Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Passing The Torch [Contract Learning]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Deep in the Bibliotheca, Eiji would be studying. Or rather working on his strategy. Looking through texts, great warriors and nations were led by even greater generals. These men shaped the course of history with their Brain as well as their sword. The two came together like Rain into the ocean. It only made sense, but how did they plan? How did they plot? What actions did they take to give themselves an advantage. Like these men, Eiji knew there would be someone to rise up, and take the mantle from him... but he wished to become a name that would be remembered... if only he could overcome the laziness he felt in the heat of a moment.

Playing a game of chess against himself he would plot out two very distinctive plans. One side was using Isolation tactics with Pawns, The other was Sacrificing Pawns for progression of Bishops, Knights, and the Queen as the rooks and King kept their position for Castling Moves. Both were classic ways of playing chess and neither were a way that Eiji was keen to... but he tried it...

Over time the moves would make more sense to him as the Isolation seemed to be able to use simple Pawns to take out the Knights and Bishops of the opposing side after the sacrifices were over. The Isolation however ended as the Queen of the the black side... dominated the Isolation. Only to fall to Whites Queen. At the end of the day, when you went to war there could be many different tactics one would be able to use... but the plan was to save the most pieces and live to see another day...

'.......I need.... to learn more.', So with that he would lower his head back into the book of strategies.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
There were a myriad of things that Musashi should have been doing, a number of things that he wanted to be doing. Getting things registered with the clan name was not one of them. As busy as he was looking at public records and generally being inquisitive himself, he noticed Eiji and couldn't help but to wonder just what he was going on about. Finding that the boy was simply enjoying a game of chess, Musashi started to ask if he was waiting on his opponent to show when he saw Eiji move first a piece on one side and then move a piece on another side. Either the kid was without friends or he simply wanted to be left alone. Whatever the case, Musashi checked over his documents once more before walking over to Eiji and motioned towards the the open seating area. "I hate to pry but were you expecting someone?" It was an innocent enough question but the thing about questions was that one could never be sure where they would lead them.

OOC: At this point Umashi would be known as Yamamoto Musashi.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The moment in time didnt seem to go on for too long but he would definitely begin to feel the presence of another. The Sensory of the ground beneath him seemed to be heightened. He could feel Musashi before he would get close but he didnt feel hostility... not yet at least. Eiji's blank expression seemed to cover his visage. "Hm... No. I come up here to practice my strategy.. To read...", Eiji was thirteen, a young dark skinned kid that seemed a bit out of place everywhere he went. Everyone was pale... or tan. Not many looked like he looked, aside from his family. Though, he didnt let it get to him but it was just apparent everywhere he would go that he would stick out like a sore thumb.

"...I'm Eiji, Mistah. Eiji of the Endo Clan. Might I ask your name, bud?", nodding again he would roll his right shoulder popping it and his neck. Eiji closed the book to his left before turning to the man to give him his full attention. It was common courtesy to go about things, especially with elders, with a good bit of respect. Though, upon turning Eiji would tilt his head. 'This guy... Has something about him... I cant put my finger on it.'

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Endo . . . as in . . . couldn't be. Musashi had heard of rumblings or another about a kid from . . . "Yamamoto Musashi . . . a pleasure to meet you." Musashi smiled and nodded as he looked back at the board and book. "I once knew a great strategist from Iwagakure, the former Tsuchikage, Inu Endo. Indeed, for his age he was the best that they had to offer on the battlefield! With a motion of his hand he could command legions and his war room decisions were never questioned." Nodding to himself, he stared off in the distance as he remembered the former. Assassinated in his prime, one could only wonder how things would have been if he'd lived to see this day. While it was certainly possibly a coincidence that Eiji just so happened to look the way that he did with the name that he had, Musashi didn't want to assume that all people that looked a certain way, came from the same place. However . . .

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
'Yamamoto...Musashi? That, sounds familiar.' nodding to himself softly. Though the next thing to come out of Musashi's mouth seemed to rattle him a bit. Not many people in Kumogakure talked about Inu Endo. "...I am that man you speak of's Cousin. Inu Endo... after his death my family adopted his name for the name of the clan itself. He was a man that was said to be one of the best on the field of battle... but his life was taken by someone he was supposed to have been able to trust. Something no Strategist can account for in the line of a shinobi... Though his spirit lives on in my blood as I do seek to claim leadership of our clan because I feel as though I'm the one that can bring honor to his name.", a bout of passion from the boy but he would still have a bit to think about in the case of the conversation he was having.

