Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

On the Job Training [Class]

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Walking up to the posting board in the academy Shinobu smiled as he pulled out a slightly crinkled and used parchment. Stopping in the long main hallway of the academy he stopped and looked at the bulletin board then back to the parchment. With a shrug he snagged the nearest student walking by and with a demanding tone spoke to him without looking. "Spit out your gum kid." With a wordless shrug the kid spit his gum out into Shinobus waiting hand, he promptly attached the gum to the back of the parchment and used it to stick the announcement to the wall. With a satisfied smile he nodded once more at the flyer on the wall and turned to walk out.
[col3]|
Volunteer's Wanted!
Looking for volunteers to help with renovations at the Shadow Box Cinema on White Oak street. This is an academy activity approved by village council and counts as credits toward your eventual graduation.
All ages and skill levels are welcome.
The Shadow Box Cinema has gotten a new financial backer and is undergoing renovations so that it can reopen and begin providing a place for citizens to come to enjoy the latest movies or screenings of classics.
There is still lots of work to be done and we need your help to get the place back up and running. As incentive the Cinema staff is offering a lifetime coupon for free Popcorn to the volunteers that agree and help. Please report to Cinema manager/projectionist/ticket booth operator Yu Eiji and Village Chuunin Shinobu three days from this posting.

Lifetime free popcorn rules and restrictions: Agreement is for one Large popcorn per full purchase ticket, non-transferable, non-inheritable, does not apply to caramel corn or other specialty popcorns.
|[/col3]
--- --- --- --- ---​
Three days later Shinobu finished up his morning run by jogging down White Oak street and straight into the still under construction 'Shadow Box Cinema'. With a friendly wave to some passerby's he ducked under the renovation signs and entered the building. There with a standing pile of wood and tools was his newest friend Yu Eiji, a local young man who had just been given management of the Shadow Box Cinema at Shinobus recommendation. "Hello my friend, how do you do today Eiji?" With a smile he seemed to be surveying the supplies on the floor. Eiji wasn't nearly as chipper or friendly as Shinobu normally was but no one who met him would call him unhappy, just less happy than the ever cheery Shinobu.

With a small polite smile Eiji looked up from the tools and turned toward his friend and mentor. "Hello Shinobu, I sure hope your plan to get students in here helping is going to work. We need a lot of work done here today." Throwing his hand up in a dismissive manner Shinobu replied with all the confidence in the world. "Have no worries my friend. I got approval to count this as an official academy class, that on top of the free popcorn coupons and we will have to start turning them away soon enough." With that the two of them waited in the front entry amongst the tools and supplies, ready to see who would answer the call to help their village and get a little training in while doing so.

[Posting as both Shinobu and Yu Eiji (my NPC) in this thread.]
OOC: This is an [Class] thread, All academy students and gennin are free to join. There will be a 72 hour post limit on this class. That means everyone will be expected to post within 72 hours of each of my posts. If you are unable to post in that time you will get a demerit, two demerits and you are out of the class. (Life sometimes gets in the way I know, if you will not be able to make a post in the time given please PM me and we will work something out)

This should be a fun class where we use RP to cover a lot of the details on how the site/system here on NC work..

For Non Students/Gennin: Message me if you would like to join the thread.

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
No classes on for today, nothing to do, nowhere to go. Akira was back in the academy, looking for something to do; he was seriously behind with his classes and he needed to start earning graduation credits quickly to move on from what he was doing. As they walked past the notice board, Shiromaru's ears perked up, quickly barking at Akira to get his attention, gesturing to the slightly crumpled parchment loosely pinned to the board.

"Oh! Thanks Shiromaru," he said, peering at the note, "Oh! It's a job! They want some students to help do some work on the old cinema... and hey, they're offering a lifetime supply of popcorn!"

The little Shiba looked determined, giving another bark at his master, showing they were both in agreement about what to do. He wasn't sure if he'd be able to do all that much, but if nothing else, he was going to try and be a part of the team any way he could.

"That's the spirit, buddy! This'll bring us one step closer to becoming fully-fledged ninja at last!"

⁂​
<i>
</i>

Just like the notice said, three days and the Inuzuka duo were already down at the Shadow Box Cinema to receive their assignment. Coming up to the venue, he saw the teacher... the guy looked oddly familiar like he'd seen him somewhere before.

"Hey, it's you... You were with Tatsuo, right?" He asked, Shiromaru giving a joyful bark beside him.

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
While walking down the hall of the academy he was happy to have no class today, he wasn't worried about graduating or anything of the sort. He just wanted to go home and find something to do. However, as he was leaving the classroom something caught his attention, a board offering free popcorn. There was some other things on the poster, but the free popcorn was all that was on Tatsuo's mind. After glancing to find the location, his eyes went wide. It wasn't just regular popcorn, but theater popcorn. On a scale of best to worst popcorn, it was Tatsuo's favorite. He would have to go now.

