Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Perspective from the Floor

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke's eyes shifted to the clock. She was late. Rioshi was usually not late. Usually she was on time, early even. No though. She was late. Sousuke's eyes narrowed as he looked at the clock, but then he looked at the date. Ah. Yes. This was one of those confounded days where the clocks went back. Sousuke exhaled. Okay. That was okay then. He was early then. Sousuke went about the tower changing the clocks to the proper time.

Next. Next he needed coffee. Sousuke opened up the store house which held no less than seventy fair-trade Sunan whole coffee bean. His eyes narrowed as he had to get the step ladder to get said coffee. Why on earth did she put the coffee so far up on the supply shelf. After he acquired the can of coffee he then went to his coffee maker and began the brewing. He tapped his fingers impatiently as he watched the coffee drip into the coffee pot. It was like watching water boil. Time sometimes had this nasty habit of not passing quickly. This was going to be one of those moments. Drip. Drip. Drip.

Sousuke ultimately laid down and stared at the ceiling as he waited the coffee to finish. Sousuke stared at the ceiling. The floor tile was cold, not unpleasant. Just cold. Sometimes thinking from the floor lends perspective. One does that when they've hit rock bottom. Technically wouldn't it be magma bottom? Molten rock was farther and deeper than rocks were. Magma was merely liquid rock one would argue. Hrm. A worthwhile thing to consider. Sousuke lazily stared at the ceiling more. His eyes shifted over to the coffee pot. It was nearing ten cups. Upon that he would simply empty the contents of the pot into a very large mug that Rioshi somewhere had here. Usually she gave him the pink one with flowers and kittens. Why did she pick kittens? He didn't like kittens, but maybe she did.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was on time, it was not a hard skill to master. There was this device that actually told her what time of day it was and made a noise to wake her in the morning. It would then continue to notify her in silence of the passage of time. When the time for an activity or an event drew near, she would head to the destined place at the destined time. So when she left her house, or rather hovel in the cheapest part of town an hour before work was to start she would pass the denizens of this underbelly in silence. It was rare that she endured anything unseemly, she was a regular in this community and while she has never advertised herself as a shinobi she had a knack for self-defense. She would arrive unadulterated, ten minutes early or fifty minutes late considering the fact that the clocks had changed. She would look up at one such clock that was neglected in this bi-annual maintenance and briefly have a sense of breathlessness as she thought she erred or lost track of time in her travels only to look at her wrist and regain assurance.

She would enter the office as she did every morning, Sousuke already there. Ever the eccentric, he was making his own coffee and it was not a cup but rather a bowl that he had filled with his bitter brew. It was not a mistake, it was always a bowl these days. His caffeine needs far exceeded her own. She had a specific bowl for him, it was gaudy and that was purposeful. That one always had the poison in it, she did not want to inadvertently poison the wrong man with her curious concoction. She dropped her purse behind the desk, it landed with a thud. The leather bag strained from the weight of what she carried with her which was less than one would have assumed. She only carried one item in the bag, a brick. It had become her weapon of choice as of late since she could not use her ninjutsu or genjutsu without drawing attention or being recognized for her skill set. If she knocked out a man thrice her size with a single blow she could blame it on luck, a well-placed attack and the weight of the brick in her bag to achieve this end. "Good morning Mister Takahashi," she would announce professionally as she did every morning. "Working on another project?" She made an effort to monitor his comings and his goings as well as his present efforts - be them on policy, budgets, excursions or inventions.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Watch as Shiori arrived and dropped off her purse. There was a small thud. It wasn't the most staggering thud. Women had these things called purses. They were bags that were of a supposed fashionable sort. Some of them had gold chains, some silver. Some of them had medallions of various colours. Purses were various in prices. Some of them were very expensive ... which was a horrifying thing. Lady Tomoko's purse cost ... well it was excessive, it was the equivalent to the cost of his entire casual wardrobe. Sousuke wondered how much Rioshi's purse cost. Men too had purses, except they were bigger again. Sousuke's man purse, or rather backpack was not a fashionable object. It was something that carried several tools he needed.

The woman came in and greeted him. He "Good morning Rioshi."<i></i> He answered back as he still remained on the floor. He frowned slightly. The last couple of meetings had been awkward. Mainly for her. Kuro wanted to kidnap her and go dancing with her, but he suspected that his sennin had ... different intentions. It probably involved breeding. A curious concept ... considering there was thing called foreplay involved. If Sousuke had to guess, dancing was mayhap a form of .... foreplay? "Soon."<i></i> He answered. "I spent forty-six minutes in the hospital before breaking out due to the aftermath of that incursion event near 54, 32. Not Inferno. That was 38, 62."<i></i> He explained giving geographical points. Oddities of all sorts were happening in the desert. Creatures of all sorts emerging. Sousuke had boiled it down to demons, but there was something influencing them. Something elemental. "They're happening more often and local villages and developments are being threatened. My response merely is go there - get the area evacuated and then battle some anomaly to the death."<i></i> His eyes shifted to her face, "Luckily I haven't had to call you to come collect me yet. Pieces of me probably."<i></i>

He gave her a look over. "I think you gained some weight."<i></i> He studied her. "Good."<i></i> Some aspects of her were ... overly proportionate. "Hopefully Kuro's unwanted advanced ended?"<i></i> He inquired. He doubted it. Kuro was the sort of person that it was hard to say no to, moreover telling him no and him accepting no proved difficult at times.

Sousuke would remain on the floor looking at the ceiling. "Why white? Why leather?"<i></i> He inquired almost randomly. "Why be a secretary? I am certain you could become an influential member of society through the correct associations with people far more prestigious than myself? How do you maintain your teeth to be as white as glistening diamonds? How many boyfriends have you had?"<i></i> A continual rapid fire series of questions. "How old are you truthfully? Why is your makeup not white and or silvery? Do you have siblings? Are they just as obsessive with white or is it just you? Do they primarily focus on one colour?"<i></i> More rapid-fire questions. "What qualities do you find attractive in a person? I like women with an affinity for science, logic, and normalcy."<i></i> He finally stopped. "Curious. Just being curious... since we rarely get to have conversation aside from dictations."<i></i> He paused for a moment, his eyes shifted over to her once more. "Did you finish that dictation when I called you from the hospital?"<i></i>

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: Sorry for the wait - my intended posting day (this previous Wed) was spent doing a mod that took two days followed by real life, etc.

