Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

No one better to get hugs from than your first teacher [Private]

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After much thought, and realisation that he would have to make do with how things were at the moment, Kiri gave one last frown as he tried his best to keep his hair neat. Unfortunately, bedhair was difficult to arrest when younger, and his strangely fluffier white hair was all over the place. He gave up when he realized the time and went on to look for some more clothes from Kotarou’s drawer. Fortunately for him, the young boy he adopted had the exact same size as him in his current body, which made things easier for him… if only in the clothing department. Wouldn’t want to be wandering around the business district buying lots of new clothes while being a child. Still, there were a few things that he didn’t understand, such as why was his hair still white? If the effect of Moro’s curse had returned him to his childhood state, then wouldn’t he back to his original blonde and red eyes…

Ah. He went back to look at the mirror again and saw that his eyes were indeed pale gold and his skin was pale white. It was almost as if he was a ghost. So he went to get some black jacket and pants just to put some more color into him. And while he was doing so, he tripped and fell face first to the ground. A moment passed before he pushed himself to stand up again, with a few restrained tears on the edge of his eye. He may still be an adult by mind and heart, but his body was reacting very much like a child’s. It was purely self-control now that stopped him from suddenly bursting into tears from that stupid fall.

An hour later, Kiri would find himself standing outside of the large building. He didn’t remember it to be this tall before, but he figured it was just due to his current size. He sighed and then proceeded to enter the premises. He still remembered the apartment number so there was no worry in that. However, as he neared, he felt a sudden throb on his head and he paused for a bit. He didn’t like the recurring headaches, but he had a different suspicion for this one… a reason to go visit his mentor immediately. He scratched his forehead for a bit, trying to find any traces of the light scar of that operation, but there was none. If his body was reverted to that of a child’s, would that mean whatever that was transplanted there before was gone? He didn’t think so, not with the many headaches. Even when he went to the soulscape to ask from Hogosha, the latter would agree that the entity was still inside him, dormant… but perhaps not for long.

As such, when the throbbing stopped, Kiri hurried through the corridors until he found the door and knocked on it.

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Osu opened the door and looked down at the child who was standing there. A thousand thoughts seemed to pass through Osu’s eyes in a moment before he interrupts anything the boy is about to say with a, “Just a moment please.”

“Chiai!” Osu called into the apartment.

“Yes Osu!~”

“I will probably have to go out for a bit later! I think Kiri has dropped his illegitimate child on our doorstep or given the poor boy our address, so I will have to track him down and physically beat some responsibility and/or shame into his person!”

“I’m off from work tonight so I can watch the girls! Oh! Is he around their age? Ask him if he wants to play with them! They don’t have many children to play with!”

“Oh great idea!”

Osu’s arm stretched slightly without him bending and lightly yet firmly took the hand of the small child who was the spitting image of Kiri by the hand with a very warm smile. “Hello there little one, my name is Osuteno. Why don’t you come in to have some snacks and play while I see if I can figure out where Kiri has run off to. I have two girls right around your age who would love to meet you.”

Before letting Kiri’s illegitimate child get a word in, Osu had already called the twins over. “These two are Yukiko and Karasuko. Girls, could I ask you to keep this young man company while I make a few calls?”

““Yes Sensei!””

“... It… It’s daddy not… right we will try that conversation again later, there is more urgent business at hand. I will bring you three some snacks in a moment.”

And Osu left for another room, leaving young Kiri alone and at the mercy of… alone to play with the girls.

“Kiko, Kiko, Kiri-Niichan is surprisingly pathetic isn’t he?” Karasuko suddenly spoke up while grabbing one of Kiri’s wrists firmly.

“Indeed Suko, you can practically see the misfortune spilling off of him when he is in the room,” Yukiko agreed while grabbing the other wrist.

The two began leading… pulling Kiri to the other side of the living room and towards where the unused bedroom of the apartment was.

“But you know Suko, there are things one cannot help but take advantage of when given the opportunity,” Yukiko continued with a line of thought that shouldn’t normally be voiced by a four-year-old.

“I understand perfectly Kiko, there are games which do not present themselves in everyday life that must be enjoyed while they are there,” nodded Karasuko with an equally odd sentence to come from a young child’s voice.

““And so someone must play a game with us before they work on straightening out their path forward, stuck in a false past by that which binds him from proceeding to his rightful future, for if such a fun thing is taken from us before we have had our due…”” the twins spoke simultaneously before momentarily drifting off into an uncomfortable silence as they closed the bedroom door behind them.

“We would be…” started Yukiko.

“Quite upset,” finished Karasuko.

““So will you play our game, before discussing your troubles with daddy? Or do you seek our disfavor?”” The twins asked as their eyes briefly took on the same sort of red the eyes of their father possessed, before the orbs returned to normal. They each held out a hand palm up, Karasuko’s hand resting on top of Yukiko’s, and looked expectantly at Kiri with their ever passive faces.

““It is your choice in the end, but if you do play with us, you could learn a thing or two.””

At that moment the door opened and Osu entered with snacks. “Oh are you three playing a game? I will just put these snacks down here then and leave you three at it.”

Just as Osu was about to step out the door and close it behind him, something felt odd to him and he looked back at Kiri’s bastard child. “Do you need anything?”

““This boy was about to play with us, weren’t you?”” The twins spoke up without a change in their expressions or tones but their words seemed much heavier than before.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Just as the door opened, Kiri realized he hadn’t really rehearsed what it was he was going to tell Osu. He always thought being blatant about the situation would be the easiest way to go about it, but now that he actually saw Osu in the flesh, he was struck with silence. All this changed, however, the moment he heard Osu saying something about beating the crap out of him for dropping off some kid in his apartment. It made the hair at the back of his neck stand and he unconsciously raised both hands to cover his head as if he had expected some hand dropping from the sky. No clue where that instinct came from. And just like that, Osu grabbed him and brought him inside, and before he could even say a word, Kiri found himself standing opposite to the twins… alone.

For some reason, it was probably shock, Kiri was motionless as he kept a good long stare at the girls. Then, the most surprising thing happened when they grabbed his hand… rather firmly… and started to insult him. He tried to resist but he was afraid of hurting the girls, so he went along quietly as he listened to them talk in front of him. He fairly had an idea that they were very much aware of who he was and this conversation was getting rather… awkward.

And then the door closed.

Kiri felt his heart beat faster than normal as his instincts were calling him from all sides that he had somehow ended up in a rather dangerous situation. Still, he let his eyes linger at the closed door as he felt a cold sweat trickle down his spine. Was Osu really going to take long?

