me joining. Mostly to learn medical techniques than tree climbing. I had chakra training already. I figure this would be good to learn how to heal others. “

[WC: 430]
[TWC: 430/1500]
[PC: ⅕ ]

Hoichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
The Forest of death was the former proving grounds for those wishing to pass the Chunnin exam. Rumor has it that the very trees are naturally infused with chakra due to the rich soil underneath. Normally Hoichi would not wander over to such an area, but she heard there was a class to be held out here. Finding out about the class was not easy for her.

Yesterday she asked one of the teachers about where she can find out about classes and they directed her to the main lobby. She quickly found out how classes were advertised and she finds a bulletin board full of papers. She could hear every scrap pinned to it as she passes by it. The papers might as well be blank for all the good it did for her. She prayed that the mission office was not like this or she was in for a rough time. Her only saving grace was another student reading one of the papers to himself. Through this she was able to find out the location and time, but not the details of the class. She had no idea what they would be teaching.

Hoichi would be the second attendee to arrive and as she does she performs her usual greeting. She would pinch the hem of her skirt with her one free hand and do a little curtsy. “Salutations, my name is Mimi Hoichi.” Hoichi counted herself fortunate for her excellent hearing. Even form a distance she could her the Karasu’s words. Hoichi is not sure how well she would do this exercise in a dress, but she will give it a try.

[WC: 275]
[TWC: 275/1500]
[PC: ⅕ ]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
When Jirou first saw the announcement for the class involving injuries and tree climbing, he had to admit that he was curious. He thought that this would be a good opportunity to learn at least some basic healing. While he was familiar with chakra control, Jirou understood that there was always something more that he could learn. He welcomed the opportunity and looked forward to attending the class. Even if he did not currently have any medical ninjutsu as yet, he hoped that this would give him an opportunity to learn some basics. He certainly did not want to find himself in the middle of a mission and have a teammate die because he did not have the first clue on how to help them.

After taking Kashikoi out for his morning walk, Jirou returned to shower and get ready to head over to where the class was to be held. The notice had said the Forest of Death. There would be no dearth of possible injuries to be sustained, either from carelessness or from one of the many dangerous creatures that called this section of the forest home. He suspected that the choice of location was a conscious one. After getting dressed and ready to leave, Jirou ate his breakfast consisting of eggs, rice and fruit after placing Kashikoi’s breakfast down on the floor. Once they were both finished, Jirou took their dishes to the sink and washed them out. They both left the house and made their way to the Forest of Death. It would not do for them to be late. In fact Jirou made sure that they left with time to spare.

Having made their way through the village streets at a brisk pace, Jirou and Kashikoi arrived at the location where the class was to be held. He could see that the instructor was already here sitting atop a stone wall just before the Forest of Death. He smiled and greeted the instructor with a bow, “Greetings Sensei. I would like to learn some basic healing techniques. I know that I still have much to learn about healing, but I would like to become more knowledgeable. I would rather not find myself in a situation where I need to give aid to a teammate and I don’t have the first clue on what to do. I know that healing ninja’s are not always available either. Besides that I just want to learn all that I can about chakra control.” He waves over to Karasu when he sees that she is attending the class as well. Kashikoi yips and sits on his haunches while he waits. Jirou moves closer to where Karasu is standing while he waits for the class to get underway. He does give a polite nod towards the other one who arrived ahead of him, “Hello I am Jirou and this is Kashikoi. It is nice to meet you.”

[WC: 486]
[TWC: 486/1500]
[PC: ⅕ ]​

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru smiled in return as she saw the white-haired Genin approach. “Hello, Karasu! You’re perfectly welcome to join- glad you could make it.” She hadn’t seen her in a bit- it was always reassuring to know that her friends were still around. Though she did feel somewhat bad for the rank difference between them (one the Mednin still felt a little undeserving of), at least she could share some of what she had learned so far. They waited by the edge of the trees for a few moments more before another drew near, this time a girl Hikaru didn’t recognize. Assuming that she was a student, since she didn’t notice a headband, the Medical Chief returned Hoichi’s greeting, “Hello, I’m Miyazaki Hikaru, Leaf Medical Chief! Nice to meet you.” Not long after, a third appeared, seeming about Genin-age to her, and followed by a very cute dog. An Inuzuka! She knew them, or at least some of them. Though she would have liked to pet the dog, many ninja animals held different opinions on being treated like pets, she heard. Besides, as the boy’s first words to her reminded Hikaru, she was the teacher of this class, and she wasn’t sure how professional making friends with an animal for 5 minutes would be. She could see someone like Asuka doing it, perhaps… but she was distracting herself.

- (♫) Now playing: Secret of the Forest by Yasunora Mitsuda, arranged by Malcom Robinson

She nodded in response to Jirou’s professed goals for the class, introducing herself again in turn. They waited another handful of minutes, but it seemed as if that was it- though she had offered Tenken the option to attend even though it had been decided she wasn’t of the rank to teach yet, she understood if the pink-haired girl was needed elsewhere. She was glad to have gotten to meet her and plan the lesson together, although… maybe she would have to change it up a little bit. “Ok, I think that’s everyone,” the Medical Chief began, writing the gathered Student and Genin’s names down on a pad of paper. “Welcome to class! From your opinions and apparent experience, I think we’re going to be focusing on Medical techniques for the majority of today.” She gave a brisk smile, gesturing a hand towards the forest to her back. “We are going to be learning in the Forest of Death, for what I believe is a very important reason: I think it’s better to practice in the forest since, more often than not, you’re going to have to use Medical ninjutsu out on the field. Getting used to applying what you’re going to learn in a more rugged environment will help you more should you need these skills on a mission somewhere than if you learned them in a classroom.” She had nothing against classrooms, personally, but this particular style of hands-on teaching had caught her attention when she first read about it, and she wanted to give it a try.

“On that note,” she added, her smile relaxing, “the forest is a dangerous place. I’ll be accompanying you for the entire time, and I have clones watching the area for us, but please keep an eye out for anything that may go wrong.” Hikaru was glad to have Karasu and Jirou around, in case things did indeed go wrong- she had heard about the apparent combat test during one of their classes, and knew that they were at least familiar with a more tense setting. Hoichi looked composed as well, and could hopefully prove to be rational if anything truly dangerous showed up.

