Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Recruitment Drive [Open]

Randamu Kyarakuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The time has come to open the gates to the masses, it took longer to construct that usual as Amaterasu was very pushy about what went where and how it went. The result was 5 sides filled with dangerous places, minus the front office that was for bureaucracy which is scary in its own right. However there was a open space in between all five, and this is where she would be stationed sitting at a makeshift desk with a clipboard. On the sides of the desk where some rustic brown crates, that for now would have no real apparent purpose. She had posted up the call to arms, to grow the rangers as a group that protects Sunagakure alongside the ANBU. She would have to vet the applicants for the ones she could trust with the extracurricular activites the Rangers participated in, in secret. This would not only begin the growing process, but begin the vetting process. As each person would arrive, they would have to sign in at the front desk before heading back to her, where she would be waiting with papers to sign, waivers involving death or injury not being her or Sunagakures fault, as well as a questionnaire for her to read over while they were taking their tests. The written portion covered a multitude of things to get a history on who they are from a basic perspective.

The first 3 questions where simple, name, age, weight. It was basic stuff that you fill out in any place in Sunagakure.

The next questions where about their physicality, did they have a blood trait or a core talent? Any disabilities? Any dietary requirements and/or allergies, a basic medical review.

Then the questions after that had big spaces for answers. Why do you want to join the rangers? What do you hope to accomplish in your time with us? How do you feel about power?

There were more questions, but they were along the same vein, like a personality test. Once it was all filled out they could hand over their forms!

[OOC: Hello all, please join and RP signing in, coming back and meeting me while you fill out the form if you're interested. Blood traits/core talent = bloodline/core ability. I'll try to post once a day so keep with that schedule if at all possible. Let's make this order the bestest!]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
((OoC: Topic Entered with NPC Taken Takei))

Takei heard rumors of the Rangers Order becoming active. This was something he was down for. Tightening his head band as he made his way to the Tracking Grounds, Takei made way into the office. He smiled and gave a rather friendly salute to the desk worker. "Yo..." He made his way to the desk and found the application paperwork. After signing in he was given multiple waivers and paperwork to fill out as he headed to the back room. It had been awhile since he did paper work. "What a drag..."</COLOR><i></i> Nevertheless the man grabbed a pen and promptly placed it into his mouth as he began reading.

...He's a slow reader...

...A few more moments, give him a break...

After completely reading over the papers his eyes lit up, he forgot to fill out his information. As he opened the door to the back room he may have let a comment mumble from under his breath. "Aww shit man..."<i></i> He didn't notice the woman at first, but as soon as he did his mouth appeared to have zipped shut. A single bead of sweat appeared on his brow before he laughed and gestured at the papers. "Forgot to fill these out... One sec..."<i></i> He found a seat nearby and started to fill out the papers and questionnaire.
Questionnaire said:
Part 1.) Medical Review
  • [col3]A.) Taken Takei|B.) 24 years old|C.) 203lbs[/col3]
Part 2.) Power Survey
  • [col3]D.) Nanjirou Bloodline Trait|E.) N/A on Disabilities|F.) Seasonal Allergies[/col3]
Part 3.) Rangers Initiative
  • [col3]G.) So I can protect those who are precious to me.|H.) Be the best that I can|I.) Power can be bad, so control is needed[/col3]
Part 4.) Personal
  • Man of my words, honest, blunt, kinda shy... I guess, dedicated to my village, and um... dedicated.

With a smile the man nodded towards himself and looked up to the woman. He made his way over to her and handed in his papers. <COLOR color="orange">"This good?

Nanashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Assassin made her way inside the Rangers' hunting grounds with the same light tread she'd employed in the days when her designation was entirely accurate a description of her. With the Darkling Flame's light-obscuring properties breaking up her silhouette and rendering her less distinct, and the chameleonic camoflague jutsu she'd learned as an ANBU further rendering her hard to pin down, she kept her footsteps quiet and her profile low. Slinking from shadowed area to shadowed area, she circled about to the central, clerical portion of the complex. Slipping inside, all but invisible yet in plain sight, she approached the counter where the forms were kept, then dispersed the Flame and her jutsu, the indistinct blurring, as though the view of the room past her were being viewed through tired eyes, suddenly dispersing into a clear view of the short, slim shinobi. Taking a copy of the form and something with which to write, she stepped to the side of the room and began to fill out the form.
Questionnaire said:
Part 1.) Medical Review
  • [col3]A.) Name: ________________|B.) Age: 23|C.) Weight: typically between 0 and 150 lbs[/col3]
Part 2.) Power Survey
  • [col3]D.) Abilities: Sharingan|E.) Barring prejudicial views of the Senju clan, none worth mentioning|F.) Sound Medical condition[/col3]
  • [col3]G.) Why?: Hunting and eliminating threats in a covert fashion has always been my primary skill-set.|H.) Desire: Unsure. Possibly N/A. Seems fit place to exercise talent for assassination, but I have no specific end-goal in mind.|I.) Nature of Power?: Power is inherently neither good nor bad. Its relative morality and ethical status is entirely dependent upon the manner and intent in which it is exercised. It does, however, drastically multiply one's options for approaching a given situation.[/col3]
Part 4.) Personal
  • Personality: Has no bearing on my ability to do the work, and it is thus not relevant.

Her expression still as neutral of affect as the masks ANBU wore during missions, the Assassin placed the registration form on the counter. "If some designation for me is required, I may be referred to as the Assassin. Given that is a title or descriptor rather than a name, I felt it misleading to place in the first entry blank."

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Roku began to blissfully make his way into the room. He had a rather pleasant smirk on his face as he seemed to be softly humming to himself some inaudible tune. Noticing a sign-in sheet he would begin to scribble down his name and look around for the next step. It seemed he was to make his way down to another area, where someone was waiting.

Geez, what a weird process. I saw the message that went through the rank and files about a "Danger" Order. Of course I want to see what the danger was, who wouldn't?!