Making his way over to the cinema he noticed the familiar combo of Akira and Shiro, his good friends were there too! With a wide grin Tatsuo entered saying, "Hello! Everyone!" waving to both Akira and Shiro, before noticing the same man who saved him. "Oh hey, you're the Kanna guy, right?" he would say, pondering if that's the name he asked. "Yeah the one who beat the guy in the alley for me. I don't think I ever got the opportunity to thank you. My mom told me I should find you and thank you, i'm here for the free popcorn but i'll thank you too." he would say, rambling on like little kids do.

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was the end of the week of his sabbatical with the Nara, and Yama had reintegrated himself into the village quite serendipitous and carefree. While he had been inside, he had learned a great many things about not only himself but about the inner workings of his bloodline and the inner workings of his spirit as well. Throughout his training he had taken a great deal of time to get deep with his meditation, and he had also found out that he was capable of using more sophisticated Ninjutsu, primarily the mixture of two different elements to combine them into one element with higher potential than the two base elements alone. In a way though, the only thing that Yama felt incredibly disappointed about was that he was still in the academy. He had been growing and learning so much about himself, and he had taken his capability to new heights. Why was he still forced to take these classes and lectures inside of stuffy halls when he already had learned so much? His time with his "pseudo" family clan had seemed to mature him mentally, and with his twelfth birthday just around the corner. Wasn't he ready to move on? He shook his head, he didn't have the time to be so grumpy about such a thing. He had to keep a smile on his face, it wouldn't be too much longer after all! He just had to be patient, that's all it was.

This was his current thought process as he marched through the halls of the academy, he had just finished a lecture on the use of kawarimi targets when your hands were bound. Now he was traipsing through the rest of the academy when suddenly his eyes caught a poster that was pressed onto one of the boards nearby. Stepping up to it he read it briefly and suddenly he felt an incredibly elation flow through his entire body. He had met Eiji before in the forest when he had gotten into a spar with one of his good friends Sora, and now it seemed that he needed some help on some renovations at the cinema that the man ran. Yama had only talked to him for the briefest of moments, but Eiji had a remarkable and warm glow to him. Certainly helping this man would uplift the feelings that the boy was feeling right? Or at least helping the community in general would be good for his karmic balance in the long run.</COLOR>
"Three Days Later".
<COLOR color="#008040">

Heading down the street in a pair of neon green shorts and a white shirt with a white sports headband with the Nara clan symbol emblazoned on the center. He was an unusual sight for those who had never met him before, which as he entered the location of the cinema he would indeed notice that there were several people that he had never met before. The first being two kids, one who had a dog and the other one who didn't really have any individual marks that would separate him. Yama had never seen either of the two boys before, and he would walk up with a smile and address the entire group of people.

"Hello Eiji, it has been awhile. My name is Yama we met in the Forest of Death not too long ago. Also very nice to meet you Shinobu sensei. I look forwards to helping you guys with all of this, it always does the body good to feel a hard day's work!" Turning back to the two younger boys he would softly say, "We've never met before. My name is Yama like I said before, I hope you guys can keep up today!" He would smile very brightly at them, his warm gray eyes twinkling in the sun as he gave them his classic thumbs up before finally turning back towards the instructor and waiting for further instruction.

[ M F T ] | WC: 656

Yoshihiro Ichida

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"VOLUNTEERS WANTED", a sign on the Academy board yelled loudly, with it's large font in bold. Ichida was here at the academy, handing in his registration for the classes he had chosen to take this year. Pondering about how this year would turn out, since he'd be spending it in a class filled with students 2 to 3 years older than him, after the Academy Entrance Exam had determined that he should be studying in a 3rd Academy year class. Feeling nervous and excited at the same time as he walked out of the registration room, he passed by the Academy board, the poster calling for volunteers catching his eye, mostly with its big font and bold outlines. "The person who designed this poster certainly knew how to get our attention", Ichida commented to himself, sniggering at the slightly sarcastic comment he'd just made.

The poster was asking for volunteers to help at the Shadow Box Cinema down White Oak District, and it would be counted as an Academy activity that he'd get credits for to aid his graduation. The poster continued to state that the Shadow Box Cinema was undergoing renovations to revamp the place, after getting a new financial backer, to make the place grander and more comfortable for the public's use. The poster even promised a lifetime free popcorn coupon for all volunteers. "Hmmm... a lifetime supply of free popcorn sounds good... I'll even get to make some friends while I'm at it!", Ichida reflected, as he walked down the halls, back towards the registration area, writing out another registration for the class, that seemed more like a temporary job than a class.

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Leaning against the counter Shinobu picked at his teeth with his untrimmed fingernails when the first student arrived. Standing up and raising his hand in a wave he greeted the student and dog trailing him with a wide smile. "Hey it is me, I remember you from the grocery store, glad you could make it, shouldn't be long until the others start arriving hopefully!" Bending over he reached out a hand to pet the nin-dog at the students side. "What an adorable companion you have here, I have heard rumors of the prowess of Nin-dogs, but never gotten to meet any myself. Are you a vicious killer you little cutie pie?" Chuckling to himself Shinobu turned from the newcomers when the next student arrived.