With that, Hikaru turned and stepped into the forest, allowing her students to follow behind. The walk was by no means a long one, and they reached the clearing that had been designated for the class within a few minutes. Dappled sunlight shone through the canopy of solid, far-reaching trees, giving the area an almost serene feel. She allowed the three to examine their surroundings for a moment, producing a trio of thin mats and placing them at intervals on the ground. The Mednin explained, “Although we won’t be climbing any trees today, Medical ninjutsu still requires very precise chakra control, at all levels.” She retrieved a scroll, marked with a slightly lopsided sealing formula- it had taken her a few tries to figure out how to store larger objects inside of scrolls, admittedly. Rolling it out over the mats, Hikaru formed a handseal, releasing three of the seals in identical puffs of white smoke. In their place laid three sizable fish, the standard Medical training variety (she hadn’t even known there was such a thing).

Turning to her students, the Medical Chief continued, “These fish will be your first patients! Pick out one you like, and I’ll go over the technique for the Mystical Hand jutsu in a few moments.” She gathered the scroll back into her bag, and took a step back, allowing them their choice of which fishy friend they preferred. As an afterthought, she added, “Oh, Jirou- if you’d like, I can bring out another fish for Kashikoi to practice the technique as well. If he isn’t the Ninjutsu type, or if you just want to share a fish, that’s fine; just giving you the option.”

[WC: 870]
--
TWC: 1264 / 1500
PC: 2 / 5

Hoichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Just like with Karasu, she would face Jirou and perform her usual greeting. She would pinch the hem of her skirt with her one free hand and do a little curtsy. “Salutations, my name is Mimi Hoichi.” She would walk over to the dog and kneel down. Offering an open palm she would greet him as well, “Salutations, Kashikoi-san.” She was not sure if the dog knew any tricks, but gave the gesture nether or less. If kashikoi places his paw into her hand she would smile and give it a little shake. If he just sniffs as it like most dogs would, she would let him get a whiff of her scent before standing back up.

Rumor has it that the very trees are naturally infused with chakra due to the rich soil underneath. As she steps into the forest she could almost feel how true the rumors were. There were many soul that tried to attain chunin, but lose their lives in the process. As she marches through the woods she begins to sing, “Come little children…” As if to answer the call, two ghostly figures appeared and indeed followed her. The figures were young but wore the shinobi headband of leaf. The two of them disappear shortly after coming into being. As she continues to sing two more specters would appear and vanish while seemingly following her. These apparitions would continue to repeat this process over and over as she sings. Some of them followed her by foot and others leapt from tree to tree. Some followed her in broad daylight while others kept to the shadows. Each spirit was unique from the others: some carried a weapon on their belt, strapped to their back, in hand or were unarmed. The way they died was apparent with some as there were those who hand a weapon impaled into their head, heart or even in the back. There were those that had burns on their body and those who had a great slash as if brought down by a sword. Plenty of them had no wounds that would give away how they died. The only thing they all had in common was the fact they all looked about genin in age. Hoichi felt like the pied piper leading the children of the village to an undisclosed location. By the time they reached the clearing she finished the song.

The teacher would let her students examine their surroundings, but Hoichi did not seem interested. The reason would come apparent if one really looked at her eyes and notice that they always stayed in a fixed point. She was blind and thus she had other ways of perceiving the world. Ways that did not require as much movement of the head as sight does. Once a mat was placed on the ground she would sit in proper seiza before one, though her legs her hidden under her dress. Then after a familiar sound she could scene a fish on the mat in front of her.

[WC: 505]
[TWC: 780/1500]
[PC: ⅖ ]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu stood by the stone wall close to Hikaru waiting for others to arrive. Not too long after a young girl in a dress arrives introducing herself. Karasu smiled at her “Greetings I am Nakano Karasu nice to meet you.” she said to the girl. Right after Hoichi arrived she saw the familiar trot of Kashikoi, a young wolf pup alongside his master and companion Jirou. She smiled at him and petted Kashikoi when they came closer to the wall. She hears Jirou address Hikaru as Sensei which made Karasu blink several times. She hadn’t thought of Hikaru as a Sensei. She knew the girl when both were academy students and were even made Genin together. Hikaru had an advancement rise so fast that Karasu didn’t think anything about the position on hand. Not on purpose it just slipped her mind.

“Oh that’s right you're the Medical Chief now. Congratulations on your promotion. I haven’t seen you in such a long time. So much has changed for you. I guess I have to call you Sensei now too.” she grinned then looked back to Jirou. “Hey Jirou how's it going?” She could see Kashikoi’s excitement as the wolf pup’s tail was wagging furiously. “I also didn’t realize that you haven’t met Hikaru yet…..I mean Hikaru Sensei” she said with an apologetic look on her face. “I have to keep reminding myself of that.” she scratched her head with a nervous reflex.

Hikaru greeted everyone then started straight away with the class. Karasu listened intently to her friend. She wanted this class to be a success for her and Karasu was going to do whatever she could to help. She learned they were going to focus mostly on medical techniques. Karasu grinned because she was excited to learn as much as she could with Medical Ninjutsu. Her eyes widened as the excitement was filling up inside her. When Hikaru mentioned they were going to be learning in the Forest of Death Karasu straightened up and had more of a serious look to her. She was ready because she knew the Forest of Death was not for the weak. It was normally used for practical exams like the Chuunin exam and other types of exams to test the mettle of Shinobi. She liked that Hikaru was taking a more hands on approach to this and she nodded listening as she continued to speak.

Hikaru also said that she had clones out taking watch as we learned to make sure that we were safe. Karasu needed to be attentive and she figured Jirou and Kashikoi would be too. She had decent sensor abilities and Jirou and Kashikoi had good skills with their Inuzuka bloodline that would sense danger if anything happened. She followed Hikaru as the Medical Chief led them into the Forest of Death. They didn’t have far to go as Hikaru stopped and placed some thin mays down on the ground. She said they weren’t climbing trees today instead they would learn chakra control using Medical ninjutsu which was needed for Medical Ninjutsu.