There was a high probability that Roku did not fully understand what he was walking into, but because he naturally enjoyed a challenge he found himself entering into this location. The subject of the Orders were something he did not take a whole of time learning, Sousuke had mentioned them but he simply zoned out. If Roku had done some homework, he would have immediately recognized that many of his natural talents and personality traits would favor this Order over the other two... so this would be simply considered pure dumb luck that he found his way here.

Approaching the next table, where a female was stationed with some paperwork.

"Good day!"

After his happy welcome he would take up the different papers and make his way to a seat.

Geez, this place is almost dead quiet.

Questionnaire said:
Part 1.) Medical Review
  • [col3]A.) Name: Okayama Roku|B.) Age: 22|C.) Weight: 230ish? Maybe? I'm 6'2", I for some reason remember that more than my weight.[/col3]
Part 2.) Power Survey
  • [col3]D.) Abilities: Reckless [actual CA], is that an ability?|E.) Nope.|F.) Nope.[/col3]
  • [col3]G.) Why?: Why not? I heard there was danger in this Order so I wanted to see what it was all about!|H.) Desire: Have fun? Do something interesting? Help others... too many to keep writing.|I.) Nature of Power?: I feel like I have it, power, but it is ultimately meaningless if only used for your own personal desires. My friend Sousuke is a big ole nerd, but I think he is one of the most powerful people in the village, not due to a title, but because he is able to rally those around him.[/col3]
Part 4.) Personal
  • Personality: I once tried to punch a baby sandworm... not sure if that is personality, not sure what that is... but it was interesting. I really don't know what you want in this spot but I didn't want to leave it blank. I stink at tests, can I go and lift something heavy?

Roku would stare down at his paper and its many scribbles and let out a sigh. This was not the danger he was hoping for nor did he enjoy tests, but this was obviously a first step thing. It was very reminiscent of his Genin Exam from back in the day... which was its own little pain in the ass. He would slowly make his way back up to the table, smile to the seated woman, bow and place his form back on the table. The wavier about death and all that other boring thing he immediately signed without a second guess, but the little exam sheet had definitely lowered his spirit. He would look around to see if there was anyone else present that he knew, but none of the faces really stood out to him as he went off to take a seat once more.

Danger Order...

Randamu Kyarakuta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The first wave, they had begun to arrive. First was the man named Takei who was a Nanjirou, saying power can be bad so it must be controlled. Then the nameless one approached and handed over their paperwork, no name with a sharingan. This may be a bias toward the wielders of such a thing, but she would work under the assumption that she was already under its influence. Then there was the tall big guy who was there seemingly for the fun, the danger...oh he would get the danger.

She coughed lightly and stood up, snapping her fingers. Her massive wolf, the size of the table came seemingly out of nowhere and picked up the crates, leaving them each at the feet of the applicants. He would tell them each individuals, with his mouth using perfect english. ""Don't open it yet." and then return to his masters side, where she would choose to sit on its back instead of her chair, it was a comfort thing for her. Putting his size in perspective, if it stood on its hind legs it'd be roughly two of her in size.

"Thank you all for applying. You're the restart of an amazing and strong order. One that will usher a new era of safety in to Sunagakure. Before we begin the endurance test and training, I first need to explain who we are, where we come from. You see, this order dates back to the first people. We were hunters and gatherers for the village as it began, and we kept it safe from alpha predators like sand worms and the like. Once the village became self sufficient, the order was downsized. The offshoot become what we know today as the ANBU, while the rangers were re-purposed much to their dismay as the right hand of the ANBU, they use us to help hunt and track dangerous animals, people, and other." she said, knowing everyone here knew something that didn't quite fall under those categories. "But we also have a separate charge, one passed down generation to generation. The prevention of the abuse of power. The collecting of powerful and dangerous artifacts, and the prevention of problems before they matter. If we do our job right, the ANBU should be put out of a job!" she smiled, as Ace took her around to the front of the desk, laying down so she was facing them. Her legs dangling off his side. "Our order is unique, in that nobody outside these walls should know who we are, only that we are. So one may ask the question, who's to stop us from becoming the most powerful and how do we work with anbu without them knowing our identities? It's simple, I've got contingencies in place to assure we don't become the next cabal, and when on the job you are to conceal yourselves at all times. Failure to do so will result in automatic expulsion. The only ones who can know you, are others of your kind. she said, adjusting her legs to be crossed.

"Now the crates in front of you. In order to properly get a sense of who each of you are, I have given you each the same set of equipment, two of these..." she removed two rings from her chest pocket. "...a uniform, and a water canteen. This is all you will be taking with you, I must ask the indecent and have you take off all belongings and put them in the crate. You will then prick your finger and bleed on the box, this will lock it to your personal self so nothing is taken or lost. First you put on the cuffs, they are the same thing as ANBU use to keep prisoners from using chakra, this will be the same thing. You will be surviving only on your own willpower and ingenuity. Should you refuse to wear them, you will be dismissed. Second, the uniform you have recieved will be suited for your survival type. We will not be using the desert biome because we live in one, and is probably the easiest to overcome. Third is the canteen, its to hold water...you'll have to procure food on sight." she said finally standing up and grabbing the clipboard with their papers on it and heading to the first door to let the first applicant in once they had gotten their gear on.

"First up is Taken Takei, you will be in the Grasslands." she swung the door open, the lush fields stretched as far as the eye could see, the space was most certainly impossible, but it was built that way. "Your objective in the first 3 days is to set up a camp complete with traps and perimeters and lodging, it doesn't have to be great, but it has to keep you from exposure. You will get an update on your next objective once that is complete" she said, waiting for him to go in, once in she would close the door behind him and lock it. Next was the nameless one who felt the need to explain they were nameless for a reason. "Siri-chan your test is in here, you get the forest biome. Your first three days is the same, make camp and survive, your objective will be updated upon completion." she opened the door, the humidity blasting through as she did. It would be rough for a Sunan used to dry cave weather. Once again, step in and then locked the door behind. Next up was the one who wanted danger. "You get the tundra biome..." she opened the door, the blast of cold wind knocking the door out of her hand, smacking it against the wall. "You know the shtick, set up camp and wait for further instructions. Might I suggest a cave." she said, knowing this was the physically toughest room. Though they would each have their own version of toughest before the time was up. Once in, she would shut and lock the door.