IC:

Purses had a variety of utilitarian uses, one of which being it was a thing that carried her bricks. For some it was lipstick and chewing gum or petty cash. For others, it was almost like a pack intended for an expedition into an alien habitat. In most cases a purse also distinguished status and value for a woman - she was successful and therefore could afford a fashionable, well-built, coordinating bag or that she was valued by another such as her husband who was successful and who purchased such bags for her. This was not to say that every woman had an excellent bag and there were many who owned bags beyond their means because of the social and psychological merit the bag exuded. Shiori's bag was therefore highly fashionable despite the fact that a rag or a rope tied around a brick would have served the same purpose. She was a narcissist in many ways and perhaps that was why, but those who knew her truly which none did would know the truth was much sadder as to why she required material representation of her status and value. Maslow understood that 'belonging' preceded esteem and despite her appearance and her mannerisms that mimicked a woman she was not a woman. She was never a woman, a girl or even a child. She was never a daughter, a sister or a cousin but she had been a mother many many times before.
...and she would be again soon enough.

"Good morning Rioshi."

Sousuke replied simply enough. She went to work in a methodical sort of way, first to the coffee that was already brewed. Disappointing really, she had not poisoned that pot and it was not the sort of thing you could soak into the beans or the grounds. She frowned as she continued her morning rounds of restocking and filing, despite suggestions otherwise she was a rather efficient woman when she put her mind to a task. Was he about to work on one of his projects or was he already in the process of doing so? It was hard to know, he was always tinkering and he had a flighty mind - his train of thought seemed to collide with a number of clouds and at times his conclusions were aberrant. She wondered if it was the poison's doing briefly but she knew that was not the case, he was always this man but there was a time she viewed him through rose-tinted glasses and during that time she saw him as the consummation of brilliance and strength in the form of a man. That was not what she saw anymore - a man hardly more than a curiosity who would see her dead for what she was and perhaps it was the distant fall from grace that cause this burning pain in the back of her throat and in her heart and this sense of hatred that consumed her nights. She did hate him, more than anyone else but she was patient and of course frightened.

"I spent forty-six minutes in the hospital before breaking out due to the aftermath of that incursion event near 54, 32. Not Inferno. That was 38, 62. They're happening more often and local villages and developments are being threatened. My response merely is go there - get the area evacuated and then battle some anomaly to the death. Luckily I haven't had to call you to come collect me yet. Pieces of me probably."

Shiori nodded. "Sandworms?" She queried with a single word. It would be logical that sandworms, near the apogee of power and might would be feared as the only potential foe of a sandworm is man and carnasaur. Sandworms were thought to be nearly extinct, like carnasaurs who fed off of sandworms primarily although they were more aggressive and would hunt anything edible there were few beasts less the great annelids that were sizable enough to sate the ravenous appetite of the carnasaur. The malestrom pushed the sandworms underground and the carnasaurs followed. Both survived as subterranean creatures for the past few decades and now in the absence of that terrible plight that would one day be seen as both a blessing and a curse for Sunagakure as it forced the shinobi community into isolation and cut off supplies and assistance - yes, it also held back a plethora of dangerous creatures and ne'er do wells that now had nothing stopping them.

"I think you gained some weight."

Dangerous words Sousuke. Dangerous words.

"Good."

Nice save.

"Hopefully Kuro's unwanted advanced ended?"

She was looking at her belly and weighing her boobs in her hands - did she gain weight and if so where. She was already top heavy enough, anything more might actually be dangerous. She frowned as that thought ran through her head. It would be ironic that she might have to seek a breast reduction when she could change her shell at any time. Well, she could claim that she was having one and reform. It took her a moment to realize that Sousuke had asked a question. "What advances?" She replied simply. She never noticed Kuro's attempts and took Kuro's statements at face value -- that he wanted to dance. She had a rudimentary understanding of human preference and to a level her ideals were mildly exaggerated as one could tell with this form. The intent was to be aesthetically pleasant but in some ways she seemed to be more a parody of such a concept. She had no particular understanding of romance at least in the conventional sense, companionship was not necessarily something that needed to be substantiated with intercourse or contact even. Love, affection and companionship meant something different to her - carnal passion and lust exist only in concept without context.

"Why white? Why leather?"

"I know it matches then," she replied simply. She had lived the life of a human and she should understand concepts such as relationships, flirting, and even fashion but she did not. It was not for lack of intellect but rather capacity. For a majority of her mortal span she was blind. She did not know or see the difference between chartreuse and lime and in an attempt to appear 'perfect' or at least this modified and enhanced version of perfection that she has learned over the years through social conditioning perpetuated by other humans to meet an unnatural standard it seems almost ironic that she appears as that now and that is what makes her the most unusual.

"Why be a secretary?"

"I needed a job."

"I am certain you could become an influential member of society through the correct associations with people far more prestigious than myself?"

"Like what?" She was sounding defensive.

"How do you maintain your teeth to be as white as glistening diamonds?"

"...Strawberries?" She replied with a tone of uncertainty.

"How many boyfriends have you had?"

"None!"

"How old are you truthfully? Why is your makeup not white and or silvery? Do you have siblings? Are they just as obsessive with white or is it just you? Do they primarily focus on one colour? What qualities do you find attractive in a person? I like women with an affinity for science, logic, and normalcy. Curious. Just being curious... since we rarely get to have conversation aside from dictations... Did you finish that dictation when I called you from the hospital?"</B><i></i>

Her had brought her hand to her temples by now. She had lost track of his questions some time ago. But then they finally stopped. She answered the last question with a 'yes' followed by a 'but.' <B>"I sent it out last evening, but we lacked the finalized expenditures because we had the discrepancy in R&D -- the costs were not adding up. I sent the draft sums with a note that we are aware of the discrepancy and that we will send a follow-up by the end of the week."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Most of the answers she provided to his questions were ... alright. Curiously she checked herself out after the weight remark. It was kind of an oddity. She made gestures and touched her bosom. "I don't think that is how that works... weighing those that is. I don't know! I'm not of the female gender."<i></i> He remarked. He allowed his head to rest on the cool tiles once more. How does one of the female gender measure and weigh their female specific parts? He doubted it. Who knows though? He raised his head once more. Another of her responses was an oddity. Strawberries make teeth whiter? Really? So. Sousuke knew little about the woman who looked after his affairs. He did know that she needed the job. She was reasonably good at it. She did have some fort of family, he didn't know how big the family was. They most likely lived outside.