Hikaru took out a scroll with a lopsided sealing formula. She rolled it out on the mats and formed a hand seal which released three of the seals in simultaneous succession. Karasu saw three white puffs of smoke which after the smoke cleared Karasu saw three sizable fish on each mat. The new Medical Chief explained to them that the fish were going to be their patients.

Karasu walked over to one of the mats which had a good sizable fish on it. From what Karasu could make of the fish it seemed to be some sort of Mackerel. The fish was laying on the mat not moving. Hikaru mentioned she was going to teach a medical technique called the Mystical Hand. She nodded and waited for the demonstration. She looked toward Kashikoi and said.

“Remember Kashikoi. We are supposed to learn Medical Ninjutsu and help the patient not eat them. They are not dinner.”

She grinned at the wolf pup thinking that was probably on his mind. She had seen the young pup eat his way through many things and thought it was best she told him not to eat the patient. She imagined he was probably disappointed due to him always being hungry. She was curious to see how the young wolf pup would do under the circumstances. She was ready herself and wanted to dive in but first she needed to see how Hikaru did it so she could use that as an example on her own attempt to heal the patient. Her thoughts crossed to her mum who was a Medical Ninja in the Cloud Village. She wanted to make her mum proud of her. She wondered if she was watching over her as she was now learning what her mother had learned. A small smile came upon her as her thoughts came back to the Mackerel in front of her laying on the mat.

[WC: 832]
[TWC: 1262/1500]
[PC: ⅖ ]
[MFT]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kashikoi of course knew how to greet others and extended his right paw in greeting. He gave several sniffs inspecting the new girl who called herself Mimi Hoichi. He would strut over towards the instructor giving her several sniffs as well. One had to be aware of those they came into contact with and learning the scent was the first order of business. Jirou was listening and also learning the scents of the new individuals. One could learn a great deal about one’s condition based on their scent. There was very little that could be hidden from either of their noses.

While he listened he heard Karasu greet him and he waved to her, “We are doing good. Hoping to be able to go on a mission soon.” After he heard the congratulation from Karasu he had to ask her, “What do you mean call her sensei now? You knew her before?” Once all of the greetings and pleasantries were out of the way it was time to get down to the business of the class. The sensei explained that they would be going into the Forest of Death. Jirou and Kashikoi were ready and happy to hear that they would be focusing on learning medical techniques. This would be another opportunity to hone their chakra control and they welcomed the opportunity. They would both be sure to stay alert for any threats.

Sensei Hikaru went on to explain that she had several clones out keeping watch as well. When she produced three thin mats and spaced them out, Kashikoi looked at the three mats and then back at Hikaru wanting to know where his mat was. Yes this wolf knew how to count and he wanted his own mat as well. The appearance of the fish sealed the deal and Jirou knew what he needed to do. He gave a nod to the question from Sensei Hikaru, “That would be great if you have an extra mat and fish. Kashikoi is able to do ninjutsu when in the Human Beast clone form. He is also very good at water walking as well. I know that he would like to participate actively.” Jirou then does the Human Beast clone with Kashikoi. This creates an indistinguishable duplicate of himself that will allow Kashikoi to work with the fish as opposed to eating it. The Kashikoi-Jirou clone makes his way over to the mat and kneels down before the fish while he awaits instructions. He looked over towards Karasu hearing what she said and already had in his mind to eat this patient after the class. It did look like a very yummy snack.

That leaves Jirou to be given a mat and fish of his own to work with, since Kashikoi had already taken the place where he would sit. He nodded towards Kashikoi as well hearing what Karasu said, “First the class. Then snacks afterwards. No eating the patient, yet.” Kashikoi nodded and licked his lips. The Kashikoi-Jirou clone was more than ready for his patient.

As for Jirou he was a bit concerned about how he would do. He was just beginning to learn healing techniques. Like Kashikoi he was good with his chakra control. This was all still a very new area of study for him though. He looked forward to learning what he could about it, so that he would be better prepared in the event that a team mate needs healing. Unlike Kashikoi, Jirou would not be eating the patient afterwards. Looking over towards Karasu as she knelt before her fish, Jirou readied himself to do what was expected of him. He awaited further instructions as well as his own mat and fish from the instructor.

[WC: 620]
[TWC: 1106/1500]
[PC: ²/₅ ]
[MFT]
Human Beast Clone used​

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru gave an abashed nod in response to Karasu’s words, replying, “Y-yes, well… thanks, Karasu, I appreciate it. I’m glad to be your sensei, as long as you don’t call me that all the time.” She smiled, thankful she got to have a friend present for her first shot as a teacher. Fortunately, it seemed like she knew Jirou as well. “No, we haven’t met before,” she said as the white-haired Genin greeted him. As the boy spoke up, she nodded again, “Yup! We became Genin together, thanks to a certain Academy Head’s test that happened to get the attention of Lord Fourth.” It certainly had been a while… that ‘certain teacher’ was the Hokage now, and she herself the student and Cheif under Konoha’s Medical Sennin. “Anyway, you two should be on the road to becoming Chuunin, right? In that case, I’m more than happy to help- the Medical skills you’ll learn today are invaulble on missions, and they aren’t unhelpful for everyday life either.”

As they walked along the forest path, Hikaru heard Hoichi’s song lilt through the air, calling forth ethereal figures from the shadows of the forest. The Mednin was surprised, thoroughly- she hadn’t met many Students who could summon ghosts- but she was familiar enough with the Hashigaki to recognize a potent variant of their jutsu after a few moments. Her mother’s clan had been close to them, she knew, quite a few years ago. She continued walking, putting the somewhat morbid souls out of her mind. That was exactly why she had to be careful in this forest, especially with two Genin and a student under her watch.