But there was no time for that now as he quickly faced the girls once more as he felt those prying eyes on him. Now, the question was if he would be willing to let go of his pride. “I understand,” said Kiri as he reached out a hand to them.

Just then, Osu came in with the snacks and for a moment, he saw light at the end of the tunnel… er…. hope. But as he was about to respond to Osu, the twins spoke first and he remembered the little agreement from not too long ago so he kept his mouth shut. In fact, to completely pull this off, he knew he had to keep silent or else Osu might know the current situation and he might end up making the twins angry. So he nodded his head and watched Osu leave through the door.

Then, it dawned on him that while he was indeed left in this body of his, treated like a child, even put onto a spot by the twins, that there was a strange longing that was ebbing inside of him. He hated it. He knew that having made into a child brought back some strange emotions, but he hated it when it interfered with his current mindset… like this longing for his family. And just like that, when he knew the coast was clear, he spoke again, “You two,” he moved closer and hugged them both, not bothering to think what consequence it may have, “You have no idea what you both are worth to me… all those times with just the picture of your family… thank you.”

Then, as if a strange resolve entered him, he let go of them and crossed his arms in front of him. “Yosh! Uncle Kiri will play whatever you want. I know that you guys won’t stay children forever so it’s best to let you have a great time.”

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
For once it was the twins who were shocked as the object of their amusement suddenly hugged them out of nowhere. Despite their faces remaining unchanged as they looked towards each other, they at least could see that the other was also at a loss in the face of such earnest goodwill.

““You’re welcome…””

…..

The twins sighed simultaneously.

“Put it up and get the other one out Suko…” Yukiko said with no small amount of dissatisfaction in her somehow still unchanged tone.

“I know, I know Kiko…” Karasuko said glumly while not exhibiting what would be obvious signs of glumness to anyone but Yukiko.

Karasuko pushed one bored game that had appeared out of nowhere under the bed with only a partial JUMAN seen on the front before leaving sight.

Instead Karasuko pulled out another box out from under the unused bed.

““We have decided to play this one with you instead.””

What they presented was something quite similar to a oujaiboard but it had a few extra answers to it.

““This is the Board of Inner Truth. It was a present from one of those generous fellows who comes around though we don’t think he knew how it actually works.”

Still in the box was an ornate round object with a small circle of glass, but maybe whoever saw it was mistaken as when Karasuko removed it from the box it now seemed to be a triangle.

Karasuko center the object to where a picture of a gate could now be seen through the glass that wasn’t there before. She lightly bit her finger to bleed and placed it on one corner of the triangle before saying, “I swear not to tell a lie, intentionally or not, and earnestly seek self knowledge. This I swear on my name.” She then slid the object around the board to spell her name and then returned it to the gate. When she did so, the glass gave off a greenish light momentarily.

Yukiko did exactly the same, though this time Karasuko’s finger stayed passively on her corner of the triangle.

After it flashed green a second time, the girls looked towards Kiri. ““Do as we have done and we may begin. We ask questions in the same order of the promises. The questions may either be directed to each other or ourselves, but they must be questions we would know the answers to. If you ask someone else a question they will have to push the relic across the board to answer before returning it to the gates. If they tell the truth, it flashes green. If they lie it flashes red, and the gates open for punishment. Admitting you are unsure when you genuinely are is an acceptable answer though, but don’t try to pass off self deception or unwillingness to acknowledge that aspect of yourself as being unsure.

If you ask yourself a question… rather we will just show you after you join.”

The twins waited coolly for Kiri to do as they had done before Karasuko spoke up. “Yukiko, how old are you?”

Kiri would find at this point he couldn’t remove his finger and his body was powerless to resist having his arm moved around as Yukiko moved the relic. ““Watch.””

Yukiko move the relic over the number four and the word years that had not previously been on the board, before moving it back to the gate. Rather than shining a light the image seemed gray and murky. “This means while correct, the board wishes for me to make my answer more precise since I am well aware of the extra details.” Explained Yukiko before moving over 4 and years again before moving over the 10 and months, and then 6 and days before returning to the gates for a green light. The extra words that appeared on the board had vanished.

“It is now my turn to ask a question. I ask of myself… Do I like mommy or daddy more?” Yukiko asked after some thought.

“Oh good question,” Karasuko nodded.

Suddenly the relic lit up and and orb of light formed above it. The orb began showing soundless memories Yukiko had with Chiai or Osu. Yukiko stares intently at the memories the relic chose to show her for a few moments before the light disappeared. When her attention returned to the board only two words appeared on the whole of the board ‘mommy’ and ‘daddy’.

She thought for another minute before moving the relic over daddy and then back to the gate. The relic glass was gray and murky once more but this time the only thing on the board was a question. ‘Why?’

Karasuko tsk’d and Yukiko visibly grimaced before answering, “Because it sometimes feels mommy loves us not because we are her daughters, but because daddy is our father.” The light flashes green.

The twins were silent for a bit before Karasuko said, “if Yukiko didn’t tell the truth she would have lost the memory she was most attached to out of those shown to us and be forced to answer again and again until she told the truth. The problem with that is when you lose some memories the true answer might be lost to you, and you will eventually lose all the related memories until the question no longer matters. Basically the same applies when someone asks you a question though the memories you lose come from a larger pool and are more random so you are unlikely to end up in the same peril.”

““It is your turn to ask a question.””

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri ought to have known more about the twins. Maybe then he would have known what to expect. He watched as the two bicker around in what would be the appropriate game for the day, though bickering was an exaggeration. They seemed to be more in line with each other’s thinking that it felt more like a correcting of one’s thoughts that real bickering. At that, Kiri couldn’t help wonder if it came along with being twins. He had heard before that there were some strange connections that twins could have, though medically and scientifically unproven to some extent yet, perhaps it was because they were simply Osu’s children, and knowing his master, the guy seemed to know everything that was happening… omnipotent prodigy but for once maybe Kiri wanted his mentor to learn of his current condition without the hiccups.

He caught a glimpse of the first one but didn’t bother to ask what it was since Yukiko was more adamant on the other game. Although he can’t help but feel haunted by a strange atmosphere that seemed to reek in this entire room, he simply waited. If he were to make an analogy on it, it was like a prey waiting patiently as the hunter takes his time to prepare the knives.