"I have clearly annoyed you."<i></i> He observed as she brought her hand to her temples. "Mmm."<i></i> Give me problems, give me work, my mind rebels at stagnation. Nope. Nope. Nope. All the nope. Sousuke did not really want to get up from the floor. He was going to be lazy for once. His problems multiplied quicker than rabbits did. "Did you forget about that import from Soon's - the wide frame pipe exhaust? I only needed like six of them to have the heat be directed out from the inner workings on the Mk XII. "<i></i> Sousuke thought about it further. No. There was more to it. "R&D was out by how much?"<i></i> His eyes would shift back over to her again. "Was Nisa on numbers? If so then that is where our problem is. She constantly botches the numbers because she wants me to visit her, which I really do not want to do."<i></i> Sousuke was now the one rubbing his temples. He would finally sit up and ultimately get up. The coffee had finished brewing and with it he took the entire pot all for himself, after adding copious amounts of sugar to it. "Mmm."<i></i> He frowned. Something was missing. He took a portion of the coffee out and handed Rioshi her own cup of coffee. "For all the coffee you've made for me, I think it is finally time for you to have some. I assure you it is not posioned."<i></i> He stated as he proceeded to drain his overly large mug of its own contents.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I don't think that is how that works... weighing those that is. I don't know! I'm not of the female gender."

Breast size is determined by the relative increase in diameter in comparison to the ribs. So a woman would be a 30 D if she measured 30 inches around and if a tape measure were to encompass her at her widest it would measure an additional four inches. Guess work and relative size, not weight is the determining factor when it comes to size. Breasts are not dense, or at least they should not be -- if they were they might need a mammogram. She did not need a mammogram, they were sandbags. Still she answered some of the questions, but she was being talked to, not talked at. When you inundate someone in questions, you are not seeking a discussion but rather you are just looking to make noise.

"I have clearly annoyed you."

Sousuke commented. He was right, her patience had worn thin some time ago with his grievances, petty complaints and fears. He was a rather self-involved man that could not see beyond the bridge of his own nose.

"Mmm... Did you forget about that import from Soon's - the wide frame pipe exhaust? I only needed like six of them to have the heat be directed out from the inner workings on the Mk XII. "</B><i></i>

She thought it was a mistake but she was not going to say a word about it, she had no vested interest in his successes but she was a stakeholder in his failures. Six exhaust pipes is a lot of pipe and the wide nature is not only bulky, making him a larger target but also the pressure and propellant force would be lessened because of the increased diameter. There was also the thermodynamics to consider, but she was hardly a woman of science and rather experience. She did not know any fancy equations or physical laws to substantiate her argument and even if she did why would she share? "Already here, the shipment arrived three days ago, I placed them in your closet. She did not leave them out nor did she bother to notify him. Subconscious decisions were always odd without context.

"R&D was out by how much?"

"Exactly ten percent," to the penny in fact she replied. It was a purposeful error, it was obvious to even her without knowing the social and political circles surrounding his affairs.

"Was Nisa on numbers? If so then that is where our problem is. She constantly botches the numbers because she wants me to visit her, which I really do not want to do."

She nodded in reply as Sousuke explained their relationship or lack thereof. He pulled himself from the floor to fetch a bowl? A handled bowl perhaps considering the vast quantity of rich dark fluid he poured for himself.

"Mmm."<i></i>

He partitioned off a fraction for Shiori, or rather "Rioshi" and passed it over. She was not much of a coffee drinker, in fact it would be rare for the Kazekage to see anything in her cup or on her plate. To keep up appearances she had plates and dishes she brought with her to work but the contents were often evacuated through a window or left to feed birds -- hence her carb-heavy choices. There was often an empty cup on a coaster someplace but she had no need for food or drink when she had other means of nourishment.

<B>"For all the coffee you've made for me, I think it is finally time for you to have some. I assure you it is not posioned."

He knew. Her heart skipped a beat and she felt as if the air was taken from her lungs as he made the spot-on comment. She should have made the poison stronger, more caustic. She should not have been as foolish as to play around, mess with his head. Paranoia only works when someone acts on the whispers scratching at the back of his head and if the toxin was working, it was doing so only minimally. All she could do was play dumb and hope it was a joke or a test. She hated the taste of coffee but she drank the contents all the same in a long sip. It tasted like liquid dirt, not the kind she liked being it was something she sustained off of in a matter of speaking but rather what humanity would equate to such a thing. Hot and utterly revolting. "Why would it?" She played coy and did her best to not cough up the terrible contents of the mug.

She would have to work faster and stop playing around but the action was subconscious, despite her hate and anger there was a bit that... Well...

"Kazekage Takahashi, have you considered being a part of any foreign delegations?" A strange question for a secretary rather than an adviser to ask but a pertinent one for the isolationist king. He lacked paranoia in his nature, obviously. So she would find another method, for some reason she did not want to get her hands dirty at this juncture. "How familiar are you with our neighbors in trade, Tea?"

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke studied Rioshi as she drank his coffee. He tapped his fingers. There was something not quite right. "I have a terrible habit in cooking. You see I reverse flavours. What the opposite of coffee is, well it could be poison for all I know."<i></i> He would work his way over to the fridge he would shuffle through things. There was the clanking of several things. He would turn his head around and look over at Rioshi. "I believe there is a past expired Tuna roll in here. Please tell me you're not eating these expired rolls. If you are .... then, by the Ancients, your stomach is made of iron."<i></i> More busy sounds were made. "In fact, I believe this Suna roll might be alive. Is it ... it is. It is skittering. Astounding. Truly it is."<i></i> Sousuke would remove the box with this oddly alive piece of food. He would then pull out what he did need. He placed his hands on a box. He would take this box out. He would look sideways first. "So. In honour of your working here ... and this being the first anniversary. I would like to ... commend you for surviving year one."<i></i> He would reveal a very detailed pastry of sorts. It was four layers of vanilla cream (which would in fact taste like chocolate ... due to Sousuke's weird ability in the cooking of food). Sousuke gritted his teeth. "I've been in an odd ... spot for the last year ... but it would be much ... odder? Yes. more odd without you. So. Thank-you for ... going with it, including the whole electrocute bit, locking you up in a room, dictating to you from the hospital, so on and so forth."<i></i> He motioned to this pastry now. "This is for you."<i></i> Sousuke was suspicious of Rioshi once, but seemingly it seemed like ... he wasn't. This woman had helped him out, considerably.

His expression sank when she brought up politics. "Oh."<i></i> His face turning into a small frown. She didn't want to be social anymore. She wanted to talk business. His furrowed eyebrows, one of them turned up though as he was curious about the question being asked. "Little. I know that Tea is ... behind us in tech. They're an independent state but that is more due to geography really, but they are a peninsula."<i></i> He thought about it a bit more. "There is no ruling King, or proper family there."<i></i> He paused for a moment more about it. "I've never met their ruler, but ... well, but nothing. I have never met the woman before. The Daimyo's son, Susumu, studied there. Maybe Shouki was there for a time, but that I don't know."<i></i>

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
She drank it down, she hated the bitter substance as it ran down the back of her throat still scalding hot and settled into her belly like a rock. She could not understand how he, or rather humans in general could stand the stuff. Sousuke went on to talk about some ancient and forgotten bit of sushi, something she would have no intention of eating especially in Sunagakure considering sources of tuna were not exactly local but also since her diet consisted entirely of human souls this past year she only ate in public when necessary but as time has went on she has found food to be increasingly revolting. Sousuke pulled out the 'Suna' roll, it snapped and hissed and caused Shiori to jump as it was slid across the desk and Sousuke foraged deeper still to find his desired box. Something would be recovered from the depths and Shiori would cock her head to the side like a curious bird as she listened for signs of life from inside the box. There was no sound and there was a bit of anticipation regarding what it might be in his hands.

