Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Learning is Forever [PM for Entrance]

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The time was about eleven o'clock when Gekido had left his family in the safe confines of the forest and headed into Kumogakure to fulfill a goal he had only just came up with days before. In all his time as a ninja, not once had Gekido devised any sort of jutsu for himself; er, jutsu that he created from scratch. All the techniques he had known were taught to him either by his Sensei in the ANBU corp, his father, or from scrolls in the library. But with his life in a transition, the aging man decided that it would be a good time to start getting interested in more complex things unlike the simple life he lead at home. So for the first time in over a decade he would be visiting the library to read up on information about making jutsu. The poor guy didn't know what to expect, and he already knew it was going to take him a while to get back into the swing of reading literately.

Even at his quickened pace, it was about half an hour before he arrived at the ornate building and glanced down to Judo who seemed to be hot from the brisk walk here. His tongue flapped lazily in the open panting and Gekido mocked him for a moment until the massive dog snapped in his direction. "Come on, it'll be cooler inside while I make my head hurt with this stuff..." he groaned and began up the steps to the door. Once inside, the cool air connected with his skin and a short sigh escaped his lips. Judo had a more extreme reaction of rolling on the cool ground to cool his fur. Luckily the Inuzuka calmed the librarian nearby by getting her attention with a question about the location of certain texts. With the information on a piece of paper, Gekido summoned his companion to help him look for the few books the woman could suggest.

Once retrieved, Gekido took the few materials to a desk nearby and looked at the titles of each. Picking the one with the most boring title, he sat in the chair and flipped it open to the table of contents to see what relevant content he could pull from the pages within. Judo quickly sprawled out next to him in happiness and began rolling around on the cool floor before settling with his paws in the air, pack aligned with the hard ground. His tail was wagging as he looked up to Kido and the Inuzuka only rolled his eyes and went back to the boring text.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari held up her hand to shade her eyes, as she finally reached the big building. "Well that's a lot bigger than home..." She said, "And that's just the library..." She grinned, "that's the library!" then she rushed forward, clutching her certificate of acceptance before her with a fierce grin. She was on the way to becoming a ninja. As she ran up to the door, she remembered her manners, and slowed her steps. Then she hauled open the large doors and entered, out of the hot sun and into the cool room. "Woah..." she murmured, allowing the door to slip backward. She took in the big shelves and so many books...Then the door clanged shut and she squeaked in surprise. "Oops..." she said, cringing as the librarian looked over at her. She mouthed 'sorry'. Then she saw the only other occupants of the room. An old man and his dog.... well old relatively speaking. He was definitely a grownup. And his dog was much larger than any old dog she'd ever seen.

"Wow." She said, tiptoeing closer, though she knew both the man and the dog already knew she was there. The warning bells in the back of her head, which all seemed to sound like her mother, told her not to just approach the dog or the man. They were strangers, and the dog looked like he could eat her in just a few bites... but he was a very pretty dog... So she edged closer and smiled at them. "Hi." She murmured under her breath, almost like she were practicing, then she cleared her throat, and said, "Hi, my name is Hikari. I'm new to the school... I like your dog..." She realized she was clenching her fists, so she relaxed and wiped her moist palms on her pant legs, and swung her arms... then she arrested the movement and stood there, as if for inspection, waiting for the man and or the dog to acknowledge her. "Are you a ninja?" The tentative plan was to continue talking in short bursts until he looked at her. "Ummm... what's his name? What's your name...?

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There was a loud bang which brought the eyes of both Gekido and his Ninken toward the door where a tiny little girl had made the very loud noise. She seemed to notice them after mouthing some words to the librarian, but the Inuzuka and his companion had already returned to their previous tasks: Reading and Lazing. As his eyes had to re-read a couple of the lines over and over to apply to knowledge to memory, Gekido didn't realize the girl's approach right away. Judo on the other hand had his eyes fixed upon hers as she approached. The massive animal remained motionless as she approached with a small exclamation of 'wow'. As she drew closer, Judo rolled to his belly and stuck his nose closer to her, smelling whatever scents she had picked up on the way to the library. By that time, she was also close to enough to where Gekido too could smell her and it occurred to him that she was actually talking to the both of them. A small inaudible comment came forth and Gekido had to draw his eyes away from the text to listen again to her clear statement after words.