"Ace, go into the monitoring station and watch them, I'll be back later." she pet his head and moved to the exit. Ace moving off to go watch them work, he would expect dog biscuits when she came back.

[MFT]
[OOC: Your outfits look as such, mastercrafted is the tundra suit, basic is the grasslands suit, and enhanced is the forest suit. The idea is to push you physically and emotionally here, so really play it like you had zero jutsu only your body <3]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank

Takei turned in his paperwork and sat down, it had been a while since he had to something like this. It was probably his Jounin Exams when he was last tested on his own abilities. As the next person entered the room they introduced themself as "The Assassin". The Kugutsu Guardian chuckled a little bit to himself. What kind of self glorified and pretentious title was that. It screamed a vain veil of ignorance. Oh well... Takei kept to himself as Roku entered the room. This man seemed to be more respectful and collected as a Shinobi. Takei let out a sigh before the woman began speaking again. He raised an eyebrow as he watched her ride on her giant dog over to the table.

It was time to start. He got a full debrief on what the order was actually about. He was to join the order in order to create a "new era of safety into Sunagakure". This information made him smile. He sat back in his seat more and leaned forward to listen more closely. The woman who was obviously the head of the order began to explain about the endurance test and training, which was needed to prevent the abuse of power. So far all of this sounded good to him. He was even to conceal himself when he was out on the job. He was beginning to love this more and more. He looked down to the box that was now laying in front of him. He listened to the woman's instructions and followed suit. He took of his exterior clothing leaving only his headband and boxers before he opened up the crate to begin getting into his uniform for this test.

He pulled on the white t-shit, his blue and brown pants. He strapped on his vest and the two swords onto his back. His gloves and gauntlets were the last thing he put on. The rings were worn under his glove to make sure it wouldn't fall off. He also clasped his canteen to his side before waiving goodbye to the group and jumping through the door...

((OoC: Not sure If I am supposed to go from here and just do everything or not so I am going to just wait to see. Also sorry for the delay))

Kioku Kasure

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Two new figures walked throught the doors, eeriely similar save the difference in hair and eye colour, and a rather nasty looking bruise, they were having a fairly energetic conversation.
"Look I'm not trying to say its bad or anything."
"You literally called me pathetic. Thats not constructive criticism. I asked for constructive criticism."
"I thought you meant that you wanted a comment to make you work harder. And in all fairness, you did then find some energy reserves." The blue haired one rubbed the bruise above his rippled eye. Walking with his partner to the desk.
"You can't get sympathy, that was deserved. I maintain I am in the right on this."
"Well at least you managed to get past your best, though quite why you needed to I'm not sure."
"It was to prove a point to myself mainly. Look I'll fill out the form for you as well, to make it up."
"So you do feel guilty!"
Kaz sighed and pushed back his now purple hair. Satto was always irritating, but especially when trying to be helpful, maybe asking for his help with his training wasn't the best idea. He continued the conversation while his hands seem to move almost by themselves to fill out the forms.
Questionnaire said:
Part 1.) Medical Review
  • [col3]A.) Kioku Satto|B.) 17 years old|C.) 200lbs[/col3]
Part 2.) Power Survey
  • [col3]D.) Water Attuned|E.) No disabilities|F.) Allergic to common sense[/col3]
  • [col3]G.) So I can protect those who need it.|H.) Making sure no one dies|I.) Power needs discipline[/col3]
Part 4.) Personal
  • Sometimes I'm an idiot, but luckily some friends usually keep me in line. Also I have an odd obsession with colour coordinating...

"It's not guilt, well I guess it is, but it doesn't mean you were right about it, just that maybe punching wasn't the solution."
"Well Now that you've admitted that I'm right can you start dressing in purple please."
"Woah way to change conversation, I'm not going to change wardrobe just because my hair is a different colour."
"But blacks so booooring."
"I like black. Besides-"
"Is it because its slimming? Is this your body issues thing again?"
"-Its cheaper. Wait why do you think I have body issues?"
"No reason. Why don't you wear purple?"
"Do I have body issues? Damn it Satto."
"I mean I'm not saying that you do but-"
Questionnaire said:
Part 1.) Medical Review
  • [col3]A.) Kioku Kasure|B.) 17 years old|C.) 200lbs[/col3]
Part 2.) Power Survey
  • [col3]D.) Empathic|E.) No disabilities|F.) Allergic to fashion sense[/col3]
  • [col3]G.) So I can protect those who need it, and stop those who have to be. And maybe to teach them as well.|H.) Stopping the bad guys mainly|I.) I've seen what power without restraint can do. I don't want anyone to be on either side of that situation ever again.[/col3]
Part 4.) Personal
  • Sometimes I'm an idiot, but luckily some friends usually keep me in line. Definitely no body issues.

Kaz looked down, a little surprised to see the filled out paperwork. After he read it he frowned and then shrugged, it was essentially correct. When I find out who did this... Sniggering in the back of his mind gave him all the information he needed. He looked back at Satto who was still digging the hole deeper.

"I mean body issues aren't all bad, and at least you know that you might have them now, which I guess is better right?"
"Its fine, I'm still not wearing purple though."
"Damn it."

Kaz handed back the surveys with a smile.

[MFT][593]
OOC: Hope I'm not too late.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: Attempted to wait to allow Nanashi a chance to post, so if I need to delete this and continue my wait let me know.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The animal brought each of them a crate and even gave them the direction of not to open them yet.

Well that is genuinely unique in this crazy world we live in.

The female then approached and began a long speech. It was now very apparent, through the discussion of Order this and that, that his original idea of this gathering was not correct. It did, however, seem like this was going to involve some danger. He was already a member of the ANBU corp, and privy to some naughty secrets within this world, but this was genuinely his first time hearing of this little society.

This wasn't the only Order that has been brought to my attention. I need to start doing a little investigating of my own.