"I never met Inu Endo myself... but he's been a big part of why I do what I do... And why I feel like I'm destined for more than just... This?", looking from the chess pieces to Musashi he'd wonder if the man understood the tribulations and trials that Eiji felt within him. Truly. Though, now with him he could feel his own spirit trembling at the notion... there was more. With him he could even see another... a woman her six hands over him. He could see her... Feel her. And he was seeing her more often in his dreams... looming over him. Watching him...

"So Mister Musashi... What brings you here? Were you meeting someone here?", finally looking at him wondering why here... and why now...

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
This boy was related to -THE- Inu Endo?!? Musashi would have scratched his head if it were mildly appropriate but he listened on as the boy told of the tale of Inu Endo's downfall. It was true, there was no way to truly account for a betrayal of the highest order. Looking at the chessboard, Musashi couldn't help but to chuckle as he grabbed a nearby chair and pulled it up to the board. Looking at it, the moves having been made thus far, he could definitely see the conundrum that the boy was in. "The Rook could take the Pawn but that would leave the Bishop exposed . . ." Leaning in on the table he started to drum up possible moves but it almost seemed like the battle could be lost. "Yeah, one would hope that you lived up to and exceeded Inu Endo's name . . ." Still in thought, Umashi moved a pawn and waited to see what Eiji would do. "You know, I was supposed to be reading some books but this seems like it could be a lot more fun."

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"...But it would leave it open for the Que-....", looking at the move from the the older man Eiji's eyes would widen, 'I've been looking at the board so closely for so long... how could I have missed that?' looking to Musashi now as he relaxed into position across from him. The Pawn move would make him wonder who this man truly was. And what were his intentions? Who knew... who cared, Eiji was intrigued enough to see where this would go. "I guess... but I'm up here reading about Genjutsu, strategy... Nothing seems to be helping, I'm still behind most of my friends. So becoming as great as he was... As he aimed to be. As he could've been before his life was taken away from him by nothing more than calloused behavior of a woman who couldnt make up her mind...", clenching his fist. Eiji felt alot with the man that he'd never met, but reading the tales of Endo it seemed to spark something in him.

'This guy is gonna think I'm a nut job.', "Heh, well I'm happy to have been interesting to catch your attention, sir.", huffing out Eiji'd think for a moment maybe this could be the change in his life that would pave the road in this high grassy brush that he seemed to be metaphorically cutting through. It was like he was walking in the right direction but he couldnt find the correct path... but he didnt want to take a path already paved for him. He wanted to carve it out himself... but that wasnt to say that he wasnt in the position to receive help carving out that said path...

"Hm... So, mind telling me more about yourself?", Eiji would speak whilst moving his knight from the opposing side of the pawn Musashi'd just moved ahead of the pawns that flanked it bringing it into the middle of the field. '...I can take his queen if I push him into moving his rook up... but I would need him to get his bishop so... the knight is the best move to keep the field... level. I'll see what he's thinking with his next maneuver.', Eiji'd eye the board for a moment turning his complete attention to the game and Musashi.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Focusing on the board, Musashi used a bit of senjutsu concentrated into his finger to tap the board and bring it to life. Upon doing so, the pieces began to stand at attention as they gained arms and legs and began to fight each other as the various scenarios in his head. "Myself? I'm just a family man doing what family men do, namely . . . trying to survive." Smiling, he briefly looked up from the board as the used the powers of senjutsu chakra to continue to manipulate the board. "Some call me a merchant, others a teacher . . . but honestly, I'm just a man of many talents. What sort of talents do you have?" Leaning back on his perch, her focused on the board and muttered something or another about different moves and about some technique that had been used in a Chess game a few years ago in a tournament.Stroking at his chin, he looked from the board to the boy and then back at the board.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Watching the board come to life Eiji would smirk looking up to his elder. His eyes full of gleam and appreciation for the moment he was having. Though even chuckling at the antics of Musashi, "Heh. 'Trying to survive?' You sound like my Pops.", smiling himself for a moment but Eiji would reveal his own prowess, not as good but focusing his chakra into the board itself he'd create a small field of battle where the squares were now gone, and everything left on the table aside from the pieces themselves was a small field mixed with trees and some rocks and ledges. "...I dont have much natural talent, not anymore at least... but I've worked for the things I've obtained. I can sense the world around me... vibrations on the ground... like right now...", closing his eyes for a moment he would assess himself.