"So. In honour of your working here ... and this being the first anniversary. I would like to ... commend you for surviving year one. I've been in an odd ... spot for the last year ... but it would be much ... odder? Yes. more odd without you. So. Thank-you for ... going with it, including the whole electrocute bit, locking you up in a room, dictating to you from the hospital, so on and so forth. This is for you."

He would reveal an intricate pastry and Shiori would let out a relieved laugh that it did not leap from the box and smash into her face or attempt to rule the village with a frosted fist. "Thank you," she replied as she took the confectionery work of art wearing a broad smile. "It is very lovely," she commented as she rotated the treat in her hand "...almost too pretty to eat." She set the layered desert down on the desk, far from the living tuna roll but perhaps not far enough and attempted to wrap her arms around Sousuke and give him a hug that would end with a tight squeeze before she relinquished her grip if he did not evade her grasp.

Once the assumed happy moment passed, she would ask him about Tea Country. The village had been a curiosity as of late. There was an inter-village examination in progress in Soons Haven, something she did not care too greatly to know much about beyond the fact that there were delegates and shinobi of every rank from all over the world concentrated in a single place. One of the few places without representation was Tea Country, one of their closest foreign trade partners if the newspapers were to be believed. Most of the stories these past few months had been outlandish gossip stories about most of the high-ranking shinobis from these distant communities. All this talk about important people and there were two places seemingly left out: Rice and Tea. Rice Country was a long-dead country, something even she knew although word of their destruction had reached her ears slowly. They nation crumbled during her 'death,' allegedly due to the corrupted chakras they were harnessing to power their techniques and magics. It was something that was already in the history books of her youth by the time she learned of this devastating blow. Tea, on the other hand, was a shinobi-less nation according to the books. The infestation of their rugged north-country was not something that reached the books of children, but there was the rare mention of it in trade articles. Tea was depending on the shinobis of Sound to complete various tasks and serve as a protectorate of various people and places of interest but their insidious presence was not seen as favorable by those in power. It was not an uncommon thing of course, a fear that a hidden community would not remain inert and the concern over their sovereign nature when it betrays the interest of the surrounding communities.

"Oh."

Sousuke frowned.

"Little. I know that Tea is ... behind us in tech. They're an independent state but that is more due to geography really, but they are a peninsula. There is no ruling King, or proper family there. I've never met their ruler, but ... well, but nothing. I have never met the woman before. The Daimyo's son, Susumu, studied there. Maybe Shouki was there for a time, but that I don't know."

"It is an interesting nation Sou," she commented as she fiddled with the pastry on the desk. "Interesting enough to have a barely mentioned shinobi nation that is now allying through marriage to one of the Wind Country Daimyo's daughters." The secret Daimyo war was not known even to her, the fact of the matter is the Daimyo had already overtaken the others and there was no Shogun -- Ishii Shiro was the Shogun. There was something funny about words, the power they had to overcome and to change someone's perceptions. A Daimyo is important surely, his realm of control is often vast and his resources great but his power and borders are kept in check by the Diamyo's on every side, but for Ishii Shiro there were none but once upon a time, less than a generation ago there were many. Their passing has not yet been chronicled and it would appear that the media is mute on the subject if they were even aware. "Interesting enough that perhaps you should keep an eye on them," she nudged the pastry a bit on the desk. She liked to play with her food, but alas the living Tuna roll saw the pastry as a moving target and attacked. Frosting flew through the air as the smelly bit of living sushi started to consume its adversary -- only it learning of the white chocolaty goodness that was the pastry. Shiori's lower lip quivered, she wanted to cry.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke would curiously turn a slight shade of pink as he was hugged by his secretary. She was in fact taller than him. She was also quite strong. Well, she wasn't muscular, but she was indeed strong. His eyes blinked once, and then twice. He wasn't expecting this, but well, nothing. He reached with his left hand around her and patted her on the back with his metallic hand. He looked uncomfortable, but that was because he was not used to ... this sort of thing happening. Yes Yume hugged him, but Yume was indeed his girlfriend. Rioshi wasn't a stranger, but there were things that were familiar about her. He wasn't sure what though. Indeed the moment would pass.

Sousuke eyed the Tuna roll that devoured the goody. His eyes narrowed. "I would crush this thing, but then ... mmm ... No. Containment I think. Then released into the wilds. An annoyance to us, but perhaps not aware of what it is doing."<i></i> He stated simply. In ways it was a parable between Humans and Ancients. Perhaps Ancients were truly incapable of seeing that what they were doing was wrong, much like the Tuna roll feasting upon the pastry which was humanity in some overly complicated metaphorical way. Human souls and human lives were indeed just food. Some Ancients ate because they had to, and others thrilled themselves with the hunt. They revelry of it was disturbing to some. Sousuke would collected the animate Tuna Roll and would hold it in his head. His eyes narrowed at it as he conjured the metal around him and fashioned a clone of a spider. He sat the Tuna Roll on the spider, and bid it away to the outside. "I can make another one. They take about three hours to make."<i></i>

Shiori's narration of Tea was ... well it caused Sousuke to raise an eyebrow. "Uhh... as far as I know the Wind Daimyo has one son, and on daughter that are legitimate heirs."<i></i> Sousuke began. He thought about it a bit more. Shouki was the one heir that was illegitimate. "Unless you've confused Susumu with being a girl. I guess that is entirely possible considering his long black hair and ... uhm ... not bulky muscular size. I mean, I would have made the same mistake too, except when I heard his voice."<i></i> Sousuke rubbed the area underneath his eye. "You are right though. I should keep an eye on them, like this Sound village."<i></i> He ringed his wrist with his metallic hand. His gaze shifted to the floor. He fell silent as he seemed to be considering things quietly.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yes a pair of legitimate children; a bastard and who knows how many other progeny he also sired in his youth to barmaids, whores and one-night stands. There was a time when Ishii Shiro was merely a Daimyo over a small providence that was mostly overlooked in Wind Country. Self-sufficient for the most part and only vaguely dependent on the shinobi forces of Wind or abroad, he was a relative unknown but now he is the ruler of the country's capital and he seemed to come from nowhere after the maelstrom subsided but a lot can transpire in a matter of decades and obviously had.