Roku wasn't too concerned with the old adage of "curiosity killing the cat". The female would finish the grand overview of the Order and then begin to prep them for what their little initiation rite happened to be. His eyes would peer down at the box and then back up at the one giving the orders... of the Order. It seemed that this would be a feat of survival. He would begin to undress and open the crate. Piece by piece he would pull out his new attire. First he would place the very familiar cuffs on his body. Again, as ANBU he was very aware of this little token of the prison. Their design was to restrain his ability to mold chakra. Next would be the rather lengthy process of placing the remaining parts of his attire on. The bulk of his clothing, slightly more than the others, gave him the impression he was going to be a very unique little adventure. Once they were all clothed she would explain where they were going and what they were doing. The two before him seemed to get placed in two varying, and not typical, terrains.

How do these places exit. Where the hell am I?

Little did he know, that very question would be asked again in the very near future. Roku would approach, be given his assignment, and would start to make his way to a door. It would open and unveil a sight he never imagined he would see, but first he got an incredibly unusual sensation. A burst of cold air would come slicing across his face as his eyes widened and took in what he could see in the immediate.

Where the hell... am I...

Roku, still in awe, would slowly make his way through the threshold and into the tundra landscape. His eyes would begin to search, look around for something, anything. In all honesty, he was like a kid entering a forbidden zone. A playful smirk crept onto his face as he took off running into the harsh environment.

"How does such a place exist?!"

The cold began to invade his lungs bringing a burning sensation within his chest. His breath would now be noticeable in front of his face. Within his body he could feel his pulse start to slow a bit. It seemed that the conditions within this frozen world would not take long to impact his body. It was now important to search out a base of operations. The gusts of wind, cutting through him like a razor in quick powerful bursts, exacerbated this environments harshness. What he would need, what he would be looking for, was something to provide him with walls. The female from early had suggested finding a cave.

"Not a bad idea."

His trek would begin. With each step, he could feel the strain in his muscles growing. The drastic cold, the wind, it was all starting to kick his body into a natural system of shutting down to preserve energy, so the further he traveled the harder each step became. Another annoyance, one he did not consider at first, was that while his clothing provided his body with protection from the wind, his face was completely exposed. He would need to not only find a home base, but figure out a way to correct that situation. Scouting, he remained vigilant of his surroundings. The world he was now in was different and yet similar to his adventure to the surface when the Diamond Maelstrom was still a thing. It was seemingly devoid of life, it was not accepting of his life, and things looked incredibly bleak. Their were juts of ice, peaks of frozen earth and not sign of anything resembling a meal.

"Did she send me to a place without any source of food?"

No, it can't be that. To send me here means there are things within this zone that can allow me to survive. Won't be easy, I suppose.

His positivity would hopefully guide him through this little test. He was going to need to get use to talking to himself both internally and externally, but with each passing step his list of things he needed would only continue to grow.

MFT - 837

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
All three participants accepted the conditions proposed to them. All of them suited up and entered their respective holographic biodomes. This was going to be an interesting experience for them all. Amaterasu had just requested her massive animal companion to watch over them as he she exited the room for a while. Unfortunately something was not well as Ace hurriedly left the room as well after his master. A new individual, or better yet, a pair of twins entered the room only to find it empty. Picking up the questionnaire, they filled it out with the necessary details and placed the paper back on the table. He was now probably wondering where was everyone. If they cared to look at the monitors, they would saw three individuals, sporting similar outfits, all alone in three different environments. He would also notice three locked chests near the table. "Have a seat please." a calm voice would indicate Kasure to take a seat. The boy and his twin would realize then, if not sooner that someone else had joined them. If they were to turn around, as they should, they would see a very pale individual with silvery hair. A pair of onyx-like eyes were staring back at them. This Sand Jounin was dressed with a black and gray robe with silvery trimmings and an open colar, along with a large, red, flowing toga drapped around his body and across his chest. Black pants and black combat boots finished his attire.

Despite the paleness, Kazuki would easily be missed out in a crowd, his presence however, would not. Where he went, a deathly chill aura followed suit. Kasure, unless he possessed a very strong sense of will, would notice the air temperature had decreased a significantly. The howling of the wind would also reach his hears, even if there was no wind around to gently caress them. Last, but not least, they would also notice that the shadows in the room had become intense and lively. It was not hard to blame the White Wolf's presence to this strange phenomena. But he had just told them to take a seat. In front of the monitors, three, crudely done, wooden chairs had just popped out, courtesy of the former Sennin. On his way to the one on the left, Reaper picked up Karusu's filled out questionnaire. Both of them had enrolled on the Ranger Order so they could protect those in need. A noble sentiment and fitting of the order. "My name is Senju Kazuki and I will momentarily replace Inuzuka Amaterasu. If you have not already, you will notice that three other hopeful rangers are all alone, with minimum gear, facing three different scenarios. If you had come a little earlier, then you would also have one for yourself, but for the time being, you will be here with me, checking on them." Kazuki would tell him after raising his eyes from the paper. "I will use this to teach what the ranger order is about, since the previous teacher has already done so with the others." the Overlord would explain them.

"The Ranger Order has a long history. The original members came from the First Men's Hunters and Gatherers. Back then they protected humanity from the alpha predators of that time. These original men then became what his known as the ANBU of our time, while the Ranger order was resized and repurposed to become their right hands. The rangers, however, are tasked with something the ANBU are not. The prevention of the abuse of power. The collecting of powerful and dangerous artifacts, and the prevention of problems before they matter. These charges have been passed from generation to generation, you four being the newest one." the Silvery Haired Man told him. He paused momentarily so he could take a peak at the screens. Everything was good so far. "Now, we are a secretive order. No one should know who is a ranger, the only thing rest of Sand needs to know, is that you exist and that you are here to protect them. When conducting offical Ranger businesses, you are mandated to conceal your identity. Failure to do so will result in automatic expulsion. No one, except for another Ranger, should know you are one. You will realize that the ANBU have copied this from us. Is that understood?" Reaper questioned them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The three individuals would not be alerted that something was not right with their test. The sound of static would abruptly reach them, only for it to go away. "My name is Senju Kazuki. I will be replacing Inuzuka Amaterasu for the time being. Proceed with the instructions you have received. Find shelter and survive for three days. No further contact will be made with until that time. Good luck." and not they were aware a new player has entered the game.

