Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

New beginnings. [Private]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka had her eyes set on a cute regular sized apartment for some time now, ever since she had been kicked out from her aunt’s home she had been searching for one. Considering the allowance she was given and having no salary because she was still a student… it was hard. But well, she had big plans for this place, a place of her own she could call home. Well, in her mind it wouldn’t be just her home.

The landlord, or landlady in this case, had lowered the price quite a bit after hearing poor Asuka’s story about how a 9-year-old was living in the streets because she couldn’t find an affordable place. To be completely honest she didn’t mind the streets, she wanted the apartment because rain ruined everything.

Asuka went into the apartment below what would be hers, that’s her the landlady lived. Shyly she knocked on the door. The final arrangements were more of a formality than anything, the signing of the contract and the handing of the keys. Asuka smiled widely once all was finished she quickly rushed out and waited.

Previously on the day she had left a letter under her sister’s, Soku, door. It clearly stated that she was requested for an urgent matter regarding a topic of that would change their relationship forever. Asuka sighed, she could only hope with everything she could muster that her plan was going to go just as she imagined it. She held a paper to her chest, careful not to wrinkle it.

Letter
Sis, your presence is required in the resident district of maple town. There's an urgent matter that requires your full and utter attention which concerns us... in a way which may or may not be bad depending on how it resolves. I look forward to seeing you as always.

-Uchiha Asuka

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The kunoichi stepped out from the Uchiha Clan compound and headed towards Maple Town where Asuka had summoned her. Praying she hadn't gotten in any more trouble, the girl made her way towards the location wondering what was so vital that the Academy student requested her appearance at once. The girl gave a little smile looking around at the wooden structures. It was here she'd first met Yukio, the man who changed her and here she was again, forging bonds with a younger shinobi whom was a bubble of excitement and laughter.

"Now, just to find the girl."Her green pupils scanned the surrounding area before falling on a familar face outside of what seemed to be a apartment building. This was getting stranger and stranger by the minute. The letter had not went into that much detail p, simply requesting her presence."Hey there. You wanted to see me?"The older kunoichi said approaching the Uchiha, a small smile on her face as she gave Asuka a playful bop on the head.

It was good to get out for a while, away from Maru, that dark room and out in the sunlight spending some time with her sister. Soku wore as she always did, the dull gray vest and armor uniform of the ANBU branch,her Storm Blade strapped across her back and her mask hung at her waist along with a variety of tools. Her brown hair was pinned up in a bun with a red flower pin and a long scar protruded underneath her eyes , a fresh scar she had gotten but only Ziren and Yukio knew what had happened there.

"You're not in trouble again, are you?"She said half joking, half serious. The kunoichi could be innocnet and sweet when she chose to if you were on her good side. She glanced up at the apartment structure that towered over them. The girl still wondered why Asuka had chosen to meet here if of all places."Judging from your letter, there must be something pretty important you want to tell me or else you wouldn't have sent the letter so what is it?"

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka paced around for a few minutes, waiting she was starting to get impatient. Not in the sense that she would blame Soku for being late, it was more how slow time passed, she sighed. Just as she was about to burst she saw Soku, the smile on her face couldn't be wider she always loved seeing her sister. One of the few people she trully cared for and trusted. "Hi sis!" Asuka exclaimed giggling. "Yes I did..." Asuka's face fell as she looked away, to be honest she was more nervous rather than anything.

After hearing her sister she quickly looked up at her again "No." She said without hesitation "Y-Yeah... it's important to me anyway." She took a deep breath "When I cam into the leaf I lived with some relatives..." Asuka stopped, she didn't like speaking about herself, it made her seem as if she wanted pity or it was to guilt trip people but in reality... she was just doing this for explanation. "Well, it didn't work out... I was kicked out." Not to go into details about what happened after, it wasn't really necessary. "And well... since I met you I've had an idea in my head but never got around into doing it cause I was to afraid of the outcome." She held the paper to her chest tighter. "And well... this is me sucking it up." Asuka streched her hand, holding the piece of paper.

