Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Midnight Training (Open)

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young girl carried an unwieldy bag on her back as she hiked up a boulder littered path. Kaoru had been preparing for the trip for weeks, and eagerly scaled the many obstacles in her way. She wasn't quite sure where she was going, but she was determined to get somewhere secluded to train.

After numerous hours of wandering, she found a clearing surrounded by a ring of ancient oaks. The full moon seemed to stare down at the small field, creating a silver spotlight on the land. Kaoru put down her stuff and ran into the middle of the circle, twirling and dancing with happiness.

"This is the perfect spot to train" she whispered to herself as she looked up to the moon. She went over to her pack and began to take out a series of three training dummies and lay out her arsenal of kunai and shuriken. After she had constructed her training area, she set up her tent and other utilities. She planned to stay in that clearing for the next two or three days.

After Kaoru settled in, she wasted no time grabbing one of her weapons and launching them at the straw filled mannequins.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Of a similar mind. Kushin had also decided he needed a night of training, only he'd done so earlier. His training was different though.

Using martial arts he would control the flow of the chakra around his body, moving it from one hand to the other through his chest. In many way it would resemble Tai Chi, but to those who could see chakra they would know there was more to it. His eyes were closed as he silently moved, slowly, painfully, carefully and completely controlled. It was a training for the mind as well. You couldn't let it wander or else you might lose control.

This had been a technique he'd learned from Akuhei, his Sensei and a High Priest of Bishamon, god of combat. What Akuhei couldn't utilize as a weapon wasn't worth mentioning. Puppetry, Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Taijutsu, he had everything in his arsenal. It was a mixed blessing of course. He wasn't the best at any of them, but he was good enough with all of them to exploit an opponents weakness should he find it... and he always found it.

After many hours of training he heard something which stopped his training.

Movement.

There had been attacks in this area by a Chimera Wolf, yet as he focused now on where the noise came from he knew it wasn't that creature. Instead it was another human. With the clinking of metal he could only assume something similar to what he was doing. Training.

Moving to the treeline he remained in the shadows and looked out across the clearing. The girl had created a small training area, mannequins and all, and he watched her technique as she trained her ranged abilities.

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Topic Entered with Ghost NPC Airi]

It felt like it had been hours since Hiraku had noticed the girl hiking alone up rocky paths. From first appearances she didn't look like the kind of person you'd expect to see hiking alone so Hiraku had been following her from a distance, keeping an eye on her and trying to work out where she might be heading.

The pursuit brought Hiraku to the edge of the Ancient Forest, a place which had been the setting for many ghost stories from his parents. Airi floated along beside him as she always did, "Oooo, did mum and dad ever tell you the one about the two headed hound?" she said as they quietly moved between the tall trees. "I don't think now is the time…" Hiraku replied nervously as he struggled to keep sight of the girl.

A few more minutes passed, Airi began to hum loudly to herself, "I don't see why we're following this girl anyway." She announced, clearly becoming bored with Hiraku's latest adventure. "I just want to make sure she gets to where she's going safely" he replied quietly, "It's not like we were doing anything else today anyway."

Hiraku perched on the branch of a nearby tree as a moonlit clearing opened up in front of him. He paused and watched as the girl erected her camp in a bag. It was amazing how much she'd managed to bring along with her. Upon seeing the miniature armoury, Hiraku finally realised the purpose of the girls solo journey, he watched her nail a training dummy before dropping off his branch.

"Nice shot." He said as he approached, "I must apologise, I've been following you for some time, I've heard some worrying things about this forest." He looked around quickly, the dense mesh of trees preventing him from seeing anything further than a couple of feet outside the clearing.

"Yano, it might make you seem less of a stalker if you at least tell her your name." Airi threw a tired sideways glance towards her brother.

Hiraku looked over at her briefly before realising to others he appeared to be staring into space, he laughed nervously "Uh, my name is Kurosawa Hiraku by the way."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
As Shin marched up the rock-infested trail in his white shinobi attire, he scanned the surroundings in search of his foster father.

Wonder where he went?