[MFT=813]

OC
I will be replacing Amaterasu as requested by him.
I want you to treat the first part of this topic as a self modded S Rank mission, that is, until you create your camp, build defenses and survive for three days, I will not direct you, but I will still post. Only after you are done, I will continue modding.

Kioku Kasure you entered this topic after Amaterasu set up the other three. You are going to sit out and watch with Kazuki. If Nanashi doesn't post for a full week again, I will have him replaced with you.

Also note that my character is joining the Oracle Order, but for the purpose of this thread, he is going to learn about the Ranger order so you won't stay idle for long.

Kioku Kasure

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Before the newcomer arrived, Kaz had sensed the chill, a deathly stillness which you would expect to be accompanied by the touch of wind or a droplet of water. His eyes closed, and Satto stopped his polite chatter sensing the disturbance in his twin. Deep within Kaz tension built, an instinct to fight or flee began to grow. Danger?

The new player entered the room. Satto's acknowledged the bold attire with a nod, Kaz wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing for him yet. The newcomer was clearly more experienced, and also seemed to be more at home within this organisation.
"I'm always eager to learn." Satto remained quiet, contemplating the predicament that the other three remained in. He quietly took a seat and watched as the event unfolded. Kaz meanwhile paid full attention to the Jounin in front of him. Secrecy copied by the ANBU huh? These people are very old. Or at least this order is. Interesting...
"Secrecy is what I do. Isn't that right Satto?" The blue eyed twin dragged his eyes away from the screens and nodded, staying unusually silent.
"So for missions, I assume we'll be solo usually, rather than teams considering that there only appears to be five applicants. Also you say 'artifacts' Which suggests storage?"
Kaz had heard that they used to store nasty stuff in the prison, but since the whole prison break thing he guessed that that was probably a bad idea now. besides, something was living at the bottom supposedly. Maybe that'll be the first mission. I hope not though that place has bad juju

[271]
[MFT]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
latest

And the light began to glow in his eyes, stepping foot in the pollen filled air Takei let out a sneeze. This was not exactly what he was expecting. Surviving for three days? What was this child’s play? With a slight chuckle escaping his lips the dark skinned man made his way through the field. The fact that he wasn’t allowed to use his chakra was a drag to say the least, but nevertheless he would have to make do. The scene itself was pretty, he guessed. Grass everywhere… That was about it, well with the exception of some plants. He began to look around for something useful.

The sun was approaching high noon so he had all day to make his shelter, which was actually rather lucky for him. The Nanjirou descendent would be able to do just fine with these twin blades on his back, but the idea of falling ill due to the weather was something that made his face make a twisted discomforting expression. He would take a breath before looking around for signs. Downhill he could see exactly what he was looking for. The man made his way to the taller thickets of grass before grabbing the oats that lay on top of it. This was Rye, a species of plants that indicate water. He smiled; this was where he would build his shelter.

The sky was clear with dispersing clouds. The land itself was rolling hills but had no distinct hi or low elevations, he was currently on the side of one of these hills. He was on his knees using a flat stone to dig into the ground, as expected the soil here was soggy and easy to dig through. Under the top soil rested a layer of clay, this was what he was looking for. Continuing to mine up the clay he probably extracted about ten pounds of it. He sighed and wiped his brows of sweat that had begun to bead up. He stood up, dropping the rock, and looked around. There. With a few short stroll the Kugutsu Clan Guardian found a few tall shrubs. He would reach in and cut off numerous of the straightest branches that he could find. Making a large bundle he laid it on his shoulder before making it back to his hole in the ground.

Sticking the branches into the ground Takei made a rectangular box with the branches aiming upwards. He would then proceed to grab lengthy pieces of the reeds that were abundant around him. Meticulously weaving the blades through the branches Takei spent a couple of hours to create woven walls on his soon to be shelter. Grabbing his clay he began to layer the outside of his thatch hut with the clay, going back for more clay until the entire outside of the hut was covered. Takei took a second. He had spent a few hours on this, but it was almost done. He laid the longest branches over the top and angled them so that they would drain to a single corner where he would set his canteen. Takei would come out of his newly built shelter and began to look for food.

The sun was at a resting 6 o’clock in the evening before he was finally able to go and find food. He would easily make a bow out of a branch and the fibrous roots that grew underneath the bush. He would also sharpen and nick a few straight branches before attaching reeds with sticky sap to make at least ten arrows. He would let out a sigh, he had spent another hour and by now his stomach was empty. Taken Takei was stalking his prey, a small deer; this animal would be plenty for him to live on for a couple of days. A breath in and a breath out, the pullback was harder than expected. Takei was becoming slightly exhausted. As the arrow reached his cheek the inhale was finished. As it flew the breath was released and for the first time in hours a vocalization would have been heard.

The dying cry would echo as the day became night. The crackles of the newly birthed flame would be heard as Takei would begin to ready his meal. He spoke a silent prayer over the animal thanking it for its life and allowing him to live another day before commencing to eat.