Turning with another wide beaming smile he looked and saw who the next arrival was, then his smile suddenly vanished and a bit of redness entered his cheeks. "Ahhh crap, how do I deal with the young Ranna without bringing shame upon myself? Play it cool Shinobu, play it cool." Seeming to suddenly gather himself Shinobu smiled once again as the young Tatsuo greeted his two friends, then tried to answer his questions as nonchalantly as possible. "Yeah I'm that Kanna guy, I just misheard you the first time. Heh, well you are welcome, tell your mom.... well just tell her it was not a problem." Hurridly ending the conversation Shinobu left the first two students to themselves as he headed over to help Eiji with the inventory.

"I am telling you Shinobu, there are some items missing, I didn't use them, they are just gone." The frustrated young manger of the cinema was trying to ponder why there were some supplies missing, all the while Shinobu was trying to convince the man to not worry about it. "Ahhh, I'm sure they were probably used where they were needed most, who knows in this crazy village. Forget about it for now, we have plenty of supplies to finish out work today and I can procure you more of what we need later. Why don't you go ahead and start up a batch of fresh popcorn for everyone to snack on." Turning around Shinobu looked back to the two students and then at Eiji, "Man, how do I keep digging these holes for myself, and will I ever get out?" With a saddened face he reached up with his right hand and began to scratch at his scraggly unkempt beard.

As the blond haired Eiji started moving away from the supplies and toward the front counter a third student arrive and apparently knew Eiji from a different encounter. "Hmmm, what was Eiji doing in the Forest of Death, seems kinda weird, that place can be dangerous, eh guess everything turned out okay and he seems to have made a friend." Looking down at the student he got a beaming smile when he was addressed with the title of sensei. "Well nice to meet you too kid." Before he could inquire more about Eijis experience in the forest of death the last student arrived with a head full of dark purple hair. "Alright I think we should be good to get started now."

With a smile Shinobu leapt up onto the front counter of the theater and in full view of everyone waved a hello, he stood there in a standard Leaf shinobi outfit minus the flack jacket. Instead of a flack jacket worn by most Leaf shinobi he wore a series of bandoleers and holsters across his chest and back that were lined with several hundred oversized kunai and razor sharp sawblade shirukens. At his belt were a number of pouches, some energy drinks, and a series of canisters and vials all labeled with large skull and crossbones. And last but not least tied tightly to his forehead and only partially covered by his bluish unwashed and uncombed hair was his Leaf Forehead Protector. "Hello and Welcome everyone! I am Shinobu village Chuunin and I will be your instructor today along side our friend Eiji over there." Pointing back behind him Eiji could be seen starting up a fresh batch of popcorn. "Today we are here to help restore a piece of Konohas history, to bring it back to life for our villages new triumphant return. But before we get to work I would like everyone to introduce themselves. So if you would each step forward and tell us your name and something interesting about yourself."

[Thread totals: 2/5 posts 1305/1500 WC]
Great to have you all in the class, try your best to keep the word counts of your posts here above 150. To receive rewards in a [Tutor] or [Class] thread you have to have at minimum 5 posts and 1500 total Word Count. Please put your current word count total at the bottom of each of your posts so you can keep an idea of how far you have to go. If you have any questions or concerns about anything please PM me or reach out to me on Discord (RedRash)

Edit: And for clarification
Eiji Speaking
Shinobu Speaking
Shinobu Thinking

Chigokai Yuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ame had seen the poster in the academy. She was hesitant to even enter the building at first. There were so many people, of all ages, wandering around outside and even more inside. People were not her strong point. But she toughed it out, her justu textbooks clutched close to her chest like a protective shield. She weaved through the crowd, dodging every bit of contact with another person that threatened to brush against her shoulder. At the site of her destination, the bulletin board, she stopped and started to skim over the different papers posted there. One that was layered over every other notice stuck out to her. It was attached to the board by a few pieces of chewed bubble gum, causing the edged to fold over and Ame’s nose to wrinkle up in disgust. It was very similar to a help wanted sign, one you would see outside of a struggling business, but instead of saying “help”, the word “Volunteers” was written in its place. The parchment mentioned that there was a cinema on White Oak street that was in the process of being renovated but needed just a little extra help to keep things going. Ame almost passed it by when she noticed that all volunteers would be receiving class credit for their deeds. It seemed like a simple enough task. She had read plenty of books on architecture and even more involving theatre. So she memorized the address and headed there immediately.

The cinema ended up being a bit farther away than expected. By the end of her trip, Ame was speeding towards the building. It looked kind of run down but she knew in the back her mind that it was only because of the renovation process. She skillfully wound around the signs and papers, making her way inside the theatre. To her right, an older, bearded man leaned against a counter leisurely picking at his teeth. She assumed this was the person responsible for the poster in the academy. Slowly she made her way over to him. There was a small group of other students gathered around him already making their introductions. Once she reached them, she stepped forward to give her intro as well.