Hikaru looked on as the three students plus Kashikoi chose their preferred fish to resuscitate. She watched each of them in turn, lingering on Hoichi a few moments longer than the other two. Nothing specific about the girl had stood out to her, obviously besides the whole ghost-song thing she was doing earlier, but… something faint in the way she carried herself reminded her of specific patients she visited in the Byoin while she worked. Mentally kicking herself for not realizing sooner, the Medical Cheif followed her unchanging gaze, confirming that the student was, in fact, blind. Of course, if she was related to the Hashigaki, such a thing was no surprise. She made a note to try to accommodate for this as best she could (and as far as the girl needed, since she had been able to navigate well enough so far). She grinned at Karasu’s remark, producing another set of fish and mat for Jirou’s canine companion. “I’m not sure he wants to eat these ones… Medical instructors tend to reuse the same fish for convenience, so I have no idea how old they might be.” As many miracles as Medical Ninjutsu was capable of working, it couldn’t make long-dead things palatable again, to her knowledge.

“Alright, let’s get started,” she began, once everyone was ready. Kneeling above Hoichi’s fish to demonstrate, Hikaru placed her left palm over her right in a familiar motion. “At its core, Medical Ninjutsu combines a unique type of nature release with the user’s chakra to restore vitality. The Mystical Hand technique is the simplest application of this; just form a properly-sized pool of chakra at your hands, and focus on using it to heal instead of sticking to a tree. Like much of Ninjutsu, visualization is key-” she let chakra flow into her hands, adjusting it to produce the signature green glow and applying it pointedly to the fish’s middle. “-so it’s going to take practice more than anything.” She stood, relaxing the jutsu and stepping back to watch the four of them. “I could go into the theory and the nature release behind it, but this probably isn’t the time for that. For now, I’d like to see how you perform! It’s okay if you don’t get it immediately; remember, it’s about visualization.”

[WC: 657]
--
TWC: 1921
PC: 3 / 5

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu chuckled at the comment Hikaru made on not calling her sensei all the time. She nodded agreeing with Hikaru on how they met. She remembered it like it was yesterday, when the former Sennin now Fifth Hokage gave an unexpected test on their skills, which eventually ended up with Karasu and Hikaru becoming Genin.

She heard Hikaru mention to both her and Jirou on getting close to becoming Chuunin and how valuable medical skills were for missions.. “Yes we are close. Hopefully soon we will be Chuunin.” she then added “ My mum was a Med Nin and I remember her telling me about how important healing people were. I was really small but It sticks out in my mind. I know it would be useful plus I really like helping people. It gives me a sense of camaraderie with my teammates. Anything can happen on a mission and the more Shinobi who know Medical Ninjutsu the better results for our team success if the main healer gets hurt."

Karasu looked at the girl named Hoichi. She wondered what song the girl sang. There was something different about her but she was not quite sure what it was. She noticed that the girl was blind and wondered if she was able to see through chakra or maybe there was something else that allowed the girl to see. The girl seemed to be able to make her way around so Karasu figured she was fine. She would watch the girl hoping she could get some kind of understanding about her. Maybe she had some special ability that Karasu didn’t know about. It wouldn’t be off the mark being a Shinobi. She herself has a special ability as well as Jirou. She stood in front of her Mackerel waiting for Hikaru to demonstrate how they will learn Medical techniques.

Karasu chuckled at the comment about Kashikoi might not be wanting to eat the fish due to them being reused several times. “Oh you don’t know Kashikoi. He will eat anything at any time. I’m sure he will restrain himself from eating the fish since they are for learning.” She eyes the wolf pup and winks at him.

Hikaru was ready to start. She stood by the young girl Hoichi’s fish and placed her left palm over her right on the fish. Karasu listened intently as Hikaru explained what she was doing. Karasu learned that Medical Ninjutsu combines an unique type of nature release with a user's chakra to restore vitality. Karasu nodded as she continued to listen. She thought it was fascinating.

Karasu watched as the Mystical Hand technique was described and Hikaru demonstrated it. Karasu understood they had to form a pool to their hands and focus on healing a person instead of trees or water. Karasu saw a green glow around Hikaru’s hands which were around the middle of the fish. The technique was really interesting from what Karasu remembered reading in the library. She didn’t know if she could restore the fish back to life but she was going to concentrate as hard as she could. She was very determined to succeed.

“Alright let’s do this”

Karasu put her left palm over her right just like Hikaru did and concentrated on healing the Mackerel. She adjusted her chakra so that she would get the right amount in the location she was directing towards. It took a few tries to get it exact but each time she tried she could swear she sensed something in the fish like it was starting to come around but it was not quite there. It took a lot out of Karasu. Her focus was there but she never concentrated so much chakra like this. She wiped her brow with her arm then resumed to revive the fish.

“This is far more difficult than I thought it would be. I’m not giving up though. I know I can do it.”

[WC: 655]
[TWC: 1917/1500]
[PC: ⅗ ]

Hoichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Hoichi has done some unusual things herself, but she can still be amazed by things that could be considered common. Transformation is one of the most basic of jutsu a shinobi can learn and yet she found the canines transformation fascinating. She never experienced an individual transforming before and it was an interesting thing to perceive. Hashigaki are able to perceive things that are not normally seen by normal eyes. Her view of the transformation is different than most. When an individual transforms the act is concealed by a cloud of smoke made of chakra. Being that she does not use her eyes, she can witness the action behind the veil of smoke. Hoichi could perceive Kashikoi as he was changing shape and found it impressive such a drastic change it one’s form could be done so quickly.

The teacher decides to demonstrate the jutsu with the fish Hoichi was sitting in front of. The teacher made simple movements; placing her left palm over her right and then pointing at the fish. Hikaru made it look so simple, but Hoichi gets the feeling she missed something; something she could not perceive with her power. In truth Hoichi’s assumptions were correct, though what she missed may be minor. Hoichi had no idea the teacher’s hands glowed for she could not see it.

One week ago she was practicing a performance and a student made a false statement. He claimed that she was blind, yet can still see your surroundings. For a moment she contemplated if he was right. Hoichi was born blind and thus she never knew what it is to see. She lacks a point of reference to compare to and that made her wonder. However soon she dismissed the idea and shakes her head. Black, red, yellow: she knows people call these colors, but they mean nothing to her. She is not sure what this new sense is but she is sure it is not sight. That night she lamented over the lack of ability to see the world as others could. She begged for aid of those of the spiritual realm for it was they that gave her this ability she now has. One spirit agreed to help her by becoming her eyes should she ever need them.