"Uhh... as far as I know the Wind Daimyo has one son, and on daughter that are legitimate heirs."

She nodded, she was aware. Perhaps she chose the plural form subconsciously considering Susumu's feminine form or it was her assumption that there were likely more that shared in their lineage.

"Unless you've confused Susumu with being a girl. I guess that is entirely possible considering his long black hair and ... uhm ... not bulky muscular size. I mean, I would have made the same mistake too, except when I heard his voice." </B><i></i>

<B>"No, I am very familiar with who Susumu is," she replied with a sharp tone. Sousuke had locked her in a closet and she had gotten herself so worked up she vomited in the corner of the cubicle.

"You are right though. I should keep an eye on them, like this Sound village."

Ultimately she was not familiar with the Sound village, she had no reason to be. She knew of the occasional whispered mention of a community of shinobis that reside in the northern parts of Tea Country but little more than that. Their presence in Sunagakure if at all has been insidious up until recently made her believe that they had not been in Sunagakure at least these past few decades for anything more than mundane transactions and needs. Did something change? Something happen? Were they just in the wrong place at the wrong time and here to take the blame of people quick to judge? It as hard for her to do anything more than speculate and it was pointless to do so. "Apparently the wedding is soon," she commented. She knew in the back of her head that something was wrong, something that a better person or rather Ancient would have admitted but she was not a good person or Ancient, she was angry and petty and she would likely continue to harbor her animosity towards the Takahashi family for decades if they survived this generation. "You should be preparing an envoy for Soons. Soons is known for their entertainment and hotels, I am sure you will find something to suit your... proclivities," she added as she leafed through a Rolodex on the desk. "I will have a carriage and a team of sandstriders waiting for you in front of the Toraono Dojo in an hour," she added.

It would be better like this -- sending him to his doom so that it would not be by her own hand. Yes -- sigh-- easier.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"No. No I do not need a carriage."<i></i> Sousuke answered as he placed his hands in his pockets. His eyes shifted skyward at the ceiling. "You have this habit of arranging things for me that I do not require or need ... which is very much something that someone used to do for me." Right. This was number ... seven now? She arranged for him a Brozilian? Brazilian? Something like that. He did not attend it once he learned what it was about. She arranged flowers to be delivered to a woman who he had never really wanted to interact with before because she was going to Lord Nobu's dinner party. Sousuke tapped his fingers together. It was really annoying thing to have happened. It made him wonder why exactly he allowed this woman to be his secretary? Oh right. Convenience.

"Yes, the wedding is coming up. There is an exam portion of it."<i></i> He never quite did get final numbers as to who was going to be present for that. Luckily he had some idea that the numbers were going to be not less than half of the village. The village at least had an idea to be on high alert when he was gone this time. Sousuke suspected the worst to happen. The tricky part was to get the Primus Armour into Soon's without making a scene. Ultimately for better or for worse summoning it in, was going to be his best option. "..."<i></i> He opened his mouth. There was something he was going to say, but he didn't. He paused as he thought about it further. Would the village be attacked again? It was entirely possible. The difference this time is that the village's numbers had improved as there were new individuals in the village. Enzeru would prove to be an asset as he was indeed a most capable in ... almost every regard? The Miroku clan, for better or worse, had assets in Suna which they would protect. The Senju clan was operating and in full force. Sousuke more or less hoped that by the time he returned that ... things would not be in a ruin. Sousuke would motion Rioshi to come with him. The two would enter the cleaning room. There were three armours present. The red one which was far more clunky which she had seen before. There was the black one that was more or a mesh design. She had seen him running about on the Kazekage grounds in this one. The final one was well... heavily damaged. A newer design, but maybe not going to be used again. Sousuke looked at the three and would decide upon the black mesh to wear. "You always wear white. White is a colour of purity. I've been told I wear black when my anxiety is at its worst. It was something my grandmother mentioned to me a while back. Oh. She thinks you're 'smokin hot' by the way. She wondered ... uhm ... well she's heard things about you ... mainly because your lack of social life in the village."<i></i>

MFT 516

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"No. No I do not need a carriage... You have this habit of arranging things for me that I do not require or need ... which is very much something that someone used to do for me." </B><i></i>

Sousuke had two choices in dealing with Rioshi, she became his secretary by force if he recalled. Just some blonde who was too pretty to be seen with him that decided one day she worked in his office and that was that. She was going to show up the next day if she was hired or not, she knew Sousuke well enough to know that eventually he would cede to her because she was not the kind to give ground once it was in her possession. He was going to get the carriage because he would not let good money go to waste. Dealing with Shiori or rather Rioshi under his employ was simply easier than... not. It was a basic truth for Sousuke, she was an unstoppable force but it was likely his hope that he could push her in the direction of least resistance or damage. "Well, the Kazekage is not going to arrive on foot," she countered with a lopsided expression. There was supposed to be a level of pomp and circumstance associated with the arrival or departure of leaders,not only to satisfy tradition but also to demonstrate strength and authority. In a way it was similar to how Ancients dealt with the other Courts -- you never shown the others your fragility or your weakness and you always put your best face forward when dealing with them.

"Darling, you lack style," she finally commented. "When was the last time you wore one of the gaudy suits... not my taste in the least mind you, but it is something that distinguished you from others," she looked at her fingernails as she said it. She needed a fresh manicure before the wedding.

"Yes, the wedding is coming up. There is an exam portion of it."

He pulled her from her thoughts as he beckoned her to follow. She was familiar with this room, being adjacent to the one she resided in during work days with her keen sense of sound she could see everything even if it was not necessarily in color.

"You always wear white. White is a colour of purity. I've been told I wear black when my anxiety is at its worst. It was something my grandmother mentioned to me a while back. Oh. She thinks you're 'smokin hot' by the way. She wondered ... uhm ... well she's heard things about you ... mainly because your lack of social life in the village."<i></i>

<B>"White is clean... feels new and is like a fresh start," all things she needed and all things that were utterly true for her. She lived a life. She died as a result of the Cabal. She came back and tried to hold onto her previous life but she could not once the truth was known. There was no going back and being a family, having friends and relationships. When you die, you are gone and if you come back you just do not seem to fit right any longer. "And usually black is used to conceal and hide, I would rather stay in plain sight." Mikaboshi was a man of the shadows as was Kazuki, it was not in her nature to remain in the darkness like them. She was meant to be everywhere and to be seen. "As for friends..." she shrugged. "Most of mine are dead... or we grew apart," she admitted. It was true, everyone she knew and loved had died and the few that did care for her wanted her dead or avoided her like she had the plague. Sousuke killed her once. Her ambitions for love failed with Harupia. As for this life, it was a lonesome one. The closest thing she had to a friend would likely kill her if given any benefit for doing so and had idly watched her die once before. Workplace associations were professional such as hers with Sousuke and attempts to gain a foothold in the ANBU branch have mostly failed. Her preceptor seemed indifferent to her existence at best, at worst he actively reviled her. "...I am sure i will make some friends at some point, until then..." she forced a laugh "...maybe I will consider getting a few cats."