I do not know. Perhaps he was already on his way home, and now you're lost?

Don't mess with me, Leech! Mom said he'd be out in the Ancient Forest training. Just gotta find out where. . . .

Like I suggested earlier, he's not the one I'd worry about.

Shut the hell up!

An internal silence lingered in Shin's mind and soul, allowing the sound of a familiar voice to permeate his ears.

Oh . . . shit . . . is that the guy with the imaginary friend?

As he breached through the forest into the clearing, he saw Hiraku as he introduced himself to a girl Shin hadn't seen before. He also noticed the straw training dummies scattered about the area.

Huh . . . looks like they had the same idea dad had.

"Um . . . hey . . . " he made himself known. "Have ya seen my dad, Isaki Kushin?"

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru continued to throw her knives as she trained. She was then startled by a noise from a nearby tree. She grasped one of the blades and cautiously made her way to the brush, ready to attack at any moment.

"Nice shot" she heard a man say. Kaoru lowered her guard slightly as he approached her in the clearing. He told the young girl about his following her. This caused Kaoru to tense up as the stranger glanced to his side as if someone was talking to him. Who is he and what is he doing? she thought to herself as he introduced himself.

Kaoru lowered her kunai and gave a slight bow "I'm Kaoru" she replied with a quiet voice, and with her face changing to a soft pink she said " Oh and thank you for the concern."

All of a sudden Kaoru heard noise from behind her, with incredible speed she turned around and readied her stance. It was another man, this one asking about his father. Kaoru arched an eyebrow when he heard his name. Isaki sama? Kaoru recalled her experience with the Sennin, and briefly replied "I'm sorry I have not seen your father." while putting her knife in the pouch attached to her leg.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: sorry didn't see it was my turn. Will post in here in the morning (my time, so about 10 hours)]

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
More arrived, his son was amongst them and searching for Kushin. Yet he would remain amongst the trees for now. Observe and watch how they interacted. He had concern for his son, he wanted to know whether it was justified or not, was the boy as similar to Kushin as he feared he was? Kushin wouldn't wish this inability to socialize on anyone.

He wanted a better future for his boys.

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was unsurprising to see the girl tense up as Hiraku made his presence known, luckily for him as he introduced himself and explained his reasons for following her she seemed to realise he wasn't there to do her any harm. "She's just as bad as you, if a guy had been following me like that he'd have a black eye by now." Hiraku stopped himself from laughing at his sisters remark, it might push the poor girl over the edge if he then started giggling to himself.

Airi's voice changed from jokey and upbeat to flat and serious, "Somone's coming."

Hiraku had just felt it too, a presence approaching the edge of the clearing from behind Kaoru, one which seemed worryingly familiar. "It's that kid again…" He could feel Airi's concern at the thought of another run in with the boy called Shin.

"What on earth is he doing out here?" Airi asked as she moved closer to her brothers side. Hiraku remained silent as the boy approached.

"Um . . . hey . . . Have ya seen my dad, Isaki Kushin?"

Karou was first to answer the question, followed closely by Hiraku, "Your dad? What would he be doing out here?" As he asked his own question he noticed Kaoru slip her kunai back into its pouch. After the last encounter, Hiraku was still slightly wary and let his hand hang loosely by the kunai on his leg. From what he'd already seen from the boy he had no idea what could happen.

Natsume Megumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The night was just right for Megumi some what cold with a nice breeze, the night sky seemed to stare back at her as she gazed up at the stars and walked across the rocks. Her eyes quickly opened wide and her nipples slowly perked up as she saw the body of a strong man, and with her history it was only a matter of time before she was cuddled up next to him.

I wonder how hot he is.....I wonder if he is a shinobi.....I hope he likes my tight outfit, maybe I should unzip it a little more and show off the goods. Megumi thought to herself.

At that very moment she reached up and grabbed the zipper on her purple skin tight cat suit and unzipped it to expose her cleavage. That oughta do the trick. She said quietly to herself. Now the only logical thing left to do was to "introduce" herself to the strapping young lad and the rest should fall right into place. In all of Megumi's years there had never been a man that she couldn't charm or seduce, so as she walked closer to Kushin her confidence was permeating off her like the sweet smell of perfume.