The way she spoke was so irritably cute that Gekido knew he wouldn't have the hear just ignore her. His time with his family had softened him; years ago he would have chewed her out for disturbing him. The Inuzuka's eyes looked her over, trying to get a sense at how new to the school she was. He sensed no prominent chakra, so it put him at ease to let his guard down. He watched her wipe her palms on he legs as he inspected. "Nervous?" he questioned then looked to Judo. "Who wouldn't be." he thought and smiled at her question and how she continued talking. It seemed that she wasn't weary of strangers, which was strange. But it was a library; the only danger here would most likely be a bookshelf falling on you. Most criminals didn't come to places like this. "His name is Judo." Gekido began with a faint smile. The large animal soon lifted himself to a sitting position and starred at her, sniffing around her head which could probably have fit in his mouth. "And my name is Gekido. We are shinobi. But what's a pup like you doing here all alone? I thought the academy had it's one library for students? Or are you one of those nerdy kids that everyone picks on?" he questioned. He remembered a few kids he used to bully in class. One of them would go to the library to escape his childish wrath. Could it be that she was hear for that very reason? Or was she in fact on a mission like he was?

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She tried to stand very still as he looked her over, just as she would have if her father was presenting her to an acquaintance. Very proper, and still... then he smiled, so she figured the inspection was over, and she sighed with relief. "I'm a little nervous. I mean... you're kinda scary looking... in a good way, I think..." She smiled "But papa says I have a very unhealthy fear complex. It's just cause I don't let scary things scare me..." She shrugged. "He says its not a good thing."

"His name is Judo." The man said, pointing at the dog, who had sat up.

"Well Hi, Judo!" She said, "I don't think I've ever met a more awesome looking dog." She said shaking her head, 'Not even in all the books in my papa's library."

"And my name is Gekido. We are shinobi. But what's a pup like you doing here all alone? I thought the academy had it's one library for students? Or are you one of those nerdy kids that everyone picks on?"

Hikari watched him as he spoke, he did not remind her of her father, though they must have been about the same age. He seemed much rougher. "Shinobi." She repeated to herself, as he continued talking, "I'm... I'm here to learn. Why else do you come to a library?" She chuckled, "What are you doing here?" She asked, "You look like you belong in the woods? Nerdy? My dad is a store owner. I read a lot." She stuck her chin up in defiance, "I know lots of stuff. Nobody's picked on me for it yet..."

She leaned over to look at his books. "Those look boring." She said, "What are you trying to learn?" She reached over to get a look at the title, "I seriously doubt you're going to learn anything from that. It looks mind numbing... and I like books." She shook her head.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Judo seemed to actually smile when he was complimented in such a grand way. He mouth parted and a big long tongue reached out to lick the side of her face in a joyful manner. The Inuzuka could already tell what his friend was saying through his actions. "I like this pup!" Gekido only rolled his eyes at the behavior and tried to get a feel for some sense of base he could take with her. Were it a boy who had come up to him, it could have been a different story as to how this played out. Then again, most boys don't hit the library.

He nodded his head when she repeated his word for ninja. Though that wasn't quite her title. Technically she was Kunoichi, specifically 'female ninja'. But he wasn't going to interrupt her to reprimand the mistake. Perhaps if he were her sensei he might have, but not until she was finished with her talkative manner of speaking.

She laughed at his question, as to her the answer was obvious. Judo chuckled along with her and Gekido rolled his eyes obviously claiming the fault; she had made him look the fool, this child. She then responded with the same question in mind to which Gekido could only smile as she tacked on some more information. 'Twas true that the man actually lived out in the forests of Kumo's surrounding area. And when she defended her reading habit, her attitude of supremacy only made him smile, somewhat reminding him of himself when he was younger; only it was his skills at killing that he was proud of. "I'm here to learn as well, what else do you do in a library?" he responded in the same exact way she did to get her back, but it was done with a wide smile so she wouldn't feel he didn't like her for that. Hikari then responded with a more refined question that garnered a more specific response. "What I am learning... Is probably too hard for you to understand." he said with a wise look as he reached a hand out to pat her on the head like he would a small dog.

Her opinion on the books he had chose were probably accurate, at least the part about mind numbing. "Probably true little pup, but this books are what I need to force my way through if I am going to achieve what I am seeking. When you grow up and are my age, it won't be picture books any more." he said with a small smile. Gekido watched her for just a moment, compiling just what he knew from what she had told him. "Reads alot, but parents own a shop. They aren't necessarily poor so why doesn't she get out more? Either they are over protective, or she just likes books. More to this story perhaps..." he concluded in thought and look into her eyes. "So Hikari, why is a little book worm like yourself joining the academy as a Kunoichi? You know it's the military right?" he asked with the intention of learning something about her home, not really aiming for the answer itself.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Judo licked her cheek, and Hikari giggled, "I like you too!" She said, scratching Judo's ears. Then he responded to her comment about the library with a grin and and a mirrored retort.