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke folded his arms. He formed a frown. It was quite silly and child-like really. "Yes he can. The Kazekage can run really fast, why do you think I've been speed running around the tower so much? I'm a better sprinter and long distance runner."<i></i> This much was true. He was running laps around Enzeru and she knew it too! "You take a carriage."<i></i> He said almost defensively? It seemed like he meant it too. Sousuke next listened to how he wasn't stylish. Well, of course he wasn't stylish. That was exhausting and frustrating because style changed constantly. Sousuke unfolded his arms and said nothing as he allowed it to mull around in his mind. "Well, yes of course I lack style. I have you and my nobles to make up for that."<i></i> He answered. That was the truth of it. Sousuke was a very humble individual. His clothes were ... old and plain. Sousuke did not have a ceremony when he did become Kazekage. He didn't have any large and impractical ceremonies when he got to certain a certain age. She asked him when he wore one of his suits. "Uhm... three days ago when I went into the wilds to fix that problem of that rampant overgrown jungle for this farmers. They're not gaudy they're practical."<i></i> He asserted. "I am capable of throwing Kuro in one of those, if I have to."<i></i> He added.

Sousuke listened to her explain the colour white. "White is also the colour of ashes."<i></i> He interjected. Ashes usually led to rebirth, for a phoenix that was. This woman though was not a bird. She was in fact a human, or so Sousuke knew. The contrast though being black was, well what she said was not a lie. It made him think though, was he indeed hiding something? He was. Sousuke formed some hand seals and summoned his Ascendant armour. Shiori had seen this before. The armour though was very different though at least in the helmet portion. The helmet had a pair of antlers that extended from the forehead and went forward. The former design had horns. "Hiding? Yes. Mainly because every time I use this armour set I get very tired... like the dead sort of tired."<i></i> He explained. He formed hand seals and caused the armour once more to disappear. He pointed back to the more form fitting black armour. "So... yes I guess I am hiding something. It isn't in plain sight mind you."<i></i> He explained. Sousuke paused for a moment, there was a word she had used earlier which caused him to consider something. "Why did you call me darling?"<i></i> He would inquire innocently.

MFT 455

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Yes he can. The Kazekage can run really fast, why do you think I've been speed running around the tower so much? I'm a better sprinter and long distance runner."</B><i></i>

He referred to himself in the third person and took the posture of a petulant youth. "Yes, you run very fast," she replied "and will run across miles of desert rather than arrive in style." she added an eyeroll with her sarcasm.

"You take a carriage."<i></i>

"I have no business in Soons," she reminded him.

"Well, yes of course I lack style. I have you and my nobles to make up for that."<i></i>

She blushed.

"Uhm... three days ago when I went into the wilds to fix that problem of that rampant overgrown jungle for this farmers. They're not gaudy they're practical."<i></i>

"I did not know that requiring a welder rather than a tailor was practical,"<i></i> she asserted.

"I am capable of throwing Kuro in one of those, if I have to."<i></i>

"And I am sure that taking a swim would be absolutely safe. That lightning would not fry the circuits. That little granules of sand will not get in the way of all those little gears," she reminded him. Suits are good, but nothing could ever replace the power and endurance of a man.

Not everything is black or white. Some things are relative and some are grey.

"White is also the colour of ashes."<i></i>

He commented morbidly.

"Hiding? Yes. Mainly because every time I use this armour set I get very tired... like the dead sort of tired."<i></i>

Good.

He ran his hands through a hand seal array. His armor shifted.

"So... yes I guess I am hiding something. It isn't in plain sight mind you."<i></i>

She figured as much. That was why she chose this vantage point - to keep an eye on him. To know how close he was. if it was possible to replicate the god-slaying weapon. She did not answer him, but

"Why did you call me darling?"<i></i>

She shrugged. <B>"I have the temerity to say much more," she replied diverting the subject. She was playing on her forwardness. On her confidence. "But... I doubt colloquialisms," she took a breath "such an intimate familiarity even in the spoken vernacular is... uncomfortable for you." Her painted lips tugged upward, making a thin, knowing smile. He was a man without emotion. Without love. Without passion. All he had that made him human was his choices and she hated every single one. "But I have an affinity for such friendly and bold patois," she admitted.

A half laugh left her as she added in closing, "but darling... you will miss your carriage if you do not leave soon."
lDkByxA.png

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Style is overrated."<i></i> Sousuke finally said as he raised his hands to the sky. "It constantly changes because someone does something incredibly unheard of or ... pays some abhorrent amount of money to make a metaphorical statement. I suppose I could show up wearing a meat dress and someone would assert that it was a fabulous risk to take and how it will be the new rage."<i></i> It was a rant. A very mild rant. More so on the human condition. Sousuke eyed the ceiling with an annoyed expression. It seemed like he was considering something. He didn't seem quite pleased about it. "Alright. I will consider visiting a tailor. Do you ... know any in particular?"<i></i> Maybe a suit would do well for him. If not now, for later of course. There would always be another wedding he would ultimately have to go to. "I will have another wedding to go in the future."<i></i>

Sousuke paused for a moment. He ruffled his own hair. He didn't seem what to know with what she said about the darling comment. "It's not uncomfortable. It is something I am not used to."<i></i> He tapped his fingers together. "I do think that this was the first time you've called anyone a term of affection. Kuro did not receive any of these words, or Akkuma or anyone really. It seemed odd that you ... decided to use such a word of sentiment."<i></i> He hold up his hands. "I don't mind it. It is ... ... it has a warm and nice feeling to it. Though I would not call it bold... well to me it is bold because this is the first time it occurred considering you've been in my employment for several months."<i></i> Sousuke said nothing more as he reached forward and grabbed his black armour. It took moments to armour himself up with no assistance. "This is going to sound weird. Perhaps if I were single ... and perhaps if you were not my secretary ... and if mmm... if I did not feel that the odds were not one in ten thousand ... there would be the possibility of ... some ... relationship of sorts."<i></i> He would attempt to use a colloquial himself now. "Dear-ee? Deary? Something that involves a dear and a continued and clear drag on the letter E."<i></i> He finally ruled.

Now then. Back to the infernal carriage. Sousuke thought about melting it, and then using its metal components for something else. "The carriage."<i></i> His expression which was for a few moments ago seemed lighter, seemed to grow sour now. He did not seem to enjoy the thought of it. "Alright. Fine. What is the make of the carriage? If I do not like the look of it, I am still going to make my way there by running."<i></i> He seemed to accept it. Somewhat. Sousuke did not enjoy the prospect of having to be carried by this thing.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Style is overrated."