With her chest poked out and her arms behind her head "The White Widow" as her fellow Anbu called her hastily ran toward Kushin, but she made sure that she didn't run too fast because then that would ruin the bouncing view for her potential suiter. Once close enough she blurted out in a hyper sexual voice.

Hey cutie whats your name? I've been eyeing you up, I like a man that knows how to handle himself in a fight....... She then brought her hands down from her head and gently squeezed her cleavage with her uppers arms and softly bite her lower lip never breaking eye contact with her new mark.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Shin shrugged as Hiraku asked what his foster father would be doing out in the forest at this time of night.

"I don't know . . . maybe training like Kaoru here?" he nodded towards the girl's direction as he spoke. "At least that's what he told me earlier."

His gaze lingered over the kunai Hiraku held at his side for a moment before moving to the expression on his face, one which Shin assumed was of unease and apprehension. And, despite his best efforts to remain calm and collected, the feeling quickly became mutual.

"The name's Akatora Shin by the way," he introduced himself to the girl, keeping his eyes on Hiraku as he did so.

I thought we were cool . . .

The scars on his wrist split open, allowing a whip-like tendril of blood to creep out and hang limply at his side.

So . . . you're finally starting to see the truth: that your trust in humanity is unfounded.

Shin closed his eyes and shook his head before turning his complete attention to Kaoru.

"Mind if I join ya?"

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[ooc: just going to post out of turn because it's been a while and I did PM Kaoru letting them know it was their turn.]

Kushin watched the exchange between the boys, the blood unleashed by Shin, the control over it. He'd had no idea the boy was of the same clan as he was, that made it interesting. He wondered how much control he had over his abilities at this stage. There was a staring contest between the two boys, and Kushin couldn't help but wonder who would win.

Of course it wouldn't truly matter who won and who lost that fight if it were to take place here and now. That would be none of his concern. What he really wanted to see was how far each would go, what limits would be pressed and who would take the upper hand as they grew. Perhaps a rivalry would be good for his son. Though they could also have the opposite effect. Really it depended on how he reacted to something like this.

Unfortunately his thoughts were interrupted.

A woman ran towards him. If he'd been paying attention he might have noticed the deliberate hop in her running which did nothing to make her faster or more silent but only aided her bounciness. His eyes moved back to the group of youths shortly after noticing her, he knew she was heading in his direction, but he didn't care.

Her voice was the next thing to chime into his head, once more his attention being dragged from his studies and he frowned when looking at her. He'd heard that word used before. Cutie, it was to describe someone with child-like features, or at least that's what he'd deduced based on when he'd heard it, who it'd been said to and who had said it. Typically said by women to a baby or child, and men to a small woman.

Isaki Kushin. He said, not understanding the eying him up part, however understanding the fight thing. I'm not so good in a fight. He said and his attention went back to the kids. He'd never had to deal with women like this before, they usually avoided him. Either because they recognized exactly who he was, or they'd had dealings with him when he'd been a student, and were well aware of his lack of personable skills.

Things which would likely come to her mind when hearing his name would be the many rumors about him, as well as a few facts. He was the Medical Sennin, that much she'd know, that most of the village feared him was also certain. The rumors were more about his conduct during missions, seriously wounded during missions which required speed would be "killed" according to the rumors, they would have their functioning organs removed, sealed into scrolls designed to keep them alive for periods of time and then their bodies either destroyed or left to rot and feed the wildlife. Rumor was he didn't care about the life of his fellow shinobi, and indeed rumor had it that he was much stronger than he thought he was.

Another thing which she may or may not be aware of was the recent incident involving Isaki Hoshikata with his allies aiding Cloud Shinobi going missing. This had caused a negative reaction towards Kushin due to the family name and relation to the ex-mistian. In that knowledge as well she may have seen information regarding that the relationship was actually through Kushin's wife who was Hoshikata's cousin, while Kushin was originally a Chigokai, a member of one of Cloud's more influential and founding clans.