Paper
This Residential Lease Agreement is made between the Landlord Omashi Sugaky
and the Tenants Santaru Soku and Uchiha Asuka on this date1 Abril 2018 .
The Landlord hereby agrees to rent the Premises to the Tenants and Tenants hereby agrees to rent the
Premises from the Landlord. The Premises is described as follows:
Street Address: Maple Town

"I know you already have a place to live, a good place." Asuka stated "I will understand if you refuse and it's totally an option. I just can't think of anyone else." Asuka said with a sigh "And I wouldn't be asking you this I... I just." Asuka looked away with a shy look on her face. "I just hate being alone."

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku was about to ask what transpired between her and her relatives but seeing Asuka's expression, she decided not to press the issue. Instead, smiling at the young girl to reassure her, the kunoichi took the paper and unfolded it reading over its contents. She was momentarily lost for words as Soku scanned the sheet her eyes wide with shock and disbelief but at the same time..happiness. She slowly rose her heads to meet Asuka's, struggling to find words."This is most certainly a surprise. I...."She glanced up at the apartment before finally her face broke out in a smile.

The older girl embraced the Uchiha after hearing the full story. "Stop right there Asuka.
You've taken a huge step today. I know the Uchiha Clan estate is big, luxurious and flowing with wealth but bonds are not forged with wealth, they are forged with love. Besides, I can't stand that puppet. He will drive me crazy.For that reason, I will gladly take this offer."
The girl took a quill pen and signed her signature on the sheet handing it back to Asuka.

"And now it's official."Soku was still trying to take this in. No more Maru? No more snide remarks? She understood Maru was still watching over her but perhaps he could set up camp a few blocks away or something because she knew full well Asuka and Maru were like oil and fire, it was a fuse waiting to blow. "Also..to mark this day, I have a little something for you."Digging around her in her vest, she retrieved a necklace with a glowing green crystal on it and hung it around Asuka's neck."This used to be my mother's before...the incident. She said this necklace has the capability of forging bonds. If it glows green, that means I'm still alive and well and we have a strong bond but if the crystal glows red and cracks, it means I'm in trouble or near death and our bond is in danger. I want you to hold onto this as a reminder of what we mean to each other and the strength of our sisterhood.Okay?"She said kneeling down a bit so she was on eye level with the student.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka held her hands together as Soku read the contents of the paper, contract actually. "I know... bold move from my part." She laughed nervously. Did she push it to far? Asuka knew her request could be rejected and she was prepared for it to be a possibility, but it did not mean it wouldn't hurt. Well, she could only hope for the best, expect the worst.

But Asuka was taken aback once Soku placed her arms around her, well... this was unexpected. Asuka heard her speak, her contagious smile returned, each words that left her Sister's mouth just made it wider. It even made her eyes tear up. Asuka laughed "Teddy is just a big ball of fluff." She said "A harmless Teddy bear." So this is what true happiness felt like, this is what it felt to be wanted by someone, truly wanted. She hugged Soku back, not wanting to let go, wanting that moment to last forever. Asuka happily took the contract and placed it in her pouch. She would give it to the LandLady as soon as she could, but for now it was all about Asuka and Soku.

Asuka was about to grab the extra key and give it to Soku but was confused. "Something for me?" She couldn't think of any circunstance in which Soku brought her something. She didn't think the letter would've given her time to get anything. But she couldn't have dreamed of what it actually would be. Asuka stared at the green crystal as soon as she took it out. Why would Soku carry around something like that? In her vest instead of her neck... it was a necklace but once she placed it around Asuka's neck and explained what it was she couldn't hold back the happy tears. "I... I" She was beyond words at the gesture. Should she give it back? It had big sentimental value to the ANBU and it didn't seem proper for Asuka to keep it. But in reality, Soku's words sinked in and it was more than that... with this she would always be connected to someone. Asuka would never truly be alone. Asuka sniffled and held the crystal in her hands. "I promise-" She started, promises to Asuka were a blood oath. Unbreakable. Which is why she never used them lightly but with this it deserved one. "I promise that if the crystal turns red, I'll find you wherever you are and do whatever is necessary to turn it back green." With that she cleaned her tears and gave Soku the biggest hug she could muster, her hands wrapping around the older girls neck.