And that was day one… The next two days followed as the man bettered and bettered his shelter making sure it was safe from the elements. It hadn’t felt like long as the days flew by. He awaited his next step.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
</B>
CONDUCTING A HUNT...​
<i>
</i>

Kuro has long luxurious hair that is silver grey in coloration but also seems to have a natural discoloration pattern made noticeable by the darker gray streaks in his hair. This natural pattern gave his hair the appearance of tiger stripes even when he wears his hair down. He has large smooth gray eyebrows. To glance at him at close distance was to notice that both his arms are streamlined with thick girded muscle. His neck is thick at 24 inches, leading to massively muscular shoulders and an explosively developed chest. His biceps un-flexed are 22 inches around; from his mid back to where his neck meets his shoulders Kuro is covered with Runic Terran Tiger Stripes. Although Kuro is well muscled he still carries love handles at upon his waist which he trains daily to get rid of to no avail. His upper right shoulder bears a tribal black lion mark that serves as a Heaven Seal. Kuro is known by most Sunans as a master of the ancient Toraono Clan form of fighting known as ShiShi no Ken or Lion's Fist. Kuro has large hands, and feet allowing him to stand at 6ft 2 inches and weigh in at 270 lbs. His lips are full, rich and of dark chocolate smoothness. His brow is unmarred save a single epic scar atop his scalp. His nose is flared and smooth as if solid black marble could be molded into a large nose. His ears seem perfectly suited to adorn the sides of his head, neither flared out nor pinned back just there. When focusing his powers he gains twin orbs of vibrant violet and gold cat like pupils that seem to catch every movement in a casual glance; show that they actually did just that. With a flourishing bow and quick movements, Mouko Kuro delivered a message and some items to the Ranger candidates. <B>"Candidates for the Ranger Order, I Toraono Kuro do hereby request your aid and actions in a sandwyrm hunt in order to capture one and study it for ANCIENT rites of passage and training necessary to finalizing the Oracle Order and improving the capabilities of the Ranger Order. Please assist us in the coming days."<i></i>

Kuro presented a copy of a Toraono Ledger along with ancient tools and items which described in direct and possibly novel fashion how to attract, engage, and possibly ride a sandwyrm.

Midori Majo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Questionnaire said:
Part 1.) Medical Review
  • [col3]A.) Midori Majo|B.) Age 10|C.) 65 lbs[/col3]
Part 2.) Power Survey
  • [col3]D.) None so far, maybe the Gods shall bless me soon!|E.) I'm small.. but able!|F.) No known weaknesses or phobias. I hate spiders.[/col3]
  • [col3]G.) To see the surface.|H.) Learn from the Earth Mother.|I.) Protect my people from the wrath of the desert![/col3]
Part 4.) Personal
  • I'm young.. I'll be around for a while, at least another 60-80 years! lol

Midori entered the room and picked up one of the questionnaires. Reading over it he chuckled to himself. The questions seemed.. probing? Glancing around the room for a moment, he couldn't help but feel like maybe he was to young for this group - but he wasn't a quitter. Filling out the paperwork carefully and deliberately, he did his best to look older and mature. Professional even. Turning in the form, Midori turned to the room and spoke.

"I heard rumors of a nature club for those seeking to make a difference, am I in the right place?" He asked

Crossing his arms Midori awaited the rest of the room to acknowledge him. He had no doubts he could take on anything thrown at him. However the people before him looked battle hardened. Midori certainly had no combat experience, nor was he a shinobi yet.. But Nature was his jam, butter and bread - and he wanted nothing more than to reach the surface.

“I’m Madori Majo, aspiring bad ass extraordinaire and green witch of Suna.” He introduced himself

Smiling, he dug through his pockets and pulled out several small bundles. Holding them out to the group, he gestured them in offering.

“Peppermint bark, anyone?”

His parents had taught him that food breaks all social boundaries. He had personally found candy to be an effective way to get his peers to open up. It couldn’t hurt after all, right?

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Episode 3: 'Do You Want to Build a Snow Home?'| Ranger Order Arc said:
[col]There were only a few times, like a minuscule number of times, in Roku's life where he has hoped for facial hair. Usually, it was just some magnet for filth and was viewed as a negative distracter from a face, his own, that he really enjoyed. Why alter perfection? But this, this test, was one of those moments. It felt like icicles were forming from his eyes. The wind was bitter cold and unforgiving as it seemed to swirl around him from every angle. If he was going to survive this moment for any amount of time he would need to find a base of operation, and fast. Nearly frozen, or at least that is how they felt, eyes would begin to slowly scan across the terrain in search of something, anything.

"Go-o-o-t-t-t-t t-t-t-t-o be a c-c-c-c-ave here."

Well that isn't a positive. I'm starting to sound like one of Bakasuke's broken metal toys. I need to get out of this damn wind.

If he had access to his chakra, Roku might have been able to utilized his amplified strength to simply beat a hole into the landscape where ever he chose, but that would not be the case. No, this was a test where he was left to his own devices, limited resources and in a harsh terrain. If he wasn't able to complete this, if he allowed this to be what defeated him, he would not be able to live with himself. Surviving the Cabal incident, risking his life for the betterment of the village and his friend, would all be for nought because he could not simply survive on a cold day. Sure, that was a gross under-exaggeration of his current situation, but that is how Roku worked. If he wasn't doing something foolishly, he at least had to be thinking foolishly.

I won't let this beat me...

Sluggishly, he would continue to drag his body closer and closer towards an ice pike that was jutted out of the ground. In terms of dimensions, it would almost be safe to consider this natural made ice structure like that of a miniature mountain. His heavy feeling eyes would look around the area once more. With limit vision due to his growing exhaustion and the swirly snow and icy wind, he could not see anything else, aside from vague shadows in the background, that would be a suitable location for his new home. No, this would have to do. There was no other choice.

"Y-y-y-y-ou. Home."

His words would come out as a grunt as he would smack his right fist against the side of the block of ice.

"Open."

His voice would sound as if it was fading as he would send another halfhearted punch into the wall. If he was trying to punch away in, if that was even possible with his current handicap, this was not going to do the job.

"Shi---"

The voice would trail off as his face would come slamming into the ice wall before him. His mind would drift. It seemed that, while still standing, this would be where Roku would freeze to death. A Rokucicle.

So this is it, huh? Always thought I would die because of a woman, alcohol or picking a fight with the wrong person. I guess, in some sense, this was picking the fight with the wrong 'person'. Stupid cold. Stupid ice. Stupid handcuffs. Stupid Cabal. Stupid Sousuke. Stupid ANBU. Stupid village. Stupid ice. All of these annoyances. Stupid Mikaboshi. Stupid Kuro. Stupid Akkuma. Stupid Academy Students. Stupid Wind Daimyo. Stupid Fuu. Stupid everything. This is just all so damn stupid. I am going to die in a pointless test. This is going to be how it goes... with all those other idiots out there doing their stupid little shit. No. NO. Not today, Death.