"There are Twenty-eight people in this library... within one thousand feet of us right now.", nodding again he would open his eyes, "I'm training myself to be Elite. Yanno? My Talents lead me to want to Lead. Maybe even be the Raikage... if not, definitely leader of a branch.", nodding there wasnt much else he could be able to say but he would pick one of the pieces up and act like he was whispering into a fake ear as it would charge into the makeshift trees to knock a pawn over.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His eyebrows perking up a bit, Musashi looked over at the boy and paused. Scratching at his chin, he folded one leg over the other and crossed his arms in thought. This kid had a natural talent if ever there was any. With being able to sense the earth like that . . . such skills didn't come cheap. Musashi hadn't seen anybody able to master such delicate earthen techniques outside of Iwagakure and if there was any indication from this kid, he was definitely one in tune with the earth. What with the ability to mildly control such elements, he could do a lot of damage if trained properly. The only question now would be who would train him. Looking at the now very animated board, Musashi knew that he probably shouldn't take up the clause but he also knew that he probably could get by by at least attempting it.

Reaching over and grabbing a book on the Ancient Kumogakurian language, Musashi handed it over to Eiji.
"You've some skill, that much I can see, but your mind should be as strong as your fist, and then some." Musashi didn't know what the boy would find. In fact, he himself was in desperate need to brush up on the language himself. With more than enough languages under his belt, he could accomplish much in the realm of socio-economic politics and the like. With such a close relation to Inu Endo, Eiji could be a project worth investing in. One that Musashi could feel good about, but first he needed to test the boy. Some lessons simply started with the basics. If the boy could understand the physical, then they could begin to discuss the spiritual and beyond.

OOC: Bringing in a bit of https://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=243&t=1032 Ancient Kumo

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Taking the text into his palms he would tilt his head, "Uh... I cant read any of this... This is Ancient Kumogakurian though...", he'd run his fingers over the pages. Though, something within Eiji had been awakened and his eyes would change slightly. His sclera turned from white to black, as the iris and pupil began to project a white glow. Though, nothing changed about his voice... but his eyes changing would be something new externally because within Eiji was talking with... whatever her name was.</FONTFACE>
ULI7ZB4.jpg
<FONTFACE fontface="palatino">

'Η ιστορία του χωριού κρυμμένο στα σύννεφα γράφεται...'

'What does that even mean?'

'...I'm going to have to teach you... just repeat after me. And I'll let you know what it means...'

Externally Eiji would nod, "Η ιστορία του χωριού κρυμμένο στα σύννεφα γράφεται." nodding he woudl look up to Musashi before uttering, "The history of The Village Hidden in the Clouds is written...", almost delayed he would nod again seemingly still having internal conversation, "...I think I can figure out how to read it... but why did you push this book my way?", tilting his head, Eiji smirked before eye'ing Musashi. He liked this guy... but what was it about him that made him think of some leader of a nation? Nah... there was no way he was the leader of Kumo, the Lord Raikage was a man by the name of Raikage-sama...

This is Eiji's Speech.
This is ????'s Speech. * - She cannot be heard.

Note: The Plum Color is the Jinchuriki Speaking. She knows Ancient Kumo because she is... Ancient.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Grabbing a similar book himself, Umashi thumbed through it as he found a page with the basic word that he was looking for. "Η γνώση" With that he continued flipping through the pages of the book as he found himself somewhat able to understand the text on a surface level, but wishing to issue the point home, he continued on in a language that they both understood. "Yes, without knowledge, there can be no power. Often times people strive for the physical without first understanding the mental."

Pointing towards the board he drew the attention to it as the pieces began to move all on their own. "Yes, like a game of chess . . . being the strongest physical piece on the board doesn't always equate to a sure victory. Sometimes . . ." His voice trailed off as the pieces moved in such a way that soon the white King was surrounded by black pieces. Pawns that had been strategically placed, and strategically maneuvered in such a way so as to be able to march right up to the proverbial enemy's front door. "Sometimes the weakest link physically, can bind the strongest foes with just a bit of ingenuity. Alas, go on, read me more from that book."