[Natsume Megumi: Thought I'd give you a bit of an overview of information which your character might have on Kushin being ANBU and such. You can pick and choose what she does and doesn't know according to the above, I'm certainly not going to force you to know all or any of that lol]

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Akatora san introduced himself, Kaoru couldn't help but notice that his attention was directed to Kurosawa san. His blood seemed to ooze out of cuts on his wrists and materialize into two weapons. The young girl's fingers inched towards the pouch on her thigh, the organic weapons frightened her since she had never seen anything like it.

Interested, Kaoru shook her head yes to Akatora san's request while still rubbing her finger tips on the edge of her pouch.

Kaoru turned around to the other man and asked, "Would you like to join us, Kurosawa san" with her mousy little voice and a small smile.

As she asked this, Kaoru noticed some noise coming from the nearby brush, she focused her hearing in that direction while still facing Kurosawa san. What is it now? she thought to herself, readying her fingers on the hardened leather strapped to her thigh.

[OOC: I am so sorry for posting late, having a little family drama over here and its sucking up my time D: Again I am sorry]

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hiraku stood silently as Shin replied and introduced himself to Kaoru, his hand creeping closer to the kunai on his left as Shins wrist split open to reveal the same supernatural weapon he'd used the last time the boys met. It was a freaky ability that was for sure.

Hiraku's gaze snapped way from Shin. He could feel two separate concentrations of chakra somewhere on the edge of the clearing, his eyes quickly scanned the treeline but he didn't see anything.

"What is it?"

"Nothing, don't worry." Hiraku replied quietly as he continued to scan the same direction. He knew it wasn't really nothing, but it was worth a small lie to stop Airi from worrying even more.

"Would you like to join us, Kurosawa san"

Hiraku looked back to see Kaoru smiling at him. "Umm… sure."

"I know we shouldn't really leave someone alone in the forest with a kid like him, but is this really wise?"

Hiraku ignored his sisters warning, he had already made up his mind. Taking a risk he relaxed and let his had slip away from his weapons as he walked closer, "This seems like a good chance to learn something about other young shinobi in the village." He looked over at Shin before once again turning his head to face the nearby chakra sources. Whatever they were, they seemed to be sticking around for now.

Natsume Megumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man's name instantly rang a bell in Megumi's head. Of course it had to be this sick fuck out in the dead of the night... she thought to herself. The kunoichi had heard many rumors of this man and none of them were even remotely good. But rumors were only talk and more often then not carried very little truth. So she referred back to his file in the Anbu archive which confirmed most of the rumors to be true. Many of the files she had read classified him as a textbook psychopath with a tendency for impulsive or opportunistic criminal behavior, excessive risk taking, impulsive or opportunistic violence. He is also unable to maintain normal relationships and only values relationships that benefit himself.

The woman's excited and cheerful smile slowly faded away and her eyes dropped to a very stern and serious demeanor. This was a very dangerous and impulsive man, and she planned to tread lightly.

Hmmm so you're Kushin. I've read over your file quite a few times and you're quite the charmer especially during a mission. So are those three your students? I only recognize Hiraku and Kaoru as they are training to become full fledged Anbu members, but I've never seen the other boy before.

Many different thoughts were running through Megumi's head, but her first priority was to establish this man mental stability and if his psychological profile was right on the money. If he really is a text book psychopath then his social skill should be lacking and his attachment to these children should only be a means to an end. So I guess ill stay and see what his true intentions are, maybe he will let something slip or maybe he will even prove his profile to be incorrect.

[MFT] Word Count 298

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Shin smiled as Kaoru nodded, allowing him to join her and Hiraku for their training session.

"Thank you, Kaoru," he bowed slightly before her. "Kind of ya to ha--" he paused as he noticed Hiraku staring past the edge of the area. Shin looked towards the source of the other boy's interest, unable to make out anything in the darkness. Unsure if Hiraku was messing with him or not, he glanced over towards Kaoru to see if her reaction was the same. Although she wasn't looking in that direction, her fingers were wrapped around the kunai she had just sheathed moments ago.