But as soon as the game board was brought out, Kiri’s interest was piqued. There was no harm in that, right? He settled to sit across both girls, with the three of them forming a triangle almost, and he listened to them explain what it was. So soon was he to judge it earlier that he soon realized his error. This was no simple game. It was like a curse board. He paled at the mention of the rules and more so when the girls were seemingly waiting for him to follow. He took a few moments to control his body, to make a cut, to draw blood, and placed his finger on the empty corner of the triangle relic. Once there, he knew he was done for when he realized he couldn’t move his hand away and he glanced at the twins and saw a strange light reflect on their eyes. He gulped and then forced a smile. Wouldn’t do to show any such weakness now. As a guardian, he must be strong in their eyes. ALWAYS.

“Okay,” he replied with a hitch on his voice so he cleared his throat before proceeding. Wait, what was he going to ask? This game was dangerous!!!! Just not too long ago there was a chance for Yukiko to lose her memories. Not to mention that they were both being so calm about this. Kiri felt a waterfall of cold sweat trickle down his back at the thought that he might end up hurting one of the girls instead of protecting them. But as a guardian, he must ensure their safety… and happiness. But if he were to stop, they’d be disappointed and the last thing he wanted was for them to start crying. Well, thinking that they would end up crying, that is, but it’s not like he knew them enough to know how they would react. In fact, all of the things so far were quite mind-boggling that those stories he read about from books were beginning to look more like the ideal scenarios than the normal once. Ah! But fiction was always ideal and plain… fiction. Reality will always be different.

Different that it could be a real challenge. And so, he knew he had to be careful but also seeing this as a potential moment to get to know the girls and become their guardian.

“I ask Karasuko,” he began as he laid eyes on her direction, “What is your dream?”

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her dream? Karasuko gave a confused… okay another unchanged stare at Kiri’s question. “Why would I have-“ but in the middle of Karasuko’s sentence, Yukiko’s free hand farted over to press a finger to Karasuko’s lips. After a stunned moment, Karasuko nodded appreciatively to her sister. While she might indeed not have a dream it was reckless to reply to questions out loud right now without considerable thought first, on the chance the board take whatever she says for her answer.

There were no flashes of memories this time, simply pure self reflection. She thought silently for a good long minute before beginning to move the relic.

Her answer was ‘wealth’. The relic turned foggy, making both sister’s sigh a bit with relief. “I have always liked shiny things since I was much smaller and since I have also found myself attracted to objects that were either valuable or fascinating in some way. As I grow older I would like to act more to satisfy my greed.” The relic flashed green.

“Amusing as always Suko,” Yukiko said warmly and teasingly (for her).

“Please don’t tease me too much Kiko,” Karasuko said shaking her head with amusement (at least that is how it looked for Yukiko).

Karasuko once more thought for a moment before looking towards Yukiko once more. “Yukiko, what do you hope to accomplish in the future?”

“So this is the theme now,” Yukiko said in exasperation (you get the idea by now).

And she thought.

And thought.

And thought some more.

After several slow minutes she began moving the relic. Her answer was ‘learn’.

The relic flashed red. Yukiko tsk’d and suddenly grabbed her head while Karasuko frowned visibly enough for normal people to tell she wasn’t happy with this development.

“Oh dear that is uncomfortable,” Yukiko said still grabbing her head with her free hand. “It seems that didn’t even count as a partial answer unfortunately.”

“Perhaps it has something to do with how I asked the question Kiko?” Karasuko offered a bit unsure.

“What I hope to accomplish…” Yukiko nodded with her sister’s words and thought a bit more before blushing slightly and covering her eyes, barely opening a large enough gap between her fingers for her to see the board as she moved the relic again.

This time she answered ‘nothing’. The relic turned foggy. Karasuko immediately turned her face away from the others with her shoulders shaking slightly as she realized what her sister’s answer was, and Yukiko was back to completely covering her face with her free hand.

Finally Yukiko spoke up again, though currently in an ever so slightly higher pitch. “I always feel there is something lacking in my tummy, but I only want to eat the nicest things I can get to fill it up. Likewise I always feel bored and that my knowledge is lacking, so I always seek good stories and interesting things to fill my mind and time. I suppose you could say I live to eat, rather than eating to live. Moreover, rather than do anything… I like being pampered… I would like people to bring me fine food and books.” This game was a horrible idea! This was supposed to be about embarrassing Kiri with personal revelations, not her! And Karasuko you don’t think your sister realizes you are laughing just because your face is turned away? As the older sister she had always been slightly more capable than Karasuko in everything except physical activities, but honestly her younger sister was much more driven to act in personal whims and desires than her.

Yukiko glared at Kiri with a brief red flash in her eyes, this was his fault for turning this from a game about personal demons into a ‘let’s get to know each other better’ activity.

“Kiri, I ask of you… what are, in your experience, a few of the worst and most frustrating aspects of our father, Chigokai Osuteno?” While she loved her father, she always found it strange how Kiri acted around Osu. It was akin to adulation. At the very least this question would probably make Kiri as uncomfortable as she just was.

Karasuko herself merely raised an eyebrow at Yukiko’s shift in the tone of the game, before turning her attention towards Kiri.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri had only wanted to learn more about the girls, and yet, he felt strangely cautious and worried about the two. He, too, sighed when Karasuko’s answer was accepted by the board. He didn’t know what he would have done if the girl was put into a spot. The last thing he wanted was for any of them to get hurt in the process of this game. It may be a game for them, but for him, it was obviously much more than that. It could almost be said that they were betting for their own answers, that their convictions would be strong enough to pass off as truths, and that whatever they hold dear pertaining to each questions would not become their haunting flaws.

And then, it happened. “Yukiko..” Kiri grimaced when he saw the girl hold her head. Whatever she was feeling, he knew it wasn’t at all comfortable. It almost made him angry and wanted to destroy the game, but instead he gritted his teeth and reached out a hand to pat her on the head as she explained her answer soon. “It’s okay. If given the chance, I would also like to have been pampered when I was a kid. Being loved is sometimes a blessing that no one can get, so it’s okay for now if you think this way. Best to cherish your blessings.”

But then, the girl was obviously out to change the topic and now the ball was on his court. To be honest, he was caught unaware and so he took a moment to think through about the question at hand, lowering his gaze as his mind went to work. And then, it hit him, like a dagger stabbing at his soul. He had always hidden this thought from everyone, even himself, and yet, he knew he could not lie. This game was wicked.