OOC: Η γνώση = The Knowledge

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Looking to the man he would nod his head, Eiji could sense this was getting deeper down the rabbit hole... Deeper into the sanctums of his mind was he worried about the objectivication that he would get if he mentioned the voice in his head. Though maybe Musashi would be able to make sense of it all, but Eiji would wait, as he'd begin, "Well I've always heard that without knowledge there is no potential, and without potential there is nothing. Just Stagnant behaviour.", nodding again he'd look down. The words would subtly begin to come loose in his mind. Though he'd passed his evaluation during the time the voice was not apparent within his being. Which was a Godsend if he'd ever seen it.

Alas, Eiji would lower his head and begin trying to read, "Η γνώση είναι ο καρπός της ζωής" Eiji would look down the list of alphabets... putting things together as he muttered the words again and again to himself. "Ahh, so you are kinda smart teaching yourself from just the little you've seen.", the voice within him stirred and Eiji's eyes winced as if he were in pain trying to ignore it.

"Η γνώση είναι ο καρπός της ζωής", nodding he'd lift his head to Musashi, "Knowledge...is the...fruit or essence of life...Right?", he'd lower his head once again tracing the page and trying to formulate the words and meanings, and slowly he would begin to understand what the voice was trying to do. Encouraging him, but instead he took it as mocking... but again he tried to ignore it beign stubborn. "Και με τη ζωή υπάρχει μια πνευματική σχέση με την εκτεταμένη ζωή ...", nodding again he'd speak, "And with life there is a spiritual connection with extended life... What does that mean... Musashi-sama. 'Extended Life?'" finally Eiji would raise his demeanor completely to Umash-... Musashi pondering what he meant and such.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Having to hold back his excitement, the seemingly wise man leaned up from his perch and let the words flow with an amazing grace. "Μιλήστε τις λέξεις και δώστε τους τη μορφή" In the ancient language, there he'd apply just the right amount of chakra to give life to what wasn't already there. With the words spoken, a glowing light would appear between his now outstretched hands as he opened them to pick up and then cup the black King. Closing his hands around it, he'd close his eyes and then gently blow across his glowing hands. Smiling, he'd open his eyes and then extend just one hand towards Eiji. Opening it, the light would die down and only be concentrated on the piece before him. No longer just a normal chess piece, the black King looked more like a regal soldier, more animated and lifelike, in fact, if one leaned in really close, they might mistake it for having a voice. Was it truly alive, or was Musashi up to more shinobi tricks? As he'd sit the piece down before Eiji, he'd lean back as it slowly froze into place, no longer alive, but still looking as though all it took would be to say the magic words.

OOC:
Μιλήστε τις λέξεις και δώστε τους τη μορφή = Speak the words and give them the form

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
There were things that happened throughout the life of a man, unbelieveable things that could be described in great detail. The vivid nature of those details would make the world believeable within the confines of reality, with things such as logic, sense and philoshophy. These things happened with or without chakra and with the introduction of chakra to many things, the lid would be conceptually taken off of what could be done within a spectrum of realism. However, on this day... Eiji would be in awe. Rather, left with his jaw unhinged to the spectacle he was seeing through his own eyes.

"ω θεε μου!" Eiji would speak almost naturally. "I think you've just about got it... but its such a vulgar and brutish way of speaking isnt it?", the voice within resonating again before Eiji nodded, "How did you... Musashi-sama, can you do the same thing from within? Like...", Eiji thought to himself for a moment. Should he even be announcing he hears voices in his head?

Well one voice...

That didnt sound any better the second time even thinking about it.

"Is it possible to manifest something you hear into form?"

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Hrm . . . I don't see why not. Aren't all jutsu simply just our thoughts given physical form?" The questions posed to Eiji was as much a question to himself as it was a question to the boy. "In reality, you should be able to give form to whatever your imagination allows for. Why . . . I've seen men give form to memories of dead loved ones, monsters that they were afraid of, heck . . . even entire cities." Cocking his head to the side, Musashi was genuinely wondering just what sort of something that this boy was cooking up. Was it going to be an uncontrolled power, akin to the Jinchuriki of the world, or would it be a memory of something so long gone that it would barely do it justice to speak on it? If Eiji proved to be especially skilled though, Musashi might just be able to teach him a few more tricks that would ultimately help him out immensely.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Thinking for the moment he would question everything he thought. He'd never thought about bringing shape to these things. He'd always figured that he would use jutsu the way they were intended. Allowing the jutsu to shape itself... but maybe thats why he was only making walls and simple stone pellets at this time. Though, Eiji knew that he would be able to do more with time... but maybe he would be able to do something different. Though he wanted to figure things out... so for a moment after Musashi spoke and left Eiji in Awe from his display... Eiji would sit there.