"What I am learning... Is probably too hard for you to understand." He said patting her head in that manner that all children find terribly patronizing, and all adults forget is insulting. So she commented about how they looked mind numbing, and he responded "Probably true little pup, but this books are what I need to force my way through if I am going to achieve what I am seeking. When you grow up and are my age, it won't be picture books any more."

"I haven't read a picture book in six years, Shinobi Gekido." She said trying tot to pout at the obvious affront. "Maybe it is too hard for me to understand though... I know I don't know everything." She said quietly. "I can learn though..."

Gekido seemed to consider what she'd said, which made her feel important. He looked directly into her eyes,.. she noticed that they were very intense, and something else. They made her think of the wild things beyond the edge of the city.. "So Hikari, why is a little book worm like yourself joining the academy as a Kunoichi? You know it's the military right?"

"Of course I know it's military." She said, "I'm here because I have three choices in life." She ticked them off on her fingers, "First; I could teach, like my mother. But I decided years ago I wasn't going to be satisfied sitting scrunched up behind a desk trying to break through stupidness again and again. Two; I could carry on my father's business. I love the library... don't get me wrong... but that would be like rereading the same book again and again, day after day after day, always knowing about tomorrow. I didn't want that either." She shrugged, as if those words hadn't echoed through her, haunted her wonderings for forever. "I always knew what I wanted to be." She smiled derisively, "From the moment I cracked my first book." Then she scratched Judo some more, "What about you? Why did you become a shinobi?

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A toothy grin formed as the small girl in front of him tried to defend against his patronizing comment regarding picture books. It was so cute how the little voice pouted so effectively; it melted away any kind of guard Gekido normally kept. At any moment he could have easily been assassinated, but it was a good thing they were the only ones here at the time wasn't it. Her reply left his mouth with a good taste. "Wise words...she'll go far in the village. If she can fight..." he thought. A thought came to mind that seemed preposterous in his current position, but it lingered; nagging at him while she responded to his question.

Her hand rose with three fingers as she began. Teaching; what a boring job. The only thing Kido ever learned of use in school was to read and write. After that, you don't really need the other knowledge when your job is killing for the village. Running a shop; exactly what Gekido thought. There was no excitement in something like that. Naturally, this left her with the obvious choice of joining the academy. He could assume that a business man and teacher wouldn't want a path like that for their child, but it really wasn't their choice. As she smiled in conclusion, so did Gekido. He watched her scratch his companions fur and leaned on one of his hands as it was her turn to inquire something. "Why did I become a shinobi?" he repeated giving a silly look to Judo, as if asking if he should come out with truth or lie.

The animal instead took the lead to explain just how they decided to become Shinboi-- in dog speak. "Rawaraw rrrgarw rawr..." he began in a silly manner, nearly human like with his paw-expressions. Gekido rolled his eyes and chuckled as he turned his attention to see how she was taking it. But he needed to decide what to tell her. She was going to learn the truth soon enough, so why hide this. "What Judo is trying to say, is, he and I come from a place really different than the city. When we joined the academy, we joined it for the rush of battle... to feel the blood of our enemies gush from the claws on our hands." Gekido said in a more serious tone, tapping the long clawed fingers on the table next to the books. "But after so many years, things change. I fight for something else now. My family..." he said, trailing of in a sad tone. He was remembering his meeting with the Main Branch Sennin and how his family was in jeopardy. But then a grand idea formed in his head when he realized just who he was talking to. "Hey Hikari, I have a son who is about your age who is joining the academy. I'm sure he'd love a friend like you. Plus I can't be there to watch him. So maybe you could keep an eye on him for me?" Gekido said with a somewhat forced smile.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As they spoke, Hikari noticed how much more at ease Gekido seemed. The tension she hadn't really noticed was melting as she told him about herself, and as he responded to her query, "Why did I become a shinobi?" he repeated giving a silly look to Judo. It made her want to laugh, but she just grinned, because she didn't want to be rude.

Then Judo responded in dog speak. "Rawaraw rrrgarw rawr..." Waving his paws about as any old person would when they spoke.

At first Hikari was a little surprised, then she clamped her hands over her mouth to stifle a high pitched giggle. She faintly heard Gekido laughing as well, before he interjected, "What Judo is trying to say, is, he and I come from a place really different than the city. When we joined the academy, we joined it for the rush of battle... to feel the blood of our enemies gush from the claws on our hands."

Hikari cocked her head, "You came just because you wanted to fight?" Then her face scrunched, "Battle can be found anywhere. Enemies... they say enemies are even more common. Why come to a place like this, if all you wanted to do was fight?"