His eyes would snap open once more as his fists cocked back.

"I got stuff to do, this isn't the end of the line."

A new vigor was in his voice as a more determined looked etched across his face. With all the reckless abandon he could muster, Roku would begin to wildly slam his fists into the wall. Each punch would get faster and stronger than the last. The speed of his arms would intensify and make it seem like hundreds of fists were slamming into the ice wall before him. Cracks would start to form.

"THIS ISN'T HOW I DIE!"

The sounds, if it wasn't for the whistling wind muffling it, of his fists and roaring voice and yells would have filled the entire biosphere. His eyes no longer held any semblance of rationality within them. They were now full of the same ferocity of a wild animal, one that was backed into a corner.

"OPEN UP YOU STUPID..."

Cracks would continue to form in the wall as his hailstorm of fists would continue to rain upon it.

"STUPID..."

The ice would start to give way, indenting inwards.

"STUPID..."

And as the fists continued to connect with the wall something would happen, a Suna-mas miracle; the wall before him would rupture and produce an opening. Still caught in the middle of raining down his punches, Roku would find himself uncontrollably crashing forward into the newly created hole. His body would hit the harsh ground and go sliding forward a few feet before finally hitting a wall of actual rock. For whatever reason, maybe just simple luck, it appeared that Roku had came across the ideal location. Within this ice spire, there happened to be a pocket of air within the frozen ice. His tenacity and dumb luck allowed him find one of the few points in this barren wasteland where he, with his monstrous natural strength, would be able to punch his way through the ice. If he had been just a few feet to either his left or right he would have been punching a solid wall of ice that would have just resulted in break all the bones in his hand.

"Mountain..."

The word would sputter out as he laid upon the ground breathing heavily. His hands were covered in blood from the battering they had just received, but it seemed that it was all worth it. He was triumphant. At least, for this part of his test. Day 1 would be drawing to a close as he now had shelter, free from the cutting ice wind of the outside and provided with the insulation of sorts. He was surrounded by rock on three sides, above, behind and below, with the only actual wall of ice being in front of him. Not being surrounded completely by ice meant that he would not be living in a refrigerator and still end up frozen to death, so his luck was exceptional. But this still needed some sprucing up to make it more ideal for living, but for now it would work. Next step would be hunting for food... but first some rest.

The sound of someone new would come over his headset, a new examiner for this trial. It didn't matter. The test didn't change.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC:
1,185 words
|
[legend="[glow=purple][b][size=5]Roku[/size][/b][/glow]"]
I0PhX4j_zpsh2oos0jb.gif

Name: Okayama Roku
Epithet: Suna's Raging Beast
Height: 6'2"
Build: Lean and Muscular
Eyes: Green
Blood Type: O Negative
Personal Data
Stamina: 50,400
Chakra: 31,200
Power Level: 3600 [CL: 15]
Stamina: 600 / 600
Agility: 600 / 600
Ninjutsu: 600 / 600
Taijutsu: 600 / 600
Genjutsu: 600 / 600
Chakra Control: 600 / 600
Fight Data
SurvivingActionsBoomsticks
Alright you primitive screwheads, these are my boomsticks! [Roku's fists/arms]

Effect:
1. Chain Link
2. Crippler
3. Chakra Drain

Damage Type:
Unarmed - Suppression

Accuracy/Damage modifier:
-2 Accuracy, +10% Base Damage
Weapon Equipped
Let It GoMood MusicFeeling cold... hungry... -____-MISC X
[/legend]​
[/col]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC
Just a quick OOC post. No more applicants will be accepted from now on. You will have to wait for another topic if you wish to enroll on the Ranger Order.
I'll will be giving Nanashi a couple more days before continuing this topic.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Nanashi has gone all but inactive. Kazuki could not spot the Senju hater anywhere on his screens. It would seem he or she, depending on the body used, had vanished from the earth. Which would mean Kasure and Majo had something to do. "You three." the Overlord spoke as he pointed to the twins and the newcomer. "Take your gear from those three boxes." he instructed them as three wooden boxes emerged out of thin air. "Inside you find appropriate gear for the biodome you are entering, an empty canteen and a pair of cuffs that prevent the usage of chakra. Any belonging you have can be stored in your respective boxes. Once you close it, drop a drop of blood on the lead and no one else will be able to open them, only you." the White Wolf instructed them. The Silvery Haired Man waited for them to suit up and deposit all and any items they could not bring with them. Once suited he would open the door to the forest dome with a mental command. "Your current objective is to find the ninja that has entered before you. Track him down and find what has happened with him. But your first priority is to build a base camp. Reestablish contact once you have concluded your camp." the former Sennin instructed them and motioned them to enter the opened door.

Kuro had, by now, barged in and practically demanded the Ranger Order's involvement in the affairs of the Oracle Order. Kazuki was enrolling himself with the Oracles so he knew the Toraono Warlord had the idea of asking for help, but what the Demon Ancestor was forgetting was that the Rangers were practically nonexistent and the Overlord would not risk the lives of people that were barely initiates. The White Wolf had an answer for him, but two of the aspiring Initiates were in need of instructions. "There is a dangerous beast loose in your area. Now that you have set up camp or are in the process of, your next objective is to track this beast. A Ranger not always knows about the enemy he is hunting down. Sometimes we have to stalk our prey and learn more about it. What are his strengths, his weaknesses. We have to learn our prey's patterns and know when the strike must be done." the voice of the Silvery Haired would again reach Roku's and Takei's ears, starting the details of their next objective. "And that is it. Your current task is to track the beast, find his lair and study it as thoroughly as possible, without being tracked yourselves. At the same time, I want you to formulate a plan of attack on how you are going to take it down. Don't forget to maintain your camp and always prioritize your survival. You cannot do much if you are dead. Kazuki out." he finished the instructions. So far so good. What they had to do was quite clear. How they were going to do it, it was all up to them. He could babysit them and tell them exactly what to do, but this was a test. And sometimes, you don't have guidance. Sometimes you have to learn by yourself, things you never seen or encounter before. This would not be easy but it would ensure they would become better than they previously were.

