Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Lamentations (Private)

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The Shima Estate was quite large, but nothing so large as the man beheld in his years on this world dabbling with the upper crust of society. Hoshikata's eyes had beheld palaces that dwarfed this entire village, spires that rose to the sky and held thousands of people, a single house that spanned two islands and forever changed the ecosystem of the land it was in. The Shima Estate was, in his mind, a modest affair for the clan which owned it, large enough to show off their standing but not so large as to be gaudy and throw it in the face of all who happened to look in that direction. It said “We are a great clan” instead of “Duck, I'm about to turn around and don't want my massive penis made of money to knock you over.”.

Hoshikata approached the gate like he belonged there. His red robes flowed in the slight breeze as the cap on the Staff of Verin tapped along the pavement, his black boots not making a sound as they crossed the stone underfoot. As he reached that gate barring all from entering the walled home, he would simply keep walking, his entire form passing between the bars as if they, or he, were not there. He lets go of the staff, the weapon standing straight and awaiting his beckon or return, and knocks loudly on the door. Once opened, he would remove two sealed letters from his robes, handing them to the doorman. Explaining that they were for one Shima Haruka, the Seer would then turn and walk off, grabbing his staff once more and walking back through that gate without bothering to open it or have it opened for him.

The letters were on plain people, sealed in plain envelopes. The first was in a precise handwriting.
Letter said:
Haruka,

You spoke of your oath to protect the village. You said I could destroy all that you loved and held dear. Your words did not ring false, for I have done much in my life that could well bring down a terrible fate upon many. But I know now why I did such. I know what I want, and what I never wanted. Many evils can be rightly laid at my feet, and I cannot change that those actions occurred. I can, however, try to right the world. I can take the darkness within and turn it into a shining light. You showed me that this was possible. I leave to slay a great threat to your village, the Kingslayer. I have heard of his prowess, and feel I can handle it well enough. If I should not return, however, I wish to thank you for your words, and the moment of weakness we shared which led to this understanding. I hope we might share more such moments in the future, if you can accept me.

Hoshikata.

The second letter had a more flowing writing to it, recognizable as from the same hand but as if the words were not so well thought out and instead came from the mind immediately. It was a poem in couplets.
Poem said:
From the southern shores rises the sun
His light strong and golden spun
Sure of his path he wanders the world
Not knowing Luna shall see it unfurled

With words as gentle as air and hard as steel
She brought him down and made Sol kneel
The cage of orbit she revealed to his sight
A prison he never knew before to fight

Sun and Moon dance for a day
And their fears they do allay
For while they share the skies so high
Never for one was the other nearby

Sol's golden glow shall not dim or die
Filling the world for Luna to spy
Set free like a newborn dove
Able to see a new world above.

(Topic entered/left, S rank 30 minutes till out.)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I will have those." He stepped out from the dark hallway as the servant came rushing back into the foyer. The parchment were clutched tightly in her hands, but not guarded enough against her master's will. Harukaze held his hand out with an overpowering glare. The girl could do nothing but submit the letters meant for the Lady Haruka to Lord Harukaze. She got onto her knees and presented the papers to her lord, head bowed in fear. The Shima clutched them up, strolling away to his office for a private reading. "Have no one disturb me. If you see Haruka, send her to me." He quietly commanded, slipping past the sliding door frame. His assistant, kneeling on the ground, merely bowed and shut the door behind Harukaze. The father of Haruka quickly went to read the letter first. His daughter, a shameful and careless girl, had gotten herself involved in the likes of Isaki Hoshikata. He was no fool though. Certainly a man of his caliber was a fierce and possible asset to the Shima. Not only did they cross paths, but no doubt she had captured his heart. She was smart in some ways at least. It was too bad she was so inexperienced that she did not know what to do with that control. The next paper addressed to her, a poem written by the mysterious man. Harukaze admired the man's skill with a smug grin. An Isaki, through and through, raised in the highest of society. Their clan was much like the Shima. Perhaps that is where his daughter drew on their similarities. "So, he will kill the Kingslayer to earn face in the eyes of the great Hayata Shin? He'll be searching for years. Looking for a man who is already gone, along with that fool Masao."

Just then, the door slid open. Standing in the frame was the shadowy outline of a woman. Harukaze merely smiled, beckoning her in with the wave of a hand. A defiant glare glimmered lowly in her dark eyes. "So now you're stealing my things?" She spat out, reaching for the letters on his desk. He didn't move an inch as her hands seized them with a shaking anger. She knew not what they were about, but she knew who. She heard the servant whisper 'a man like a ghost, with golden skin.' It had been so long and rarely had she thought about him until her return home. Why was he here? Abruptly, Haruka spun on her heels. Her first step was not taken before he spoke once again.

"You stupid girl. You don't even realize what power you control. That man is so desperate for you, he's willing to change everything about himself. Its entirely ridiculous, really." His sickening laughter snickered through the room, sending cold chills down her spine. "If you loved your precious Natsu so much, why ever would this man think he had a chance with you? You must of done something to give him this idea. Hmm, Haruka-Chan? You are as much of a villain as you see me. To think you could manipulate these men and here you are spouting off some noble 'follow-your-heart' crap. Its sickening, and nothing less is expected of a Shima. Of my child." Haruka faced him once again. She clenched her fist tightly, shaking with rage and hatred. Hatred of who, she was not sure. Harukaze did not lie. She was a disgrace. Haruka the Liar. "What would he do, if he knew? Poor Natsu."

"Stay away from him. You should not worry about what he will do, but what I will do to you." Her voice was a low growl. He had struck a rage in her that had never been felt before. She was like a tight wire in which he pulled tighter with each smirk, each word, and every laugh he let loose. It would take not much else to snap her into madness. Unimpressed, her father simple began addressing letters as if all was normal.

"How far would you go to give Natsu everything? Hoshikata would be a valuable asset to Cloud. However, I do not think he will trust us if his heart is broken by you. If only you could turn an enemy of Cloud into an ally. It would reflect nicely on Natsu's record if somehow you could reflect this back on him. After all, you are his subordinate. Just a thought. Have a nice day, Haruka." He waved her off. Before she felt the rising urge to strike him, Haruka removed herself from the area as quickly as possible.

***​

"Oh Hoshikata..." Haruka sat the letter down at her feet. She looked up at the stars rising in the sky, settled comfortably in the garden. Hugging her knees to her chest, she sighed. He was going to such great lengths to set himself free of that cage. She didn't see it as an act of love for her. He was stronger than that, not compelled by such trivial things. If she could speak to him again, what would be said? Did she think this mission to be foolish? Was she only putting him into another cage? Her head rested against her knees, eyeing the poem near her. If he was the sun, then she was the moon.

Everything had tipped so perfectly into her father's favor. It was a careless mistake that she could not control. An ally of Kumogakure, huh? I never meant for you to forge a path for me. I only wanted you to do it all for yourself. Keeping you here might not be best for Cloud after all. How can we trust Hoshikata? How can anyone trust me? I will hurt Natsu or I will hurt Hoshikata.

"You stupid fool!" She picked up a rock, meaning to chuck it at her father's house. The blight of frost subdued it at her touch, as well as the grass at her feet. It only made her give up, letting it fall out of her hand. She watched the papers freeze into solid ice with sad eyes. She did not know who the fool was though. Anyone could be blamed. Despite the animosity she felt against herself and her father and the pity she had for Hoshikata, the Haku could only think of Natsu. She needed to face him soon. But, first...She had to decide.

[Topic Entered/Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back