Sousuke complained. "Oh?"

"It constantly changes because someone does something incredibly unheard of or ... pays some abhorrent amount of money to make a metaphorical statement. I suppose I could show up wearing a meat dress and someone would assert that it was a fabulous risk to take and how it will be the new rage. Alright. I will consider visiting a tailor. Do you ... know any in particular?"

"Let's leave the bubble wrap tunics and ironman suits to the professionals. What you need is something like..."</B><i></i> she let out a sigh as she fiddled with one of the many boxes in the office. Deliveries were rather frequent, most of them were Sousuke's supplies - be it exhaust pipes or a wiring harness. There was one additional package, one she had already ordered. She knew his measurements because she knew him better than anyone including his furry girlfriend. It was a tailed suit made from an imported fabric that she could not even spell, nevermind pronounce. It was a simple black with a white mandarin collar shirt. It had the classic elements most would expect such as the slim fit, the longer jacket, but an array of small buttons and the mandarin collar were enough to make him stand out without looking the part of a fool or overshadowing the groom by going with a classic of a higher quality. That is the benefit of going high class and unusual, it is harder to gauge your choice against your peers, your superiors and your subordinates. "Here," she announced as she thrust the pressed suit in front of her a few inches from Sousuke's face.

"I will have another wedding to go in the future."

"One at a time," she commented as she pulled the jacket off the hanger. "You can do a lot with a few unusual items, men like you need to peacock. Add a cumberbund and a hat and you would be able to recycle this whole thing," she explained. She tossed him the clothes and turned around. Sousuke started to go on about the use of the word 'darling.' It really seemed to get to him and make him uncomfortable.

"It's not uncomfortable. It is something I am not used to."

"Of course not, try the clothes on."

"I do think that this was the first time you've called anyone a term of affection. Kuro did not receive any of these words, or Akkuma or anyone really. It seemed odd that you ... decided to use such a word of sentiment."<i></i>

"To be fair I was asked out by one of the aforementioned," she placed a hand on her hip. "I am pretty sure there was enough endearment in progress."

"I don't mind it. It is ... ... it has a warm and nice feeling to it. Though I would not call it bold... well to me it is bold because this is the first time it occurred considering you've been in my employment for several months."<i></i>

"Yeah, a few months," she echoed.

"This is going to sound weird. Perhaps if I were single ... and perhaps if you were not my secretary ... and if mmm... if I did not feel that the odds were not one in ten thousand ... there would be the possibility of ... some ... relationship of sorts. Dear-ee? Deary? Something that involves a dear and a continued and clear drag on the letter E. "Alright. Fine. What is the make of the carriage? If I do not like the look of it, I am still going to make my way there by running."<i></i>

He was not dressing himself in the clothes she was providing him with, rather he was donning his black armor. She could see it just fine despite turning herself around. She glowered as she spun around on her heels. <B>"That is not wedding wear," she scolded him. "You are not suiting up for a battle, you are suiting up for a social encounter. Look the part." She reached for the latch of one of Sousuke's armored body parts and flicked the clasp open. "It is not as if you cannot fight without twenty pounds of armor covering your torso if for some ungodly reason a battle broke out at a wedding of all places."

[Shiori attempts to wrestle Sousuke to put on his clothes if he continues to try to don his robot suit. Note Shiori is NOT using chakra because she is not an idiot so she is slightly stronger than the average human.]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"What do you mean leave the bubble wrap tunics and the ironman suits to the professionals. I am a professional."<i></i> He stated defensively. Sousuke would give Rioshi a hard look. Just what was she getting at. She took out a suit and showed it off. Sousuke looked at it with a confused look. He rubbed the side of his nose as he looked at it. He listened to the words coming out of her mouth. They were words, he knew what they meant individually, but he did not understand what she said. "My sigil is a horse. A beast of burden. I am not a peacock."<i></i> He asserted. This woman needed to be told things. Basic things. Clearly she did not understand him. Truly though, even as Shiori did she understand him? No. Not in the slightest. There is something to be said about a person who murdered your uncle, aunt, and father and expected to be loved in return for it. It was not something nice to be said by Sousuke. Very rarely did Sousuke swear. One of his companions once thought that he was beyond saying certain words and phrases, and for the most part he was right.

She next spoke of how there were several words of endearment used when she apparently did go out with Kuro? Did she engage in fornication with him? Maybe? Probably? Yes? Kuro wanted to dance with her, and there was this strange ... concept of fornication being a forbidden dance of sorts? It takes two to tango his grandmother would say. Okay. So. Kuro maybe broke his wedding vows, and engaged in extra martial activities. Great. Great. Yes. What next? A slight grimace would appear on Sousuke's visage as he came to the conclusions he did. Well at least Rioshi was not Naganisa, who ruined several of Sousuke's household objects. Objects of the food sort and the metallic sort were used in ways they were not meant to. Spatulas and ... Sousuke's head would droop now. Then Katuso and her went off on their merry way. Then somewhere in between Mikaboshi killed him and took over his body and yeah. Sousuke would sigh. He would snap out of his oncoming gloom as Rioshi asserted that battles do not occur at weddings. "That is not entirely true. I don't think you get it. I've engaged undead people who wanted to make some weird Zombie Sunahoshi at Kuro's engagement party of all things. My life is not what you call normal, average, there is no healthy medium."<i></i>

Then she grabbed him. She ... had a strong grip on him. "You seem a little strong for a lady. Something isn't right here."<i></i> He added as she began to take off his armor. This, this was harassment. It technically was. "H-hey. Stop it."<i></i> Rioshi would prove successful in her attempt to wrestle him out of his suit (which was in fact not a metallic suit, but a black and white mesh of sorts without a face mask). Now the most frightening prospect? Rioshi actually de-clothing Sousuke proved successful. In her success she would find things that were ... perhaps concerning. Scratch marks on his back. Several in fact. Bite marks on his left shoulder. It looked like a creature had bitten him of humanoid proportions. These marks were now deep, but they did seem to be old. Something had happened to Sousuke it seemed, and it seemed quite personal really.