Um she started, tucked her books into the messenger bag slung over her shoulder. Hayashi Ame, I saw your poster. She ended her introduction with a short bow. She had a hard time coming up with an "interesting" fact about herself.

[WC: 413]

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira chuckled at the prospect of his adorable little Shoob being a vicious killer, but to be perfectly honest, Shiromaru often liked to think he was. Any opportunity to big himself up was taken. The little dog let out an indignant snort at the teacher, almost like he was turning his nose up at the comment. The dog's master's smirk only grew bigger at the sight.

It was nice to see more students joining the class now, mainly because the idea of doing this whole cinema up with just three people seemed quite daunting. There wasn't much else to do now except for wait for the rest of the students to turn up. He had to admit, it would be nice to finally graduate and this class would bring him one step closer to that ever-important goal.

As the teacher asked the students to introduce himself, Akira decided he might as well step up first, Shiro in tow.

"Uh, hey! I'm Akira," he smiled, then gestured to his ninken beside him, "and this is Shiromaru, my little brother. We're from the Inuzuka clan," he explained before settling back down, though from the claws, fangs, and feral-looking eyes, Akira's point of origin wasn't exactly hard to miss. Shiro let out a happy bark, seemingly introducing himself in his own way, but not that it would be understood by the others except for Akira.

WC: 234

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo smirked as saw Shiro's indigent smirk, he had grown to like the dog, nearly as much as he liked his friend Akira. He was also happy of the fact that there were more people showing up, while he didn't mind working with Akira. He was not looking to shrae all the work of building a cinema between the two of them.

After Akira's introduction he stepped up. "Hello, I am Tatsuo Ranna. I was born from outside the leaf village, but now I live here and I recently joined the academy, Akira is my friend and so is Shiro too. I am looking foward to working with all of you, I am also very excited to be getting free popcorn. Caramel popcorn is my favorite, but basic popcorn is good too. As long as there is butter, there always needs to be butter." Tatsuo would then take in a big breath after his long monologue. "Either way, I am excited to start working!" he would say before moving back to the line, going to pat Shiro on the head. "Hey pal, how're you doing?" he would ask to Akira.

WC: 414/1500

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a pretty rapid whirlwind of events that had swept through by the time Yama had finished speaking, a young girl had approached in order to join the class, and his words had fallen on deaf ears and everyone else was talking around him, giving introductions and announcing that the class was now officially in session. The first one to speak would announce himself as Akira, and after the first bits would also introduce his ninken known as Shiromaru. The boy had always heard hushed whispers about the Taijutsu prowess of the Inuzuka clan that had changed the tides of entire battles, and also were the only known shinobi clan to develop a bond beyond that of a pet and it's master, but into one of true brother/sisterhood and something to be admired by everyone far and near. Yama made a note in the back of his mind to watch his fellow student, and see how he progressed. Someday after all, all of the children there would be comrades in arms ready to defend the Hidden Leaf and the Will of Fire at a moment's notice.

The second one to go would announce himself as Tatsuo, and he was an incredibly talkative soul indeed. Yama's face twisted into a grin as he listened, and silently agreeing with the sentiment that butter and popcorn were always best when paired together. He would also note that him and the before mentioned Inuzuka were in fact good friends, it was nice to see that bonds were forming ever so slowly but surely. After Tatsuo had finished speaking, Yama noted that it would probably be a good time for him to pipe back up and reintroduce himself before his name fell into the swift winds.

"I'm Yama, I don't often like to talk much. But I guess... Hmm what a hassle... Well, I guess I am one of the Nara, although neither of my direct parents are. I also like to go firefly catching and cloud watching, as a matter of fact if you look up there that one kind of looks like a turtle no?" He pointed upwards at the sky and then drifted back off, kicking a pebble with his foot and then looking around at the rest of the group to see who would go next.
<i></i>
[ WC: 387 | TWC: 1,043/1,500 | Post Count: 2/5 ]

Chigokai Yuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
There were less volunteers here to work on cinema that Ame thought there would be and for that she was grateful. Looking around at the group, she took in that everyone but their instructor seemed to look younger than her. She listened to each introduction carefully. Akira went first, the puppy at his side wagging it’s tail in excitement. She wanted so badly to reach down and pet it but just barely resisted, knowing of the dangers that ninja companions could be. Next up was Ranna. He went on and on about the popcorn that was offered in the flier. The thought of a nice fresh bag of caramel corn was very appealing, she had to admit. He also seemed to be good friends with Akira. Briefly, Ame wondered just how long they’d known each other. Third was a timid looking boy named Yama, mentioning something about a turtle cloud. Looking up, she searched for the cloud and noticed that yes, it very much did look like a turtle.

Looking away from the sky and back to her classmates, she watched Ranna reach down and ruffle the dog’s fur, happily. Reaching forward slightly, she opened her mouth to speak to the young Inuzuka.