Singing a few notes a new ghostly apparition appears different than all the others. This one was no child, but a full grow man in his prime. A mask covers the bottom half of his face and he wore his headband in a way that it covers his left eye. However it would be his right eye that would catch the most attention. White most of his body was white and translucent, his one eye looked physical. It was a crystal eye and it was linked to Hoichi. She would feel a moment of light headedness as she was seeing from another’s perspective. Though her normal powers of perception is not exactly sight, it is close enough to cause her some disorientation.

The ghost would float over to Karasu and kneel in front of her must like the teacher did with Hoichi. He watched Karasu carefully while paying close attention to her hands. We she failed Hoichi got even more nervous. The ghost would then float over to Kashikoi. As her ghost companion watched the next contestant, she would make her own attempt. Hoichi would concentrate on focusing her chakra into her hands, but forgets to visualize on healing. Chakra flows around her hands and creates a blurred glow, but this was not the intended jutsu. Instead of mystic hand, she did a shredding touch. Apparently her natural affinity was wind. If the teacher did not stop her it would not turn out well for the fish as she intended to touch the fish with her hand. If contact was made, little streams of wind would cut into the fish and Hoichi would reel backwards.

[WC: 655]
[TWC: 1435/1500]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou made a note not to call Hikaru sensei all the time when he heard her say as much to Karasu. He wanted to do well in the class, so he knew that it would not be a good idea to annoy their instructor. He nodded towards the instructor when she asked if they were on the road to becoming chunin, “Yes I train everyday and hope to be able to take the chunin exam soon.”

As they followed the instructor further along the path going ever deeper into the Forest of Death he heard the lilting song coming from Hoichi. He felt a drop in temperature and sensed that there was something out of the ordinary about the song besides the strange melody. Even Kashikoi seemed to be agitated by the song. He was looking towards the shadows while pawing at the ground. It was disconcerting and a bit unnerving as Jirou reached down to stroke Kashikoi’s head, “It’s all right boy. What do you sense?” Kashikoi lunged forward as though attempting to grab something from the bush. Growling his jaws snapped down on air and he sat down puzzled for a few moments before standing back up and returning to Jirou’s side.

In the meantime Raiden, the Jinchuriki spirit within Jirou, explained to Jirou within his head about the ability to summon ghosts that this girl apparently had. Jirou stared over at the girl and as he watched her, Jirou became aware that her eyes were fixed and unchanging. It appeared to him that she was blind and he whispered to Karasu, “I think that girl is blind. Raiden told me that she can summon ghosts. Not sure why anyone would want to summon ghosts though. I think Spooky would be a good nickname for her.”

Once they arrived at the clearing where the class was being held and each of them had been set up with their own fish to attempt to resuscitate, Jirou knelt down before his fish. When Hikaru explained about the age of the fish and that Kashikoi might not care for eating the old fish, Jirou chuckled slightly knowing full well that the funkier the stink the more attractive that the fish would be to Kashikoi. He still remembered the time when as a pup he rolled in fish manure. It took forever to get rid of that stink. “The age and stink of the fish is no deterrent. Kashikoi might decide to roll in the stinky fish patient once the class is done. That is a smell that once encountered you do not soon forget."

Faced with the stinky patient before him Jirou listened to the instructions. He was determined to do this. Jirou listened closely as Hikaru explained, “At its core, Medical Ninjutsu combines a unique type of nature release with the user’s chakra to restore vitality. The Mystical Hand technique is the simplest application of this; just form a properly-sized pool of chakra at your hands, and focus on using it to heal instead of sticking to a tree. Like much of Ninjutsu, visualization is key-” Jirou studied the precision of her movements as she demonstrated what they needed to do. Similar to water walking only a very concentrated sphere of energy focused in one’s palm and directed at the abdomen of the fish. When she finally stood back to watch their attempts, Jirou knew that it was his turn to do this.

Jirou closed his eyes to visualize what he needed to do. As his chakra focused into the palms of his hands, Jirou placed his palms over the abdomen of the mackerel directing his chakra towards his attempts to get the long dead fish to reanimate or at least to twitch a little bit. He experimented with focusing different levels of chakra into the fish. He needed to find the right amount of chakra needed to make the dead tissue twitch. It sort of reminded him of a book he had read about a scientist who wanted to reanimate dead tissue to make a super human who would be immortal. He had to wonder if any Shinobi had ever tried something similar at some point in the long forgotten past. As he worked at applying his chakra to the fish, Jirou could swear that he did see the fish twitch a tiny amount. Had he imagined that? It was a blink and you miss it sort of moment, as Jirou resumed his efforts to make the fish twitch. “Come on fish. You have a few more twitches in you I just know it.” Jirou could sense that Kashikoi was busy focusing his own chakra into the fish before him. The green glow of Kashikoi’s chakra entering into the fish caused the fish to tremble slightly with movement as he continued manipulating his chakra amounts. Neither of them was giving up. “We can do this. I know we can.”

[WC: 820]
[TWC: 1926/1500]
Human Beast Clone maintained​

Last edited:

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru nodded at Karasu’s explanation. “That’s the idea! Having a few skills from every branch makes you an excellent shinobi.” She also gave a half-smile at the canine’s enthusiasm, but didn’t say anything more- she had her focus on the students’ progress. Medical ninjutsu was easy enough to grasp the basics of, she felt, but there were some who struggled quite a bit- at the end of the day, it was an application of a release that not everyone had experience with. She was also a little concerned with her inability to explain the process in more physical terms. Hopefully visualization would work well enough for these four; it was how she had learned from her father. For someone who had never been a shinobi, he sure knew a lot about ninjutsu theory, and she could never explain a concept as naturally as he could...