He took a long deep breath as he avoided their glances and focused on the board. One by one, he moved the relic to find the letters. W He wondered if Osu even knew? A He wondered if things have changed ever since he came back home? R He wondered if having grown strong has helped him at all. M He wondered if this game was just another dream, albeit a nightmare. T He grimaced and looked intensely at the relic as if he could bore holes with his eyes. H And he knew that a part of him inside was shaking. It’s been too long since he last confronted this question, and he wished he’d had forgotten.

...WARMTH...

The board grew hazy with fog and he knew it was waiting for him to explain. He clicked his tongue before taking in a long deep breath. “I hated… the way he’s too caring of me, even when I’m wrong. You both were still quite young back then, when I got into some bad situation, and your father even threatened to execute me in front of the Raikage but..” He didn’t know why he was telling them this or wasn’t even sure if it was right. They were just four and this could possibly change the way they looked at their father. And yet, he knew he couldn’t deny it, because he was scared of what he could lose. He was never as strong as he always thought he was, after all. “I would have preferred it too, if he just kept a cold heart but even at death’s door, he still reached out a hand to me and begged me to stop and come back.”

He paused as he felt the first few tears trickle down his cheek so he quickly wiped it with his free hand. “Really… he’s an idiot. Prodigy my ass. He’s too gentle. He’s too kind. He’s someone I look up to. I would have traded my life back then if it meant having to know him sooner. That’s why I hate that part of him. His kindness makes me want to strive to be better and to be like him towards others… that’s why… I will always protect him and his family, even if it means having to die. Because if he’s gone… I don’t think I can ever handle going back to the way I was. He’s my light…”

He gasped for air after saying that and as he did, he realized that the board had long been flashing green. He chuckled at the thought that he may have rambled far too much, sniffled and then wiped his eyes again. He hated this body. It made him cry too easily all the time. The smallest amount of emotions, so long as it would rush at him, it always made him cry recently, and that was because this body had not yet aged to the point where he had learned to harden his heart and close off the world. It was still his body when he was longing for his parents.

“Sorry about that,” he finally said, before clearing up his throat. He then smiled as he faced the twins. “Say, Yukiko, what’s Osu-senpai’s most embarrassing experience as a father?”

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri’s answer was rather concerning for both of the twins. In their opinion, his attitude towards their father was bordering on fanatical, rather similar to those odd cultist aunties and uncles who kept trying to bring them gifts like the very game they were playing. It raised some thoughts of how their mother would say daddy and grandpa were more alike than daddy would ever recognize.

Yukiko didn’t even take a moment to think on Kiri’s question. It only took her a second to move the relic around the board to answer Many. The relic fogged up.

“Daddy, or Sensei as we call him to tease him, is an incredibly awkward parent. On one hand he has never been 100% sure of how to be fatherly where he starts second guessing himself. If you think about it it isn’t hard to see why, the only person he ever had for a male role model growing up was the clan head butler, who spoke to him rather respectfully and treated him like an adult from day one. Actually that is another problem daddy has, we don’t think there was a day in his life where he was truly a kid. He doesn’t realize he but he was always treated as a small adult even in his earliest memories because of how aberrant he was… is. His earliest memories include taking care of the other kids at the orphanage, including some older than him, and an assassination training technique someone taught him disguised as a game where he would win if he managed to place his little wooden kunai at someone’s vitals. He has no idea how to relate to normal kids. And those are both symptoms of daddy’s biggest issue, for as smart as he is, he is comically absent minded. Ask him a question and he could very well start a two hour lecture where his body goes on muscle memory. Just this week we asked him why our eyes sometimes are red if we haven’t really touched chakra yet while he was getting ready to leave. He picked us up and hugged us in his arms and then forgot his arms while lecturing. We sat there being hugged by daddy’s arms for twenty minutes until we felt the arms tense up likely the moment he realized what he had done.”

Yukiko looked at Karasuko and they smiled at each other, ““And those are the very reasons we love daddy.””

Yukiko looked back towards Kiri smirking while explaining, “For as hard as he tries and second guesses himself on being a father figure, daddy is more Mom-like than any other person we have encountered. His natural Mom levels are incomprehensible. It doesn’t help his case that he makes a really pretty mom.

And despite the fact he was never treated like a kid due to his capabilities, he has never considered treating us as anything but his little girls despite our capabilities being similar to his. We think subconsciously he treats us the way he wanted to be treated as a kid.

And despite the fact he is forgetful and absent minded, when he forgot his arms, his arms didn’t forget us as they hugged us tightly. He doesn’t need to think about loving us, he just does… though he can be really silly about it.”

It seemed like Yukiko could still go on but she noticed the relic had been shining green for she wasn’t sure how long. Karasuko was blushing a bit while nodding along to her words, embarrassed a bit for her sister who kept rambling more than needed like a certain person. This game was dangerous in unforeseen ways, luckily she had yet to embarrass herself like these two.

To save her sister some embarrassment, Karasuko looked towards Kiri, “Kiri, what do you plan to do from here on out, aside from regaining your adult body?”

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He wasn’t sure why he asked that question. He was certain that part of the question was just to change the topic from his own revelation. But he was quite glad. He wanted to learn more about his mentor through his daughters and he couldn’t help smile so widely at the way Yukiko explained. He could very well see Osu being a mother, for that he nodded in conjunction with her explanation. Of course, he was a little sad to learn about Osu’s own childhood. Perhaps not everyone had a normal one, but he was glad, too, that Osu ended up the way he is now, and not some psychopathic killer. And it did made him chuckle a bit when they talked about the forgetting the arm tidbit. He remembered getting so shocked one time when he saw those same hands flying across the room.

He had to hold himself back from patting Yukiko like an older brother. Then, Karasuko went on to save her sister from embarrassment, it would seem, though Kiri thought of Yukiko fangirling about her father rather cute. And the question was rather light-hearted that it quickly sent a lightbulb lighting up in his head.

“Why, I’m going to be opening a vet clinic!” said Kiri almost proudly with shining eyes, “If you noticed, this village barely has any specialized clinic for our creature friends… aside from the labs, but well, it’s not easy to access it if your cat is having some fur ball problem. Also, a lot of the veteran shinobis have contract summons and sometimes those summons get hurt or sick. Sometimes, even if they’re in their realms, they’re healing isn’t fast enough, and during fieldwork they might be brought out far too long. It is essential to provide them with appropriate care and support.”