May I pet him? her voice was soft, not really used to talking with other people anymore.

[WC: 220] [TWC: 633]

Yoshihiro Ichida

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Ichida walked into the cinema, or what was being called "Class" for the short time that he'd be helping out here, he'd notice that there were indeed lesser students turning up that he had expected. "Well.. I thought there'd be at least 5 students turning up but... I guess not, eh?", commented Ichida to himself, as he thought about how they were going to split such a big amount of workload between just the few of these students that turned up. "Ahhh... well, guess it's too late to think about that.".

The students would turn their heads towards Ichida crept in, trying to be discreet, but to no effect. Realising that, he gave up, and just paced in normally, joining the standing line of students at the front counter of the theatre, in front of a man wearing casual looking Shinobi outfit, although it was without the usual flak jacket. The man would introduce himself as Shinobu, a Konoha Chuunin, after hopping unto the front counter, as he continued by introducing the theatre manager, Eiji. Of course, just as with any new class, it cannot start without the student introductions. One by one, each student walked up front, introducing themselves.

The first one would call himself Akira, who brought a dog named Shiromaru along for the class, in which they were both from the Inuzuka Clan. It was always easy to identify someone from the Inuzuka Clan, as they would all have similar traits - the claw-like fingernails, the fangs and the feral-like eyes. As Akira stepped back, another would step up, introducing himself as Tatsuo Ranna, who would proceed onto talk about how he liked his popcorn, which really wasn't information that they needed to know, or so Ichida thought, slightly chuckling, subtle enough to not make himself look rude.

The third student stepped towards the front, as he nonchalantly began introducing himself as Yama, and he was a member of the Nara Clan, who were known for their shadow possession techniques. He would then explain that he his hobbies were firefly catching and cloud watching, as he pointed towards the sky, commenting that a particular cloud looked like a turtle, after that drifting off, stepping back into the line. "Cloud watching?" Ichida pondered, finding it a tad bit strange to be staring at the sky all day. Shrugging off the thought, Ichida got the cue, and stepped towards the front, realising it was his turn. "Uhh, I'm Yoshihiro Ichida, and uhh.. I like reading books and training! I look forward to knowing you guys more and sharing free popcorn with you guys. Cheers!", Ichida would say, before going back into line, as he readied himself mentally for class to start for the day.

[Thread Totals: 2/5 posts | Word Count: 731 words]

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Standing on the counter he surveyed the group of students with a critical eye. "Yeah we coulda used some more, but these kids look like they will get the job done. Oh wait looks like we got a straggler." Smiling wide he bowed in return to the girl Ame who arrived last. "Welcome Ame-san, glad to have you with us, take your place with the others please."

Next he nodded as the group began introducing themselves. Akira and his dog seemed friendly with the young Tatsuo, Yama mentioned his Nara blood, Ichida mentioned his love of books, but the newest student Ame seemed to be more concerned with petting the dog than the class. Clapping his hands together he gave a disproving look toward Ame as she tried to pet the dog. "Alright everyone lets stay focused, as for myself one interesting thing about me is that I am the Vice Assistant Undersecretary of the Kickpuncher Fanclub, and no I can not get you Kickpuncher signatures so don't ask. Now on to business! This is a job site and as such we gotta be safe, let me introduce our safety crew."

Closing his eyes for a brief period Shinobu started to make handseals, in moments four puffs of smoke appeared in front of him and the class. Out of the smoke stepped four small earth elementals, each standing a little over eighteen inches with a humanoid shape and its own coloration. "I would like to introduce everyone to my Earth Buddies! Starting here is Dough (1), Pea (2), Fuzzy (3) and last but not least is Tim (4). These guys are some of my best friends, they only let me down about half the time. Hey buddies, good to have you with us in the class! Now go get those boxes behind the counter and start passing out all the supplies." Just as the four small earth golems disappeared behind the counter Eiji approached with a tray of cups filled with popcorn, as he walked by Shinobu bent sideways slightly to grab one of the cups for himself.

"Here we are everyone, a taste of the Shadow Box Cinemas gourmet buttered popcorn. Thank you all so very much for helping out today. Here yes, take a cup of popcorn to snack on while you work." As Eiji passed out the popcorn Shinobu started to work on the cup he snagged. Reaching to the vials at his belt Shinobu pulled out one of the green ones with a skull and crossbones prominently on its side, he then dumped the entire contents on his cup of popcorn before starting to eat. Soon the four earth buddies popped back from behind the counter with several boxes. They approached each of the students in turn and offered them all a construction helmet and a headset. Shinobu looked down at the crew and began to talk with his mouth full of freshly poisoned popcorn. "Alright good job leading your crew Dough! Now everyone put on your headsets and helmets.