The Mednin put aside her nervousness and paid attention to her students’ progress. Karasu had mimicked her hand position, which wasn’t exactly necessary (although it was an excellent idea for visualization). Her formerly-sea-dwelling charge stared up at the sky, eyes, blank, but she was advancing quickly- she definitely had what it took, which was a relief. “Good work so far, Karasu!” the young teacher called. “If feeding chakra into the pool constantly doesn’t work for you, try using the chakra you have more efficiently. It’s all about control, which is why visualization is important; you’re making excellent progress!” Jirou was practically a natural as well. His fish had given a few fleeting signs of life earlier, and while it still appeared rather unmoving, the boy’s glow was already taking on a greenish hue. Kashikoi, meanwhile, channeled his chakra just as well. “Your goal is to apply enough medical chakra to the fish that it’s able to move around again- the more the better, although how long you can maintain it after that is just as important. This technique can be draining and difficult to learn, it’s true. But once you master it, conjuring the chakra necessary will become much easier and much more efficient, so keep at it!”

Hikaru passed Hoichi’s ghostly associate, silently admiring her adaptation. As she did so, however, she felt something behind her, and turned her head to see the girl gathering swirling air around her hands and leaning over the fish. The Mednin managed to mutter, “Not quite-” as she quickly tried to suppress the jutsu with her own carefully-controlled streams of wind, to some effect. In the aftermath, the fish didn’t appear seriously injured, though it was sporting a few clean cuts that would have doubtlessly been quite painful had it still been alive. Hikaru knelt beside Hoichi, smiling, “Wind, huh? An outstanding nature, if I do say so myself, though it can be a bit destructive at first.” She thought for a moment. “If I could show you a bit differently-” the Medical Chief mused, as she formed the green glow with her right hand and began to patch up the creature’s wounds. “Reach out your hands and feel the chakra I’m using. Then, steadily try to match that with chakra of your own- it’s fine to take it slowly. Don’t worry about hurting the fish or me, but try your best not to! This is what training is for.” She’d gradually apply less of her own energy, still glancing up front time to time to see how the others were faring.

[WC: 574]
--
TWC: 2495
PC: 4 / 5

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu was starting to get the hang of the Medical Technique. She has seen flashes of life in the Mackerel. It took a lot of Chakra control but that was one of the things that Karasu was good at. She had always asserted it in different ways but never with a healing technique. Learning Medical Ninjutsu required a slightly different application. Karasu was determined to get it. She listened as Hikaru agreed with her reasoning on why to learn Medical Ninjutsu. It wasn’t easy at all. She really had an admiration for all the Medical Ninja. They really didn’t get all the credit they deserve.

She looked up at Hikaru to ask a question. “So Hikaru….I mean Hikaru Sensei” she corrected herself. “What made you want to become a Medical Ninja and how do you feel about your rapid advancement? Truly you have a gift for it.” Karasu said as she was still concentrating on her fish. The Mackerel she was trying to save was twitching here and there but was still not resuscitated enough to be considered alive or stable. Karasu looked up to see how the others were doing. She first glanced at Jirou who seemed to be at the same level she was with the fish. His fish was twitching periodically but not yet revived. She then turned to Kashikoi who was doing about the same as them. She grinned on how they were all working hard.

Karasu then took a glance at the young academy student named Hoichi. She heard Jirou tell her that she could summon spirits. This made sense when she saw Kashikoi earlier walking along the forest. He was agitated by something. She knew he sensed something and that must have been the spirits. It was always interesting to her when learning about other’s abilities.

Karasu heard Hikaru mention to her that she could use the chakra more efficiently if she needed to. “Alright, I will try that. I think I’m getting it though.” she replied back. “I agree that visualization works at least for me. I tend to learn fast by watching others first." she grinned.

Hikaru spoke to each of them and when she got to the young blind girl Hoichi. She heard her talk about the Wind element. She didn’t know the young girl had the chakra nature of Wind. She went back to her own fish as she made sure her chakra was evenly distributed. Keeping her focus, she could feel the chakra in her hands as it was flowing into the Mackerel. She could sense a small heartbeat in the fish but it was faint. Karasu wiped her brow because this took a lot of energy. Especially for someone who was doing this for the first time.

“C'mon Karasu you can do it.”

She was giving herself a pep talk and she knew she was on the verge of succeeding it just took a little more time than she thought. She didn't know how long she was at it but it felt like forever. She could sense the heartbeat getting stronger in the fish as she continued to heal it. The green glow was all around her hands as she stayed with the process that she learned from Hikaru. It was going slow but steady.

The fish was twitching more which put a smile on Karasu’s face. “It’s ok boy you are going to pull through. I will make sure of it.” she wiped her brow once again with her sleeve. She was starting to sweat a little showing how much effort she asserted by using the Medical Ninjutsu. She felt it was getting closer for the fish to be healed. She willed the Medical Ninjutsu hoping that it would work.

The Mackerel heartbeat was stronger than ever then it suddenly opened its eyes finally to flop rapidly on the mat. Karasu’s big blue eyes widened with a grin on her face. She did it. She actually did it. She turned to Hikaru and everyone else who was near. “OMG! Look over here! Look what I did. I can't believe it!” she said forgetting about saying Sensei. She watched the flopping fish with an ecstatic look on her face. She thought of her mom at this moment wondering if she was looking down on her watching this very moment.

“He’s Alive!”

[WC: 721]
[TWC: 2653/1500]
[PC: ⅘ ]
[MFT]

Hoichi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
“Differently?” Hoichi asks tilting her head slightly as she is unsure how else the teacher would show her the technique. She remembers how her uncle taught her to dance by using chakra strings to move her like a marionette She doubt that the same method could be used here, but perhaps there were other jutsu that would work. However in the end the idea the teacher had was much simpler than what Hoichi had anticipated. She takes the teachers hands into her own. She would then lean down to press a cheek against Hikaru’s fingers and her right ear rest against her knuckles. As the teacher maintained the jutsu she would feel and listen. When the jutsu fades she turns to her original position and let’s go of the teacher’s hands. “Thank you, Sensei.” She then does a small bow of the head.

Hoichi believes she has more of an idea of what she is aiming for. She recalls the advice the teacher gave to them at the start. ‘Visualization is key.’ Being an entertainer, she does her best visualization through performance. Though some might think it flashy to act out a complete show for a single jutsu, it was just how she did things. Music is more than a simple career; it is a part of her. She lives and breathes the melody of life. She takes a deep breath as she thinks up a song appropriate enough for the jutsu. “I believe I am ready.” She claps her hands together and interlace her fingers. She looks like a person in prayer.