He paused for a bit and rubbed his chin cheekily with his free hand. “You see, the very reason why I’m like this is partly about that. My friend Moro, a slug, had died during a mission but I was unaware that he placed a curse on me… well, it’s not so much a curse if the intention was good. He just wanted me to have another shot at being a kid and maybe make better memories. I don’t know. But that thing is, because he was constantly in the battlefield and the slug realms weren’t adequate for his healing, it was slowly taking a toll on his body. Also, one of my first few… acquaintances, was an Inuzuka dog, and he was rather sick. I heard he was one of the last of his species in Lightning Country and though I haven’t seen him for a long time now, I do wish he’s doing well, and so I thought, yeah… we do need a hospital for creatures too. After all, if a doctor for humans was to be found dealing with these sort, they might be reported for malpractice. And because you need to study different anatomy and zoology and more. Also, I think a good place for examining creatures could help in forensics especially when it involves creatures.”

He nodded as he spoke those words, as if he was agreeing with himself. Then, he stopped and smiled as he glanced at the twins, unaware of the green light on the board. “Would you guys like to have an animal companion? They’re really nice and comfy when you get to know them well. If you do, I can teach you how to take care of them and treat their simple wounds. But if ever they’re in dire situation, Uncle Kiri will always be here to check on them, so don’t be shy to ask for help. Oh, but will Chiai agree on keeping an animal companion here? I wonder.”

He probably rambled a little longer before realizing the board and only then did he look back to the twins and apologized. “Ahahaha. It’s been so long since I was asked that I totally forgot we were playing. Well, then, I guess It’s my turn again. So uh… Karasuko, I’m quite the competent cook and lately I’ve been preparing seasonal bentous. What’s your and Yukiko’s favorite food? I’ll be sure to bring some next time I visit.”

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“You perhaps get a bit too close to contract companions as Auntie Dayuu once told us about your crush on her. That aside, you are far too impatient Kiri-Niichan. It is Yukiko’s turn as it was decided by the order we joined the game.” Karasuko chided Kiri.

Yukiko smiled lightly, “indeed, besides it would be a bit of a waste if we simply used a board that forces people to confront their personal demons to ask about my love of sweets, particularly cakes, or Suko’s delight in that unbearably spicy food of hers. Instead, Kiri, it sounds like you are settling down as much as you can from your trouble making days, and you have strong feelings concerning family. What does your future currently look like in regards to starting your own family, such as romantic interests or illegitimate children?” Yukiko asked while teasing him about his current situation.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kiri blinked a couple of times before he realised that he may have been acting too fervently on emotions. Not to mention that when Dayuu's name was mentioned that he pretty much earned a great big streak of blush across his cheeks. Perhaps if another would have seen this moment, they would have dismissed it is a cute puppy love of some kid but back then, Kiri was very much a healthy teen who suddenly fell in love with a contract summon. He cleared his throat to ease the tension.

He didn't miss the part that Yukiko ended up answering his question though.

Then, things changed up again as Yukiko decided to bring up family topics again. He then thought it would be about time he admits one more secret to this family and to Osu.

Cheekily, he rubbed his chin again as he started, "To be honest... In my trip to Tea Country for the Tournament, I sort of ended up adopting a kid. He's really talented but he was ignored, if not being purposefully made to brew hatred in him, and then there was one more thing. I believe he's harboring something inside him that resembled my demon. I was worried that if I left him be unchecked that he would lose control and unwantingly be executed. It isn't really about pity, but more of self reflection. Oh I should take him along next time. He's around your age."

"Right so my question... Oh thank you for telling me earlier Yukiko. So I guess I'll think of another- ah! You mentioned Dayuu, so I guess you know about them. Karasuko, what contract companion would you like if you can have one?"

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Both of the twins smirked as they saw Kiri become a bit embarrassed after bringing up Auntie Dayuu, and they were in fact interested in the fact there was someone their age who possibly had a demon sealed inside. Imagine the fun that could be! What if they could tease a demon into crying? That would be a fascinating sight!

Of course Kiri wasn’t free from such aims either. “Are you even remotely responsible enough to have a kid? You were so bad at being an adult the heavens arranged for you to become a child again” commented Yukiko, while Karasuko was thinking about her answer and nodded at Yukiko’s words.

It didn’t take Karasuko very long to decide on an answer. She moved the relic across the board to spell treasure, earning her the gray fog. “Haven’t you heard of those ancient objects in stories that have intelligence, partner up with heroes, and give their welders fantastic powers? Is there a treasure more valuable or fascinating than one that can think and grants powers? Doesn’t it seem like something that would lead one to more treasure? Like if it knew where the final horde of a previous weirder was, or simply give me greater capabilities towards making my own horde? It is a bit fantastical yes, but daddy says there is historical evidence that suggests a few such existences are actually out there and have appeared in ancient ruins though he says he has never actually seen one.”

The relic flashed green, simply pulling a nod from Karasuko. She was quite aware of her own desires and was in fact quite comfortable with them. Why shouldn’t she have a mountain of treasure? She didn’t particularly want to use it for anything, maybe to spoil her sister on occasion or buy mommy and daddy a house so they don’t have to worry about the rent anymore. Most of it she would probably just gather in one place and set up a grand quest for people to retrieve her legacy. She still hadn’t quite decided on how she was going to make her wealth though. There weren’t that many unclaimed stashes of treasure around so really aside from pure luck, she would just have to take wealth from other people. The question ways really who and how.

“Ahem, Suko?” Yukiko spoke up eventually.

“Oh pardon me, I was dreaming about being obnoxiously rich like those clan people daddy used to live with. It is my turn to ask isn’t it? Yukiko, same thing really, what sort of contract would you like to form?”

Again Yukiko was asked a question she didn’t really need to take extra time to think about. She spelled out “None.” Karasuko nodded like she expected as much when it turned gray and foggy.

Yukiko simply shook her head, “There isn’t much to say, most contracts seem closer to being food to me than a partner. Even if one was something inedible like some treasure Karasuko wants or something really human-like like Auntie-Dayuu, why would I enter a contract with it? It is bound to want something in return if I get it to work with me and that seems like more effort than I want to invest in something that probably isn’t going to pamper me. I’m more likely to invest my efforts into gathering servants than seeking partners.”

Both twins were... rather direct in their desires for four year olds. But it made them far more sure of themselves than most people several times their age. “You need to start asking more challenging questions though Kiri, particularly since the game is approaching the fifth round. Like… Kiri, I ask of you, what is your most embarrassing secret?”

Both of the twins covered their mouths in unison as if trying to hide smiles. “So vicious Kiko, is this perhaps due to your own embarrassments in this game?”

“Please do be careful Suko, for while you have remained free of shameful moments thus far, the game has yet to end.”