These will keep you safe and allow you to communicate with me and each other while we work, go ahead and set the radios to channel 2. Now that everyone is equipped up lets get to our first task. Follow me!"
Shoving another deadly dose of popcorn in his mouth Shinobu jumped down from the counter and began walking toward the hallway wall, then suddenly stepped from the ground to the wall making himself horizontal to the rest of the people there. With a calm gait he continued to walk sideways down the wall of the theaters hallways while continuing to munch on his deadly snack.

[Thread totals: 3/5 posts 1911/1500 WC]

Alright for this thread and this thread only consider yourself equipped with a "Headset" for RP purposes. Once you leave this thread though you will have to purchase a headset in your training thread to legitimately RP that your character has one. Headsets are one of the two communication devices you can use in battle to help you. As long as you begin a battle equipped with it then you are allowed to spend an action to call someone else with a headset and have them join the battle with you.

All characters start with five equipment slots, some items you have to buy and some items you can have without purchasing they only cost taking up an equipment slot to have. You can read more on the items you can purchase for or put in your equipment slots HERE Have any questions please ask.

Now I wanna talk briefly about CRPJ, and NPCs. I am using Yu Eiji (Pic on the left) in this thread and he is a 'Personal NPC' of mine. I am also using 'Earth Buddies!' CRPJ (Custom Role Play Jutsu). Both of these things were created by myself and requested to be used in the Leaf Request Forum. If anyone wants to they can create their own NPCs or CRPJs to use with their characters. But keep in mind you must first get approval from council before you RP using your CRPJ, using a custom jutsu before it gets approval is grounds for immediate denial of the jutsu. You can find more the full rules for NPCs and CRPJ in the respective links. Let me know if there are any questions.

Last but not least lets discuss briefly post order and editing. Here on the site when in a thread with other players try your best to maintain posting order. That means you should let everyone in the thread post once each before you post again. If you would like to edit your posts that is perfectly acceptable, as long as no one has posted after you yet. So as long as the post you want to edit is currently the last post in the thread then you can edit your heart out, once someone posts after you though there should be no more edits.

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the boy was eagerly awaiting the start of the class, he barely noticed the girl approach him and Shiro and ask to pet his little brother. He furrowed his brow for a moment, looking down at Shiromaru for a moment.

"Well, uh... He's not a house pet you know. You should ask his permission not mine," he told the girl with a slightly bemused look. Akira found the idea of petting a dog weird; from his perspective, Shiromaru and the other ninken of his family were his brothers and sisters and so he saw himself as an exact equal to them. Shiromaru wasn't great around people he didn't recognise; he let Tatsuo pet him because they'd grown quite close, but he'd never met this sheepish girl before and her intentions were a total mystery to him. He let out a small, throaty growl as Ame approached him, backing up a little and huddling close to Akira's leg.

"Whoa...." The young Inuzuka stared in awe at the four earth golems who suddenly appeared in a puff of smoke. That must've been some kind of summoning jutsu, like those he'd been taught about in class. It was definitely amazing to witness firsthand. Shiromaru timidly looked out from behind his master's legs, looking confused and rather startled at the sudden appearance of the hulking rock figures.

"This just keeps getting better and better," he chuckled as he fitted his headset on that the teacher was handing out, making sure it was switched on and he could hear through it as best he could. He'd quickly grown accustomed to the large golems and the charm soon wore off, but then he was being handed free popcorn which made him get all excited over again. He plopped the cup on the floor and sat down with Shiro, the both of them starting to go nuts on the popcorn with their faces until there was nothing left but inedible kernels. It looked more or less like a pack of wolves descended on a hapless portion of popcorn. Now, however, it was time to get to work; Shinobu was already off heading down one of the hallways, beckoning the students to follow behind. The young ninken nudged his master's leg and headed off down with the teacher, eager to get started. Akira kept up with Shiro, setting his headset to the correct setting for the task. He glanced back at Tatsuo and smiled, gesturing for him to come up beside him so they could work together again like old times. Maybe it was just him being kind of antisocial for not taking the time to get to know some of the other students, but honestly he felt kind of nervous around so many new faces; he kind of just wanted to get this class out of the way and be off on his own business again.

Total word count: 955

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As Yama mentioned the turtle, Tatsuo instantly darted his head up, looking to the skies. "Huh, it does look like a turtle. Could be a tortoise though, since it doesn't live in water." he would say with a firm nod, confident in his reasoning. Tatsuo continued to look at all the new arrivals, taking in what they said with a huge and welcoming smile on his face, enjoying the company of his classmates. However when he saw Shiro snub Ame he frowned. "He isn't usually like this, he's probably just nervous." he said to Ame. "My names Tatsuo by the way, what's yours?" he would say, however keeping one of his eyes on Shinobu's instructions. Still keeping himself situated to speak to Ame he looked over to Akira who was motioning him over. He would then motion him over to come back and meet everyone before they started working. He seemed to ignore the popcorn for a minute, meeting his new classmates was his top priority.