There was no one else in the room now. Only Reaper and the Sand Sennin. The former Leaf Sennin rose from his chair and turned to face the Toraono Warlord. "I knew your intentions of involving the Ranger order with the Oracle Order. I was there. But I never guessed you would try to involve people that are not even Initiates in our hunting for a Sandwyrm. This is madness Toraono Kuro. They are not ready to hunt down anything, let alone a wyrm that can take apart any capable adult shinobi. The Ranger order will assist you, but only after they have become Rangers themselves and only if they are feel they are up to the task. It will be up to each and everyone of them to decide if they wish to assist you in this venture as I will not order them to do so." the Silvery Haired Man told Kuro.

OC
Kumomi your target is a mutated wild boar.
Roku your target is a mutated snow leopard.

Midori Majo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Midori listened and his excitement grew with each passing moment. Crossing his arms as he was instructed to give up his belongings, he thought for a moment.

‘But.. my hat..’

Shrugging, Midori opened the closest box and began to undress. The suit before him was rustic at best, and offered no clear aid to his continued survival. As he buttoned up the last clasp, he shook the canteen and chuckled audibly at its emptiness. Slinging the canteen over his shoulder he paused to examine the cuffs. Chakra binding cuffs and a shinobi hunt? This seemed suicidal – and the perfect test of his worth! Clicking the cuffs into place along his wrist he found them oddly comfortable. They glowed softly and he could feel his connection with his chakra fading. He felt.. Empty? Naked? Carefully and with love he folded up his hat, robe and wand. Depositing his possessions Midori bit his thumb. The pan was momentary and the blood that dribbled forth was metallic and delicious. Closing the box he placed his thumb on the lock and smiled as it clicked shut. Turning to Kazuki he saluted and spoke.

“As per your orders, I’m ready.”
He explained

As the door opened, Midori would wander through. Happy as a clam he ran towards the nearest tree with glee. Wrapping his arms around its trunk he soaked it all in. The dry musty aroma, the scruff scratch of the bark – beautiful. Yes, he felt at home for the first time in his life he felt right. After several moments he would turn to his new comrades and speak.

“Well.. We have no chakra for fire, and no tools to build a shelter.. Maybe we can use these odd pillars for base camp? They have steps further up.” He inquired

Gesturing upwards into the canopy, he shrugged.

(mft - 305)

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"No worries Kazuki-sama, I am not intending on anyone besides myself and possibly 3or 4 others of significant strength to face a sandwyrm of any age or capability. I simply would like any of the Ranger initiates to bear witness as well, according to legends and journals, sandwyrms were under the Ranger order's direct protection and control. I am not one to send anyone to face anything beyond their capability but watching from a safe distance so that they may take notes isn't far fetched. I have yet to thank you for all your assistance with Sunagakure's expansion. If you have need of anything please let me know. I will leave these journals, and ledgers here for the Ranger initiates to study while I perform reconnaissance on an area where we could safely face a sandwyrm and draw Fuu's attention as well. Be safe and Well Brother Kazuki..."<i></i>

Kuro placed the books and leather bound ledgers on a table near Kazuki, Kuro was quite happy the Senju Overlord was helping the young and new. Different styles of training could only lead to more improvements for everyone.

Topic Left unless stopped

Kioku Kasure

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The twins began changing in silence, in an almost eerie unison. When it came to the cuffs, both put a hand to their head, wincing.

"That was worse than I thought it would be."

As they followed the now hatless midori into the new biome Kaz couldn't hide his impression.

"Pretty clever to set up an entire biome, I guess it was to cultivate exotic flowers originally."

After listening to the young one speak, Kaz got the impression he was maybe a genin? Sharing a glance with the Satto, the blue haired twin began to collect fallen pieces of wood and split them into piles of kindling, and firewood. Meanwhile Kaz turned to address Midori.

"So have you done any wilderness training? Or are you new to this scenario? I'm Kaz by the way, the oft silent one is Satto. He's sulking."

Kaz would proceed with his talk as he began to move away from the pillars.

"So the rule of three is what you need to remember. 3 hours of cold will kill you so first you get fuel for a fire and find a shelter. 3 days without water will kill you so, next you find a source of clean water. 3 weeks without food will kill you so that comes last. Ideally you get shelter and water at the same time and food before the three day mark, otherwise you get a tail off in abilities start losing focus and getting dizzy in days and the like. And trust me when I say that fighting like that is not a pleasant experience. To that end grab your canteen and tell me where you would look for a spring in this biome."

Kaz would follow his hatless peer, hoping that he was a bit more competent than he first appeared. Meanwhile Satto would continue getting firewood, hopefully this was the most time productive thing he could be doing for now.

[322]
[MFT]
OOC: Sorry for the delay.

Midori Majo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Midori had no survivalist training, and at least in that respect he was hopelessly useless. He did however have a keen intellect and the imagination of a small child to work with. He gave a warm ‘peace’ gesture and nod as Kaz introduced him to Satto, before beginning to assist in the gathering of fire kindling. Midori’s eyes widened with excitement as Kaz explained the rule of three. Smiling, he spoke.

“You know, the number three is considered a number of power in my ritual practice. It is kind of exciting to see it displayed so fundamentally in nature.” He explained

Rubbing his chin in thought, Midori paused for what felt like forever before speaking.

“There is a lot of plant life here.. a lot more than back home, so there must also be a lot more water? We have no tools to dig, but maybe we can find a stream and build base camp near there? If we have to abandon camp we’ll be able to use the water to hide our trail too..” He explained

Shrugging helplessly he dropped off his kindling contribution to the pile and spoke again.

“I have no professional survivalist training.. To be honest, with the storm and all I’ve never even been to the surface.. If I were to look for a spring in this biome I would follow the foliage, looking for a dip in the landscape.. Back home I’ve noticed that the cacti get thicker the deeper into the caverns you go.. So maybe we should head for lower ground? Maybe that’s a good start?” He inquired

[ooc: No worries, my life is about to get busy as well. :)]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back