But he wasn't done, he continued, "But after so many years, things change. I fight for something else now. My family..." he said, trailing of in a sad tone.

"His family...? Are they in danger?" She wondered.

"Hey Hikari, I have a son who is about your age who is joining the academy. I'm sure he'd love a friend like you. Plus I can't be there to watch him. So maybe you could keep an eye on him for me?"

"Keep an eye on him?" She asked, "Well, I guess... I mean, I could definitely be his friend. I don't know if he'd be very happy with somebody 'keeping an eye' on him. I wouldn't. I'd be really upset. Why can't you watch over him? Don't you work here? Or... are you one of the shinobi that go on quests?" She smiled at the thought briefly, then returned her eyes to him, "What's your son's name, Gekido?" She asked, "Is he... like, a small version of you, all gruff and tough, but actually pretty friendly? Where would I meet him... and how do I know who he is?"

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gekido nodded his head once, just once, to her restatement of his question. Her words came faster than he could reply and it only made him smile. She was so quick-tongued that it actually humored him. Thankfully there was a lull in her statements to which he could address what she had put forward and try to explain why he was asking-- Not! She just kept on going. "His name is Katsuo, and as a senior shinobi, I can't really watch him. So yea, I guess you can say I do go out on missions often. Little pup, you don't have to go and walk up to him and say 'I'm here to watch you!', try to be a bit more discrete." he suggested and then something clicked into his mind. He can make this a bit more fulfilling for her if he worded this right. "Hikari, think of it like a mission of your own! You can be his friend of course, but it's your mission to use your growing ninja skills to watch him when you're around him." he smiled with a smile, confident he got the message across. Hopefully she would be more excited to have a mission from a senior shinobi than to just do a favor. Now to address her later inquiries. "Yeah you could say he looks like me. Lives out in the woods so he'll probably be a bit more smelly than the others and look like he gets up on the wrong side of the bed everyday. So trust me, when you see him, you'll know just who he is." Gekido concluded with a wide smile thinking of his boy. It wasn't too long ago they went hunting together, perhaps it was time once again. Hopefully the elder Inuzuka had picked a good choice, and hopefully she would take the 'mission'; Gekido knew he would have to make it up to her somehow if she did.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"A mission!" She grinned, "Wow." She cocked her head, "Like... a real mission? Not just an errand? My mom used to send me out on 'Missions" all the time. Milk mission, mail mission... That kind of thing isn't real." She said, shaking her head, "And... what's the goal? Watch him, sure, but for what? Bad table manners, hygiene....?" She paused for a moment and considered, "You think... he might be in danger here?" Mother would say she'd read too many wild stories. A child in danger at school? But right there on the letter of acceptance into the academy, it said that not all of them would survive. "Gekido... what am I watching Katsuo for? Maybe I shouldn't be watching just him..." OK that sounded a little crazy... but she had a feeling that there was more going on here than she knew. "Oh and Of course I wouldn't just walk up to him and say, 'Hey your dad asked me to keep an eye on you!" She chuckled, "That would be silly."

As to his appearance, Gekido said, "Yeah you could say he looks like me. Lives out in the woods so he'll probably be a bit more smelly than the others and look like he gets up on the wrong side of the bed everyday. So trust me, when you see him, you'll know just who he is."

"Smelly doesn't bother me much. Many of my mother's pupils were boys... and most boys are smellier than others. So... he looks like you... Hmm." She stepped back and stared at him, scrunching her eyes, trying to confuse her vision into making him look like his son. "OK.' She said, nodding. "Bed head, messy, looks like Gekido, and is kind of on the smelly side. Got it!" Then she frowned, "What if... Katsuo doesn't like me? Doesn't want to be around me? What them Gekido? Am I supposed to... follow him anyway?" She made a face that she hoped would convey how bad an idea she thought it was. "Ya know, Gekido, you look really nice when you smile. Still scary, but it makes you brighter! I like it!" She stepped back to her spot by Judo again, and told Gekido, "I think you should smile more."

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gekido's smile returned as she reacted in such a way. "There may come a time when you dread ever wanting a mission, so enjoy it while you can." he thought while maintaining a positive expression. He nodded his head a few times throughout to respond to he short inquiries and then laughed heartily as she had noted her mom sent her on mission, though, they weren't quite as exciting as she hoped they would be. But it seemed that Hikari was going to be taking the task seriously; it seemed like his choice of words was going to pay off after all. "You think... he might be in danger here?" she said. Gekido looked down at the table for a moment, his face losing that kind smile it rarely made before his family had settled. As she seemed to be in thought, so was the Inuzuka man. He was trying to figure out just how to sate her question. Gekido looked into her eyes for a moment and smiled softly. "I wouldn't say he is danger physically, but I fear that my deeds as a shinobi may have placed him in a precarious position." he began, trying to think of how to speak properly. "Hikari-chan, Katsuo needs a friend that I, myself, can trust. And I like you, so maybe just keep him out of trouble by being his friend. Watch for anyone trying to influence him in way you wouldn't think proper." Gekido explained while bringing a finger up to his temple. Were his words too complex for her young mind? Could she understand what he was requesting?