Internally, he searched for the voice. He wanted her to show herself.... so that he would be able to see her for the first time. However, everywhere he looked it seemed to be nothing but darkness. 'I know you're in here... Dont get quiet now!' shaking his head and huffing out he'd glare at Musashi. "...She wont show herself...", sighing again he would hear a giggle in his head causing him to clench his fists tightly, his nails pressing into his palms and bearing into his skin with such animosity. His eyes stayed shut for a while after his spoke. He... just wanted to grow. And whatever it was haunting him wasnt allowing it. Hindering his chakra... It was aggravating.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
His brow furrowing, Musashi wondered just what the boy was exactly talking about . . . rather, he wondered who "She" was. Was this a by product of the Sage Arts that Musashi was rather round about trying to teach Eiji? Surely with the manipulation of such chakra, Eiji could have seen something . . . anything. Glancing around to see just who was present, he was relieved to find that those that were present, weren't nearby. Leaning forward and standing up, he began to quickly make a hand seals as he ended the complex string with an very visible and audible exhaling as if he was breathing life into their surroundings.

As he did so, the first thing that Eiji would notice would be an immediate darkening of the world around them, and then suddenly, it would seem as though they'd been whisked away to a world of eternal twilight. Neither light or dark, the twilight room of sorts would extend as far as their original settings. Though they were still within the original library, beyond the book shelves and tomes there was clearly a lack of walls as the world seemed to extend forever into oblivion. As the world settled into being, Eiji would notice that there were no other people in the realm with them. Without asking Eiji if he should however, Musashi called out to whatever may have been there to begin with . . .
"Please, reveal yourself!"

OOC: Using Breathe of the Wild from the Archsage Kinjutsu in order to create a "space" for the Tsukumogami contract type of creatures to be seen.
https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=54252#p274398
Breath of the Wild - A-Rank Ninjutsu

A technique, also known as Inorganic Reanimation, allows the user to figuratively breathe life into the land around them by directly taking control of Natural Energy, or infuse it into things without it such as the earth. In either case, this gives the user the capability to make even drastic alterations to their immediate environment that occur both suddenly and unexpectedly. The environment itself is an Archsage's ally.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It wouldnt take long for Eiji to truly understand what was going on, but he also didnt know what was about to come of this. Espcially when he himself had never seen the deity within him. There was silence, then giggling for a moment as a group of women and their voices would begin to emit from beyond the bookcases. Then with a a few clicks a man would come forth. His hair was as silver as the periodic metal, Eiji's eyes would widen as he saw the male, "...Hm, You wanted me to show myself?", nodding the mysterious male would seemingly appear from thin air behind the book cases. It was... Odd, but he was not a woman and the voices of women.

"Wrong. You're not who I can hear in my head... You're some sort of impos-.""Listen boy... I dont have time, The good Lord didnt bring me out for your misguided banter. Those 'Guardians' of yours are the voices in your head. Sure, but I am your sword and shield. Something that is quite different than your hosts guardians. Got me?" Eiji would only be able to look to Musashi before huffing and crossing his arms.

"What say you Musashi-sama?"

DhruwuFVAAAaBWt.jpg

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Shrugging, Musashi made a display about sighing a bit louder and more dramatic than normal as he shook his head. "Seems a bit eccentric to me but I'm merely the charlatan doing cheap parlor tricks . . . I had no part in his creation." In no uncertain terms, Musashi was admitting to being out of his element despite actually having the ability to manipulate the element in question. Continuing on, he cut to the point. "I can keep us both here for as long as I'm allowed to keep the connection open, but any questions, concerns, thoughts and opinions need to be voiced to . . . him . . . or whatever it that appears to be a him." With that being said, he'd snap his fingers and sit down just as a chair appeared under him. Leaning back in it and crossing his arms, he'd nod towards Eiji and the entity. Some things had to be earned the hard way and this was one such meeting where there wasn't an exception to that rule. Of course, if provoked, he'd poke his nose in their business but otherwise . . . he had some ancient Kumo to brush up on.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back