WC: 580

Gushiken Yama

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yama had ascertained that his sensei for this class was a penultimate badass. Not only had he created one rock golem like summon, but he had made four. . . Yama instantly found himself filled with a vast amount of respect for the man, and while he grabbed his own personal headset and hardhat he also made sure to have a quick handful of the popcorn that Eiji had brought out. Surely it was more than just butter and popcorn because it tasted phenomenal. Holding himself back from wanting to absolutely pig out, he started following the sensei down the hall as was instructed of him. While he walked, Yama made sure to analyze each and every one of the classmates and based off of the things that they had said, perhaps he was a little too mature for his own good after all. He sighed softly and rubbed his head with his hand, why couldn't he be not so analytical and always thinking and ascertaining things? It would be nice to just shut the mind off and just relax a little bit more now and again (even though ninety-five percent of his life was spent relaxing). Oh well, might as well make it ninety-six. But there was one thing that he definitely knew for sure at the back of his mind and in his heart.

These were all really good kids, just like him.

These fellow students would be the ones to help him carry himself above and beyond what was thought to be a shinobi, and he could in turn do the same thing for each and every one of them. Someday, they would be the ones holding meetings about important events, shoot perhaps even the future Hokage was in this very group. Thinking about this made the young Nara feel incredibly happy and optimistic about what lie ahead for each of them, he wished he could get a little more alone time with each one in turn but everything would come in time after all. Walking up to Shinobu, he reached up and snagged a few pieces of the popcorn from the man's cup and then gave him a huge thumbs up accompanied by a mischievous wink. Trying to get a little bit more familiar with the teacher before they started their task he asked him,

"So how did you learn to summon so many different elementals at once? I've heard that even one or two can be a huge challenge, you really can go above and beyond huh?" He nodded to himself, "I just barely learned how to make a basic clone out of mud, it must be interesting to teach students. Like a mother duck escorting her ducklings to a pond heh." He finished speaking, and then just followed silently to wherever their final destination would be.
<i></i>
[ WC: 470 | TWC: 1,513 | Post Count: 3/5
<i></i>

Chigokai Yuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
At the disapproving look from her teacher and growl from the intimated pup, Ame pulled her hand back, moving to grip at the strap of her bag. She watched as Shinobu wove through a few hand signs, summoning four earth based golems. Silently, she observed in awe. The things were huge! She listened as their instructor listed off their names, casually. She had read about golems before, but had never seen any up close. She situated her nearly given headset to the right position and setting as she focused on the jutsu before her.
Hearing the sound of someone talking to her, Ame jerked her head away from the rock-like creatures. The boy, who introduced himself as Tatsuo, explained that Shiro didn’t usually act that way before asking for her name as well. She reached forward and accepting the popcorn being given to her before responding. Hayashi Ame she said, quietly, motioning her head in a casual bow. I didn’t give much of an introduction but….I like to read. Internally, she asked herself why she was bothering talking to such a stranger. Other people usually bother her enough to ward off any interest of conversation. But Tatsuo seemed nice enough to grace with a few words.
Following after Shinobu, who was now somehow walking up a wall, she munched on a few pieces of popcorn. She was only slightly disappointed that it wasn’t caramel, after all, but the salty, buttery snack was just fine on its own. She hoped that, someday, she too would have the chakra control need in order to walk horizontally like that.
For now though, she directed all of her attention on her current surroundings. She glanced up, back at Tatsuo. She didn’t want to let their conversation die, but she wasn’t exactly sure what to say. So you like sweets?She spit out, her voice rising in volume just a bit.

[WC: 316] [TWC: 949] [Post 3/5]

Shinobu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Walking down the hallway along the wall Shinobu kept the students in his peripheral vision while thinking to himself for a moment. "Geez what am I gonna do about Tatsuo, I can't keep lying to him, hes a good kid. But I really do not want to deal with the shame of telling him who I am. Let's just finish this class and try to move forward I guess" Suddenly he looked down and saw Yama snag a piece of popcorn from Shinobus cup, with a sudden stop he halted his walk along the wall. Looking down at Yama his eyes got big and his face got slightly red as he slowly spoke to the student. "Uhhh, howa, how does that popcorn taste Yama?" Shinobu would look on very nervously as the kid continued to walk, after a moment it seemed nothing was going to happen. "Dang kid that's impressive. I coat most all my food with some pretty potent poison. Seems you got some kina natural immunity. Who woulda guessed? Next time though ask, training to be Immune to poison is a constant task that makes all my food deadly to most students."

Looking back at the others he saw them conversing together like old pals,"Good, there seem to be bonds of friendship forming in the academy. I would expect nothing less from Kenshin-sensei, he runs a tight ship." Motion to the others they entered one of the under construction threates, the room only help a few dozen seats and was mostly stripped down. Waving to the small earth golems in the hallways he spoke to everyone as the little pile of rock fumbled around with a pair of sacks they could barely lift. "Alright everyone now we get to the fun part. Demolition!" With a giant smile Shinobu waved his arm at the large wall in the theater. "This wall is coming down and we are making these two small theaters into one large one." Sitting down in one of the chair Shinobu finished off the rest of his popcorn and then put his feet up to relax and continue shouting out advice to the students.