Thankfully, his boys smell would not be an issue. But she seemed to step back to look at him in a strange way to which he leaned back in his chair and place his hands behind his head to lean back. "What are you doing..." he said softly, starring back at her inquisitively. At her conclusion of the look, if Gekido had been drinking at the time, he would have spit out the liquid in laughter. A few deep chuckles resounded in the relatively empty library, but the librarian wasn't going to sass the man with a giant dog. However, Hikari would cease the laughter with doubtful question the made Gekido's lips press together and eyes squint in thought; he was wondering just what kind of friends he would make. "Well," he began. "He generally likes everyone unless they challenge him on things. So you just be yourself and don't worry about it if he doesn't like you. Just give him time to come around, and I'll be talking to him and put a good word in for you, somehow." he responded with a cheeky smile. How was really the question. He didn't want Katsuo knowing that he knew Hikari, but he also needed to make sure that Katsuo made the right connections in the academy. Gekido could already tell this girl was going to do amazing things in her future.

Her next words surprised him! "Children, so blunt that it's cute. And more times than not, their words might not be developed, but their meaning is genuine. Children are the only people you can really trust with opinions." he said with a smile that brought his eyes close together. "Well just for you Hikari-chan, I'll smile more for you." he thought with a genuine grin. "Now how about we help each other out here in the library. Were you searching for something specific? I might have first hand experience and can teach you it." he offered.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As soon as she asked if Katsuo might be in danger, she knew he answer. It was written in his eyes, as he looked into hers. He smiled, but it was the kind of smile one gives to comfort another. Soft, almost strained. Utterly without comfort. "I wouldn't say he is danger physically, but I fear that my deeds as a shinobi may have placed him in a precarious position." He said, then he halted and considered his words. Hikari bit her lip, she wanted to do what her mother would have done, pat him on the head and say it would be alright. She wanted to, but she didn't, because if his actions had placed his son in danger, she knew very well, no head pat could fix it. "Hikari-chan, Katsuo needs a friend that I, myself, can trust. And I like you, so maybe just keep him out of trouble by being his friend. Watch for anyone trying to influence him in way you wouldn't think proper." Gekido explained while bringing a finger up to his temple."

Hikari smiled, as he told her, however indirectly, that he trusted her. "I like you too, Gekido." She said as he spoke, softly though, just so he could hear, not so he would pause his speech. "I can do that." She nodded excitedly. Then as he thought of his son, and she commented on his smile, he grinned.

"Now how about we help each other out here in the library. Were you searching for something specific? I might have first hand experience and can teach you it." he offered.

Hikari's eyes widened, "Really? I mean... I missed the first lesson Sensei Raikage gave... The truth is, I came here to try and catch up... well... and to learn something that the others don't know." She grinned slyly, "I know I'm probably behind, just because my parents aren't ninja. The others already know names and ranks and... well, probably a lot that I don't know. Anything would probably help." She shrugged. "Think I could help you learn? Maybe... I don't know... some people learn better when things are shown to them... I can draw." She grinned. "Like... Pictionary! My mama used that sometimes when there was a really hard subject to learn." After a little more head scratching she remembered Katsuo. Then she thought about "Hey, Gekido... what if somebody does try to influence him, how can I contact you? If... If I see something, and he won't listen?" She asked, "If that happens, what am I supposed to do? You said he doesn't like being challenged by people. Well, if I tell him something's wrong but..." She sighed, "Boys are stubborn."

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gekido's head instinctively moved up and down against her doubting words. When he said something, he meant it, and there was no changing that in that slightest. Gekido already had a mindset to help her in any way he could because of the task she was going to undertake. He wasn't sure if it was going to place her in danger, but there really was no way to tell that future.

Hikari began to explain why she had come to the library and one of Gekido's right brow hiked upward. "She doesn't seem the type to be truant. I wonder how she missed it... he questioned as she went on. But she showed ambition for this missed time; Hikari sought knowledge that would put her ahead of the pack, for she was already handicapped coming from a family with no ninja background. Unlike the potential successor of clans in her class, she would be one of the few who would have the hardest time grasping concepts as they were entirely new for her. And, she had no family member to help her. In this way, Gekido could assist her. But when she asked if she could help him, Gekido nearly fell back in his hair. When he had even reached the leaning position, he didn't even know, but this child kept surprising him. He hoped that she wouldn't change in the academy...but those hopes rarely came true. The academy changes all in one way or another.