"Something wrong?" he asked as he resumed looking towards the edge of the forest.

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He listened to what was said as he watched them. It wasn't an accurate observation of hers, more a guess in place of a question. It seemed that their presence had been noticed and Kushin performed some seals, an ANBU technique from his time amongst their number, active camouflage.

Please hide yourself as well. I do not wish to be seen and do want to watch.

Once he was happy with her attempt to be hidden he would answer her (otherwise he simply wouldn't).

They are not my students. One of them is my son and I have concern to do with his social abilities. He said watching the kids in the open field.

It is good that he has found others who also want to be ANBU.

His voice wasn't annoyed, it wasn't angry, it also wasn't filled with care and love. His voice was without emotion, as though he were stating facts, simply observing what was and what should be obvious.

Natsume Megumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It takes only a few second for Megumi's fingers to interweave with each other and her body immediately started to blend in with her surroundings. Her purple cat suit and ample breast fade away and in exchange tree branches and rocks cover her body making her invisible to the untrained eye. Megumi's interests then turned from Kushin to the younglings that were heading in their direction. Hopefully their training regimen would be some what fascinating, maybe their varied personalities would clash and a fight would break out.

The disguised kunoichi then thought about Kushin's words. So the boy is his son and has the same social problems as his father...... What a surprise.

Megumi knew that unlike a sociopaths most psychopaths were not born that way. There were many social factors and upbringing issues that make them the way they are. However all this was speculation, but it peaked her interest and gave her a real reason to stay with Kushin and watch the kiddies.

Hey chief medical ninja. I'll stay for awhile and see what kind of skills these little kiddies have to offer. The young woman then sat down on the ground with her legs crossed still hoping to see some action that could spice up her evening.

Kaoru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kaoru was glad and put on a small smile when Kurosawa san replied, he soon looked behind her to the bushes where Kaoru had heard the noises earlier.

Looks like it wasn't my imagination after all she thought to herself. She spun around as Akatora san began to speak, "A - Ah you're welcome" she responded, her shyness creeping into her voice. When he asked what was wrong, Kaoru looked down to the kunai she held, the young girl hadn't even noticed she had grasped it and loosed her grip. "Um , it may be nothing" she chuckled a little "I just heard noises over there, and I guess I grabbed it without thinking."

She glanced over to the bushes where she heard some more noises. Are those voices? Kaoru pondered. She thought of asking the others if they were with others, but stopped herself. I'll wait and see she concluded as a gentle night breeze blew through the clearing.

Kurosawa Hiraku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[Sorry about the awful post O.O]

It seemed Kaoru had noticed the same think that Hiraku had, glancing back he saw the girl clutching a kunai in her hand. Shin had noticed the pairs distraction and asked if something was wrong. The chakra sources appeared to slowly fade away, assuming they'd left, Hiraku followed up Kaoru's answer, "If it was something I think it's gone now..."

Turning back to the others in the clearing, Hiraku decided to try and learn something about the other two young shinobi, "Ignoring the creepy forest around us for a second, what do you both specialise in? It would be interested to know a bit more about some of my peers abilities." Hiraku unconsciously glanced at Shin as he finished, the boy had been all too keen to show off his abilities in the past but maybe now he would reveal what they actually were. Deciding that the others may feel more comfortable sharing such details if they learn something about him first, Hiraku explained his part specialisation, "I'm a sensory type, specialising in Genjutsu."

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
"Huh . . . alright," Shin replied to the two trainees as his gaze lingered towards whatever had caught their attention for a moment longer before returning his attention to Hiraku as he spoke.

"Hmm . . . I never really thought about what I'm good at," the boy admitted as he looked down at the blood whip that dangled from his wrist. As he thought about what little jutsu he did know, a grimace crept upon his features.

Damn! Most of what I know is very violent!

Of course it is: it is in your very nature!

Shin sighed, his grimace still apparent as looked at Hiraku.

"I guess you could say I'm an aggressive type, specializing mostly in Ninjutsu and a little in Taijutsu."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back