With that she sniffled again. She locked her hands around the girl's wrist and started pulling her along. "Come on!" She stated going towards the compelx "Let's go see our new place!"

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku let out a tiny laugh as Asuka pulled at her wrist dragging her along to see their apartment happy as a clam."Alright, alright, I'm coming."They entered the facility and proceeded inwards to their apartment residence. The kunoichi slowly looked around analyzing the state of the room nodding in approval as she looked around."It isn't no clan mansion but with us here, we can spruce this place up."Ruffling the younger girl's hair, she trekked over to a window pane and glanced downwards at the people roaming about here and there going about their daily business. It had a nice view of the landscape and you could easily make out the Hokage Rock in the distance.

The girl motioned next to her indicating Asuka to join her."Look at all this, this village, these people, these buildings. It's a beautiful sight is it not? They live in houses and apartments just like these but a house or apartment isn't defined by who lives in it, Asuka. It's defined by the relationships that are forged in it."Soku said smiling down at the younger girl then motioning to her ANBU mask."That is why I joined the branch. It was the only place that felt like family to me after my parent's death. The ANBU are like a family to me and they still are. But then I met you Asuka, and I must say, you surprsied me perhaps not in the best way sometimes but nevertheless, you'll be a great ninja one day, that's for certain."She said resting a palm on the young girl's shoulder.

When Maru found out that Soku was moving out, he would either jump for joy or sputter with rage that she had made such a choice on a whim, both options were reasonable predictions. Forming a hand sign, a clone phased into existence looking at Soku for instructions."Deliver this to Maru and Lord Hokage. Tell the Hokage I am thankful for his allowing me to reside in his clan house while I had no home. I appreciate his hospitality and kind gestures but as of now, I have found a new place to call home and I will take my leave. As for Maru, tell him while it was fun with our little fights and conflicts, it's time for us to move on. Tell him there is no need to keep watch over me anymore as the scientist Moro Ibumo is now dead by my hands."The clone slowly nodded in acceptance and scurried off towards the Clan Houses area of the village. The ANBU turned back to Asuka, a smile on her face."Well, lets make ourselves comfortable."

MFT 438

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka smiled widely once they went into their apartment, it wasn't huge but it wasn't small either. It seemed it was appropriate for a 4 people so it would be decently sized for them four of them. "Oh look at this!" Asuka stated going to the living room. "And this!" She flew towards the kitchen, she've never had a kitchen of her own so it seemed nice to stare at it in awe. That's what happened once they entered the apartment, Asuka went exploring running from one side to the other. But once Soku stared at the window Asuka joined her, wondering what the matter could be.

She heard her speak, Asuka smiled and nodded "One day I'm gonna be strong and I'll be able to protect the people I care about!" She stated holding the green crystal gently in her hand. "I want to be as strong as you!" She said giggling, but her next statement brought up something unexpected.

The smile on the child's faced dissapeared, replaced by a gloomy angry look, the eyes no longer showed the carelessness of Asuka but a wise yet pained look. What exactly happened for this type of reaction? The girl listened to Soku with her explanation about why she joined the branch. Pitiful excuse, if she joined the branch for that reason she was being an idiot for letting others dictate her choices for her. She waited for Soku to give the clone instructions, in a short time it left with a letter that probably gave formal notice of her leaving the Uchiha's premise thanks to Asuka's idiotic decisions, she shouldn't trust just because she was given a crystal. But nevertheless, Soku didn't seem bad... in the end the girl would be the judge. "If that's the reason why you joined a branch of trained killers then it's laughable at best." She wouldn't start slow, go in fast, get out fast, no other way around it. People died for taking it slow. "You let your feelings for others choose for you." She continued, backing away from the window and sitting in the ground, legs crossed. "Instead of choosing what suited you best, you chose what made you comfortable. It's a fucking miracle you're not dead yet. The girl had a small laugh. "Hell, you might even be more of an idiot than Asuka, who's suicidal." She shook her head giggling, couldn't even believe the stupidity she had to deal with on a daily basis.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
There was a change of tone in the girl's voice and out of nowhere, she took on this harsh cold personality that Soku hadn't seen before."Asuka? What is wrong with you?"She questioned the girl only to be met by a depressing angry look. But then it crossed the line, she attacked the reasons why Soku joined the branch calling it a foolish endeavor and that was what caused the kunoichi to get serious and when the Santaru got serious, it was not a good thing. She tilted her head to meet Asuka's the green pupils fading as her Sharingan came into view boring into the young girl's eyes. The Santaru suspected something was amiss but couldn't quite place what it was but then a thought snapped into her head. Asuka's behavior was similar to that of Ziren's split personality so that was a possibility and with that information in hand, she spoke to the demon inside of the Uchiha her hand resting on her blade.