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He had only wanted to know more of them. He didn't really intend for anything embarrassing. He just wanted in what way he could become a better guardian for them. And yet, their answers were rather... Adult like. No. Actually, it made Kiri think if this was an inherited desire from their mother. Osu wasn't greedy in this way but he did remember a few moments when Chiai was quite forceful and commanding. Then again, from what he'd learned, she was brought up in a rather upstanding family. Still, he hoped that the two would somehow grow to be able to explain their desires more. Perhaps new experience will lead them to, but not for now. "Oh... Well I suppose not everyone is interested in them, I must admit. It is a case to case basis."

Just as he thought this game has calmed down, Yukiko delivered the critical hit. Instantly, upon comprehension of the word, only one memory flashed in his mind and he couldn't help but turn into a red tomato as he covered his eyes with his free hand. His heart beat wildly as he tried to calm himself. This was bad. The board would know if he lied now. And he could always feel the intense stare of the two.

"That's very... Uh.... Well, I'm not even sure if it's appropriate to tell you two," Kiri was trying to escape this but he could feel the mist on the board and knew that it was about to conjure memories to which he was quick remember the earlier events and decided to hide the visual representation of the experience from the kids. After all.... They're just for years old. He panicked as he lowered his hand while the board was about to show memories in the fog and quickly blurted before the scene appeared to be perused by the two, "I had sex with a man!"

His voice could be heard drifting into the room before silence engulfed and then the board lit green. "L-look. Don't tell your dad about this, okay? I'm not supposed to be talking to you guys about this... And and... It was a moment of weakness and he was.... Weak and feverish and held me with strong hands and looked at me with those eyes and I... fell asleep... Wait... If I feel asleep then... But then... So it did happen?!!!" Kiri looked at the board with the green light. Only then did he realise that all this time it could have just been a dream but the board, the all-knowing board, confirmed what the body remembers and the mind does not... His face paled.

He fell into uncomfortable silence, drawing his legs closer like a ball. Murmuring. He avoided their gaze, "C-can we s-stop now? I'll play any other game... Uncle Kiri just doesn't want to influence you girls with something bad."

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The twins weren’t as entertained as they thought they were going to be, ““You are embarrassed because you like boys? That is a bit dull.””

“This is no good Kiko, this barely counts as gossip.”

“Indeed Suko, the most we really have to make him bring us presents is threatening to ask daddy about sex and then pointing at Kiri when asked where we heard about it.”

““Like being around Auntie Saeko when she is drunk hasn’t already made us painfully aware of how weird adults are.””

““It would be one thing if you fell in love with another contract summon or had fantasies about coming home to daddy being your little wife, but just you liking boys is hardly anything to be embarrassed about.””

“All that aside Kiri, the game is not over yet,” Karasuko said as if this should have been obvious.

“In case if you haven’t noticed, our hands are not yet free. It is your turn to ask a question and then the fifth and final round starts.”

““As a game about self reflection the final round is bound to be different. It is then the board’s turn to ask us questions. It will ask each of us in order the question that we avoid answering the most.””

“As we are still young and inexperienced, not to mention we do things like this fairly often, the final round typically isn’t that difficult for us.” Yukiko said smugly.

“You on the other hand have obviously avoided many aspects of your life up to this point, and have had some number of experiences, so we are bound to get a good show from your question, the memories displayed, and your answer,” Karasuko said delightedly.

““So hurry up and ask your question so the funnest round can start!””

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He was on the brink of deflating from the embarrassment when the two girls suddenly started to take jabs at him. Sure, it may be a big deal for them but for Kiri it was a secret he could never tell anyone, let alone Osu, for what makes it worse was that experience was with a man he didn't even know of, out in the mountains and who knows what else could have happened. Wait, wasn't there a demon involved? Anyway, the twins went on and finally answered what he dreaded. The game was continuing and apparently the final round was just around the corner.

Take courage, heart. You'll survive this! He told himself as he summoned his courage and straightened his sitting position. He could almost feel the cold steely stares from the two, and probably wide grins. But while this game was definitely over the top and shouldn't be given to innocent little girls, he knew better than to blame the two. He needed to throw away inhibitions and step up. He was their guardian and he will not fail them.

"Okay. I'm ready," he looked at Yukiko with intense eyes and said, "Have you ever peed in your sleep that you woke to a horrible mess that makes you just want to hide from the world?"

Wait, what? Wouldn't they still be on diapers?

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The twins stared at Kiri as if they had discovered some tragic lifeform. Yukiko almost spoke up before Karasuko presses a finger to her mouth, a reminder that it wasn’t safe to speak freely on the receiving end of a question.

So it was up to Karasuko this time, “Are you an idiot or has your mental age regressed this much? Rather wasn’t that question terribly specific? Is this a problem you have had? Before or after you transformation into a child? Or is this some weird fetish you have now asking small girls about their pee?”

While Karasuko was tearing into Kiri, Yukiko plainly moved the relic around to answer no to get a grey fog. It was her turn to speak. “Of course I have wet the bed Kiri-Perv, but I have not felt the need to hide from the world because I am little. I don’t have full control of my body yet so all I can do is try my best. Though it has been nearly a year since my last accident since I am careful about not having juice too late in the evening. And don’t think I didn’t notice your eyes drifting. No I don’t wear diapers anymore, is that enough information for you Kiri-Perv? Do you want to ask what color they are or if I have bears or bunnies? If you try to take advantage of your current form to do this sort of thing you are the lowest form of life, well below any single cell organism.”

““Know your place you lower lifeform.””

The relic flashed green at some point during all of this but that mattered little to the twins.

The board however was starting to change a bit as it became blank, and then gradually became a mirror like surface.

Karasuko’s face appeared in the mirrored surface despite her not leaning over it but her image had been changed slightly to where she was showing a much more expressive face than normal that seemed to be laughing in glee. The image slowly zoomed out to show her dressed more like an adventurer with a golden compass, sitting on a mountain of treasure with many well dressed but faceless figures at the bottom being forcefully separated from their wealth.

“That is a very good look for you Suko,” Yukiko said with a thoughtful pose, hand under chin, and Karasuko nodded as she also appreciated the image.

Soon words appeared, “Your greed and desire is not anything simple enough to be satisfied. To possess wealth that would even make the heavens weep in jealousy, would you leave your family behind?”