"Well I'm not sure Hikari-chan, to be honest, even I have trouble with the stuff I'm reading!" he said with a short laugh. "Not so sure I need something drawn just yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to come to you." he mentioned with finality as she changed the subject back to Katsuo as she still had questions about her mission. "If he doesn't listen, just let him learn from his mistakes. But you need to let me know right away... Hmm." Gekido gruffly put, thinking of ways to signal him without alarm. Leaning forward the man looking into one of his books for something quickly. He turned to look at Judo, and then looked back and grabbed a piece of paper and some money. Writing down his message, he placed the money and letter in Judo's mouth. "Head to the apothecary and deliver than. Threaten them if they don't comply right away." he directed, and his ninken bounded through the library to burst through the large doors and disappeared. "Until he get's back, don't worry about that! Now what can we teach you that will put you ahead of the game? You know your hand seals? How good can you control chakra? Maybe we can test you for your chakra element." he said with a considering expression. He had no idea where to start really, teaching had never been a strong suit.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari smiled at his reaction. Gekido was surprised. It showed

"Woah, don't fall!" She said reaching out to steady him- though what weight a girl of her size could bring to steady a man of his size would not make a noticeable difference, not that she thought about that.

"Well I'm not sure Hikari-chan, to be honest, even I have trouble with the stuff I'm reading!" he said with a short laugh. "Not so sure I need something drawn just yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to come to you."

"Sure!" She nodded, knowing by that tone, the one that teachers and parents all use to end a discussion. Not harsh but abrupt. She shrugged, "Any time, Gekido-sansei. Then as she referred to Katsuo and how to contact him, he said gruffly, "If he doesn't listen, just let him learn from his mistakes. But you need to let me know right away... Hmm." Gekido leaned forward into his books, then he wrote something, sealed it gave it to Judo very quickly and said, "Head to the apothecary and deliver than. Threaten them if they don't comply right away."

Hikari's eyes widened, "What?-"

"Until he get's back, don't worry about that!" He told her firmly. She nodded, wondering just the same, as he continued, "Now what can we teach you that will put you ahead of the game? You know your hand seals? How good can you control chakra? Maybe we can test you for your chakra element." He seemed almost at a loss for where to begin.

"No, I don't know..." Hikari looked down blushing, "I don't know... sorry." She said, frowning. "I was hoping to learn that here..." She looked up at him through her eyelashes and the hair that had escaped its neat braid and curled around her face. Chakra... I've read a little about it... nobody in the books I read really explained it... except that its energy that comes from inside and outside yourself. What... what do you mean by element?" She asked. "Like... I can get more chakra from a certain element or... is my chakra, a certain element already?"

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gekido expression turned to a smirk of curiosity as she revealed about what she knew. "No handseals, means she is an academy baby. We can find a scroll for those here. he thought as she revealed her knowledge of Chakra. It was somewhat accurate, but mostly incomplete. But he could tell the last part got her more interested than the rest. However, the seals and knowledge of chakra were essential to even molding the chakra correctly. Without those skills, any kind of elemental jutsu she had an affinity for would be impossible to conjure. "Let's go ahead and start with what chakra is. You are correct in that it's in an around us, but it's contained in living things primarily, unless extracted and placed into vessels that can hold it. If you listen to the elders of my clan, it's the power that the spirits of the wolf grant. But in the academy you will learn that the chakra you find inside your being comes from the power of body and spirit. The chakra is a combination of the those energies. And chakra is what gives the shinobi the power to jutsu and other techniques." he began while getting out of his seat. He began in the direction of one of the halls in the library and waved a hand to beckon her to follow. "Ninja use chakra to achieve the feats you read about in your stories. But, mastering the ability of molding chakra is key to mastering abilities. If your control is sloppy, then your techniques will be as well. It takes years to master controlling chakra, sometimes decades for those who have real problems. So when you fail hundreds of times, don't worry about it!" he said in a very happy smile as if it were no big deal. He arrived at the appropriate aisle in which the scroll he needed was located and began looking. "Following along? Or am I going to fast? Oh, and look for a scroll labelled hand seals." he suggested.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she told him she didn't know anything he kind of smirked. Well she'd expected it. The only times she could remember being teased, was when she didn't know something. Gekido said, "Let's go ahead and start with what chakra is. You are correct in that it's in an around us, but it's contained in living things primarily, unless extracted and placed into vessels that can hold it. If you listen to the elders of my clan, it's the power that the spirits of the wolf grant. But in the academy you will learn that the chakra you find inside your being comes from the power of body and spirit. The chakra is a combination of the those energies. And chakra is what gives the shinobi the power to jutsu and other techniques."