"I do not speak to Asuka, the poor girl whom has been suffering all this time but I speak to the darkness entity that resides within her and I want you to listen, demon. My choice was not dictated by others because that concept does not exist in Konoha. Each shinobi carves his own way and makes his own mark on the world and I have made mine with blood, pain and the cold steel of my blade. Is it the best path? Perhaps not but it is the path I chose and you have no buisness talking about choices when you are dictating Asuka's mind."She raised a hand to stop any outburst that might come never breaking eye contact with the Uchiha."If you choose to hate me then hate me. If you choose to fight me then fight me but I assure you I will not be as lenient. I will break her free from your grasps, that is my promise to my sister so you can slink back to your hole."

She spoke in a low voice so no one would hear the commotion but she stood in a ready stance prepared to counter anything that might come her way. Her sharingan gleamed red with a coldness that could freeze souls as she waited for a reply or a attack. She picked up her ANBU mask and waved it at Rayne."You see this? This represents my family, the place where I am accepted. We might be a branch of trained killers but we also have compassion and are human just like any other ninja. This is where you are wrong. You have never experienced true love so you wouldn't know about compassion. Love is forged from losses and laughter." The girl rolled up her leg sleeve revealing a long scar running down her ankle."You see this? I received this battling my father and murdered him for my mother's death. I cried afterwards..because he was still my father no matter how despicable he was.I wonder what could have happened if he wasn't so evil. Now, my father figure is Hyuuga Yukio except unlike my dad, he understands true love and compassion and he is also a ANBU so you see, we are not all trained killers."

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
The girl's eyes widened once Soku showed her newly acquired Sharingan. Now that is something she did not expect, the real question here was how he got the eyes. Did she take them from somebody? Or were there implanted into her by force? She couldn't be sure but by watching the interactions between her and Asuka she didn't seem the type to resort to unjustified means to get power. She was the type to go the long hard route. Although they could've been gifted to her by another Uchiha... Asuka didn't know other Uchiha aside from Nitish and Takeshi, either way it she shouldn't judge what wasn't known. Didn't mean she couldn't have fun.

The girl listened closely to Soku, in all reality she was much like Asuka in some instances. Yes she did have more experience but both were easy to piss off, some simple words bring forth a dragon just in the brink of lighting their enemies ablaze. Both cared very little for the actual structure and protocols of the Village, both cared little for their life in comparison to those they cared about. In turn, this was an interesting turn of events. Although the girl couldn't escape the laugh that burst out of her once Soku finished speaking, all to keep to shout out without thinking. "Look at that Sharingan of yours." She stated with a smile on her face."By your logic, I can simply hate you by stating 'Oh, you stole those eyes' or 'Asuka shouldn't be associated with you you murderer." Silence prevailed for a few seconds to let that sink in. "Unlike you, I'm not judgmental and I will let you tell me instead how you got those instead of babbling out none sense without knowing the full picture."