“I…” started Karasuko but then she stopped talking and began thinking very thoroughly. As she silently reflected on herself, Yukiko took the moment to comment with a light smile. “The mirror is an odd thing as it does not reflect the future, one’s greatest desire, or any such concrete things. Instead it shows its own guess as to how the world might remember you when you are gone. Of course for us we haven’t been alive long enough to really have any actions for it to judge so instead our images are more based on our goals and attitudes. Karasuko here is quite comfortable in her greed and is proactive, not to mention she is quite capable so the board has a very grand image of her. Her question also strikes to the heart of the matter, her goals or her family.”

At this point Karasuko tilted her head and simply said, “Possibly? I mean whatever impresses the heavens might not impress me? Can I get an estimate? If it is just money wealth then probably not but if there are powerful relics and such involved ten the treasure might have a case to impress me enough to leave my family behind. After all they are worth quite a bit to me.”

The board flashed green and briefly the image showed what seemed like a much older Karasuko laughing from the top of a mountain of treasure the the world below her seemingly envious.

“Oh you looked quite pretty Suko,” exclaimed Yukiko.

“Of course, we have the same face after all,” smirked Karasuko.

Next it was Yukiko whose face appeared. Gradually the image zoomed out like it had with Karasuko, and Yukiko was simply relaxing in a big comfy chair at the head of a long table where maids and butlers were presenting her with fantastic delicacies, wonderous objects, and mountains of books. There were servants reading to her, playing music, reading to her, and even acting for her.

Karasuko nodded with an impressed expression, “So extravagant.”

Finally Yukiko’s question appeared. “You are one who desires to savor the best of what life has to offer and to be served because it is your due. What makes you think you deserve any of this?”

Yukiko didn’t even think for a moment before speaking, “Because there are others willing to serve me. I am the granddaughter of a god, and there are those who recognize my worth based solely on that. If others believe I am worthy of worship and gladly do so, that inherently means I deserve it. Many people want to be part of something bigger than themselves and I am happy to fill the role. I will demand the best from them because they believe I deserve the best. Isn’t this the basis of faith?”

The board flashed green and the image once more changed to show an older version of the subject, this time The much older Yukiko was lazily gesturing from a throne with a room of faceless people kneeling towards her.

“Quite majestic Kiko,” hummed Karasuko.

“It unfortunately seems like something that would require a considerable amount of effort on my part,” sighed Yukiko.

At this point both of the twins smiled devilishly. ““And now the game winds down to an end, but for our final course what will Kiri give us to enjoy?” The girls spoke while looking down expectantly at the board.

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He didn’t even have to listen. He knew he blew it big time. He shrank and shrank into a small curved ball at each phrase that the twin described him as a lower lifeform. He didn’t dare to look at Yukiko for when she answered. Shame was written all over his face and there was no way to jump back in time to stop himself. Oh how much he hated his child body for it often also made his mind jump between ages. And sometimes what was appropriate for a childish joke could turn out rather inappropriate for grown-up conversations. Not to mention that the twins knew very well he was not exactly a boy, and it was hard to defend himself of such childish actuations brought by the sudden change of his age, for really, he knew that a lot of people really though of him as a child, anyway.

After a long sermon from the girls, the board game was finally coming to an end. Kiri let out a sigh of relief before he realized what was about to happen. One by one, the twins’ future were shown through the board and the question posed were rather serious. He didn’t think a board game would become this way, but coming a long way to the very end, there was no reason to run away. He watched each of the future and listened to their reasoning. He couldn’t help but smirk at the way they answered, thinking that, indeed, they weren’t your normal four-year-olds and that their minds were simply unique. And then, it came down to his turn.

Kiri watched as the two glanced back him with a victorious mirth on their lips. Only then did he remember the fear, and the cold sweat fell down his nape. He quickly looked down at the board as the vision reshaped itself to reveal his desire or was it the future?

It was silent. Murky swirls of gradients of black and grey, until it opened up to reveal a different scenery. It was in the forest, dark as night and snow fell with a young boy, older than his current form, in a white garb holding onto a unique sword that he had never scene before. What was strange was that unlike the clear representation of the earlier two, this was almost shrouded and only the observant one could see the visage. Almost like a photo, gradient changing and stop motion movement. The boy turned so that part of his face would be seen while his back still remained facing the observer. Then, a ghostly appearance would appear next to him, and reach a hand to pat his head before holding his hand. At that, a light would shine brightly and reveal a silhouette of an adult standing against the bright light and strangely enough there were chakra pulses visible to eye, stretching out from the silhouette’s body, vaguely creating the shape of wings.
KkecEB8.jpg

Then the words began to appear on the board: “The price for the Wings of Freedom that the boy longed for is the fading of the past. When it happens, unlimited possibilities would be given to the boy-turned-man, and the future would not be set, rather, the future by then would be limitless. But to attain this, would you discard the links you’ve finally created with your souls?”

Seeing that, Kiri looked pale as a ghost but for a different reason. His mind allowed the images he saw play on repeat before he slowly comprehended the words on board. Then a swell of anger ebbed within him as his free hand rolled into a tight fist. “What kind of joke is that?” He gritted his teeth as he glared at the board, the warning flash of red would encircle the image before him. What kind of future was that? Or more importantly, what kind of desire was that? It didn’t make sense, and yet he felt absurdly hurt by the condition put out by the words. And as he dragged on with the answer, the vision on the board began to blur as if it was being altered. Immediately, a sense of urgency came upon him as he watched in distress. Even when he was on the verge of raging, he let his eyes burn the image of the silhouetted winged man and somehow he knew exactly who it was, as well as hearing the words of the apparition that touched the boy earlier. It nagged at his heart as if felt the stirring of the souls. Raising his clenched hand over his chest, he could almost hear the guiding words of the souls. “It’s not fair… why like this? Is this a premonition of what’s to come?” He muttered as the vision continued to blur.

What would happen if the vision completely blurred and disfigured? Would that future be erased from his destiny? Would he be left wandering in the coming years? Would he still be himself? As he lagged on, he felt the souls urging him even more, until he felt as though someone has indeed placed a hand on his head and whispered into his ears. He lowered his head as tears fell down his cheeks.

“I understand… I hate it… but I understand,” he whispered before he glared at the vision almost vanishing into the blur and yelled. “I will, you damn board! I won’t allow you change my destiny. I don’t care if you’re some kind of cursed item or being, you have no hold of what's to come to me, nor what’s to happen to my family. But know that once they’ve set their minds to it, there's nothing even I can do. So if that’s what it takes to make their wish for me to happen, then I will cut those links myself!”