Hikari nodded as the information clicked. "Got it..." She said, "Is it true? What your elders say? Does Judo help your Chakra?" She wondered aloud, "What kind of things can you store chakra in... and how?" Then the concept of seals reemerged in her mind... "Seals? Wait, the Handseals...?" She wanted to say something about it, but the idea was only half formed. She didn't have enough knowledge to base her speech on. She huffed, shrugged, and said, "I'll learn." At that, he stood up, and lead her over to the shelves, leaving his work behind.

"Ninja use chakra to achieve the feats you read about in your stories. But, mastering the ability of molding chakra is key to mastering abilities. If your control is sloppy, then your techniques will be as well. It takes years to master controlling chakra, sometimes decades for those who have real problems. So when you fail hundreds of times, don't worry about it!"

"OK." She said clenching her fist before her. "How do you control your chakra?" She grinned, "Show me?" She didn't like failure, but from his words, she was resolved to failing... once or twice. "I'm usually a fast learner, Gekido-sensei. You aren't going too fast." She looked around on the shelves, "How is it categorized? Hey Gekido... we could ask the librarian, where it is." She said, looking up at him. "It would be easier. If we were at my papa's shop I could find anything, no problem, but... this is a big library." She said looking about.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Got it..." She said, "Is it true? What your elders say? Does Judo help your Chakra?" She wondered aloud, "What kind of things can you store chakra in... and how?" Then the concept of seals reemerged in her mind... "Seals? Wait, the Handseals...?"

"Well not really. Judo and I have stuck together since my birth, and I haven't noticed him help chakra wise before." Gekido responded with a tap on his chin. "Him and I team up in fights using secret Inuzuka techniques, stuff I can't tell you about." he said with a wink and moved on to her other curious questions together. "Yes, handseals. And as for your other question, that is stuff I'm not to informed about. But I am pretty sure that type of technology is out there in today's world." he said with a confident nod, assessing his words to be accurate. This little girl was making him think like a scholar. "Do what I can for my little spy I guess." he thought, chuckling aloud.

After some more conversation, they reached the shelves. "OK." She said clenching her fist before her. "How do you control your chakra?" She grinned, "Show me?" She didn't like failure, but from his words, she was resolved to failing... once or twice. "I'm usually a fast learner, Gekido-sensei. You aren't going too fast." She looked around on the shelves, "How is it categorized? Hey Gekido... we could ask the librarian, where it is." She said, looking up at him. "It would be easier. If we were at my papa's shop I could find anything, no problem, but... this is a big library." She said looking about.

He too looked about as she finished speaking. "Well I'm pretty sure it's in this area..." he trailed off and then looked to her expectant eyes. Oh yes, she had more inquiries that he was happy to oblige. "Eh," he scratched his hair. "It's hard to explain. The first step is meditation, at least for someone as young as you. While it's second nature for me, you're gonna need to find it first. I suppose I could show you." he smiled happily. If there was a chance to show off, Gekido was happy to take it. With a single handseal, an invisible aura covered the bottom of his shoes. With little push at all, Gekido leaped up to the ceiling, flipping in midair. He was now standing upside down, looking straight down at her from his position. "So that's basically it. Simple for me. I both used Chakra to push off the ground, as well as giving me the ability to hang here suspended." he explained and then looked around, stretching his arms a bit as the blood rushed to his head. in a moments notice, his face lit up and he reached over to grab a scroll. "Here it is, catch!" he said in a cheery tune, dropping the curled parchment to the girl below. "Let's head back to the table to look at it. It might have some basics on chakra control." he concluded and began to walk back to where they were sitted before, but this time, on the ceiling.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Referring to the scroll, Gekido said, "Well I'm pretty sure it's in this area..." he trailed off and then looked to her expectant eyes. Oh yes, she had more inquiries that he was happy to oblige. "Eh," he scratched his hair. "It's hard to explain. The first step is meditation, at least for someone as young as you. While it's second nature for me, you're gonna need to find it first. I suppose I could show you." he smiled happily. Without further ado, he jumped suddenly and landed on the ceiling.