"Demon?" (something). "God, you fucking Shinobi are all judgmental bastards. The laughing stopped slowly, the girl cleaning her teary eyes. "To make it clear I was created as a self defense mechanism. I didn't just pop up in Asuka's head one day. Her subconscious created me to protect her." The girl sighed "Answer me this. Why is Asuka so important to you? You've only just met her.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
"Self-defense mechanism? Don't kid yourself. You may have been created for that purpose perhaps but you have strayed far from that path as far as I can tell. You know what I think? I think you've gotten so ones see with protecting this girl so much so that your views have become corrupted. You're not protecting her, you're entrapping her."She moved her hand away from the blade which rested at her hip and flicked a kunai up and down twirling it around her finger in a casual manner as Rayne began to question the origin of her dojutsu to which Soku merely smiled showing a full row of white teeth before giving her reply

"How I got this eyes, you want to know? I am not a Uchiha so it is not a genetic trait. I went through pain and agony forced against my will by a archenemy whom implanted these into me. These resemble the suffering and pain I have endured so far and I did not kill for these. Now you tell me this..
what drives the hate that resides with you because it is strong with you."
Usually, Soku wasn't the one to give long sentimental pep talks but the girl needed this and she wasn't a threat at the moment so there was no need to take drastic action.

"I care and love for Asuka because she is like me. She ran into that gas cloud saving my life in the process at the risk of hers despite barely meeting me. That means a lot to me and if I can repay her with love and someone to cling on for support, I will gladly do so. It doesn't matter if I know the ninja or not , we are all of the same village and thus, we are comrades and family and family always look after each other."She stepped closer to the girl tilting her head downwards so the Sharingan glared directly into the Uchiha ' s face as she drove home her point. The kunoichi had not been aware of this problem with Asuka but now she knew and one thing stuck in her mind. If millions of other ninja could overcome their obstacles, Asuka could too, she was no different.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Sit down, and I have a name. It's Rayne. Don't confuse me with a monster." The girl simply stated, she was getting tired of having to stretch her head up every time she wanted to speak to Soku. The girl waited a few seconds for the Santaru to sit down with her, whether she did it or not it seemed this girl was trustworthy enough. Should she take a risk? Maybe with her she could finally get some rest. Besides, she was getting annoyed at everyone who ever met her, never truly acknowledging her existence, everyone assumed she was bad simply because another personality was always bad. No one asked the why she was there, and to be honest. She got tired of telling people, but maybe this girl would understand.

"Again with the fucking judgmental attitude." She stated with a big sigh. Pinching her nose in annoyance. "Everyone assumes I'm bad for Asuka simply because I exist." She looked away, clinching her teeth. "So let me give you a taste on why I'm here and why I am like this." She started gently grabbing her shoulder. "Asuka's personality is one of the few that isn't corrupted by greed, pain, and that's because she can't take it." Scratching the back of her head, let's see if she understood. "Asuka can not deal with pain, that's why I'm here. I'm her yang, I'm the dark side of the moon. If you want me to show Asuka what she's been through... it would break her. Hell the fucking nutcracker showed her her dead mother and she had a complete breakdown, took me 2 months to fix her back up..." She glared back at Soku. "I'm here to protect her mind and body."

She was finally loosing control, talking about this wasn't easy for her and once she started it was hard to stop. "If I unlocked Asuka's memories it would turn her mind to dust." She clinched her teeth "If i showed her what happened in her vill-" Rayne finally stopped, she was giving away too much no one was supposed to know... if people knew word would get around and that would not be good. Not good at all.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
The girl told her to sit and in response, Soku merely kneeled so she was on eye level with the Uchiha and raised a eyebrow when Rayne failed to complete the sentence."Vil? We're you going to say village? What about a village?"A questioning look on her face, she wondered if Rayne would actually be considerate enough to provide her with a anwser."It is better not to avoid the question or lie. I won't tell anyone if that is what is what you wish. Asuka is someone I wish to protect and as such,
I think I deserve to know a little about her past."
If she didn't want to tell her, that was fine, the Sharingan had ways of tapping into minds but she wished not to do that.