He panted at the end of that and willed his hand to be pulled from the board, not bothering to see the green light flash and the blurring reverses to reveal the still image of the silhouetted winged man, then dissolving to the end the game itself. But Kiri was still visibly upset even if he was able to reign in his anger and wipe his tears.

[1,046]

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the final green flash faded the girl’s removed their hands from the relic and stared at the crying Kiri for a minute. ““There isn’t much point at getting mad at the game, it doesn’t show or tell you anything that isn’t already in your mind.” It shows not the future, it merely molds your past and who you are at present to show a future you could be on the path of. If there is anyone you should be upset with it is yourself, after all, it is a game of self reflection.””

The girls began putting the game up and discussed the game. “Final verdict?” asked Yukiko not particularly pleased.

“No good, a C at best… I agree it is just a slightly more interesting party game. If we ever have one of those sleepover things it may be useful.” Karasuko could tell exactly what Yukiko was thinking.

“Though we must be careful not to play with anyone too immature or they might go home brain wiped,” finished Yukiko.

Yukiko looked over towards the upset Kiri, “We played our game so you may do as you please now.”

Karasuko shook her head, “You can dread the future all you want, or you can do something about it, but hiding from it is no longer an option for you.”

Yukiko laid her head down in her sister’s lap, “If you want to start moving forward you might want to go ahead and speak to daddy.”

““Or If you want to avoid you responsibilities as an adult a bit longer, keep playing your own bastard and we can probably convince mommy to take us all to Professor Pork’s Pizzeria to play. We almost have enough tickets for a Ninjatendo anyway.””

Kiri

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He was, in every sense, exhausted. The different emotions he had to grapple with was annoying to try and get a hold of but he knew better than to put the blame on others. Even as the words that left the mouths of the twins were quite painful, Kiri didn't wish them harm. Perhaps it was this self-restraint that showed whatever maturity he had gotten over the years. But it also showed that was, indeed, different from his past self. The him of today was a result of everything in the past and he would continue to change and evolve because of it. But it was never necessary to hold on to the past in order to chase the future. And so, he knew that there was some truth into the words that were given as condition for him.

Yes, he was to blame if ever he never moved forward. Only he could plot out his destiny and no one else. Perhaps that's why the twin's words hurt more because they were the truth that he had been turning a blind eye to. Even if it was his deepest wish to bring back the past and in doing so came to possess good current power, he had known that it would only be temporary. There was more that the future has to offer but he was stuck with the promise of the past.

It was probably time to step forward.

He took a long deep breath before sighing as he took his hand back and held it. Never had he felt his arm so heavy before despite not really doing anything. And yet, it felt as though he had held on something so heavy.

Looking at the twins seemingly assessing the situation as if nothing had happened, he somehow thought of how free they were. With nothing to constrain them, nothing to lead them to fear, even if in someone's eyes they may appear naïve for that, they were at least free. They may curse, get mad, get frustrated, but they still went on with it just moving on. It wasn't so much about trying to prove some form of power play with those they played with. It was more about living, really. Selfishly doing as one pleases.

"Your father sure is taking his sweet time. When will he realise that he can't find me out there?" He sighed as he moved sit behind Karasuko, gently leaning against her. Thanks to being the midget, he wasn't at all heavy but he made sure not press on with his weight. "Hurry and get back here, you unfair teacher."

He didn't say anything else. He simply cherished the moment he had with the twins. Even if he was free to do anything he pleased, he felt more like sitting still to feel his heart beat, to feel their presence and to just be living in the moment.

Osuteno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Karasuko furrowed her brow a bit as Kiri leaned against her but said nothing.

Yukiko, on the other hand, decided to ruin Kiri’s peaceful moment, “Why don’t you just call him?” She slowly got up to her feet while Karasuko tumbled forward and flipped to her feet and followed after her sister. They went to the rotary phone in the living room and karasuko worked on getting the phone down to where they could use it while Yukiko turned to explain to Kiri, “while we know daddy’s office extension and such, the most expedient method is to access his personal headset number. As daddy is overly rule abiding though he has not shared what is technically a military purpose line with us, so we found our own method for calling him.”

They moved the phone to the table, and Yukiko looked at her sister, “Start.”

Karasuko gave a nod and took a basic stance before delivering a jab at her sister’s stomach. Despite bracing for it Yukiko was leaning over a bit with her shoulders shaking while Karasuko quickly dialed and held the phone up for Yukiko to speak into.

What they happened to dial was was a central communications operator, and the poor woman who answered the phone barely got the first part of her usual line when she was interrupted by what mmm sounded like a crying toddler. “I want my daddy!” The child cried in between sobs.

“D-don’t cry why don’t you-“

“Sister is sic,k I want daddy!” The voice sobbed harder.

“Who is your dadd-“

“Chigokai Osuteno, second of the medical branch.” The young voice said plainly.

“I’ll patch you through now!” And after a moment… “Wait.”

Back on the Osu family household side of the call, Yukiko gave Karasuko the okay sign, who replied with a slight bow and a “thank you for your hard work” as Yukiko finished drying her tears.

Soon.

“Hello?”

“Daddy is me Kiko!” Yukiko said sweetly into the phone.

“Yukiko? Is something wrong, how did you-“

“The boy here says he is Kiri and he became little and told us to call him Uncle and he is asking me about my pee and what is sex?”

The silence on the other side of the phone for a few moments seemed to be screaming somehow.

“I will be home in just a minute,” is all Osu said before the line cut off. Karasuko put the phone down and the twins exchanged a little high five.

““Daddy should be home really fast now Kiri-Niichan. We are gonna go play now.””

“Girls are you alright? I thought I heard something?” Chiai called from the bedroom.

““We are okay momma! You should go back to sleep it is your day off!””

“Alright, be good for me now!”

““We will!””

They seemed so sweet. Karasuko pointed to the window as something was approaching from the distance. “It’s Daddy’s hand so he should be here for you in a few seconds Kiri-Niichan.”

““Remember If you tell anyone about our game there will be hell to pay!””

“We are gonna go color, so good luck with daddy.” Yukiko told him as the twins grabbed the others hand and quickly went back to that bedroom. Osu’s hand grabbed onto the window and a set of red strings that seemed to go for quite a distance were shaking very quickly as Osu’s body was shooting towards the apartment.

Soon Osu was there hanging on the other side of the window glaring down at Kiri while dangling at the 43rd floor of the building. He lightly knocked on the window and said, “You have Sixty seconds to explain the call I just got.”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back