Shadows fall
And hope has fled
Steel your heart
The dawn will come

Hoichi’S hands then separate from each other and she raises her arms up into the air. Her head was tilted upward as if she was staring up at the sky above.

The night is long
And the path is dark
Look to the sky
For one day soon
The dawn will come

Within the clearing the class was held dappled sunlight shone through the canopy. Hoichi could feel the warmth of the sun’s blessed rays shine upon her. She envisions collecting this warmth into her hands as she begins channeling her chakra. Soon her hands would give of a green glow.

The Shepard's lost
And his home is far
Keep to the stars
The dawn will come

Her arms would lower and her hands would slide across the fish like she was petting it. Her left hand would touch the right most part and travel left. After her left hand makes it to the other side, her right hand would pick up where it left of and do the same but mirror. She would back and forth like this while picturing her bestow this gentle warm onto the fish. She envision it healing the fish and the cuts that were previously made begin to mend. It was not nearly as impressive as Karasu or Jiirou, but it was something.
[WC: 495]
[TWC: 1930/1500]
[PC: ⅘ ]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou wiped the sweat from his brow as he continued to work at reviving the fish before him. This was considerably more difficult, because the chakra level had to be precise in order for the twitching to be stable and for the heart to start beating. Hikaru was right about the technique being draining. However Jirou was not one to give up and he made continuous adjustments directing his chakra towards the middle of the fish attempting to massage the heart of the fish with the energy from his own chakra.

The green glow of Jirou’s chakra surrounded his hands that he held over the middle of the fish. His eyes were closed and his hands opened and closed as though massaging an invisible heart in his hands attempting to get it to beat. This in fact was what he was doing energetically. While he worked he felt a beat here and there as though he were getting closer to his goal of reviving the fish. He saw in his mind the fish being revived and the chakra in his hands reviving the fish one beat at a time. While he could see the end result, the process was long and tiring as he continued.

He had heard what Hikaru had said about learning skills from every branch making them excellent Shinobi. He knew that what he was learning here today could very well save the life of a friend during a battle. He wanted to be prepared for whatever he might face in the future. He had to be if he was going to be Hokage someday. Jirou wanted to be a Shinobi who would be looked up to, one who could be depended on to protect the Hidden Leaf. This was why he focused his chakra into his hands, continuing to make subtle changes to his energetic levels. He was determined to revive the long dead fish.

While his chakra sent healing energy into the heart of the fish, Jirou’s thoughts drifted back to a time he was surprised he could even remember. It was the image of his mother, her hands over his arm that he had cut while practicing with his father’s katana. She had scolded him for taking the katana without asking. Still she had healed the cut on his arm and made him promise to not do such a thing again. She explained to him that his father would train him to use the katana when he was a little older. For now he should be content to practice with the bokken he had been given and to not be in such a hurry to grow up. Jirou remembered the glowing green light that surrounded her hands and the sensation of her chakra healing his arm. While reflecting on the memory, Jirou realized that he did not even have a scar left as a reminder of what had happened. It made him smile and as he worked he felt the heart of the fish beat several times in a row.

Just then Jirou could feel the sensation of a small burst of electrical energy from the fish. Had he done that or was that from the fish? He could not be certain as the fish began to flop about on the mat with Jirou’s hands still over the fish hoping to maintain his momentum in reviving the fish. The heartbeat was irregular until what he felt was a series of small bursts of electrical energy that regulated the heartbeat into a more even rhythm.

Kashikoi was holding his own on the other mat while his fish flopped back and forth and then slowed. Still it was definite progress and even though Jirou was preoccupied with his own fish, he was able to communicate through their bond what he was doing. Kashikoi adjusted his own chakra into a very precise stream of chakra that succeeded in making the fish flop about on the mat gasping for breath.

As Jirou’s fish moved and struggled to gulp down air, he had to wonder if the fish had really been brought back to life. Did the fish feel pain as it struggled to breathe outside of its natural environment? Shouldn’t they find a way to get it back in water? These were all questions that Jirou was in the process of pondering when he heard Karasu practically shout, “He’s Alive!” Jirou blinked at the thought of how much Karasu sounded like how he imagined the mad scientist sounded in the book that he had read. That scientist had managed to bring a long dead creature back to life before it eventually ended up killing him. He looked back at his fish as it flopped about on the mat and calmly stated, “My fish is moving and has a heartbeat. Does this mean that my fish is alive and if it is, do you think it feels pain? Shouldn’t we have a bucket of water to put the fish in?”

[WC: 831]
[TWC: 2757/1500]
[PC: ⁴/₅ ]
[MFT]
Human Beast Clone maintained​

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Standing beside Karasu as she worked chakra through her arms into the fish, the Mednin thought for a moment. It was a good question, and she supposed she should think about it a bit more… now that her new job had become a part of life, she couldn’t use the initial surprise as an excuse for not being able to put her opinion to words. “I think it was a lot of encouragement from my father, along with some intrigue about the branch itself… I had attended a few ANBU-oriented tutors and classes, and when I tried a Medical one for the first time something just clicked. And thank you, really.” She accepted the compliment graciously, putting her self-consciousness in the back of her mind. “Whatever branch you choose, I think it’s important to really care about the work you’re going to do there. That goes for all of you-” she addressed the whole class, continuing, “whether you decide to join the Medical Branch or not. Although, if you’d like, I’d be glad to speak with our Sennin on your behalf.” She grinned- they could always use a few more hands to help out around the Konoha Byoin.

-​

Hikaru stepped back from Hoichi’s mat with a smile and a nod, allowing her to try the technique for herself. She was glad to help the girl in whatever way she could, and her learning technique had been interesting; the Mednin wondered what the Mystical Hand jutsu sounded like super up-close. For a time, she watched the student move in a slow dance, singing another ethereal melody. Her hands formed the jutsu’s green glow, and she applied it to the fish carefully as Hikaru beamed. “Great work, Hoichi,” she breathed, not wanting to disturb her if the echo of her song was still present.