"So what's it gonna be?"The Sharingan faded from her eyes and her green eyes returned once more. Soku was not angry, merely curious to what Rayne was trying to hide. "If you wish not to tell me, I will not force you but if it puts her in immediate danger, I need to know."She tapped her foot waiting for a reply. She would allow no harm to come to Asuka even if it meant bartering words with Rayne or putting her life in danger. There was a crackling of lightning and the clone reappeared."Note has been delivered as you requested."Soku nodded and the clone vanished in a poof of smoke as the girl redirected her attention back to Asuka.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rayne looked away and clinched her teeth, she had let her emotions get to her, she had acted like Asuka for a few seconds. She had to think before speaking and for that moment she didn't and it led to questions she didn't want to answer them, specially because she just met the girl. Asuka trusted her for some stupid reason, but Rayne wasn't so easy. She wouldn't trust ANYONE with Asuka's safety. Rayne glared at Soku. "You deserve to know?" She laughed, "Now that is a funny statement." Her laugh slowly stopped. "Tell me why exactly you deserve to know?" Silence overtook them for a few seconds, Rayne wanted the words to sink in. She hated that type of thinking, she hated the people thought they deserved anything. "No one deserves anything.". "And if you try to force it out of me I swear I'll place Asuka in a coma, she will not wake up again."

She knew that being a split gave made her mind weaker to Asuka's, since she was the main brain (in a sense), but since she was 9 years old Asuka wasn't aware of what she could do. Hell, right now her mind was unconscious. Her mind cleared, what was she talking about? She couldn't place Asuka in a coma, Rayne was there to protect her not make her life worse. She couldn't do that to the girl... but... they were in trouble. Big trouble and she didn't know what to do... "Tell me one very good reason on why I should trust you." She stated "I do hope it's a good one.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku raised a eyebrow looking at the girl hearing her threat about a coma."For someone who wants to protect Asuka,that is a bold statement."The kunochi would most certainly not force anything out of the younger shinobi if that was the case but it seemed very important to Rayne if she was going to such lengths to hide it."Why I deserve to know? Whether you tell me is not a hindrance to me, if you don't want to tell me then fine, don't. I need to know because like you, I want to protect Asuka. Hiding the truth doesn't help, it only hurts later on. I'm not going to force you or interrogate you, that is not how I do things."

She paced the room back and forth her hands clasped behind her back. The sound of her boots C linked against the surface as she moved about finally coming to a stop behind the Uchiha."Rayne, I understand you are trying to protect Asuka but what good is that if you continue down the path you are? You lash out at people, have this aggressive attitude which I assume you do out of your mind set of protecting Asuka but do you really think you can protect her from everything? There are dangers out there that even you and I are not capable of facing and it is for this reason I ask you to inform me about whatever occured, so we can understand each better and I can begin to understand the purpose behind your protective mindset."

Placing a hand on Asuka's shoulder which would be warm to the touch in order to relax the girl. If need be, she could always allow her chakra to flow into Asuka's and calm the girl if Rayne got too out of hand but she didn't think it would get that crazy."Well? What do you say?"It was up to Rayne to decide if she wanted to trust the ANBU or not, the kunoichi would make her next move after hearing Rayne ' s reply.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rayne listened very closely to what Soku had said. She seemed genuine and actually wanted to protect Asuka just as much as she did. Maybe having someone to work with wasn't such a bad idea. Maybe having support wasn't wrong... besides... finally telling someone what's she's kept inside would be a relief. But she did want to study what she knew about the girl. Soku is grateful to Asuka for helping her, even though it was a really stupid thing to do. She had stopped Asuka from fighting without using force or treating her like a spoiled child, but with a tone that gave care.

Rayne almost jumped as she felt the warm hand on her shoulder. This was going to be a big mistake, part of her mind yelled at her to keep her mouth shut, the other screamed to tell someone. To stop being alone, to stop trying to take the world alone. Maybe... she could even love Soku as Asuka did. It did make her tear up once she used her name... no one had. No one had acknowledged her exsistence before, no one had talked to her with such kindness before. But she had to make sure to have all grounds covered. Asuka was still her first priority. Rayne took a deep breath. "Uchiha Chiyoye." She simply stated, she grabbed Soku's hand and made her sit down in front of her. "Before I tell you more, you got to promise me... you got to swear to me that you will protect Asuka no matter the cost. I am taking a great risk by trusting you and like everything it comes at a cost."