Hikari's eyes went wide, and her jaw dropped. "How..." She looked down at her feet and, concentrated really hard. the only result was a slight tingle, but she jumped anyway. She felt as though she jumped a little higher than she normally could, so she grinned, "Sensei! Did I do it?" She asked, "I think I did. I felt something..." She quirked her lips and tried again. Not much difference. She still only felt a small tingle. "I think... What does it feel like to you, Gekido? It feels like my feet are going to sleep." She said, just as his face lit up and he tossed a scroll to her.

"This is the one about hand seals..." She said to herself. "I'll practice a lot."

"Let's head back to the table to look at it. It might have some basics on chakra control." he concluded and began to walk back to where they were seated before, but this time, on the ceiling. Hikari followed him with a weird feeling. She kept looking up to make sure she wasn't directly under him, just in case he fell.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Gekido only smiled in her response at his stupendous, yet fundamental power. As he realized she was already trying to must up chakra, a thought passed through his mind. "It wouldn't help." he said to himself. But what was this thought? To use a power he normally left dormant perhaps? It would allow him to see within her chakra system, but as he concluded, it wouldn't help. She just needed to take the time to learn. But, when she jumped, it was unfortunate that from his perspective he couldn't actually perceive if she had succeeded in molding some chakra, so he just smiled and gave a half nod. A white lie? It wouldn't hurt for her to have some kind of confidence. Normally people knew when it happened so if she believed she did, then it was probably so.

As they walked back to the table, Gekido pondered what it felt like to him. After so many years of using and controlling the powerful substance, questions such as these never even entered his mind. "Uh, I guess it just feels like energy to me. I can feel it underneath my feet when I channel it there. And when you perform jutsu and techniques you can feel it flow as well." he said in a very unsure way. Thankfully, they arrived and Gekido twisted his body and released the chakra from his feet falling to the ground in a half turn. Just then, Judo came bounding back with with a paper bag filled with what he needed. "Ah good! Why don't you study some of the hand seals in that scroll Hikari-chan, and I will get to work on this." he suggested and went to work without an answer.

Sitting down he poured the contents of the bag out onto the table and pulled a smoke bomb from his belt pouch. Popping the small piece of equipment, Gekido kept some of the powder inside and emptied the rest. With the ingredients of the bag, he began to mash it up into a mixture of very pungent scents. Gagging once or twice, he force the mixture back into the shell of the smoke bomb and then putting the two halves back together. With a nail, he etched in the word, stink. After doing so, the Inuzuka turned to Hikari and held it out to her. "You were wondering how you were going to contact me earlier right? We'll just light this baby up if you or Katsuo are in trouble and I'll be there, I promise you that. We Inuzuka have a keen sense of smell." he said with a confident smile, ready to here what she had to say. "Any more questions on Chakra?" he would then inquired.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As she asked him what exactly it felt like to use chakra, Gekido, from the ceiling replied uncertainly, "Uh, I guess it just feels like energy to me. I can feel it underneath my feet when I channel it there. And when you perform jutsu and techniques you can feel it flow as well."

Flow... It should flow, not tingle. Under my feet, not inside of them. She thought as she tried to reform it. Just as she could feel something beneath her, Judo came bounding back with with a paper bag filled with whatever it was Gekido had sent him to retrieve from the apothecary. "That was quick, boy! Good ob!" Hikari praised.

"Ah good! Why don't you study some of the hand seals in that scroll Hikari-chan, and I will get to work on this." he suggested and went to work without an answer.

So, Hikari unfurled the scroll and started reading "Seal names... tiger, dog, bird, horse..." She read as she had been directed, practicing each seal with her hands as she did so. "Twelve." She murmured. As she practiced, so absorbed n her work, she realized that she might be able to channel chakra through the signs. She doubted it, but she tried anyway. She directed the tingling force through her body from her feet and into her hands. No particular order, she flashed three signs. Nothing happened. She focused harder and felt something in her hands, slightly stronger than her feeling for her feet. "Sensei." She sighed, "I know its in there," She said referring to the energy, "But I can't seemo to get it out." She started frowning. In the mean time, he had been doing something with Judo's bounty, she became curious just as he finished and held something out to her. "What's this?" She asked as she took it. In large print, the word Stink was scratched onto the surface. She sniffed it and snorted, "Indeed it does."

"You were wondering how you were going to contact me earlier right? We'll just light this baby up if you or Katsuo are in trouble and I'll be there, I promise you that. We Inuzuka have a keen sense of smell." he said with a confident smile. "Any more questions on Chakra?" He inquired.

"Yeah. How do I make it 'flow'? I can feel it. I know..." She frowned, "I know its there, now. I just don't know how to do it. Could you teach me a jutsu?" She requested, figuring that it would help her learn to direct her chakra if she had something to focus it into.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back