All four of them were making excellent progress- she was able to spot muscular twitches from all of the aquatic patients. Though it wasn’t unusual for Academy Students and Genin to be able to manifest the first effects of this jutsu in about half an hour, they were usually taught by Medical staff with far more experience than she- whether it was their natural talent or her ability to teach (or both), she was overjoyed that this first class was a success. Almost on cue, Karasu exclaimed her victory. Rushing over to examine her handiwork, Hikaru grinned once more- she had indeed. Looking over, it seemed that Jirou and Kashikoi had successfully revived their fish as well, the former even using a small amount of lightning chakra as a defibrillator to correct his patient’s heartbeat. Their fish were flopping distinctly up and down even after they stopped using the jutsu, and Hoichi’s as well was showing promising signs of life; she had completely repaired the damage, which was no small feat. Brimming with pride at their success, the Medical Chief announced, “Well done, everyone! You’ve all certainly gotten the hang of the Mystical Hand technique, and I hope it serves you well in the future. To answer your question, Jirou- at all levels but the very top, Medical Ninjutsu is only capable of healing physical wounds and breathing physical life into living or once-living things. Though it’s very effective at patching up a bodily injury or even restoring motor functions to a fish, this jutsu can’t heal the mind or the soul. That’s why Medical jutsu can’t be used to revive people that died long ago. So no, while it’s a bit morbid, the fish don’t feel a thing.”

She began to gather the mats and supplies back into the scroll, continuing to talk as she did so, “On that note, however, there are an incredible variety of techniques that can heal all sorts of things, from broken limbs to minds warped by Genjutsu. If you’d like to take your study of the field further, my door at the Byoin is always open!” Hikaru collected the fish, no longer flopping about, and resealed them in the scroll. “Now, I’ll accompany you back to the village. From there, congratulations- you’ve all passed! I encourage you to practice this jutsu when you can, particularly on yourself if the opportunity arises. Try not to purposefully trip on a kunai during training if you can help it, but the extra experience doesn’t hurt at all.” With another smile, she turned towards the direction they had arrived from.

OOC said:
Congratulations on completing the class, all of you! Thanks for joining in for my first time teaching, I had a great time :)
Rewards!

[Topic left unless stopped]
[WC: 735]
--
TWC: 3230
PC: 5 / 5

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Karasu smiled at Hikaru “I knew you were a natural. For myself I never knew that I would learn healing even watching my mum but I was very young when I watched her. I know if she was here with me she would encourage me to do so. So maybe her spirit is with me encouraging me." She grinned at the Medical Chief.

After her fish started to flop on the mat the excitement in Karasu’s eyes intensified. “I can’t believe I did it. Maybe I’m a natural too.” she shrugged then looked at Jirou and Kashikoi who’s fish started to flop on their mats. “Wow good job guys and Kashikoi I will get you a treat for not trying to eat the fish. “

She then turned to Hoichi to see how the young academy girl did. She sang a song which was quite interesting to Karasu. She wondered if there was a deeper meaning behind the song. After Hoichi finished singing she saw the fish that was in front of her starting to move. “Brilliant!” she said, giving the academy girl a warm smile. She knew she couldn’t see the smile but hoping her excitement would show that she was impressed with her.

Hikaru told them they all passed and encouraged all of them to continue to practice. “Oh I will” Karasu said then heard Hikaru mention an option if they wanted to go learn further.. Though she felt that she could succeed in the Medical Branch she wanted to pursue the Main Branch for now, still she thought it would be a good idea to learn as much as she could. “I will definitely talk to you about it. Probably stop by the hospital for some more lessons.” she grinned. She turned to Jirou and Kashikoi. “I don’t know about you guys but I’m hungry. Wanna stop at a ramen shop? I did promise Kashikoi I would get him something. So treat is on me.”

[WC: 327]
[TWC: 2980/1500]
[PC: ⁵/₅]
[Topic Left]

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Jirou looked up at Hikaru when she addressed the class. Jirou had succeeded in stabilizing the heartbeat as the fish flopped about on the mat. While he listened to the answer from Hikaru about whether or not the fish was actually alive, he began to understand. “The fish is like a fleshy puppet then. The life and movement that is happening is coming from us. As soon as we withdraw our chakra, then the fish will cease its movement. Like so…” Jirou stops feeding the fish his chakra and lowers his hands to his side. The fish slows and finally stops flopping about becoming perfectly still once again. He looked over towards Kashikoi who had also stopped working with his own fish. The wolf reverts back to his actual form and yips excitedly when Karasu mentions stopping at the ramen shop.

Jirou looks over towards Karasu and the spooky girl who can summon ghosts. Each of them had been successful in reanimating their respective fish. Healing ninjutsu took a lot out of the one who was doing the healing. He was beat and hungry after doing this for just the duration of the class. This gave him a new found admiration for those who did this on a daily basis. When he heard Karasu mention the ramen shop, Jirou did not hesitate. “I could eat two bowls. I am so hungry.” He reaches into his tools pouch removing his wallet and looking to see if he had enough for two bowls. He sighs when he realizes that he has just enough for one bowl. That would be enough for him and Karasu had already said that she would treat Kashikoi. “Well one bowl will have to do then.” After a moment of thought Jirou walks over closer to where Spooky and Hikaru are standing. Addressing the two of them he asks, “Would you two like to also go with us to the ramen shop for a bowl of ramen? The five of us can celebrate passing the class over a bowl of ramen.” Jirou was still thinking about a possible nickname for their instructor, Hikaru. Perhaps over a bowl of ramen he would come up with a suitable nickname for her too. “What do you two say?” Jirou was happy and he wanted to celebrate with his new friends, Spooky and Hikaru.

Together the five of them made their way back to the village. Jirou was pleased and determined to continue practicing. Though he wasn’t going to trip on a kunai deliberately just to get the practice. He was sure there would be plenty of opportunities for practice, especially since he trained hard everyday. Once they returned to the village he thanked the instructor, “Thank you for the class. I really enjoyed taking part and learned a lot. Maybe sometime I will see you on a mission in the future.”

[WC: 480]
[TWC: 3237/1500]
[PC: ⁵/₅ ]
[Topic Left]​

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back