In time Sousuke would find himself looking down at himself in these new clothes. He looked most uncomfortable in them. His index and middle finger in around the neck collar and tugging at it. "What is the purpose of all these buttons? They have no utility. Do they?"<i></i> His other hand, his metallic hand occupied with the poking and prodding of these buttons.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shiori apparently succeeded in taking Sousuke out of his super hero pajamas. In the eyes of most courts, this would probably be considered an inappropriate office activity. However, it is doubtful that anyone would believe him if he said that his secretary wrestled him out of his clothes unless it was penned to the Playboy mansion. She would see the scratches, the welts and the marks left by rows of teeth. His Inuzuka girlfriend certainly had a big mouth. "Your girlfriend seems rather... passionate," yes that was the right word - "passionate." Better than "violent" or "animal-like" but it only goes to reinforce the fact that Sousuke had no taste, something she knew already. Perhaps she now understood why he wore chainmail underpants and a breastplate when going out for something is innocuous as coffee. He needed to keep that woman on a short leash or put a muzzle on her to get through the wedding. She tossed the spandex attire to the side and with a yank wordlessly pulled his arm through one of the sleeves.

"Play the part," she muttered out loud. She was referring to Sousuke and his unwillingness to conform to modern fashion of great expectations. She sighed as she gripped his other wrist to do the same. "You had no secrets in the mesh and spandex you wore darling, at least now you will have a long jacket to cover up." That was the problem with those strange super-hero outfits he always wore, you could not fart without having an air-bubble show up on your backside. She started to button his shirt. It had an unnecessary number of buttons, it was simply how it was made. There was no greater utility in having many or few, only the aesthetic difference that made him stand out on the merit of detail rather than an outlandish choice of attire.

"You were always a tinkerer..." she mentioned as she picked up his jacket and gestured for him to do some of the work himself. If he did not she would. Same with the pants, she was not shy. In fact she would likely mention the merit of wearing briefs over boxers when wearing such form-fitting attire and the lack of necessity now in this suit. That is unless he went commando, in which case she would say nothing but give him an uncomfortable smile and look down too long to be considered polite before carrying on. Regardless she would continue with her former line of discussion once he had pants on, the lack of this lower garment made conversation... difficult. "Could employ a cane that could serve as a weapon, something unexpected. People tend to be more relaxed when they are in the company of a gentleman rather than a sentinel or an armored guard." She was speaking from experience here. She was powerful, perhaps stronger than even the Kazekage himself but she did not look like a fighter. She looked like a trophy wife. Manicured nails and pristine white dresses, she did not look like she was ready or capable of combat and that was the whole point.

This suit did not come with a tie, she did not trust Sousuke to actually be able to keep the noose around his neck. She would draw close and fix his collar instead before she announced, "...and look now at the handsome man." She would grab him by the shoulders and turn him around to gaze into the nearest reflective surface.

They would never see it coming.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
"Passionate? Yes. Well people have their natures, not the easiest of things to change."<i></i> He began. Standing opposite to him was a soul gorging monster that would probably, if given the chance, would destroy humanity whole. Shiori ate minimal amount of souls, but still those were human souls that would never get to the proper afterlife. Could one change the nature of Ancients? Maybe. Maybe not. "Passion takes many forms. I would not change her nature ... it's not as terrible as the natural state of others."<i></i> There was an unnatural silence that followed, or perhaps by now Shiori would be used to it as Sousuke seemed to phase out for a moment. That unnatural silence was filled by her chatting. She would finish the ensemble and offer him some advice. It was easy enough to manipulate the mechanisms of the Silver Edge to transform into a cane. "I'm not crippled."<i></i> He would finally respond to the remark of using the cane. "What is the purpose of the cane?"<i></i> He would inquire.

She would turn him to face a reflective surface. Sousuke would look at himself. Was that him staring back? It didn't feel like it. It felt like a completely different person. It felt something like ... if Harupia worn his skin. A very strange notion and thought. He would hold his hands behind his back. There was always this lingering feeling that he had known Rioshi before. Her name was an anagram. Could have always been random chance that this occurred. There was this saying his father had. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. Their proximity was far too close for that of a friend. Few people had seen Sousuke with a lack of clothing. Two of them in the past were females. This would be the third one. Two of them were no longer in his life any more. A rather ... depressing thing really. Sousuke had an odd friendship with Hakumei who had once tricked him into thinking she had fornicated with him. The other of course ... well, Sousuke was not quite ready to talk about that one yet. Indeed it was Yume, but there were things people chose not to speak about. "What would you prefer. The gentleman or the guardsman?"<i></i> He would ask her. He would turn his face to meet hers. He would have to look up slightly as she was indeed taller than him. He would point to the reflection of himself. "This though is a fabrication. It is not representative of who I truly am. A rather pleasant fabrication yes, I will admit."<i></i> He would tap her cheek with his metallic hand. "One can only hide so much... but you have crafted me in your own image. It is said that gods and goddess craft races in their own image. So. What can we say about this?"<i></i>

MFT 300+

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Passionate? Yes. Well people have their natures, not the easiest of things to change."

Wouldn't she know. Tethered to her nature and cursed to repeat and regret, to hunger and thirst and to remember.

"Passion takes many forms. I would not change her nature ... it's not as terrible as the natural state of others."

He would continue and in the meanwhile she would replace his attire with something more fitting a formal leader. The form fitting attire with neat stitches in perfect rows and an array of buttons all neatly sewn into place. What he was wearing before was like glorified fetish pajamas. "Well, that is good to hear," she commented as she straightened out his sleeves and buttoned his collar. "I am sure she won't mind this handsome transformation," she added "is she from the main house?" Inuzukas were not necessarily common in Sunagakure, it was unlikely that she would be hard to find.

"I'm not crippled."

He complained in response to her thoughts on getting a cane.

"What is the purpose of the cane?"

She placed her hands on his and faced him. "So you can be covertly armed instead of obviously," she explained. Did he really think that he would be allowed to enter a wedding with a sword strapped to his back or rockets attached to his shoes? She turned him around so that he could get a good look at himself, these suits were made for men with slight builds but on the bulkier kind they still streamlined the form. Clothes can hide so much about a person.

"What would you prefer. The gentleman or the guardsman?"

"Depends on the day," she replied.

"This though is a fabrication. It is not representative of who I truly am. A rather pleasant fabrication yes, I will admit."

She would have left him to his narcissist gaze hut he had more to say.

"One can only hide so much... but you have crafted me in your own image. It is said that gods and goddess craft races in their own image. So. What can we say about this?"

She smiled, he knew but she already believed that considering his closeness with the duplicitous Deep Court despite this 'time of war.' She let out a low yet pleasant laugh, "and there you go again, one of God's own prototypes. Some high-powered, mechanized creation never intended for mass production or recurrence. To weird to live and too rare to die, just like every man the antecedent and the subsequent. What can I do but find a jacket and a tie and improve upon God's creation." The thing was, it was quite the contrary. She had made herself into the image of man, not the other way around. What a lovely moment they were having, one that might end in a stabbing.

There was likely a brief period of silence, perhaps filled with Sousuke's words before she looked up at the clock, it was time. "Time to go Mister Takahashi, otherwise you will be late for the wedding."

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back