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku was made to sit down before Rayne and she allowed this looking directly at the shinobi before her."You have my word, I do not go back on my commitments or promises."Soku said never breaking eye contact with the Uchiha. She wanted to help Asuka as Rayne was doing and it seemed like this conversation was going well, she'd managed to turn it around."You can trust me,
I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't care."
Soku continued motioning around the apartment in a casual manner. She glanced outside and noted the sun peeking through the clouds shining through the window. She gave a small smile, that was a good omen for things to come.

"Uchiha Chiyoe?"Soku asked questioningly. That was a name she hadn't heard before. The Uchiha Clan was quite familar to her having lived in its residence but she'd never heard of a Chiyoe. Perhaps it was a family member of Asuka's or a friend."And who might that be?"The only members of the Uchiha Clan she was familar with was Hoheto, Nitish, Lord Hokage and then that Cloud ninja from Leaf. She reflected back on that talking absently."I met a Uchiha from Cloud once....Uchiha Arata was his name..."But in all her years, never had she heard of a Chiyoe.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rayne let herself smile, it seemed this girl could really be trusted... and well... she just hoped Soku wouldn't do anything stupid. The girl took a deep breath and began to speak. "Uchiha Chiyoe." She nodded, shivering just at the thought of the man. "Really powerful Shinobi, a monster, and one of the few people who can convince masses to go against everything they believe in and follow his stupid ideals.". She held her hands together, this topic, this information was probably the hardest she could. She turned around, her back facing Soku and lifted up her shirt. Asuka's back was full of scars, burns, what seemed to be cuts, lashes, burns scattered on her back. "The man who gave me this and Asuka's father."

Rayne lowered her shirt and turned back around facing Soku. "Asuka's father was a loving and caring man, no one even suspected what his real intentions were, what his real goal was. Probably the reason it worked so well." Rayne clinched her teeth and made fists with her hands. "One night, Chiyoe called upon an emergency meeting on Asuka's home town, a village north, close to the border with the Land of Rivers. Either way, Chiyoe pretty much started ranting about how the civil war had not ended, how the current governors were corrupted and should be destroyed, half of the village agreed, half didn't. That man decided to take control of the town." Calling upon those memories pained Rayne, and it didn't get better from here. "The half of the town that didn't agree didn't take him seriously, saying things like "Leaf Shinobi will just dispose of him." they had too much trust in Konoha... a few days after the meeting in the middle of the night, everything turned upside down. The official report said it was an invasion by bandits... it wasn't... the village turned on itself and it was a massacre. Half the population died, Asuka's mother died trying to hide her."

Rayne's eyes teared up, even though she was a different entity from Asuka they still shared the same memories, the same feelings. "For 6 months the usurpers controlled the village, the survivors went through hell. Asuka... She closed her mouth, silence overtaking them. Finally a few tears rolled down her face. "Asuka was beaten, tortured, force to work on the fields with little to no rest she... she was taken advantage off. Asuka got this car." She motioned to the scar going from her eye all the way down to her cheek. "Because some wanted to take her eyes, in the end they failed." Rayne sighed. "That's when I was created, I locked the memories and feelings away, making Asuka forget. I was in control until they left, saving Asuka the pain. In the end they found out Shinobi were making and they left, leaving Asuka abandoned and close to death. But they made one mistake."

The girl cleaned the tears of her face before continuing. "People talk when they think you're not listening, and I found out about their plan." Rayne gave a long sigh. "They want to start another civil war, right now they're gaining followers all across the country. Chiyoe knows I know and is looking for me, fortunatly he does not know where and walking into the village is too much of a risk, probably his last option. He wants to use that... stupid jutsu of his in order to tie up the last loose end... me."

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Her eyes scanned the many scars littered among the Uchiha as Rayne filled in her giving her a summary of what the girl had endured."That is terrible. For her to endure what she did, that is not a easy task."The most horrendous injury however for Soku was the scar protruding from her eyes and that got the Santaru ' s blood boiling, anger, anger at the fact someone would actually have the nerve to harm a innocnet child for the sake of the eyes, someone was always trying to steal the Sharingan for their own personal gains."I can see now why you go to such extents to protect her."