"Yeah just grab one of those sledge hammers or use your own weapons, don't matter to me. Just start dealing some damage to that thing." During luls of the demolition work Shinobu would begin to walk around and check on each of them in turn. " Yes yes, keep at it Akira and Tatsuo. Ahhh Ame, try and put your full weight behind every blow, you may be small but you still have some power in there if you shift your feet right. There you go. So what kind of books do you like to read Ame? Never been much of a book guy myself but I am always open to suggestions." Turning around he looked down at two of his small earth golems as they tried to push a supply box from different sides, causing a small back and forth 'push of war' between them, with neither realizing how futile their attempts were.
Excellent work so far guys. So Yama decided to try and eat the poison popcorn, I have gone ahead and rolled his poison save. Yama had a total of +8 save vs poison from his Chakra Control and Stamina stats. The poison was Botulinum Toxin giving it a DC of 25. Yama got a nat 20 on his roll for a total of 28 thereby beating out the poison and not being affected by it. Way to go Yama!

Next its time to talk about your current task, I have yall demolishing a wall. I would like you to do some basic calculations and tell me how many strikes it takes you to bring down your section of the wall using the battle rules. Each of you is assigned a section of wall with 150 HP and 50% damage reduction. Damage reduction is taken off each individual hit so if you normally hit for 20HP that hit would deal 10HP to the wall. I have a bag of Sledge Hammers for you to use if you havn't created a weapon for your self yet. The stats on the hammers are +0 Acc/+0% Damage.

Rule for Basic Strikes and weapons can be found HERE

I am kinda throwing you in the deep end here expecting you to read up on and follow some of the battle rules. Don't panic if you are struggling. PM me and we will work through it together okay!

Ichida sorry but I have to give you one demerit for missing the 72 hour post period. You can still pass the class if you dont get any more. Please just reach out to me with a PM or on Discord everyone if you are not able to make a post in time and we will work it out.

Inuzuka Akira

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The teacher sure wasn't lying about that fun part. The theatre was huge and rather impressive even though it was half torn down and on its way to a fresh remodelling. He'd never been to this cinema before but now at least he had a sense of what he had been missing. He stepped back from the teacher as he began speaking, joining with Tatsuo and Ame, realising he'd probably been a bit hasty and left his friends behind in anticipation for the class.

"Sorry guys, I got a bit ahead of myself there," he said with a light chuckle, Shiro sticking close to the side of his leg as he spoke. This demolition business was gonna be some bloody great catharsis though, "heh heh, you know, I kind of wish Aomaru-sensei was here; he and father used to use this spinning technique when fighting and it could wreck whole buildings," he explained, thinking about it and how he and Shiro were undoubtably far too weak to even be able to attempt the Gatsuuga... He figured it would've been pretty awesome to watch though, especially here. Not being able to use much else, he bent down and grabbed a sledgehammer from the bag on the floor, handing one to both Tatsuo and Ame.

"Hey, sorry about earlier," he began to Ame, "Shiromaru's kind of nervous around new people sometimes. I guess I got a little hasty too... I'm Akira!" He said with a big smile - Shiro let out a whimpery bark as if giving his apology too. He bent down for a moment to give Shiromaru an encouraging pat on his side before looking up at Tatsuo, "Ready to tear this place down, buddy?"

With that, the young Inuzuka got to work attempted to smash the wall in with his sledgehammer, struggling to lift it but still managing to get the leverage to swing it over his shoulder at the wall to get a good whack.

TWC: 1286
[MFT]
Mr. Wall said:
E-Rank strike for 50 damage.
Reduced to 25 damage (50%)
Wall Health: 125HP

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Of course I like sweets." he noded firmly. "I like all the sweets, chocolate, lollipops, cake, pie, caramel, fudge. I like 'em all." he would say with a smile. "Ame? That's a nice name, you should come help me and Akira demolish this building. We could do it in 20 good minutes. Also what's your favorite sweets? Do you like caramel popcorn? I think they might give us some caramel popcorn here later after we're finished, that's what it said on the ticket at least so I am very excited about getting some caramel popcorn." he would continue to blabber on before taking the sledge hammer from Akira, putting it over his shoulder before heading deep into the cinema, following Akira while also motioning Ame to follow. Tatsuo seemed really excited to start demolishing the building. Very few things would be more fun to an eleven year old other than unadulterated destruction of property. Taking his sledge hammer to a wall he would break one of the bricks in a single blow, with a huge heave he would go again making another similar sized hole. "Bet I can break 'em faster than you Akira!" he would say continuing to slam his hammer into the wall rapidly stone and dust flying in all directions creating almost a mini cloud of demolition around Tatsuo. He was truly giving it his all, partially to compete with Akira and to impress everyone else with his work ethic. There was no way he'd lose a competition, but if he did, at least it was to Akira.

WC: 842

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back