Asuka had it rough and the kunoichi felt a strong desire to whisk her away and protect her from anyone who might seek or dare to touch her but that was not how the shinobi world worked."Uchiha Chiyoe ....sounds like he is going to be a major threat if this continues. Have you told anyone else beside me, about this?"Soku asked a flood of ideas going through her brain. This Chiyoe it seemed had a disregard for human life just like her own father whom she'd murdered with her own hands so many years ago. If this madman tried to come after Asuka, he would have to kill her first and Soku wasn't going down without a fight, that was not how the ANBU did things. Their sole purpose was to support and protect the Leaf from the shadows carrying out the dark missons that no one else dared doing but Soku had another goal, to guard this young shinobi before her and love her and show Chiyoe what it meant to be a real human and a parent in a sense.

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rayne nodded, it seemed that her story pissed off Soku even more than she did. To be honest she was glad someone else knew besides her, it did felt refreshing being able to talk to someone else about this. She smiled once Soku remarked her overprotectivness "This little girl has been through so much, yet is always happy and cheerful. I don't want her to lose that." She stated giggling, it did feel good to have a normal conversation instead of simply screaming at someone else. She was glad to have a friend.

The smile on the girl fell once the next statement started. Rayne sighed, giving silence the chance to rule again for a few seconds. It would be time to explain why it wasn't a good idea to seek this guy out. Besides, no one knew what he looked like so identifying him is next to impossible. "No, telling one of the higher ups there was the probability they would search for him and that's not an option." She held her hands together. "Chiyoe has this weird jutsu that can wipe your mind. Pretty much destroy everything you are and leave you as a vegetable for the rest of your life. I don't know of a way to counter it other than closing your eyes but fighting blindly would put people at a disadvantage... especially if he is with a group." With that Rayne stood up and opened one of the boxes with her stuff in it.

She came back, clutching something in her hand. Sat closer to Soku and gave the girl a smile. "The crystal you gave her was a wonderful touch. Now she knows she can trust someone if need be." The girl let the necklace dangle from her hand, same as what Soku gave Asuka but the crystal was actually gray. "Apparently it wasn't the only one." Rayne laughed at the coincidence Asuka doesn't know it exsists so it doesn't have as much sentimental value as yours. A traveling merchant gave it to me when I was coming to Konoha. Told me it would keep my loved ones connected to me. Now I know what he meant." He held Soku's hand and placed it in her palm, slowly closing it. "I am trusting you with Asuka, I am taking a big risk and it is not easy for me to accept... but I can not do this alone. Just as Asuka stated, I hope you'll be there when the time comes."

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Soku let a smile envelop her face when the crystal was produced and Rayne placed it in her palm enclosing it. It was grey in color and the kunochi grasped it tightly clasping it so it hung from her neck."I will hold on to this. Think of it as my promise to Asuka to protect her. I'm glad I met you Rayne"She said smiling and ruffling the girls hair in a playful manner. Soku felt like she had a duty now, a oath to this person and that was to guard her, protect her from the dangers that might seek to harm her especially this Uchiha Chiyoe person.

"You wouldn't mind allowing me to talk to Asuka for a little while, would you?"She had been having this long conversation with Rayne but she was curious to see how Asuka would react to this, the fact that Rayne had accepted Soku as a sort of protecter in a sense. Besides, they hadn't finished touring the apartment and she glanced around the residence taking in the glimmering walls and freshly cleaned floor. This would be their residence for now at least. Little did Asuka know, she had been given a assignment by the clan elders. They seeked to expand from Cloud and as such, Soku had been tasked with discussing construction plans for a new Santaru clan estate within the Clan Houses district with the Leaf higher ups. The plan was still far from completion but it would eventually take fruiton. She was still holding off from telling anyone, should it get to the wrong ears. For right now, it was known only to her and another person within the clan, whom she owed her allegiance to.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back